The Starcraft 2 Thread - Keep all discussion in here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

I am amazed at how effective, and well enforced, this sticky is. :P

I'm hoping to pick up SC2 sometime down the road. I'm waiting to see peoples opinion on the storyline, since that's mostly what I'd be playing it for.

rushisurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 rushisurf
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

so quick question looking over at the minimum requirements it says broadband internet connection so does that mean you can't play single player offline or can you?

manny020

Yes, you have to have an internet connection to play the single player campaign. I got suckered into buying this game and didn't notice the tiny print on the lower right corner of the box that says, "Internet Connection Required."

This is a new low for Blizzard. I can't believe this at all, I supported everything they did from the very first Warcraft game and now I'm just completely disappointed.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#103 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Played it for a few, really liking it and it runs very smooth on ultra.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
guest pass make me happy. But i dont think ill be able to complete the campaign in that time frame.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#105 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="manny020"]

so quick question looking over at the minimum requirements it says broadband internet connection so does that mean you can't play single player offline or can you?

rushisurf

Yes, you have to have an internet connection to play the single player campaign. I got suckered into buying this game and didn't notice the tiny print on the lower right corner of the box that says, "Internet Connection Required."

This is a new low for Blizzard. I can't believe this at all, I supported everything they did from the very first Warcraft game and now I'm just completely disappointed.

:? Isnt playing as a guest technically offline mode?
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#106 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="manny020"]

rushisurf

:roll:

That´s nonsense.

You can play the campaign offline,just start the game,enter your account name and select offline mode.

Internet conection is required only to register the game and to use the battle.net.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#107 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Awesome game is awesome 8)

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#108 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Ive got a guess pass if any one needs one send me a tell..The other im using for a friend..

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#109 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Is the digital download actually $60 US from battle.net? It was $60 CAD in most stores, so I thought it'd be $50 US online :o

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Nagru

To any other Canadians reading this, Dell.ca has SC2 up for $54 and free shipping! It's not much, but it's better than paying full price.

Originally I was going to pass on buying for a while, but somehow I doubt I'll see another sale for quite some time.

calzeta930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 calzeta930
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts

UPS finally drop off my copy of SC2, installing it right now :D

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
Anyone have a guest pass, I can have please
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

10/10, goty easy. I mean when you think 2010, the first game you will think of is starcraft 2.

OkuLaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 OkuLaris
Member since 2003 • 803 Posts

The level of polish in SC2 is pretty admirable. :D

Reminds me why I love PC gaming that much more.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#115 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Know one thing that this game has going that many seem to not pay attention to? The music. Its like i'm in a dang movie theater watching a star wars or batman movie. This gets extremely amplified on 5:1 to 7:1 surround sounds. Anyone else get all the rotational sounds in game and the music just pumping you up? Its something thats been out of touch in many games of late and something I'm very impressed on SC2. Just from the install last night I knew they did some extremely well and thought out music scores but man.... this is great. big orchestra + archaic choir undertones is just a godsend. As a trumpet player, I am loving all the trills and fortes hitting me throughout.

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts

Alright, I'm having trouble even getting passed the tutorials without crashing:

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850

Nvidia Geforce 725 GTX

4 gigs of RAM

Windows 7

Basically, I load the map, and it crashes at random times. Sometimes, it will go through most of the tutorial. Sometimes, it will crash as soon as the "Press any key to continue" message pops up. I updated my drivers; same issue. I lowered the system specs significantly from the default; same issue.

Any ideas?

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 jedikevin2

What Os Cd_rom? You have everything possibly off just as a base? anti-virus, firewalls etc. I learned a longtime ago when crashes exist to drop down to the bare minimum of my computer and work my way up till i find the problem. That included uneeded services as well.

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 cd_rom
What Os Cd_rom?jedikevin2
Windows 7 Professional.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 jedikevin2

We have .net framework, directx 9.0 etc installed? Eveything updated outside of drivers? Tried just to check to run the exe in XP sp3 and see if it still crashes out (shouldn't matter but its worth a shot).

