La Noire on 360 is 3 discs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1351 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="xiayan"]What a bunch of fat F***'s! Is changing a disc every 15 hours an issue? Let's complain about turning on the console! Watching the bootup screen! Installing to the PS3, you know stuff that actually takes longer than hitting eject then insert disc..lolDa_lil_PimP
But you can do all that from your couch. You got to get up the change the disk.

but i can change a disk from where i'm sitting :|

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1352 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait...are you seriously telling me that I need to spend ten whole seconds swapping the disc a whopping two times throughout the entire game!?!? Well I'm certainly not getting it now :roll:

Brockbfball
wasnt my intention to make you reconsider your purchase, just posting news.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1353 TintedEyes

Blu-Ray for the win!

Aboogie5
Indeed
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1354 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

Why is this thread still going? Do people really care that much about disc swapping? Seriously? :|

The_Game21x

its died multiple times, for hours in some cases, only to be bumped by people saying 'why is this thread still going ( ^ :lol: )' or 'how has this got so many posts'.

[QUOTE="IronBass"]

Actually, this game proves the contrary, that DVDs still work fine.

jdt532

With that logic CDs would work fine too. Why not put the game on 37 CDs? The point is there's a better option out there so disk swapping shouldn't be necessary. Also there's the fact that most third party multi-platform games are on a single disk which makes you wonder if devs. are purposely holding out content so a game can fit on a single DVD.

so rather than just reading the link and seeing that as with the other cases where multiple disks have been needed the devs have tried to ensure the game is impacted as little as possible, you've just made up a ridiculous scenario and called it 'logic', if DVDs didn't work fine the game would score much lower than its bluray alternative or be criticized for lacking content in comparison with PS3 exclusives, just like all the other multiplats in this situation........haven't :|

as for your bizarre second point the restrictions consoles pose in general aswell as the devs own talent are far more game defining than the size a disk, unless you're just cherry-picking one thing then trying to make a mountain out of a molehill aswell :|.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1355 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

[QUOTE="Steppy_76"]That's the key phrase..."at this point". If this was a normal generation cycle we'd be6 months pre new system release. MS showed that they were completely correct about bluray not being needed this gen. The majority of games to this day are still single disc, and there hasn't been a single game that wasn't feasible to do on DVD. Cows back in 05 were claiming we'd be at this point 5 years ago when they were trying to justify bluray and its state at that point going in the PS3. Now MS can transition their next console to bluray when the technology is not only "cheap" but also is an upgrade over DVD in not only capacity but speed too. The whole bluray argument ended up going lems way not cows.

jdt532

You and M$ are right Blu-Ray or any media that holds more data isn't "needed" just like DVDs aren't "needed" either. Why not just put games on 40 CDs or hundreds of floppy disks? Yes most third party multi-platform games fit on a single DVD but games like L.A. Noire, Mass Effect 2, FFXIII, Rage and just about every PS3 exclusive prove that games can have allot more content that can fit in a 7.9GB DVD so you have to wounder if most third party devs just cut content or design their game from the start to be restricted to 7.9GB.

How do any of those PS3 exclusives in any way show anything about data size? Longer gameplay? Arguably slightly better graphics? The point remains we are closing in on 6 years of this gen and we are STILL at the point where there are only a handful of multidisc games. Your point about CD's also doesn't work because that medium would require EVERY game be multidisced, where DVD-9 still to this day allows for the vast majority to be single disc.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1356 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Lots of dishonesty in this thread, i.e, people acting like the TC was just innocently posting info. How naive or dishonest can you get? :?

