Lesbian gets banned from Xbox Live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#51 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="Un4givingAsault"]Just wait here, WHO THE HELL PUTS THERE SEXUAL ORIENTATION IN THEIR BIO. violent_spinal

Who would get banned for it?
I mean, why wouldn't she just get the regular old treatment of getting "CODE OF CONDUCT" put where the offensive content was.
Why a straight out ban?

Either there's something else here we don't know, or it's complete BS why she would have been banned for that.
Not even mentioning getting chased through games and getting harassed. God, I hate XBox LIVE.

o i would like to add something to un4g... said why~ because they fell confidient in their self and they dont care what others think of their self and proud to exspress it because maby it would stop harassing ppl are gay because it comes normal to people vs abnormal

CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
people like to take things way to far. i smell a lawsuit.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

Why would you have that info in your profile anyway? Just wondering...

zacho26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 zacho26
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
who cares, u dont need to put that on your profile anyways.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Good, I'm glad she got banned, hopefully permanently. I call **** on live **** because they are less than me. Let's see if Gamespot mods are bias towards straight people.eagles_band

I don't think that was a great idea..:|

ihopNESS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ihopNESS
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts

I feel pretty Sorry for that girl.

it sucks that People that would do that. although everyone knows it happens.and we cannot prevent those D*cks from doing that.

Id suggest The Mute button ,No mic And not putting personal sutff on your profile.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
isnt that illegal? seems like complete BS to me, and the people who reported her and were rude should be ashamed of themselves, as well as microsoft
Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

if she followed up on geting microsoft on this she can win agaist it. saying she's a lesbian is not offensive u.s allowes any rellgion to taken by anyone as long as it harms no one and every one as a free will as long as it harms no one. if a person/ rellgion haress someone because of who they are they will be taken down.

calling someone else a lesbain in a ofensive way by someone knows nothing about them thats ofensive. and thats what need's be tooken care of. people needs learn how to use right meanings for words words before they take action on anything.

~i'am nor gay or agaist it

k2theswiss

:lol: She could never win against it. I want to hear what Microsoft has to say. This poor lesiban was banned:cry:. Seems like she like to fib and expand things. First of all she shouldn't have put that in her Gamer Tag. Not to mention what was the full message.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 k2theswiss
Good, I'm glad she got banned, hopefully permanently. I call gays on live f-a-g-s because they are less than me. Let's see if Gamespot mods are bias towards straight people.eagles_band
umm how about you answer this question? what if microsoft ban people because your straight lets see how u feel?? oo better yet lets say this world was floped being gay is right is being straight and only time female and male came together is to reproduce then they depart. soo gays are harssing you just because u like a female vs the normal where a guy likes a guy
tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tokebuddude
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts

Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.vashkey

While I agree with you that sexual anything over live would be inappropriate in the wrong context. Having a gay term, or what have you, in your sig or name shows pride.. that's all.. it's a means of showing people that we are here and we can be anyone. There is so much prejudice in this world and until it happens to you, you may never understand.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

if she followed up on geting microsoft on this she can win agaist it. saying she's a lesbian is not offensive u.s allowes any rellgion to taken by anyone as long as it harms no one and every one as a free will as long as it harms no one. if a person/ rellgion haress someone because of who they are they will be taken down.

calling someone else a lesbain in a ofensive way by someone knows nothing about them thats ofensive. and thats what need's be tooken care of. people needs learn how to use right meanings for words words before they take action on anything.

