Wii Game Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#251 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Can somebody recommend me some games?

Some games/series I like are Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, A Boy and His Blob, SSBB, and Okami. I think Mario's okay, but after playing Super Mario Sunshine, I'm hesitant to play the Galaxy series (because I found Sunshine to be a little yawn-inducing.)

I think the way Fire Emblem works might be my fave out of any game I've played. Turn-based RPG, is it? Any recommendations in that genre, or similar games? Action/Adventure is another fave of mine.

Also, is Tales of Symphonia for Wii worth playing (I found it on sale for $15)? I haven't played any other titles from that series.

halfmask
Sunshine is the only Mario game to really stray from the series. The concept of "washing away the dirt" world was a really lame concept, imho. Super Mario Galaxy is completely different. SMG is a must have, and SMG2 is even better.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Can somebody recommend me some games?

Some games/series I like are Zelda, Metroid, Fire Emblem, A Boy and His Blob, SSBB, and Okami. I think Mario's okay, but after playing Super Mario Sunshine, I'm hesitant to play the Galaxy series (because I found Sunshine to be a little yawn-inducing.)

I think the way Fire Emblem works might be my fave out of any game I've played. Turn-based RPG, is it? Any recommendations in that genre, or similar games? Action/Adventure is another fave of mine.

Also, is Tales of Symphonia for Wii worth playing (I found it on sale for $15)? I haven't played any other titles from that series.

halfmask

I would like to know some fans opinions on ToS2 as well. I absolutely loved the first one on the gamecube, but after seeing the reviews of this one I am skeptical. I wish Tales of Graces would make its way to NA :(.

smchacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#253 smchacko
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

do you think this is a good deal?

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Link's Crossbow Training (game+zapper)

for $45

thanks

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#254 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Can someone recommend me some must have WiiWare and Virtual Console games? I was planning on getting Lost Winds and World of Goo on WiiWare and Majora's Mask, Rondo of Blood, Super Metroid and Sin and Punishment on the VC. I've heard good things about FF My Life as King but is it really worth it? Same goes for Ogre Battle 64, is it a must have? At the moment I've got about 3700 Wii points but I plan on getting one or two more cards for some more games. Also are the games on the first page really must haves? I'm not a fan of Megaman and I've never played the past games but if it's really good then I'll give it a try. Thanks :)
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#255 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
Can someone recommend me some must have WiiWare and Virtual Console games? I was planning on getting Lost Winds and World of Goo on WiiWare and Majora's Mask, Rondo of Blood, Super Metroid and Sin and Punishment on the VC. ... Also are the games on the first page really must haves?Kenny789
Not really. It's pretty hard to pick which WiiWare games to highlight since people rarely talk about them in the forums. Those are just the ones that were recommended the most when I asked people awhile back. All of the games you mentioned are great, though Sin and Punishment comes with the caveat of annoying controls. You can get used to them, but it's frustrating. In all honesty, you should just get the new one. It's better in every way.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Kenny789
[QUOTE="Kenny789"]Can someone recommend me some must have WiiWare and Virtual Console games? I was planning on getting Lost Winds and World of Goo on WiiWare and Majora's Mask, Rondo of Blood, Super Metroid and Sin and Punishment on the VC. ... Also are the games on the first page really must haves?JordanElek
Not really. It's pretty hard to pick which WiiWare games to highlight since people rarely talk about them in the forums. Those are just the ones that were recommended the most when I asked people awhile back. All of the games you mentioned are great, though Sin and Punishment comes with the caveat of annoying controls. You can get used to them, but it's frustrating. In all honesty, you should just get the new one. It's better in every way.

Thanks Jordan :) Guess I'll skip Sin and Punishment. How about the other games I plan on getting? Would you say they are worth it?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 JordanElek
[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="Kenny789"]Can someone recommend me some must have WiiWare and Virtual Console games? I was planning on getting Lost Winds and World of Goo on WiiWare and Majora's Mask, Rondo of Blood, Super Metroid and Sin and Punishment on the VC. ... Also are the games on the first page really must haves?Kenny789

Thanks Jordan :) Guess I'll skip Sin and Punishment. How about the other games I plan on getting? Would you say they are worth it?

Yep, all of them. I don't know about My Life as King or Ogre Battle 64, though. Never played the former and it's been years since I played the latter. From what I remember, though, Ogre Battle is a good game, especially if you like strategy RPGs.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#258 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

alright, i'm getting the wii this week and i can't decide what games to buy, i like shooters but i also like rpg's and platformers, what are some recommendations?

