Wii Game Recommendation thread - ALL 'Which game to get' questions HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 McMurmur
Member since 2005 • 1427 Posts

Quick Q:

Endless Ocean or Zach and Wiki?

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#702 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

Quick Q:

McMurmur

Well the 2 dont seem really comparable, if you want a game thats actually a game, get zach and wiki, if you want to just kick back and relax every once in a while, get endless ocean.

Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#703 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
[QUOTE="McMurmur"]

Quick Q:

gamer6464

Well the 2 dont seem really comparable, if you want a game thats actually a game, get zach and wiki, if you want to just kick back and relax every once in a while, get endless ocean.

agree the game are completely dif. genre.. That said: I recomemded Z&W.. (you should know thus that i have not try ocean, its gameplay just do not appeal to me..)

anyway... I quote myself on my opinion on this zack and wiki (sorry tired)

Z&W: click adventure/puzzle game. The graphics are childish, but do not let them fool you, like I said to one of my my friends and to many that have ask about this game. Getting the high ranking in some puzzle made me doubt how I graudated from med school :P :lol: The puzzle are challenging enough and fun as well. They start short and not that hard and both feature increase during gameplay. Also have some extra stuff, like finding treasures and such if you like collecting feature in games.chang_1910

hope that helps :D

enjoy gaming...

McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704 McMurmur
[QUOTE="gamer6464"][QUOTE="McMurmur"]

Quick Q:

chang_1910

agree the game are completely dif. genre.. That said: I recomemded Z&W.. (you should know thus that i have not try ocean, its gameplay just do not appeal to me..)

anyway... I quote myself on my opinion on this zack and wiki (sorry tired)

Z&W: click adventure/puzzle game. The graphics are childish, but do not let them fool you, like I said to one of my my friends and to many that have ask about this game. Getting the high ranking in some puzzle made me doubt how I graudated from med school :P :lol: The puzzle are challenging enough and fun as well. They start short and not that hard and both feature increase during gameplay. Also have some extra stuff, like finding treasures and such if you like collecting feature in games.chang_1910

hope that helps :D

enjoy gaming...

Thanks for the help man.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
np.. but is girl :P
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#706 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I recently got my Wii and I'm looking forward to getting more games for it. I've been thinking a little about Mario Galaxy since everyone says it is great. I've never really been a big Mario fan, would I still enjoy it?
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#707 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

I recently got my Wii and I'm looking forward to getting more games for it. I've been thinking a little about Mario Galaxy since everyone says it is great. I've never really been a big Mario fan, would I still enjoy it?ForsakenWicked

I loved Mario Galaxy and I wasn't the biggest fan of Sunshine, and Super Mario 64 was only mildly fun to me. Galaxy is one of the most creative and fun games I've ever played. Every level is so different, and fun to explore. Watch the review on Gamespot and see if it looks good to you.

Also, I would reccomend Brawl and Zelda TP if you haven't gotten them yet.

gangstaa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#708 gangstaa9
Member since 2007 • 258 Posts

I recently got my Wii and I'm looking forward to getting more games for it. I've been thinking a little about Mario Galaxy since everyone says it is great. I've never really been a big Mario fan, would I still enjoy it?ForsakenWicked

Well i'm not sure what kind of games you like but brawl and zelda are 2 awsome games. Not a big fan of galaxy though it gets kinda old. If you like sports games Madden 08 and MLB 2K8 are good. The only games I suggest to defintly not get are pokemon battel revolution and NBA live 08.

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#709 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm really looking forward to getting Zelda and I already own Brawl.
McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 McMurmur

np.. but is girl :Pchang_1910

Little late but sorry about that one. Thing is, I'm still on the fence about the whole Endless Ocean or Zach and Wiki debacle. I pretty much know what to expect when it comes to Endless Ocean, but as for Z & W, what kind of length can I expect out of one playthrough?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I do not remember how long it took me.. (I tend to play about 4 hours per day) but I will say it was arounnd 15h...

