Wii Game Recommendation thread - ALL 'Which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#751 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

[QUOTE="alexhomee"]Should I get No More Heroes?Mario Kart Wii?Call of Duty 3?bobsarcasm

No More Heroes.

Hmmmm.... well if you are looking for a long gaming time, you should go with MK (if you like teh genre and will play all the cups and then as multiplayer)

If you are looking for a action game, with sweet use of the wiimote and excellent humor. NMH. It would give you around 15-20h if you collect all the stuff (clothes, balls, technich and katana) I own this game and I`m on my second gameplay (it has extra stuff the second time) I loved every minute of it.

That said, eventually you should get both games :oops:

Also in moments like this for me is helpfull teh price (I do not care about launch days, I assume you neither) and atm NMH, has a good price cut: 34US$ (inlcuding shipping if NA)

hope taht helps

Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#752 Akel777
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts

Should I get No More Heroes?Mario Kart Wii?Call of Duty 3?alexhomee

If you want a party game and plan on playing with others, go for Mario Kart Wii, otherwise just stick with NMH.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#753 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
i just got a wii. got SSBB and i reserved Mario Kart. I know im not gonna play it alot but i want to check out metroid prime 3 and RE4. am i wasting my time? also does the zapper work with these games ? is the zapper evern worth it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

wasting your time with MP3 and RE4??? NO!! :P

RE4 is a great game, the controllers are amazing... and if you did not had the ps2 version is worth it even more. If you like the type, that one is a must. :)

MP3: I`m not a fan of metroid (yea, they are afew :oops: :P ) but bc of teh control squeme I gave it a try... that was a great decition... the gameplay is good, nice puzzle, really fun battles...

:D

About the zapper.. I just try it in store, did not like it.. imo save that money for another game :P That said, RE4 works with it, but dunno about MP3 (I doubt it thus)

alexhomee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#755 alexhomee
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
wat about COD3
alexhomee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 alexhomee
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
wat about COD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

wat about COD3alexhomee

do not double post... :)

and I thougt you were choosing one of those 3... imo COD3 is no worth it compare with the others 2.. is good thus.

I guess it all depends what you want..

action/adv vs FPS vs party multiplayer...

(my suggetions are a few poster above, maybe preview page for you)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

wat about COD3alexhomee

I thougt you were choosing one of those 3... imo COD3 is no worth it compare with the others 2.. is good thus.

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#760 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

[QUOTE="alexhomee"]wat about COD3chang_1910

do not double post... :)

and I thougt you were choosing one of those 3... imo COD3 is no worth it compare with the others 2.. is good thus.

calm down.

people rarely deliberately double post.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

:( sorry.. I even put a smiley face.. I did not wanted to sound piss off or something...

you r right is that today several ppl have double post (3-5 min difference withing post, so I assumed it was not a glitch.. thus maybe the glitch has got smarter :P )

anyway.. sorry.. I will edit my post :)

PeterPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#762 PeterPerson
Member since 2007 • 3627 Posts

:( sorry.. I even put a smiley face.. I did not wanted to sound piss off or something...

you r right is that today several ppl have double post (3-5 min difference withing post, so I assumed it was not a glitch.. thus maybe the glitch has got smarter :P )

anyway.. sorry.. I will edit my post :)

chang_1910

mkay!

you dont have to be so sorry :P

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#763 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

wat about COD3alexhomee

While I have not played COD3 if u are looking for a WW2 Game then u should get Medal Of Honors Heroes 2. The single player is fun but the Multiplayer is awsome. Up to 32 people at once and many levels to play at. Alot of fun.