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Kenny789
[QUOTE="JordanElek"] Yep, all of them. I don't know about My Life as King or Ogre Battle 64, though. Never played the former and it's been years since I played the latter. From what I remember, though, Ogre Battle is a good game, especially if you like strategy RPGs.

Thanks again Jordan :D I think I'll skip My Life as King and Ogre Battle 64 for now. I'm sure the others will keep me occupied for a long time. Not to mention, I'm running out of points again :P
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

alright, i'm getting the wii this week and i can't decide what games to buy, i like shooters but i also like rpg's and platformers, what are some recommendations?

mlbslugger86

Metroid Prime Trilogy, SMG/SMG2, NSMB, SSB Brawl, and umm... not really sure about rpgs on the wii :-/

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#261 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

mlbslugger86

Monster Hunter 3 would be a good purchase if you like action packed RPGs.

sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

In the market for a Wii game and think I have narrowed it down to several options

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Little King Story

Okami

Of those 3 which would be the best to go with. I am looking for something with some action and woudl also consider any other recommendations.

Thanks,

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#263 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

In the market for a Wii game and think I have narrowed it down to several options

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Little King Story

Okami

Of those 3 which would be the best to go with. I am looking for something with some action and woudl also consider any other recommendations.

Thanks,

sinsalaca

The best out of those 3 would definitely be Super Mario Galaxy

afrodudeman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#264 afrodudeman123
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts

thanks for the update i might turn my wii on for the first time in months

Danizol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Danizol
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i think you did a really good job =]
knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Little King Story

Okami

Thanks,

sinsalaca

Okami is one of my all-time favourites. I can't not recommend it.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

What do I buy first, Mario Galaxy 1 or Galaxy 2 (I played a decent amount of 1 but don't really remember it, bought it at launch)?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#268 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

What do I buy first, Mario Galaxy 1 or Galaxy 2 (I played a decent amount of 1 but don't really remember it, bought it at launch)?

NaveedLife
1 then 2.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

What are some good online multi-player titles (besides Monster Hunter Tri)?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 JordanElek

jasonharris48

It depends on what you're looking for, but these are most of the best ones.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

JordanElek

It depends on what you're looking for, but these are most of the best ones.

Thank you

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

is medal of honor 2 worth getting?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 JordanElek

Regent192
If you can find it for cheap, it has a pretty fun single-player campaign with great controls (even though some parts of the game aren't so fun). The multiplayer was good for when it first came out, but Modern Warfare Reflex destroys it now, so don't even consider MoH if you're looking for multiplayer.
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Regent192

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

JordanElek

If you can find it for cheap, it has a pretty fun single-player campaign with great controls (even though some parts of the game aren't so fun). The multiplayer was good for when it first came out, but Modern Warfare Reflex destroys it now, so don't even consider MoH if you're looking for multiplayer.

and I just rented reflex........

thanks

MRBUCKMASTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 MRBUCKMASTER
Member since 2010 • 758 Posts
Should I Get Metriod Prime Trilogy Or Wait For Metroid Other M????
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 vguy555

Should I Get Metriod Prime Trilogy Or Wait For Metroid Other M???? MRBUCKMASTER
I think you should definitely get Metroid Prime Trilogy, but you might have a hard time finding it in stores

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Regent192

anyone know any good games that are cheap right now?

Calilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Calilis
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

hi guys, I have a Wii and would like some game recommendations for family-friendly multiplayer games, and good games for little kids in general (please bear in mind that, being a foreigner, my kids don't speak English; in fact, my eldest has just learned to read...). We're big fans of Wii sports bowling, Wii play, FIFA soccer world cup, NSMBW and SSBB. What should I get? Sports Resort? WW Smooth Moves? Rayman? Tetris party? punch-out?

are games like Zack & Wiki, boy & his blob and LKS too text-heavy?

also, other than the sports titles, are there any wii multiplayer games that use two nunchucks?

thanks very much!

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#280 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Metroid Prime Trilogy, or Metroid Other M? Its hard to choose..

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 vguy555

hi guys, I have a Wii and would like some game recommendations for family-friendly multiplayer games, and good games for little kids in general (please bear in mind that, being a foreigner, my kids don't speak English; in fact, my eldest has just learned to read...). We're big fans of Wii sports bowling, Wii play, FIFA soccer world cup, NSMBW and SSBB. What should I get? Sports Resort? WW Smooth Moves? Rayman? Tetris party? punch-out?

are games like Zack & Wiki, boy & his blob and LKS too text-heavy?

also, other than the sports titles, are there any wii multiplayer games that use two nunchucks?

thanks very much!

