The Starcraft 2 Thread - Keep all discussion in here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Buriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 Buriz
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts

Got question about system requirements : would be mine - 2.8ghz HT,9800 pro and 1200Ram be enough for online play on lowest at least with normal framerate?xeroth666

I'm pretty sure it's just enough to play on absolute lowest settings, assuming you have XP.

if your on 7 or vista, you'd have to upgrade your ram slightly.

xeroth666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302 xeroth666
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Great... thank you on reply! yes,im on XP : tried beta it works find around 60-25fps,thought friend said retail version is a bit more depanding - wouldnt like to cast away money
Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

Great... thank you on reply! yes,im on XP : tried beta it works find around 60-25fps,thought friend said retail version is a bit more depanding - wouldnt like to cast away money xeroth666
The multiplayer does not change so much but the campaign does require a bit more power.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#304 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

The multiplayer does not change so much but the campaign does require a bit more power.

Ravenchrome

Oh, I came across a few matches in 4 v 4 where I lagged like crazy when there were tons of units on the screen ;).

DJ_Deelish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 DJ_Deelish
Member since 2004 • 268 Posts

Hi everyone. Just got this game and looking for some people to play online with. I am not the best but I am learning. Feel free to add me Dustin CC 397

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

I'm from Europe and on the game's DVD case it says only European servers. So can I or is there a way to play against US players?

Buriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Buriz

I'm from Europe and on the game's DVD case it says only European servers. So can I or is there a way to play against US players?

not_wanted
not currently
nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

If anyone has a guest pass they wouldn't mind pming to me, it would be well appreciated. I just want to see how this game will run on my rig before I shell out 60 bucks for it.

nZiFFLe

Anyone?

davyjonesfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 davyjonesfd
Well Actually the theme of the game drags me to play the game on and on, so this is only reason that I am game addicted person. I know it is really great fun thats why I have the copy of PSP, X-Box and the PC games.
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

[QUOTE="nZiFFLe"]

If anyone has a guest pass they wouldn't mind pming to me, it would be well appreciated. I just want to see how this game will run on my rig before I shell out 60 bucks for it.

nZiFFLe

Anyone?

Just PM'ed you :)

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#311 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Ohh man most epic coop game.. me and two of my buds and one CPU on our team against 4 computer guys...

The computer attacked and rushed the CPU who was on our team, he took one for the team and gave us a few mins to build lots of dudes to fight with. Computer desrtoyed his base but we where ready... 8 big THOR's ready and tons of my buddies Protoss big dudes... ahh man what an epic fight it was lol.

GReat times in coop (:

I really didnt expect to ever like a RTS game this much haha (Besides old school Dune2). Game is epic and SOO DEEP

0T00LE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 0T00LE
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts

Can i use two guest passes on one account??

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 kozzy1234

Can i use two guest passes on one account??

0T00LE

99% sure you cant.. gotta start a new one if you wanna use a different code.

0T00LE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 0T00LE
Member since 2006 • 50 Posts

gottsta get paid then

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I gave up on PC gaming almost 10 years ago lol. I know I missed some great games along the way but I got back into it with SC2..bought a new PC with a decent graphics card. Great game so far
kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#316 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

Quick region question : if i live in Europe , can i buy from US region and pley with my friends from US ? if no - ill prolly give it a pass :/

VBing92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 VBing92
Is SC2 friendly to new players to the series?
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#318 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
Is SC2 friendly to new players to the series?VBing92
Yeah I would say so. I am new to the series but not to the RTS genre but there are options you can use to make the game easier to start off with. I think there are tutorials, the AI is not really difficutly offline to get practice building units and tactics. Also when you start online you get up to 50 practice matches which do not count on your record unless you want to skip them. Once you do that I believe you then do a certain ammount of games to decide what level you play at and then the game matches you with people within your skill range. Overall I reccomend trying the game if you like RTS games and/or Space themes.
VBing92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 VBing92
[QUOTE="VBing92"]Is SC2 friendly to new players to the series?Garfield360UK
Yeah I would say so. I am new to the series but not to the RTS genre but there are options you can use to make the game easier to start off with. I think there are tutorials, the AI is not really difficutly offline to get practice building units and tactics. Also when you start online you get up to 50 practice matches which do not count on your record unless you want to skip them. Once you do that I believe you then do a certain ammount of games to decide what level you play at and then the game matches you with people within your skill range. Overall I reccomend trying the game if you like RTS games and/or Space themes.

ok thanks, yeah I am a fan of both of those, just have to see if my computer can run it before dishing out the 60 bucks
Roris0A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Roris0A
Member since 2007 • 627 Posts

Just played my first custom map, a simple Tower Defense, and I gotta say it was fun. :) I'm continually being surprised by the Value that Starcraft 2 provides. I have never played a more complete game before.

erikdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 erikdw
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

Quick region question : if i live in Europe , can i buy from US region and pley with my friends from US ? if no - ill prolly give it a pass :/

kazakauskas

The game is completely region locked so if you want to play with EU/US friends you have to buy a second account. Even the official forums are region locked.

