Lesbian gets banned from Xbox Live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]Basically MS knows they can't moderate every hate mail or hateful voice interchange the woman will receive, so instead of genuinely trying to clean up Xbox Live from the filth state it's in, they punish the people that are targetted by the idiots on Xbox Live. Great one. Effectively they're pandering to the mob mentality. But then money always ran the show.phynixblack
Wow, you said what I said. Only you made it sound like a dirty conspiracy. Which is stupid. Look man... Microsoft is and always will do what it has to do to be a money making Business. Don't pretend your some valiant knight who would be on a crusade to stop evil if you ran that company. You would have the crusader mindset until the place started losing money. Then you would learn to be and ass really quick. I am not saying them descriiminating is right, but blaming Microsoft is the same as saying 'Money is bad'. It gets nothing done, and no one cares to hear it. Instead you should probably target people at fault. Homophobes and douchebags on Xbox Live, then shake your head and wag your finger at us people who are decent enough, but ignore, miss and make NO noise about this stuff to the people who need to hear it.

I actually believe MS should start banning people more readily. Problem is those same idiots are usually some of the biggest customers. Idiots with nothing better to do than troll on Xbox Live. You should get a warning, and if commit a second offence, banhammer. You've probably lost a few months of Xbox Live etc. Yes you can create a couple of other accounts, but I.P. banning would be very effective, and in the end you're hurting these idiots in their pockets. MS get banning.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

I wonder what sort of reaction I'd get if in my profile I had something like "I love lesbians, boobies are awesome", probably a few giggles from guys and a few thumbs up for my Rep.

Yeah.

ottumatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 ottumatic
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts
Technically speaking it is not Microsoft's fault but the community's. In my belief, Microsoft apparently banned her in order to quell the possible 'social riots' on xBox Live. Similar incidents had happened on community websites such as Youtube and MySpace before.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
well judging by how "intellegent" the online comunitys of games are i would say itsmost likly idiots filing complaints against them until they get banned. I mean whens the last time anyone has been in an online match and not been called a homophic or racist name.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#155 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
[QUOTE="phynixblack"][QUOTE="Hoobinator"]Basically MS knows they can't moderate every hate mail or hateful voice interchange the woman will receive, so instead of genuinely trying to clean up Xbox Live from the filth state it's in, they punish the people that are targetted by the idiots on Xbox Live. Great one. Effectively they're pandering to the mob mentality. But then money always ran the show.Hoobinator
Wow, you said what I said. Only you made it sound like a dirty conspiracy. Which is stupid. Look man... Microsoft is and always will do what it has to do to be a money making Business. Don't pretend your some valiant knight who would be on a crusade to stop evil if you ran that company. You would have the crusader mindset until the place started losing money. Then you would learn to be and ass really quick. I am not saying them descriiminating is right, but blaming Microsoft is the same as saying 'Money is bad'. It gets nothing done, and no one cares to hear it. Instead you should probably target people at fault. Homophobes and douchebags on Xbox Live, then shake your head and wag your finger at us people who are decent enough, but ignore, miss and make NO noise about this stuff to the people who need to hear it.

I actually believe MS should start banning people more readily. Problem is those same idiots are usually some of the biggest customers. Idiots with nothing better to do than troll on Xbox Live. You should get a warning, and if commit a second offence, banhammer. You've probably lost a few months of Xbox Live etc. Yes you can create a couple of other accounts, but I.P. banning would be very effective, and in the end you're hurting these idiots in their pockets. MS get banning.

