Wii Game Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 0

#151 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

I was considering downloading Water Warfare or Onslaught. Are there still ever any people online playing these games?

JAB991

There are still enough people playing OnSlaught online, but it'll be down to like 4 people on at a time in a year or so. Same with Water Warfare.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#153 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

This threads smells of awesomeness.

Hey Jordan can we add "Mushroom Men" to the platformers list? It was well received by critics and would make a good addition.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

I have a question..... just how bad is FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers? I saw IGN give it a 6.2, and for IGN, that is a horrible, horrible ranking. I love all the FFs (the numbered ones.... there have been a few spin offs that I didn't like).

Also, please recommend some good Wii RPGs.

Thanks.

psyko0815
is not bad, i have it, is kinda entertaining,but combat is very simple, even at the end. Simple upgrades, and combat limited to twisting in 3 or 4 ways each foe for different effects besides merely throwing them.Some tactics involved but not rewarding with xp or visible armor or weapons(just crafting materials). Story is interesting,graphics really good.is alright if cheap.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 intro94

I have a question..... just how bad is FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers? I saw IGN give it a 6.2, and for IGN, that is a horrible, horrible ranking. I love all the FFs (the numbered ones.... there have been a few spin offs that I didn't like).

Also, please recommend some good Wii RPGs.

Thanks.

psyko0815
also,phantom brave and sakura so long are good wii rpgs.i liked em both more than Tales .But chocobo was amazing.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Hey Jordan can we add "Mushroom Men" to the platformers list? It was well received by critics and would make a good addition.

sonic_spark
I'll look into it. My only concern is that i haven't seen much talk about Mushroom Men AT ALL in this forum, even at the time of its release or in brief mentions since. Since I base this thread on the opinion of the forum as a whole (as best I can), I'll have to get some more info. If anyone else has played Mushroom Men and thinks it should be added, speak up. In other news, a Monster Hunter entry is coming soon. It'll be a Must Have based on the forum's reception of it.
AwesomeKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157 AwesomeKenny
Member since 2010 • 375 Posts
I have 4600 Wii Points now, but I dunno what to download next on the Wii Shop Channel. Any suggestions, anyone?
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I have 4600 Wii Points now, but I dunno what to download next on the Wii Shop Channel. Any suggestions, anyone?AwesomeKenny
i find the wiiware ffcc titles pretty fun.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#159 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

I have 4600 Wii Points now, but I dunno what to download next on the Wii Shop Channel. Any suggestions, anyone?AwesomeKenny

My recommendation:

World of Goo - 1500 points
Pokemon Snap - 1000 points
Super Mario 64 - 1000 points
Defend Your Castle - 500 points
Gyrostarr - 600 points

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#160 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts

Contra Rebirth 1000pts
Streets of Rage 2 800 pts
Secret of Mana 800pts
Ogre Battle 64 1000pts
Military Madness Nectaris 1000pts

Limp_Laky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#161 Limp_Laky
Member since 2003 • 505 Posts

I think this is the place to post this. I was wondering if getting a wii would be worth it for monster hunter 3? I've played twilight princess on gamecube and have played smash bros at friends houses. So pretty much what I'm looking at as the major game is monster hunter 3, unless other people could give me some other ideas for games. I'm just worried I'd spend 250 on a game and system and then not touch them very often.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 JordanElek

I think this is the place to post this. I was wondering if getting a wii would be worth it for monster hunter 3? I've played twilight princess on gamecube and have played smash bros at friends houses. So pretty much what I'm looking at as the major game is monster hunter 3, unless other people could give me some other ideas for games. I'm just worried I'd spend 250 on a game and system and then not touch them very often.

Limp_Laky

Look through the first list of games in this thread. Those games are usually recommended the most. The list is up to 14 now, so not including MH3, TP, and Brawl, there's 11 other titles to consider right there.

AwesomeKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 AwesomeKenny
Member since 2010 • 375 Posts

[QUOTE="AwesomeKenny"]I have 4600 Wii Points now, but I dunno what to download next on the Wii Shop Channel. Any suggestions, anyone?JAB991

My recommendation:

World of Goo - 1500 points
Pokemon Snap - 1000 points
Super Mario 64 - 1000 points
Defend Your Castle - 500 points
Gyrostarr - 600 points

Thanks, but I already downloaded Super Mario 64. I played it back in the N64 days as well. :P

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

I have 1650 points left. Any suggestions? I think I might use a 1000 on Majora's Mask just because I never played it before. I already have Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="sonic_spark"]

JordanElek

I'll look into it. My only concern is that i haven't seen much talk about Mushroom Men AT ALL in this forum, even at the time of its release or in brief mentions since. Since I base this thread on the opinion of the forum as a whole (as best I can), I'll have to get some more info. If anyone else has played Mushroom Men and thinks it should be added, speak up. In other news, a Monster Hunter entry is coming soon. It'll be a Must Have based on the forum's reception of it.

I can give that game a small recommendation.

It's basically an updated N64 platformer. It's a good game (7.0) nothing more, nothing less.

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 inflammable01

I have 1650 points left. Any suggestions? I think I might use a 1000 on Majora's Mask just because I never played it before. I already have Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

psyko0815
If you enjoyed Ocarina of Time then get Majora's Mask. If not, then get Ogre Battle 64. You could get River City Ransom (500pts) with the remaining points.
roxlimn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 roxlimn
Member since 2003 • 1104 Posts
This thread needs more Muramasa! Muramasa: The Demon Blade is an "action-RPG" by developer Vanillaware, previously noted for Princess Crown and Odin Sphere, both brawlers. Muramasa is a step up along the same ladder. More of a 2D brawler than an actual RPG, Muramasa boasts jaw-dropping visual art, technical 2D brawling, and an intriguing look into Japanese mythology. On the recommended Shura mode, experienced brawlers should be able to get through one character's basic storyline in about 12 hours, requiring 20+ hours for the whole game; not counting the Shigurui Challenge Mode. If you're a fan of the old 2D Ninja Gaidens, you have to play this game.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I hope I made the right decision, I owned a Wii before but the only game I had was Mario Kart and I ended up selling the thing deciding all I needed was 360. I hope with the more games out now and the constant urge to play Mario this time it will be a good keep. The SMG2 commercials really had me fiending for Mario too. So can you guys suggest any games to get and just tell me a little about the games? Right now I'm looking to buy Super Mario Galaxy, MLB Power Pros 2008, Tiger Woods 2010, New Super Mario Bros. I think that's all I'm buying for certain, I'm also considering Pro Evolution Soccer and NHL2k10 due to the good reviews and I'm a big fan of sports games. I don't think I'd be interested in Zelda or Paper Mario either. All help is appreciated and anything else you'd like to share is more than welcome. Thanks very much
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 inflammable01
So can you guys suggest any games to get and just tell me a little about the games? Right now I'm looking to buy Super Mario Galaxy, MLB Power Pros 2008, Tiger Woods 2010, New Super Mario Bros. I think that's all I'm buying for certain, I'm also considering Pro Evolution Soccer and NHL2k10 due to the good reviews and I'm a big fan of sports games. I don't think I'd be interested in Zelda or Paper Mario either. All help is appreciated and anything else you'd like to share is more than welcome. Thanks very muchSonny360Elite
I thought SMG was good while it lasted. MLB Power Pros is probably the best baseball videogame I've ever played. NSMBWii, if you enjoyed the previous games in the series and always wanted to play the game simultaneously with someone, then this is definitely for you. Tiger Woods 2010, get it if you like to play golf, if not then pass. Not sure about PES or NHL2k10 since I've haven't played either them.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Is Bomberman Blast still worth downloading for online-play or are the servers empty already?

Dantethayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Dantethayer1
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts

Hey guys, i just saw No More Heroes 2 at walmart for $20 bucks new should i get it?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#172 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
ack to suggest some updates on the thread: 1- you should add MH3 to the RPG genre as well as action, and put it on the "online multiplayer" section. 2- where's the bit.trip series?! add them :x i hope you take my suggestions in consideration :D (oh and the angry thing on the bit.trip, i was just kidding... but i still think they should be on the wiiware list... and bit.trip runner deserves a spotlight... that is, if you don't spotlight MH3)
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#173 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Hey guys, i just saw No More Heroes 2 at walmart for $20 bucks new should i get it?

Dantethayer1
Wow in 4 months time it dropped from $50 to $20? There are indeed rewards for those who wait. Eh?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="Dantethayer1"]

wiifan001
Wow in 4 months time it dropped from $50 to $20? There are indeed rewards for those who wait. Eh?

I don't get why people buy games new at all. Except Nintendo ones or COD or some other ones that don't really drop in price. I mean, games are usually 1/3 the price after only 3 to 6 months... (Obviously this doesn't apply to the megaton games we all get super hyped over and want day 1 :D)
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Overlord Dark Legend or Little King's Story? I am leaning towards LKS but Overlord has a Fable look to it and that is one of my favorite games ever.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 JordanElek

Overlord Dark Legend or Little King's Story? I am leaning towards LKS but Overlord has a Fable look to it and that is one of my favorite games ever. TheColbert
Stick with Fable if you want something like Fable (I've never played Overlord). LKS is one of a kind, really fun, hilarious, and a good value.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="TheColbert"]Overlord Dark Legend or Little King's Story? I am leaning towards LKS but Overlord has a Fable look to it and that is one of my favorite games ever. JordanElek

Stick with Fable if you want something like Fable (I've never played Overlord). LKS is one of a kind, really fun, hilarious, and a good value.

Both of these games play like grittier versions of Pikmin. Both have moments and gameplay goes in the same linear progression of easy, fun, hard, fun, stupid hard, easy.

They both are fun though. so choose LKS if you like grit with smiles and Overlord if you like grit with "HARDCORE ACTION" TM.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#178 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Overlord Dark Legend or Little King's Story? I am leaning towards LKS but Overlord has a Fable look to it and that is one of my favorite games ever. TheColbert

I haven't played Overlord, but LKS is on my Top 5 Best Wii games. It is fantastic, long, challenging, charming and better than Pikmin. Yeah, I said it. :P

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

im thinking about getting reflex,i really like shooters,i have a ps3,but i want to be able to move my gun,so heres my question,

1-are there alot of cheaters?

2-are there alot of people online,easy to find matches

3-i heard it has the best wii online other then monster hunters,so is that true,and can you invite people to play,have private matches, and all that,im gonna try to get it soon,but i need to know these things first,thanks

oh and do you know the cheapest place to get it,i checked at gamestop,any cheaper places,i checked amazon and ebay to,there all about the same prices,ao do you know a website were i can get it,the real version not pirated,at a really cheap price?oh and is world at war better? same questions go for it

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4231 Posts

OK guys. I need help very badly. What are the most violent and/or scary Wii ware games for the Wii???

I need a good list, that would be much appreciated. I can't go through all the games listed there are too many.

Recommend me some games. Thanks.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#181 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I cast one vote for Super Mario Galaxy 2 under the must-have category.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 JordanElek

I cast one vote for Super Mario Galaxy 2 under the must-have category.wiifan001
NEVER.

JK.

soccerguy93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 soccerguy93
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
I have a wide range of games that I want, but I can't narrow it down. I want Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but I can wait a bit for them. I've heard a lot of good things about Monster Hunter Tri, and I'm really close to getting it. I'm also thinking about the Conduit and Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I'd rather get my shooters on the 360, the better online there adds a lot more replay value.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

I recently spotted Castle of Shikigami III and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for $10 each, I was wondering if either of these are worth picking up either to play or as a collector's item.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I recently spotted Castle of Shikigami III and Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for $10 each, I was wondering if either of these are worth picking up either to play or as a collector's item.

