Wii Game Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 0

#51 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="MarioGirl64"]

Would anyone recomend Tatsunoko VS Capcom? Little Kings Story? Murumasa the demon blade?Zack and wiki?Thanks :)

Eraphiron

I can recommend Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I second that recommendation & also recommend Little King's Story and Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

I've heard great things about Zack and Wiki, but I don't own it nor have I played it, but I plan to pick it up. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
Member since 2009 • 9489 Posts
Thanks guys :D Also, is Links Crossbow training any good? :P
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#53 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="Eraphiron"]

[QUOTE="MarioGirl64"]

Would anyone recomend Tatsunoko VS Capcom? Little Kings Story? Murumasa the demon blade?Zack and wiki?Thanks :)

AjaxNeron

I can recommend Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I second that recommendation & also recommend Little King's Story and Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

I've heard great things about Zack and Wiki, but I don't own it nor have I played it, but I plan to pick it up. :)

Im about 5 hours into Zack and Wiki and it definitely meets the great reviews. It's the best puzzle game I've ever played. The puzzles test you, but aren't overly difficult. I think it is like $20 now, which is a complete steal.

Also, for everyone I highly recommend de Blob. It is only about $20, which is also a steal. This game is probably my favorite Wii game. It's very fun and very original. Replay value is pretty much limitless.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

is Links Crossbow training any good? :PMarioGirl64

No, you can beat the game in under an hour.

I had trouble justifying spending $3 on it.

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts
[QUOTE="MarioGirl64"]Thanks guys :D Also, is Links Crossbow training any good? :P

Nope.
unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts

[QUOTE="MarioGirl64"]Thanks guys :D Also, is Links Crossbow training any good? :Pinflammable01
Nope.

It isn´t that bad, it´s more for testing the wii zapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

[QUOTE="inflammable01"][QUOTE="MarioGirl64"]Thanks guys :D Also, is Links Crossbow training any good? :Punrealtron

Nope.

It isn´t that bad, it´s more for testing the wii zapper

I won't get it then :P
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
Are there any other shrumps like Star Soldier R that have online leaderboards?
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 inflammable01
Are there any other shrumps like Star Soldier R that have online leaderboards? Mario2007
I believe Geometry Wars: Galaxies does.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Well I only have enough points to buy one Super Star Wars game so which one should I get? I want to get Empire Strikes Back since it is my favorite of the movies but I read that the difficulty is insane so that is some what of a draw back.
Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Eraphiron
Member since 2010 • 569 Posts
Thanks guys :D Also, is Links Crossbow training any good? :PMarioGirl64
I had fun with it, because it was fun to beat the highscores of my brother. So if you have a brother or sister or anyone you can play with, it's a good game.
COD_MANIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 COD_MANIA
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
no more heroes 2 is a must get absolutely amazing
Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Eraphiron

Can you recommend Zack and Wiki? It looks like a really fun game, but is the trial and error gameplay bad?

And is the replay value good?

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

can someone explain to me about the gameplay in endless ocean: blue world?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Can you recommend Zack and Wiki? It looks like a really fun game, but is the trial and error gameplay bad?

Eraphiron

It's not necessarily trial and error. Some of it is, but most of it is "sit and think" kind of stuff. You can usually avoid errors if you investigate everything well enough and then think it through. That's not to say there isn't any trial and error, but I kind of like that kind of gameplay anyway, so I can't say it's bad.

There has been no replay value whatsoever for me. I beat the game and wanted to go back to it, but I feel like I'm missing something. There are a lot of hidden items but I can't seem to find any of them. But even if you only play it through once, it's well worth it.

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Eraphiron
[QUOTE="JordanElek"]

[QUOTE="Eraphiron"]

It's not necessarily trial and error. Some of it is, but most of it is "sit and think" kind of stuff. You can usually avoid errors if you investigate everything well enough and then think it through. That's not to say there isn't any trial and error, but I kind of like that kind of gameplay anyway, so I can't say it's bad.

There has been no replay value whatsoever for me. I beat the game and wanted to go back to it, but I feel like I'm missing something. There are a lot of hidden items but I can't seem to find any of them. But even if you only play it through once, it's well worth it.

Thanks, it's pretty cheap here now, so I think I'm going to buy it. I also like trial and error, but it seems a bit strange in a puzzle game.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JordanElek

Thanks, it's pretty cheap here now, so I think I'm going to buy it. I also like trial and error, but it seems a bit strange in a puzzle game.Eraphiron
The trial and error is pretty much "hmm.. I wonder what would happen if I tried this...." and if you're wrong, there's usually no "error" at all (in other words, nothing happens.. you're not really punished for trying). There are a lot of different types of levels, though, so it's hard to generalize.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#68 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="MarioGirl64"]Thanks guys :D Also, is Links Crossbow training any good? :PEraphiron
I had fun with it, because it was fun to beat the highscores of my brother. So if you have a brother or sister or anyone you can play with, it's a good game.

