*MODS LOCK PLEASE*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

At $400, you are getting a capable machine that will be supported for at least 5-6 years. You have some of the best developers in the world that develop exclusively for Sony. PS4 is selling out like crazy which pretty much guarantees it will get amazing third party and indie support. And all for $400. Don't have to work about upgrading your system, don't have to keep dropping cash. I mean, maybe you could use a PC for RTS games, but you can easily play those on a regular computer. So what gives? The graphics on the PS4 are good enough. 1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

How many games are 1080P@60FPS? And how many future titles will also be running at that?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........................no

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

they have to be, PS4 is irresistible!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

BF4 1080p, 60fps

Also, "graphics are good enough" that started earlier than I thought

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-next-gen-face-off?utm_source=eurogamer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=net-daily

"Running with the ultimate preset enabled and the original TressFX in action, it's clear that the Definitive Edition delivers an upgrade in select areas, but fails to trump the PC game in all respects. Certainly, when it comes to running at 1080p60 - or with even higher resolutions and frame-rate - no other platform can truly offer a PC-beating experience."

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13713-resolution-gate-controversy-continues-watch-dogs-runs-900p-and-1080p-ps4.html

"Upcoming hacker game, 900p/30FPS XBO, 1080p/30FPS PS4" "Certain upcoming Polish game 720p/30FPS XBO, 900p/PS4 (working hard to keep 1080p)."

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/thief-1080p-on-ps4-900p-on-xbox-one-30fps-on-both-24227

"Square confirmed that the game will run at 30 frames-per-second on both versions. No edge for Sony on that front."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/the-order-1886as-mixed-signals

"The brief 10-minute hands-off demo I witnessed confirmed some of my fears. The portion of the adventure I saw ran relatively poorly, with sudden, sharp transitions between scenes, audio issues, and a lagging framerate"

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

because when i see games like battlefield or crysis run flawless on my pc i wonder how can people play them on consoles having a MUCH MUCH better counterparts. The only real reason i see to having a console are exclusives, nothing else. When i play gta v i feel like a sad panda thinking i cannot play it like i played gta iv on my pc full without fps drops, jaggies, loading problems and with much much better graphics.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@mrintro said:

At $400, you are getting a capable machine that will be supported for at least 5-6 years. You have some of the best developers in the world that develop exclusively for Sony. PS4 is selling out like crazy which pretty much guarantees it will get amazing third party and indie support. And all for $400. Don't have to work about upgrading your system, don't have to keep dropping cash. I mean, maybe you could use a PC for RTS games, but you can easily play those on a regular computer. So what gives? The graphics on the PS4 are good enough. 1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

You know you can buy a GPU better than the PS4's for around $120-$150 right?

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Of course they are jelly, they are just stubborn and won't admit. I bet most of them secretly owns a PS4, there's no way to consider yourself a "hardcore gamer" and game only on PCs, you'd miss on so much stuff.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib

@V3rciS said:

Of course they are jelly, they are just stubborn and won't admit. I bet most of them secretly owns a PS4, there's no way to consider yourself a "hardcore gamer" and game only on PCs, you'd miss on so much stuff.

There's no reason to own a PS4 right now if you have a gaming PC

also, people who call themselves "hardcore gamers" are laughable

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Consolites are already saying "graphics are good enough". Didn't the gen just start? Wow.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Because I would run out of money faster. They should be ashamed of themselves for pricing games so high.

Here's a few examples from Amazon.

Watch dogs = £48(PS4) £30(PC)

Assassins Creed IV = £47(PS4) £32(PC)

Wolfenstien The new order = £50(PS4) £30(PC)

Then I'd have to pay money to play on-line.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

It's cheaper to game on PC in the long run, but more expensive up front. Also, no Total War on Playstation thus, PC wins.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I'm going to forgo talking about how the PC is cheaper, and more convenient than consoles in this day and age, and I also won't mention things like mods, better graphics, more controller options, and more features.

