Wii Game Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

any good wiiware games under 800 wii points?

Regent192
800 is tough.i guess you cant go wrong with bit trip runners if you tested the demos.Also theres ffiv the after years.And overturn with online and local co op.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#202 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Would anyone recomend Tatsunoko VS Capcom? Little Kings Story? Murumasa the demon blade?Zack and wiki?Thanks :)

MarioGirl64

Zack and wiki rocks. It was worth the $40 brand new, and I am sure it is cheaper now. I wish I hadn't traded it or warioware, those still are some of the best games the Wii has to offer despite being 3 years old.

35th_shields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 35th_shields
Member since 2010 • 141 Posts

I posed this in the main forum, but it got locked.

"So, I've been using my roommates Wii for the past two years. I'm moving out in a few weeks, which means no more Wii for me. I've decided to buy a Wii (that I can call my own) with some extra money I just got from graduating college. I decided to get the black Wii with Sports Resort. I also know that for sure I am getting Monster Hunter Tri, an extra controller, and the new classic controller. What other games are good choices for the Wii? I'm definately looking at Mario Kart, as well as Endless Ocean, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, and Metroid.

Red Steel 2 and No More Heroes 2 look like similar games. Which one is the better buy? I'm kinda leaning towards Red Steel because it has gunplay as well as sword play. How is Endless Ocean? Is Metroid Corruption worth it if I've already played (and loved) the first Prime? Are there any other "must-own" games on Wii? I'm sort of neglecting Mario Galaxy because I've never really been much of a Mario fan, and the little bit I've played of SMG1 I didn't really care for.

Are there any other must have Wii accessories I'm leaving off the list?

Also, is there any other way to transfer my Mii character from my roommates Wii to my own without the SD card? What about my existing game data?

Thanks a lot, everyone. I've been a Nintendo supporter since N64, and this gen should be no different. I'm looking forward to being a new Wii owner."

jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#204 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts

I posed this in the main forum, but it got locked.

"So, I've been using my roommates Wii for the past two years. I'm moving out in a few weeks, which means no more Wii for me. I've decided to buy a Wii (that I can call my own) with some extra money I just got from graduating college. I decided to get the black Wii with Sports Resort. I also know that for sure I am getting Monster Hunter Tri, an extra controller, and the new classic controller. What other games are good choices for the Wii? I'm definately looking at Mario Kart, as well as Endless Ocean, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, and Metroid.

Red Steel 2 and No More Heroes 2 look like similar games. Which one is the better buy? I'm kinda leaning towards Red Steel because it has gunplay as well as sword play. How is Endless Ocean? Is Metroid Corruption worth it if I've already played (and loved) the first Prime? Are there any other "must-own" games on Wii? I'm sort of neglecting Mario Galaxy because I've never really been much of a Mario fan, and the little bit I've played of SMG1 I didn't really care for.

Are there any other must have Wii accessories I'm leaving off the list?

Also, is there any other way to transfer my Mii character from my roommates Wii to my own without the SD card? What about my existing game data?

Thanks a lot, everyone. I've been a Nintendo supporter since N64, and this gen should be no different. I'm looking forward to being a new Wii owner."

35th_shields
Definitely would suggest No More Heroes, of course if you haven't played the first one, I would go with that first..VERY memorable game. Didn't play Red Steel 2 but I did play and beat the first, which the sequel is supposed to be a lot better than the original. If you prefer a FPS with sword fights, go with Red Steel. If you want a quirky and interesting although a tad bit repetitive (then again, what game isnt?) then I would most definitely suggest No More Heroes
jriddle89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205 jriddle89
Member since 2004 • 1209 Posts

Sorry for double post, but Okami or No More Heroes 2?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Sorry for double post, but Okami or No More Heroes 2?

jriddle89

Very different games, but I'd say Okami is the better choice. NMH2 is fun for what it is, but it still has some annoying flaws and missed potential. Okami is a great adventure game, though, and it'll last you a really long time, much longer than NMH2.

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

any good wiiware games under 800 wii points?

intro94

800 is tough.i guess you cant go wrong with bit trip runners if you tested the demos.Also theres ffiv the after years.And overturn with online and local co op.

looks like I'll have to get more wii points *sigh*

The-Mosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#208 The-Mosher
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Hello everyone,

I just go my Wii on Monday and its a nice experience so far. I was wondering if you guys could recommened me some great games for it. The genre's I like a shooters (doesn't matter which type), racers, fighters, and RPG's.

