The Starcraft 2 Thread - Keep all discussion in here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cd_rom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 cd_rom
Member since 2003 • 13951 Posts
[QUOTE="ayee3"]ok, this bites.. I've upgraded my old pc just to run this game and it crashes on me repeatedly.. I can load and play a game, but it crashes on me within 2-20 mins.. I've lowered the graphics quality as ppl have mentioned in this thread without any success. I've updated all the windows 7 updates, my video card driver updates as well. I'm running an AMD quad core 2.9GHz, Asus HD 5770 video card, 3GB ram, DirectX 11 is installed, 550 watt power supply.. i have the case wide open to allow as much air flow as possible.. this really sux.. i don't want to damage any of my pc components if this game is unstable.. can anyone help?

I had roughly the same problem. In my case, it was a corrupt installation. Disable all internet security software, uninstall the game, then reinstall it.
Modbetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Modbetto
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts

Hi guys....my bro is waiting for his retail vrs of SC2 and i was thinking.... is the account management like in WOW? can you start different campaigns on different accounts or play online on different PCs by using them one at a time? or is it completely bricked for more then one user? Does it have a securom type of installation or something that does'nt let you install it on different hard drives?

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

[QUOTE="TheDonFanucci"]

What's the best way to get good at playing Starcraft 2 on battle.net? Is there a website that will detail the basic strategies involved, or is it just an experience type of thing?

mhofever

There's a practice league where they pit you with other people on the same skill level as you, or near that same skill level. You have 50 games to play in the practice league before B.Net says that it's time for you to start playing with the big boys.

Also a good way to learn is watch replays. If your just starting out with RTS it's good to watch the build orders of experienced players.
billrdio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 billrdio
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Noob question: can you pause the single player game as many times as you want? And can you do anything while the single player game is paused (i.e., look around the board, queue commands ...)? Yes I realize this is an RTS but I prefer my strategy games a little more slower paced. Game looks pretty fun either way.

shokwaav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 shokwaav
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

I live in HK and bought Starcraft 2 today. When I logged into my battle.net account and told blizzard that I lived in HK, it linked me to the taiwan battle.net website (tw.battle.net). However, my SC2 copy is actually a SEA (South East Asia) copy so it doesn't work on tw.battle.net. Therefore when I tried to activate my key it didn't work. It just said that "an error has occured" giving no specifics.

I realised this after checking again, but now it claims my key is invalid because it has been activated already. Can anyone help?

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Noob question: can you pause the single player game as many times as you want? And can you do anything while the single player game is paused (i.e., look around the board, queue commands ...)? Yes I realize this is an RTS but I prefer my strategy games a little more slower paced. Game looks pretty fun either way.

billrdio
You can pause, but I don't believe you can't do any commands while it's paused. One thing they let you do though is select a difficulty setting for each mission. So you could put it on easy or medium if you want.
Same_Jeans_On

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Same_Jeans_On
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

billrdio
It's a REAL TIME Strategy game, the whole idea of the genre is that everything happens in real time. To do this wouldn't really be playing the game the correct way.
billrdio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 billrdio
Thanks for the info EmperorSupreme!
mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Can I install this game on 2 computers in my same house? Only one would be logged it at a time.

kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#160 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

First impressions so far:

The beta left me with a really bad impression of what the game might be but the real game has so much more to offer and do...not a really good beta if you ask me.

Nice face lift from the previous game lots of nice little addtions to make the game more interactive and fun.

Easy to get into.

Like the fact that they kept the original base building/resources gathering formula that everybody seems to abandon now. It makes the game that much more interesting.

The trailer that came out last year now actually means something.

Sound bug, you have to put the game's audio on stereo otherwise you will have no sound.

Love the jukebox music.

lots of animations that are fun.

The start of the game is a little bit slow though. And i found that the first few missions were not really hard to do or win. But my guess is that it is gonna pick up in difficulty as i go.

I think they have suceeded in buidling a really good game.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#161 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Can I install this game on 2 computers in my same house? Only one would be logged it at a time.

mkaliaz

Yes, you can. When installing the game, it doesn't require you to put in a CD Key, only your Battle.net account to verify that you have the game.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

mhofever

Yes, you can. When installing the game, it doesn't require you to put in a CD Key, only your Battle.net account to verify that you have the game.

Awesome! Many thanks!

