*MODS LOCK PLEASE*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

i share treedoor's opinion on metacritic, and reviews in general.

as time's gone by, reviews have become less and less helpful to me.

I'll usually check the reviews and then check actual gameplay on youtube, and then decide if the game is worth the time and money

#302 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

@lostrib: yeah pretty much. there are a few reviewers who opinions i appreciate more - but that doesn't mean i could recommend that reviewer for someone else.

i liken it to getting gaming suggestions from two different friends, one who tends to like the games you like, and one who doesn't - i mean, both of them might be forming very well thought out opinions, but the difference is one guy's opinion is more relevant

to me.

it's a big big topic. but in summary i think metacritic as a shortcut just doesn't cut it.

#303 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -
@CrownKingArthur said:

@lostrib: yeah pretty much. there are a few reviewers who opinions i appreciate more - but that doesn't mean i could recommend that reviewer for someone else.

i liken it to getting gaming suggestions from two different friends, one who tends to like the games you like, and one who doesn't - i mean, both of them might be forming very well thought out opinions, but the difference is one guy's opinion is more relevant

to me.

it's a big big topic. but in summary i think metacritic as a shortcut just doesn't cut it.

And then there's always the issue of when you go to metacritic and there is a huge disparity between critic reviews and user reviews.

#304 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

@lostrib: yeah.

it's game over man. it's game over!

#305 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

#306 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

#307 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

#308 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

#309 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -
@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

To be frank, I'm finding it hard to justify why I bought a PS4.... No games on it till March, the UI is bland, the store lacking etc.

#310 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

#311 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@mrintro said:

master race no more

yeah i don't like that term

i prefer 'juarbles gamer'

#312 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

more like you just want to dismiss any thing I say and somehow equate that with not having a legitimate answer. but anyway, time to move on

#313 Edited by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

Can the PS4 do 1080p/60FPS - No

Does the PS4 have DLNA - No

Does the PS4 have games - No

Master what?

#314 Edited by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

more like you just want to dismiss any thing I say and somehow equate that with not having a legitimate answer. but anyway, time to move on

you didn't provide any reasons why I should be "jelly"

#315 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

more like you just want to dismiss any thing I say and somehow equate that with not having a legitimate answer. but anyway, time to move on

TBH its pretty easy to dismiss you considering the joke of a thread this is.

Jealous of a system with no games just because its cheap and has decent graphics... for a year tops...

come on now.

#316 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

more like you just want to dismiss any thing I say and somehow equate that with not having a legitimate answer. but anyway, time to move on

TBH its pretty easy to dismiss you considering the joke of a thread this is.

Jealous of a system with no games just because its cheap and has decent graphics... for a year tops...

come on now.

lmao the system came just came out 3 months ago, is STILL sold out, managed to sell 5+ million units in that span, and the system sucks?.and then you want to complain about games? what PC exclusives are there in recent memory? also, you do realize PS4's architecture is much easier to develop for this time around and will pretty much secure most of the PC games you'll be getting. also, good lucky playing PS4 exclusives, Sony has the best 1st party developers.. so tell me, what exactly am I missing in PC? games like LoL which I can play on my old laptop? or Titanfall, which also can be played on my laptop. also, PC developers aim for widest distribution to sell as many units as possible, so what do care for? pay money for 120 frames per second in 1440p? wow.

#317 Posted by napo_sp (285 posts) -

console boys, come back when you can have digital combat simulator on your consoles, until then suck on your beloved mindless on rail games

#318 Edited by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

more like you just want to dismiss any thing I say and somehow equate that with not having a legitimate answer. but anyway, time to move on

TBH its pretty easy to dismiss you considering the joke of a thread this is.

Jealous of a system with no games just because its cheap and has decent graphics... for a year tops...

come on now.

lmao the system came just came out 3 months ago, is STILL sold out, managed to sell 5+ million units in that span, and the system sucks?.and then you want to complain about games? what PC exclusives are there in recent memory? also, you do realize PS4's architecture is much easier to develop for this time around and will pretty much secure most of the PC games you'll be getting. also, good lucky playing PS4 exclusives, Sony has the best 1st party developers.. so tell me, what exactly am I missing in PC? games like LoL which I can play on my old laptop? or Titanfall, which also can be played on my laptop. also, PC developers aim for widest distribution to sell as many units as possible, so what do care for? pay money for 120 frames per second in 1440p? wow.

