TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

User Lists: 0

#751 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
When not counting just the main ones, there were still more GTA games last gen.

Yes. I enjoy the game and find it to be the most underrated GTA game. But I once got to a mission where I had to press the analog stick and that part on my PS2 controller was broken (even though I could still move it around) and I couldn't find any other PS2 controller at the time, so I just gave up. Now that I've seen other PS2 controllers around, I should go back to that game. Not to mention, I also had the game for PSP, but I lost it, so then I eventually just bought a copy on PS2.

Yeah, I heard about that for the PS3 version. I'll probably end up waiting, since I don't like the Xbox 360 controller (one of the reasons I rarely play the console).

I thought I heard there was going to be a Story mode, but I guess not.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#752 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I actually love the 360 controller, it's one of my fav controllers out there. In some cases I prefer it over the PS3 controller, definitely for shooters and racers even, I definitely like the triggers a lot more, I had to get trigger pads for my PS3 controller along with a PS3 controller that had them from the start to feel more comfortable using them for certain games.

I also wonder why the PS3 version was delayed. I can understand a week, but a month, gee.

I was hoping for a story mode as well in SSB4 since I enjoy going through those in fighters. I don't understand this, another mode wouldn't hurt. Well for the good news, the game will have some character customization.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#753 TAMKFan
So, I'm playing Vice City Stories now.

I never really cared for the triggers on the Xbox 360 controller.

So, I guess we'll see more alternate costumes then? In Brawl, the only character that really had an alternate costume was Wario.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#754 mitu123

So, I'm playing Vice City Stories now.

I never really cared for the triggers on the Xbox 360 controller.

So, I guess we'll see more alternate costumes then? In Brawl, the only character that really had an alternate costume was Wario.TAMKFan
Yep, and I heard it can affect how the character acts as well, kind of RPG-like when wearing different armors and such can make you faster or slower.

IMO the 360 triggers are some of the best in gaming, I love the grip and feel of it. I don't like using the triggers for PS controllers on certain games because they lack something for me, just doesn't feel right, kinda feels off. Thankfully the PS4 controller is going to have aftermarket triggers integrated already so it'll definitely be better for me.

1367243904_controloer_dualshock_4.jpg

Oh and Sony will have their Gamescom conference on my 7th year anniversay, August 20th, probably will announce the release date on the PS4 and such and announce more games there, can't wait, so excited.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755 TAMKFan
I like the look of the PS3 controller more than the PS4 controller.

I should be getting a Wii U for my Birthday next month. The PS4 would probably have to wait a while for me.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#756 mitu123

I like the look of the PS3 controller more than the PS4 controller.

I should be getting a Wii U for my Birthday next month. The PS4 would probably have to wait a while for me.TAMKFan
That would be a great present, in fact I'm thinking about getting a Wii U for my b-day as well. Yours is on the 25th right?

I can't wait to read your blog on it.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 TAMKFan
No, it's on the 12th. Also, I'll probably be getting white one after all. Nintendo Land can both found pretty cheap seperately and I can get more harddrive space without spending the extra $50.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 mitu123

No, it's on the 12th. Also, I'll probably be getting white one after all. Nintendo Land can both found pretty cheap seperately and I can get more harddrive space without spending the extra $50.TAMKFan
Wow, I'm way off.O_o

Oh, I see, makes sense to get the white one after all then, I remember making a suggestion for that one to save money as well.:P

I also notice that some places stop selling Wii U, I wonder what's up with that. Like this news here.

New GTA V screens:

mf38.jpg

mdxq.jpg

wwg4.jpg

6dnd.jpg

jyxk.jpg

ur5.jpg

qwsx.jpg

7vyy.jpg

qzp4.jpg

vrz9.jpg

9t3r.jpg

bzgr.jpg

zhxo.jpg

dhuh.jpg

tuh8.jpg

l2ff.jpg

rdpb.jpg

coo0.jpg

5ko5.jpg

l4ji.jpg

f1yr.jpg

jy3u.jpg

gx4m.jpg

6p1s.jpg

w8hx.jpg

ysr8.jpg

twe8.jpg

arcp.jpg

9c9z.jpg

vrj6.jpg

le07.jpg

4lqe.jpg

9d38.jpg

ah2l.jpg

xk5f.jpg

b8nb.jpg

g1lx.jpg

gxza.jpg

n1x4.jpg

l4on.jpg

yt1v.jpg

zwxo.jpg

hhw0.jpg

v3x7.jpg

74m5.jpg

2im1.jpg

kgbm.jpg

pwu8.jpg 

Man the scale of this game, just wow. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#759 TAMKFan
After looking in Walmart, only the black one was there. Although, I'm pretty sure I have seen the white one there before. I may actually end up getting the black one though, because would I really figure out how install more harddrive into the console?

