Lesbian gets banned from Xbox Live

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#351 KorruptRaiden
Member since 2008 • 878 Posts
Id rather play with a leso, at least they are interesting to talk to, why cant they just ban all little kids and let the lesbians play hahaha
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#352 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts

Has Ms Cortana chimed in on this thread yet?

I'm not suggesting she's a lesbian or anything...but I'm sure she'd have a good opinion on the matter :P

KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 KorruptRaiden

Has Ms Cortana chimed in on this thread yet?

I'm not suggesting she's a lesbian or anything...but I'm sure she'd have a good opinion on the matter :P

Dredg11
She digged the chief, we all know that.
Avatar image for sharpshooter188
sharpshooter188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 sharpshooter188
Member since 2003 • 4368 Posts
Im just one for freedom of speech. Be it bashing orientation or whatever. However I see both sides of the argument here. I just....well to put bluntly i ...dont really care too much. People came down on me HARD because i was thinking about voting yes on prop 8 (i ended up not voting actually cause i got lazy) but this is a different story. Its microsofts grounds. Im not fond of censorship AT ALL. Microsoft should not of banned her due to some stuff some other people said. She wasnt gloating about her orientation online. It was just on her tag and other people found something to harrass her about. Im sure it was orcheastrated by 1 or 2 guys and then got their friends in on it to complain.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#355 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
I think they should instead put more focus on the racism on LIVE.Tjeremiah1988
Definitely.
GamerankingsUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 GamerankingsUK
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.vashkey

Yeah..what the hell is wrong with her?

Nice site by the way.8)

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 XFilthX
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

With all the stuff you see on people's profiles and what they SAY during games, someone saying their gay or a lesbian is the least of my worries.

As a matter of fact, I saw someone last night online with Gaymer in their name. Didn't care. Just chuckled a bit to myself.

Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#358 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
Whoa.. what next?
GamerankingsUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 GamerankingsUK
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

[QUOTE="therapyhiccup"]how are the words gay and lesbian offensive...?what's next, banning people based on their religion? cuz some people are offended by other ideals.*rolls eyes at world*Unassigned
Yes many of us do find it offensive, it's called an "opinion" which is not illegal.

I take it you hate gays? Yes we have a right to say what they do is disgusting it's are opinion, just like other peoples opinions say it's ok...how do you think that makes us feel? And it was the peoples opinion online to say that there children shoulden't see that. And no and child should not see a women going around online calling herself a ****

She should keep it to herself!

djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#360 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
lol pwned
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts
Im just one for freedom of speech. Be it bashing orientation or whatever. However I see both sides of the argument here. I just....well to put bluntly i ...dont really care too much. People came down on me HARD because i was thinking about voting yes on prop 8 (i ended up not voting actually cause i got lazy) but this is a different story. Its microsofts grounds. Im not fond of censorship AT ALL. Microsoft should not of banned her due to some stuff some other people said. She wasnt gloating about her orientation online. It was just on her tag and other people found something to harrass her about. Im sure it was orcheastrated by 1 or 2 guys and then got their friends in on it to complain. sharpshooter188
She broke the Terms of Agreement by putting sexually related info in her public bio. Banning her was well within Microsoft's rights.
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 Unassigned

[QUOTE="Unassigned"][QUOTE="therapyhiccup"]how are the words gay and lesbian offensive...?what's next, banning people based on their religion? cuz some people are offended by other ideals.*rolls eyes at world*GamerankingsUK

Yes many of us do find it offensive, it's called an "opinion" which is not illegal.

I take it you hate gays? Yes we have a right to say what they do is disgusting it's are opinion, just like other peoples opinions say it's ok...how do you think that makes us feel? And it was the peoples opinion online to say that there children shoulden't see that. And no and child should not see a women going around online calling herself a ****

Hate them? No, just find it disgusting. My opinion.
XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 XFilthX

$50 says that if I put that I'm straight in my Xbox LIVE profile, no one's gonna say a word.

XFilthX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 XFilthX

[QUOTE="GamerankingsUK"]

[QUOTE="Unassigned"] Yes many of us do find it offensive, it's called an "opinion" which is not illegal.Unassigned

So many people are proud of so many different things.

Some people are proud of being a certain ethnicity, so they flaunt it in their Gamertag/profile.

Some people are proud of being a certain style, whether it be jock, ghetto, goth, punk, whatever, so they do that.

But when someone is proud (or even just NOT ASHAMED) of being a lesbian, there's a big uproar.

And besides, it seems to me that Microsoft added the Bio and Location entries to your profile so you can put information about yourself, so if anything, they should have seen this coming.

Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Unassigned
[QUOTE="XFilthX"]

[QUOTE="Unassigned"][QUOTE="GamerankingsUK"]

So many people are proud of so many different things.

Some black people are proud of being a certain ethnicity, so they flaunt it in their Gamertag/profile.

