Wii Game Recommendation Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
Member since 2009 • 9489 Posts
[QUOTE="vguy555"]

[QUOTE="Lox_Cropek"]

Which game should i buy first: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or Resident Evil 4?

I think you should get super mario galaxy first. This game was the most fun for me out of those 3 choices.

Agreed^.
Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

Which game should i buy first: Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess or Resident Evil 4?

Lox_Cropek
You really can't go wrong here... just promise yourself that you'll get all thee eventually, if you don't you'll be doing yourself a huge discredit.
TheSmitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 TheSmitto
Member since 2008 • 1898 Posts

I think Red Steel 2 is well deserving of a spot in the top action games.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

TheSmitto
Yes it does.
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#105 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSmitto"]

JordanElek

Yes it does.

Just got this game and I can happily third this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5c59fdd7b3aa7
Member since 2009 • 9489 Posts
Is De Blob good?
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 JordanElek
Is De Blob good?MarioGirl64
Yes. It's one of the happiest games you'll ever play. There's a lot to it, too, but be prepared for long play sessions, around an hour or longer per level if you want to get 100%.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#108 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Oh. My gosh! I spent 4 hours playing it today. Now I can find new for $15 at my local Wal Mart. I paid a full retail price and totally got my money's worth. In fact I beat it my 2nd time through today. It's one of the most unique experiences available on Wii and I would buy its sequel without hesitation should they have another one for Wii.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I found it very boring :( Graphics and sound are top notch though!
arr1023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 arr1023
Member since 2006 • 458 Posts
hey guys, i'm looking to buy my sister a new game. right now she only has the new super mario bros but shes gottten tired of it. she onejoys it but also likes playing with her friends and our cousins. i sometimes play with her. what kind of games would you recommend? something she would enjoy and is also multiplayer? thanks in advance.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

hey guys, i'm looking to buy my sister a new game. right now she only has the new super mario bros but shes gottten tired of it. she onejoys it but also likes playing with her friends and our cousins. i sometimes play with her. what kind of games would you recommend? something she would enjoy and is also multiplayer? thanks in advance.arr1023
i think you should get Mario Kart Wii

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="arr1023"]hey guys, i'm looking to buy my sister a new game. right now she only has the new super mario bros but shes gottten tired of it. she onejoys it but also likes playing with her friends and our cousins. i sometimes play with her. what kind of games would you recommend? something she would enjoy and is also multiplayer? thanks in advance.vguy555
i think you should get Mario Kart Wii

Yup, definatley your best bet. Takes a long time to unlock all the karts/bikes, maps, and characters. Tons of characters to choose from and many of the girls favourites such as peach, baby peace, daisy, baby daisy, rosalina, toadette. It's enjoyable alone, with friends, and online. If you want to go all out you can get wheels that mount to your coffee table for $15 which make it that much more awesome.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

[QUOTE="JordanElek"][QUOTE="TheSmitto"]

AjaxNeron

Yes it does.

Just got this game and I can happily third this.

Agreed. Please update.

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jettpack

from what i hear, its GREAT

jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 jettpack

Im stuck, which has more replay value NMH 1, Mario Galaxy, or Okami. Can only get one. cloud345

get galaxy

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 JordanElek

[QUOTE="TheSmitto"]I think Red Steel 2 is well deserving of a spot in the top action games.jettpack
Agreed. Please update.

Done. I wanted to beat the game before writing the description.

Also, since I don't know if anyone even saw my stupid little April Fool's joke yesterday, I had Carnival Games as the monthly spotlight and wrote up a stupid description. I don't want it to go to waste, so here it is:

Carnival Games

As one of the best-selling games on one of the best-selling consoles of all time, Carnival Games is undeniably one of the best games ever. It utilizes the Havok physics engine, which also appears in such technically impressive games as Half-Life 2 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The character models are a perfect hybrid of Miis and real carnies, and customization features are nearly endless. Up to four players can play locally with the console itself, but up to eight players can play if you also own a carnival. In a brilliant gesture towards real carnival games, this game is priced at about 1000x its actual worth, but just like the real thing, the fun is in the experience, regardless of the price.

Gameplay footage

Original release date: August 28, 2007.

link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
Little King's Story, Red Steel 2, Sky Crawlers, or Punch Out
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 JordanElek
Little King's Story, Red Steel 2, Sky Crawlers, or Punch Outlink027
All but Sky Crawlers, get whatever's cheapest first.
MangaPicture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 MangaPicture
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

You need to add Muramasa to Adventure or to RPG in the OP.

Wario Land Shake it and Silent Hill:Shattered Memories also deserve to be mentioned, especially Silent Hill.

bbbbbbbb11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 bbbbbbbb11
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
wii roks
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 locopatho

[QUOTE="jettpack"][QUOTE="TheSmitto"]I think Red Steel 2 is well deserving of a spot in the top action games.JordanElek

Agreed. Please update.

Done. I wanted to beat the game before writing the description.

