TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

User Lists: 0

#651 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I'm hoping to get a PS4 at least next year. Hopefully, these new consoles will be less prone to errors and stuff.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#652 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I doubt it, systems will usually have their problems, freezing being one of them. Hard to perfect tech.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653 TAMKFan
I hope that next gen won't be so focused on FPS games and RPG games and stuff like this gen was. That's not to say there should't be any at all though. But I do think they should have more focuse on other genres like platfomers, fighting games and beat 'em ups again.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654 mitu123

That surely won't happen, the tech is there and FPSs and RPGs(my fav genres nonetheless) will be more popular than ever with even better tech. Devs go where the money is and things will get more expensive for them so...go for what sells!

Platformers would still live though may not reach FPS and RPG level of popularity, fighters would live but won't be as popular and beat em ups, well, that one is totally up in the air.

1st Sonic Lost World gameplay vid:

I got the following vibes:

Sonic Colors

Sonic X-treme

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655 TAMKFan
I thought your favorite genre was platformers. Or is it more of a tie between those three? And I hope that won't be the case.

After watching that video, I see what you mean. It does look a bit like the cancelled Sonic X-treme. I can't wait for that game. Hopefully, I'll have a Wii U by then.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#656 mitu123

Platformers will always be my number 1 fav, just those 2 are like 3 and 4.

It's likely going to happen though. 

Game comes out in the Fall so you should have a Wii U by then.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657 TAMKFan
Oh, I see. What's your 2nd favorite genre then?

Yeah, I probably will.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658 mitu123
Probably beat em ups.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659 TAMKFan
Those would be up there for me too.

I should play Ratchet & Clank games more soon.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660 mitu123

I thought you were done with the ones you have.

Also, E3 is next week and should give us what to look forward to for the PS4, Wii U and XOne. Lets hope for a lot of nice games.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661 TAMKFan
Not quite. I still need to beat Size Matters. Although, I'm now playing All 4 One again to get some trophies.

And yeah, it's on the 10th. As you may know though, I'm not too interested in E3 itself. I'll just have the browser for them open to get those emblems.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662 mitu123

Like past E3s I'll be watching all of them.

Looks like I'll be done with Sleeping Dogs soon. Heck I modded the camera as well.

ib0FFSjDmObro1.png

ivncvbf0YFoLB.png

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663 TAMKFan
Sleeping Dogs is a game I still need to play.

I just got a couple more trophies in Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One earlier.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664 mitu123

Now Sleeping Dogs is done, funny enough I got this game many months ago and just beaten it, while I got quite a bit of games weeks ago and beaten them within a week. 

Far Cry 3

Crysis 3  

Tomb Raider  

Bioshock Infinite  

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon  

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Metro Last Light

Sleeping Dogs

In red are games I gotten in May and beaten in May as well.XD 

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/06/04/donatello-unleashes-shell-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-out-of-the-shadows-trailer-exclusive-video/

Looks like the new TMNT game is coming out on June 26th, which is quite long for me, oh well, I hope The Last of Us would hold me until then. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665 TAMKFan
I considered getting Sleeping Dogs the other day at Walmart when I seen it, but I went with Twisted Metal (PS3) instead. It shouldn't be too much longer until Sleeping Dogs drops down to $20 anyway.

Speaking of Twisted Metal, what's with reboots having the same exact name as the original game these days?

Yeah, I heard about that release date too. I'll be getting it on release day. I already have some money on my PSN account anyway.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666 mitu123

I considered getting Sleeping Dogs the other day at Walmart when I seen it, but I went with Twisted Metal (PS3) instead. It shouldn't be too much longer until Sleeping Dogs drops down to $20 anyway.

Speaking of Twisted Metal, what's with reboots having the same exact name as the original game these days?

Yeah, I heard about that release date too. I'll be getting it on release day. I already have some money on my PSN account anyway.TAMKFan
Wow it's taking quite a while for Sleeping Dogs to drop to 20 bucks? I got it for like 25 bucks back in December.O_o

Well, that's the point of a reboot, to ignore the past and be the 1st in a new series. Makes sense in a way. Definitely for Tomb Raider, which is a new series that has nothing to do with the past. As for name conflicts, well, what else would you call it?

Twisted Metal 7? Twisted Metal Returns? Even though it has nothing to do with the other games? All they do is take the characters and alter them along with the story and heck gameplay even. That would ruin continuity with the series so a reboot is the best to do. It's only confusing if it's a sequel, like when James Rolfe talked about Rambo in his Rambo games review. If people get confused between the 1995 and 2012 versions then I don't know what to say, just put the year after the title if that bothers you, lol. No one has any problems using Batman 89 so the same can be applied to anything.

