Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#701 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

That would be crazy, so many missions that it'll take days to finish it.O_o

Guess what? Today I started to pay on the PS4 and the games, though next week I will pay on it more.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#702 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
Wow. Pretty lucky of you being able to get a PS4 at launch.

I've been playing some Super Smash Bros. Melee for the first time in a while.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703 mitu123

Been many years hasn't it? And who do you like playing as the most?

Yeah I'm so lucky, it was originally going to be a b-day present, but now that's looking to be the Wii U. I should have the PS4 paid for way in advanced so that gives me time for the games. Also PSN+, I used it once and took advantage on it for discounts and trying games as well. Now PSN+ will be used on PS4 for the entire lifespan to take full advantage of the system.

There's a rumor that the PS4 could come in October. This could be possible because the PS2 came out in October as well and games like AC4 and BF4 come out in October with a PS4 version being made as well. In some cases the next gen version comes out before the console itself. Whereas the PS1 and PS3 came out in November, an October release would make sense for a change. And the PS4 release date is said to be announced at Gamescom. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704 TAMKFan
It hasn't even been one year since I last played it. Just several months. And as I've mentioned before, I use Peach the most in both Melee and Brawl.

Looks like I'll probably be subscribing to PlayStation Plus too, as the PS4 will require it for online play. I really wish it wouldn't.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 mitu123

It hasn't even been one year since I last played it. Just several months. And as I've mentioned before, I use Peach the most in both Melee and Brawl.

Looks like I'll probably be subscribing to PlayStation Plus too, as the PS4 will require it for online play. I really wish it wouldn't.TAMKFan
Yeah I forgot about that, well, I never use Peach, I don't like using her, I like using Link the most.

Sony has given reasons why we have to pay, though I agree with you on that.

Also it looks like PSN is having sales!

July 2-9:
  • Call Of Duty Black Ops II(PS3) Regular Price: $59.99 Sale Price: $41.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $37.79
  • The Amazing Spider-Man(PS3) Regular Price: $49.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99
  • Batman Arkham Asylum(PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS Vita/PSP) Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $4.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $2.50
  • Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • Mortal Kombat (PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands (PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: the Game(PS3) Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $3.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $2.00
  • Shadow of the Colossus (PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50
July 9-16
  • Fast & Furious Showdown (PS3) Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $31.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $23.99
  • Star Trek(PS3) Regular Price: $54.99 Sale Price: $43.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $32.99
  • Men In Black: Alien Crisis(PS3) Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $29.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $20.99
  • The Simpsons Arcade Game(PS3) Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89
  • X-Men (PS3) Regular Price: $9.99 Sale Price: $6.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.89
  • Hitman Trilogy HD (PS3) Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $15.99
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North(PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • Silent Hill: Book of Memories (PS Vita) Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50
  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes(PS3) Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $14.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.50
  • LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes(PS Vita) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • The Adventures of TinTin: The Game(PS3) Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $19.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $10.00
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed II (PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game(PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $5.00
  • Just Cause 2(PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $9.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $7.99
  • Prince of Persia Classics Trilogy (PS3) Regular Price: $39.99 Sale Price: $15.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $8.00
  • Tron Evolution (PS Vita) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
  • Alice: Madness Returns(PS3) Regular Price: $19.99 Sale Price: $7.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $4.00
  • Fight Night Champion Full Game(PS3) Regular Price: $29.99 Sale Price: $11.99 PlayStation Plus Price: $6.00
Man I wish I had PSN+ now, lol.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 TAMKFan
Wow, thanks for sharing. I almost forgot about this. I don't have PlayStation Plus now either, but I do plan to get X-Men, as I have wanted to get that game for sometime. I may as well finally do so when it's on sale. I might get Ratchet & Clank Collection as well, just so I would have Going Commando and the trophies.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707 mitu123

Hope you get them and have fun with that, I've played X-Men at the arcades back in the day.

And now for some GTA V news:

"The Xbox 360 edition of Grand Theft Auto 5 will come on two discs, developer Rockstar has announced, but you won't need to swap them during gameplay.

The first disc holds data for a mandatory 8GB install - meaning that 4GB Xbox 360 users will need an external hard drive. Disc two will then be used to play the game.

"This initial install will require an Xbox 360 Hard Drive or an external 16GB USB flash drive with at least 8 GB of free space," Rockstar wrote in a new Q&A blog post. "If using a USB flash drive it must be at least USB 2.0 with a minimum 15mb/s read speed and formatted for Xbox 360 use. A new USB flash drive is recommended to ensure optimum performance."

On PlayStation 3, the game will come on one Blu-ray disc, as expected, although you'll still need that 8GB mandatory install.

Grand Theft Auto 5's multiplayer mode will also be included on those discs, though sounds like a separate entity. It'll be named Grand Theft Auto Online. More details will be announced over the summer." 

This is making it even harder for me to decide. Both versions require you to install 8GB on them so you better have enough space for it though if past Rockstar games are any indication they will definitely look and run better on 360. So far I'm leading towards the 360 version unless the PS3 version is the same. Either way, it's 2013 and some console games force you to install them to the hard drive, wow.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 TAMKFan
I never actually played X-Men before, but I have heard about it and seen gameplay footage of it.