A few things:

Sales =/= quality, just look at COD.

There have been a number of recent PC exclusives

The PS4 architecture is similar to PC architecture, so it sounds just as likely for multiplats to be developed on PC and ported to PS4

"good lucky"--lol

You've been complaining about how expensive PC gaming is, but now you're complaining that it has great games that can be played on low cost hardware?

Ps4 can't play PC exclusives (or even play multiplats as well as PC), and PC can't play PS4 exclusives. This is a dumb reason, especially since no "must have" PS4 exclusives have released yet.

Many games are scalable, and some need high end hardware to look their best.

#319 Edited by TheFadeForever (1832 posts) -

@mrintro:

can your old labtop play Arma 3?

#320 Posted by 04dcarraher (19681 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Right, still has nothing to do with why PC gamers should be "jelly" of PS4

master race no more

since you have yet to give a legitimate answer, there seems to be no reason to be "jelly" of PS4

more like you just want to dismiss any thing I say and somehow equate that with not having a legitimate answer. but anyway, time to move on

TBH its pretty easy to dismiss you considering the joke of a thread this is.

Jealous of a system with no games just because its cheap and has decent graphics... for a year tops...

come on now.

lmao the system came just came out 3 months ago, is STILL sold out, managed to sell 5+ million units in that span, and the system sucks?.and then you want to complain about games? what PC exclusives are there in recent memory? also, you do realize PS4's architecture is much easier to develop for this time around and will pretty much secure most of the PC games you'll be getting. also, good lucky playing PS4 exclusives, Sony has the best 1st party developers.. so tell me, what exactly am I missing in PC? games like LoL which I can play on my old laptop? or Titanfall, which also can be played on my laptop. also, PC developers aim for widest distribution to sell as many units as possible, so what do care for? pay money for 120 frames per second in 1440p? wow.

Consoler's have no patience and only know what is advertized and are arrowed minded.... rushing out to buy a new console when their still fixing and patching to get it out of beta stage. People spending 400/500 dollars for a console to play 2-3 exclusives while the rest are multiplatform and have less multimedia features then previous gen. All you have to do is look at any pc only game released in late 2013 and all this year to see pc exclusives out number and out score that are better then those few on each new console. Saying how pc like the PS4 is saying it will be secure most of the pc games is just so wrong.... all major companies are multiplatform and have been since 2006 and they still make pc exclusives and how about all those little devs and publishers too.... Go good luck getting those Pc exclusives on PS4.

Again another Sony bias opinion claiming Sony has the best 1st party devs when many those games in my opinion are linear as hell, or boring and or have very little replay value. Believe it or not your missing alot of pc games since it seems your Sony goggles only steer you towards Sony/ PS4....

#321 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

@mrintro:

can your old labtop play Arma 3?

ofcourse it can't it cant even play LoL or DoTA at 60 FPS 1080p I bet, but he will undermine the importance of this I'm sure. lying out of his ass claiming titanfall would work.

Difference between being able to run games and having them "how they should be" ... but not surprising from a consolite not to understand this.

Most of those games he thinks he will claim are not suited to a controller, hes just being a moron.

Ironically his PS4 development comment works both ways and likely even less console-exclusives will exist this generation.... the only games cows will have is the ones sony buys... or obscure japanese games that have not stood the test of time in the west.

#322 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@mrintro:

can your old labtop play Arma 3?

ofcourse it can't it cant even play LoL or DoTA at 60 FPS 1080p I bet, but he will undermine the importance of this I'm sure. lying out of his ass claiming titanfall would work.

Difference between being able to run games and having them "how they should be" ... but not surprising from a consolite not to understand this.

Most of those games he thinks he will claim are not suited to a controller, hes just being a moron.

Ironically his PS4 development comment works both ways and likely even less console-exclusives will exist this generation.... the only games cows will have is the ones sony buys... or obscure japanese games that have not stood the test of time in the west.

lying out of my ass? if titanfall is coming out for 360, why would think it wouldn't work on my laptop? and what are you rambling about with the controller? also, PS4 exclusives are japanese games? so what do you think Infamous, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, DriveClub, Gran Turismo, MLB The Show, The Order 1886, Uncharted, even Ratchet and Clank?

#323 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@TheFadeForever said:

@mrintro:

can your old labtop play Arma 3?

ofcourse it can't it cant even play LoL or DoTA at 60 FPS 1080p I bet, but he will undermine the importance of this I'm sure. lying out of his ass claiming titanfall would work.

Difference between being able to run games and having them "how they should be" ... but not surprising from a consolite not to understand this.

Most of those games he thinks he will claim are not suited to a controller, hes just being a moron.

Ironically his PS4 development comment works both ways and likely even less console-exclusives will exist this generation.... the only games cows will have is the ones sony buys... or obscure japanese games that have not stood the test of time in the west.

lying out of my ass? if titanfall is coming out for 360, why would think it wouldn't work on my laptop? and what are you rambling about with the controller? also, PS4 exclusives are japanese games? so what do you think Infamous, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, DriveClub, Gran Turismo, MLB The Show, The Order 1886, Uncharted, even Ratchet and Clank?

Your laptop specs and age? you made the claim, its time for you to provide the proof.

Oh and..... running a game as I said, is not the same as playing it how it should be. Your laptop may run it, but you are at a massive disadvantage with old hardware in a fast paced game like that.... but yea, you have won such a big victory based on hardware right? still can't play it on your PS4... LOL.

I said "sony bought games" I should of done bought/developed... but I assumed you would have the foresight to see the obvious "any non-1st party games".

That list is depressing.... knowing that only half of them will come out in the next 2 years.... what a waste of money. I think I'l pick up a PS4 once its £250 and actually has something worth playing. infamous... LOL0

#324 Posted by Maroxad (8344 posts) -

Because not a single game that has been released or announced for it manages to get even the slightest bit of my interest.

Order looks lame as hell, inFamous 1 was so bad I will stay away from future iterations and titles like Knack and Killzone are games I wouldnt even play even if they were free. Likewise, my gaming PC is more powerful than a PS4 AND it gives me far more freedom than a console.

The PS4 barely did better than the Wii U in japan at launch.

Not to mention, PC has no paid online (unless you count p2p mmos). Between the PC, Wii U, XBone, PS4, 3DS and Vita, the PS4 is by far the least interesting of all choices.

#325 Posted by Newhopes (4587 posts) -

No games I want to play nor is there any in foreseeable future so what is they to be jelly of?

#326 Posted by Roler42 (768 posts) -

@mrintro: 252 games on my steam library and you keep trying to suggest i should be jelly and should instead invest up to 600 dollars in a machine with barely any games and nothing memorable to bring home

#327 Edited by Motokid6 (5723 posts) -

Let this thread die please. It's been, what... A month?

#328 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@mrintro said:

At $400, you are getting a capable machine that will be supported for at least 5-6 years. You have some of the best developers in the world that develop exclusively for Sony. PS4 is selling out like crazy which pretty much guarantees it will get amazing third party and indie support. And all for $400. Don't have to work about upgrading your system, don't have to keep dropping cash. I mean, maybe you could use a PC for RTS games, but you can easily play those on a regular computer. So what gives? The graphics on the PS4 are good enough. 1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

The fact the PC is an open platform and you can do pretty much everything from overclock your system to change your graphical settings for optimal performance versus a locked platform that's still newly being developed for and has no standards and practices yet or standardized frame rate or resolution?

Damn I wonder why hermits aren't jelly.

#329 Posted by lumzi32 (332 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

1. Considerably cheaper games. I managed to pick up Titanfall for £30. The cheapest price for it on the Xbone is £47. That's before the crazy sales even start.

2. Choice, I can play with whatever controller I want, at whatever resolution I want, with whatever effects I want turned on or off (or even add effects not in the game with external programs/mods).

3. Every media feature you could ever want, and easy to access. What happens if I want to listen to music AND play a game, such a complex task right? We need a special upgrade to be able to do this right? Oh, no, you just press play in a media player and then start your game.