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#163 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
I wonder How much the game sold first day!
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 mhofever

I wonder How much the game sold first day!kris9031998

According to this websitehttp://www.product-reviews.net/2010/07/26/starcraft-2-review-of-pre-order-sales/, 800,000 copies of the game were pre-ordered. I can't imagine what the total will be, adding that figure to the sales on the release itself.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mhofever

Say, anyone from SEA or NA with the game wanna add me to their bnet? :).

My friends list is looking empty :(, no one I know save one guy whose in Canada has the game....yet.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#166 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Am I the only one who likes Warcraft 3 campaign/story better?
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

Review: 9.8/10 from NZGamer, never heard of them but the review was half decent.

Borrowed the link from locked thread by Resistance_Kid, thought I'd post it in the official discussion if it hasn't been already.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#168 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Am I the only one who likes Warcraft 3 campaign/story better?Diviniuz

To me personally Starcraft2 is the best RTS game since Dune2 from back in the day.

I did enjoy Warcraft3, but to me its not as good as Starcraft2.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

Review: 9.8/10 from NZGamer, never heard of them but the review was half decent.

Borrowed the link from locked thread by Resistance_Kid, thought I'd post it in the official discussion if it hasn't been already.

Im_single
I thought the review was quite poor.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Am I the only one who likes Warcraft 3 campaign/story better?kozzy1234

To me personally Starcraft2 is the best RTS game since Dune2 from back in the day.

Given the 8 year different from the two games bothers me that Starcraft 2 wasn't revolutionary, but evolutionary. But then again the proper response would be "if it ain't broke don't fix it", just given the times we are in Starcraft 2 campaign should of been better, I will have to wait for the expansion packs to make a final judgement. I am having a blast with the multiplayer though, but I am taking a break to install the DD of SC2 on my laptop because I hit the road tomorrow
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]Am I the only one who likes Warcraft 3 campaign/story better?Diviniuz

Given the 8 year different from the two games bothers me that Starcraft 2 wasn't revolutionary, but evolutionary. But then again the proper response would be "if it ain't broke don't fix it", just given the times we are in Starcraft 2 campaign should of been better, I will have to wait for the expansion packs to make a final judgement. I am having a blast with the multiplayer though, but I am taking a break to install the DD of SC2 on my laptop because I hit the road tomorrow

I dont know how the singleplayer coudl be any better? Its frigging amazing.

Why change one of the greatest regarded RTS games ever?

To me its not crazy revoulationary, but it does everything extremely well. The story telling is the best ive ever seen in a RTS game, Blizzard has made it so others have to step up there campaign and story telling now. Not to mention this editor is one of hte best on the market right now.

This game surpassed any expectation I had to be honest.

If thye made CRAZY HUGE changes then people would say "WHY DIDNT THEY STICK TO WHATS WORKS!". Just like people have done with C+C and to some degree Dawn Of War2.

The level of polish in Starcraft2 is amazing, along with the top notch voice acting, tons of variety in campaign, gameplay, the online is crazy and amazing campaign, I personalyl couldnt ask for anything more.

Im not even a big fan of online RTS games but this game is just fantastic just with the campaign and the editor to me personally.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Diviniuz

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

To me its not crazy revoulationary, but it does everything extremely well. The story telling is the best ive ever seen in a RTS game, Blizzard has made it so others have to step up there campaign and story telling now. Not to mention this editor is one of hte best on the market right now.

If thye made CRAZY HUGE changes then people would say "WHY DIDNT THEY STICK TO WHATS WORKS!". Just like people have done with C+C and to some degree Dawn Of War2.

The level of polish in Starcraft2 is amazing, along with the top notch voice acting, gameplay and amazing campaign, I personalyl couldnt ask for anything more.

Maybe I just hyped the game up so much that it couldn't possibly meet the standards I gave it, which has been an issue with a lot of games I play lately. I just feel like the game could of been better.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] Given the 8 year different from the two games bothers me that Starcraft 2 wasn't revolutionary, but evolutionary. But then again the proper response would be "if it ain't broke don't fix it", just given the times we are in Starcraft 2 campaign should of been better, I will have to wait for the expansion packs to make a final judgement. I am having a blast with the multiplayer though, but I am taking a break to install the DD of SC2 on my laptop because I hit the road tomorrow Diviniuz

The level of polish in Starcraft2 is amazing, along with the top notch voice acting, gameplay and amazing campaign, I personalyl couldnt ask for anything more.