Calilis

Maybe you can get Mario Kart Wii

MotoChamp2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 MotoChamp2010
red steel 2 is fun but would look better if everything wasn't outlined with black lines, it just looks weird
MotoChamp2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 MotoChamp2010
You should get Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports Resort, or Wii Fit. All the other games you listed are good too.
Calilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Calilis
thanks everyone for the tips! I was really looking forward to LEGO Harry Potter, since my eldest is a big fan of the series. Are the reported glitches that much of an annoyance? I see many people recommending the title as "the best lego game avaliable"... How about Boom Blox Smash Party? We already have MKW, but the controls are a tad difficult for my 6-year-old... And while we are on the subject of chilndren's games, how about some kid-friendly gamecube titles? What would you consider the best Mario Party game of either console (cg/wii)?
Calilis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Calilis
I have CG controllers and memory card, I use them to play f-zero gx... I ask this because of the mario party games. Apparently, Wii's Mario Party 8 hasn't really delivered, and I wonder if the GC vesions are better (my girl loves Mario Party 2, we play it in Project64...) The glitches in LHP seem to be more frequent in two-player games, too bad... Maybe I'll try LSW then... thanks for the tips! (how about boom bloxs, zack & wiki and little king's adventure? too hard? too text-heavy?)
ybother10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 ybother10
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts
witch should i get super mario galaxy or number two
swguy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 swguy123
Member since 2010 • 401 Posts

I am looking for a game with good swordplay. Something like the new Zelda or something in first peson? It would be cool if it uses WM+ but if it controls good without it it is ok too.

swguy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 swguy123
Member since 2010 • 401 Posts

witch should i get super mario galaxy or number twoybother10

Both. Get the first one first and then the second.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 JordanElek

I am looking for a game with good swordplay. Something like the new Zelda or something in first peson? It would be cool if it uses WM+ but if it controls good without it it is ok too.

swguy123

Red Steel 2 is pretty much the only quality sword game, besides the swordplay section of Wii Sports Resort.

RS2 has the funnest motion controls of any game I've played, and the pacing of the game keeps it pretty fresh throughout the entire campaign. There are problems, of course, but the game is pretty much as fun as you want to make it. You could just hack and slash your way through, but if you actually employ a good balance of the (awesome) techniques you learn, it's a really fun experience.

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Regent192

I want to get monster hunter tri

should I get it ASAP, wait untill the price drops,

or get another game?

ybother10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 ybother10
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

or get another game?

Regent192
id wait till price drops
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Regent192

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

or get another game?

ybother10

id wait till price drops

have u played it?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 JordanElek

or get another game?

Regent192

Depends on how much you want it. There's a TON of content in it, so if you like that type of game, MH3 will be well worth full price. But it's kind of a love/hate game, so if you're on the fence.... it's hard for me to give a strong recommendation.

Do as much research as you can, read a bunch of reviews from metacritic or something, watch gameplay videos, etc. It's a quality game but only fun if you're into that kind of thing, so that's about as much help as any of us can be.

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Regent192

[QUOTE="Regent192"]

or get another game?

JordanElek

Depends on how much you want it. There's a TON of content in it, so if you like that type of game, MH3 will be well worth full price. But it's kind of a love/hate game, so if you're on the fence.... it's hard for me to give a strong recommendation.

Do as much research as you can, read a bunch of reviews from metacritic or something, watch gameplay videos, etc. It's a quality game but only fun if you're into that kind of thing, so that's about as much help as any of us can be.

hmmm.................

well I played NMH and I liked it (it was a love/hate game) so I guess I will like this

08ovie08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 08ovie08
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
I've never played a Metroid game before and after watching vids of Metroid Prime Corruption, I think it's the type of game that I will enjoy. Do reccomend this game, or do you think I should just wait for the release of Metroid Other M?
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 vguy555

I've never played a Metroid game before and after watching vids of Metroid Prime Corruption, I think it's the type of game that I will enjoy. Do reccomend this game, or do you think I should just wait for the release of Metroid Other M?08ovie08
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was the first Metroid game I've ever played and I loved it. I would definitely recommend it.

08ovie08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 08ovie08
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption was the first Metroid game I've ever played and I loved it. I would definitely recommend it.

vguy555
Did you understand the story even though you didn't play the first two prime games?