Some people are proud of being a certain style, whether it be jock, ghetto, goth, punk, whatever, so they do that.

But when someone is proud (or even just NOT ASHAMED) of being a lesbian, there's a big uproar.

And besides, it seems to me that Microsoft added the Bio and Location entries to your profile so you can put information about yourself, so if anything, they should have seen this coming.

She broke the Terms of Agreement by putting sexually related info in her public bio. Banning her was well within Microsoft's rights.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#367 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Has Ms Cortana chimed in on this thread yet? I'm not suggesting she's a lesbian or anything...but I'm sure she'd have a good opinion on the matter :P

Dredg11

This issue was discussed on a private forum of which she is a member.

Avatar image for BabycakesOMGLOL
BabycakesOMGLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 BabycakesOMGLOL
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts
Wow, I just looked this up. And all I can do is laugh.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Palantas

I found an update on this overat IGN. Several days ago, Microsoft responded:

As stated in the Xbox Live Terms of Use, a member may not create a gamertag or use text in other profile fields that include comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate content of a potentially sexual nature. Profiles that do are asked to change the language and suspended until changes are made. In regards to sexual orientation, for gamertags or profiles we do not allow expression of any type of orientation, be that hetero or other. Players can, however, self identify in voice communication where context is more easily explained to all players involved.

Harassment of any kind is not condoned and is taken very seriously; we strongly encourage Xbox Live members to immediately report inappropriate behavior through the compliant tools in the service so that it can be investigated and the appropriate action taken.

The Xbox Live community grows daily, and we continue to explore methods and levels of enforcement to enhance the ways our members connect and have fun, while adhering to a code of conduct that encourages respect and keeps the service safe and fun for all our members.

Microsoft

They don't seem to be keen on changing their policies.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#371 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

im really shocked that so many people find this offensive and i would like to know why? religous? parents upbringing? theres just so many things wrong and ironic with not accepting gays and lesbians its really not funny. and :lol: for parents getting angry at the word 'lesbian', granted i wouldnt want my kid to google it, but if they are infact on xbox live then they should be old enough to objectively evaluate whats happening around them without immature interference. and if parents have their kids in the room while playing xbox live, then if you dont want them seeing/hearing what goes on, do your job and remove them from the room. it seems that parents are extremely good and passing their own mistakes onto someone else

Lilyungblood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Lilyungblood08
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

i dont think its rights for microsoft to do that. but didnt the person break the terms for live?

Triplekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 Triplekill
Member since 2005 • 504 Posts

i dont think its rights for microsoft to do that. but didnt the person break the terms for live?

Lilyungblood08
Yeah listan to Majornelson podcast and you will hear all about it. They explain why and all that.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Dredg11

Oh for the love of god, let this thread/subject die.

This is old news, and the horse has been beaten to death.

Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Unassigned

im really shocked that so many people find this offensive and i would like to know why? religous? parents upbringing? theres just so many things wrong and ironic with not accepting gays and lesbians its really not funny. and :lol: for parents getting angry at the word 'lesbian', granted i wouldnt want my kid to google it, but if they are infact on xbox live then they should be old enough to objectively evaluate whats happening around them without immature interference. and if parents have their kids in the room while playing xbox live, then if you dont want them seeing/hearing what goes on, do your job and remove them from the room. it seems that parents are extremely good and passing their own mistakes onto someone else

chaoscougar1
You state "theres just so many things wrong and ironic with not accepting gays and lesbians"..... Have you ever heard of the word "opinion"?? Opinions have no right or wrong, they're just opinions. What's truly wrong is people like you who think that a persons right to express or to have an OPINION is wrong. Do you accept the gay lifestyle? Great, good for you..... Does John Doe accept the gay lifestyle, No. Great good for him.
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 KorruptRaiden

Dredg11
Your telling me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
deactivated-5c37d3adcd094

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 deactivated-5c37d3adcd094
Member since 2006 • 8362 Posts
[QUOTE="Dredg11"]

KorruptRaiden
Your telling me.

If you truely wanted the thread to die, you wouldn't post in it..
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 Dredg11

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"][QUOTE="Dredg11"]

kamikaze_pigmy

Your telling me.

If you truely wanted the thread to die, you wouldn't post in it..

No, I'm just hoping a mod will lock it up.

Thanks for the 2 cents though. I'll put it towards my coffee tomorrow morning. ;)

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Palantas

Why would the mods lock this? If you feel it's off topic, then report it.

Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 Dredg11

Why would the mods lock this? If you feel it's off topic, then report it.

Palantas

I don't feel it's off topic. I just think everything that's been needed to be said has been said about 100 times over.

Yes, freedom of speech, etc..etc. But if a T & C says you can't put sexually related things in your bio, you can't. It's that simple. The only reason this thread has any legs is because it has the word "lesbian" in it.