Maybe I just hyped the game up so much that it couldn't possibly meet the standards I gave it, which has been an issue with a lot of games I play lately. I just feel like the game could of been better.

really? it exceeded mine by being the best game ive played in years, possibly ever.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

The level of polish in Starcraft2 is amazing, along with the top notch voice acting, tons of variety in campaign, gameplay, the online is crazy and amazing campaign, I personalyl couldnt ask for anything more.

Im not even a big fan of online RTS games but this game is just fantastic just with the campaign and the editor to me personally.

kozzy1234

Finished the campaign yet?

After you see the ending CGI, the idea of comparing other RTS games' campaigns with SC2's will make you roll on the floor laughing at the one who tries to do the comparison.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Mograine

After you see the ending CGI, the idea of comparing other RTS games' campaigns with SC2's will make you roll on the floor laughing at the one who tries to do the comparison.

I already would, this is instantly in my top 10.
Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

To those of you playing SC2, what did you think of Total Annihilation back when it first came out?

I liked SC1, but I always considered TA to be superior in every-way except the storyline. (Some reasons why) Anyways, I'm hoping to gauge how I'll feel about this game, by how you guys feel about TA.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Mograine

To those of you playing SC2, what did you think of Total Annihilation back when it first came out?

I liked SC1, but I always considered TA to be superior in every-way except the storyline. (Some reasons why) Anyways, I'm hoping to gauge how I'll feel about this game, by how you guys feel about TA.

Nagru

You realize most of that list is made with gameplay development decisions and made up "flaws", right?

fatpandacn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 fatpandacn

Anyone here has a spare guess key for SC2? I would appreciate if you can give me one. I pre-ordered Diablo3, not sure whether I should buy SC2 at this time. Thanks.

Nagru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Nagru
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

You realize most of that list is made with gameplay development decisions and made up "flaws", right?

Mograine

Hmm, I didn't look all that closely it was just a convenient list. Stupid Google...and me :P Anyways, my problems with SC1 were things like the non-physics based weapons, the limited unit selectability, fade-away dead enemies, small maps, etc.

Dont get me wrong it was still a very fun game, but I had so much more fun with TA due to it's innovations at the time. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get SC2 in the mail to see what it's really like.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"] Given the 8 year different from the two games bothers me that Starcraft 2 wasn't revolutionary, but evolutionary. But then again the proper response would be "if it ain't broke don't fix it", just given the times we are in Starcraft 2 campaign should of been better, I will have to wait for the expansion packs to make a final judgement. I am having a blast with the multiplayer though, but I am taking a break to install the DD of SC2 on my laptop because I hit the road tomorrow Diviniuz

Im just curious what you would want improved and how?
How can this campaign be better? Im just blown away from it and im only about 1 missions deep.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Mograine

I have no beat it yet, but so far about 10 or 11 missions in so far, the storytelling and polish of hte campaign just destroys all other RTS campaigns.

Can't wait to see this ending you are talking about :P

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I couldn't wait for Gamestop's 3 day shipping so I bought it online digitally and I'll give my shipped copy to my brother as a gift. I'm about 8 missions in and the game is amazing. It keeps adding more and more to the campaign and I absolutely love that Blizzard kept most, if not all the units for Starcraft 1 in the singleplayer.
Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#183 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Im_single

Thanks, couldn't bother posting it here lol :D

Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#184 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Here's a few more reviews:

Joystiq

Megamers

GamingXp

By the way, all these ads about Starcraft II make me feel like Jesus resurrected. Seriously.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kozzy1234

Ran into my first small issue after playing a few more hours today.
Starcraft2 for me doesnt seem to like to EXIT haha, seems to want to make me play more :P

When I exit the game it takes awhile, this never happens with any of my other games (Crysis, ARMA2, Napoleon Total War, Metro,etc..), just with this starcraft2.

Anyways, its a very small issue with an otherwise, near perfect RTS campaign :D

bret987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 bret987
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Hi,

Will my PC run SC 2?

Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

2.75GB RAM

2.6Ghz processor (Dual core)

Intergrated GeForce 7050

Thanks =D

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

This sticky sucks :x

Hi,

Will my PC run SC 2?