4. Backwards compatibility now and forever. All these great PS4 games you mention, what happens when the PS5 comes out? Will they just be dumped again like the PS3 was? Will I get to "enjoy" paying to access games I already owned and streaming them in questionable quality from a data center somewhere?

4. Pay as much or as little as you want. Sure, I paid a considerable amount for my PC, but that doesn't mean you have to. You can build thousands of different combinations of PC, plus, even though you might miss out on having the very best graphics, you still get the rest of the benefits which is something people like to ignore.

Good points but from my experience of PC gaming, consoles still have an advantage or two.

1. Reliabilty. Most of games the games I have owned have had issues with installs or transfers or other such issues. For instance, I had to install restart the AC: Black Flack installation process several times before I could get it to work. I have had similar issues with other games as well. On consoles, even if there is a glitch that prevents installation, you can just play completely from the disc. Slot and play. Easy.

2. Controller Uniformity. Yes, you can play with every controller you want on PC... or can you? Take the Wii U controller, for example. I am sure there is a similar clone of such a thing on PC but I doubt it has wide spread support (if any support at all). Even interfaces invented for PC like the Novint Falcon don't have total support (I am sure I have seen quite a few games that should be supported, but aren't). Wide variety is nice so long as it isn't hamstrung my limited support. Still more conventional controllers are supported which is good. That said, there are still experiences you can have on consoles that aren't really available or realistic for PC (especially if you include handhelds).

3. PC hastles. This is an inherent problem that fuels number 1 on my list. Malware, compatibility issues, and the inherent complexity of PC's makes consoles a simpler proposition overall. Even with more robust OS's than in the past, consoles are still all about ease of use. And ease of use is expected (if not widely celebrated).

#330 Posted by Roler42 (768 posts) -

@lumzi32:

1.- most console games won't let you play until their day 1 patches install, if you don't like to play online you're screwed because inserting the disc alone is not even gonna make the cut so consoles stopped being "reliable" since last gen

2.- handhelds and console/PC are completely different fields, this is why whenever someone tries to claim mobile gaming is a console killer is laughed at, apples and oranges, and what "realsitic" experience? A controller is a controller no matter wich platform you play it in

3.- Malware is your fault for browsing risky websites, compatibilty issues only arrive if you are too incompetent when you put together your PC, i had this PC for a while now and I never ran into a "compatibility issue" and mind you, this is a PC with a now obsolete GPU

"ease of use" is gone from consoles: You have to log into your profile, wait for installs/patches, online fees, DLC checks and sometimes updates for the console itself that will not let you play anything until they are completely installed

On the PC? click buy, click download, click play, done, dealing with the specs is a one time thing only unless you are too ignorant or too lazy to figure out how to put it together, so any "issue" you run into is usually your fault or the fault of the developers

#331 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Again, you have an opinion, good for you. And yet again you haven't given any reason to be jealous of the PS4 as a hermit. Are you ever going to get around to giving a reason or should I just stop bothering with entering this useless thread?

#332 Edited by lumzi32 (332 posts) -

@roler42 said:

@lumzi32:

1.- most console games won't let you play until their day 1 patches install, if you don't like to play online you're screwed because inserting the disc alone is not even gonna make the cut so consoles stopped being "reliable" since last gen

2.- handhelds and console/PC are completely different fields, this is why whenever someone tries to claim mobile gaming is a console killer is laughed at, apples and oranges, and what "realsitic" experience? A controller is a controller no matter wich platform you play it in

3.- Malware is your fault for browsing risky websites, compatibilty issues only arrive if you are too incompetent when you put together your PC, i had this PC for a while now and I never ran into a "compatibility issue" and mind you, this is a PC with a now obsolete GPU

"ease of use" is gone from consoles: You have to log into your profile, wait for installs/patches, online fees, DLC checks and sometimes updates for the console itself that will not let you play anything until they are completely installed

On the PC? click buy, click download, click play, done, dealing with the specs is a one time thing only unless you are too ignorant or too lazy to figure out how to put it together, so any "issue" you run into is usually your fault or the fault of the developers

1. That is minor. A day one patch is a one time thing. Quite a few PC games hamstring your single player experiences without an online connection..