I really cannot disagree with you there. But then again, report spammers who tell their freinds to tell their freinds to report and such would rule supreme. Innocents would drop left and right. I say they simply need a system were Players mass reported in a very short time get checked out by an ACTUAL PERSON. If Player1 has ^9000 reportts for harassment on their profile, you should have some dude check to make sure, chances are the reporters were trolls. It's almost sick how they warn you not to false report, yet I have never in my time on XBL or the interwebz seen a person or heard complaints about being banned for false reporting.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
MS needs a better file complant system. more detailed one such as used hate language toward ppl, or threatened ppl, or they sould be able to figure out if the complaint filed is legit and not just becuz i beatsomeone in a game so they are filing a complaint that i cheated. Im all for the freedom of speech but they need to do somethin about the horrible racism and other hate or homophobic remarks so many ppl make. There should be like a 3 strikes and ur out kind of deal.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 phynixblack
MS needs a better file complant system. more detailed one such as used hate language toward ppl, or threatened ppl, or they sould be able to figure out if the complaint filed is legit and not just becuz i beatsomeone in a game so they are filing a complaint that i cheated. Im all for the freedom of speech but they need to do somethin about the horrible racism and other hate or homophobic remarks so many ppl make. There should be like a 3 strikes and ur out kind of deal.2pac_makaveli
That take a hell of a long time and the computer systems that handle their reports wouldn't react well.
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

From reading the article it seems as though she was banned for the word lesbian or that inclination in her PROFILE. This leads me to believe that she was suspended because Microsoft consider the word, or the sentence which implied being a lesbian, to be offensive. To me this seems almost outlandish in the diverse and widespread community that is now Xbox Live. Although I disagree with the suspension I fail to understand why she felt the need to express her sexuality in her profile, at the end of the day I guess its her choice although if I was her I would have been anticipating a certain amount of fuss considering the people I have met on Live. (I still maintain a majority of people I have met on Live are not racist, prejudice or offensive and are down to earth friendly gamers)

Anyway, from this article it seems Microsoft suspended the account due to them finding the word 'lesbian' or the sentence implying so to be offensive, personally this doesn't bother me and I see much worse gamertags and bios everyday. To my mind, MS have acted unreasonably in this case, and that might even be putting it lightly.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 phynixblack
[QUOTE="Stashbash"]

From reading the article it seems as though she was banned for the word lesbian or that inclination in her PROFILE. This leads me to believe that she was suspended because Microsoft consider the word, or the sentence which implied being a lesbian, to be offensive. To me this seems almost outlandish in the diverse and widespread community that is now Xbox Live. Although I disagree with the suspension I fail to understand why she felt the need to express her sexuality in her profile, at the end of the day I guess its her choice although if I was her I would have been anticipating a certain amount of fuss considering the people I have met on Live. (I still maintain a majority of people I have met on Live are not racist, prejudice or offensive and are down to earth friendly gamers)

Anyway, from this article it seems Microsoft suspended the account due to them finding the word 'lesbian' or the sentence implying so to be offensive, personally this doesn't bother me and I see much worse gamertags and bios everyday. To my mind, MS have acted unreasonably in this case, and that might even be putting it lightly.

Who knows. It could have been a simple statement. I mean I highly doubt it was like "LAWL IM LESBIAN I MUNCH CARPET AND EAT OUT GURLZZZ LOLOLOL" If what I used above is the case then she deserves a ban, but I just CAN'T imagine any respectable gamer would ridicule themselves. I imagine she was simple stating facts about herself in her Bio. I tend to throw out random facts. While my sexuality is something between me and whomsoever I choose to love, I don't really see the WRONG in stating your sexuality in a Bio. The issue really is our inability to tell how she decided to state it. There are ways she could have made it offensive, and ways it would be totally innocent.
ryokinshin6x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 ryokinshin6x3
Member since 2006 • 1437 Posts
The fact that these people need to announce their sexual orientation is stupid enough.
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 tokebuddude
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.tokebuddude

While I agree with you that sexual anything over live would be inappropriate in the wrong context. Having a gay term, or what have you, in your sig or name shows pride.. that's all.. it's a means of showing people that we are here and we can be anyone. There is so much prejudice in this world and until it happens to you, you may never understand.

