La Noire on 360 is 3 discs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1451 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="Supabul"] Yeah lets add a whole extra $100 to or console on brand new Blu-Ray tech for those 3 or 4 games that use multi- discsRR360DD
Sure, why not? It's worked out well enough for the PS3 so far.

Yeah its worked out sooo well for the PS3. Thats why its in last place. Absolutely pathetic compared to the PS2.

I guess that makes the 360's sales pathetic too, since it released a whole year before the PS3 and it's only a couple of million ahead of it. :roll:
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1453 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Sure, why not? It's worked out well enough for the PS3 so far.Messiahbolical-
Yeah its worked out sooo well for the PS3. Thats why its in last place. Absolutely pathetic compared to the PS2.

I guess that makes the 360's sales pathetic too, since it released a whole year before the PS3 and it's only a couple of million ahead of it. :roll:

Please, bud. The only reason why PS3 had easily caught up to the 360 in sales is because of the big, huge success off of the PS2, & that Sony had Playstation diehard loyalists. Other than that, the PS3 isn't exactly a big huge success compared to both PS1 & the PS2, plus with the way that Sony is doing things in constantly making bad decisions ever since E3 '06, with the high price tag, etc., consumers are going to be very cautious about their next PS system.

And believe me, it's not going to be as easy for Sony to easily catch up with their competitors in sales like they're doing for this gen, because the PS3 isn't hugely successful. Plus there is no company that has had a bigger drop in userbase like Sony did. They went from 102+ million PS1 owners, to 150+ million PS2 owners, to now just 50+ million PS3 owners. Not only that, but have lost billions on the PS3, & lost most of the sales & marketshare to both Wii & 360 (as well as Nintendo making tons of money off of each Wii sold from the very beginning, as well as MS making a profit off of each 360 console sold since 2008 ). Those are the things that really made both the Wii & 360 very successful. NOT playing catch up to a competitor.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1455 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"] Sure, why not? It's worked out well enough for the PS3 so far.Messiahbolical-

Brand name bud, there were consoles that costed around the PS3 and more in the 90s and not sell due to being new and not doing well in brand name and even success with the systems themselves for game support.

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1456 Messiahbolical-

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] I guess that makes the 360's sales pathetic too, since it released a whole year before the PS3 and it's only a couple of million ahead of it. :roll:mitu123

Brand name bud, there were consoles that costed around the PS3 and more in the 90s and not sell due to being new and not doing well in brand name and even success with the systems themselves for game support.

You say that as if "Microsoft" and "Xbox" aren't famous, popular brand names(maybe not as much in Japan, but in the largest gaming market America, Europe, and other parts of the world, definitely)... and like I said, the PS3 has sold only a couple of million less than the 360 even after the year head start and the huge price gap.

In my opinion, they're both successful consoles, especially when compared to the Gamecube and Xbox last gen. That's why I don't understand why people argue over sales so much. They both sold very well. They both sold at an extremely similar rate and are very close in sales, but both still very far behind the Wii. There's NO POINT in arguing over sales between the PS3 and 360. They're both winners in reality.

This is why I don't understand how anyone who's a 360 fanboy can call the PS3's sales "pathetic". They're almost the same sales, even with the advantages the 360 had. That is why I said calling the PS3's sales pathetic would be calling the 360's sales pathetic too since they're so close.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1457 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
[QUOTE="n00bproof"]

I honestly don't have problems with these kinds of things. In fact, I like it. IT makes the game/movie/ album seem more epic when you have to change discs

"Intermission, please switch to Disc 2"

Lol yer keep telling urself that.
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1458 Messiahbolical-

add to that the one of the most important factors in the marketing of the PS2 & PS3 was the fact that the PS2 could play DVD's (while stand alone DVD players were still expensive) and the PS3 likewise with blu-ray. unless there is a viable successor to blu-ray already on the way, the PS3 wont have something that the ordinary (non-gaming) consumer wants.

Myself i wanted a PS2 to play the Lord of the Rings, but the fact it could play DVD's (whilst we still had only a VCR) was a huge selling point for me and my wife. i haven't bothered with the PS3 yet, due to its high price / expensive blu-rays which, as we tend to only watch movies once is pointless. the 360 upscales standard DVD's more than andequately and the 1080P HD zune on Xbox Live works great too.

sts106mat
If you don't get a PS3, at least get a Blu-Ray player. It's worth it, especially if you use Netflix. It only costs like $2 extra to upgrade to a Blu-ray Netflix account and the difference in quality is more than worth it, especially if your TV/surround sound uses it's full capabilities. :) And if you're from out of America: Sorry for teasing you with our amazing Blu-ray/DVD/streaming movie service. :P
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1459 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Did someone actually asked why MS didn't have HD-DVD from the start? Imagine the costs, the HD-DVD add on was 200 bucks alone.:|

mitu123

it would have been exactly the same thing as what happened with the ps3, a $600 price tag with significantly higher production cost than that.