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

Hello everyone,

I just go my Wii on Monday and its a nice experience so far. I was wondering if you guys could recommened me some great games for it. The genre's I like a shooters (doesn't matter which type), racers, fighters, and RPG's.

The-Mosher

A goord racing game would be Mario Kart Wii, and a good fighting game would be Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Hey guys, I am buying a Wii most likely (still thinking, as this will be the second one I buy) I was wondering what games are HONESTLY worth buying. If you think they are but are not sure if MOST people would like the game then say so please. I already know I am buying:

1) Mario Galaxy 1 (is it worth buying 1 if I buy 2?)

2) Mario Galaxy 2

3) Smash Bros Brawl

4) Metroid Prime Trilogy

5) Wario Ware (if I can find it)

6) Twilight Princess (even though I could buy it on the gamecube)

Strongly Considering:

1) New Super Mario Brothers

2) Monster Hunter tri

3) Super Paper Mario

4) Okami (again I could buy it for PS2)

Sort of considering:

1) Tatsunoko VS Capcom

2) Little Kings Story

3) Mad World

4) Marumasa: Demon Blade

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I don't see why you shouldn't get Galaxy 1, double the awesomeness. :P

I'd just stick with the Wii version of TP. The rest of your top 6 look good though; haven't played Wario Ware though.

I'd also strongly recommend NSMBW, Monster Hunter Tri and Okami. NSMBW is just your good ol classic 2D Mario with the bonus of playing with friends.Okami should be quite cheap if you can find it. Monster Hunter Tri has literally sucked endless hours out of my life. It's kind of a hit-or-miss game though, if you enjoy its style of gameplay, you'll be hooked. Also haven't played Super Paper Mario.

TvC is good if you like fighters. I'm not too big a fan of fighting games but I got it on impulse. It's pretty fun; but I haven't touched it in quite a while.

LKS definitely has a "kiddy" apperance and atmosphere to it. There's some fun gameplay in it though; reminds of my Pikmin. I actually haven't gotten around to finishing it; the game just hasn't seemed to want to motivate me to keep going.

Haven't played Madworld. It should be cheap right now if you're interested.

I've definitely heard good things about Muramasa. Haven't played it though.

Most of the these games I have and not much else so I can't really recommend anymore. I do have No More Heroes 1 and 2 though. If you're interested in Madworld, perhaps give these a try. These should also be cheap titles now.

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Eraphiron
Member since 2010 • 569 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Hey guys, I am buying a Wii most likely (still thinking, as this will be the second one I buy) I was wondering what games are HONESTLY worth buying. If you think they are but are not sure if MOST people would like the game then say so please. I already know I am buying:

2) Mario Galaxy 2

3) Smash Bros Brawl

4) Metroid Prime Trilogy

Strongly Considering:

2) Monster Hunter tri

3) Super Paper Mario

Sort of considering:

1) Tatsunoko VS Capcom

2) Little Kings Story

3) Mad World

You're top 6 of games you're sure to buy looks great, but you shouldn't play Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 close after each other, since they're kind of similair and you may get bored. Also, I didn't like Wario Ware much, since the singleplayer is extremely short and I like other party games like Wii Sports Resort more. Out of youre second list there are 3 games I think are really good: Monster Hunter Tri, NSMB Wii and Okami. I think MHT is the best (if u have online), I spend like 200 hours in it and I wasn't bored yet, but I stopped playing it because I got SMG2. Okami is also a really good game, if you like Zelda you should buy it. NSMB Wii is a very good 2D platformer, and the multi player works very well. Out of the third list I've only played Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and I can strongly recommend it. I think it's one of the best fighters on the Wii, and I've played countless hours playing with my brother. It's really good for local multi player. The online is pretty good too, but it is laggy sometimes.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Is starfox 64 worth the download? Does it control well?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

2) Mario Galaxy 2

3) Smash Bros Brawl

4) Metroid Prime Trilogy

Strongly Considering:

2) Monster Hunter tri

3) Super Paper Mario

Sort of considering:

1) Tatsunoko VS Capcom

2) Little Kings Story

3) Mad World

Eraphiron

You're top 6 of games you're sure to buy looks great, but you shouldn't play Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2 close after each other, since they're kind of similair and you may get bored. Also, I didn't like Wario Ware much, since the singleplayer is extremely short and I like other party games like Wii Sports Resort more. Out of youre second list there are 3 games I think are really good: Monster Hunter Tri, NSMB Wii and Okami. I think MHT is the best (if u have online), I spend like 200 hours in it and I wasn't bored yet, but I stopped playing it because I got SMG2. Okami is also a really good game, if you like Zelda you should buy it. NSMB Wii is a very good 2D platformer, and the multi player works very well. Out of the third list I've only played Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and I can strongly recommend it. I think it's one of the best fighters on the Wii, and I've played countless hours playing with my brother. It's really good for local multi player. The online is pretty good too, but it is laggy sometimes.

