Lesbian gets banned from Xbox Live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheSylntChamber
TheSylntChamber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 TheSylntChamber
Member since 2009 • 242 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSylntChamber"]

Anyone who thinks M$ can ban anyone for anything needs to read up on law. You CANNOT discriminate regardless if it's a privately owned company, it's illegal.

Palantas

I haven't read up on the law. That's not my profession. If you have, then I'm curious what the law says about this. What laws and what court precedents speak to the ability of an organization to exclude gays from a recreational club?

One everyone should remember is when the Boy Scouts tried to keep gays out. The Supreme court ruled it illegal as there is a anti-discrimination law in every state that this goes against. I think both sides were probably wrong in this situation. M$ could have simply filtered her bio or made her change her gamertag, at the same time there is no reason you would need that in your info. There is more to the story to be told, I won't choose a side till it all comes out.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

One everyone should remember is when the Boy Scouts tried to keep gays out. The Supreme court ruled it illegal as there is a anti-discrimination law in every state that this goes against.

TheSylntChamber

In Boys Scouts of America v. James Dale, the Supreme Court (of the US) said that the Boy Scouts did not have to readmit an openly gay scoutmaster, as they are a private organization and can exclude whomever they wish. That's the exact opposite of what you say above. Has there been a case since 2000 that overturned this ruling?

wKmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 wKmike
Member since 2003 • 4843 Posts
I am going with Microsoft on this one. How ****ing retarded can you be to put your a lesbian in your profile. All she probably had to do was take it out and be fine, but no, she clearly wanted the word lesbian in her profile, and got banned for it. Even if that's not the case, she should have never put it there in the first place. Good riddance i say
stevie82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 stevie82
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts
im in 2 minds over this topic ! 1 part of me is saying that ms have no right to ban the girl regardless of her sexuality ! but on the other hand i dont see why she feels as though she has to broadcast her sexuality over the internet ! i mean ppl use there xbox to play games they dont care about your sexuality !!!
bri360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 bri360
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
Wow thats pathetic. This is why I only go on Live with friends I know in person and I never use a mike. Horrible horrible community on live. By far the worst of anything ive seen. And MS is very wrong for dooing this.
EverteMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106 EverteMax
Member since 2003 • 187 Posts

I thought the idea of banning and suspending people is cause they're some kind of f***s on the communities and they go around pissing people off...for her is people finding trouble for her, so isn't it a bit ??????

For the lady in question, maybe she shouldn't have to declare cause not anywhere in the live profile are you required to declare your sexual orientation...although people have gone too far off in causing her get banned, she shouldn't have courted this in the first place by doing something extra...

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#107 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

That's really disappointing. Just because her choice of live style isn't whats considered "acceptable", she isn't allowed to do something she likes to and more importantly PAYS to? America still has a long way to go before we catch up with the rest of the civilized world.

Edit: Having read a few of the posts obviously people don't know about the first amendment. Freedom of speech allows you to state whatever you wish and moreover when creating your Live Profile it says it's use is to describe yourself. I think if she wanted to let other people know who she is and what she's about then she has a right as a human being to do so. You don't see myspace profiles or facebook profiles being banned for stating their orientation and they're all about social interaction. Offensive is a word ignorant people use to describe what they dont understand and are afraid of when it comes to sexual orientation.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#108 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts

America needs to grow up. I mean seriously.

"OH EHM GHEE A PERSON OF ANOTHER SEXUAL ORIENTATION!!! THEY MUST WANT TO RAPE MY CHILDREN TOOO!!! OH GOOD! MUST HARASS!!! MUST GET THEM REMOVED!!!"

Seriously, Which 40 year old virgin homophobe crapped their star wars underoos and decided Gays/Lesbians don't have a right to play online? This is one of those things that makes me want to make housecalls with an uglystick.

I mean we are talking about a day an age were being of another sexual orientation is not only becoming OK but becoming POPULAR...*I'm looking at you Emo guys who pretend your Bi for the ladies.*

I can't blame Microsoft for this. I can't. Know why? Because the magnitude of homophobes on XBL requires this form of action from Microsoft.

In the end of the day. What is Microsoft? A company. What do Companies like? Money. They love it so much actually they stretched into the gameworld to make money with Videogames.