I shall reiterate... It is well within M$ legal and constitutional rights to ban anyone from their "private" membership.. But that is NOT to say they are correct in doing so.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.Shrapnel99
lol ya rite thats why theres millions my bad billions of jobs that the business is privitly own and u know what u laws apple there to u fire or do not hire someone just because of race relliogn or anything like that the business well be in trouble

I'm sorry but I didn't understand a thing you just said.

lmao, i had to reread that 4 times and i still dont understand it either.
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tokebuddude

The fact that these people need to announce their sexual orientation is stupid enough.ryokinshin6x3

"these people"... what are we? Lepers? It's statements like this and threads like this that shows us we have a long way to go to get the respect that we so deserve.. Being gay is not a choice people.. In fact it sucks to be gay sometimes.. No person wants to be born into a society who HATES them.. And that's exactly what has happened to us. And we will be heard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

[QUOTE="ryokinshin6x3"]The fact that these people need to announce their sexual orientation is stupid enough.tokebuddude

"these people"... what are we? Lepers? It's statements like this and threads like this that shows us we have a long way to go to get the respect that we so deserve.. Being gay is not a choice people.. In fact it sucks to be gay sometimes.. No person wants to be born into a society who HATES them.. And that's exactly what has happened to us. And we will be heard.

Oh please, people have been complaining about the use of "these people" for as long as I can remember.

Please dont start with that. Not alot of people "HATE" you because of youre sexual orientation, they just disagree with you. They do this because you people tend to flaunt the fact that youre gay and let the whole world know. Now we even have people like Rosie O'Donnell who try tell little children that being gay or bi is OK and that they should try and be more like their GAY or BI peers.

Also being a gay tends to go directly against what most religions in the world belive. And since most people in the world believe in some type of god, they believe what god says in the Bible, Karram, and anyother book that pertains to a religion. The bible for example actually says that marriage and sexual relations MUST be between a man and a woman exclusively. It also says that people who disobey this will most likely, and theres no easy way to say this, go to hell.

So, sorry bud to alot people being automatically condemned to hell is like being Lepur. You people need to realise that.

NOTE: Im actually sort of ok with Gay marriage as it does not really affect me in any way. I only have a problem with people who flaunt their orientation and try to almost recuit children into their world.

tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 tokebuddude
[QUOTE="tokebuddude"]

[QUOTE="ryokinshin6x3"]The fact that these people need to announce their sexual orientation is stupid enough.Almighty-mints

Oh please, people have been complaining about the use of "these people" for as long as I can remember.

Please dont start with that. Not alot of people "HATE" you because of youre sexual orientation, they just disagree with you. They do this because you people tend to flaunt the fact that youre gay and let the whole world know. Now we even have people like Rosie O'Donnell who try tell little children that being gay or bi is OK and that they should try and be more like their GAY or BI peers.

Also being a gay tends to go directly against what most religions in the world belive. And since most people in the world believe in some type of god, they believe what god says in the Bible, Karram, and anyother book that pertains to a religion. The bible for example actually says that marriage and sexual relations MUST be between a man and a woman exclusively. It also says that people who disobey this will most likely, and theres no easy way to say this, go to hell.

So, sorry bud to alot people being automatically condemned to hell is like being Lepur. You people need to realise that.

NOTE: Im actually sort of ok with Gay marriage as it does not really affect me in any way. I only have a problem with people who flaunt their orientation and try to almost recuit children into their world.

Yeah..you're not prejudiced at all... it's ignorant people like you that make us know that we need to fight harder to be heard.

paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#166 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP! I don't care if you're homosexual or not, I respect your sexuality. But just like there are IDIOT STRAIGHT people, there are also IDIOT HOMOSEXUAL people! Some gay people use their sexuality as an excuse to act like jackasses. Which I strongly believe the banned lesbian did. ENOUGH OF THIS. Wanna be gay FINE, just don't be an ass about it. I've met gay and lesbian players on xbox live and they were cool. I know homosexual people in real life that are cool as well, but I also know homo people that I can't stand just being close to, JUST LIKE STRAIGHT PEOPLE. Regardless of race, money, place of birth/live in, sexuality, there are people who are cool, and people who are real IDIOTS.
bulbousd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 bulbousd1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
why does she need to let anyone know her sexual preference. this is xbox live not a dating web site. i don't agree with Microsoft but she doesn't have to let everyone know about her. so i think both parties are at fault.
donny666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 donny666
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts
That is about retarded. Who would put their sexual orientation on a GAMER profile? Oh right, probably someone looking for attention. Well she got it I guess.
Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
I don't think she got banned for being a lesbian but for saying she was in her profile, not that its right either, I'm sure if I put that I was straight in my bio, they would not ban me. There's no need to include that in your bio anyway, they have websites for that kind of stuff. Oh well, life sux then you die.
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 tokebuddude
I played with a guy last night whose id was muffdiver420... didn't see him being harassed.. it's the way the world is..I understand that.. tha's why showing that we're here and proud is important for changing the way society sees us.. not as an "advertisement" but as a protest kind of way.. it's merely a statement
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts
i dont mean to be a ****** but she asked for it. ppl on xbl are complete dbags. n she says shes a lesbian. that was pretty dumb. but yeah this whole story is complete BS.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#172 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
If I were this individual, I would absolutely, 100% try to take Microsoft to court. They would settle, and then I would use the money to buy a [QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Good.