MaChaorules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#764 MaChaorules
Member since 2005 • 4951 Posts
Well since my 360 broke i guess i'll have to get a wii game sooner or later. I'll probably end up getting brawl but before I do are there any other good wii games out there i should consider?
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

Well since my 360 broke i guess i'll have to get a wii game sooner or later. I'll probably end up getting brawl but before I do are there any other good wii games out there i should consider?MaChaorules

Well im not sure what games u like but here are some of the Good Ones, Metriod Prime 3, Legend of Zelda Twillight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2(Great Online). These are some good games

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Is Godzilla Unleashed worth it? I'm a Godzilla fan and I did enjoy Destroy All Monsters, but thought it was waaaay too short.
CharlieStinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 CharlieStinks
Member since 2006 • 198 Posts

I got 11 vc games, mostly snes, some nes, and 1 n64 and tg16 games. i'm lookin to get a couple sega games and i can't decide on what. i had a genesis back in the day, but i didn't use it much as most of my resources went toward snes. this is what i'm thinking:

Sonic 1, Ecco, Shining force, comix zone

any other recommendations or naysayers on these games?

tofanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 tofanatic
Member since 2005 • 57 Posts

i have like 40ish bucks to gamestop, should i get No More Heroes, or Zack and Wiki. I have no problem with "kiddy" games, and i like over the top as well. These games may be complete opposites but i am stuck. Everyone says what kind of a gamer are you, well... i love RE4 and galaxy. I thought paper mario was okay and same with mortal kombat. see what i mean, kiddy and over the top. and of course we all love brawl and twilight. so what do you think, heroes or zack and wiki. thanks in advance :)

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#770 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

so what do you think, heroes or zack and wiki. thanks in advance :)tofanatic

I haven't played too much of No More Heroes yet, but I think it's safe to say that Zack and Wiki is a higher quality game overall. The thing I always tell people is that you need to be able to see past the cutesy art styIe of Zack and Wiki if you're going to enjoy it. It seems like you'll have no problem doing that. The only other caveat is that you must like thinking games.

I'll never understand why the developer decided to go with such a kid-appealing art styIe for a game that small children would probably get way too frustrated with.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771 EmilioDigsIt

I got 11 vc games, mostly snes, some nes, and 1 n64 and tg16 games. i'm lookin to get a couple sega games and i can't decide on what. i had a genesis back in the day, but i didn't use it much as most of my resources went toward snes. this is what i'm thinking:

Sonic 1, Ecco, Shining force, comix zone

any other recommendations or naysayers on these games?

CharlieStinks

You could go for Sonic 1 and Shining Force, but if you like Beat 'Em Ups or Run and Gun games you should check out Streets of Rage 2 and Gunstar Heroes.
sparkie0501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 sparkie0501
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I think Mario Kart should be on the list as it is just about perfect.
Sadguy4243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 Sadguy4243
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

I need a really fun rollplaying game

any suggestions

gaming4us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774 gaming4us
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts
Should I get Mario Kart Wii or Okami for Wii? I love Mario kart games, but i also like adventure games. IGN said that Okami is a lot like TP, and i loved that game. I also have Mario Kart DS, so I'm worried that i might get too bored because its the same thing most of the time. I hear that WIFI multiplayer is great though. I can't get both games because I'm short of money. Also, will Mario Kart have the same price as any other game? Or will it be extra because of the wii wheel?
gaming4us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775 gaming4us
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Should I get Mario Kart Wii or Okami for Wii? I love Mario kart games, but i also like adventure games. IGN said that Okami is a lot like TP, and i loved that game. I also have Mario Kart DS, so I'm worried that i might get too bored because its the same thing most of the time. I hear that WIFI multiplayer is great though. I can't get both games because I'm short of money. Also, will Mario Kart have the same price as any other game? Or will it be extra because of the wii wheel?gaming4us

