*MODS LOCK PLEASE*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

Uh...I don't like stuttery frame rates, poor anti-aliasing and reduced graphical quality.

Why would I be jealous of the PS4 when I have a PC that plays every multiplat with better graphics and performance (which are most games), and I also get to enjoy all the many PC exclusives, the wonderful world of mods, cheaper games, free online, etc.

I have a PS4 for any of the exclusives that come along that I like. Generally, though, there are only a handful of exclusives over an entire generation that I like on any console.

Doing all your gaming on PS4 is such a second rate way to game.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#102 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

I might be jealous if it had some decent games. Right now nothing is worth it on the PS4.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

no tc just no however those with ultra pc set ups are only 10% of the market and definitely not on this board, but you are right gamers on ps4 will have better GFX than 90% of pc gamers

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

Supposedly these consoles are going to last 10 years or so. Don't see it happening since they came out of the gate about 2 years behind in power (at least). PS4 and Xbox 1 are weak pieces of hardware compared to my gaming rig.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

@naz99 said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........................no

This. A so-called "next-gen" console that only matches mid-tier gaming PCs at launch, no games to play yet... Meanwhile, the PC will always be getting better performance, more games, AND more great games with greater variety.

And I didn't even need to mention mods, replayability, or the freedom we get to pick whatever control scheme we want.

Overall the PS4 just looks like the poor man's choice.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

no tc just no however those with ultra pc set ups are only 10% of the market and definitely not on this board, but you are right gamers on ps4 will have better GFX than 90% of pc gamers

I'm on this board and I have an ultra PC.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By lglz1337

@clyde46: NO!

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

How can PS4 gamers not be jelly of THE ONE?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lglz1337

@FoxbatAlpha: LMAO!

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#110 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@IamAdorable said:

How many games are 1080P@60FPS? And how many future titles will also be running at that?

Plenty. Right now i just finished outlast at 1080/60 then MGSV, PES 2015, all Fifa's, NBA 2k14, resogun, final fantasy XIV, Dying Light, all noob of Duty games, and im 100% sure Gran Turismo 7 will be 1080/60 at minimum. Very few games i will play will be 1080/30.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#111  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

There is absolutely nothing on the PS4 that I want. May change my mind in the future but right now it's waste of money.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts
@KillzoneSnake said:

Plenty. Right now i just finished outlast at 1080/60 then MGSV, PES 2015, all Fifa's, NBA 2k14, resogun, final fantasy XIV, Dying Light, all noob of Duty games, and im 100% sure Gran Turismo 7 will be 1080/60 at minimum. Very few games i will play will be 1080/30.

Those are quite a few titles. I was referring to the graphical powerhouses though. Infamous doesn't run at 60FPS. And neither does The Order. I don't care about resolutions and such, but he is addressing PC gamers(who get this performance easily) regarding this whole '1080P/60FPS' ordeal, yet the big titles coming out are not reaching that. Maybe future titles will. Uncharted 4 running at that would be impressive.

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@Consternated said:

@chriscoolguy said:

I could see where a PC gamer could be jealous of the PS4 because the price and the exclusives. Not only that Battlefield 4 is a mess on my PC and full of bugs. The PS4 version doesn't have this problem. However, a PC does have better graphics and some people prefer KB&M. It's best to just have both.

The PS4 version of Battlefield 4 is a mess, too, from what I've read on the US & EU PS forums.

It actually works quite well. I have no issues

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

There is absolutely nothing on the PS4 that I want. May change my mind in the future but right now it's waste of money.

Infamous says hello, and multiplats is more fun on Ps4 with your PSN friends :D

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: The only issue I have with PC gaming is mandatory internet which also includes a temporary internet for every purchased game (Xbone). PS4 overall is the easiest route. I played COD Black Ops 2 on a GTX 690 and wow it was an amazing game. Also Last Light and Crysis 3. PC is the best experience hands down but to build a computer that will last 5 years you have to spend atleast $1500. Plus the yearly internet fees. Plus power consumption bill increase. Plus usually people play computers on monitors additional cost. Not to mention computers take up way more space. PS4 is the perfect answer.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

The PC has been the best gaming system around since forever, so what's there to be jealous about?