2. I won't really argue distinction between consoles and handhelds except to say that handhelds are also known as handheld consoles. They are functionally the same except that one is portable and doesn't connect to a tv. Besides the Wii U isn't a handheld. And by 'realistic' I was refering to the definition with similar meaning as 'practical.'

3. I'll give you Malware, but fact that your level of experience as a PC builder/user is required to mitigate compatibility issues is EXACTLY the point. Such a thing generally foreign to consoles even in this day and age, for most users. Merely finding the right parts is a minor nightmare. Then once you have it built there are all sorts of little things that could trip you up. Something as popularly used as a registry cleaner can cause problems (even Ccleaner). Using some advanced anti-malware can cause problems (Combofix). Using the default drivers that come with your sound card can cause problems. Hell even some of the software that comes with your Mobo manufacturer can cause problems. I download a patch for a game only to find that game won't run because, due to the fact that it is a popular download the ISP stored a copy of it on their site... an old copy that is incompatible with the game. Much rigmaroling ensues. Even the patches are absurd. On consoles, I find that ridiculous patches are far and few between. With Xcom on PC the first day patch might be actually HALF the size of the game! With most newer games the average patch size seems to be at least 1gig.

ONE GIG!

And I am just excited to see what total 12GB revision (hyperbole... or is it?) Blizzard will require for Legacy of the Void regardless of whether or not I own the expansion.

No, however you slice it, PC's can be a pain in the butt when compared to something like consoles. Putting it together sloppily might be my fault, but on consoles that won't even be an issue.

#333 Edited by Roler42 (768 posts) -

@lumzi32:

1.- It's also minor on the PC but rather than blame ubisoft for it, you preferred to blame it on PC gaming and tried to use it as a point to favor console gaming, wich in the end both issues are on the same level

2.- I will repeat myself for this one: A controller is a controller, practical is practical no matter where you use it, unless it's better epxerienced with kb/m it ultimately depends on the game, not the platform

3.- You know what my experience with building PC ammounted to? Going to a PC shop, and ask the tech guy "I have a tight budget, can you put together a PC for me with this money?"

All the things you mention about malware again are your own fault, I rarely have to use ccleaner because i don't abuse my pc and because i don't browse random websites, nearly all your PC issues tend to be your own fault, and those things you mention about the mobo? I have never run into them, and again, all i did was ask a tech guy in a shop to put together a cheap gaming pc for me

Patches have never stopped me from enjoying my games, games on the PC patch by themselves, the size of the patch is up to the developer and even if consoles have smaller patches, that's mainly because they are limited to how much they can patch at the time, and you are still locked out from playing anything until it's installed, while I can wait for my patches to download while I play something else on my PC

Consoles can be a pain in the butt too, it works both ways, except on consoles you don't get much choice if a developer or your machine itself craps up

#334 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Again, you have an opinion, good for you. And yet again you haven't given any reason to be jealous of the PS4 as a hermit. Are you ever going to get around to giving a reason or should I just stop bothering with entering this useless thread?

it's funny how people on this forum argue. I've been giving plenty of reasons throughout this thread and yet the fanboys (including a moderator on SW is a fanboy) just ignore it and say I don't have an argument. Thanks for the counter argument pal!

#335 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

It's time to lay this thread to rest.

#336 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mrintro said:

It made sense to invest in a gaming rig for 7th gen, 7th gen games would kill my eyes just from looking at it. But now? I find it hard to justify the investment.

And good for you for having an opinion, but that does nothing to explain why hermits should be jealous of the PS4.

dude, I game on PC, I don't hate PC at all. it's just the cost-benefit of getting a new rig this gen doesn't have nearly as much advantage as it used to

Again, you have an opinion, good for you. And yet again you haven't given any reason to be jealous of the PS4 as a hermit. Are you ever going to get around to giving a reason or should I just stop bothering with entering this useless thread?

it's funny how people on this forum argue. I've been giving plenty of reasons throughout this thread and yet the fanboys (including a moderator on SW is a fanboy) just ignore it and say I don't have an argument. Thanks for the counter argument pal!

Your reasons were pretty much that it costs less and there are going to be exclusives...that's not much to get jelly about

#337 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@mrintro said:

It's time to lay this thread to rest.

so no one was jelly?

Best give up

#338 Posted by sonictrainer (15184 posts) -

Locked by request