Now, when this happens.

When a bunch of Stupid, Whiney, American (or whatever else they are) Homophobic Sloppy Behind-the-times peices of trash decide that someone who likes people with matching parts must be evil and hell bent on ruining their day.

When that happens.

Microsoft makes a choice. They think [Are we going to help out the minority in this situation, losing cash across the board as our less tasteful customers leave? or dive low and listen to these complainers to try and keep the most money possible?]

Guess what. Microsoft can't stand losing money. So the innocent has to go. I can't blame Microsoft. That would mean I blame greed and a love of money, which would make a lot of us hypocrites here.

I only blame the low IQ chunks of SLIME that can't let their balls drop long enough to realize that for a very long time now it has been perfectly acceptable to be of whatever damn sexuality you please.

XBL is proof that you can't give people anonimity and expect them to mingle.

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
Something tells me there's more to it then just that...
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#110 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="MuscleCarMan"]

That's really disappointing. Just because her choice of live style isn't whats considered "acceptable", she isn't allowed to do something she likes to and more importantly PAYS to? America still has a long way to go before we catch up with the rest of the civilized world.

Edit: Having read a few of the posts obviously people don't know about the first amendment. Freedom of speech allows you to state whatever you wish and moreover when creating your Live Profile it says it's use is to describe yourself. I think if she wanted to let other people know who she is and what she's about then she has a right as a human being to do so. You don't see myspace profiles or facebook profiles being banned for stating their orientation and they're all about social interaction. Offensive is a word ignorant people use to describe what they dont understand and are afraid of when it comes to sexual orientation.

thankyou, i knew i was right. yes microsoft has the right to ban you randomly, but it cannot be due to discrimination. banning her because she was a lesbian is like banning someone because of their race. They can excersise their authority but they must give a valid reason that isnt against the law, just because its a private service doesnt mean they are above the law
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 phynixblack
Something tells me there's more to it then just that...Scarface_tm431
Nah. If you play on any popualr XBL game, you hear the word F***ot maybe 50 times a match from each person IN the match. But the minute someone might be gay they explode into a HUGE shower of yelling, arguing and altogether stupidity. XBL might just be comparable to the Kay Kay Kay (refuses to give them the benefit of spelling their name right) the way some of those people greif online with racial and homosexual slurs. This is stuff that people would get shot for in a city. Seriously. IT is everything a person SHOULDN'T say jam packed with slang and the F word. I decided to greif halo matches once by telling the other players I am gay I was muted and I STILL receive hate messages from player who WEREN'T there in the match I said it in. It's amazing.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="qchazap"] i think that i can been banned if enough people complain about my profile even if i wrote there "Jesus saves"qchazap

if enough people complain, microsoft removes their brain and just listens to the majority, your bio could be empty and i still think microsoft would ban you

from xbox live terms of use:

In addition, your use of the Service is subject to your compliance with the Code of Conduct (www.xbox.com/en-us/live/codeofconduct.htm and its successors). You agree that we may also discontinue your access to the Service if you do any of the following while connected to the Service:

* Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;

* Publish, distribute, or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful content, topic, name, material, file, or information;

and why Gaywood was banned:

http://kotaku.com/5010324/microsoft-explains-gaywood-ban

since when is being a lesbian offensive? if she said she hated lesbians or gays, fine, but actually being a lesbian and proud of it? id love to know who finds that offensive. but if she elaborated on her sexual orientation (i think most people know where im heading) they have the right, but if she just had something like 'Im a lesbian', that is a little harsh
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 phynixblack
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="MuscleCarMan"]

thankyou, i knew i was right. yes microsoft has the right to ban you randomly, but it cannot be due to discrimination. banning her because she was a lesbian is like banning someone because of their race. They can excersise their authority but they must give a valid reason that isnt against the law, just because its a private service doesnt mean they are above the law

I still say the banning of Gays and LEsbians is directly related to Microsofts love of those strange little green papers. I seriously think that like maybe ^75% of XBL users must be a closet homophobe. Then 15% is an outright open homophobe. The poor folks left over are either discriminated against or stuck riding the ride. Someone is Gay Homophobes whine. Microsoft ponders what to do. Homophobes threaten to leave and take their cash with them. Microsoft realises the number of Homophobes that will leave definitely outnumbers the number of people the homophobes will want banned. Microsoft picks the evil choice. Microsoft loses ^9000 Karma. But hey, They unlocked an achievement for being the Scourge of Humanity right? They don't care so long as the sound of sweet sweet money never stops.
drgoth2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 drgoth2006
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
MS are **** pathetic tbh
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="phynixblack"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="MuscleCarMan"]