That being said, I'd very much like to have a Quad.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: The only issue I have with PC gaming is mandatory internet which also includes a temporary internet for every purchased game (Xbone). PS4 overall is the easiest route. I played COD Black Ops 2 on a GTX 690 and wow it was an amazing game. Also Last Light and Crysis 3. PC is the best experience hands down but to build a computer that will last 5 years you have to spend atleast $1500. Plus the yearly internet fees. Plus power consumption bill increase. Plus usually people play computers on monitors additional cost. Not to mention computers take up way more space. PS4 is the perfect answer.

great answer! and there's also the hassle of hooking up your computer to your HDTV

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

My previous PC build lasted me 7 years, to upgrade it i simply had to spend $350, I already had everything (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc) If I want a PC that outperforms both the PS4 and the Xbone all I have to do is spend $150 on a Maxwell card

Not to mention, all the space my PC takes is a simple desk, it's really not different from having a console hooked onto a TV, so I dont' know where this fairy tale nonsense is coming from, lol I do know however that you are very ignorant about PC gaming

By the way, you are paying PSN fees on top of your internet bill wich means you're spending more on the console than the PC

RaZoR500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 RaZoR500
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

@mrintro said:

At $400,you are getting a capable machine that will be supported for at least 5-6 years. You have some of the best developers in the world that develop exclusively for Sony. PS4 is selling out like crazy which pretty much guarantees it will get amazing third party and indie support. And all for $400. Don't have to work about upgrading your system, don't have to keep dropping cash. I mean, maybe you could use a PC for RTS games, but you can easily play those on a regular computer. So what gives? The graphics on the PS4 are good enough. 1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

It's simple why I am not jelly.

• I can afford more than a measly $400 on my hobby
  • All my favourite developers already develop for PC
  • I enjoy upgrading my system, it's fun and rewarding and can give some games which I might have not been able to max out a new life thus making it worth a second play through
  • RTS games are heavy on a system so no they can't be played on any computer
  • 1080p and 60fps? No thanks I want 1600p at 120fps, keep up with modern times tc.

Sure consoles are cheap and will last but lets be honest you only get what you pay for and with $400 it's not much

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@roler42:

I know people who have had $500 PC's and the performance doesn't compare to PS4. A $500 PC would never be able to play a game like Killzone as smooth as PS4 runs it. Those cheap a.. motherboards are garbage. Not to mention a lot of people lack the knowledge in knowing how much power they need for a PC. A PC with a decent video card needs a 1000 watt power supply to run lag free. Lag and framerate drops are due to starving the components. My GTX 690 pushed BO2 to 175 fps with everything turned up. The larger the power supply the cooler the PC will run. Not to mention PS4 has faster RAM than is available for PC's. Not to mention some PC games are as bad as some of the tablet games. No Infamous or Driveclub on PC.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@RimacBugatti: ps4 ram us nor faster than what is available on pc. Only thing ps4 has that pc doesn't are the exclusive games that come on it. Pc has everything else. Talk about exclusives and stop spreading bullshit lies

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@roler42:

I know people who have had $500 PC's and the performance doesn't compare to PS4. A $500 PC would never be able to play a game like Killzone as smooth as PS4 runs it. Those cheap a.. motherboards are garbage. Not to mention a lot of people lack the knowledge in knowing how much power they need for a PC. A PC with a decent video card needs a 1000 watt power supply to run lag free. Lag and framerate drops are due to starving the components. My GTX 690 pushed BO2 to 175 fps with everything turned up. The larger the power supply the cooler the PC will run. Not to mention PS4 has faster RAM than is available for PC's. Not to mention some PC games are as bad as some of the tablet games. No Infamous or Driveclub on PC.