Oh, and i forgot to ask, which game has a more lasting value? Which game would be in my Wii for a long time? I want to switch between brawl and one of these games once im bored with one or the other.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
^ Mario Kart will be $50 and Okami is $40. However since I never played the PS2 Okami and do not live in Europe (therefore not having played MKWii). I can't really say which one is more lasting. Okami I know is a long adventure game, but Mario Kart has a supposedly good online with relatively no lag, online battle mode, time trial downloads, and a challenge mode (updated about every week with a new challenge). It really depends on what you prefer, if you want an adventure get Okami, but if you want a great racer with the best online Nintendo has offered yet, wait a couple more weeks and get Mario Kart
furrball6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 furrball6
Member since 2006 • 302 Posts
Ok, I already own Metroid Prime 3 and I downloaded LoZ: OoT. I beat Metroid Prime 3 on veteran back when it came out but have never played through OoT in my life (love LttP and TP though). I'm wondering which I should playthrough first, OoT or Prime 3 on hypermode?
sk_chaingang54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#779 sk_chaingang54
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts

I already have SMG and SSBB. Which should I get first: Legend of Zelda:TP or Super Paper Mario?

Should I rent Super Paper Mario or should I buy it because people say it is kind of short...

I never really played a Zelda game before because I liked Mario more; but a lot of people like TP so that's why I'm considering it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I already have SMG and SSBB. Which should I get first: Legend of Zelda:TP or Super Paper Mario?

Should I rent Super Paper Mario or should I buy it because people say it is kind of short...

I never really played a Zelda game before because I liked Mario more; but a lot of people like TP so that's why I'm considering it.

sk_chaingang54

Go for LoZ: TP.. is a great game and with a lot of gameplay hours... (specially if you do the side quests)

imo SPM is worth it. Is short, even more if you compare it with previews paper mario games. That said the game is fun, getting all the recipes as always take a while. And getting all the badge can be really fun to do. Even if you do not like to cpmplete games 100%, or collected stuff the game is a great plataformer. Now if you are waiting for a paper mario N64 experience, no.

BTW: PM for N64 is a great game, if you like RPG (turn-based with some mix feasture that work greatly) and you are a mario fan, That one is a must

Hope taht helped :D

Ok, I already own Metroid Prime 3 and I downloaded LoZ: OoT. I beat Metroid Prime 3 on veteran back when it came out but have never played through OoT in my life (love LttP and TP though). I'm wondering which I should playthrough first, OoT or Prime 3 on hypermode?furrball6

OoT is a GREAT game one of my top on the series and one of my top overall.

drae92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781 drae92

im new to the whole vc on wii does it cost you for games give us the low down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

im new to the whole vc on wii does it cost you for games give us the low down

drae92

could you explain you question.. sorry maybe is bc my 1st language is not english.. but it does not make sense to me.. :oops:

drae92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783 drae92

well vertual console how does it work

like everything about it

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784 EmilioDigsIt

well vertual console how does it work

like everything about it

drae92

Well, if your internet connection is working, you go and click on the Shop Channel.
You buy some points by getting those 2000 Wii Points cards at stores, or use a credit card to buy the points.
You go into the Virtual Console section and you have the options of searching by new releases, publisher, system, and so on. You choose the game you want, you click to buy, and it downloads it using your Wii points.

You now have a VC game. You can delete the game from your system and download it back for free as many times as you want.

Pricing.
500 Points - NES/Master System/Commodore64
600 Points - TurboGrafx-16 (PC Engine )
700 Points - MSX
800 Points - Sega Genesis ( Mega Drive )/Super Nintendo
900 Points - Neo-Geo
1000 Points - N64

Pricing is different for some countries and not all consoles might be available.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

oh..next time you can create a thread about this, this is not the right place to post it :P ) anyway...

Well for all you need to know is here

FRom GS tech support:

"The Wii Shop channel provides access to Virtual Console games as well as software programs developed specifically for the Wii, one of which is the Opera Internet browser. The Wii Shop uses its own Wii Points currency system similar to the one Microsoft uses for the Xbox 360. You can buy points online with a credit card through the Wii Shop, or you can buy prepaid Wii Points cards in retail stores. The conversion rate is approximately 100 Wii Points to the dollar."