I've only seen a few of those screenshots. Some of those do look really nice.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 mitu123

After looking in Walmart, only the black one was there. Although, I'm pretty sure I have seen the white one there before. I may actually end up getting the black one though, because would I really figure out how install more harddrive into the console?

I've only seen a few of those screenshots. Some of those do look really nice.TAMKFan
You can get a white one and then the usb flash drive for 20 bucks and save over 30 bucks getting the black one. But if the black one is the only one there they you have no other choice but to get that one. One of the best places to get a white one is Amazon though.

Or if you want to use external hard drives IGN had recommendations for them from Nintendo themselves. I plan on trying to use one for Xbox One since I'll try to go with more digital purchases for that console. PS4 doesn't seem to allow using external hard drives for downloading games to it from what I read and that's going to suck, heck I may even go for a 2TB internal hard drive in the future for that console.

I also read that GTA V multiplayer will be revealed sometime in August. 

Just found this, apparently it starts this week:

wiiu199-380x325.jpg

It's only listed for Canada, but we should get it as well.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#761 TAMKFan
Oh, I've had one of those USB Flash Drives around and I've used it for my PS3 before.

I've heard that the price drop for the Wii U is supposed to be permanent. Very nice, since I was planning to get one soon.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 mitu123

Oh, I've had one of those USB Flash Drives around and I've used it for my PS3 before.

I've heard that the price drop for the Wii U is supposed to be permanent. Very nice, since I was planning to get one soon.TAMKFan
But did you download any games on the USB flash drive for PS3?

Weird, I read no news about that, I just read there's just a 200 bucks version of the basic in Walmart for Canada so far. We'll be lucky if this comes to America let alone have a permanent price drop right now. Nintendo needs to prove me wrong about this.

Heck there's a rumor that Nintendo would discontinue the 8GB version and drop the price on the 32GB version. 

I just read that Batman Arkham Origins has multiplayer, except for the Wii U version. No offense but that seems odd to me. I don't even know if I'll try the online for the game either, maybe a few rounds if I'm lucky. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 TAMKFan
No, I didn't.

Well, I hope it's true. Maybe I'll have to wait a little bit longer to get a Wii U now.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 mitu123

Figures, I read you can't download games on USB flash drive, which sucks since you can do that on 360. 

Well, hope for the best, with a price cut Nintendo will take more loses, but hopefully gain enough sales to make up for that. It needs system sellers like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros right now. Because right now some retailers are pulling Wii U off the shelves and stopped selling them due to not getting enough sales. That's just awful no offense, a game system that hasn't been out for a year should not be out of certain stores. In previous months even some retailers and online services knock down the price of the Wii U just for them trying to sell it.

I've been playing Crackdown recently, a sandbox game I always wanted to try, since it's free on 360 now. Not bad so far, but I wish the game had manual targeting in 3rd person as that's only possible in 1st person view as well. Sometimes I just don't want to always lock on and such, definitely when there are many enemies around. Though it's cool that you get to pick up and throw objects at people like trashcans, lol. 

Oh my goodness!!!

"Looks like Wii U retail cuts arent limited to ASDA in the U.K. Now GameStop, Target, and Best Buy have stopped listing the Wii U Basic Set on their online stores. This adds more fuel to Wii Us fire of troubles and bolsters the mounting evidence that retailers are starting to back out on Wii U in favor of other next-gen consoles.

When last we heard about this issue, Nintendo of America stated that retailers were performing a stock rebalancing. Based on this information and our retail sources, that seems to be a mis-characterization of the situation. Its not that Wii U Basic Set stock is being reallocated. Its that retailers are shoving out the Wii U Basic Set entirely.

Dont believe me? Check out Best Buys Wii U listings, GameStops Wii U listings, and Targets Wii U listings. None of them are listing brand-new Wii U Basic Sets for sale. Neither are Kmart,

Other retailers still list SKUs for Wii U Basic Sets online, but have none in stock: Toys R Us, Walmart, andSears among them.

It seems more and more likely that Nintendo will ditch the Basic Set altogether and lower the Deluxe Set price in time to drive demand for the holidays. Ill have more comments on this situation later in the day."

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 TAMKFan
Wow, really? Well, I really hope it happens soon. I would hate ending up buying a Wii U soon before it gets a price drop.

And wow. Maybe there will be a price drop real soon then. Is the Wii U doing even worse than the 3DS did before the price drop on it?
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#766 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
I would think Nintendo would gain sales from a slight price drop.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767 mitu123

Wow, really? Well, I really hope it happens soon. I would hate ending up buying a Wii U soon before it gets a price drop.

And wow. Maybe there will be a price drop real soon then. Is the Wii U doing even worse than the 3DS did before the price drop on it?TAMKFan
The Wii U is the worst selling system right now when it comes to the big 3, even PS Vita is outselling it. And yeah, way worse than the 3DS before it's price drop. Right now, on Amazon has the basic Wii U.

It not only needs a price drop but system sellers, because with a price drop, it'll have more loses but to gain it back it needs a lot more sales and with games that people want. They need to do it before PS4 arrives because we know a lot of people are going to buy due to the price difference not being that huge.

I would think Nintendo would gain sales from a slight price drop.Noteldnep
But needs more than double for the loses!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768 mitu123

Also, to not have the basic right now even though all those places are not carrying them despite how cheaper it is is not a good sign...that means more people would have to buy the 350 bucks deluxe version if you shop in stores. A price drop to 250 bucks at least would help, to make the deluxe version 300 bucks would help due to the value but it would be priced the same as the (possibly discountinued) basic version(unless they price that to 250 bucks). Or they could make the basic verison 200 bucks like the ad for that Canadian Walmart and hope it goes well.

How they make the basic version not in stock 9 months in is something I don't get. It should be in stock at all times. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#769 TAMKFan
That would be for the best. I really hope to find out more about this soon.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 mitu123

Man, I didn't think the Wii U was selling that bad until I read up on it recently. It's worse than I thought. It should be selling millions, what gives? I did read that the controller is the main reason the Wii U costs that much, I'll say it would had been no higher than 300 bucks at max for the deluxe version if it weren't for that, though 250 bucks would be ideal just like the Wii when it 1st launched.

Wii U seems to be getting more games soon this year, like:

The Wonderful 101

Rayman Legends

Sonic Lost World

Call of Duty Ghosts

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag

Super Mario 3D World

Watch Dogs

Batman Arkham Origins 

However that new Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. would drive up sales and would be perfect for late 2013. 

I still don't get why they don't put that TMNT 2012 game on Wii U but Wii instead, Wii U would be perfect for it. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771 TAMKFan
Out of those, Super Mario 3D World is the one I'm most likely to get the soonest. I look forward to playing as Peach in that game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 mitu123

I never really play as Peach in those games, mainly Mario and Luigi.

Capcom said that Street Fighter V could come out in 2018. That's a long time...

Wii U selling for 150 bucks at Target in Canada

Man Canada is so lucky, 1st 200 bucks at their Walmart and now 150 bucks at their Target.

150 bucks, heck, I would actually buy that right now...

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 TAMKFan
What do you mean? Peach has only been playable in one main Mario game before this/

Yet another update of SFIV is announced to come out next year too, with five extra characters, including one character new to the series. This would be the third update now.

Wow, something like that really need to happen here in the US.
Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#774 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
Wow, Wii U is selling cheap in Canada. Add another game to my wish list on that console only, and that's Super Mario 3D World.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775 mitu123

What do you mean? Peach has only been playable in one main Mario game before this/

Yet another update of SFIV is announced to come out next year too, with five extra characters, including one character new to the series. This would be the third update now.

Wow, something like that really need to happen here in the US.TAMKFan
Though that's true, I still don't play as her at all really.

Capcom sure is showing a lot of support for Street Fighter IV, I think this is their most supported game in years.

It should, but likely won't happen.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 TAMKFan
So, I'm still getting a Wii U for my Birthday, it looks like. I want to see if they have the Solution Bundle here, which only costs $20 more. In this bundle, you can choose from two games, one of them being New Super Mario Bros. U, which I do want. That game standalone is going for $45 right now, so that's a good deal.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777 mitu123

So, I'm still getting a Wii U for my Birthday, it looks like. I want to see if they have the Solution Bundle here, which only costs $20 more. In this bundle, you can choose from two games, one of them being New Super Mario Bros. U, which I do want. That game standalone is going for $45 right now, so that's a good deal.TAMKFan
Oh really? Nice! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

And wow, that's one heck of a deal!

It looks like I'll have to preorder GTA V off Amazon, 1st time I will preorder a console game off that site. I'm leaning towards the PS3 version, but that could change anytime.