And then I lol'd

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By NFJSupreme

@MonsieurX: that guy does not have a pc. It's pretty clear lol

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Roler42

@RimacBugatti said:

@roler42:

I rest my case about you being ignorant about the PC, LOL

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@roler42 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@roler42:

I'm curious - what did he say that was wrong?

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Roler42

@mrintro: For one... he says PS4 has faster RAM than the PC wich in itself is already silly because it would imply PS4 is faster than 16 gb RAM, then in his original post he talks about a $1500 for a PC that will last for 5 years, this with the claim that the PC can't run a game like Killzone SF as smooth as the PS4 is even sillier because:

The GTX 750ti can outperform the PS4 and the Xbone(and that card only costs $150), the PC already has games with the graphical level of KZ that run even smoother (remember the campaign runs at 30 fps while mp runs at 60 fps), then he mentions PC games are as bad as tablet games wich in itself is already dumb considering that AAA releases on consoles are infected with microtransactions.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@GarGx1 said:

and multiplats is more fun on Ps4 with your PSN friends :D

lmao what..

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NFJSupreme

@mrintro: he is a fake boy who doesn't have a pc.

1)he said you need a 1000watt psu for a decent gpu. Lol said no one ever. You need 500 to 550 for most single card gpus. 600+ if you want to be good for future upgrades. You only need 1000 watts if you have 2 or more really big gpus in your rig. Non sli/crossfire set ups do not 1000watt psu no matter what card it is. Anyone who says otherwise is clueless and should be ignored.

2)he said weak power supply is why frames are low. Lol that's so stupid the only response to that is lol.

3)he talks about cheap motherboards as if the motherboard for the ps4 is expensive. Also your motherboard has nothing to do with performance if you are not overclocking which is why the board in the ps4 is barebones cheap. Look it up.

4) then he said the larger the psu the cooler a computer runs. Again a statement so dumb the only response to that is lol. That defies the laws of physics let alone common sense.

5)he said ps4 has faster ram than what is available on pc. Flat out false. The ram on my gpu is faster and has a much larger bus than the ps4. I don't even have a super expensive card. Still rocking my 7950 which trounces the ps4 now and will continue to for its entire life.

Basically that guy is full of shit. Either he is a fake boy or the dumbest pc gamer ever.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mrintro said:

@roler42 said:

@RimacBugatti said:

@roler42:

I'm curious - what did he say that was wrong?

Pretty much everything

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 lostrib

@mrintro said:

@RimacBugatti said:

great answer! and there's also the hassle of hooking up your computer to your HDTV

Hooking your computer to an HDTV is pretty much the same hassle as attaching a console. You plug in an HDMI cable

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

This is why many people dislike consolites. Ignorance is bliss.

We are not jelly because we have better games and open access to hardware so that games run much better. It's as simple as that. And no, PS4 doesn't do 1080p. It's that or 720p at 60fps.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Jankarcop

@mrintro said:

1080p and 60fps is here and at a grand bargain!

Games that won't be 1080p and 60 fps on PS3:

-Order 1866

-Thief4

-Witcher3 (and likely Cyberpunk)

-Watchdogs

-Planetside2

-Everquest Next

And probably every major multiplat apart from CoD/sports/racing rehashes.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lostrib

@Cyberdot said:

We are not jelly because we have better games and open access to hardware so that games run much better. It's as simple as that. And no, PS4 doesn't do 1080p. It's that or 720p at 60fps.

BUT HOW MANY GOTY AWARDS YOU GOT! NO TLOU! EXCLUSIVES!

reggy72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 reggy72
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts

It amazes me just how delusional people here can be, Their is absolutely nothing on the PS4 at the moment that justifies the price of the machine, I talk from 1st hand experience, mine has sat for 6 weeks collecting dust alongside the Xbox One. The attachment some of you have to a corporate manufactured piece of plastic is laughable at best, but mainly downright sad.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jankarcop
@lglz1337 said:

Lets say your 10% is true. That is still several times more the amount of PC's than PS4's.