She shouldn't post around " I am teh lesbian"

I don't see Straight people posting " I am straight."

She would lose against Microsoft too. They have the best lawyers ever. What was the need to put your sexual prefrence on it anyway?

Did we need to know she was Lesbian?

She deserved it.

The thing is, the 'offended' parties were most likely bothered as the result of their religious convictions. Why should a bunch of bible-thumping haters get the pass while one harmless lesbian is burned at the stake? *(Metaphorically, of course.)
ryokinshin6x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ryokinshin6x3
[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP! I don't care if you're homosexual or not, I respect your sexuality. But just like there are IDIOT STRAIGHT people, there are also IDIOT HOMOSEXUAL people! Some gay people use their sexuality as an excuse to act like jackasses. Which I strongly believe the banned lesbian did. ENOUGH OF THIS. Wanna be gay FINE, just don't be an ass about it. I've met gay and lesbian players on xbox live and they were cool. I know homosexual people in real life that are cool as well, but I also know homo people that I can't stand just being close to, JUST LIKE STRAIGHT PEOPLE. Regardless of race, money, place of birth/live in, sexuality, there are people who are cool, and people who are real IDIOTS.

The sad thing is they want to be respected, but they can't be adults about it.
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 tokebuddude

[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP! I don't care if you're homosexual or not, I respect your sexuality. But just like there are IDIOT STRAIGHT people, there are also IDIOT HOMOSEXUAL people! Some gay people use their sexuality as an excuse to act like jackasses. Which I strongly believe the banned lesbian did. ENOUGH OF THIS. Wanna be gay FINE, just don't be an ass about it. I've met gay and lesbian players on xbox live and they were cool. I know homosexual people in real life that are cool as well, but I also know homo people that I can't stand just being close to, JUST LIKE STRAIGHT PEOPLE. Regardless of race, money, place of birth/live in, sexuality, there are people who are cool, and people who are real IDIOTS. ryokinshin6x3
The sad thing is they want to be respected, but they can't be adults about it.

Ok.. I said I was going to leave this thread alone.. But, please elaborate.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I shall reiterate... It is well within M$ legal and constitutional rights to ban anyone from their "private" membership.. But that is NOT to say they are correct in doing so.

tokebuddude

Thank you. This is exactly what I was saying.

tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 tokebuddude
you're statement shows ingnorance and that u didn't fully comprehend my statement.
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tokebuddude
Look.. we're obviously beating a dead horse here.. and I do not wish to further the repetitious arguments that obviously opens up debate for ignorant and prejudicial attacks.. The world sucks for gays and that's a fact of life...for now.
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts

Ummm... well first of all to all of you that believe that this is not fair, you must not have read the fine print in the xbox360 terms and conditions.. It states that there cannot be anything offensive, rude, etc. in your gamertag. And it also says Microsoft is the final judge of what is and isn't offensive. #2. No where in the article did they say what her gamertag was, which I find a little odd. All of you are supporting a name that you have no clue what it is.. Microsoft has a list words that CANNOT be used anywhere in the gamertag and she probably violated this.. #3 Microsoft DID NOT KICK HER OFF FOR BEING GAY they kicked her off for the gamertag she used. Some of you need to learn to read accurately and with understanding. All she has to do is create a new one and problem solved.. NOT A BIG DEAL.. I don't feel like I have to express the fact that i'm straight in my gamertag. Why does she feel the NEED to express she is gay And evidently she doesn't have the right to either.sourcerah

Obviously you didn't read the article as it was stated that her PROFILE mentioned she was a lesbian and her gamer tag had nothing to do with it.

