*MODS LOCK PLEASE*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@clyde46:

@clyde46 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@GarGx1 said:

There is absolutely nothing on the PS4 that I want. May change my mind in the future but right now it's waste of money.

Infamous says hello, and multiplats is more fun on Ps4 with your PSN friends :D

Infamous is not out yet and what if his friends don't have PSN+?

As I said there is nothing out yet to tempt me into getting a PS4 and 1 game is not going to get me to fork out for a console either. As Clyde also said, my friends are not on PSN+. Beside I have also don't want to pay for playing games, I've already bought, online. I haven't played a subscription game since SW:TOR.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@razu2444 said:

PS4 is the way to go... game wise.

What?

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#153 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

No jelly here. If I was actually interested in the PS4, I'd get one. Why be jelly if you can simply buy it?

If the rumored PS1/2 emulator turns out to be true, I'll buy one. I don't like playing those games on my PC.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@mrintro:

Between you and me I'm sure my PC is more powerful than theirs. It's obvious he doesn't understand the concept of only utilizing 80% of the PSU otherwise it will run hotter. PC as you know is DDR3 versus PS4. I never claim to know everything. I admit I haven't priced GPU's these days. I built mine last year. I'm sure they don't understand the concept when it comes to SSD knowing IOPS is important when compared to the write and read speeds. That's why at that time I went with the Vertex 4. Actually the OCZ Revodrive has 220,000 IOPS. It's obvious some of these guys don't read numbers. And I'm sure they don't realize the GTX 690 outperforms the GTX 780. It's almost impossible to beat dual GPU's with a single. Not in every benchmark due to the fact that 690 has less RAM true. Speaking of PC games I saw some that had horrible graphics. Multiplats are good but some PC exclusives looked horrible. The don't understand the concept of the PS4 motherboard. Distance in hardware means time. Everything in PS4 has less distance to travel versus a PC. I heard one of the companies were going to start making a CPU/GPU combo?

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i agree.

how can pc gamers not be jelly of ps4?

also of x1 and wii?

and also how can console gamers not find themselves jelly of pc gaming?

seriously.

i have no idea how any of you can go with just one thing.

i have to have to option to play anything that comes out.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#156 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@mrintro:

Between you and me I'm sure my PC is more powerful than theirs. It's obvious he doesn't understand the concept of only utilizing 80% of the PSU otherwise it will run hotter. PC as you know is DDR3 versus PS4. I never claim to know everything. I admit I haven't priced GPU's these days. I built mine last year. I'm sure they don't understand the concept when it comes to SSD knowing IOPS is important when compared to the write and read speeds. That's why at that time I went with the Vertex 4. Actually the OCZ Revodrive has 220,000 IOPS. It's obvious some of these guys don't read numbers. And I'm sure they don't realize the GTX 690 outperforms the GTX 780. It's almost impossible to beat dual GPU's with a single. Not in every benchmark due to the fact that 690 has less RAM true. Speaking of PC games I saw some that had horrible graphics. Multiplats are good but some PC exclusives looked horrible. The don't understand the concept of the PS4 motherboard. Distance in hardware means time. Everything in PS4 has less distance to travel versus a PC. I heard one of the companies were going to start making a CPU/GPU combo?

The way I look at it, why would I invest so much just to get moderately better than the PS4? Also, if you're going to develop for PC, why would you make a game solely for the enthusiasts? You're probably going to want to make something that most people can play. And the PS4 will cover you pretty much most of the time.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#157 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@mrintro said:

The way I look at it, why would I invest so much just to get moderately better than the PS4? Also, if you're going to develop for PC, why would you make a game solely for the enthusiasts? You're probably going to want to make something that most people can play. And the PS4 will cover you pretty much most of the time.

'So much'? You people must not have jobs. I can drop $1,000 right now and not miss it tomorrow, so why would I be afraid to spend that much on my hobby?

Consoles are limiting. Too few control inputs, no chance to expand the game with mods, hell they even often limit how you can reassign controls.

And beyond that, there are genre that just don't work on consoles. There aren't any flight sims on consoles for a reason.

You may as well ask why gourmet burger joints exist when there's McDonald's.

I have exactly 0.00 interest in consoles. None. Nadda. Zip. They just aren't for people like me who prefer cerebral games that you can actually **** up and HAVE to start over to button-mashing games that are designed to ensure everyone can beat them as long as they just keep playing. Booo-ring.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mrintro: Even if we go by your logic, you do realize that in the end Devs will still want to develop for the PC? since it has more people gaming on it than all consoles combined (even the new gen consoles)

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I will say it for the millionth time...