I tend to hate it when they call something a sequel that has nothing to do with the series, might as well get a different name. 

And guess why they use the same name? To sell of course because the same name would usually sell more than a different one of the same IP.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667 TAMKFan
Oh wait, I forgot that the game didn't have a price tag on it when I seen it at Walmart, for some reason. Maybe it was already $20.

They should have just had some kind of subtitle for the game. It would make more sense than just calling it "Twisted Metal", if you ask me. Speaking of James Rolfe, the title for reboot games would be a good subject to bring up in a Chronologically Confused video.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668 mitu123

It's a reboot, it doesn't need a subtitle at all, optional at best, but not required. And considering it's the 1st in a new series of the franchise that does make sense which is common for games like Devil May Cry, Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat. If people get the names mixed up with an older game, then it's time to research in which you should be doing for something you're interested in.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had the same name for 3 TV series and no one complains about it. Heck like no one complains about those games mentioned when it comes to name titles so it really shouldn't be a concern. You also have to remember about them selling the name because simply calling it "Twisted Metal" has a ring to it that would sell to people, if it had a subtitle it'll most likely not do as well. The general audience really do react to the name along with what series the game is in and for it to be in a new series usually having the same name as the previous original one is the one that's best used.

In short, they're trying to sell something with an older name new again, and if anything, this can be for the better. 

Looks like a new Mario game is being teased!

char1.png

Oh and now Super Smash Bros. 4 is finally confirmed for E3, the past were all rumors until this one, wow I can't wait to see this game at E3. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669 TAMKFan
I really don't see how having a subtitle would make it sell less.

Nice. Hopefully, they'll finally confirm some characters for the game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670 mitu123

It's all about the name on what attracts audiences on sales when it comes to reboots, which is why the same name is used like all the time compared to using a subtitle for it, it's all about taking the old name and making it sound new again. Adding a subtitle for reboots would make people think it's a sequel or even prequel in some cases and if the series didn't do well in the 1st place adding a subtitle wouldn't help when trying to attract people. You'll be amazed at how how well people react to names.

And oh wow, a free to play Tekken game.

This came out of nowhere.O_o I wonder if free to play games will happen more next gen seeing how some fre to play games are confirmed for PS4 like Planetside 2 and Warframe(which both started on PC). 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671 TAMKFan
Wow, that's the first time I heard about that. I wonder what it will be like.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672 mitu123

Have you tried it yet? Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is also going free to play but only in Japan, though you need a Japanese account and my younger bro has one, so...

I enjoyed E3, lots of games to look forward to. Biggest surprise is Killer Instinct, which looks like Street Fighter 4. I wish it was on 360 and not Xbox One, I don't want to pay 500 bucks for that. Looks like I'll get quite a bit of Wii U games when I get one though whenever I'm getting it before PS4 is yet to be determined.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673 TAMKFan
Yes and I've been playing it quite a bit. And yeah, I'm looking forward to quite a few games after E3 too. Now I definitely need to get a Wii U sometime this year.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674 mitu123

I don't know if I'm getting a Wii U this year, I remember saying I would get one when the 4th SSB game is out, and I'm glad Mega Man is in it though it needs Protoman, or heck go as far with Mega Man X and Zero. Having an Animal Crossing character is just pure random along with the Wii Fitness chick, lol. And since it comes out in 2014 that's the more I have to wait. Unless my younger bro decides to help me get a Wii U this year 2014 is looking more than likely.

For you, you may get one in the summer or Fall if I remember correctly. Heck it's the only next gen console with free online! PS4 charging online just changed the game for me. I'll adapt to it but I rather it be free, oh well.

500 bucks is a terrible price for a console. I almost spent 500 bucks on a launch PS3 but it certainly didn't look worth it and I know older PS3s have more problems than later ones so I decided to go PC instead. PS4 looks to have more worthwhile launch games than PS3, but still isn't enough for me since I'm still against buying systems at launch. I still think 400 bucks should be the max and I'm glad the PS4 costs that much. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675 TAMKFan
Yeah, I'm glad to see Mega Man in too. I have my doubts about other Mega Man characters, accept as maybe Assist Trophies. We're lucky that Mega Man himself is in to begin with. Wii Fit Trainer looks interesting too.

Since I could see myself playing fighting games and stuff online for PS4, it looks I'll have to subscribe to PS Plus. It was avoidable before, since only one of the consoles charged for online play.

The PS3 was $300 when I got it back in 2009.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676 mitu123

This game is coming to Wii U and 3DS!