Here is perhaps the biggest reason hermzits are not jelly of the PS4

• Games released on Steam in the last week - 28
  • Games released on PS4 in the last week - 2

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

@V3rciS said:

That's why I have a Wii U. Nintendo > Sony for gameplay.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@V3rciS said:

Why would I buy a PS4? My PC plays multiplats better, and the only exclusives atm are horseshit like Killzone and Knack. Upcoming exclusives like The Order look boring as ****. The only remotely decent exclusive is Resogun, and I doubt that would last me more than a few hours--not to mention, if I wanted a schmup, I could just replay the great Ikaruga, which was just re-released on steam.

Oh, and don't forget how I'd also have to pay to play multiplayer online! So much to be jealous of. /s

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Why would anyone be jelly of a 900pStation with a tablet CPU and a GPU barely matches the 2010 mid-range GPU 570 and that is when Sony is about to die and consolol gaming is taking its last breaths? We have better looking games and more technically advanced games 3 years back than the 900pStation will ever see in its life.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrintro

@zeeshanhaider said:

Why would anyone be jelly of a 900pStation with a tablet CPU and a GPU barely matches the 2010 mid-range GPU 570 and that is when Sony is about to die and consolol gaming is taking its last breaths? We have better looking games and more technically advanced games 3 years back than the 900pStation will ever see in its life.

but you don't have Uncharted, Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, heck, you don't even have GTA 5 yet.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I'm not jealous because my PC is much better than the PS4 and i own a PS4.

@lostrib said:

There's no reason to own a PS4 right now if you have a gaming PC

also, people who call themselves "hardcore gamers" are laughable

Even though i own both, you're spot on with both statements.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostrib

@mrintro said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

but you don't have Uncharted, Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid, heck, you don't even have GTA 5 yet.

neither does the PS4 at the moment...

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

Why would either be jealous of one another if you could have both?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@lostrib said:

It is a pretty frightening thought that barely 6 months into the generation people are already pulling the "good enough" and similar terms card. I remember well into 2009 people still thought console graphics could match PCs... (KZ2/UC2)

Is it a sign that we are more enlightened or is this console generation simply further behind PC than ever?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

@lostrib said:

It is a pretty frightening thought that barely 6 months into the generation people are already pulling the "good enough" and similar terms card. I remember well into 2009 people still thought console graphics could match PCs... (KZ2/UC2)

Is it a sign that we are more enlightened or is this console generation simply further behind PC than ever?

It's a bit of both, more enlightened and the current gen consoles are much further behind PC tech than the 360 and PS3 were when they launched.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lostrib

@Mozelleple112 said:

@lostrib said:

well this time the consoles didn't launch at the high end. They are closer to mid range PCs

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

Why would I be jelly at a low end system that play games at 1080p@30fps(and some times 800p@30fps) when I play my games at 2560x1440@60fps/ultra settings and with better controls? Not to mention that it cost me less as well.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Because for $300 more i have something that runs games better have access to a much larger library of games has backwards compatibility have access to mods has cheaper games and can do more than a console can

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Because people don't get jealous of less powerful hardware. Really bad thread.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@MK-Professor:

Except those resolutions aren't happening in the living room. And even if they were, nobody would see them unless they were sitting right in front of the screen.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

They are jelly. It's the reason they hop in every thread and blabber about how there pc runs the game 10fps better but forget to mention there pc cost 2x the price. Or how they talk about all theses ad Advantages the pc version has ( resolution beyond 1080p)and fail to mention there pc and display isn't even capable of running it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@mrintro: now the way cows go off on X1 graphics not being good enough, but you sit and say ps4 graphics are good enough when comparing to PC? And that's not hypocritical? PC destroys consoles. Deal with this. I am a console gamer. I always own multiple consoles, but can't stand the BS fanboys spit on this board.

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

Because it's hard to justify spending $400 on a downgrade.....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@mrintro said:

Don't have to work about upgrading your system

Nope, that's a fact. All you need to worry about is that games will start making sacrifices to look good near the end.

Sacrifices like lowering the FPS to below 30FPS, like GTA V did to look good near the end of the PS3s lifetime

@mrintro said:

don't have to keep dropping cash.