In short: the virtual console aloud you to buy old-school games (from NES, SNES, N64, Turbo, Sega..) for an x amount of points (e.g.The NES one for 500 points, which means US$5), After you have bought the game it would appear in one of the "channel" window on your wii, like if you had inserted a disc game. :D

here all the games avalaible :D

If you need any recommendation or have any question about X game, or games in one cathegory let us know.

:D hope that helps...enjoy gaming...

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

Im getting a wii soon would these games be a good first bunch:

Super Paper Mario

SSX: Blur

Sonic and Secret Rings

Mario Kart wii

And Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy a little later on?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I think that your list is pretty good, I`m not a fan of sonic so I can not tell you about it, nor I know what SSX is. :oops:

That said If you can play mature games I will also recommend RE4 and MP3 (dunno what ESRB is this one :P ) Also some others games like Zack and Wiki, NMH (M ESRB) are absolutelly amazing agmes.

Hope taht helps.. let me know if you ahve more Qs. :)

Hunter_118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788 Hunter_118
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Ok, I had an N64. I had a game, some people may have heard of it, called Super Smash Bros. Well I loved this game but then grew out of that console, getting the original XBox (Man, wasn't Halo great?) But most of my friends got Gamecubes. So I would stay at their houses and we would play the sequel to this game, Super Smash Bros. Melee. I thought it wasn't as good (I couldn't get used to the GC controller) so I quickly forgot about it. Then Super Smash Bros. Brawl comes out, and I play it at Gamestop. Damn is it awesome. And guess what? My birthday is coming up in about a month. So I ask for a Wii and Brawl, only obstacle is if they could find it. Great. But do I really want another console based on one game? So I want to know what other games would interest me. I like some of these Nintendo games (SSBB, AC, Wii Sports) but for the most part find them cartoony and boring. I have a 360 which I play all the time, and love Mature Games (Bioshock, COD4, Halo) I think you see a pattern. I like to shoot and blow the $#!+ out of things, so I don't know what games I would like.

In a nutshell: I'm a 360 fanboy who likes mature games, but some of the odd or E Nintendo games, what games on Wii would I like? (If you wanted to say MP3C, then if it's anything like Hunters for the DS I won't like it. Too much backtracking and collecting and paying attention)

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789 Phantom5800

^ Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil 4, No More Heroes are all games that are out now that you might like. Coming up: Sadness (if/when it ever comes out), Disaster: Day of Crisis, Animal Crossing Wii (you said you liked AC?), and possibly looking out for a few third-party games (such as Factor 5's current unknown project, etc)

Also games to try (possibly rent first in your case): Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Mario Kart Wii, Zack and Wiki, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and Battalion Wars II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

^^ nothing more to say.. :)

plus some VC games (if you are into old-school)

there are some others that have my attention (we seem to have a similar reference, thus i`m more a sony person in M games bc of horror more than FPS...) but those that were already mention are the one that you may like atm.

Turbo_Burdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 Turbo_Burdo
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

I think that your list is pretty good, I`m not a fan of sonic so I can not tell you about it, nor I know what SSX is. :oops:

That said If you can play mature games I will also recommend RE4 and MP3 (dunno what ESRB is this one :P ) Also some others games like Zack and Wiki, NMH (M ESRB) are absolutelly amazing agmes.

Hope taht helps.. let me know if you ahve more Qs. :)

chang_1910

Ty I can play mature games im just not a fan of them :)

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#792 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

Im getting a wii soon would these games be a good first bunch:

Super Paper Mario

SSX: Blur

Sonic and Secret Rings

Mario Kart wii

And Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy a little later on?

Turbo_Burdo

Brawl and SMG are currently considered two of the best Wii games right now so yeah.

Sonic is OK but some parts can be very frustrating.

Mario Kart Wii sounds good but I'm not sure about it yet.

Super Paper Mario is a bit stupid but is still pretty good.

I have no clue about SSX.