1. Consoles = Exclusives
  2. PC = Everything else

The difference between buying a GPU for $400 and a $400 console is that you have to wait till that $400 console has a game that you can't get on your PC that you want to play... I chose a GTX 780 Ti over this generation of console because from the looks of it the PC has every game on them but looking better out of the gate, so until the PS4 gets its "Last of Us" I won't be getting it.

If you don't have a gaming PC then the X1 and PS4 are must have's... But if you do then unless your someone who just must buy it for the sake of having it like a technology OCD then its the waiting game.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

The price argument is always funny to me. Consolites act like console gaming is cheap. Also if you can afford it then who cares. I can afford to drop 1100 on a rig and not give a damn. Sorry if you can't but I can. Not that I'm rich but I have a decent job and can afford things. Every one is in a different situation. Price isn't a real argument. Gaming is an expensive hobby. You aren't saving money by buying a console, you are just choosing to spend it on software, services, and peripherals. Either way you will be price gouged because gamin is an expensive hobby period.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#161  Edited By istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

There aren't any games worth playing that warrants me to buy a Ps4 nor want to spend money to play online.

Happy with playing games on my pc. Only game I play on a console atm is Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mrintro said:

Please, just stop with your crap

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#163  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

You can build a gaming PC today that last 4-6 years without any major problems depending on how much you care about running stuff on high.. Rendering in general has hit a point where massive increases don't really happen anymore. Engines also scale extremely well. People can play Battlefield 4 on the PC with 6 year old GPUs. It's pretty insane.

Personally I don't like having to turn down settings and I upgrade ever 2-3 years, but that's just me. I'm a power user who doesn't mind spending $800 every about 2 year on new parts. You really don't need to do that. Investing about $1200 into a PC today will last you 4-6 years no problem. It's a higher initial investment sure but it will pay for itself with the lower prices of games and expanded library.

I'll bet a person who plays newer games on the PS4 will spend more in 6 years on the PS4 than a person who dropped $1200 on a PC. Between PS+ and $60 new games it's pretty easy to blow a lot of money on a game console.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By RimacBugatti

@mrintro:

Agreed! I mean yes initially it was fun building the PC but it was also a waste of money. And your right the PS4 will suite the true gamers just fine. Not to mention I don't think you can use VITA with a PC?

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Roler42

@RimacBugatti: You mean the same vita that flopped?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#166  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

How can Ferrari owners not be jelly of Corolla owners? Runs on the streets good enough. Great bargain!

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

lol wow, this thread is still going?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By lostrib

@RimacBugatti said:

@mrintro:

Agreed! I mean yes initially it was fun building the PC but it was also a waste of money. And your right the PS4 will suite the true gamers just fine. Not to mention I don't think you can use VITA with a PC?

Then perhaps learn to spend your money more wisely

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 RimacBugatti

@roler42:

Vita blows away tablets which are very popular so that just goes to show you the perception of non gamers. Yeah so we have the Nvidia Shield but still no games. Now the Vita library is struggling yes agreed but it offers the best gaming experience as far as handhelds. It's not Sony's fault that people would rather play ridiculous games on a tablet. Granted there is some great driving games and a game called Real Boxing but overall Vita is awesome in comparison. Sony knows best. The humility of the Japanese.

dbtbandit67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 dbtbandit67
Member since 2012 • 415 Posts

PC gaming is awesome, it's PC gamers that are stupid.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 lostrib

@dbtbandit67 said:

PC gaming is awesome, it's PC gamers that are stupid.

nuh uh, you are!

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@mrintro said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@mrintro:

The way I look at it, why would I invest so much just to get moderately better than the PS4?

Moderately? It would be more like dramatically, the PS4 is a low to mid range PC, a Top of the line or decent PC smokes the PS4 by miles on any and every level.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I currently bought around $600 worth of PC parts. The only thing left is a gpu. That'll be around $850 in total. It never even crossed my mind to spend any of that on a PS4. I will soon be running every game on ultra setting and as well be able to do anything on a PC, from browsing the web to graphic designing. Certaily a better value than a console.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@SexyJazzCat said:

I currently bought around $600 worth of PC parts. The only thing left is a gpu. That'll be around $850 in total. It never even crossed my mind to spend any of that on a PS4. I will soon be running every game on ultra setting and as well be able to do anything on a PC, from browsing the web to graphic designing. Certaily a better value than a console.

But will you get access to three, yes THREE, exclusive games like the PS4 has?

Immeasurable value! Access to three new games for $400.

PS4 - The only way to play

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@treedoor said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

But will you get access to three, yes THREE, exclusive games like the PS4 has?