Also, since I don't know if anyone even saw my stupid little April Fool's joke yesterday, I had Carnival Games as the monthly spotlight and wrote up a stupid description. I don't want it to go to waste, so here it is:

Carnival Games

As one of the best-selling games on one of the best-selling consoles of all time, Carnival Games is undeniably one of the best games ever. It utilizes the Havok physics engine, which also appears in such technically impressive games as Half-Life 2 and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. The character models are a perfect hybrid of Miis and real carnies, and customization features are nearly endless. Up to four players can play locally with the console itself, but up to eight players can play if you also own a carnival. In a brilliant gesture towards real carnival games, this game is priced at about 1000x its actual worth, but just like the real thing, the fun is in the experience, regardless of the price.

Gameplay footage

Original release date: August 28, 2007.

Lol, saw that but couldn't say anything without getting modded. The part about best selling = best game is what got me :P

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 inflammable01
Member since 2007 • 1374 Posts
I'm really glad Excitebots is getting the spotlight. It really deserves it.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 locopatho
I'm really glad Excitebots is getting the spotlight. It really deserves it.inflammable01
Wish it was released here > . >
kikitube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#124 kikitube
Member since 2009 • 576 Posts

Nice thread

Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#125 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Is the New Super Mario Bros Gamecube Controller compatiable?

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 JordanElek

Is the New Super Mario Bros Gamecube Controller compatiable?

Calvin079
Nope, Wii-remote-only because of some tilt functions.
Calvin079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Calvin079
Member since 2008 • 16406 Posts

Does it require the Nunchuk as well, or just the Wii Remote?

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#128 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Does it require the Nunchuk as well, or just the Wii Remote?

Calvin079
You can use the nunchuk, but it is not required.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#129 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Zombie Panic in Wonderland got released today in EU. I got it now and am playing it. Seems pretty fun :P But only if it is decently long and characters are somewhat different or more weapons. I.e. i need a little variation.
Apart from that its presentation is good, the vibe and the shooting too. The walking is a little slow, though You don't really need to walk a whole lot so far.
Here is a video.

So far, i would say it's pretty sweet! I just hope it will keep changing a little so You don't get bored!

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 inflammable01

Zombie Panic in Wonderland got released today in EU. I got it now and am playing it. Seems pretty fun :P But only if it is decently long and characters are somewhat different or more weapons. I.e. i need a little variation.
Apart from that its presentation is good, the vibe and the shooting too. The walking is a little slow, though You don't really need to walk a whole lot so far.
Here is a video.

So far, i would say it's pretty sweet! I just hope it will keep changing a little so You don't get bored!

KungfuKitten

I hope it comes to NA sometime soon. Seems to be Sin & Punishment except only on the ground and with zombies. Plus a real two player co-op.

hart704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 hart704
Member since 2004 • 2994 Posts
What Wii games would you recommend for someone with the following exclusions. * No mini-game collections. * No games that use Motion Plus. * No WiiWare or Virtual Console titles. * No Gamecube titles. * No multiplatform games. * No games with extensive use of or tacked-on waggle. Make sure to also check to see if I haven't already added your suggestion to my Wish List, Collection, or Rejected List.
vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

What Wii games would you recommend for someone with the following exclusions. * No mini-game collections. * No games that use Motion Plus. * No WiiWare or Virtual Console titles. * No Gamecube titles. * No multiplatform games. * No games with extensive use of or tacked-on waggle. Make sure to also check to see if I haven't already added your suggestion to my Wish List, Collection, or Rejected List.hart704
Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid Prime Trilogy (u can play metroid prime 3 even though u dont want gamecube games)

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 inflammable01
[QUOTE="hart704"]What Wii games would you recommend for someone with the following exclusions. * No mini-game collections. * No games that use Motion Plus. * No WiiWare or Virtual Console titles. * No Gamecube titles. * No multiplatform games. * No games with extensive use of or tacked-on waggle. Make sure to also check to see if I haven't already added your suggestion to my Wish List, Collection, or Rejected List.

Excitebots.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#134 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i would recommend quantum of solace 007 call of duty waw

and for people who want a nintendogs for wii -puppy luv

tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

anything you can suggest similar to Batman Arkham Asylum or Assassins Creed 2 on the Wii? i have all the nintendo exculsives and have played many of the games in the thread, but Batman and AC were the most fun i have had playing games in a long time. Any suggestions for Wii games with a good fun combat system, possibly mission based, or with side quests?

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 inflammable01
Military Madness Nectaris or wait for Zombie Panic in Wonderland?
stackupguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#137 stackupguitar
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts

Ok.....I've been a PC gamer for life, but am getting a Wii in the mail in about a week. I have no games and intend to buy a couple before it arrives. I see the list of all these recommended games, but thought (as some of the lists were made some time ago even if they have been updated) I'd ask for responses/input. I'll be checking often to see who recommends what, and it will also be nice to see if people's recommendations still line up with what the forum started with.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 JordanElek

Ok.....I've been a PC gamer for life, but am getting a Wii in the mail in about a week. I have no games and intend to buy a couple before it arrives. I see the list of all these recommended games, but thought (as some of the lists were made some time ago even if they have been updated) I'd ask for responses/input. I'll be checking often to see who recommends what, and it will also be nice to see if people's recommendations still line up with what the forum started with.stackupguitar

This thread is about as up to date as it can get, though it's missing Monster Hunter 3 since that was just released today. From what I can tell, the "must have" list is still pretty accurate for what the forum usually recommends the most. Any questions about any of those games?

stackupguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#139 stackupguitar
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
Yeah, I think the current list is pretty good. I guess I was just fishing to see if there was any different opinions on particulars. Also, I was wondering if the whole backwards compatible GameCube thing is worth looking into for some of the classic GC titles?
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

anyone played monster hunter 3? What was the problems that it had?