I'm also extremely curious to what other new characters would make it to the roster in SSB4. Heck get Rosalina in there, aka hotter than Peach girl.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677 TAMKFan
It looks like a Mega Man game, but with AVGN playable. I'll have to look into it.

I would like to see Rosalina in that game too.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#678 mitu123

About the PS4: It turns out that my younger bro also wants it so there's a chance that we will both end up paying for it together meaning we can get it quicker, heck even on launch day, something I normally don't even do.O_o

The last console I almost got on launch day was a PS3 for 500 bucks, but my PC was getting dated so I went for a new PC instead. Plus, it barely had anything anyways. I'll go as far as to say the PS4 launch titles do look better than the PS3 ones(not just in graphics obviously but for quality of games). If I do get a PS4 I be sure to get Killzone Shadow Fall and Knack, and Knack looks to be a half beat em up/half platformer, like a hybrid, it looks similar to Crash Bandicoot. And Crash was awesome! 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679 TAMKFan
That would be nice.

I'm going to be playing some SSB Melee and Brawl soon.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680 mitu123

Good to play those to prepare for the 4th one which should be the best one. 

The PS4 launch titles definitely look better than PS3, heck I'll say the PS3 launch titles looked poor compared to 360 launch titles in the fact there were quite more good games than the PS3 one. If I had gotten a PS3 at launch I would be stuck with Resistance and Ridge Racer 7, lol. PS4 being 400 bucks at launch and offering some interesting launch titles is even better.

I don't know how I would feel getting a console at launch considering I'm usually against it. Hilariously it's yet another Sony console that I plan to get at launch. Though I wonder how this would turn out. It won't be exactly like 2006 because I ended up getting a PC and I didn't have help really for paying on the PS3 like I am for the PS4. Thanks to Sony charging me for online play I would have to pay even more money out of the gate, oh well at least the deals are awesome.

Thing is, if the PS4 gets sold out, it's gonna be hard getting one, lol. And I will not resort to ebay! 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#681 TAMKFan
Yeah, I'm playing some Brawl now on Classic mode. I played some online earlier. I haven't played these games in months. My main in the games is Peach.

So, it looks like TMNT: Out of the Shadows won't actually be released until August. That sucks.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682 mitu123

Oh wow, really? That does suck, I had the money for it. Same month as Saints Row IV? Crazy! Not sure if I'm getting both that month.

Look at what I found:

TPTs1wK.jpg

Hope it's true.

What's funny is that this will be the 1st time I owned a Sony console 1st next gen, usually it's mid or the last one, like:

I had a N64 before PS1, Gamecube, then Xbox, then PS2, and finally Xbox 360, then Wii and PS3. At what it looks like right now it'll be PS4 then Wii U and finally Xbox One, Microsoft just killed it with the ridiculous price. Though if I were to get Xbox One before Wii U the Wii U would be a lot cheaper for me seeing how the prices of the system and games would go down further. 

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#683 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
Heh, if the release date is true, it will be coming out on the same day as my birthday. :P
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#684 TAMKFan

What's funny is that this will be the 1st time I owned a Sony console 1st next gen, usually it's mid or the last one, like:

I had a N64 before PS1, Gamecube, then Xbox, then PS2, and finally Xbox 360, then Wii and PS3. At what it looks like right now it'll be PS4 then Wii U and finally Xbox One, Microsoft just killed it with the ridiculous price. Though if I were to get Xbox One before Wii U the Wii U would be a lot cheaper for me seeing how the prices of the system and games would go down further. mitu123

I see. I was the same with you when it came to Nintendo 64 and PS1. In the gen after that, my order was the opposite of yours. Then in the next gen, it was Wii, PS3 and then the Xbox 360. It looks like next gen will be the second gen in a row where I get a Nintendo console first.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685 mitu123
Heh, if the release date is true, it will be coming out on the same day as my birthday. :PNoteldnep
That would be amazing.
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

I had a N64 before PS1, Gamecube, then Xbox, then PS2, and finally Xbox 360, then Wii and PS3. At what it looks like right now it'll be PS4 then Wii U and finally Xbox One, Microsoft just killed it with the ridiculous price. Though if I were to get Xbox One before Wii U the Wii U would be a lot cheaper for me seeing how the prices of the system and games would go down further. TAMKFan

I see. I was the same with you when it came to Nintendo 64 and PS1. In the gen after that, my order was the opposite of yours. Then in the next gen, it was Wii, PS3 and then the Xbox 360. It looks like next gen will be the second gen in a row where I get a Nintendo console first.