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 cd_rom
We have .net framework, directx 9.0 etc installed?jedikevin2
Oh yeah. I've never had a problem playing any game before. This one seems to be the exception.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 jedikevin2
Hmm. this soudns familiar to me though but I can;t remember what was goign on. I think last time I had something like this after a install it was because I installed the game while my harddrive was rpetty fragmented up. Maybe uninstall, disk defrag and reinstall? Sorry man. You probably gonna have better help on strarcraft forums on issues but that could be a good start for you.
cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 cd_rom

Hmm. this soudns familiar to me though but I can;t remember what was goign on. I think last time I had something like this after a install it was because I installed the game while my harddrive was rpetty fragmented up. Maybe uninstall, disk defrag and reinstall? Sorry man. You probably gonna have better help on strarcraft forums on issues but that could be a good start for you.jedikevin2
I just broke down and reinstalled the entire game. It worked, so something must have gone wrong during installation. Go figure. Thanks for the replies though.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

I don't know much about the Starcraft series. However, I must say that the graphics look like they could be rendered by the SNES; they're very unimpressive.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Nagru

I don't know much about the Starcraft series. However, I must say that the graphics look like they could be rendered by the SNES; they're very unimpressive.

BluRayHiDef

You sure you bought Starcraft 2 :P

The graphics for the game are actually pretty good by my standards:

SC2

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Nagru

You sure you bought Starcraft 2 :P

The graphics for the game are actually pretty good by my standards:

I didn't buy the game. I've seen gameplay footage of it.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Nagru

BluRayHiDef

And it honestly looked that bad to you? Maybe it was just a poor video but eh, to each there own I suppose...

Just be forewarned that posting exaggerated criticism of SC2 on it's first day out, especially on the PC forum, probably isn't the best idea.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#127 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

Nagru

And it honestly looked that bad to you? Maybe it was just a poor video but eh, to each there own I suppose...

Just be forewarned that posting exaggerated criticism of SC2 on it's first day out, especially on the PC forum, probably isn't the best idea.

In my opinion.... the graphics aren't that good by today's standards. They do the job but aren't anything breathtaking. I'd give it a solid 7-8 for graphics. Not sure how they spent $100M on it?? That's just graphics though, overall I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. It seems very polished and it's fun. One big improvement over Warcraft3 is just the sheer amounts of units, although it's not on the scale of Supreme Commander either :)

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

In my opinion.... the graphics aren't that good by today's standards. They do the job but aren't anything breathtaking. I'd give it a solid 7-8 for graphics. Not sure how they spent $100M on it?? That's just graphics though, overall I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. It seems very polished and it's fun. One big improvement over Warcraft3 is just the sheer amounts of units, although it's not on the scale of Supreme Commander either :)

EmperorSupreme

Have you played the first StarCraft?

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 EmperorSupreme

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]In my opinion.... the graphics aren't that good by today's standards. They do the job but aren't anything breathtaking. I'd give it a solid 7-8 for graphics. Not sure how they spent $100M on it?? That's just graphics though, overall I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. It seems very polished and it's fun. One big improvement over Warcraft3 is just the sheer amounts of units, although it's not on the scale of Supreme Commander either :)

Mograine

Ha ha, I lost about 2 years of my life to Starcraft.
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

[QUOTE="Mograine"]

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]In my opinion.... the graphics aren't that good by today's standards. They do the job but aren't anything breathtaking. I'd give it a solid 7-8 for graphics. Not sure how they spent $100M on it?? That's just graphics though, overall I'm really enjoying the campaign so far. It seems very polished and it's fun. One big improvement over Warcraft3 is just the sheer amounts of units, although it's not on the scale of Supreme Commander either :)

EmperorSupreme

And you come up with "Not sure how they spent 100M on it?" when talking about graphics?

You haven't followed SC2's development cycle, I reckon.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 EmperorSupreme

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"][QUOTE="Mograine"]

Mograine

And you come up with "Not sure how they spent 100M on it?" when talking about graphics?

You haven't followed SC2's development cycle, I reckon.

Not really, I've tried to stay away from news about the game. Didn't want to ruin anything since I knew the second I heard about it that I would be buying it.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kozzy1234

This game is to awesome, I cant remember the last time I played a game for 8 hours in one day, that rarely ever happens.
This campaign is just fantastic!
Thank you Blizzard!

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#133 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

This game is to awesome, I cant remember the last time I played a game for 8 hours in one day, that rarely ever happens.
Thank you Blizzard!

kozzy1234

Have you tried the Starcraft 2 Editor? There are tutorials on how to make a 3rd person game using the editor and also customise any unit.

madman683

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#134 madman683
Member since 2005 • 483 Posts

I was supposed to buy the game here in PI. It's PHP 3,500.00 or roughly @ $ 76.00 and it's just the standard edition. The collector's edition is $ 141.00, it's too much. So I thought, I'll just buy the digital version because I'll just have to pay the standard $ 59.99, but to my surprise, I'll be payin Singaporean $ 109.00 or around USD $80.00 just for the standard edition digital download. And I said to my self.. it's a wonderful world. :cry:

lxBlackRainxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 lxBlackRainxl
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts

Anyone having issues with units disapearing and **** i turned off crossfire in CCC and now everything showing up anyone know if they are gonna fix this or why its been happening

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Thank you Blizzard!

mhofever

Have you tried the Starcraft 2 Editor? There are tutorials on how to make a 3rd person game using the editor and also customise any unit.