Also I quote from GS review:

"Zack & Wiki is the sort of game that, if you know all the solutions, you could probably blow through in a long afternoon. Odds are it will take you quite a bit longer than that on your first play-through, since you'll undoubtedly have to spend some time staring at all the various pieces of the puzzles before things will start to make sense. Fortunately, the game does have some replay value. Apart from hidden treasure and items you can discover, some of the puzzles themselves can even be solved multiple ways"

hope that helps./.

McMurmur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 McMurmur

I do not remember how long it took me.. (I tend to play about 4 hours per day) but I will say it was arounnd 15h...

"Zack & Wiki is the sort of game that, if you know all the solutions, you could probably blow through in a long afternoon. Odds are it will take you quite a bit longer than that on your first play-through, since you'll undoubtedly have to spend some time staring at all the various pieces of the puzzles before things will start to make sense. Fortunately, the game does have some replay value. Apart from hidden treasure and items you can discover, some of the puzzles themselves can even be solved multiple ways"

hope that helps./.

chang_1910

Again, thank you. I'll look into it.

Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 Aznsilvrboy
Member since 2002 • 11495 Posts
What's a GOOD Wii game that makes GOOD use of the Wiimote AND supports multi-player as well and is out NOW (so dont say Mario Kart). Getting someone a Wii game as a present tomorrow, need some suggestions.
Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#715 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts
What's a GOOD Wii game that makes GOOD use of the Wiimote AND supports multi-player as well and is out NOW (so dont say Mario Kart). Getting someone a Wii game as a present tomorrow, need some suggestions.Aznsilvrboy
All I can think of is Warioware :? that is probably the best with good use of the remote AND multiplayer (Brawl has great multi, while Galaxy, Medal of Honor, and a few others use the remote really well). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 Aznsilvrboy
Member since 2002 • 11495 Posts

[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]What's a GOOD Wii game that makes GOOD use of the Wiimote AND supports multi-player as well and is out NOW (so dont say Mario Kart). Getting someone a Wii game as a present tomorrow, need some suggestions.Phantom5800
All I can think of is Warioware :? that is probably the best with good use of the remote AND multiplayer (Brawl has great multi, while Galaxy, Medal of Honor, and a few others use the remote really well). Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

It's okay, between Mario Party 8 and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, which one is a better party game?

s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#717 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Is Baseball Stars 2 any fun? Also, should I get Bomberman '93 or wait for the wiiware version?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

I do not play sports games...

as for bomberman 93 it is one of my favs bomberman games... is a bit easier compare to others but fun as hell....

Now with the wiiware one comming, and if you would not like 2 bomberman games I would just wait to see how would taht be (from screens looks about the same gameplay/type of game, no an adventure but the braking blocks and killing enemies lvl by lvl... ) And if the wiiware ends up being fun and as good, just get that one.. if it turns out bad (Which I doubt) then get `93

Hope that helps :)

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Is Baseball Stars 2 any fun? Also, should I get Bomberman '93 or wait for the wiiware version?s-baller23

I heard SNK is releasing a compilation of SNK games, so you might as well wait for it.

Havn't played Bomberman 93 :(
AlienSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 AlienSoldier
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]What's a GOOD Wii game that makes GOOD use of the Wiimote AND supports multi-player as well and is out NOW (so dont say Mario Kart). Getting someone a Wii game as a present tomorrow, need some suggestions.Aznsilvrboy

It's okay, between Mario Party 8 and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz, which one is a better party game?

Gamerankings average review scores

Mario party 8 63%

Monkey ball 73%

as you can see both games are average at best, I would just get them a better game such as Brawl or Mario kart in a few weeks.