"I had a similar incident, only my account was suspended because I had said in my profile that I was a lesbian"

READ EVERYTHING FIRST BEFORE YOU RESPOND

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
That was wrong of Microsoft, but why was she advertising that she was a lesbian? Doesn't make sense to me.
ryokinshin6x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ryokinshin6x3
Look.. we're obviously beating a dead horse here.. and I do not wish to further the repetitious arguments that obviously opens up debate for ignorant and prejudicial attacks.. The world sucks for gays and that's a fact of life...for now.tokebuddude
You get personally offended when I say those people, sad.
DARK1044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 DARK1044
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
wow crazy story:shock:
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 paulokoenigkam
Let me put this way, the way I think. I'll give you an example to make it easier: There are 3 kinds of gay men, which I respect 2. 1-> The homosexual that dresses like a man, talks like a man, acts like a man the entire time, but do not hide the fact that he's gay Sure he may slip here and there, but you got my point. 2-> The "drag queen", that acts like half man, half woman, screaming, wanting attention, hitting on all the guys... it's just annoying. I don't like these individuals. 3-> The homosexual that tries the best he can to look like a woman, gets silicon implants, does beauty treatment, talks and acts like one, you know, the woman that has a penis However this individual must not hide the fact that he's dude (at least in case of some straight guy find him attractive and try something, he should tell the guy in advance that he's a man). This individual gets respected by me as well. I believe most people think like me, people like that lesbian banned girl must have been one of those loud, attention seeking homosexual people. Like if the fact that she is homosexual is her personality. Like the fact that she likes girls makes her special, different. If she really was like that, then she deserved it. Tokebuddude, seems like you're homosexual, I respect your decision, and you seem like the first option I mentioned. It's ok to be gay but be yourself, don't let your sexuality take over, which is what drag queens and probably that lesbian girl do. Be gay but don't be loud. Don't be loud, but don't hide the fact that you are gay
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tokebuddude

Let me put this way, the way I think. I'll give you an example to make it easier: There are 3 kinds of gay men, which I respect 2. 1-> The homosexual that dresses like a man, talks like a man, acts like a man the entire time, but do not hide the fact that he's gay Sure he may slip here and there, but you got my point. 2-> The "drag queen", that acts like half man, half woman, screaming, wanting attention, hitting on all the guys... it's just annoying. I don't like these individuals. 3-> The homosexual that tries the best he can to look like a woman, gets silicon implants, does beauty treatment, talks and acts like one, you know, the woman that has a penis However this individual must not hide the fact that he's dude (at least in case of some straight guy find him attractive and try something, he should tell the guy in advance that he's a man). This individual gets respected by me as well. I believe most people think like me, people like that lesbian banned girl must have been one of those loud, attention seeking homosexual people. Like if the fact that she is homosexual is her personality. Like the fact that she likes girls makes her special, different. If she really was like that, then she deserved it. Tokebuddude, seems like you're homosexual, I respect your decision, and you seem like the first option I mentioned. It's ok to be gay but be yourself, don't let your sexuality take over, which is what drag queens and probably that lesbian girl do. Be gay but don't be loud. Don't be loud, but don't hide the fact that you are gaypaulokoenigkam

I appreciate your honesty.. And while I cannot hope to make u fully understand.. understand at least this, To be shown prejudice because of "what" you are(and it is not a "choice") is very demeaning and hurtful. Makes you feel "less" than a person.. It's the same with the race thing and other prejudices.. Saying things like "you people", and "those gays", Insinuates inferiority. I can't describe it fully in this thread, as I have no more time. But until people understand what prejudice is and how it affects people there will always be debate.. But I do appreciate you for at least being honest and open. Thank you.