Immeasurable value! Access to three new games for $400.

PS4 - The only way to play

Three WHOLE exclusives? You sold me. I regret my purchase now

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 mrintro

@SexyJazzCat said:

Shouldn't you have waited since most games out already can be played by current PCs pretty well?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 RimacBugatti

@mrintro:

Your right and not to mention the devs are too lazy to take advantage of the power of a top end PC. So all that power for absolutely nothing.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

Because only consolites use the word jelly... you guys all sound like 13 year old school girls.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Roler42

@dbtbandit67: This would be a valid point but then again... PC gamers don't get ripped off as often as console gamers >.>

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mrintro said:

At $400, you are getting a capable machine that will be supported for at least 5-6 years. You have some of the best developers in the world that develop exclusively for Sony. PS4 is selling out like crazy which pretty much guarantees it will get amazing third party and indie support. And all for $400. Don't have to work about upgrading your system, don't have to keep dropping cash. I mean, maybe you could use a PC for RTS games, but you can easily play those on a regular computer. So what gives? The graphics on the PS4 are good enough. 1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

IMO, the visuals for the ps4, at least at this time, are the BARE MINIMUM for what a next gen console should have. Yes, ps4 will have stellar exclusives, just like the ps3, but to claim a group o people jealous because of that is silly. Let me ask you this; are you jealous of the pc platform, which offers the largest back catalog of games, most versatile control input/setup, the cheapest/deals on games, and lastly--to state reality--the ability to play almost every console dating back as early as gaming started?

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#181  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

...seriously, the PS4?

The only reason a PC gamer would own a PS4 now is they shrugged and said, "well, it's not very expensive, might as well...".

There is no game at the moment that makes the PS4 worth getting. My PS3 blows away the PS4 at the moment in terms of games worth playing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-5920bf77daa85

@V3rciS said:

Of course they are jelly, they are just stubborn and won't admit. I bet most of them secretly owns a PS4, there's no way to consider yourself a "hardcore gamer" and game only on PCs, you'd miss on so much stuff.

I doubt people who play strategy games, building games, or space sims think they are missing out on anything by not owning a PS4.

Though if you want exclusive boob-bouncing-physics games, or top-tier cutscenes, you are missing out by not owning a console.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By mrintro

@Heirren said:

@mrintro said:

At $400, you are getting a capable machine that will be supported for at least 5-6 years. You have some of the best developers in the world that develop exclusively for Sony. PS4 is selling out like crazy which pretty much guarantees it will get amazing third party and indie support. And all for $400. Don't have to work about upgrading your system, don't have to keep dropping cash. I mean, maybe you could use a PC for RTS games, but you can easily play those on a regular computer. So what gives? The graphics on the PS4 are good enough. 1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

IMO, the visuals for the ps4, at least at this time, are the BARE MINIMUM for what a next gen console should have. Yes, ps4 will have stellar exclusives, just like the ps3, but to claim a group o people jealous because of that is silly. Let me ask you this; are you jealous of the pc platform, which offers the largest back catalog of games, most versatile control input/setup, the cheapest/deals on games, and lastly--to state reality--the ability to play almost every console dating back as early as gaming started?

I wanna play new games on a new system developed by people who want to push the medium forward. I have that with Sony. If I want to play old PC games I can play them on my old PC. Odds are though, if I didn't play it then, I probably wouldn't play it now.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@GhoX said:

How can Ferrari owners not be jelly of Corolla owners? Runs on the streets good enough. Great bargain!

why buy ferrari when a corolla can do the same! why eat in a 5 star restaurant when you can go to mcdonald's for less!!!

consolite logic.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Roler42

@mrintro: That would imply the PC is not getting new games at all and that the PS4 is the only platform getting new games

I will have to add that mentalities like that "don't want to play old games" is what's killing replay value on most AAA titles and also a reason why we keep getting yearly releases...

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 mrintro

@roler42 said:

@mrintro: That would imply the PC is not getting new games at all and that the PS4 is the only platform getting new games

I will have to add that mentalities like that "don't want to play old games" is what's killing replay value on most AAA titles and also a reason why we keep getting yearly releases...

Aside from RTS and some niche categories, I can't remember the last time PC had a truly revolutionary game last gen

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Roler42

@mrintro: So now you changed the topic from "new games" to "revolutionary games" then again, you believe spending 400 dollars on a machine that has yet to get a proper library is a good investment, I can also use the same argument and tell you I can't remember the last time consoles had a truly revolutionary game last gen

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

I'll be gaming at proper high res 21:9 display while ps4 boys are getting 21:9 800p the order with black bars on their limited 16:9 TV!