Phantom5800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 Phantom5800
Member since 2006 • 10200 Posts

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]What's a GOOD Wii game that makes GOOD use of the Wiimote AND supports multi-player as well and is out NOW (so dont say Mario Kart). Getting someone a Wii game as a present tomorrow, need some suggestions.Aznsilvrboy

Monkey Ball has a frustrating single player and only a few good minigames, and Mario Party is basically the same game it has always been (but it is very good for multiplayer). So if you are looking for a lasting multiplayer, of the two, get Mario Party
gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts
[QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]

[QUOTE="Phantom5800"][QUOTE="Aznsilvrboy"]What's a GOOD Wii game that makes GOOD use of the Wiimote AND supports multi-player as well and is out NOW (so dont say Mario Kart). Getting someone a Wii game as a present tomorrow, need some suggestions.Phantom5800

Monkey Ball has a frustrating single player and only a few good minigames, and Mario Party is basically the same game it has always been (but it is very good for multiplayer). So if you are looking for a lasting multiplayer, of the two, get Mario Party

yes, mario party 8 is tons of fun, dont listen to the reviews.

Ticklethis275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723 Ticklethis275
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

Galaxy or SSBB??????

And does Galaxy have online?

AlienSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724 AlienSoldier

Galaxy or SSBB??????

And does Galaxy have online?

Ticklethis275

Galaxy does not have online play, SSBB will last you a lot longer if you plan to play it online.

Ticklethis275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 Ticklethis275
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts
k thanks so much I will get SSBB then.
AlienSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726 AlienSoldier

k thanks so much I will get SSBB then.Ticklethis275

Don't base your decision on what I say, I am wrong a lot of times :) just saying that if you want to play online then Brawl is the way to go, Mario Kart Wii may also be alot of fun but it's not out until the end of the month in US, 11th in Europe. Mario Galaxy is a nice game that should stay on your list though, but I'm not sure about how long you will be playing it for after you've finished it. I would say SSBB has alot more staying power as will Mario Kart simply because of multiplayer and online play.

s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 s-baller23
What's more fun on the VC: Gunstar Heroes or Contra?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

What's more fun on the VC: Gunstar Heroes or Contra?s-baller23

I have no play gunstar heroes... but Contra is freaking priceless... co-op great... :)

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729 EmilioDigsIt

[QUOTE="s-baller23"]What's more fun on the VC: Gunstar Heroes or Contra?chang_1910

I have no play gunstar heroes... but Contra is freaking priceless... co-op great... :)

Ugh... that's a very hard choice...
I'd probably say that Gunstar is easier because of the tighter controls... but that's just my opinion...
Both really great games... so... I don't know. Flip a coin.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
I have really been wanting to try out some of the Older Sonic games so which one should I start with? Or would it be cheaper to just by Sonic Mega Collection?
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731 s-baller23

I have really been wanting to try out some of the Older Sonic games so which one should I start with? Or would it be cheaper to just by Sonic Mega Collection?TheColbert

I personally like Sonic the Hedgehog 2 the best.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732 EmilioDigsIt

[QUOTE="TheColbert"]I have really been wanting to try out some of the Older Sonic games so which one should I start with? Or would it be cheaper to just by Sonic Mega Collection?s-baller23

I personally like Sonic the Hedgehog 2 the best.

Yeah, it would be cheaper to just get the Mega Collection, but its alot of fun playing the games just on the console.
Sonic 2 & 3 are real great.
s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 s-baller23
I really like this thread. Thanks to the kind members and their knowledge I have made some smart purchases. I have a few questions though. I have never played a Zelda game, they look boring but I know they are very good games with a large fanbase. Anyway, is Ocarina of Time, or a Link to the Past a better purchase on the VC? Also, I've played Contar and it is soooooo hard. I've researched and I've been contemplating whether or not I should download Contra 3 or Gunstar Heroes on the VC.
EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734 EmilioDigsIt
I really like this thread. Thanks to the kind members and their knowledge I have made some smart purchases. I have a few questions though. I have never played a Zelda game, they look boring but I know they are very good games with a large fanbase. Anyway, is Ocarina of Time, or a Link to the Past a better purchase on the VC? Also, I've played Contar and it is soooooo hard. I've researched and I've been contemplating whether or not I should download Contra 3 or Gunstar Heroes on the VC.s-baller23

Orcarina of Time and Link to the Past is like choosing Cake or Pie, Pancakes or Waffles... One is 2D, the other is 3D, but both great games.