Nope, no worries there. Besides that fact that games are 1/5th more expensive than they are on PC. And about 1/3rd more expensive a few months down the line.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@Murderstyle75 said:

@MK-Professor:

Except those resolutions aren't happening in the living room. And even if they were, nobody would see them unless they were sitting right in front of the screen.

So console gamers should stop arguing about resolutions?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I see no reason to be jealous of the PS4. My PC can do everything it does, but better and a whole lot more.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

It's cheaper to game on PC in the long run, but more expensive up front. Also, no Total War on Playstation thus, PC wins.

Wasn't that expensive for me at all =P

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

I could see where a PC gamer could be jealous of the PS4 because the price and the exclusives. Not only that Battlefield 4 is a mess on my PC and full of bugs. The PS4 version doesn't have this problem. However, a PC does have better graphics and some people prefer KB&M. It's best to just have both.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

I could see where a PC gamer could be jealous of the PS4 because the price and the exclusives. Not only that Battlefield 4 is a mess on my PC and full of bugs. The PS4 version doesn't have this problem. However, a PC does have better graphics and some people prefer KB&M. It's best to just have both.

The PS4 version of Battlefield 4 is a mess, too, from what I've read on the US & EU PS forums.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I have both and do a considerable amount more gaming on my PC. The PS4 has nothing going for it yet.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Why would I be jealous of inferior graphics and unstable framerates? Do you really think PC gamers are jelly of killzone?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

Spouting the same shit again considering a lot pc gamers here have pc more capable of running games better than the ps4 not at 900p/30fps aleast. Not like you need to pay that much to run the same games better lol

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@MK-Professor:

So console gamers should stop arguing about resolutions?

didnt you know resolution does not matter when your always last!

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

PC has better graphics, the games are much cheaper on sales and you can mod them. Also upgrading is not a bad thing. In three years from now the PC will smash the PS4 and you won't see any games on the PS4 at 1080p @60fps because they will have to drop res and frames to keep up with PC.

Finally, the PC is backwards compatible and those older games are awesome and dirty cheap.

The PS4 is a good system and is cheap but it's not something to compare to a gaming PC.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mrintro

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrintro said:

Don't have to work about upgrading your system

Nope, that's a fact. All you need to worry about is that games will start making sacrifices to look good near the end.

Sacrifices like lowering the FPS to below 30FPS, like GTA V did to look good near the end of the PS3s lifetime

@mrintro said:

don't have to keep dropping cash.

Nope, no worries there. Besides that fact that games are 1/5th more expensive than they are on PC. And about 1/3rd more expensive a few months down the line.

Console games go on sales quickly these days. Also, PS+ gives you free games.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@mrintro said:

By "best developers in the world" you mean just Sony, right ?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

1. Considerably cheaper games. I managed to pick up Titanfall for £30. The cheapest price for it on the Xbone is £47. That's before the crazy sales even start.

2. Choice, I can play with whatever controller I want, at whatever resolution I want, with whatever effects I want turned on or off (or even add effects not in the game with external programs/mods).

3. Every media feature you could ever want, and easy to access. What happens if I want to listen to music AND play a game, such a complex task right? We need a special upgrade to be able to do this right? Oh, no, you just press play in a media player and then start your game.

4. Backwards compatibility now and forever. All these great PS4 games you mention, what happens when the PS5 comes out? Will they just be dumped again like the PS3 was? Will I get to "enjoy" paying to access games I already owned and streaming them in questionable quality from a data center somewhere?

4. Pay as much or as little as you want. Sure, I paid a considerable amount for my PC, but that doesn't mean you have to. You can build thousands of different combinations of PC, plus, even though you might miss out on having the very best graphics, you still get the rest of the benefits which is something people like to ignore.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Meh, I'll wait a year or two, early adoption means full price games with skimpy selection.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

One of my most favorite genres RTS, like CoH2, SC2, and Total War series, is not on PS4 and doesn't fit on consoles. Most of my anticipated games are available on PC and best played on the platform such as Watch Dogs and The Witcher 3. I see more value and worth on the Wii U than the PS4 for a PC gamer because there aren't much PC games similar to Nintendo's games.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

10fps better

30 fps better.

30 to 60 is huge.