I got it free with the Wii Zapper. I thought it was pretty fun, and getting high-scores was fun.

Phazon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Phazon64
Member since 2009 • 612 Posts

One quick question, is Metroid Prime Trilogy worth it? I might be able to buy a Wii game some time soon and this one seems like it would be worth the money.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JordanElek

One quick question, is Metroid Prime Trilogy worth it? I might be able to buy a Wii game some time soon and this one seems like it would be worth the money.

Phazon64

Definitely. I owned all three of the original games, and the Trilogy was still worth it. The Wii controls for the GC games make it totally worth it.

Lobo_das_Neves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Lobo_das_Neves
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

Another Code R anyone?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#72 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Heard Cave Story comes out the 22nd.

Should I wait for Super Meat Boy or should I buy Cave Story when it comes out?

shaka_fo00o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 shaka_fo00o
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts

Sword and Soldier

- was a lot of fun to be had while it lasted

1000 Wii points

Genre: Strategy

Mack2D2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 Mack2D2
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

Klonoa is a pretty awesome platformer... I would suggest it to anyone that's a fan of the genre, especially if they didn't play the original on PS2. I hate all the ports that Wii gets, but this one was awesome. (10x better than the Okami port in my opinion)

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

How long is Muramasa? I'm wondering is it worth 30 quid. I'm having flashbacks to spending 30 on Madworld, which was waaaay too short to justify that price imo...

Edit: Also looking for any strategy/strategy RPG/city builder game for Wii. I've played Anno, Star Trek Conquest, Battalion Wars 2, Fire Emblem, Sim City Creator, any others?

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

I'm happy to see Ogre Battle as the march spotlight. Anyone looking for an interesting RPG should check it out. :)

dared3vil0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dared3vil0
Member since 2009 • 1254 Posts

Hey, guys just got myself a Wii and wanted a good FPS. Any suggestions?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JordanElek

I'm happy to see Ogre Battle as the march spotlight. Anyone looking for an interesting RPG should check it out. :)

Pixel-Perfect

Oh good. I wasn't even sure anybody was paying attention to the spotlights... :(

Hey, guys just got myself a Wii and wanted a good FPS. Any suggestions?

dared3vil0

If you haven't played Modern Warfare on another console already, it's probably the best FPS experience on the Wii, especially for multiplayer.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

JordanElek

Oh good. I wasn't even sure anybody was paying attention to the spotlights... :(

It didn't seem right to bring up my only contribution to this board, especially since there wasn't really another March release worth mentioning (next year will be easy with the FF4). I was hoping for OB64 this month as well. It's been three years since I've seen my 64, and with my sister entering grad school it may be three more before I get my hands on the game again.

Next month is going to be much harder, three of the best rapid button games (Punch-Out, Star-Fox and Fantasy Zone) are going against five of the best sidescrollers ever created (Castlevania, River City Ransom, Legend of Mystical Ninja, Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle, and Bonk's Revenge).

I think you should notify guest writers ahead of time too, it was hard to write without spoiling half the game (I nearly did if you notice) but the video you found actually shows off the game without spoiling a thing. I was impressed, that video was totally how the game feels like to play.

Oh well...my movie gallery is liquidating, which game should I aim to own first. TvC, Tales of Symphonia II, Chocobo's Dungeon III, or Trauma Center New Blood? If any of them are under 10 it'll be no question. Other suggestions are welcome, they never got Muramasa or Klonoa and I'm not interested in NMH2 or Nintendo titles I don't already own. I might add Spectrobes Wii if it's under 10 as well, the game doesn't seem as bad as the DS titles and they already got rid of anything older than Okami for PS2 so most anything on another console wouldn't amuse me....thanks in advance.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JordanElek

I think you should notify guest writers ahead of time too, it was hard to write without spoiling half the game (I nearly did if you notice) but the video you found actually shows off the game without spoiling a thing. I was impressed, that video was totally how the game feels like to play.SirSpudly
Yeah, I didn't even know what game I was going to choose until about ten minutes before I PMed you. But I'm glad that video is a good representation of the game, since I just kind of picked it at random because it seemed to have the most variety in it. I've never played the game before. :o
Oh well...my movie gallery is liquidating, which game should I aim to own first. TvC, Tales of Symphonia II, Chocobo's Dungeon III, or Trauma Center New Blood? If any of them are under 10 it'll be no question.SirSpudly
I'd go with New Blood. It's $15 at Newegg right now.

cloud345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cloud345
Member since 2006 • 1933 Posts
Im stuck, which has more replay value NMH 1, Mario Galaxy, or Okami. Can only get one.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 JordanElek

Im stuck, which has more replay value NMH 1, Mario Galaxy, or Okami. Can only get one. cloud345
NMH and Galaxy both warrant at least one extra playthrough, but a single playthrough of Okami will take you longer than two of either of those games. Okami also has the most optional extra stuff to do. If you're looking purely for length, Okami wins out of those three by far (30-40 hours minimum).