Thanks for the advice! So is super paper mario not that great, or have you not played it? And what does Monster Hunter play most like? Looks great but I am not sure I should get it with the bundle or not.

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Eraphiron

@ Naveed

Oh I forgot about Super Paper Mario, I think it's a pretty good game, but a bit of a letdown after the other Paper Marios. But it is still a good game and the story is also pretty good. (nothing really special but better than most Mario games) Monster Hunter is really a hard game to describe, but it plays most like a serie of boss fights. You have too fight them a few times to get their armor, so if you hate grinding this game isn't for you. If you ever played a MMO, you know how addicting it can be. This game is also very addicting. Maybe you should look up some gameplay videos or reviews, because I'm not that good at describing it. But I strongly recommend that you buy the bundle with the Classic Controller Pro ( if you don't have one already) because I think the controls with the Wii Remote are pretty bad. But some people like the motion controls so it's just a matter of opinion.

jordanzere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 jordanzere
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Okay, well I like adventure games that tend to have open-world levels. I was really looking forward to the new banjo kazooie that come out on the Xbox, but that turned out to be awful... An adventure game full of missions like Zelda, or Donkey Kong 64. Super mario galaxy is a game i enjoyed also. Thank you ! i posted this as a seperate thread; i didn't think you were allowed to ask for recommendations on the basis of preferences etc in this thread. sorry !
Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Eraphiron
Okay, well I like adventure games that tend to have open-world levels. I was really looking forward to the new banjo kazooie that come out on the Xbox, but that turned out to be awful... An adventure game full of missions like Zelda, or Donkey Kong 64. Super mario galaxy is a game i enjoyed also. Thank you ! i posted this as a seperate thread; i didn't think you were allowed to ask for recommendations on the basis of preferences etc in this thread. sorry !jordanzere
So, you already have Zelda: Twilight Princess? If not, you should buy it. There is also Super Mario Galaxy 2, so if you liked Super Mario Galaxy it's the perfect game for you. And I would also strongly recommend Okami, it plays a lot like Zelda and has a lot of open-world levels. You should look up some gameplay videos of it, because it has a rather strange art-style, and maybe you don't like it.
RE4WiiGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 RE4WiiGirl
Member since 2007 • 1144 Posts

Are there any GOOD fishing games on the Wii, or do you know of any that are coming out soon?
No I am not talking about mini-games like in Wii Play and Zelda, im talking about games that are only about Fishing.

If you have the game, rate it

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#219 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Strongly Considering:

2) Monster Hunter tri

3) Super Paper Mario

Sort of considering:

1) Tatsunoko VS Capcom

2) Little Kings Story

3) Mad World

NaveedLife

If I were you I would move Little King's Story out of the "Sort of considering" list. I think it is one of the best games in the system. The list of games you are strongly considering is fantastic, all of them are excellent titles.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Strongly Considering:

2) Monster Hunter tri

3) Super Paper Mario

Sort of considering:

1) Tatsunoko VS Capcom

2) Little Kings Story

3) Mad World

Pierst179

If I were you I would move Little King's Story out of the "Sort of considering" list. I think it is one of the best games in the system. The list of games you are strongly considering is fantastic, all of them are excellent titles.

Thanks for the advice. How exactly does LKS play? I read its an RTS, adventure, RPG game lol. Kinda confused. Who do I control and what do I do?

Oh and to anyone who has played Monster Hunter Tri AND Demon's Souls (PS3), is MH3 as hard and annoying to play? I like a challenge no doubt, but the way Demons Souls went about it just got me frustrated rather then motivated. That takes a lot for me, seriously.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#221 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Perfect.. just what I'm looking for! I just purchased a Nintendo Wii and it's on its way. ;)
Game_Master359

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#222 Game_Master359
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

I've really been wanting a reason to play my wii again and i did with super mario galaxy 2 but looking for more. my bro's 360 is broke and can't play really any shooters any more. any shooters recommended? i don't wanna play metroid prime because i haven't played the first two and can't find the trilogy anywhere also rated m games are out of the question since my parents are very much on the scene about language. also and i own no shooters on the wii.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

I've really been wanting a reason to play my wii again and i did with super mario galaxy 2 but looking for more. my bro's 360 is broke and can't play really any shooters any more. any shooters recommended? i don't wanna play metroid prime because i haven't played the first two and can't find the trilogy anywhere also rated m games are out of the question since my parents are very much on the scene about language. also and i own no shooters on the wii.