I still say the banning of Gays and LEsbians is directly related to Microsofts love of those strange little green papers. I seriously think that like maybe ^75% of XBL users must be a closet homophobe. Then 15% is an outright open homophobe. The poor folks left over are either discriminated against or stuck riding the ride. Someone is Gay Homophobes whine. Microsoft ponders what to do. Homophobes threaten to leave and take their cash with them. Microsoft realises the number of Homophobes that will leave definitely outnumbers the number of people the homophobes will want banned. Microsoft picks the evil choice. Microsoft loses ^9000 Karma. But hey, They unlocked an achievement for being the Scourge of Humanity right? They don't care so long as the sound of sweet sweet money never stops.

lol you used the word homophobe so many times, and nice fallout reference at the end :lol:
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Palantas

Having read a few of the posts obviously people don't know about the first amendment. Freedom of speech allows you to state whatever you wish and moreover when creating your Live Profile it says it's use is to describe yourself.

MuscleCarMan

Oh for Godssake... Before I just explain outright why you're mistaken here, let's see if you can figure it out yourself. Was someone arguing that legally, she shouldn't be allowed to state her sexual preferences? Was freedom of speech even the issue here? Does freedom of speech even have anything to do with private organizations censoring themselves? Should I be allowed to write descriptions of my sexual preferences all over the walls of your apartment?

You don't have to answer all those. They're just food for thought. See if you can figure out on your own why freedom of speech has nothing to do with this.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Palantas

yes microsoft has the right to ban you randomly, but it cannot be due to discrimination. banning her because she was a lesbian is like banning someone because of their race. They can excersise their authority but they must give a valid reason that isnt against the law, just because its a private service doesnt mean they are above the law

chaoscougar1

I just had this conversation with someone in this thread, and I don't think he knew what he was talking about. What exactly does the (American) law say on this issue?

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 phynixblack

lol you used the word homophobe so many times, and nice fallout reference at the end :lol:chaoscougar1

To put it honestly you can refer to those people as either Homophobes, what I beleive was the correct term unless my vocabulary came up as short as my overall I.Q.

Or you could go on a rant trying to remember all those really nasty insults you've heard over the years.

They are idiots. Whiners. Greifers. Cancer that is killing....errrrm...Gaming. Yeah, Gaming.

As long as the bad outnumbers the good, the bad wins. Because if the bad loses they go away, as is natural in the gamer world. Microsoft isn't gonna lose that much money without a fight.

If this many people honestly care. Sue Microsoft and have them FORCED to make the right choice. Then when the Homophobic fools whine, Microsoft can point at uncle sam's big bootprint on their a$$ that says "They can play too. Now Shut up and like it."

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#119 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
Depends on how she said it in her profile. If she just said. 'I'm a lesbian' then no, they weren't right. But if she said it in some kind of other manner that could be deemed by someone insensitive or offensive, then yes.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 phynixblack

[QUOTE="MuscleCarMan"]

Having read a few of the posts obviously people don't know about the first amendment. Freedom of speech allows you to state whatever you wish and moreover when creating your Live Profile it says it's use is to describe yourself.

Palantas

Oh for Godssake... Before I just explain outright why you're mistaken here, let's see if you can figure it out yourself. Was someone arguing that legally, she shouldn't be allowed to state her sexual preferences? Was freedom of speech even the issue here? Does freedom of speech even have anything to do with private organizations censoring themselves? Should I be allowed to write descriptions of my sexual preferences all over the walls of your apartment?

You don't have to answer all those. They're just food for thought. See if you can figure out on your own why freedom of speech has nothing to do with this.

That's interesting. None of that came to mind when I read that part of his post. Freedom of speech probably doesn't apply to XBL somehow. I don't know more then the next lazy couch potato.

Still, Microsoft gave one hell of a cold shoulder by letting people who can't except others win out. It seems extremely wrong. Especially now that things like that are supposed to be accepted all around.

