The Starcraft 2 Thread - Keep all discussion in here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#201 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Please let us new guys have a shot at this game online.......dont take over the beginner online modes just to stamp us out.

Videodogg

Amen to that. I am new also, I never played the first and just now got this second. If you are ever up for it we could get together and play and work on our newbieness lol. Just to let you know my skill level, I played on a guest pass last night and played a scrim VS AI and the AI was on easy, I still got my butt whooped lol.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Get on the Campaign now! Its amazing bud! Also teaches you how to use the new units along the way to, very awesome

kozzy1234

Yea I'm very excited about it! I'm saving that baby for the weekend! :D

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#203 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
I will not be touching the online portion, except when i play with friends against the AI. Im too damn slow :P still im having a blast with the game.
Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

I hate threads...some people get skipped and ignored...and if we were to make a new topic some1 will say post it in thread n lock it

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#205 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
How's the game so far?! I'm crazy excited; buying it this weekend. :D
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#206 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

How's the game so far?! I'm crazy excited; buying it this weekend. :DchrisrooR

Soooo sick, im about 11 hours into the campaign and boy is it a treat!

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#207 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

What difficulty you playing on kozzy1234? I have to say, Brutal is so nice. I'm literally not keeping enough APM (though I am still rusty) and the AI is beating me through tactics instead of cheap stuff like more money or something. Its been a great challenge to go with the very nice story and single play experience.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 kozzy1234

What difficulty you playing on kozzy1234? I have to say, Brutal is so nice. I'm literally not keeping enough APM (though I am still rusty) and the AI is beating me through tactics instead of cheap stuff like more money or something. Its been a great challenge to go with the very nice story and single play experience.

jedikevin2

Tried some Normal and Hard :D

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#212 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Only problem is that you don't get the same units from the campaign in the multiplayer but I guess Blizzard had their reasons to keep matches balanced.

That is why the campaign is a MUST. Very unique research and upgrades which makes it replayable.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Anyone have a trial code.

Never been really big on RTS but this one looks awesome

Avatar image for LiquidOcelot145
LiquidOcelot145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 LiquidOcelot145
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
really guys, can we be honest here? think about this, this game took 11 years to make from its predecessor. now at the time, both star craft and blizzard with are the top of the RTS market. but after playing the beta and trying it out on the room mates computer, i am surprised so many people have fallen to another "scheme" by blizzard. seriously, think about this. if you look at some of todays modern PC gaming such as crysis, or Demigod, Warhammer dawn of war 2, the graphics, gameplay, terrain and AI are almost all outdated by 6-7 years by todays PC standards. blizzard could have released this game 3 after the first and it would have performed EXACTLY the same. the only reason why its out now is so blizzard can clear them out off the warehouses to make room for Cataclysm. i;m not saying its not a good game, but really, with a 11 year waiting time, there is no way blizzard can be proud of this game. i know for all the fanboys out there who may not want to hear this, but blizzard is dead, and has been for a long time. all i;m asking of this community is think "was this really worth 11 years?"
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#215 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
really guys, can we be honest here? think about this, this game took 11 years to make from its predecessor. now at the time, both star craft and blizzard with are the top of the RTS market. but after playing the beta and trying it out on the room mates computer, i am surprised so many people have fallen to another "scheme" by blizzard. seriously, think about this. if you look at some of todays modern PC gaming such as crysis, or Demigod, Warhammer dawn of war 2, the graphics, gameplay, terrain and AI are almost all outdated by 6-7 years by todays PC standards. blizzard could have released this game 3 after the first and it would have performed EXACTLY the same. the only reason why its out now is so blizzard can clear them out off the warehouses to make room for Cataclysm. i;m not saying its not a good game, but really, with a 11 year waiting time, there is no way blizzard can be proud of this game. i know for all the fanboys out there who may not want to hear this, but blizzard is dead, and has been for a long time. all i;m asking of this community is think "was this really worth 11 years?" LiquidOcelot145
Um yea you keep thinking that. I never played the first and am no fanboy of this game, but you are 100% wrong. I have never played such a polished, fantastic, enjoyable game in a while. A game that I have a blast with while I get my butt kicked is nothing but epic.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#216 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Worth the 'wait' really, the game is fantastic.

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

No one have a code?

Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#218 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

The campaign is getting even better.I'm on my 9th or so mission, and I can only describe my experience in a ranting manner it's just so awesome and hard to put into words.

But part of what's so great is that every mission has its own set of unique and cool gameplay mechanics that basically make them their own mini-games built from Starcraft's in-depth and balanced RTS framework. It never feels like the typical RTS mission where you kill x y z.

And now for more ranting, there's alsothe uber cool side mission that just stands by itself where you get to play as the Protoss Dark Templar Zeratul. I just can't describe howgreat it is in gameplay, cinema, and atmosphere. His mission raised the story standard of RTS's so much it's not even funny. I'm hoping it was his first of atleast a few more.