Yeah did like an hour in teh editor and the rest on campaign, good fun. Cant wait to seee what people make on that editor in a month or two. im hoping for a few coop missions (:

Posted a few pictures in the screenshot thread, feel free to post some yourself ;)

California74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 California74
Member since 2002 • 426 Posts

Thank you Blizzard!

kozzy1234

Kozzy how many times are you gunna say this game is awesome? you remind me of The Mizz from WWE :lol:

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Thank you Blizzard!

California74

Kozzy how many times are you gunna say this game is awesome? you remind me of The Mizz from WWE :lol:

Sorry I will stop, im just stoked on how this game turned out :P

Not usually a huge fan of rts.

ayee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ayee3
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
ok, this bites.. I've upgraded my old pc just to run this game and it crashes on me repeatedly.. I can load and play a game, but it crashes on me within 2-20 mins.. I've lowered the graphics quality as ppl have mentioned in this thread without any success. I've updated all the windows 7 updates, my video card driver updates as well. I'm running an AMD quad core 2.9GHz, Asus HD 5770 video card, 3GB ram, DirectX 11 is installed, 550 watt power supply.. i have the case wide open to allow as much air flow as possible.. this really sux.. i don't want to damage any of my pc components if this game is unstable.. can anyone help?
Memoryitis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#140 Memoryitis
Member since 2006 • 2221 Posts

I really like the single player, its much more thought out than I expected, with the upgrades and traversing.

Sabotorx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Sabotorx021

hey, i want to buy starcraft 2 and i dont want that box with dvd and books, i am happy just with cd key..

is it ok to buy it from here ??

http://www.cdkey-gametime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=74

LE: i want to know just if that is a reliable site

reeper_sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 reeper_sniper

hey, i want to buy starcraft 2 and i dont want that box with dvd and books, i am happy just with cd key..

is it ok to buy it from here ??

http://www.cdkey-gametime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=74

LE: i want to know just if that is a reliable site

Sabotorx021
I wouldn't even risk it man, just go through the battle.net site. 60 bucks up front quick and easy, download your game and have it running within an hour.
Sabotorx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Sabotorx021

ok , thanks mate :) but I am from EU and i must pay 60 euro which is a lot more than 60$

Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

The campaign is amazing. Didn't think that the interaction would be so immersive but it is. All of the characters are great. And ontop, it still retains choices directly related to gameplay.

Romper72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Romper72
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

I tried playing this game with my wife, same home network. Same broadband out to the Net.

We gave up after 5 games of one of us dropping out, not both mind you. Just one of us.

Single player - Brilliant! Overall polish on the game is great, attention to details are great. Feel is great.

The reliance on Bnet- crapolla! Unless this gets better, I can't see this title having the logevity of the previous title. Thats my opinion, most will disagree but I was looking forward to a great Lan title and this ain't it in its current form.

Its early days I know, but I didn't think that I wouldn't be dealing with a situation where I lag out trying to play with/against the person sitting in the same room.

TheDonFanucci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 TheDonFanucci
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts

What's the best way to get good at playing Starcraft 2 on battle.net? Is there a website that will detail the basic strategies involved, or is it just an experience type of thing?

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#147 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

What's the best way to get good at playing Starcraft 2 on battle.net? Is there a website that will detail the basic strategies involved, or is it just an experience type of thing?

TheDonFanucci

There's a practice league where they pit you with other people on the same skill level as you, or near that same skill level. You have 50 games to play in the practice league before B.Net says that it's time for you to start playing with the big boys.

Bolero89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Bolero89
Member since 2005 • 136 Posts

TheDonFanucci

I recommend the "SC2 Fundamentals" series by SC2Noobschool.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SC2NoobSchool

But of course you need to practise and all that stuff to get good.

stefpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 stefpet
Member since 2010 • 40 Posts
Really love the Mac/PC combo of Blizzard. Buying one game and being able to play it on the PC at work, as well as on my MacBook Pro at home is really fantastic! Did work really well on my MacBook Pro (first unibody model) when switching to the GeForce 9600M GT, althought it got really hot so I couldn't have it in my lap anymore. Was a bit nervous that it would be hard to play with touchpad but it really worked out well.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#150 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Still waiting for DOTA to hit Starcraft II