_BlueDuck_

CoS3 isn't bad. but Accent Core has a Plus version. So for collection purposes the original isn't nearly as valuable.

Both games would benefit from an arcade stick though, so that is a benefit.

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#186 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Wondering what a good, Must-have, multiplayer game is for offline, and single-player play...I was kinda thinking Tatsunoko vs capcom, or...mario kart.

SkyeHawc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 SkyeHawc
Member since 2010 • 87 Posts
I have a wide range of games that I want, but I can't narrow it down. I want Super Mario Galaxy 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii, but I can wait a bit for them. I've heard a lot of good things about Monster Hunter Tri, and I'm really close to getting it. I'm also thinking about the Conduit and Metroid Prime Trilogy, but I'd rather get my shooters on the 360, the better online there adds a lot more replay value.soccerguy93
Both of the Mario games are superb, but it doesn't take too long to beat them. That's doesn't mean they aren't tons of fun though. Monster Hunter Tri is good for a longer, better online experience as opposed to the Mario games. And it's for a slightly more mature audience as well.
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

which one should I get?

SMG2 or monster hunter tri?

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 vguy555

which one should I get?

SMG2 or monster hunter tri?

Regent192

i think you should get super mario galaxy 2 first

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

monster hunter,i dont have it,but i know its better

MuppetusG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 MuppetusG
Member since 2008 • 232 Posts
I am planning on diving into the world of JRPG's, so I would like some recommendations, please :) While my next purchase will probably be Fragile Dreams, I am thinking more of Tales of Symphonia and the like for suggestions.
fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#192 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Sin and Punishment or Wild guns?

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
Need a list of the Wii's best platformers (I don't care for reviews just as long as the game handles well and is fun). I already have SMG 1& 2, Death Jr., and NSMBW. The original post suggest only 3 games but I'm sure there must be more platformers on Wii than those. Please PM with your suggestions, I'll appreciate it very much.
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 intro94
Need a list of the Wii's best platformers (I don't care for reviews just as long as the game handles well and is fun). I already have SMG 1& 2, Death Jr., and NSMBW. The original post suggest only 3 games but I'm sure there must be more platformers on Wii than those. Please PM with your suggestions, I'll appreciate it very much.azzezino
platformerswise id go with the recent POP forgotten sands which got solid scores, other than that on top of my head theres De blob which is a bit different from traditional platformers.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
[QUOTE="azzezino"]Need a list of the Wii's best platformers (I don't care for reviews just as long as the game handles well and is fun). I already have SMG 1& 2, Death Jr., and NSMBW. The original post suggest only 3 games but I'm sure there must be more platformers on Wii than those. Please PM with your suggestions, I'll appreciate it very much.intro94
platformerswise id go with the recent POP forgotten sands which got solid scores, other than that on top of my head theres De blob which is a bit different from traditional platformers.

Already planing to get de Blob and POP I'm getting for my other system, but besides those are there any others?
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

[QUOTE="intro94"][QUOTE="azzezino"]Need a list of the Wii's best platformers (I don't care for reviews just as long as the game handles well and is fun). I already have SMG 1& 2, Death Jr., and NSMBW. The original post suggest only 3 games but I'm sure there must be more platformers on Wii than those. Please PM with your suggestions, I'll appreciate it very much.azzezino

Already planing to get de Blob and POP I'm getting for my other system, but besides those are there any others?

Try:

• Klonoa
  • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
  • Wario Land Shake it
  • A Boy and His Blob (lots of adventure game elements to it)
  • Muramasa (lots of action and RPG elements to it)
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

any good wiiware games under 800 wii points?

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Should I get SSBB or SMG2?

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

TheHighWind

In my opinion, SMG2 is the better overall game. SSBB is also good if you can play local multiplayer with friends.

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 vguy555

[QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

moltenix

In my opinion, SMG2 is the better overall game. SSBB is also good if you can play local multiplayer with friends.

i agree, both games are great, but SMG2 is better