If you haven't gotten SC 2 yet, do yourself a favor and get it now and change your definition of what's really Quality.

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#219 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Starcraft II hit the top of all games on metacritic with a 9.8.

Of course, that's going to change soon, when all the critics send in their review.

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Same_Jeans_On
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

Will I have Guest passes? I downloaded the game from battle.net. And if I do, how do I access them.

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

[QUOTE="LiquidOcelot145"]really guys, can we be honest here? think about this, this game took 11 years to make from its predecessor. now at the time, both star craft and blizzard with are the top of the RTS market. but after playing the beta and trying it out on the room mates computer, i am surprised so many people have fallen to another "scheme" by blizzard. seriously, think about this. if you look at some of todays modern PC gaming such as crysis, or Demigod, Warhammer dawn of war 2, the graphics, gameplay, terrain and AI are almost all outdated by 6-7 years by todays PC standards. blizzard could have released this game 3 after the first and it would have performed EXACTLY the same. the only reason why its out now is so blizzard can clear them out off the warehouses to make room for Cataclysm. i;m not saying its not a good game, but really, with a 11 year waiting time, there is no way blizzard can be proud of this game. i know for all the fanboys out there who may not want to hear this, but blizzard is dead, and has been for a long time. all i;m asking of this community is think "was this really worth 11 years?" millerlight89
Um yea you keep thinking that. I never played the first and am no fanboy of this game, but you are 100% wrong. I have never played such a polished, fantastic, enjoyable game in a while. A game that I have a blast with while I get my butt kicked is nothing but epic.

Yeah I'm also having a blast with the game, even though I still get my butt kicked playing the computer on medium:( I played the first Starcraft but didn't play it long enough too get good at it. I just knew the basics. If there's any new players, or anyone who doesn't mind playing with a noob, pm me.

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#222 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
Should I get the Collector's Edition? Is it worth it?
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#223 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Should I get the Collector's Edition? Is it worth it? k0r3aN_pR1d3

Just get the Game! :D well go look whats inside the CE and decide for yourself, I didn't really wanted those Stuff so i went with the normal Edition. But im sure as hell gonna get the Diablo 3 CE :P

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#224 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts

[QUOTE="k0r3aN_pR1d3"]Should I get the Collector's Edition? Is it worth it? Tuzolord

Just get the Game! :D well go look whats inside the CE and decide for yourself, I didn't really wanted those Stuff so i went with the normal Edition. But im sure as hell gonna get the Diablo 3 CE :P

I hate feeling "deficient" and I hate even more a higher price tag :P It's just that I preordered a regular edition but it is unfortunately "gone", so was wondering if I should redeem myself and get the Collector's edition.
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#225 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts

Waiting for the GOLD or GOTY edition with all 3 campaigns for my £40, like I got with my first Starcraft purchase. I don;t care what people say, Starcraft was so good, this second one can only be a graphic/camera upgrade along with a new story.

Also, has anyone noticed on Gamespot's PC page, how bare it would be if you took comic.com and Starcraft 2 out? The PC gaming cupboard is looking pretty threadbare....! :(

Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 Same_Jeans_On

Will I have Guest passes? I downloaded the game from battle.net. And if I do, how do I access them.

Same_Jeans_On
Someone please answer my question:)
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

Waiting for the GOLD or GOTY edition with all 3 campaigns for my £40, like I got with my first Starcraft purchase. I don;t care what people say, Starcraft was so good, this second one can only be a graphic/camera upgrade along with a new story.

Also, has anyone noticed on Gamespot's PC page, how bare it would be if you took comic.com and Starcraft 2 out? The PC gaming cupboard is looking pretty threadbare....! :(

Humorguy_basic
it looks about the same as any other platforms page... what do you expect?
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Does anyone else feel like these discussion threads pretty much kill discussion regarding whatever game the thread is about? KHAndAnime

I completely agree, with ever tom, dick and harry here asking "can my computer run this?", "what ix X feature supposed to be", "SP campaign is way too short" yada yada. Really makes the thread pointless. That's sort of the point of being able to make multiple threads so you don't have messes like this. ;)

bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts

It's so awesome I can't stop playing!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="Same_Jeans_On"]

Same_Jeans_On

I think only the retail versions of Starcraft2 have the free WOW and free Starcraft2 cards.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#231 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

It's so awesome I can't stop playing!

bloodling

Me too! A couple of friends and I have been playing tons of 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4, it's insane. Win or lose, it's still fun.

And the single-player campaign is great. Always a turning point.

Bamurdead4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Bamurdead4
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
HELP NOVA OR HELP TOSH? which should i help. If i help tosh I get specters and if I help nova I get ghosts. HELP ME CHOOSE!
Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts
Hey guys! I just dropped in to say that this game is f*cking sweet. I didn't play the first one. That is all.
visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#234 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

[QUOTE="Same_Jeans_On"][QUOTE="Same_Jeans_On"]

kozzy1234

I think only the retail versions of Starcraft2 have the free WOW and free Starcraft2 cards.