~i'am nor gay or agaist it

Omni-Wrath

:lol: She could never win against it. I want to hear what Microsoft has to say. This poor lesiban was banned:cry:. Seems like she like to fib and expand things. First of all she shouldn't have put that in her Gamer Tag. Not to mention what was the full message.

and lol ya right if u can prove something case over. and thats why i said if she can prove it. what u said she could never win thats like saying some dude killed your mother and u seen it happen and you can prove he shot the gun case over u win
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="eagles_band"]Good, I'm glad she got banned, hopefully permanently. I call **** on live **** because they are less than me. Let's see if Gamespot mods are bias towards straight people.craigalan23

I don't think that was a great idea..:|

wow eagles, congrats on making yourself look like a total **** infront of this entire forum, you are whats wrong with society in terms of acceptance. and what u said is false, i dont know how anyone can be less than u
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.tokebuddude

While I agree with you that sexual anything over live would be inappropriate in the wrong context. Having a gay term, or what have you, in your sig or name shows pride.. that's all.. it's a means of showing people that we are here and we can be anyone. There is so much prejudice in this world and until it happens to you, you may never understand.

nicely put takes alot pride for someone to be proud and speak it that there gay and say it out in the open because everyone thinks its abnormal. young people is the worse of them all they have no clue but just because they hear it thats how they become to only think one way is normal and the other way is abnormal.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="tokebuddude"]

[QUOTE="vashkey"]Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.k2theswiss

nicely put takes alot pride for someone to be proud and speak it that there gay and say it out in the open because everyone thinks its abnormal. young people is the worse of them all they have no clue but just because they hear it thats how they become to only think one way is normal and the other way is abnormal.

plus your bio is your bio, its there for people to see what you are like (within reason) and i really dont see how being a lesbian can be construed as offensive, thats like being banned for putting 'Im straight' in your bio
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Shrapnel99
MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 chaoscougar1
MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.Shrapnel99
hahahaha wow, that couldnt be further from the truth, i little thing called 'rights' may have the power to override their decisions. if you are in your own house does that mean you can kill anyone you want as long as they are inside your private property? think about it...
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Shrapnel99

[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.chaoscougar1
hahahaha wow, that couldnt be further from the truth, i little thing called 'rights' may have the power to override their decisions. if you are in your own house does that mean you can kill anyone you want as long as they are inside your private property? think about it...

Actually, MS maintains the RIGHTS to ban anyone from their service, which is a fact. Also, you can't compare a ban from an online gaming service to murder, sorry buddy.

tokebuddude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tokebuddude
Member since 2003 • 584 Posts
They do have the right to ban people from their service.. but that's not saying that they are right in doing so..
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Shrapnel99
They do have the right to ban people from their service.. but that's not saying that they are right in doing so..tokebuddude
Yeah, thats what I'm trying to say, I just forgot the "not right in doing so" part lol.
Argle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Argle
Member since 2008 • 571 Posts
I hate the xbox live community....so much
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

That's really unfair. I'm not saying it was her but one time a lesbian messaged me saying all this creepy stuff and sending me pictues. I don't swing that way but she didn't get the message. Now that is a reason to get banned.

GamerTron0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#76 GamerTron0
Member since 2008 • 561 Posts
Well, non-gay girls wont get sexual harassed by lesbians on live any more.
jackophant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jackophant
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
Why did she put that information in her profile? Getting harrassed, thats what the mic is there for! I've been harrassed simply for being american while on xbox live, I've cussed out people who say I'm stupid for using the word "yall". Thats what idiotic people do when you give them a mic. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay but you should no better than to put that on your profile.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
well why is she even putting something like that on her profile, XBOXLIVE is a gaming network, thats something she should keep to herself( us gamers dont care nor need to no about that stuff)..if this was a dating service then thats different.. i feel MS were right for banning her.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="eagles_band"]Good, I'm glad she got banned, hopefully permanently. I call gays on live f-a-g-s because they are less than me. Let's see if Gamespot mods are bias towards straight people.eagles_band

umm how about you answer this question? what if microsoft ban people because your straight lets see how u feel?? oo better yet lets say this world was floped being gay is right is being straight and only time female and male came together is to reproduce then they depart. soo gays are harssing you just because u like a female vs the normal where a guy likes a guy

Could you rewrite this post in a more articulate method? I think I understand what you're saying though.

Microsoft wouldn't ban me cause I don't put my sexual orientation in my profile. This lezbo deserved to get banned, nobody wants to know who she likes sexually.

The worst gay is a proud gay Lighten up, everybody likes laughing at the expense of gays.

Four gay guys walk into a bar and start arguing over who's penis is longer.
Well the bar tender finally got sick of hearing them arguing so told them he had a way to solve this problem.
He told them to stick their penis on the bar and he'd tell them who's was bigger.

Well just as the put them up there, another gay guy walks in and yells "I'll have the buffet!"

have fun on your suspension, couldnt happen to a nicer person :)
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
yea whats the point of having your sexual orientation on a gamertag?
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 chaoscougar1
yea whats the point of having your sexual orientation on a gamertag?nate_c-12
u didnt read the article did u?
q433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 q433
Member since 2007 • 837 Posts

Congrats M$. Not only do you now have a reputation for best customer serice, but you also have a reputation for being the most logical and sensitive!

/Sarcasm intended

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Shrapnel99
[QUOTE="q433"]

Congrats M$. Not only do you now have a reputation for best customer serice, but you also have a reputation for being the most logical and sensitive!

/Sarcasm intended

Maybe so, but they do have some damn good video games on their console :P
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="eagles_band"]Good, I'm glad she got banned, hopefully permanently. I call gays on live f-a-g-s because they are less than me. Let's see if Gamespot mods are bias towards straight people.eagles_band

The worst gay is a proud gay Lighten up, everybody likes laughing at the expense of gays.

What if the person reading that is gay?

qchazap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 qchazap
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

Did anybody read the article. heres the key line:

When she appealed to Microsoft, she says they told her that other gamers found her sexual orientation "offensive."

she was banned cause others players complain. not cause she was lesbian.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 chaoscougar1

When she appealed to Microsoft, she says they told her that other gamers found her sexual orientation "offensive."

qchazap
what do u think her sexual orientation is?
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

No where in the article did they say what her gamertag was, which I find a little odd. All of you are supporting a name that you have no clue what it is.. Microsoft has a list words that CANNOT be used anywhere in the gamertag and she probably violated this..

sourcerah

I'm kinda with you here. I find it very curious that they never said what her Gamertag was. If it's something harmless, why not tell us what it was? Why is no one starting an uproar over all the straight people whose names were banned, when they were merely expressing their sexual preference with Gamertags like (**censored for GameSpot**).

Right for doing it? They have NO right at all to banish someone based on their sexual preference.

ChrisGamer5757

It's their network. They have the right to impose any arbitrary standard they wish on who can and cannot access it. Whether you think that's ethical or not is a different story.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="sourcerah"]

No where in the article did they say what her gamertag was, which I find a little odd. All of you are supporting a name that you have no clue what it is.. Microsoft has a list words that CANNOT be used anywhere in the gamertag and she probably violated this..

Palantas

I'm kinda with you here. I find it very curious that they never said what her Gamertag was. If it's something harmless, why not tell us what it was? Why is no one starting an uproar over all the straight people whose names were banned, when they were merely expressing their sexual preference with Gamertags like (**censored for GameSpot**).

Right for doing it? They have NO right at all to banish someone based on their sexual preference.

ChrisGamer5757

It's their network. They have the right to impose any arbitrary standard they wish on who can and cannot access it. Whether you think that's ethical or not is a different story.

did no one read the article? she said she was a lesbian IN HER BIO, but they also talked about another person who had the word GAY in their gamertag but it was part of they last name
qchazap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 qchazap
[QUOTE="qchazap"]

chaoscougar1

i think that i can been banned if enough people complain about my profile even if i wrote there "Jesus saves"
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="qchazap"]

qchazap

i think that i can been banned if enough people complain about my profile even if i wrote there "Jesus saves"

if enough people complain, microsoft removes their brain and just listens to the majority, your bio could be empty and i still think microsoft would ban you
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Palantas

More commments:

plus your bio is your bio, its there for people to see what you are like (within reason) and i really dont see how being a lesbian can be construed as offensive, thats like being banned for putting 'Im straight' in your bio

chaoscougar1

You don't know that all she put was in her bio was "I'm gay Like myself and others have mentioned, it's very suspicious how the article fails to mention what she actually wrote. If she went into any sort of explicit detail, she should be penalized by Microsoft, just like all the other people who put obscene things on their Gamertag.

[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]

MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.

chaoscougar1

This is a poor analogy. First, in some states, I'm pretty sure you can kill someone who's in your property without your permission. (I know that's not the point.) More to the point, you're first balancing someone's right to life with another person's right to property, then comparing another person's right to free speech with someone else's right to property. This is clearly incorrect. I think a better analogy might be, "If you are in your own house, does that mean you can tell anyone to leave." This is a complicated issue, but your analogy is way off the mark.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Palantas

did no one read the article? she said she was a lesbian IN HER BIO, but they also talked about another person who had the word GAY in their gamertag but it was part of they last name

chaoscougar1

I'm using Gamertag and bio here synonymously. This hardly affects my statements. If her freakin' Gamertag/bio/whatever was harmless, show it to us. If it is harmless, then it seems Microsoft has a problem (like with theGAYERgamer guy). If not, then I have no sympathy for her.

Avatar image for TheSylntChamber
TheSylntChamber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#93 TheSylntChamber
Member since 2009 • 242 Posts

Anyone who thinks M$ can ban anyone for anything needs to read up on law. You CANNOT discriminate regardless if it's a privately owned company, it's illegal.

I think there are two sides to this story. Do I think being gay is right? No. Is it your right? Yes, and I would stand up for that right even though I don't support your lifestyle.

Some users might find it "offensive". If you are so afraid of said users, undoubtedly supposed younger kids, maybe you should go into a game with them and listen to the words they speak. These are the people they need to be targeting.

In the end I think if it's nothing explicit then they should be left alone, but in broadcasting their sexuality they need to be prepared for any scrutiny that shall follow that.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 k2theswiss
MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.Shrapnel99
lol ya rite thats why theres millions my bad billions of jobs that the business is privitly own and u know what u laws apple there to u fire or do not hire someone just because of race relliogn or anything like that the business well be in trouble
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#95 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

This is wrong, as is harrassing someone online because of there personal sexual prefference. Who cares if a male gamer likes men, or if a female gamer like females.

People really need to grow up imo.

qchazap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 qchazap

[QUOTE="qchazap"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] what do u think her sexual orientation is?chaoscougar1

if enough people complain, microsoft removes their brain and just listens to the majority, your bio could be empty and i still think microsoft would ban you

from xbox live terms of use:

In addition, your use of the Service is subject to your compliance with the Code of Conduct (www.xbox.com/en-us/live/codeofconduct.htm and its successors). You agree that we may also discontinue your access to the Service if you do any of the following while connected to the Service:

* Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;

* Publish, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content, topic, name, material, file, or information;

and why Gaywood was banned:

http://kotaku.com/5010324/microsoft-explains-gaywood-ban

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Shrapnel99
[QUOTE="Shrapnel99"]MS has the right to ban anyone from XBL for any reason they want, it's a privately owned service.k2theswiss
lol ya rite thats why theres millions my bad billions of jobs that the business is privitly own and u know what u laws apple there to u fire or do not hire someone just because of race relliogn or anything like that the business well be in trouble

I'm sorry but I didn't understand a thing you just said.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Palantas

Anyone who thinks M$ can ban anyone for anything needs to read up on law. You CANNOT discriminate regardless if it's a privately owned company, it's illegal.

TheSylntChamber

I haven't read up on the law. That's not my profession. If you have, then I'm curious what the law says about this. What laws and what court precedents speak to the ability of an organization to exclude gays from a recreational club?

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#99 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
She'll think next time before revealing herself as a lesbian.
wituckius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 wituckius
Member since 2004 • 86 Posts
Many of these online games are filled with an incredible amount of violence, yet people get offended by someone letting others know she's a lesbian. The people who would get offended over that are idiots.