And that's why Microsoft didn't go through with it. I feel sorry for anyone who brought the add on though.

At least they got tons of movies for $2 during those hd-dvd fire sales. I could have saved a bunch of money on my hd collection.
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1460 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996

Wow, that sucks, interesting stuff

navyguy21

Why does it suck?

Because there is technology avaible that doesn't require you to have to change discs 3 times while while playing.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1461 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

thekey

Why does it suck?

Because there is technology avaible that doesn't require you to have to change discs 3 times while while playing.

Are you referring to forza 3?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#1462 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

This thread became massive :o

I missed the last 60 pages.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1463 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Yikes, a argument since 2006 and yet you guyzzz persist...

...please, the damn things been dead for years, give it a rest. :?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1465 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="navyguy21"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]

thekey

Why does it suck?

Because there is technology available that doesn't require you to have to change discs 3 times while while playing.

thats a good point, i'm glad my PS3 is truly at the cutting edge of gaming technology...........oh no wait, its hardware is completely obsolete just like all other consoles at this point in their life.......or any point in their life :|

Pretty much all the current games on my PC don't require a disk at all :| you can't possibly try to justify this sucking as much as the TC and a few others have,and then still support any of the consoles. It makes no sense, their hardware holds back every multiplat also on PC, aswell as their exclusives, hence why exclusives on the mighty PS3 are still mostly a feeble 720p.

how is this topic not been locked? it died off for 5 hours 2 pages back, then for 3 hours today and has been about console sales recently, just let it die

Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1466 Messiahbolical-
[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="sts106mat"]

add to that the one of the most important factors in the marketing of the PS2 & PS3 was the fact that the PS2 could play DVD's (while stand alone DVD players were still expensive) and the PS3 likewise with blu-ray. unless there is a viable successor to blu-ray already on the way, the PS3 wont have something that the ordinary (non-gaming) consumer wants.

Myself i wanted a PS2 to play the Lord of the Rings, but the fact it could play DVD's (whilst we still had only a VCR) was a huge selling point for me and my wife. i haven't bothered with the PS3 yet, due to its high price / expensive blu-rays which, as we tend to only watch movies once is pointless. the 360 upscales standard DVD's more than andequately and the 1080P HD zune on Xbox Live works great too.

sts106mat
If you don't get a PS3, at least get a Blu-Ray player. It's worth it, especially if you use Netflix. It only costs like $2 extra to upgrade to a Blu-ray Netflix account and the difference in quality is more than worth it, especially if your TV/surround sound uses it's full capabilities. :) And if you're from out of America: Sorry for teasing you with our amazing Blu-ray/DVD/streaming movie service. :P

i have pondered a blu-ray player, but we tend to watch movies once at the most, so renting a dvd (looks perfectly fine upscaled) or streaming the full HD via zune is what we usually do. the star wars blu-ray set is certainly tempting, but there are more important things than buying "re-mastered" versions of the same movies for the third time in my life LOL. and yes, i am from the UK, though we have Zune on XBOX live, its still quite limited.

Okay, that's understandable. Just in case you don't know what Netflix is, the reason I said only get a Blu-ray player if you have Netflix is because Netflix is a service that sends you a DVD/BluRay in the mail, you watch it, send it back to them in a pre-paid envelope and they immediately send you the next movie on your list. So it's great for people like you who only watch movies once. You essentially never have to buy a movie, and you can rent as many as you want in a month for a cheap, flat rate. And on top of that, you get unlimited streaming movies and TV shows(and they have tons... lol) for free if you're a member, and a lot of the Blu-Ray players/PS3/360/Wii have Netflix streaming built in now so that's another reason it's so popular. I hope you guys in the UK get Netflix soon or at least something really similar, because it's awesome especially for people like you who don't want to spend the big bucks to buy movies.
BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1467 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Ps3, because seriously, 3 discs? what is this, Playstation 1? GTFO

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1469 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

Wouldn't care about it being on 3 discs AT ALL unless they have to be swapped 20 times, but the article states it will be two swaps at naturally occuring breaks. To care about having to get up a couple of times over the course of any reasonably lengthy game is absurd, I mean truly, LOL absurd.