Near 25 minute video of TMNT: Out of the Shadow. It looks really good. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778 TAMKFan
It looks like I can only get that bundle online. It looks like that is probably what I'll do.

I'll check that out later.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779 mitu123

Yeah, go for it! Best deal I've heard for the Wii U(excluding price drops from random retailers) so far.

Oh and more bad Wii U news:

"A representative confirmed the news with GamesIndustry today, explaining figures found in the companys recent financial results.

Nintendo had said that Wii U hardware sales figures were a significant contributing factor to its $387 million operating loss this past financial year. Knowing that each hardware unit sold does not generate a profit margin goes somewhere towards easing fears that the console is barely selling but not far, given other warning signs like publishers showing no interest and major chains cancelling orders.

It also suggests we wont see a hardware price drop for quite some time, although Nintendo did surprise analaysts with its sudden 3DS price drop, which helped boost the portable to its current success."

TBH that TMNT game is looking better than I expected. And only 15 bucks, wow. That month delay for PS3 owners still sucks though.

I just realized that Saints Row 4 comes out on my 7th year anniversary!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780 TAMKFan
I ended up ordering it shortly after U made that post. Too bad the estimated arrival date is th 19th though. When it does get he, I'll also get New Super Luigi U, through download.

If they do a sudden price drop for the Wii U as well, hopefully they'll have that Ambassador's thing like they did with the 3DS.

I thought it was already confirmed before that it was only going to be $15.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781 mitu123

I ended up ordering it shortly after U made that post. Too bad the estimated arrival date is th 19th though. When it does get he, I'll also get New Super Luigi U, through download.

If they do a sudden price drop for the Wii U as well, hopefully they'll have that Ambassador's thing like they did with the 3DS.

I thought it was already confirmed before that it was only going to be $15.TAMKFan
Wow that's a bit of a wait, but it'll be worth it at least.

Going by that info, there will still be ways to go before a price drop.

Yeah, it was already confirmed, I'm just surprised at how much effort they put into the game for 15 bucks. Did you see all of the 24+ minute video of it that I linked BTW? 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 TAMKFan
I really hope it comes sooner than that.

I still haven't watched it at all yet, as I haven't really gotten around to it.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783 mitu123

After watching the video, you'll want the game as soon as possible.:P

Heck the combat looks even better than Double Dragon Neon!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#784 TAMKFan
I've seen some of it now. Looks pretty nice.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 mitu123

The tag team attacks are just amazing, and it's hilarious when they taunt, dance, etc. Can't believe they got "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go" as a dance for them, that's awesome.

Great news:

BReEH6ACAAILV38.jpg:large

Can't wait for that!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786 TAMKFan
Yeah, that should be nice. Also, I'm not sure how much I would play GTA V online.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787 mitu123

Well we'll see when it's out, depends on what they add to the online as well.

If I were to play that and BF4 online then I wouldn't know when to be on this site much again.

Now there's a rumor that the PS4 could come in October yet again. Ugh, can't wait for Sony to announce the release date next week to shut down all those rumors. It wouldn't matter if it came out in October since I would have already paid it off way in advance.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#788 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
What do you guys game atm?
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789 TAMKFan
I'm playing Tekken Revolution right to try to level up more.

Once the Wii U arrives, I'll be playing that a lot and I'll be playing some Wii games on it too.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790 mitu123

I've been playing some free to play games.

Link to GTA V online video

Some info:

"GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE IS A DYNAMIC AND PERSISTENT ONLINE WORLD FOR 16 PLAYERS THAT BEGINS BY SHARING GAMEPLAY FEATURES, GEOGRAPHY AND MECHANICS WITH GRAND THEFT AUTO V, BUT WILL CONTINUE TO EXPAND AND EVOLVE AFTER ITS LAUNCH WITH NEW CONTENT CREATED BY ROCKSTAR GAMES AND THE GRAND THEFT AUTO COMMUNITY. GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE TAKES THE FUNDAMENTAL GRAND THEFT AUTO CONCEPTS OF FREEDOM, AMBIENT ACTIVITY AND MISSION-BASED GAMEPLAY AND MAKES THEM AVAILABLE TO MULTIPLE PLAYERS IN AN INCREDIBLY DETAILED AND RESPONSIVE ONLINE WORLD.