If it were a guy who put something sexually explicit about loving men or women in their profile, and got banned, there wouldn't even be a discussion.

df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

If the story being told is all there is to it (meaning nothing was left out), then that sucks. There's a chance there's more to the story. Do we even know if this story is definitely true?

Atomic_Bacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#383 Atomic_Bacon
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
I am not gay and I don't know anyone who is, personaly I could care less if someone is gay or not. But that is a load of BS and I would be pissed if it happened to me. Whats next. Are people with AIDS infecting the internet by saying they have AIDS? I don't see how this is offensive at all, but once again the the mojority is persuading the company, if she took this to court I don't know what would happen... People have sued Kellogs for leaving pop tarts in thier toaster and having their house burn down.
KorruptRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 KorruptRaiden
This forum is for xbox 360 discussion, not lesbian discussion, let this die, obviously most of you dont understand the rules and regulations that microsoft has put out, she broke the rules of agreement and got what she knew was coming.
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#385 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
My heart just dropped a few inches. Thats just so wrong, what do we live in, The Stone Age? How about those people that offended her? How about those people that always have F-Bombs in their bios? How about the messed up kids running around having squeaky swearing contests on Halo 3? She has my sympathy, its like saying your straight in your motto, and Microsoft comes along and says "Hey man, sexual prefernce is really offensive, we're gonna have to unleash the banhammer." Have we lost right to free speech altogether? Oh wait, we lost half our freedoms ages ago.
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 Unassigned
I am not gay and I don't know anyone who is, personaly I could care less if someone is gay or not. But that is a load of BS and I would be pissed if it happened to me. Whats next. Are people with AIDS infecting the internet by saying they have AIDS? I don't see how this is offensive at all, but once again the the mojority is persuading the company, if she took this to court I don't know what would happen... People have sued Kellogs for leaving pop tarts in thier toaster and having their house burn down.Atomic_Bacon
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 Unassigned
My heart just dropped a few inches. Thats just so wrong, what do we live in, The Stone Age? How about those people that offended her? How about those people that always have F-Bombs in their bios? How about the messed up kids running around having squeaky swearing contests on Halo 3? She has my sympathy, its like saying your straight in your motto, and Microsoft comes along and says "Hey man, sexual prefernce is really offensive, we're gonna have to unleash the banhammer." Have we lost right to free speech altogether? Oh wait, we lost half our freedoms ages ago.tktomo01
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#388 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Well, first off having the word gay in your gamer tag is kinda of inappropriate. Just like having any other sex related term. I doubt we're getting the full story here. Regardless why would this person be going around talking about their sexual orientation anyway? It is inappropriate. We'll never probably get a proper story. This is just going to be over blown and everyone will think of it as prejudice. Only looking at this in one angle.vashkey
I agree with your one side stance. The funny thing to me is society separates those who date in the same gender by calling them Gay/Lesbians. Sex regardless of who you do it with is something you do. Not something you are. So society "identifies " them and when they choose to embrace these monikers then it's offensive? If who you have sex with is your business why call them anything but human beings?
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#389 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
And give me a break about protecting the kids from this. Let your kids know there are people that prefer their own gender. Your kid will or won't based on there own make up not a gamertag influence.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Palantas

This forum is for xbox 360 discussion, not lesbian discussion, let this die, obviously most of you dont understand the rules and regulations that microsoft has put out, she broke the rules of agreement and got what she knew was coming.

KorruptRaiden

When in all your years of forum-ing has bumping a topic by saying "Just let it die" actually made the thread die?

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#391 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]If I were this individual, I would absolutely, 100% try to take Microsoft to court. They would settle, and then I would use the money to buy a [QUOTE="Omni-Wrath"]

Good.

She shouldn't post around " I am teh lesbian"

I don't see Straight people posting " I am straight."

She would lose against Microsoft too. They have the best lawyers ever. What was the need to put your sexual prefrence on it anyway?

Did we need to know she was Lesbian?

She deserved it.

The thing is, the 'offended' parties were most likely bothered as the result of their religious convictions. Why should a bunch of bible-thumping haters get the pass while one harmless lesbian is burned at the stake? *(Metaphorically, of course.)

I just lol'd at Omni-wrath's post because I am a total douchebag. I will now be posting 'I am straight' in my profile. Just to see if I get reported.
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#392 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts
[QUOTE="Palantas"]

[QUOTE="KorruptRaiden"]

When in all your years of forum-ing has bumping a topic by saying "Just let it die" actually made the thread die?

Oh lordy Palantas! Didn't you know? He has the pull to order the interwebz to stop posting. How dare you question his importance.......lol
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#393 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I'm with MS.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Palantas

Oh lordy Palantas! Didn't you know? He has the pull to order the interwebz to stop posting. How dare you question his importance.......lol

phynixblack

I must have missed that memo. :oops: