La Noire on 360 is 3 discs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1501 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]You say that as if "Microsoft" and "Xbox" aren't famous, popular brand names(maybe not as much in Japan, but in the largest gaming market America, Europe, and other parts of the world, definitely)... and like I said, the PS3 has sold only a couple of million less than the 360 even after the year head start and the huge price gap.

In my opinion, they're both successful consoles, especially when compared to the Gamecube and Xbox last gen. That's why I don't understand why people argue over sales so much. They both sold very well. They both sold at an extremely similar rate and are very close in sales, but both still very far behind the Wii. There's NO POINT in arguing over sales between the PS3 and 360. They're both winners in reality.

This is why I don't understand how anyone who's a 360 fanboy can call the PS3's sales "pathetic". They're almost the same sales, even with the advantages the 360 had. That is why I said calling the PS3's sales pathetic would be calling the 360's sales pathetic too since they're so close.garland51

Actually, it's Nintendo & Microsoft that are true winners for this gen in comparison to Gamecube & Xbox last gen. Sony is nowhere near successful. What do you call: having to do constant price drops to catch up with your competitors in sales (especially to 360)? Losing billions off of PS3's before they started turning a profit back Spring or Summer last year? Losing about 70% of marketshare &/or sales to both Wii & 360? That's considered being successful?

Each Generation's marketshare is reset when a new generation is started.

Future generations sales can't be controlled by a previous generation.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1502 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

Gotta love lems , the game comes in 3 discs with lesser content and yet they think that they've got the better version.It's like a token of inferiority and cheapness.

Teufelhuhn

gotta love cows, they put MS down for the entire gen for buying out exclusive content and DLC saying it's destroying the games industry now they are raving about how exclusive content makes the Ps3 better, also gotta love the way they make a big deal over something as insignificant as swapping a disc, something that requires a physical effort on par with lifting a pint in a pub.

Knock it off boys, this ain't fanboy wars. ;)

i ain't no fanboy, it's no secret i prefer the 360 but i enjoy killzone and infamous on the wifes Ps3 and i can be hard on lems as well at times, i really can't stand people making blatantly baseless and wrong statements about any system and if you look through my posting history i have defended the Ps3 on several occasions, i just come down on cows more often becuase they do it more often, lems are bad but cows are worse.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1503 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]gotta love cows, they put MS down for the entire gen for buying out exclusive content and DLC saying it's destroying the games industry now they are raving about how exclusive content makes the Ps3 better, also gotta love the way they make a big deal over something as insignificant as swapping a disc, something that requires a physical effort on par with lifting a pint in a pub.delta3074

i ain't no fanboy, it's no secret i prefer the 360 but i enjoy killzone and infamous on the wifes Ps3 and i can be hard on lems as well at times, i really can't stand people making blatantly baseless and wrong statements about any system and if you look through my posting history i have defended the Ps3 on several occasions, i just come down on cows more often becuase they do it more often, lems are bad but cows are worse.

Well not only that, its the people who make these statements and DONT own the console they're bashing.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1504 delta3074

[QUOTE="garland51"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]You say that as if "Microsoft" and "Xbox" aren't famous, popular brand names(maybe not as much in Japan, but in the largest gaming market America, Europe, and other parts of the world, definitely)... and like I said, the PS3 has sold only a couple of million less than the 360 even after the year head start and the huge price gap.

In my opinion, they're both successful consoles, especially when compared to the Gamecube and Xbox last gen. That's why I don't understand why people argue over sales so much. They both sold very well. They both sold at an extremely similar rate and are very close in sales, but both still very far behind the Wii. There's NO POINT in arguing over sales between the PS3 and 360. They're both winners in reality.