Maybe someday this issue wont exist. I was born into a time when it doesn't make a difference what race you are. I never think about race at all making any life choices. Ideally someday my kids or grandkids (If the powers above see fit to punish this world in such a way) will be born in a situation were people have stopped worrying about gay or straight.

This seems like one of those issues were it finally boils down to 'Someday it'll stop. One can only hope.'

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]

yes microsoft has the right to ban you randomly, but it cannot be due to discrimination. banning her because she was a lesbian is like banning someone because of their race. They can excersise their authority but they must give a valid reason that isnt against the law, just because its a private service doesnt mean they are above the law

I just had this conversation with someone in this thread, and I don't think he knew what he was talking about. What exactly does the (American) law say on this issue?

i dont know the exact words, and i think the only people that would are law students and lawyers
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Palantas
I just read the exact wording on the case in 2000 that dealt with nearly this exact issue. The Supreme Court ruled that private clubs have the right to discriminate in choosing their membership, based on any arbitrary guidelines they choose. It's protected under the right to free association. I think people in this thread are confusing laws regarding hiring practices to laws regarding private clubs.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 phynixblack

I just read the exact wording on the case in 2000 that dealt with nearly this exact issue. The Supreme Court ruled that private clubs have the right to discriminate in choosing their membership, based on any arbitrary guidelines they choose. It's protected under the right to free association. I think people in this thread are confusing laws regarding hiring practices to laws regarding private clubs.Palantas

Nice find. Bit of a bummer for the innocent party.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#124 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Most people on xbox live are complete dumb ##$es. I just have everyone automatically muted and only get messages from people on my friend's list, except for friend requests. It's really nice because it just mutes all the little kids and even adults (ashamed to say) that think they're cool because they can make fun of people.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts
BS, those people reporting are either idiots(litte kids) or homophobic but mostly kids who just a wannabe vigalantte and complain what they dont know. they could be g@ys in the future too,BTW g@y have 2 meanings 1:happy 2:the homo stuff. lastly why kids are in XBL in muture games anyways?
DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#126 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
Wow who honestly cares if your gay or a lesbian. my step-brothers a homo-fob and he doesn't care if someone online is gay Some people just needs to grow up.
paulokoenigkam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#127 paulokoenigkam
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts
I wish I could see whatever was written in her gamertag, motto and bio. I mean, I'm a straight man, but if my motto was something like "I love to F*** P****!" (rhymes with LUCK and the another one is another word for "kitty") Would be worthy of a ban. Maybe she had something like that... Gamertags shouldn't be allowed any sexual, racist, or offensive words. In the case of the Gaywood named dude... Xbox live was the LEAST of his problems. Gaywood, seriously, if I were you, I'd have a family reunion and get new ideas for a last name. If I met him, I'd mock him a lot for it. He had it coming on him... the ban was actually a gift. He'll avoid people annoying him on live. Internet is very harsh on that.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#128 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
Basically MS knows they can't moderate every hate mail or hateful voice interchange the woman will receive, so instead of genuinely trying to clean up Xbox Live from the filth state it's in, they punish the people that are targetted by the idiots on Xbox Live. Great one. Effectively they're pandering to the mob mentality. But then money always ran the show.
DutchDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 DutchDoc
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

strange, it seems nowadays you'll get banned for anything you say... saying nagger (if you know what i mean) gets you banned, f*g, g*y or even if your name is naggerwood.

but the word microsoft doesn't seem to care about is the c word (cracker), there's so much racism against white people via slurs or naggertalk on LIVE but microsoft don't care because such racism is unjustified widely accepted around the world. Therefore if parents are concerned their children are listening to this naggertalk then why doesn't Microsoft simply ban them? owwwww... riiiiiiighhht, because that would be racist against black ppl for banning them because they speak their common language, yeah right