Game_Master359

In World at War you can take out the language and blood. Another choice is Medal of Honor Heroes 2, it's rated T. The Conduit is another choice, but the online is laggy.

porkysownu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 porkysownu
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts

is "dragonballz budokai tenkaichi 3" wii version a good port?

Eraphiron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Eraphiron

porkysownu
Yes, the controls work very well. I think it's better than the PS2 version.
Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

I plan on getting a Wii soon and i recently made a list of must-buy Wii games. Now i was in a hurry so i wrote them in abbreviated forms. Now i don't remember their names. Please help me ''decode'' them ( :D )

LW

LCBT

TWTO

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I plan on getting a Wii soon and i recently made a list of must-buy Wii games. Now i was in a hurry so i wrote them in abbreviated forms. Now i don't remember their names. Please help me ''decode'' them ( :D )

LW

LCBT

TWTO

phoenix-serpent

LW-Lost Winds

LCBT- Link's Crossbow Training

TWTO-Tiger Woods ???

These are my guesses they might or might not be the games you are looking for.

Avatar image for phoenix-serpent
phoenix-serpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 phoenix-serpent
Member since 2008 • 654 Posts

[QUOTE="phoenix-serpent"]

LW

LCBT

TWTO

vguy555

LW-Lost Winds

LCBT- Link's Crossbow Training

TWTO-Tiger Woods ???

These are my guesses they might or might not be the games you are looking for.

you sir, AaG. what does that mean again. oh ''Are a genius''
wintermute0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 wintermute0
Member since 2010 • 302 Posts

I just spent most of my paycheck on a Wii, pretty much an impluse buy. I'm wondering what games I should get for it. I'm interested in JRPGS, adventure games, space sims, and whatnot... just not first-person shooters. Anyone have any recomendations?

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#233 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

Are there any GOOD fishing games on the Wii, or do you know of any that are coming out soon?
No I am not talking about mini-games like in Wii Play and Zelda, im talking about games that are only about Fishing.

If you have the game, rate it

RE4WiiGirl

Fishing Master World Tour

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
You forgot to put Call of Duty:World at War for the shooters section.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 NaveedLife

Well I guess it is official, I am buying a Wii (again) since I just bought Metroid Prime Trilogy new online, for under 75 (but I had a 20 dollar promo). Good deal ya think? I figured it was worth it as the seller had amazing reviews and the cheapest price available. Hmmm now I have to figure out if I want MH3 or SMG1.

LCS2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#236 LCS2008
Member since 2010 • 101 Posts

SMG 2, need for speed : undercover and Smash Bros. Brawl.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

porkysownu

One of, possibly the best. Let me ask you this. Can you kamehameha, like literally kamehameha with a ps2 controller?--NO!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#238 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Ok guys I have a Question and I need an answer.

I have 1000 Wii Points and I want to know what would be the better purchase?

1. Donkey Kong NES and Castlevania NES.
  2. PacMan/Mrs. Pacman NES and another NES game
  3. Max and The Magic Marker
  4. Lost Winds 2
  5. Blaster Master Overdrive
  6. Dr. Mario RX
  7. Punch-Out and Another NES game
  8. F-Zero X
  9. Paper Mario
  10. Super Mario RPG
  11. F-Zero SNES
  12. Final Fantasy 2(4) (I also have the sequel, should I get 4 just to get caught up with The After Years?)
  13. Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
  14. Castlevania IV
  15. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
  16. EarthWorm Jim 2 (I have Earthworm Jim)
  17. Musha
  18. Shining Force (1 or 2 or In the Darkness?)
  19. Revenge of Shinobi
  20. Vectorman
  21. Jett Rocket
  22. Bit.Trip.Runner
  23. Excitebike: World Rally
  24. Mr. Driller W
  25. Bit. Trip. Core
  26. Bit. Trip. Beat
  27. Bit. Trip. Void
  28. Bust-a-Move Plus
  29. Bubble Bobble Plus
  30. LIT
  31. Toki Tori
  32. or Just Save the 1000 points for Monday

What do you guy's Recommend from the List that I have put up that are worthy of my Points?

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Paper Mario!