On Contra 3, I think it might be more difficult than Contra. I say you should just hit up Gunstar Heroes before going on to another Contra.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="s-baller23"]I really like this thread. Thanks to the kind members and their knowledge I have made some smart purchases. I have a few questions though. I have never played a Zelda game, they look boring but I know they are very good games with a large fanbase. Anyway, is Ocarina of Time, or a Link to the Past a better purchase on the VC? Also, I've played Contar and it is soooooo hard. I've researched and I've been contemplating whether or not I should download Contra 3 or Gunstar Heroes on the VC.EmilioDigsIt

Orcarina of Time and Link to the Past is like choosing Cake or Pie, Pancakes or Waffles... One is 2D, the other is 3D, but both great games.

On Contra 3, I think it might be more difficult than Contra. I say you should just hit up Gunstar Heroes before going on to another Contra.

agree with LoZ... OoT is one of the best games as well as Link to the past. OoT has the fame of being THE best LoZ, but maybe is bc of nostalgic I LOVE LInk to the past... I even got that one and the 1st one before OoT (I did not got them on release) now again it may be nostalgic...

Either way they both are great... and will give you gameplay and fun for your $$$$.

Again never played Gunstar.. but yea Contra is hard.. It does not have the 30 life thing for VC?? EmilioDigs do you know?

Enjoy...

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

I really like this thread. Thanks to the kind members and their knowledge I have made some smart purchases. I have a few questions though. I have never played a Zelda game, they look boring but I know they are very good games with a large fanbase. Anyway, is Ocarina of Time, or a Link to the Past a better purchase on the VC? Also, I've played Contar and it is soooooo hard. I've researched and I've been contemplating whether or not I should download Contra 3 or Gunstar Heroes on the VC.s-baller23

Agreeing with everyone else choosing between Link to the Past or Ocarina of time is a hard choice, but I would say Ocarina of time. Its just a great game and so much fun. Also I have Gunstar Heroes and its also really fun. Its not really hard so u should be able to handle it. Hope this helps

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737 EmilioDigsIt

[QUOTE="EmilioDigsIt"][QUOTE="s-baller23"]I really like this thread. Thanks to the kind members and their knowledge I have made some smart purchases. I have a few questions though. I have never played a Zelda game, they look boring but I know they are very good games with a large fanbase. Anyway, is Ocarina of Time, or a Link to the Past a better purchase on the VC? Also, I've played Contar and it is soooooo hard. I've researched and I've been contemplating whether or not I should download Contra 3 or Gunstar Heroes on the VC.chang_1910

agree with LoZ... OoT is one of the best games as well as Link to the past. OoT has the fame of being THE best LoZ, but maybe is bc of nostalgic I LOVE LInk to the past... I even got that one and the 1st one before OoT (I did not got them on release) now again it may be nostalgic...

Either way they both are great... and will give you gameplay and fun for your $$$$.

Again never played Gunstar.. but yea Contra is hard.. It does not have the 30 life thing for VC?? EmilioDigs do you know?

Enjoy...