This is why I don't understand how anyone who's a 360 fanboy can call the PS3's sales "pathetic". They're almost the same sales, even with the advantages the 360 had. That is why I said calling the PS3's sales pathetic would be calling the 360's sales pathetic too since they're so close.SolidTy

Actually, it's Nintendo & Microsoft that are true winners for this gen in comparison to Gamecube & Xbox last gen. Sony is nowhere near successful. What do you call: having to do constant price drops to catch up with your competitors in sales (especially to 360)? Losing billions off of PS3's before they started turning a profit back Spring or Summer last year? Losing about 70% of marketshare &/or sales to both Wii & 360? That's considered being successful?

spot on, but SONY should have done better, the Ps3 is an awesome machine but in the begining it was marketed as a blu-ray player more than a console, The Ps3 would probably be well ahead of the 360 if it wasn't for some really bad management decisions at SONY personally i think replacing krazy ken was a bad idea.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#1505 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

SolidTy

Yet they can be--and readily are--influenced by previous generations. Brand name, and brand power have a strong influence.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Teufelhuhn"]

DroidPhysX

Well not only that, its the people who make these statements and DONT own the console they're bashing.

well i don't own a PS3, my wife does for singstar and she sometimes (after hours of butt kissing) let's me play killzone on it, the only real cririsism i can level at the Ps3 is i don't like the controller, personally i think console graphics debates are a moot point, the Ps3 will always have a marginal edge when it comes to graphics whereas the 360 exclusives tend to push gameplay more than graphics anyway, i just prefer the 360's exclusives mainly because i kind of fell in love with Halo and Fable and allso because of PC/360 multplats, i am a huge Fan of WRPg's and the 360 has more of them like Risen and Ego draconis, i did plan on getting demon souls on the Ps3 but i kinda hate games that are TOO hard, which is why i gave up on ego draconis until they sorted out the combat difficulty in the dragon knight version.
Snyper-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1507 Snyper-007
Member since 2011 • 900 Posts

I wish my threads wouldget this kind of attention :(

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508 delta3074

Snyper-007
Tinted is very good at starting fanboy fights,gotta give him some kudos his threads usaully go for a while,lol
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="garland51"]

This is why I don't understand how anyone who's a 360 fanboy can call the PS3's sales "pathetic". They're almost the same sales, even with the advantages the 360 had. That is why I said calling the PS3's sales pathetic would be calling the 360's sales pathetic too since they're so close.SolidTy

Thats not true at all, you are completely underestimating the power of a brand. Sony really damaged the Playstation brand this gen by being arrogant and thinking their their loyal fanbase would buy any old crap they released.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

What is wrong with the thread now? I am seeing HTML problems. It must be due to people over-quoting.

Snyper-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511 Snyper-007
Member since 2011 • 900 Posts

[QUOTE="Snyper-007"]

delta3074

Tinted is very good at starting fanboy fights,gotta give him some kudos his threads usaully go for a while,lol

is it his sig that makes the lems mad?

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1513 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Certainly this is not the first thread in SWabout a game being on multiple discsso I have no idea why this thread is so hot ?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1514 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Snyper-007"]

Snyper-007

is it his sig that makes the lems mad?

nah, the lems get so mad at him because despite his sig and his constant attacks against the 360 and constant love of the Ps3 he claims to beneutral and not a fanboy, what wound people up the most was his blatant lie that he was going to buy the 360 version of LA noire until he found out it was 3 disks, he never was in fact he has yet to prove definitivly that he owns a 360,i myself happen to find his isg rather amusing and there is deffinitly a ring of truth about it.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1516 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="garland51"]

RR360DD

Thats not true at all, you are completely underestimating the power of a brand. Sony really damaged the Playstation brand this gen by being arrogant and thinking their their loyal fanbase would buy any old crap they released.

No, it's most definitely true, and I'm stating a fact.

I'm not completely underestimating anything.

Obviously Brand power is a variable, but my statement is a fact. That's also why Nintendo, who were on top of the console sales world didn't stay on top. That's why Atari who were on top of the world didn't stay on top. That's why Sony who were on top of the world didn't stay on top. Each Generation market share is reset. ;) Next generation will be a whole new ballgame as well. The console industry is not alone in these cycles either.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="garland51"]

delta3074

spot on, but SONY should have done better, the Ps3 is an awesome machine but in the begining it was marketed as a blu-ray player more than a console, The Ps3 would probably be well ahead of the 360 if it wasn't for some really bad management decisions at SONY personally i think replacing krazy ken was a bad idea.

Sometimes in SW, I feel like I've said the same things over and over. :P Yep, Sony should have done better, and Sony did sacrifice their gamers for Blu-Ray victory. There was some bad decisions made by management. You know, if I continue this discussion and the route set here, I may as well be back in 2005-2006 SW, where I carried the exact same convo's. :lol:

Krazy Ken just needed to get away from the microphone, and stay as an engineer, in my opinion. :P Good chat, boyo. :P

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1518 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

RR360DD

I really doubt that they did that much. The PS3 still outsold the 360 surprisingly in its first year I believe. How though is really beyond me with that price point it released with.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1519 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Obviously Brand power is a variable, but my statement is a fact. That's also why Nintendo, who were on top of the console sales world didn't stay on top. That's why Atari who were on top of the world didn't stay on top. That's why Sony who were on top of the world didn't stay on top. Each Generation market share is reset. ;) Next generation will be a whole new ballgame as well. The console industry is not alone in these cycles either.

i don't agree with that at all, people pre-order consoles before they've been released knowing practically nothing about them, other than the fact they'll feature sequels to some of their favourite games of the previous generation. To state that as some kind of 'fact' just seems odd :?

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Yeah, man. Of course factors like brand power contribute (either positively or negatively), and the Playstation's name helped the PS3 this gen. But circumstances, both controlled--like the price--and uncontrolled--like competitors--affect the situation as well.

Overall, it's true that each generation resets marketshare. Also, I'd say each manufacturer had their respective successes this generation, so far.

---

I haven't read or posted in this thread for about two days! How did this subject come about? :P

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1521 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

I've always made the analogy it is like a sports season, but people don't tend to listen. Each year in sports your record is reset to 0-0. I've always hated when season's starts for a team that won the championship the previous year, and the announcers make the claim they are the "Defending Champs". They aren't the defending champs. They were just the Latest champs. They aren't defending the championship, the championship has two vaccant openings for teams to compete to earn the spot to fight for it.

Sony wasn't some how starting this generation as the Winner that must be dethroned. Sony has to earn the right to be declared the winner again. This gen is half over, so we shall see how it turns out.

c49thaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522 c49thaine
Member since 2003 • 101 Posts

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

I'm lazy, i don't wanna swap disc if i don't have to thats why i own Ps3 :lol:

360owners maybe can install the game so they only need one? but other hand lemmings don't like installs :P

Supabul

You can't install the 3 disc's and use only 1

I'll be playing it on PS3 for 60 hrs straight and won't have to get up once, unless I need to go toilet, but that won't count I'm not changing the disc HA 360 users hope you enjoy your disc swapping

Sounds like you need to get a ******* job.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
this thread deserves a reward
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1524 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

marklarmer

i don't agree with that at all, people pre-order consoles before they've been released knowing practically nothing about them, other than the fact they'll feature sequels to some of their favourite games of the previous generation. To state that as some kind of 'fact' just seems odd :?

That happens every generation of consoles and will continue on. I remember buying both my 360's at 2005 launch, I remember buying my PS3, my Wii, my Gamecube, My PS2, My Xbox, My Dreamcast, my N64, my Playstation, my SNES, my NES, my Genesis, my Saturn at launches. I reserved all but the Saturn, but that was Sega's fault for doing a surprise launch at E3. I was still at the Saturn launch though, and it was a huge event. Every one of the launchs I went too were crazy, and that trend is going to continue.

I even saw the same fanfair for the Gameboy Advance Launch, DS launch, Zune launch, Window's launches, and PSP launch. I already said that Obviously Brand Power is a variable.

For instance, the NINTENDO Wii's sales success (80+ million) this generation wasn't due to Brand Power, as we only have to look at the 24+ million selling Gamecube over 5+ years. There are a ton of other variables at play.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1525 delta3074

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

marklarmer

brand power doesn't exist, the xbox 360 and the wii both proved this, both MS and Nintendo had a rubbish last gen and nintendo had a rubbish gen before that yet the wii and 360 are goin really strong, if brand power did exist the Ps3 would be well ahead of the 360 by now, true though that a lot of people anticipate there next console purchase based on the franchises they liked, it was my reason as well as PC/360 games that made me choose the 360, not that there really was a choice at the time, but it's only a small minority that are that interested in gaming, most people buy consoles for the next footy game or sports game especially here in blighty i know so many people who own a 360 or a Ps3 but none of them are nearly as interested in gaming as i am, even this site has a very small userbase compared to the overall installed base of all the major consoles.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1526 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

CajunShooter

I've always made the analogy it is like a sports season, but people don't tend to listen. Each year in sports your record is reset to 0-0. I've always hated when season's starts for a team that won the championship the previous year, and the announcers make the claim they are the "Defending Champs". They aren't the defending champs. They were just the Latest champs. They aren't defending the championship, the championship has two vaccant openings for teams to compete to earn the spot to fight for it.

Sony wasn't some how starting this generation as the Winner that must be dethroned. Sony has to earn the right to be declared the winner again. This gen is half over, so we shall see how it turns out.

Yes, that's a great analogy. :P

It's true though that people don't tend to listen, because this particular discussion seems to pop up in SW every few weeks...:lol:

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527 Episode_Eve

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

CajunShooter

Lol, it's funny that you mention that. If it were the case, the NBA would reserve a spot for the Lakers in the Finals, and require the remaining 29 teams to vie for the other spot, to defeat them. :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1528 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Episode_Eve

Yeah, man. Of course factors like brand power contribute (either positively or negatively), and the Playstation's name helped the PS3 this gen. But circumstances, both controlled--like the price--and uncontrolled--like competitors--affect the situation as well.

Overall, it's true that each generation resets marketshare. Also, I'd say each manufacturer had their respective successes this generation, so far.

---

I haven't read or posted in this thread for about two days! How did this subject come about? :P

I have no idea how the subjects come about, it's a wild ride here in SW sometimes. :lol: I would agree, each manufacturer has had their respective success, for sure.

Hmmmm...I can also say that L.A. Noire is looking to be a sharp game! :P

FearNoAngel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1529 FearNoAngel5
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

That's 100% sad when you try you're best to defend a console that's suppose to be "next gen" but games still come with 3 discs.:lol:. I love the damage control keep it up :P

Avatar image for FranchiseBoi101
FranchiseBoi101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1530 FranchiseBoi101
Member since 2009 • 141 Posts

I wonder if this thread is gonna be just as big as the crysis 2 hype thread.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1531 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

That's 100% sad when you try you're best to defend a console that's suppose to be "next gen" but games still come with 3 discs.:lol:. I love the damage control keep it up :P

FearNoAngel5
You're right. The 360 isn't next gen. It's current gen, just like the PS3 and Wii. :)
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1532 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

I've always felt special when I had more than 1 disk for games in the past, but if I can have the same amount of content on one disk, I guess I would take that.

also with DVD those things get ware and tare pretty easily 3x disk = three times the chace of having scrached or damaged disks that might render the game incomplete.

one thing I do like about blu-ray is it's supposed to be very durable unlike dvd.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1533 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

I honestly don't have problems with these kinds of things. In fact, I like it. IT makes the game/movie/ album seem more epic when you have to change discs

"Intermission, please switch to Disc 2"

n00bproof

Typical 360 fan down playing a real flaw with the 360, all of us PS3 fans said this years ago, we knew there would come a time where games would exceed a DVD-9 and require multiple discs on 360.