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I have: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Super Mario Galaxy Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Super Mario Bros Metroid Prime Trilogy House of the Dead: Overkill Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Madworld Super Smash Bros Brawl I have tried playing and I DO NOT like the following games due to various reasons: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition The Conduit Red Steel 1 Zack and Wiki Would you guys recommend anything else? Thank you in advance.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#241 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I have: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Super Mario Galaxy Super Mario Galaxy 2 New Super Mario Bros Metroid Prime Trilogy House of the Dead: Overkill Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Madworld Super Smash Bros Brawl I have tried playing and I DO NOT like the following games due to various reasons: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition The Conduit Red Steel 1 Zack and Wiki Would you guys recommend anything else? Thank you in advance.Elian2530

I recommend Monster Hunter, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Metal Slug Anthology, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Warioware Smooth Moves (if you're lucky) and Guilty Gear Accent Core.

Avatar image for Atheos-Arkhaios
Atheos-Arkhaios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#242 Atheos-Arkhaios
Member since 2008 • 880 Posts

I need a new Wii game for my girlfriend! Her favorite games are Darksiders (ps3), Zelda: Twilight Princess, and the Silent Hill games. Out of those, anything mostly resembling the first two should be great. Thanks!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 NaveedLife

I need a new Wii game for my girlfriend! Her favorite games are Darksiders (ps3), Zelda: Twilight Princess, and the Silent Hill games. Out of those, anything mostly resembling the first two should be great. Thanks!

Atheos-Arkhaios

Okami I hear is very good and like zelda.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

[QUOTE="Atheos-Arkhaios"]

NaveedLife

Okami I hear is very good and like zelda.

Okami would be a great bet. It has many similarities to Zelda and I feel it surpass Twilight Princess in many ways. You should be able to find it cheap these day to.
smchacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#245 smchacko
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

Hello,

I saw these two games (brand new) at $20 each: De Blob and The House of the Dead Overkill

are these worth getting for the price?

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#246 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

Hello,

I saw these two games (brand new) at $20 each: De Blob and The House of the Dead Overkill

are these worth getting for the price?

smchacko

Yep

Gamecubeftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Gamecubeftw
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm getting a Wii and these are the games I plan to buy (not all at once, maybe one or two at a time.)

Oh, and this is in no particular order by the way.

De Blob

WarioLand: Shake It!

Rabbids Go Home

Super Paper Mario

Mario Kart Wii

Okami

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Metroid Prime Trilogy

WarioWare: Smooth Moves

Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

A Boy and His Blob

Are any of these games bad? Am i forgetting any games that I should add? (I'm buying the bundle pack, so I will have Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, just didn't feel I needed to add these to the list.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Are any of these games bad? Am i forgetting any games that I should add?Gamecubeftw
None of them are bad, though some might be less than you expect (like maybe Rabbids and Super Paper Mario). You might also want to look into Red Steel 2 since you'll have Motion Plus with the bundle. It's the best use of the peripheral available.

halfmask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#249 halfmask
Member since 2010 • 240 Posts

Can somebody recommend me some games?

Some games/series I like are Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, A Boy and His Blob, SSBB, and Okami. I think Mario's okay, but after playing Super Mario Sunshine, I'm hesitant to play the Galaxy series (because I found Sunshine to be a little yawn-inducing.)

I think the way Fire Emblem works might be my fave out of any game I've played. Turn-based RPG, is it? Any recommendations in that genre, or similar games? Action/Adventure is another fave of mine.

Also, is Tales of Symphonia for Wii worth playing (I found it on sale for $15)? I haven't played any other titles from that series.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#250 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="halfmask"]

Can somebody recommend me some games?

Some games/series I like are Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, A Boy and His Blob, SSBB, and Okami. I think Mario's okay, but after playing Super Mario Sunshine, I'm hesitant to play the Galaxy series (because I found Sunshine to be a little yawn-inducing.)

I think the way Fire Emblem works might be my fave out of any game I've played. Turn-based RPG, is it? Any recommendations in that genre, or similar games? Action/Adventure is another fave of mine.

Also, is Tales of Symphonia for Wii worth playing (I found it on sale for $15)? I haven't played any other titles from that series.

Galaxy is an improvement over sunshine in every single way possible, and not just a Gamecube-to-Wii scale. No F.L.U.D.D, no blue coins, camera is a total complete blessing in smg and smg2 compared to sunshine. Super Mario Galaxy and SMG2 are the best Wii / Nintendo games in the last...at least in the last 5 years. It's a worth getting a Wii just for the 2 Mario Galaxy games.