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By mrintro

@roler42 said:

@mrintro: So now you changed the topic from "new games" to "revolutionary games" then again, you believe spending 400 dollars on a machine that has yet to get a proper library is a good investment, I can also use the same argument and tell you I can't remember the last time consoles had a truly revolutionary game last gen

most recently, there was a game that came out last year, called the last of us, it won a bunch of game of the year awards

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@V3rciS said:

Of course they are jelly, they are just stubborn and won't admit. I bet most of them secretly owns a PS4, there's no way to consider yourself a "hardcore gamer" and game only on PCs, you'd miss on so much stuff.

Even though I own a PS4 (so I'm speaking from experience) what exactly are PC gamers missing out on? If you own a PC vs a PS4 who's got the better games so far each month since the PS4 launch? Wanna predict who has the better months of the next few too?

I like my PS4 and I believe it will get some fantastic games but at the minute its a netflixstation.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Roler42

@mrintro: What did it do to earn those awards? Was it the gameplay? or was it simply the plot? Was it the voice acting? What did TLOU do to earn these awards? I never played it and I only go from word of mouth, so please enlighten me, what did TLOU had to warrant investing money on a ps3 and the 60 dollars it cost?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#192 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@mrintro said:

@roler42 said:

most recently, there was a game that came out last year, called the last of us, it won a bunch of game of the year awards

The last of us is a good game, not revolutionary, but good. I don't think we will ever see many revolutionary games in the future.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 mrintro

@roler42 said:

@mrintro: What did it do to earn those awards? Was it the gameplay? or was it simply the plot? Was it the voice acting? What did TLOU do to earn these awards? I never played it and I only go from word of mouth, so please enlighten me, what did TLOU had to warrant investing money on a ps3 and the 60 dollars it cost?

it revolutionized the way we experience storytelling in games, it's THAT engrossing. for the most part, it avoids a lot of gameplay cliches and it's really well developed with a lot of variety and unique boss battles.admittedly, there are a few kinks with the enemy AI, but it more than makes up for it as a whole. it also does survival horror really well, especially if you play on the tougher levels. it's the kind of game that will set trends for this coming gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mrintro said:

@Heirren said:

@mrintro said:

I wanna play new games on a new system developed by people who want to push the medium forward. I have that with Sony. If I want to play old PC games I can play them on my old PC. Odds are though, if I didn't play it then, I probably wouldn't play it now.

And I agree with you to an extent. Though lets be honest, the current lineup of ps4 games is very lackluster imo, and even on the horizon looks to be more of the same. I own a wiiu and ps4 and at this point in time the wiiu obliterates it in terms of available software, and software ariving in the next year. The point that you missed is that, by the time the ps4 software really starts arriving--which it will--the visuals may actually seem dated by then due to the accelerated nature of pc graphics cards. In addition to that, you also ignore genres like sims and rts which are very absent on consoles(though I think with the 1080p nature of the ps4, we may actually start seeing the rts genre represented).

Also, you mention new people pushing the medium forward, yet right now I don't see any of that on ps4.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

BF4 1080p, 60fps

Also, "graphics are good enough" that started earlier than I thought

I thought BF4 was 900p on PS4 and 720P on X1?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By lostrib

@mrintro said:

@roler42 said:

Aside from RTS and some niche categories, I can't remember the last time PC had a truly revolutionary game last gen

Let's see: Minecraft, DayZ, Half Life 2, LoL/DOTA, Crysis

Do you purposely try to be wrong?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 lostrib

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

BF4 1080p, 60fps

...it is, but on my PC 1080p/60fps

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

BF4 1080p, 60fps

...it is, but on my PC 1080p/60fps

Ok that's what i though. But the Sony only people will say how that resolution difference doesn't matter. I wonder if PC players started coming around saying the PS4 was an under powered piece of crap, what there defense would be?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85

"Revolutionary" games on a console?

I guess when you compare yourself to Nintendo, these claims don't seem quite so stupid.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By mrintro

@lostrib said:

@mrintro said:

@roler42 said:

Let's see: Minecraft, DayZ, Half Life 2, LoL/DOTA, Crysis

Do you purposely try to be wrong?

Mincecraft? You mean legos in virtual reality? You mean the game I can play on console? Or the one I can play on a 10 year old computer?

DayZ isn't even out yet and it's revolutionary?

Half LIfe 2 - so you point to a 10 year old game as your last revolution?

Lol/DOTA - MMO, RTS, same difference.

Crysis had nice graphics I guess, but the series is on console now anyway. Which brings up my point about PS4 being the favored platform.