ryokinshin6x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 ryokinshin6x3

[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]Let me put this way, the way I think. I'll give you an example to make it easier: There are 3 kinds of gay men, which I respect 2. 1-> The homosexual that dresses like a man, talks like a man, acts like a man the entire time, but do not hide the fact that he's gay Sure he may slip here and there, but you got my point. 2-> The "drag queen", that acts like half man, half woman, screaming, wanting attention, hitting on all the guys... it's just annoying. I don't like these individuals. 3-> The homosexual that tries the best he can to look like a woman, gets silicon implants, does beauty treatment, talks and acts like one, you know, the woman that has a penis However this individual must not hide the fact that he's dude (at least in case of some straight guy find him attractive and try something, he should tell the guy in advance that he's a man). This individual gets respected by me as well. I believe most people think like me, people like that lesbian banned girl must have been one of those loud, attention seeking homosexual people. Like if the fact that she is homosexual is her personality. Like the fact that she likes girls makes her special, different. If she really was like that, then she deserved it. Tokebuddude, seems like you're homosexual, I respect your decision, and you seem like the first option I mentioned. It's ok to be gay but be yourself, don't let your sexuality take over, which is what drag queens and probably that lesbian girl do. Be gay but don't be loud. Don't be loud, but don't hide the fact that you are gaytokebuddude

I appreciate your honesty.. And while I cannot hope to make u fully understand.. understand at least this, To be shown prejudice because of "what" you are(and it is not a "choice") is very demeaning and hurtful. Makes you feel "less" than a person.. It's the same with the race thing and other prejudices.. Saying things like "you people", and "those gays", Insinuates inferiority. I can't describe it fully in this thread, as I have no more time. But until people understand what prejudice is and how it affects people there will always be debate.. But I do appreciate you for at least being honest and open. Thank you.

He says it best, doesn't matter what you are, as long as your not loud about it.
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

If her profile had been set to private, this event wouldn't have even occured.

Personally, she wasn't saying any offensive or addressing information regarding any other person but herself--which is the sole purpose of a profile if I'm not mistaken. You list where you are from, what you do, etc. While sexual preference may not be the most prevailant of information, I don't see why it should be shielded or excluded from a profile. Granted that I would recommend only making your profile visible to your friends if it has information that is very personal. My profile says I have an amazing wife and I'm male; therefore, most people can safely assume I'm straight. If her profile says she was female (or it could be assumed she was female by her Gamertag) and said she had a wife/female life partner, would the same problem have occured? That is the question that should be asked.

I would assume that even if she had not specifically said she was a lesbian and used that specific word, similar consequences would have arrived if she had in a similar manner I have listed that I am married to a women, said she was seeing another women herself. Making this assumption, MS is in the wrong...

Anyways, I assume that this women is a complete moron. If I had countless people that were not on my friends list chastising me, following me to other games and harrassing me, etc. because of information within my profile, I would 1) change my profile or 2) make my profile private for only my friends to see. Seriously lady, use your head. Even though MS might be in the wrong, you don't seem like the brightest bulb to be complaining about something you could've fixed....

Lastly, what right do parents have to complain about someone posting anything within their profile. Do these people actually play games online. I have heard some of the most blatantly ignorant and pathetically inexcusable language ever. To complain about seeing the word lesbian within someone's personal profile (of which you actually have to search for, this isn't information that you can see without looking) is rediculous. Self police the real problems found on Live, not the dumb girl that forgot to lock her profile so your idiot children couldn't search for information to harass other people.

Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts
[QUOTE="Anti-Venom"]

http://consumerist.com/5160187/identifying-yourself-as-a-lesbian-gets-you-banned-on-xbox-live

What do you think? Was microsoft right for doing this?

Yes.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts
quote form a user on the web page "Since when was Xbox live a place to advertise your sexual orientation, gay or straight?"
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

...she wasn't saying any offensive or addressing information regarding any other person but herself...

joke_man

You don't have the information to determine whether or not anything she said was offensive, as the article omitted her actual profile.