Not that his thread is a big deal (after all, this is SW and the TC was just doing the SW thang and it's not like he was being rude or anything), but don't try to blow smoke up people's asses.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1357 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49606 Posts
That must really suck being a pc gamer.killab2oo5
Installing PC games is only one of many hassles involved. lol
DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1358 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

i guess some people are just lazy, i have never seen a thread this long about something that isn't even worth thinking about, disc swapping can easily be likened to simle little things like goint to the loo or making a cup of tea, it's not something even worth contemplating really, the only peope complaining about disk swapping are the people who refuse to use anything but the remote to change the channel on the television, there whole world falls apart when the batteries run out and they have to actually do something physical to get new batteries, although they probably have a spare set within arms reach, seriously guys, it takes 10 seconds to change a disk,it's not hard and it's not physically demanding and it doesn't break your immersion as much as goint to the loo so you can forget that argumant as well.delta3074

Cows need something to take away the pain that teh SONY doesn't care about them after all. What with no firewalls on old servers protecting their information, and causing thousands of PSN users to cancel credit cards and change passwords. I agree that changing a disk is no big deal at all. Really this should be taken for what it is... Cows attempt to get ownage and make themselves feel better about the fact that their online is crunked and their chosen consoles cred is wreaked this gen.

ScottMescudi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1359 ScottMescudi
Member since 2011 • 1550 Posts
PS3 because the PS3 version has exclusive content. But its not leaps better than the 360 version
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1360 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]Proof of me owning a 360 early on in the thread

Locutus_Picard

You're buying it on PS3...my point stands. It has zero impact on you. Just seems like a desperate cheapshot at 360 only players. Which is something a PS3 fanboy would do...your signature doesn't help that. So I suppose that's the real reason for all the responses. That and the fact that you have literally been camping near this thread for over a day now. It's a little odd.

He already said, maybe over a hundred times now he was actually planning to get it for his 360 but he changed his mind. And would you rather have TC abandon his topic after the very first post...like a post & run? Really?

And you believe that? :?

LanceSSJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1361 LanceSSJ
Member since 2003 • 882 Posts
quote me now, 360 will sell more then ps3 version
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1362 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
quote me now, 360 will sell more then ps3 versionLanceSSJ
It will not make it a better game.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1363 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="LanceSSJ"]quote me now, 360 will sell more then ps3 versionDroidPhysX

Its gonna be the same game on both platforms, number of discs or sales wont make either version better.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1364 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

You're buying it on PS3...my point stands. It has zero impact on you. Just seems like a desperate cheapshot at 360 only players. Which is something a PS3 fanboy would do...your signature doesn't help that. So I suppose that's the real reason for all the responses. That and the fact that you have literally been camping near this thread for over a day now. It's a little odd.

GreySeal9

He already said, maybe over a hundred times now he was actually planning to get it for his 360 but he changed his mind. And would you rather have TC abandon his topic after the very first post...like a post & run? Really?

And you believe that? :?

Why shouldn't he?

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1365 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
Unbelievable, System Wars.. I can't help but laugh at the fact that this thread is still going on. :lol:
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1366 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

Unbelievable, System Wars.. I can't help but laugh at the fact that this thread is still going on. :lol:xsubtownerx

It is a little ridonculous lol

FearNoAngel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1367 FearNoAngel5
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

ROFLMAO at whoever chose the 360...smh. 3 discs?! dam so last gen :P

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1368 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Cows need something to take away the pain that teh SONY doesn't care about them after all. What with no firewalls on old servers protecting their information, and causing thousands of PSN users to cancel credit cards and change passwords. I agree that changing a disk is no big deal at all. Really this should be taken for what it is... Cows attempt to get ownage and make themselves feel better about the fact that their online is crunked and their chosen consoles cred is wreaked this gen.