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 phynixblack
Basically MS knows they can't moderate every hate mail or hateful voice interchange the woman will receive, so instead of genuinely trying to clean up Xbox Live from the filth state it's in, they punish the people that are targetted by the idiots on Xbox Live. Great one. Effectively they're pandering to the mob mentality. But then money always ran the show.Hoobinator
Wow, you said what I said. Only you made it sound like a dirty conspiracy. Which is stupid. Look man... Microsoft is and always will do what it has to do to be a money making Business. Don't pretend your some valiant knight who would be on a crusade to stop evil if you ran that company. You would have the crusader mindset until the place started losing money. Then you would learn to be and ass really quick. I am not saying them descriiminating is right, but blaming Microsoft is the same as saying 'Money is bad'. It gets nothing done, and no one cares to hear it. Instead you should probably target people at fault. Homophobes and douchebags on Xbox Live, then shake your head and wag your finger at us people who are decent enough, but ignore, miss and make NO noise about this stuff to the people who need to hear it.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
This is what happens when a gaming network's banning/suspending system is automated. Utterly outrageous...
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 phynixblack

strange, it seems nowadays you'll get banned for anything you say... saying nagger (if you know what i mean) gets you banned, f*g, g*y or even if your name is naggerwood.

but the word microsoft doesn't seem to care about is the c word (cracker), there's so much racism against white people via slurs or naggertalk on LIVE but microsoft don't care because such racism is unjustified widely accepted around the world. Therefore if parents are concerned their children are listening to this naggertalk then why doesn't Microsoft simply ban them? owwwww... riiiiiiighhht, because that would be racist against black ppl for banning them because they speak their common language, yeah right

DutchDoc

The only thing that keeps me happy at night is knowing there are plenty of fires for you to die in my good sir. All jokes aside. Allow me to convey the feeling that your post made me RAGE so hard I think I might just be angry enough to beat Ninja Gaiden on the hardest difficulty with my toes.

You seem to miss what really happened here, you simply trailed off into some random thing. This girl got banned for specifying her sexuality on XboxLive. No 'N' work or the word 'Cracker'. Also, if you are bothered by 'Racism against whites'....grow up dude. If anything us whiteys are catching hell so the others can catch up to us racism wise. Seriously, shut the hell up about that.

Seriously. The racism against skin is old news man. Learn to ignore it and it is nothing. It is wether you LET it get to you. Just words man. These days it is the hate towards different sexualities carries all the weight to those involved as whites against black back in the slavery days.

HappyAppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 HappyAppe
Member since 2003 • 1543 Posts
Microsoft has every right to ban whoever they please. It is their service, and if you disagree with their policies you can leave at any point. The real issue here is how fellow Xbox Live gamers treated her. "Chasing" her from game to game and sending her derogatory messages nonstop is absolutely ridiculous. The Xbox Live community is full of immature little kids hopped up on sugar. The decent members need to make a stand and have those kids moderated.
corwinn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 corwinn01
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts
Well dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians.....:lol:
DutchDoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DutchDoc
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

So you too are saying that racism against whites is acceptable? No matter what, this topic subject was that of discrimination. Each form of discrimination seksist, racist, antisemist still exist and isn't old news at all even if you consider it's old news then you sir are ignorant. In Africa they yell that a black man now rules over the whites while they're simply ignorant to the fact that he's half WHITE (not old news). The glass isn't half full if it isn't half empty.

However directing to the assumption that only whites waged black slavery then you're wrong again, first blacks in the imperial age sold their own ppl first to white ppl because they used their own ppl already to serve for them. People like to forget that whites were once slaves too (called servants at that time to compensate any cruelty) and are accepting black minority with open arms while white minority is the future of this world. Hell, even blacks had white slaves at the start of the imperial age, dont believe me? watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugo1YxZWWJ8

im sorry to explain it to the core but when ppl are raged at what i said before i'd like to go further into the subject so ppl are going to be happy rather than to be enraged that they're going to play ninja gaiden :)

[QUOTE="DutchDoc"]

phynixblack

The only thing that keeps me happy at night is knowing there are plenty of fires for you to die in my good sir. All jokes aside. Allow me to convey the feeling that your post made me RAGE so hard I think I might just be angry enough to beat Ninja Gaiden on the hardest difficulty with my toes.

You seem to miss what really happened here, you simply trailed off into some random thing. This girl got banned for specifying her sexuality on XboxLive. No 'N' work or the word 'Cracker'. Also, if you are bothered by 'Racism against whites'....grow up dude. If anything us whiteys are catching hell so the others can catch up to us racism wise. Seriously, shut the hell up about that.