As for the poll question of which version is better umm...consider me truly shocked! More than 350 system warriors work for Rockstar? I have to assume so since you all feel comfortable declaring one version over another when niether is even out yet. Or did this hit the torrent sites early or something? Does GS need to out you pirates who voted? Surely this whole place can't be nothing but a bunch of shameless fanboys who would vote without having played either version, could it?

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1470 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] Yeah its worked out sooo well for the PS3. Thats why its in last place. Absolutely pathetic compared to the PS2.garland51

Please, bud. The only reason why PS3 had easily caught up to the 360 in sales is because of the big, huge success off of the PS2, & that Sony had Playstation diehard loyalists. Other than that, the PS3 isn't exactly a big huge success compared to both PS1 & the PS2, plus with the way that Sony is doing things in constantly making bad decisions ever since E3 '06, with the high price tag, etc., consumers are going to be very cautious about their next PS system.

And believe me, it's not going to be as easy for Sony to easily catch up with their competitors in sales like they're doing for this gen, because the PS3 isn't hugely successful. Plus there is no company that has had a bigger drop in userbase like Sony did. They went from 102+ million PS1 owners, to 150+ million PS2 owners, to now just 50+ million PS3 owners. Not only that, but have lost billions on the PS3, & lost most of the sales & marketshare to both Wii & 360 (as well as Nintendo making tons of money off of each Wii sold from the very beginning, as well as MS making a profit off of each 360 console sold since 2008 ). Those are the things that really made both the Wii & 360 very successful. NOT playing catch up to a competitor.

The only reason why the ps3 caught up despite the extra year the 360 had is because it's a better system with more games that people want to play. There's more competitino this gen than ever before, so we probably won't see another gen where one console dominates like the ps2 did.

MS has the tougher sell next gen than Sony does, as Sony never stopped supporting their console.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1471 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I guess this is how some of us stay busy while our ability to play games online with friends is unavailable.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1472 mitu123

[QUOTE="garland51"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

I guess that makes the 360's sales pathetic too, since it released a whole year before the PS3 and it's only a couple of million ahead of it. :roll:Pug-Nasty

The only reason why the ps3 caught up despite the extra year the 360 had is because it's a better system with more games that people want to play. There's more competitino this gen than ever before, so we probably won't see another gen where one console dominates like the ps2 did.

MS has the tougher sell next gen than Sony does, as Sony never stopped supporting their console.

The PS3 didn't even catch up until 2009-2010.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1474 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
I guess this is how some of us stay busy while our ability to play games online with friends is unavailable. musicalmac
Mods shouldn't get involved in this hot mess.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1475 musicalmac  Moderator
[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I guess this is how some of us stay busy while our ability to play games online with friends is unavailable. lbjkurono23

Hey, us mods are just like you. Only we can delete stuff, and suspend people, and so forth. We're also good at reminding people what matters, and what is totally, and utterly, insignificant. Whoo boy what a thread. lol
tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1476 tempest91
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]I guess this is how some of us stay busy while our ability to play games online with friends is unavailable. lbjkurono23

he's right though.

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1477 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="thekey"]

[QUOTE="navyguy21"] Why does it suck?marklarmer

Because there is technology available that doesn't require you to have to change discs 3 times while while playing.

thats a good point, i'm glad my PS3 is truly at the cutting edge of gaming technology...........oh no wait, its hardware is completely obsolete just like all other consoles at this point in their life.......or any point in their life :|

Pretty much all the current games on my PC don't require a disk at all :| you can't possibly try to justify this sucking as much as the TC and a few others have,and then still support any of the consoles. It makes no sense, their hardware holds back every multiplat also on PC, aswell as their exclusives, hence why exclusives on the mighty PS3 are still mostly a feeble 720p.

how is this topic not been locked? it died off for 5 hours 2 pages back, then for 3 hours today and has been about console sales recently, just let it die

why would it be locked if people are still having discussions

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1478 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="garland51"]

mitu123

the Ps3 hasn't caught up yet, it's still a couple of million behind,lol
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1479 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="garland51"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] Yeah its worked out sooo well for the PS3. Thats why its in last place. Absolutely pathetic compared to the PS2.Pug-Nasty

Please, bud. TheonlyreasonwhyPS3 had easily caught up to the 360 in sales is because of the big, huge success off of the PS2, & that Sony had Playstation diehard loyalists. Other than that, the PS3 isn't exactly a big huge success compared to both PS1 & the PS2, plus with the way that Sony is doing things in constantly making bad decisions ever since E3 '06, with the high price tag, etc., consumers are going to beverycautious about their next PS system.