Also, you only get to create one character when you first start up the game. The name you give this character is the nick you'll carry for the rest of your SCII life. Singleplayer, multiplayer and forum posting.

There is only a very vague warning before you enter the name so there are massive amounts of complaints on the official forums from people who just entered their first name to play the campaign. Thinking they could choose their online nick later on. Some stories are truly heartbreaking. (There's a guy named EMILY (yes, caps and all) who let his girlfriend install the game and then there's BACKSTABBER who has to life with the fact that nobody wants to end up in a team with him in it.)

Names are not unique either. You'll get a random number behind your nick. That's it. There were lots of people who thought they were the one and only 'Zerg' only to find out later on they were just 'Zerg 2004l' and 'Zerg 20042'

Blizzard has stated they have no intention of changing the region lock or the name system anytime soon.

kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 kazakauskas

[QUOTE="kazakauskas"]

erikdw

The game is completely region locked so if you want to play with EU/US friends you have to buy a second account. Even the official forums are region locked.

Also, you only get to create one character when you first start up the game. The name you give this character is the nick you'll carry for the rest of your SCII life. Singleplayer, multiplayer and forum posting.

There is only a very vague warning before you enter the name so there are massive amounts of complaints on the official forums from people who just entered their first name to play the campaign. Thinking they could choose their online nick later on. Some stories are truly heartbreaking. (There's a guy named EMILY (yes, caps and all) who let his girlfriend install the game and then there's BACKSTABBER who has to life with the fact that nobody wants to end up in a team with him in it.)

Names are not unique either. You'll get a random number behind your nick. That's it. There were lots of people who thought they were the one and only 'Zerg' only to find out later on they were just 'Zerg 2004l' and 'Zerg 20042'

Blizzard has stated they have no intention of changing the region lock or the name system anytime soon.

Ill stick with us region them . so lets say when i buy the game it asks where ill play , i select North America and price changes from euros to dollars . Thats it ? i only need to change that ? And when i download ill have US versio ? It wont say anything like "you arent in North america so you cant play this gamy" ? :)

Hope it made sense :D

Buriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 Buriz

[QUOTE="erikdw"]

[QUOTE="kazakauskas"]

kazakauskas

Ill stick with us region them . so lets say when i buy the game it asks where ill play , i select North America and price changes from euros to dollars . Thats it ? i only need to change that ? And when i download ill have US versio ? It wont say anything like "you arent in North america so you cant play this gamy" ? :)

No. you have to buy a US cd key to play US servers.
kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 kazakauskas

[QUOTE="kazakauskas"]

[QUOTE="erikdw"]

Buriz

No. you have to buy a US cd key to play US servers.

If i buy like this , will i have US key ? Link to image

erikdw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 erikdw
Member since 2007 • 85 Posts

I own a retail version (which is region locked even before you install it) but from what I've heard, when you buy the game digitally through Battlenet you get to choose the region you want. Even when you're in Africa you will then be able to play on US servers.

There's now way you can rewind your decision though. Even if you buy the game through battlenet you'll need a different region account for Africa which literally means buying the game again.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#326 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Don't know if this has been posted already but anyways here it goes.

To all ATI owners. If you want AA in the game the is now a hotfix available here from AMD/ATI. :)

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
No issues with forcing AA through CCC? Always been skeptical when the game doesn't have it in the first place, anyone tried it?
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

GameSpot Video Review is online.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts

And.... The Written Review is also online.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#330 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Ah no wiggle room it seems. Ah KevinV AH!!!! 10/10 would have been great and this was closest to ever get it on this site for PC. I knew battlenet would drop it a small bit but was hoping he could overshadow it. NOOO. Bring back the .1 point system!!!! Ah. No wiggle room failed. 9.5 is still great and to my knowledge, the highest rated RTS on this website?

[edit] Nope, Couple others got 9.5.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

GameSpot Video Review is online.

And.... The Written Review is also online

UCF_Knight

Ah sweet. Editor's Choice!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 kozzy1234

9.5!!
"BUT TEH PC GAMING IS DEAD!" :P

Glad to see they took nearly a week reviewing it. Its a very deep game and I think all reviews should have to wait this long for a biga this huge.