In my opinion...

GamerBoy53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#793 GamerBoy53
Member since 2008 • 2666 Posts

Sorry for double posting but which is better. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams or Sega Superstars Tennis. By the sounds of it NiGHTS is better but I don't know.

nofadofa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 nofadofa
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts
super smash bros rocks
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#795 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Sorry for double posting but which is better. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams or Sega Superstars Tennis. By the sounds of it NiGHTS is better but I don't know.

GamerBoy53

I haven't played either but IMO, NiGHTS seems much more interesting. Also, it's gotten a more positive feedback from people than Superstars Tennis.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I need help. I have never bought any VC games and I was wondering what games I should get with one whole card? I was also wondering about Okami. I've never played the original but I don't know if I will like it. I might be getting Mario Kart Wii but I would like to try Okami. Any ideas? :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

1. VC games... well they are too many. depends on which genre you like. A mus I would say: zelda ocarina of time and zelda a link to the past. Also in advenutire are startropics and neutopia (zelda`s spin-off) In RPG type Landstalker, paper mario (trun-based no clasical). In plataformers: mario (the 3rd being a great one), and kirby (but this one imo it may be too short and easy depending on your taste). Also I would recommend the super castlevania 4 if you are into old-school hard games. (thus i`m a fan of teh series)

2. Did you like zelda TP?? if you have play this and you like you would like Okami. The gameplay is different in the sense that you have to "draw" but this feature is introduce in a really nice way, which add fun to teh game. IMO you should get it, Okami is a fun, beautifull game with a great gameplay feature.

3. If you have to choose between MK and Okami, it depends which type you would enjoy/play more: multiplayer vs a single adventure. They are both great games and 2 I would add without a doubt (imo)

Hoope taht helps... any other Q ask :D

(I can not help in fighting games on VC, no my thing.. sorry)

Hunter_118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 Hunter_118

^ Metroid Prime 3, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Resident Evil 4, No More Heroes are all games that are out now that you might like. Coming up: Sadness (if/when it ever comes out), Disaster: Day of Crisis, Animal Crossing Wii (you said you liked AC?), and possibly looking out for a few third-party games (such as Factor 5's current unknown project, etc)

Also games to try (possibly rent first in your case): Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, Mario Kart Wii, Zack and Wiki, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and Battalion Wars II

Phantom5800

I'll probably get, or at least rent MP3, No More Heroes and MoH:H2, definitely get RE4 (I already have it for PS2 but it's awesome and I heard that it with the Wii controls was 10x better. Is it Wii Zapper Compatible, and if so, is it better to use it?) Definitely get AC. What's Disaster? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Factor 5 sounds familiar, what have they made?

And I'll probably just rent SMG, Z:TP, Okami, MKW, FE:RD and BWII. I have Gamefly so renting games is very convenient :D

P.S. Thanks for the quick response and quite a few recommendations

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799 Phantom5800

I'll probably get, or at least rent MP3, No More Heroes and MoH:H2, definitely get RE4 (I already have it for PS2 but it's awesome and I heard that it with the Wii controls was 10x better. Is it Wii Zapper Compatible, and if so, is it better to use it?) Definitely get AC. What's Disaster? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

Factor 5 sounds familiar, what have they made?

And I'll probably just rent SMG, Z:TP, Okami, MKW, FE:RD and BWII. I have Gamefly so renting games is very convenient :D

P.S. Thanks for the quick response and quite a few recommendations

Hunter_118
No problem. We don't know a ton about Disaster, so I can't answer that, but Factor 5 is most well known for Star Wars: Rogue Squadron and that series (at least to me). They also made Lair, but we won't mention that ...
Hunter_118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800 Hunter_118

What was Rogue Squadron? It sounds familiar I just can't place it.

And why won't we mention Lair? Because it's a PS3 title? If so then that's something us 360 owners and Wii owners can agree on. We should come together and destroy the PS3