Specs:

Windows 7 64-bit

2.75GB RAM

2.6Ghz processor (Dual core)

Intergrated GeForce 7050

Thanks =D

bret987

Read this entire post carefully and find out.

TheDonFanucci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 TheDonFanucci
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts

I go to the Starcraft II website and I see the option to 'Digitally Download' the game. Should I do that? I mean is there any difference between downloading the game and buying the hardcopy?

ayee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ayee3
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
just played it for the past 2 hrs.. no problems... I returned my ati hd 5770 video card (bought last saturday), and exchanged it for another one to see if that was the problem. guess it was :) so relieved..
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#191 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Here's a few more reviews:

Joystiq

Megamers

GamingXp

By the way, all these ads about Starcraft II make me feel like Jesus resurrected. Seriously.

Resistance_Kid

The truth is appearing on those who rush to make some quick review or those who really sit and play through the game. I put 17 hrs into the single player and am just touching the online. I only turned on the editor once so I find it hard that in 1-2 days, review sites are pumping reviews. As I stated a day or so ago on this thread, we really get to see who puts time and quality into the reviews on there games. This is expecially so on titles in this degree. NZgamer, joystiq, megamers, gamingXP are looking like some sites I will be avoiding. Yes I am glad they gave the game good reviews but I just don't feel they could really push a quality review in that short of time. I have no idea who nzgamer, megamers or gamingxp are but joystiq is a pretty popular website. Kinda sad to see they rushed through the game to quickly get out a febble review.

I respect what KevinV is doing. He's gave us a litte taste of what he has been enjoying in the game on the "review in progress" section. You can check that out here.

[Edit] - Kevin V responded in his review in progress section in essence stating the same conclusion I had on the quality and time. Be sure to read some of the user post following his review in progress.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I go to the Starcraft II website and I see the option to 'Digitally Download' the game. Should I do that? I mean is there any difference between downloading the game and buying the hardcopy?

TheDonFanucci

You pay the same price and don't get the awesome box + disk and, most importantly, you don't get the three guest passes - a WoW trial and two 7 hours or 14 days (whichever comes first) Starcraft 2 trials. Your friends can even use your DVD to install the SC2 trial.

Linkbest23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Linkbest23
Member since 2008 • 590 Posts

I want some 1 to play with

thats not afraid to play 2v2 cause my real friends are wussies because they dont want a loss in their record

Im Fugazii

character 515

add me

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Starcraft2 for me doesnt seem to like to EXIT haha, seems to want to make me play more :P

When I exit the game it takes awhile, this never happens with any of my other games (Crysis, ARMA2, Napoleon Total War, Metro,etc..), just with this starcraft2.

kozzy1234

Its happening to me too. Then I started thinking that the exit picture of a battlecruiser might actually make a nice desktop wallpaper. lol.

Mind you, I've only played it three time so far.

Enjoying the game so far. I haven't touched the campaign nor online. Did some AI matches (got slaughtered T_T) and I'm trying to get gold on all the challenges.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

flipin_jackass

Its happening to me too. Then I started thinking that the exit picture of a battlecruiser might actually make a nice desktop wallpaper. lol.

Mind you, I've only played it three time so far.

Enjoying the game so far. I haven't touched the campaign nor online. Did some AI matches (got slaughtered T_T) and I'm trying to get gold on all the challenges.

Get on the Campaign now! Its amazing bud! Also teaches you how to use the new units along the way to, very awesome

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Does anyone else feel like these discussion threads pretty much kill discussion regarding whatever game the thread is about?
Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Mograine

Does anyone else feel like these discussion threads pretty much kill discussion regarding whatever game the thread is about? KHAndAnime

Yep.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#198 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
PM me if anyone needs a guest pass, 2 left.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

PM me if anyone needs a guest pass, 2 left.millerlight89

I have a few also that I have no use for, if anybody wants one then PM.

I can't wait to get back to playing, too bad I have to work early and it's time for me to hit the sack.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Im a newbie to Starcraft and rts in general. I love this game. Of course i am playing on the easiest mode in campaign. I just love all the attention to detail, the graphics and animation are actually very good. I took a shot at the beginner online mode and got completely annihilated...im not too sure the guy i was playing against was a beginner.

Please let us new guys have a shot at this game online.......dont take over the beginner online modes just to stamp us out.