Seriously. The racism against skin is old news man. Learn to ignore it and it is nothing. It is wether you LET it get to you. Just words man. These days it is the hate towards different sexualities carries all the weight to those involved as whites against black back in the slavery days.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.vashkey
True and why would you write that in your profile anyway?
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
I wish I could see whatever was written in her gamertag, motto and bio. I mean, I'm a straight man, but if my motto was something like "I love to F*** P****!" (rhymes with LUCK and the another one is another word for "kitty") Would be worthy of a ban. Maybe she had something like that... Gamertags shouldn't be allowed any sexual, racist, or offensive words. In the case of the Gaywood named dude... Xbox live was the LEAST of his problems. Gaywood, seriously, if I were you, I'd have a family reunion and get new ideas for a last name. If I met him, I'd mock him a lot for it. He had it coming on him... the ban was actually a gift. He'll avoid people annoying him on live. Internet is very harsh on that.paulokoenigkam
I agree
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 phynixblack

So you too are saying that racism against whites is acceptable? No matter what, this topic subject was that of discrimination. Each form of discrimination seksist, racist, antisemist still exist and isn't old news at all even if you consider it's old news then you sir are ignorant. In Africa they yell that a black man now rules over the whites while they're simply ignorant to the fact that he's half WHITE (not old news). The glass isn't half full if it isn't half empty.

However directing to the assumption that only whites waged black slavery then you're wrong again, first blacks in the imperial age sold their own ppl first to white ppl because they used their own ppl already to serve for them. People like to forget that whites were once slaves too (called servants at that time to compensate any cruelty) and are accepting black minority with open arms while white minority is the future of this world. Hell, even blacks had white slaves at the start of the imperial age, dont believe me? watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugo1YxZWWJ8

im sorry to explain it to the core but when ppl are raged at what i said before i'd like to go further into the subject so ppl are going to be happy rather than to be enraged that they're going to play ninja gaiden :)

[QUOTE="phynixblack"][QUOTE="DutchDoc"]

DutchDoc

lol. The rage and fire part of my posts were mostly me giving you a hard time. But I found it interesting you felt that this was a situation warranting mention of racial hatred. You see, here online I mask the fact that I am an insecure gamer d00d who barely supports him and his girlfreind by being a giant flaming douchebag.

This seems like it had primarily been discussing the issue of homophobia online and discrimination over the many sexualities. You happened to mention Race and it caught my eye. Maybe I should instead inquire how you came to thinking race from all this? I am sure you could flash some youtube links at me or tell me of a similar case but I don't much go for that. (I will give the video a look when I am done with this hoever)

I guess I could be called ignorant. I am an 18 year old caucasian male. I catch the insults like cracker and all that stupid crap ALL the time. I hear it. But that word means nothing. It is literally the same as a brothah calling a brothah say 'nigra' or some of the many variations of the original racial slur that has been used in hip-hop music so much recently.

This word should not bother you. For that matter. No racial slur needs to bother anyone. I think whites, along with people of every other color gotta just do what the African American community did. Simply take the power out of the word. No you don't have to use the word in everyday speech. But if you don't let it weigh on you. It is worthless as an insult and people will stop seeing ad using it as one.

It isn't that I am ignorant so much as I refuse to give an insult that stupid any weight in my life. If you can't agree, I can respect that.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 phynixblack

Dear Gamers,

My brothers and sisters. Today a tragedy has struck the gaming world. The corporation Microsoft chose to damn our Gay and Lesbian brothers and sisters to a life of lies, or execution with the banhammer.

Well HEAR THIS. We must fight hatred like this if we wish for it to change. But first ask yourself if you care. If you can say out loud 'I am sick of discrimination', then we are all a step closer to a community online were gamers need not fear ridicule over their chosen sexuality.

We may not be able to take it to court. We may not be able to lift the bans.

But if you really care. thee is one option always open.

Yes, That's right my brothas and sistas.

PROOOTEST.

If you really give a flying hoot, then a cause must be made. A presence must be known. Strike out against those feeble minded who fear and win over by being the majority.

This cause can be carried out simply by including a phrase of support in ones Bio. I beleive this course of action could use some discussion.