Contra SHOULD have the 30 life cheat, but I'm not 100% sure since some VC games have been modified.
AndyDaMan2k8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738 AndyDaMan2k8
Member since 2008 • 124 Posts
Best Game Gotta Be Wii Sports LoL :D Bowling Is Amazing :D
memphis5280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 memphis5280
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
1. Is Call Of Duty 3 worth $20? 2.Is Zach and Wiki a good buy?
Akel777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#740 Akel777
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts

1. Is Call Of Duty 3 worth $20? 2.Is Zach and Wiki a good buy?memphis5280

Zack and Wiki is only good if you like the genre/ like or don't mind the cute anime style. It's one of the better 3rd party games to support and the price shouldn't be that much now. A solid 15 hours or so hours of fun, headscratching puzzles(as long as you don't buy hints or look up faqs). There is some extra stuff to do after you beat the game, but they aren't that great. More like a diversion for the bored. I managed to scrounge out 30 hours somehow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

about Zack and wiki .. I quote myself... (lazy)

like teh one above said.. if you do not mind playing games with goofy, childish design you would like it :)

and quote myself again:

hope that helps./.

chang_1910

Its_a_me_luigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742 Its_a_me_luigi
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts

my friend from california says that the godfather is the greatest game ever. I havn't played it yet. what is it 1-10?

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 EmilioDigsIt

my friend from california says that the godfather is the greatest game ever. I havn't played it yet. what is it 1-10?

Its_a_me_luigi

Havnt played the Wii version, but I did enjoy the PC version. 7/10
Sportsmen2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#744 Sportsmen2008
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts

Hello

I was looking to get a new game. Either Medal Of Honor hereos 2 or Call of duty 3, I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice , which was better?

I have played RE 4(10), Super Mario Galaxy (9.5), The Godfather (9.0), Madden 08(9.0), TTrauma Center New Blood (8.5), Tiger Woods 08(7.0, Super Smash bros (9.0. The () is the way I would grade the games. I would love a great baseball game (which doesnt exist), or a great action adventure, shooting game aka resident evil.

Thanks guys

s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745 s-baller23

Hello

I was looking to get a new game. Either Medal Of Honor hereos 2 or Call of duty 3, I just wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice , which was better?

I have played RE 4(10), Super Mario Galaxy (9.5), The Godfather (9.0), Madden 08(9.0), TTrauma Center New Blood (8.5), Tiger Woods 08(7.0, Super Smash bros (9.0. The () is the way I would grade the games. I would love a great baseball game (which doesnt exist), or a great action adventure, shooting game aka resident evil.

Thanks guys

Sportsmen2008

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is better imo. Make sure to get it with the wii zapper, not necessarily needed, but it makes it more fun. As for a great baseball game, do yourself a favor and download Baseball Stars 2 on the VC. It is such a fun game.

PSP_DSL_ROX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746 PSP_DSL_ROX
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

I just got a Wii Zapper and I'm wondering if there are any games for it. I see the two games advertised from Nintendo that came with the zapper, but they don't really interest me.

Are there any really fun games that anyone enjoy to play, that would be appropriate if kids were to play? I really like the game that it comes with, but I'm hoping to find something for down the road when Link gets boring.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

alexhomee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747 alexhomee
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
Should I get No More Heroes?Mario Kart Wii?Call of Duty 3?
bobsarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748 bobsarcasm
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts

Should I get No More Heroes?Mario Kart Wii?Call of Duty 3?alexhomee

No More Heroes.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#749 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Get Ghost Squad. That works well with the Zapper and is family friendly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

[QUOTE="alexhomee"]Should I get No More Heroes?Mario Kart Wii?Call of Duty 3?bobsarcasm

No More Heroes.

Hmmmm.... well if you are looking for a longtime gaming time, you should go with MK (if you like teh genre and will play all the cups and then as multiplayer)

If you are looking for a action game, with sweet use of the wiimote and excellent humor. NMH. It would give you around 15-20h if you collect all the stuff (clothes, balls, technich and katana) I own this game and I`m on my second gameplay (it has extra stuff the second time) I loved every minute of it.

That said, eventually you should get both games :oops:

Also in moments like this for me is helpfull teh price (I do not care about launch days, I assume you neither) and atm NMH, has a good price cut: 34US$ (inlcuding shipping if US)

hope taht helps