And believe me, it's not going to be as easy for Sony to easily catch up with their competitors in sales like they're doing for this gen, because the PS3 isn't hugely successful. Plus there is no company that has had a bigger drop in userbase like Sony did. They went from 102+ million PS1 owners, to 150+ million PS2 owners, to now just 50+ million PS3 owners. Not only that, but have lost billions on the PS3, & lost most of the sales & marketshare to both Wii & 360 (as well as Nintendo making tons of money off of each Wii sold from the very beginning, as well as MS making a profit off of each 360 console sold since 2008 ).Thoseare the things that really made both the Wii & 360 very successful. NOT playing catch up to a competitor.

you weren't around in 2007 were you? :? the PS3 outsold the 360 by a couple million despite the 360s obviously better games, online and much better value for money :| people were buying the PS3 in anticipation for the franchises which began in earlier gaming generations (MGS, GT, GOW), the same reason why alot of people buy any console.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1480 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

delta3074

I meant in games, I should had clarified that, LOL.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1481 delta3074

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="mitu123"] The PS3 didn't even catch up until 2009-2010.mitu123

cool, sorry about that, yeah it's caught up in games, took it's time though.
delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1483 delta3074

Gotta love lems , the game comes in 3 discs with lesser content and yet they think that they've got the better version.It's like a token of inferiority and cheapness.

RoOodriGowW
gotta love cows, they put MS down for the entire gen for buying out exclusive content and DLC saying it's destroying the games industry now they are raving about how exclusive content makes the Ps3 better, also gotta love the way they make a big deal over something as insignificant as swapping a disc, something that requires a physical effort on par with lifting a pint in a pub.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1484 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="musicalmac"]I guess this is how some of us stay busy while our ability to play games online with friends is unavailable. tempest91

he's right though.

It's not about being right or wrong, how can they expect other users not to behave like raging fanboys when they themselves can't.

Snyper-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1485 Snyper-007
Member since 2011 • 900 Posts

Tread of the year imho

tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1486 tempest91

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

lbjkurono23

he's right though.

It's not about being right or wrong, how can they expect other users not to behave like raging fanboys when they themselves can't.

I'm just saying, and I can't speak for musicalmac so I won't pretend to, that there's been a lot of DC lately and it's quite obvious why. It's also quite obvious why this thread is so popular and it's not because LA Noire is on 3 discs. I can tell you that much.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1487 musicalmac  Moderator

lbjkurono23
Anyone who knows me can confirm I am indeed a raging fanboy. That's actually the secret to becoming a mod - by not having any sense.

I'm just saying, and I can't speak for musicalmac so I won't pretend to, that there's been a lot of DC lately and it's quite obvious why. It's also quite obvious why this thread is so popular and it's not because LA Noire is on 3 discs. I can tell you that much.

tempest91
You can certainly speak for me in this case. Well said.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1488 lbjkurono23

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

he's right though.

tempest91

I'm sorry,but there was a lot of hoopla back then when Lost odyssey came out, or how about that mgs4 joke with the boxset. It's always been one of those things that fb used to get on each others nerve.

CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1489 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

Plus there is no company that has had a bigger drop in userbase like Sony did. They went from 102+ million PS1 owners, to 150+ million PS2 owners, to now just 50+ million PS3 owners.garland51

You are comparing 10+ year old console userbases with a 4.5 year old console userbase? The PS3 has reached the 50 million mark before its 5th year on the market. Sony supports the consoles for 10 years, so it is plausible that the PS3 could reach 100 million consoles by the time it stops being manufactured.

The PS3 is the only console this generation that can make the claim that they have increased sales each year since they have been on the market. Both Nintendo and Microsoft can't make that claim. The PS3 has outsold the 360 over the last two years. To me it seems the PS3 is starting to hit its stride.

rumbalumba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1490 rumbalumba
Member since 2011 • 2445 Posts
[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

Gotta love lems , the game comes in 3 discs with lesser content and yet they think that they've got the better version.It's like a token of inferiority and cheapness.

delta3074
gotta love cows, they put MS down for the entire gen for buying out exclusive content and DLC saying it's destroying the games industry now they are raving about how exclusive content makes the Ps3 better, also gotta love the way they make a big deal over something as insignificant as swapping a disc, something that requires a physical effort on par with lifting a pint in a pub.

rrrrright. becaue for PS3 all those "exclusive content" are free. MS, on the other hand, secures an exclusive content, then charges for it. rofl. you sure love those things, right? paying for exclusive content, paying for online, paying for overpriced accessories ($99 Wifi adapter rofl), etc.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1491 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

he's right though.

tempest91

Yeah if you read it was mostly about a couple mad fans directing anger towards me

tempest91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1492 tempest91

[QUOTE="tempest91"]

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] It's not about being right or wrong, how can they expect other users not to behave like raging fanboys when they themselves can't.

lbjkurono23

I'm sorry,but there was a lot of hoopla back then when Lost odyssey came out, or how about that mgs4 joke with the boxset. It's always been one of those things that fb used to get on each others nerve.