Well crap I would have liked to let some people try SCII.
Humorguy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#235 Humorguy_basic
Member since 2002 • 2342 Posts

All over You Tube and other sites Starcraft 2 has already started to be called Starcraft, so anothr classic game is going to disappear in a year or so. Same with the new X-Com shooter, in a year when you ask if people like X-Com they'll be saying 'I wish it wasn't in 3D and a shooter'. Companies should be more intelligetn about there naming of follow-up's or re-makes!

PigJiggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 PigJiggin
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts

HELP NOVA OR HELP TOSH? which should i help. If i help tosh I get specters and if I help nova I get ghosts. HELP ME CHOOSE!Bamurdead4

Help Tosh. I don't want to say anything to give away any of the story, but it's definitely the better choice.

Oh, and when you get to it, choose Protoss over the scientist lady.

Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="Bamurdead4"]HELP NOVA OR HELP TOSH? which should i help. If i help tosh I get specters and if I help nova I get ghosts. HELP ME CHOOSE!PigJiggin

Help Tosh. I don't want to say anything to give away any of the story, but it's definitely the better choice.

Oh, and when you get to it, choose Protoss over the scientist lady.

why protoss over scientist lady ? ur gonna let ur people die just because your afraid of protoss , no man dat would be lame and protoss vs scientist are way before tosh vs nova !
Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts
I'm looking for teammates that don't suck. KingKrazy quikstar@gmail.com
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Same_Jeans_On

I'm looking for teammates that don't suck. KingKrazy quikstar@gmail.comLevrar
I'd play with you, or anyone. I kinda...ish...don't suck...too badly...

My name: SameJeansOn

Character code: 391

Everyone feel free to add me, I'm up for playign anything.

Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts

[QUOTE="Levrar"]I'm looking for teammates that don't suck. KingKrazySame_Jeans_On

I'd play with you, or anyone. I kinda...ish...don't suck...too badly...

My name: SameJeansOn

Character code: 391

Everyone feel free to add me, I'm up for playign anything.

Skill level doesn't really matter, just want to play with people who don't quit in the middle of games.
Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

SAME HERE I WANT TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE

ANYONE...I CAN HOLD MY OWN

IM Fugazii

code 515

Latkingz781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Latkingz781
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Does anyone have a starcraft 2 guest pass they are will to give me? :( I am getting the game next week after I get paid, but unfortunately until then... unless I get a guest pass... I won't be able to play.

So please, if someone would be kind enough, please give me a guest pass.

California74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 California74
Member since 2002 • 426 Posts

i have a question about Starcraft 2..... does the combat take place mostly in space, on other planets or on big spaceships?

Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

i have a question about Starcraft 2..... does the combat take place mostly in space, on other planets or on big spaceships?

California74

On planets, Xel Naga derelict spaceship, on space platform where you can see planets in the background.

About the planets: They range from junk planet, megalopolis planet, volcanic planet, jungle moon, etc...

This game is one of the most varied game art wise.

California74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 California74
Member since 2002 • 426 Posts

[QUOTE="California74"]

Ravenchrome

On planets, Xel Naga derelict spaceship, on space platform where you can see planets in the background.

About the planets: They range from junk planet, megalopolis planet, volcanic planet, jungle moon, etc...

This game is one of the most varied game art wise.

To quote my friend Kozzy....... AWESOME!! cant wait to get it

mdraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#246 mdraven
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

I got mine yesterday, the standard addition . I brought it for 80$ only just started playing but when I close the game it freezes whats up with that . I love WC3 and hope this is in the same league . It should be

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

I am planning on getting a MacBook. I dont have a capable PC and need a laptop with excellent battery life for school. How well does a new MAC run SC2? Can I play with PC players? Can I run GFX well? Perform well?

I'd like a PC laptop capable of running some games well but battery life sucks for near all of them and I need to focus on school. I've never played SC before but really want to try this one out. I liked RTS games like AoM and AoE.

Thank you.

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

I got mine yesterday, the standard addition . I brought it for 80$ only just started playing but when I close the game it freezes whats up with that . I love WC3 and hope this is in the same league . It should be

mdraven
Excluding Nostalgia, Starcraft 2 is leagues ahead of Warcraft 3.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

I am planning on getting a MacBook. I dont have a capable PC and need a laptop with excellent battery life for school. How well does a new MAC run SC2? Can I play with PC players? Can I run GFX well? Perform well?

I'd like a PC laptop capable of running some games well but battery life sucks for near all of them and I need to focus on school. I've never played SC before but really want to try this one out. I liked RTS games like AoM and AoE.

Thank you.

Alpha-Male22

I can't say for sure, but you should be able to play it on your native res (1280x800 I assume) with acceptable frame rates with most settings at medium.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Wow....this game. I've got to hand it to Blizzard. I dont even like RTS games typically, but this has been an amazing experience so far. Its got me re-interested in the RTS genre but I have a feeling I will be disapointed after going from SC2 to the other options.