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
That's BS. But the title is misleading. She didn't get banned because of M$'s ideals, she got banned due to M$'s faulty banning system.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 phynixblack
That's BS. But the title is misleading. She didn't get banned because of M$'s ideals, she got banned due to M$'s faulty banning system.-eddy-
If the banning system doesn't follow M$'s ideals, whose does it follow?
MJ_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MJ_SPARTAN
Member since 2009 • 91 Posts
Yeah, it sucks for her, but if it is offensive to other players then Microsoft did the right thing. It's not worth taking her over like the 20 or so who found it offensive and as soon as the story came out more people would know about it. That's like asking someone to take a $5 over a $100. For them business wise it makes sense, but it's not fair that she can't express herself. As for the kids that were harassing her they need to be suspended or banned because they have no right to do that.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 phynixblack
Yeah, it sucks for her, but if it is offensive to other players then Microsoft did the right thing. It's not worth taking her over like the 20 or so who found it offensive and as soon as the story came out more people would know about it. That's like asking someone to take a $5 over a $100. For them business wise it makes sense, but it's not fair that she can't express herself. As for the kids that were harassing her they need to be suspended or banned because they have no right to do that.MJ_SPARTAN
Agreed. Harassment is harassment.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts
If she was dumb enough to put that in her Bio, then she deserves it. Seriously, the majority of us don't put our sexual orientation in there, do we?
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#145 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Many of these online games are filled with an incredible amount of violence, yet people get offended by someone letting others know she's a lesbian. The people who would get offended over that are idiots. wituckius
I think they're only offended by the fact that when asked if they could watch, she turned them down and beat them in the game. ;) It's envy, basically.
InnocentThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 InnocentThief
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts
Well, some of you who claim people aren't reading the article properly, you are in fact the ones not reading it properly. It says she was banned because she identified herself as a lesbian in her PROFILE, not her gamertag. It has nothing to do with her gamertag. And it's not about whether MS has the RIGHT to ban her for saying she's a lesbian. No one's disputing their RIGHT to do it. It's the fact that they actually consider the word 'lesbian' offensive. And to those of you saying she shouldn't be putting it in her profile because it's irrelevant to gaming, so is soo many of the other stuff in people's profiles. Do I really care what city you're from? What your favorite game or movie quote is? Your age or race? You're surely say "Well, those are all ways to identify yourself with other gamers. If you play Halo or GoW online, or wanna meet others from your country or state, you jsut go to people's profile and communicate with em." Well, what if gays wanna communicate with each other and play games together? Same as Canadians, South Americans, Lebanese, or any other people enjoy playing with people that are form the same place of background. And don't be ignorant. The majority of those kids with parents saying they don't want their children seeing that stuff on XBL are swearing like sailors. XBL is such a ridiculous community. The only game I've played online without any dimwits coming in the game is Endwar. Bottom line, MS has the right to ban people, but it's the fact that saying you're a lesbian or gay is considered 'inappropriate' by them, furthering the social stigma against this group in society.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#147 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

So you too are saying that racism against whites is acceptable?

DutchDoc
What do you expect when they started it? :p Karma has a funny way of keeping those checks and balances.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
[QUOTE="-eddy-"]That's BS. But the title is misleading. She didn't get banned because of M$'s ideals, she got banned due to M$'s faulty banning system.phynixblack

The ideals of a system that handles several million players, I'm afraid. There is no time to review every trolled complaint. So they are using the logic: if a person gets enough complaints they probably aren't all from trolls. I don't condone this, but that's how it goes.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 phynixblack
[QUOTE="codezer0"][QUOTE="DutchDoc"]

So you too are saying that racism against whites is acceptable?

What do you expect when they started it? :p Karma has a funny way of keeping those checks and balances.

I lol'd
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 phynixblack
[QUOTE="phynixblack"][QUOTE="-eddy-"]That's BS. But the title is misleading. She didn't get banned because of M$'s ideals, she got banned due to M$'s faulty banning system.-eddy-

The ideals of a system that handles several million players, I'm afraid. There is no time to review every trolled complaint. So they are using the logic: if a person gets enough complaints they probably aren't all from trolls. I don't condone this, but that's how it goes.

It is a damn shame. Too bad it is obvious M$ is not gonna realize what happened and right the wrong. Any and all who cares are too busy arguing in thread like this to actually make something happen.