Not good for start of a gen, as we know the gap increases after that first year.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By aroxx_ab

@Jankarcop:

On psn you have all friends at one spot, no matter what game you play on PC you have them spread out over diff services like Steam, origin etc

...and dont forget all important achievements !!!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Cyberdot said:

i have both pc and ps/nintendo consoles since i was a kid and i will tell you, i love gaming on pc because games run so much better, thats why its my #1 multiplat option, but games are way better on consoles, there is no way around it, having a pc only is denying yourself a huge ammount of great games, while consolites even if they have to run most games with lower graphics at least they can run them

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By clyde46

@aroxx_ab said:

@GarGx1 said:

Infamous says hello, and multiplats is more fun on Ps4 with your PSN friends :D

Infamous is not out yet and what if his friends don't have PSN+?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 clyde46
@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

On psn you have all friends at one spot, no matter what game you play on PC you have them spread out over diff services like Steam, origin etc

Again, not all my friends have PSN. Also, achievements are worthless.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Jankarcop

@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

PS4 is the worst online of the 3 (PSN XBL and PC.) I know like 1 person who plays games online in PSN.

Why would I buy a ps4 to play inferior multipltats, crappy online, slow fps, and almost no games?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Why would I be jealous of a system that my PC destroys hands down? Let me know when there's an overclocked CPU and a 780ti in the PS4 for only $400. Then we'll talk about jealousy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By lostrib

@Krelian-co said:

@Cyberdot said:

i have both pc and ps/nintendo consoles since i was a kid and i will tell you, i love gaming on pc because games run so much better, thats why its my #1 multiplat option, but games are way better on consoles, there is no way around it, having a pc only is denying yourself a huge ammount of great games, while consolites even if they have to run most games with lower graphics at least they can run them

That of course depends what kinds of games you like

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

I'll most likely will eventually own a ps4 when their best devs start making great exclusives but why would I ever play a game on any console when my pc can play the same game anywhere from 45-60fp at 1440p with all the bells and wistles.. Also games are just a hell of a lot cheaper on pc I'll take the 5-15 dollar games over 60 dollar games anyday.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 aroxx_ab
@Jankarcop said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

PS4 is the worst online of the 3 (PSN XBL and PC.) I know like 1 person who plays games online in PSN.

Why would I buy a ps4 to play inferior multipltats, crappy online, slow fps, and almost no games?

1080p and 60fps is all that is needed, online also seems just fine... what you complain about?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By aroxx_ab

@clyde46 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

So you tell me NOW all my achievements i worked hard for is worthless?!?couldnt you said that earlier !!!!

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@clyde46 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

So you tell me NOW all my achievements i worked hard for is worthless?!?couldnt you said that earlier !!!!

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?GamerTag=Stallion83

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

@clyde46 said:
@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

people actually give a damn about achievements?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By aroxx_ab

@Krelian-co:

Yeah it gives replay value and it shows what you done in the game, and you can use it to compete with your friends and that is very fun :D

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Jankarcop

@aroxx_ab said:
@Jankarcop said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@Jankarcop:

1080p and 60fps

Don't even try to lie to me:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13713-resolution-gate-controversy-continues-watch-dogs-runs-900p-and-1080p-ps4.html

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/02/18/thief-confirmed-to-be-1080p30fps-on-ps4-900p30fps-on-xbox-one/

http://kotaku.com/the-order-1886-is-30-frames-per-second-and-darn-proud-1524644901

Most actual next-gen PS4 games won't be 1080p and 60fps.

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

No Point trying to persuade Hermits TC. They are in constant denial on how much they spent on their silly overpowered "nobody" cares platform.

Due to this fact alone, they will not deny it. If someone were to see it from a third party point of view on pure logic then yes a PS4 is the way to go financially and game wise.