DireOwl

Yeah. So much that this point was said on the first page when the thread was only less than 20 posts. ... No wait. This point wasn't said on the first page what am I talking about? lol. It only took a few pages to make it look like DC. We all know other things don't happen when major events are happening, like the deal with the PSN. Nothing "negative" can be said about the 360. Weather you think multiple disks are negative or not is up to you. And it looks like this topic struck a chord with a few people. All in SW fun I say.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#1369 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i was getting it for the ps3 anyway :P

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1370 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
1k+ posts over this? really system wars?
incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1371 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts
I could care less about how many discs a game comes on, but I was talking to a Gamestop teller about upcoming games today and he said they got word Rage was going to be on 4 discs for 360. I don't know if this is old news or not, but I figured it's a related topic to this thread that some would find interesting.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1372 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
1k+ posts over this? really system wars?lawlessx
Disc swapping is a major issue :evil:
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1373 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="LanceSSJ"]quote me now, 360 will sell more then ps3 versionSnugenz

Its gonna be the same game on both platforms, number of discs or sales wont make either version better.

Nah it's not.. the PS3 version has an extra mission.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1374 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="IronBass"]

[QUOTE="tormentos"]This is not a big deal but it does show sony was right about Blu-Ray,DVD storage spaces doesn't cut it any more.jdt532

Actually, this game proves the contrary, that DVDs still work fine.

With that logic CDs would work fine too. Why not put the game on 37 CDs? The point is there's a better option out there so disk swapping shouldn't be necessary. Also there's the fact that most third party multi-platform games are on a single disk which makes you wounder if devs. are purposely holding out content so a game can fit on a single DVD.

Which can be on MS contracts with developers,forcing them to not release extra content on the PS3 version,we already read some time ago about some of MS politics about games that are multiplatform. I don't see a problem with the swapping but it does show that sony was right,dvd doesn't cut it any more.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#1375 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I could care less about how many discs a game comes on, but I was talking to a Gamespot teller about upcoming games today and he said they got word Rage was going to be on 4 discs for 360. I don't know if this is old news or not, but I figured it's a related topic to this thread that some would find interesting.incuensuocha
That's actually pretty cool since we know it's going to be lengthy and not another short eight hour campaign.
Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1376 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts
Unbelievable, System Wars.. I can't help but laugh at the fact that this thread is still going on. :lol:xsubtownerx
Yeah... I stopped posting in the thread a long time ago but just wanted to check up on it. To my surprise, TintedEyes is still reminding us that he thinks switching discs is a big deal, lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-635601fd996cc
deactivated-635601fd996cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1377 deactivated-635601fd996cc
Member since 2009 • 4381 Posts

ROFLMAO at whoever chose the 360...smh. 3 discs?! dam so last gen :P

FearNoAngel5
PC, last gen?
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1378 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

I could care less about how many discs a game comes on, but I was talking to a Gamespot teller about upcoming games today and he said they got word Rage was going to be on 4 discs for 360. I don't know if this is old news or not, but I figured it's a related topic to this thread that some would find interesting.incuensuocha

You know, if true, why is ID even putting Rage on the 360 if you need 4 disks to play it? I can see it with an RPG but FPS??

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1379 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

You know, if true, why is ID even putting Rage on the 360 if you need 4 disks to play it? I can see it with an RPG but FPS??

dream431ca

Well they're not going to completely skip out on a platform just because they need multiple discs. :P

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1380 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="incuensuocha"]I could care less about how many discs a game comes on, but I was talking to a Gamespot teller about upcoming games today and he said they got word Rage was going to be on 4 discs for 360. I don't know if this is old news or not, but I figured it's a related topic to this thread that some would find interesting.dream431ca

Why would they ignore the 360 fanbase just because of the amount of discs the game needs?
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1381 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

quote me now, 360 will sell more then ps3 versionLanceSSJ
More what, disks? (;

JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#1383 JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts

I can't believe this is actually an issue to some people much less that there needs to be a new thread every time a game is released on multiple discs on the 360.

Rai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1384 Rai
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts

Ps3 no-brainer.

Lead platform. Exclusive content. One disc.

Instant win.

c49thaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1385 c49thaine
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts

360-multiple discs, usual multiplatform supieriority

VS

PS3-slower loading, blurrier textures, lower resolution, choppier framerates, more aliasing...all on one disc. I knew the extra space would eventually get used for something.