I would had gotten Wii U 1st, but I want to put the PS4 out of the way so that'll be easier on me than Wii U for obvious reasons.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686 TAMKFan
Oh, I see. Hopefully, I'll get a Wii U at least before September. Also, now that TMNT: Out of the Shadows is not going to be released this month, maybe I'll get another PSN game soon and a DLC bikini costume pack for DOA5.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#687 mitu123

Which Wii U model would you get?

I should be paying on the PS4 soon. Funny enough cross game chat is free on PS4, and I love that on 360, much better than typing all those messages, it gets annoying when trying to play a game. I've done it for Uncharted and it was miserable.

Oh wow, the new Mirror's Edge is simply called Mirror's Edge. Ok, so they decide to do a reboot for next gen? That's gotta be the fastest reboot I've seen of any game.O_o 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#688 TAMKFan
Probably the Deluxe one, as it has more memory storage and a pack-in game.

So, I'm glad Peach will finally be playable in Super Mario 3D World. I remember how she was supposed to be playable in New Super Mario Bros. Wii.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689 mitu123

I wouldn't get the deluxe one, I would get a basic and get an equal 32GB usb flash for much cheaper than paying 350 bucks on it(like 320 bucks), or heck even a 64GB one that's still in total would be like 330-340 bucks, still cheaper and have way more space for downloading games. 

That's great news about Peach being playable in that game. 

With Killer Instinct, Tekken and Dead or Alive having free to play, I wonder if more fighters will embrace it. It would be awesome if they did. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#690 TAMKFan
Well, I might want the pack-in game. I'll just have to come up with a decision.

It's only the 3rd platformer to have Peach playable, counting her spin-off game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#691 mitu123

Well I hope the game is good then.=p I don't rely on pack in games to determine my purchase unless it's worth it. I always think of the long run which is why I'm avoiding the deluxe version. I tend to download lots of games and it's annoying when you have to uninstall some games just to have room for others.

And I see you don't mind free to play fighters(I think). I personally want to see it expanded if done right. 

Also look what comes next month!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#692 TAMKFan
I don't mind them, but I would rather just have the regular games.

Nice. I'll have to play that when it comes out.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693 mitu123

July 14th is when it's out!

Due to some random turn of events, I may end up getting a PS4, Xbox One and Wii U sooner than I thought if things go as planned, heck the quickest out of any gen to date. I can't guaranteed Xbox One this year 100% though it could be likely, or even a Wii U, but a PS4 is guaranteed. I'll pay on the PS4 soon and then work on Xbox One and Wii U while getting all the games I want from those systems.

Seems I'm ready for the next gen. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694 TAMKFan
So, what happened?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#695 mitu123

So, what happened?TAMKFan
Unxepected use of what I would do with my money. I was focusing on current gen games, but then I wondered "Hey, besides Saints Row IV, TMNT: Out of the Shadows(if that turns out good), GTA V and Battlefield 4, there aren't really that many new current gen games coming out up to November that I would really, really want" while the rest of the current gen games would be cheaper for those I missed so it wouldn't hurt my wallet much at all. Then it would turn out I would have enough for an Xbox One after all despite the ridiculous price tag, it seems I wanted to play Killer Instinct badly because it's been ages since the last one. And Crismon Dragon because it's a spiritual successor to the awesome Panzer Dragoon games that I loved a lot.

With that in mind there's a chance of me getting all next gen consoles within few months apart. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#696 TAMKFan
Wow, that quick? You are pretty lucky. Mine will be years apart. That is, if I even end up getting an Xbox One. Otherwise, maybe quite a few months apart. I may end up getting GTAV before Saints Row IV too.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697 mitu123

Yeah it's amazing how times have changed, in the past I could never do that. I'll be a bit surprised if you get GTA V before Saints Row IV seeing how you prefer Saints Row over GTA, though I can see what you mean if you're more hyped for GTA V. I mainly prefer it over GTA in activities, abilities and gunplay. But modded GTA is the best, then again that's only a PC thing, and hilariously enough I put a Saints Row character in GTA IV!

jhaggZSWtykvQ.png

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#698 TAMKFan
Well, I'm a bit more excited for GTA V than Saints Row IV. Hopefully, I'll get both this year though.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#699 mitu123
Well GTA V is doing a lot for the series and the whole 3 man thing sounds so amazing. I do wonder how many missions it'll have, GTA IV had like 90 of them. I also hope to get both games as well. Super powers in Saints Row IV sounds hilariously awesome.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700 TAMKFan
Perhaps it'll have the most missions out of all GTA games yet. But yeah, I would more likely get that game on release day than Saints Row IV, if I even get either of them on release day.