Galaxy is probably the one that lends itself most to future play, though. It's one of those games that, even after you've beaten it 100%, you'll probably want to come back to eventually because it's so fun.

You really can't go wrong with either Galaxy or Okami. NMH is a decent game, but it has its issues and is a love/hate game.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#84 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Im stuck, which has more replay value NMH 1, Mario Galaxy, or Okami. Can only get one. cloud345
Mario Galaxy 2 has about 20 hours worth of collecting all the stars the first time around. You can go back any replay the levels any time you want, and it's my most favorite wii game out. Okami took me over 40 hours to beat and has mass numbers sidequests, including orb collecting, fishing, weapon collecting, mini dungeons, etc. Can't go wrong with either one, both are phenomenal.
Meinhard_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Meinhard_X
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I should preorder the new Super Mario Galaxy when I get the chance...
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I should preorder the new Super Mario Galaxy when I get the chance...Meinhard_X
yeah you should.
toddH_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 toddH_basic
Member since 2002 • 469 Posts

Ok. Here goes.

I have 1,000 points, no classic or gamecube controller (I know, It's a shame)

What should I get?

(I already have Zelda (NES), Metroid (NES), Punch Out (NES) and World of Goo.)

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

You could pickup Mario Galaxy or Okami WITH No More Heroes as NMH I see everywhere for like $8 now. I might go with Okami as at least for me it was really tough to get a copy. Your gonna win either way, I own all 3 and MG and Okami are both excellent. NMH I really enjoyed at the start but I kinda lost interest and stoped playing 3/4 through.

Ok. Here goes.

What should I get?

toddH_basic

Easy, instead of getting a game purchase at least get a classic controller. Your missing way too much not having one.

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#89 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts
[QUOTE="Meinhard_X"]I'm trying to decide if I should preorder the new Super Mario Galaxy when I get the chance...Meinhard1
yeah you should.

*Looks at both posts* Wait...what? o_o
inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 inflammable01

Ok. Here goes.

What should I get?

toddH_basic
Streets of Rage 2 or 3, or River City Ransom & Bubble Bobble (500 pts each).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="Meinhard_X"]I'm trying to decide if I should preorder the new Super Mario Galaxy when I get the chance...dtno132
yeah you should.

They probably mean SMG 2 lol :P I was wondering are No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 worth picking up?
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 LegatoSkyheart

Ok. Here goes.

What should I get?

toddH_basic

Castlevania Rondo of Blood.

You don't need a Classic Controller to play that game and it's amazing!

dtno132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93 dtno132
Member since 2008 • 1662 Posts

[QUOTE="dtno132"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"] yeah you should.MarioGirl64

They probably mean SMG 2 lol :P I was wondering are No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 worth picking up?

NMH is pretty amazing. The story, gameplay, and nonsense humor make the game great.

As for NMH2, if you liked the first one you'd probably like this one too.The story and ending weren't as witty in the second one, and it kind of felt like a downgrade to me.

But yeah, both are great, you should get them. :D

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

[QUOTE="dtno132"][QUOTE="Meinhard1"] yeah you should.MarioGirl64

he means their usernames

Lox_Cropek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#95 Lox_Cropek
Member since 2008 • 3555 Posts

Which game should i buy first: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or Resident Evil 4?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Which game should i buy first: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or Resident Evil 4?

Lox_Cropek
Tough decision, all amazing. I'd say Zelda because it's the longest. Took me around 60 hours to clear it. But get all 3 if you can, either now or in the future.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

Lox_Cropek

I think you should get super mario galaxy first. This game was the most fun for me out of those 3 choices.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

Lox_Cropek

Zelda. By the time you finish it it'll be about time to get monster hunter, if you haven't pre-ordered it already.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Hey all, i'll be out of a job tommorow, good news is i'll get a solid $81 for my final cheque. since it may be awhile before i find a new job in the current job market, i would like someone to reccomend a nice, action orented game that will take plenty of time to compleate and provide a veritable TON of replay value. i prefer single player games over Multiplayer titles
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LegatoSkyheart

Hey all, i'll be out of a job tommorow, good news is i'll get a solid $81 for my final cheque. since it may be awhile before i find a new job in the current job market, i would like someone to reccomend a nice, action orented game that will take plenty of time to compleate and provide a veritable TON of replay value. i prefer single player games over Multiplayer titlesdarkspineslayer

you could hunt for Metroid Prime Trilogy or buy some Vitrual Console Game or Wii Ware Games.

or Super Mario Galaxy or Zelda or Punchout.