IN GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE, PLAYERS HAVE THE FREEDOM TO EXPLORE ALONE OR WITH FRIENDS, WORK COOPERATIVELY TO COMPLETE MISSIONS, BAND TOGETHER TO PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES AND AMBIENT EVENTS, OR COMPETE IN TRADITIONAL GAME MODES WITH THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY, ALL WITH THE PERSONALITY AND REFINED MECHANICS OF GRAND THEFT AUTO V.

PLAYERS CAN INVEST IN THEIR CHARACTER THROUGH CUSTOMIZING THEIR APPEARANCE, IMPROVING THEIR STATS, OWNING CUSTOMIZED VEHICLES, PURCHASING PERSONAL PROPERTY, AND TAKING PART IN MISSIONS, JOBS AND ACTIVITIES TO EARN REPUTATION AND CASH TO OPEN UP NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO RISE THROUGH THE CRIMINAL RANKS. THE WORLD OF GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE WILL CONSTANTLY GROW AND CHANGE AS NEW CONTENT IS ADDED, CREATING THE FIRST EVER PERSISTENT AND DYNAMIC GRAND THEFT AUTO GAME WORLD.

ACCESS TO GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE IS FREE WITH EVERY RETAIL COPY OF GRAND THEFT AUTO V AND LAUNCHES ON OCTOBER 1ST."

Well, looks like I'll do the single player as much as possible before it comes out.

Even more info!

Stuff that wasn't in the trailer that is confirmed:

• Looting, co-op heists, deathmatches, races, gang attacks, crew vs crew playlists, sports (like tennis, BASE jumping, golf and more), plus 'ambient' events like armoured van robberies, crate drops, import/export car acquisition, bounties
  • When you speak into the microphone, your characters lips will move in-game
  • You can select what masks you use to hold up places like gas-stations and banks. You can then throw the mask away which will remove a wanted star
  • During heists, if you speak loudly into your mic, the AI reacts to the urgency in your voice and puts the money into bags quicker
  • Whoever does the job gets the cash and can choose how much to share: a sure-fire source of arguments
  • Police cars have a 'cone of detection' visible on the radar and you need to stay out of their sight for a number of seconds - or simply out-distance them - to lose the wanted level.
  • Like single player, car modding is extensive, but don't fear losing your cherished vehicles. You can take out insurance and ring for a replacement car if yours get destroyed. Your custom cars show as markers on the map and get impounded if you leave them too long. Simply pay to retrieve them
  • The garage looks like a minimalist, gleaming white Apple showroom. You can pay a personal mechanic to fix your cars automatically, or deliver them to any location.
  • At one stage, a car flies past us at a junction being pursued by the police - another human player in trouble, since you exist in the same world
  • If this wasn't enough, Rockstar will constantly add missions and content to GTA Online, plus players can create their own missions using the Creator tools. The long-term aim, as we understand it, is a vibrant self-sustaining community, but initially the tools will be more limited - like the mission creator in Infamous 2. You'll only be able to make races and death matches at the start, but multi-stage DIY heists should appear at some stage.
  • You can assemble a team from your friends list, or recruit according to specialist skills. For example, some players are better at shooting, driving or flying, while others have access to unique vehicles.
  • As GTA Online develops, it's sensible to expect the 'Whales' to rise to the top - players with more time and skill with the highest levels of RP and cash. However, it's possible to spread the wealth by sharing cash, weapons and ammo among your team. In turn, they can 'defect' and try to steal your cash so, like life, GTA Online is an exercise in trust and social dynamics.
  • Before the demo's final mission, one player leaves to drop money off at the Maze Bank ATM. If you get killed holding all your cash, a portion will spill onto the streets. It's important to keep cash for your daily activities, and deposit the rest in the bank. Or wager it on races. Or invest in the stock market
  • You can even attack listed companies and damage their share price. At one extreme, you might need a bodyguard to make drops at the bank.
  • There will be loads of property to buy at different prices, according to their views and location. You can use your in-house CCTV to spy on people at your front door, or take showers, surf the net, change clothes and watch the game's many TV channels. From the safety of your house, you can watch people within your 16-player game being chased by the cops, just like Police Camera Action.
  • Leslie Benzies claims that Los Santos is only the beginning. The volume of creator tools, missions and items will grow, but at some stage GTA Online will head into new locations. He suggested they were sitting on a lot of content, and it doesn't take a genius to speculate what it might be. Fancy taking your Los Santos crew for an away day in Liberty City? What about a retro-themed GTA Online spin-off in Vice City, but with deliberately old-school graphics like Far Cry: Blood Dragon? Leslie Benzies confirmed nothing, but suggested that old content was on route... simulating the world and different countries has always been their long-term goal.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 TAMKFan
So, could the wanted level system be like how it is in the Saints Row games then?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 mitu123

Maybe.