Totally agree that there was an uproar about it because I was there for it, but again, this thread did not blow up solely because of that single issue. That's all I'm saying. It's a culmination of one side being angry about recent events captilazing on an otherwise non-issue. I mean, I'm really not surprised here because it's sw, just pointing out the obvious. Now let's all let this thread die. It's fire is barely smoldering anymore. Throw some sand on it already.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1494 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] Brand name bud, there were consoles that costed around the PS3 and more in the 90s and not sell due to being new and not doing well in brand name and even success with the systems themselves for game support.

Messiahbolical-

You say that as if "Microsoft" and "Xbox" aren't famous, popular brand names(maybe not as much in Japan, but in the largest gaming market America, Europe, and other parts of the world, definitely)... and like I said, the PS3 has sold only a couple of million less than the 360 even after the year head start and the huge price gap.

In my opinion, they're both successful consoles, especially when compared to the Gamecube and Xbox last gen. That's why I don't understand why people argue over sales so much. They both sold very well. They both sold at an extremely similar rate and are very close in sales, but both still very far behind the Wii. There's NO POINT in arguing over sales between the PS3 and 360. They're both winners in reality.

This is why I don't understand how anyone who's a 360 fanboy can call the PS3's sales "pathetic". They're almost the same sales, even with the advantages the 360 had. That is why I said calling the PS3's sales pathetic would be calling the 360's sales pathetic too since they're so close.

Actually, it's Nintendo & Microsoft that are true winners for this gen in comparison to Gamecube & Xbox last gen. Sony is nowhere near successful. What do you call: having to do constant price drops to catch up with your competitors in sales (especially to 360)? Losing billions off of PS3's before they started turning a profit back Spring or Summer last year? Losing about 70% of marketshare &/or sales to both Wii & 360? That's considered being successful?

You are comparing 10+ year old console userbases with a 4.5 year old console userbase? The PS3 has reached the 50 million mark before its 5th year on the market. Sony supports the consoles for 10 years, so it is plausible that the PS3 could reach 100 million consoles by the time it stops being manufactured.

The PS3 is the only console this generation that can make the claim that they have increased sales each year since they have been on the market. Both Nintendo and Microsoft can't make that claim. The PS3 has outsold the 360 over the last two years. To me it seems the PS3 is starting to hit its stride.CajunShooter

Like I said, Sony has had to do constant price drops starting from their launch to even reach that number today. If it takes them 4 & a half years for them to reach 50 million, then guess how long it's going to take for them to reach 100 million? Sony had no problems getting over 50 million owners in that same timeframe within both the PS1 & the PS2, & neither Nintendo had any problems getting over 50 million with the Wii in that same timeframe, & they came out on the same year & same month that the PS3 was first released!

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1495 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

delta3074

Gotta love... both of you. Keep going! :D

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1496 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"][QUOTE="RR360DD"] I guess that makes the 360's sales pathetic too, since it released a whole year before the PS3 and it's only a couple of million ahead of it. :roll:Messiahbolical-

Where did I say that?

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1497 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

[QUOTE="RoOodriGowW"]

delta3074

Knock it off boys, this ain't fanboy wars. ;)

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1498 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

[QUOTE="Messiahbolical-"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Brand name bud, there were consoles that costed around the PS3 and more in the 90s and not sell due to being new and not doing well in brand name and even success with the systems themselves for game support.

mitu123

Where did I say that?

I don't know. But maybe you should break down your previous message? There are a lot of and words.

daledoback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1499 daledoback
Member since 2011 • 148 Posts
I find it HILARIOUS that this is the Cows trump card..."but but we only have one disc. you have multiplezzzzz?!1!". The lems arent in here doing damage control, its the cows doing damage control. Trying to do ANYTHING to get people to forget about the PSN breach which is FAR worse than anything Nintendo or Microsoft have done.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1500 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]the Ps3 hasn't caught up yet, it's still a couple of million behind,loldelta3074

cool, sorry about that, yeah it's caught up in games, took it's time though.

It did take it's time "catching up", but here's the thing...it should have never, ever happened. That one year head start was a huge advantage in so many ways. :P