I guess a plus for PS3 is no one will log into your account and steal your game save for this game since no one can log online anymore.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1386 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lol @ 90's tech. I don't listen to MC hammer, or use dial up internet anymore and I'm glad that the PS3 isn't straddled with technology from the same era.

c49thaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1387 c49thaine
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts

Lol @ 90's tech. I don't listen to MC hammer, or use dial up internet anymore and I'm glad that the PS3 isn't straddled with technology from the same era.

Pray_to_me

That's hilarious considering the PS3 won't even connect to the internet anymore.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1388 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

c49thaine

That's hilarious considering the PS3 won't even connect to the internet anymore.

Mine can connect to the internet just fine, PSN on the other hand though :P
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1389 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
[QUOTE="c49thaine"]

[QUOTE="Pray_to_me"]

soulitane

Mine can connect to the internet just fine, PSN on the other hand though :P

Well played :P
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1390 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i wouldnt care either way. depends on which systems gives me more bonus to buy it in the long run. usually its the 360 with multiplat bonuses...
Da_lil_PimP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1391 Da_lil_PimP
Member since 2006 • 4241 Posts

[QUOTE="Da_lil_PimP"][QUOTE="xiayan"]What a bunch of fat F***'s! Is changing a disc every 15 hours an issue? Let's complain about turning on the console! Watching the bootup screen! Installing to the PS3, you know stuff that actually takes longer than hitting eject then insert disc..lolmarklarmer

But you can do all that from your couch. You got to get up the change the disk.

but i can change a disk from where i'm sitting :|

I was hoping that a post as stupid as mine would come off as a joke. I didn't want to out the ":P" icon because then it's too obvious.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1392 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Well....at least this thread isn't about providing a stupid gamertag anymore (which TBH was like half the thread).....It's already stupid enough that this whole thing is over getting up to change a bloody disc....

Lems you shouldn't give two craps if he owns a 360 or not, or whether he has a GT, and cows the whole point of having 3 discs versus 1 is ridiculous when you know damn well there's likely going to be a mandatory install on the PS3, unless you plan to play it for 30 hours straight with no bathroom breaks (in which case I bow down to your iron bladder).

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1393 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

Disk swapping?

*giggle*

Now what you consolers say about having to install games?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1394 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] It will not make it a better game.Espada12

Nah it's not.. the PS3 version has an extra mission.

Discs or sales wont make either version better was my point, bonus content is a plus for the PS3 version, but its not what was being discussed.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#1395 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

3 discs? That´s unacceptable!

[spoiler] :roll: [/spoiler]

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1396 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
What a daft poll..
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1397 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

If you don't like disc swapping, then all you have to do is put all 3 discs in the machine, then when it comes to change, just do a barrel roll.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1398 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
You know I thought this thread would have died down awhile ago but shockingly it has not. I have to give it up to the TC because you all got trolled hard. He laid out a troll thread and many people ate it all up. There is almost 1,400 posts about changing a disc twice in a 30+ hour game and you all debated him on it lmao. My hat is off to the TC at this point because you just trolled the heck out of system wars.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1399 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="LOXO7"]

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

quick! protect yer tag! thar be sensitive info fer the pirates to get into!!!! arrrrr!

ok i can't lie, i like your thread man. nice job seriously.

blue_hazy_basic

Did you miss it? A topic about disk swapping going 60 pages long shows that people get pretty emotional. Is this enough for people to harass other people by other means? A simple, "I'm offended so I need to look at your GS profile to see who you really are, or look at your previous post to discredit you." Or harass someone on XBL. No, wait. People don't go that far. It's not like there is a private setting for your profile or anything.

If someone was silly enough to harrass you on XBL, you could a) report them and get them banned if it was offensive or b) block them and never have to worry about them. I don't think its a big deal really.

It is a big deal to be harrassed actually.

I realize you may not think it is, but I beg to differ.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1400 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

Disk swapping?

*giggle*

Now what you consolers say about having to install games?

C_Rule
i install all my games on my 360 so what's your point?