Great time for pc owners, Starcraft2 baby 8)

LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 LeadnSteel
Member since 2009 • 371 Posts

how well does it run on an 8800 gt?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

LeadnSteel

Try cranking up your processor, thats all I gotta say. Itll run med/high, it dislikes older intel models apparently :( especially lower clocks like mines.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#335 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

So is Starcraft 2 really recommended to newcomers?

And not just newcomers to Starcraft, but those to strategy games in general?

EmjayEclipser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#336 EmjayEclipser
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts
Great post!
implaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 implaman

UCF_Knight
What's with all these reviews that cast this game as one of the best of all time? I honestly think it just takes the same formula from the first game and updates the graphics a little, throws in a new story, and gives some small and new features. I'm going to start looking for a fair review of this game.
implaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 implaman
[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]

implaman
What's with all these reviews that cast this game as one of the best of all time? I honestly think it just takes the same formula from the first game and updates the graphics a little, throws in a new story, and gives some small and new features. I'm going to start looking for a fair review of this game.

I've found one, but the site is super basic and looks brand new into the world of internet
Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

Abosolutely yes. It is good for a newcomer to RTS. It's easy to get into but deep as hell pit.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 Vfanek

So is Starcraft 2 really recommended to newcomers?

And not just newcomers to Starcraft, but those to strategy games in general?

Tigerman950
I'm a newcomer to RTS, only played SC2 in the beta some and now a bit during release. Last RTS before that was Age of Mythology which I played through with cheats. I've finished the brutal campaign and I'm in the platinum league, for every "Korean" (the real Koreans aren't on western servers) there are 20 newbs. You won't be the only new RTS player.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 kozzy1234

Just finsihed playing 22 coop games today haha, so epic with 3 friends going against 3 computer guys on all custom maps, so awesome.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#342 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

No issues with forcing AA through CCC? Always been skeptical when the game doesn't have it in the first place, anyone tried it?Vfanek

I use AtiTrayTools to achieve this but yes, no issues so far. :)

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#343 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
No issues with forcing AA through CCC? Always been skeptical when the game doesn't have it in the first place, anyone tried it?Vfanek
HD5770 here, I had that on from the start, no issues, but then again I havent tried SC2 with it off.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#344 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts
Tried to do the entire campaign on hard + achievements in one sitting, didn't happen. Beat it in two seconds, gotta go back and get my achievements. Considering a brutal playthrough. Anyway, I can't wait for the expansion.
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#345 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
Beat what in 2 seconds? I know atleast playing on brutal it took me over 20 hrs to beat the single player (with a couple losses in there as blizzard got me good on some surprises). I have to say, if you a rts player from the start, playing on brutal is the way to go. You get so much out of this game. Once you beat a single player, you lose alot of that "gotcha" in the game. I always strive myself to play at the optimum difficulty to really see what a developer wanted a gamer to experience. This really shines in that case.
LeadnSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 LeadnSteel
Member since 2009 • 371 Posts

[QUOTE="LeadnSteel"]

Bikouchu35

Try cranking up your processor, thats all I gotta say. Itll run med/high, it dislikes older intel models apparently :( especially lower clocks like mines.

k. I have it a core 2 duo @3.5ghz so I'm sure that will have no problem.

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#347 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts
How do the different divisions work in league play? I got into the Sargas Delta division in the 1v1 Gold League. Does that mean anything to anyone? Will I be stuck playing against players in this division? I never played SC1 online so I don't know how these leagues work.
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Vfanek
How do the different divisions work in league play? I got into the Sargas Delta division in the 1v1 Gold League. Does that mean anything to anyone? Will I be stuck playing against players in this division? I never played SC1 online so I don't know how these leagues work.visceron
Divisions do nothing, it's just a 'fake' ladder you can climb. Everyone gets randomly put in a division. The system will try to match you against players of equal skill level acrtoss all divisions, when I was silver I somehow ended up playing mostly diamond players and got bumped into platinum. Essentially, divisions do nothing. Gold, diamond etc. do nothing either, it just says if you're in the top 25% for example (diamond).
ollie_1938

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 ollie_1938
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I Just installed SC2 and i have a problem, when i launch the game the cursor is stuck on the screen (WTF). When i move the mouse i can highlight options but the cursor dosent move. When I change display option to run in "window" thee cursor works fine. I want to play in full-screen.

Can anyone Help?

--------------------------------------------

CPU : Intel Core i5 750

Ram: 4GB DDR3

HDD: 32GB SSD (boot) + 500GB

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5850

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

VBing92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 VBing92
is there anything that prevents me from buying this game used upon installation? I am not sure what it is called but aren't there some games that prevent you from using a game on multiple accounts/computers?