However the PS3 will not have that problem anytime soon, ahh good ol' Blu-ray, well, sorry but you get what you pay for 360 boys, enjoy your disc swapping....LOL.

noodlevixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1534 noodlevixen
Member since 2010 • 480 Posts

Meh, currently playingLost Odyssey, (which is on 4 discs), and still having a blast. Seriously, is moving that strenuous?

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#1535 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="navyguy21"] Why does it suck?Optical_Order

because i dont like switching discs

It literally takes ten seconds to pop the disc out and put in another one.

You must be like jabba the hut if this is too much movement for you.

lol thats a funny thingv to say.

FearNoAngel5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1536 FearNoAngel5
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

You can always dream, no problem with that :P

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1537 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts

Meh, currently playingLost Odyssey, (which is on 4 discs), and still having a blast. Seriously, is moving that strenuous?

noodlevixen

not really. but 1 disc > 3 discs. that's all there is to it.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1538 Episode_Eve

I've always felt special when I had more than 1 disk for games in the past, but if I can have the same amount of content on one disk, I guess I would take that.

also with DVD those things get ware and tare pretty easily 3x disk = three times the chace of having scrached or damaged disks that might render the game incomplete.

one thing I do like about blu-ray is it's supposed to be very durable unlike dvd.

casharmy

Lol, I agree with everything you said. Back in the day, when I was younger, I felt that a game was special and "better" because it was on multiple discs. Man, it's on 3/4 discs! Epic! :P That's changed, though.

Blu-ray durability is very much appreciated, too. Every disc format should do the same from here on out.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1539 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
^^^ I agree. The biggest benefit of BR for gaming is scratch resistance. Especially if you buy used or rent. On a side note, does MS charge for more than two discs?
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1540 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

Episode_Eve

Lol, I agree with everything you said. Back in the day, when I was younger, I felt that a game was special and "better" because it was on multiple discs. Man, it's on 3/4 discs! Epic! :P That's changed, though.

Blu-ray durability is very much appreciated, too. Every disc format should do the same from here on out.

Well, if you play on 360, then a game on more than one disc might still feel that way. I guess the same would be true if a ps3 game came on more than one disc.

I mean, more than one disc would mean more content in relation to other games on your system, regardless of what system or disc format right? Dual layer vs. single layer notwithstanding.

But yeah, the blu-ray's durability is an oft understated benefit. I've literally never seen one scratched.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1541 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Episode_Eve"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

Pug-Nasty

Well, if you play on 360, then a game on more than one disc might still feel that way. I guess the same would be true if a ps3 game came on more than one disc.

I mean, more than one disc would mean more content in relation to other games on your system, regardless of what system or disc format right? Dual layer vs. single layer notwithstanding.

But yeah, the blu-ray's durability is an oft understated benefit. I've literally never seen one scratched.

more discs =/= more content.

Especially these days with HD video and audio being used in games.

Look at FFXIII, the actual game data fits on a single DvD9 but it has 3 discs to store different FMV/Audio segments and most of the 3 discs still have a gig or so of space left on them unused.

bluedarrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1542 bluedarrk
Member since 2011 • 149 Posts

well this game was originally made for the ps3

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1543 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
I don't mind this. In fact, I welcome the news seeing as it just means the game will be huge.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1544 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="n00bproof"]

I honestly don't have problems with these kinds of things. In fact, I like it. IT makes the game/movie/ album seem more epic when you have to change discs

"Intermission, please switch to Disc 2"

Slimmin360

Typical 360 fan down playing a real flaw with the 360, all of us PS3 fans said this years ago, we knew there would come a time where games would exceed a DVD-9 and require multiple discs on 360.

However the PS3 will not have that problem anytime soon, ahh good ol' Blu-ray, well, sorry but you get what you pay for 360 boys, enjoy your disc swapping....LOL.

Good post

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1545 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

"Tagy, what did you learn from this thread?"

"That gamers are lazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy." :P