I might get Saints Row IV next week, don't know 100% for sure yet. Though the chances are high.

PS4 and X1 release dates are suppose to be announced next week, can't wait!

GTA V Achievements revealed

Apparently the multiplayer has 100 ranks...and a lot of them are multiplayer focused.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793 TAMKFan
That would be nice. I always preferred the wanted level system in those games over the GTA games.

I don't plan to get Saints Row IV quite yet, but I do want to get it sometime.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 mitu123

GamescomSony_SocialPromo_640x360.jpg

3 hours just to announce games for PS4, PS3 and Vita and then a PS4 release date? Wow, that's crazy, I'm not sure if I'll watch all of it.

In a few days I'll have to preorder GTA V.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795 TAMKFan
I'm not sure if I'll pre-order it.

You know, one thing I never liked in GTA games is how some gangs would automatically start shooting you after doing certain missions. It makes the games more frustrating than they should be. Thankfully, this was changed in GTA IV, where they would only shoot at you if you shoot at them first. Hopefully, it'll stay like that in GTA V.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 mitu123

I'm not sure if I'll pre-order it.

You know, one thing I never liked in GTA games is how some gangs would automatically start shooting you after doing certain missions. It makes the games more frustrating than they should be. Thankfully, this was changed in GTA IV, where they would only shoot at you if you shoot at them first. Hopefully, it'll stay like that in GTA V.TAMKFan
Why not?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that, been ages since the played the ones before IV. I think the same for IV will happen in V.

One thing I don't like about the games before IV were the shooting controls...III had the worst ones! Even GTA clones like True Crime had better shooting.

Now there's a rumor that Sony will announce the Vita 2000 and it'll be a bit bigger and have more RAM to do more background tasks for programs...

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 TAMKFan
GTA III just hasn't aged very good at all. It's my least favorite out of the 3D GTA games. Vice City was a big improvement. I believe Vice City also had only one gang that would shoot at you, unlike GTA III, which had most gangs shooting at you. Also, it's hard to believe that San Andreas is almost 9 years old now.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798 mitu123

GTA III just hasn't aged very good at all. It's my least favorite out of the 3D GTA games. Vice City was a big improvement. I believe Vice City also had only one gang that would shoot at you, unlike GTA III, which had most gangs shooting at you. Also, it's hard to believe that San Andreas is almost 9 years old now.TAMKFan
To me Vice City has always been better than GTA III. I had both on Xbox with the Double Pack and I tend to play Vice City more.

Lots of people debate between Vice City and San Andreas and heck people just prefer Vice City because of the 80s theme. San Andreas actually improved the gameplay of the series even further and heck even GTA V is bringing back some of San Andreas's features like the character stat thing.

New GTA V info:

- The camera will zoom out and pan away to your online character seamlessly. During the animation, a matchmaking process will be in progress.
- Matchmaking will depend on which friends are playing, and what people have ranks near yours.
- You can do almost anything you can do in single player in GTA Online.
- Each mission requires a rank depending on difficulty and complexity. The bigger your rank, the more difficult the missions will be.
- There are around 700 missions in GTA Online.
- Missions will be ordered randomly as you play Online.
- For certain heists you might need certain weapons, vehicles or characters such as a sniper or a driver. This will also depend on the mission creator if you download the mission from the Social Club.
- Some missions are so complex they need plenty of good communication.
- There will be descriptions to help each character on its heist function.
- You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.
- There is something called "team lives". If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it's mission failed.
- You can watch races and deathmatches on your apartment TV.
- There are masks to hide from the cops.

- The Online will be run on the Social Club servers, data will be stored on the cloud. There are datacenters from NY to San Diego, and more Rockstar studios.

Over 700 missions? This game is going to consume all my time.O_o 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799 TAMKFan
Well, some people aren't a fan of some of the RPG elements that San Andreas has, such as myself. Also, I found San Andreas to have more frustrating missions, compared to Vice City.

As for those masks to hide from cops, I wonder if that means that the stars will go away completely if you pick a mask or the stars will just blink or what.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800 mitu123

Those elements added more to the game and differentiate itself from other sandbox games. Though I know some didn't like it.

We are going to have to wait and see about that.

Also, I have preordered GTA V today on 360.

Now that the PS4 is coming on November 15th, I'm going to have my hands full that month with that and X1. Really wanted it to be October, oh well.