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 knuckl3head

Yeah, I think the current list is pretty good. I guess I was just fishing to see if there was any different opinions on particulars. Also, I was wondering if the whole backwards compatible GameCube thing is worth looking into for some of the classic GC titles?stackupguitar

Yes, when you insert a gamecube disc the wii becomes a gamecube when you select the game in the wii menu so you will also need a GC controller as well as a memory card to save.

anyone played monster hunter 3? What was the problems that it had?

Regent192

That it's too addicting.

wes008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 wes008
Member since 2009 • 802 Posts

MH Tri needs to be added to the list of online multiplayer games.

psyko0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 psyko0815
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

I have a question..... just how bad is FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers? I saw IGN give it a 6.2, and for IGN, that is a horrible, horrible ranking. I love all the FFs (the numbered ones.... there have been a few spin offs that I didn't like).

Also, please recommend some good Wii RPGs.

Thanks.

Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts

I have a question..... just how bad is FF Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers? I saw IGN give it a 6.2, and for IGN, that is a horrible, horrible ranking. I love all the FFs (the numbered ones.... there have been a few spin offs that I didn't like).

Thanks.

psyko0815

I don't know about FF

as for rpgs tales of symphonia,rune factory frontier and muramasa

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I've been thinking of getting Monster Hunter Tri because from what i've been hearing and what i've seen from various playthroughs online, it definitely looks like something i'd really enjoy playing. Anyway, I know that the online is spectacular and I would definitely be going online as well. But i've always prefered the single-player games rather than multiplayer. I'm just wondering if this game would be worth picking up for its single player (offline) component as well.

Is the online basically the same as single-player but with additional content and exclusive quests/missions and monsters? Or is online the meat of the game containing everything while offline mearly offers a fraction of the monsters, quests and missions to serve as an introduction?

Like I said, i'll most definitely be playing online as well but I would also like the ability to just to go through and play alone too. If the offline isn't just a fraction of the actual content available and offers about as much playtime as say Zelda or Okami (40+ hours), then i'm sold. :D

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 JordanElek

I've been thinking of getting Monster Hunter Tri because from what i've been hearing and what i've seen from various playthroughs online, it definitely looks like something i'd really enjoy playing. Anyway, I know that the online is spectacular and I would definitely be going online as well. But i've always prefered the single-player games rather than multiplayer. I'm just wondering if this game would be worth picking up for its single player (offline) component as well.

Is the online basically the same as single-player but with additional content and exclusive quests/missions and monsters? Or is online the meat of the game containing everything while offline mearly offers a fraction of the monsters, quests and missions to serve as an introduction?

Like I said, i'll most definitely be playing online as well but I would also like the ability to just to go through and play alone too. If the offline isn't just a fraction of the actual content available and offers about as much playtime as say Zelda or Okami (40+ hours), then i'm sold. :D

moltenix

You can play online by yourself if you want. That's what I've been doing. But there's a lot of content in the offline mode as well, since the game does a really good job of making everything take a really long time to do. You'll rack up the hours pretty easily.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 knuckl3head

moltenix

You can play single player mode soley if you want. It's pretty close to the same thing as far as quests. The cool thing is what items you find and make in single player carry over to the online and vise versa. Trust me though after playing online once you'll be hooked. I played this game casually at first in single player mode and when I got more familiar with the game and went over to online I became addicted. I urge you to pick it up, it's rare the wii will be introduced to such a spectacular, well polished game. The game is virtually perfect as far as i'm concerned.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Thanks.

psyko0815

FFCC is one of the spin-offs you probably won't like then. It has very little in common with FF's outside of story progression and enemy models. What it IS happens to be a very interesting game with plenty to do, see, and play around with, however it was penalized for not living up to what it promised and for some of those activities not being what an RPG fanatic would enjoy (aka ballroom dancing).

If you are looking for more traditional fare, you should invest time in Opoona, Chocobo's Dungeon, and look at gameplay of Arc Rise Fantasia. If you are a fan of action rpg's Tales of Symphonia 2, Monster Hunter 3, and Fragile Dreams would be the set you should look into.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#149 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts

I was considering downloading Water Warfare or Onslaught. Are there still ever any people online playing these games?

inflammable01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 inflammable01

I was considering downloading Water Warfare or Onslaught. Are there still ever any people online playing these games?

JAB991
Do yourself a favor and get neither.