-Rivfader-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190 -Rivfader-
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

Live is a cesspool of ignorance

That is why I play all my games with the MUTE VOICE option turned on.

ryokinshin6x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 ryokinshin6x3

-Rivfader-
Saying that is in itself ignorant.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 paulokoenigkam
[QUOTE="tokebuddude"]

[QUOTE="paulokoenigkam"]Let me put this way, the way I think. I'll give you an example to make it easier: There are 3 kinds of gay men, which I respect 2. 1-> The homosexual that dresses like a man, talks like a man, acts like a man the entire time, but do not hide the fact that he's gay Sure he may slip here and there, but you got my point. 2-> The "drag queen", that acts like half man, half woman, screaming, wanting attention, hitting on all the guys... it's just annoying. I don't like these individuals. 3-> The homosexual that tries the best he can to look like a woman, gets silicon implants, does beauty treatment, talks and acts like one, you know, the woman that has a penis However this individual must not hide the fact that he's dude (at least in case of some straight guy find him attractive and try something, he should tell the guy in advance that he's a man). This individual gets respected by me as well. I believe most people think like me, people like that lesbian banned girl must have been one of those loud, attention seeking homosexual people. Like if the fact that she is homosexual is her personality. Like the fact that she likes girls makes her special, different. If she really was like that, then she deserved it. Tokebuddude, seems like you're homosexual, I respect your decision, and you seem like the first option I mentioned. It's ok to be gay but be yourself, don't let your sexuality take over, which is what drag queens and probably that lesbian girl do. Be gay but don't be loud. Don't be loud, but don't hide the fact that you are gayryokinshin6x3

He says it best, doesn't matter what you are, as long as your not loud about it.

Pretty much what I meant Ryo =) And Toke, you're welcome, I also thank you for your politeness, if you wanna talk to me more about it in case I haven't made myself clear, PM me or something, I'll gladly discuss. And we can't label people for "what" they are, but for "who" they are, don't say what or some people might find it offensive as well, not me, but easily offended people :p
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts
[QUOTE="ryokinshin6x3"][QUOTE="-Rivfader-"]

Saying that is in itself ignorant.

It's not ignorant. It's called a "choice".
cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts
What the hell? who goes around saying "oh by the way, im lesbian." on xbox live and doesn't expect any negative replies? just sounds stupid to me.
Avatar image for hawaiiinsomniac
hawaiiinsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 hawaiiinsomniac
Member since 2007 • 1257 Posts
What the hell? who goes around saying "oh by the way, im lesbian." on xbox live and doesn't expect any negative replies? just sounds stupid to me.cupcake_JR
You just don't get it... That's the sad part about all of this... if someone says "I'm a lesbian" or "I am gay or "I am black" or "I am asian" or "I am Indian" it shouldn't be a big deal. The fact that people still have a stigma about minorities in every way shape or form is sad...
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts
[QUOTE="joke_man"]

...she wasn't saying any offensive or addressing information regarding any other person but herself...

Palantas

You don't have the information to determine whether or not anything she said was offensive, as the article omitted her actual profile.

Speaking of omission and sorts, thanks for addressing everything I had to say. From what I gathered in the article, it stated she was a lesbian, thus my response was based on some speculation and information provided from the article. I can make a similar poor argument and say you don't know if anything was offensive. At least I based what I had to say on what I read, rather than basing what I had to say on what I didn't read.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
i think all gays and lesbians are sicka and perverted so good job MS
cupcake_JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 cupcake_JR
Member since 2005 • 279 Posts

[QUOTE="cupcake_JR"]What the hell? who goes around saying "oh by the way, im lesbian." on xbox live and doesn't expect any negative replies? just sounds stupid to me.hawaiiinsomniac

You just don't get it... That's the sad part about all of this... if someone says "I'm a lesbian" or "I am gay or "I am black" or "I am asian" or "I am Indian" it shouldn't be a big deal.

The fact that people still have a stigma about minorities in every way shape or form is sad...

Infact, you don't get it, because there is no reason for someone to be blurting out their sexual preference. i don't go join a game and say "hey guys, im straight". It comes down to them just being stupid.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#199 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

It is technically offensive to some people. If she displays it where anybody can see it, then it should have been dealt with. Unless they have changed their policy though, it is only a temp ban for a couple days.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
wow crazy story:shock:DARK1044
Yea I know, I thought it was fake at first