And wow, that's a lot. I don't like having to make room.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709 mitu123

I never actually played X-Men before, but I have heard about it and seen gameplay footage of it.

And wow, that's a lot. I don't like having to make room.TAMKFan
Then again you didn't go to the arcades(from what I remember) even though the arcades were a paradise of fighting and beat em up games, glad I went to them a lot since it had the best Battletoads game and such. Along with other excellent beat em ups from Capcom like Cadillac and Dinosaurs and Alien vs Predator, heck those 2 are some of my fav beat em ups ever made and AVP still has a combat system that puts most beat em ups to shame to this day even. Not even Double Dragon Neon's combat is as good as that game.

Then you had funny but extremely violent fighting games like Time Killers and Bloodstorm that let you rip off arms and legs off your opponent and they still have to fight with one arm, one leg, or no arms and no legs, lol, I loved the idea of that. Main thing I hated about Time Killers are how stiff the controls are, it's a pain man, glad Bloodstorm had better controls.

Well you got to delete something if you want to play GTA V on your PS3. Honestly I'm better off getting it on 360 at this rate, I'm running out of space as well and I don't feel like getting an external hard drive/usb flash/etc. just to play one game, not to mention my 360 is a 250 GB one so that's more than enough space.

And today I put more money down on the PS4. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 TAMKFan
I have been to the Arcades before. I believe I've told you that I just haven't been to them very much. I've even played Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Soul Calibur I and Soul Calibur III at the Arcades before, as well as some other games. However, I didn't even know about the X-Men game, until I saw AVGN's review of those X-Men games in 2009.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 mitu123

I have been to the Arcades before. I believe I've told you that I just haven't been to them very much. I've even played Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Soul Calibur I and Soul Calibur III at the Arcades before, as well as some other games. However, I didn't even know about the X-Men game, until I saw AVGN's review of those X-Men games in 2009.TAMKFan
You certainly didn't tell me you played all those games before.O_o I definitely didn't know you played Soul Calibur III at Arcades. I rented that on PS2. I did love using Amy and Tira though.

That X-Men game is one of the most known ones at the arcades and X-Men games in general!:o 

Though it's nice that Konami bought The Simpsons Arcade game and X-Men to PSN and XBLA, if only Capcom did that with some of their classic beat em ups... 

New Saints Row IV trailer, game is looking more hilarious!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 TAMKFan
Yeah, I know it's the most popular X-Men game, but prior to AVGN's video on them, I just didn't know about the existence of that game, for some reason. Of course, I didn't go to the Arcades a whole lot either.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 mitu123

Funny enough that game is commonly seen in best X-Men games list.

Well if you pick up the game I hope you enjoy it. Been so long since I played it at the arcades, lol.

I may preorder GTA V a few weeks from now. And I read they're going to show gameplay for the 1st time soon. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 TAMKFan
Nice. I look forward to seeing a video with actual gameplay.

The last time I've been to the Arcades at all was in 2007 when I was visiting a different city.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 mitu123

Oh wow I had no idea.O_o Sounds nice.

Man, why is this a Japanese exclusive now?

Sexy Swimsuits Screenshots For Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate 

pic_10.jpg

Oh wow.O_o

Oh look, Saints Row IV will have some big differences from the previous games.

More Challenging Gameplay

Many of the activities from Saints Row: The Third return for this sequel, including fan-favorites like Tank Mayhem and Insurance Fraud, but in this iteration players will find that the activities are far more challenging. For example, when ragdolling around in SR3s Insurance Fraud minigame, the average score needed to pass the activity on its hardest difficulty was $450,000. Now, with the addition of superpowers that allow you to hurl yourself into buildings at super-sonic speeds, the lowest score needed to pass the challenge on easy is a whopping $300,000 which means youll need to practice flinging yourself across Steelport  for a while before completing all three tiers (bronze, sliver and gold - also a new addition) of all the different activities.

Steelport 2.0 is a Vertical City

Saints Row: The Third did a fantastic job of improving on aerial combat with its addition of the VTOL hover-jets and futuristic rocket cycles. While the previous games had helicopters and planes you could fly, SR3 made it much easier to drop yourself off on top of a skyscraper and do some naked base-jumping to get back to street level. That being said, the majority of the game was spent on the ground, both on foot and in vehicles. With the addition of powers like speed running up walls or super jumping tall buildings in a single bound (literally), Steelport becomes a concrete jungle gym for your character to explore every inch of, be it at street level or atop towering skyscrapers. It also means that new gameplay types are opened up, so it should come as no surprise that...

It Has Platforming.

One of the new additions to the activity roster is a challenging climb to the top of a tower - similar to Assassins Creeds viewpoints or Far Cry 3s radio towers. While one might not immediately associate a game like Saints Row, the new powers of super-speed and (almost) flight make it a less jarring addition than you might expect. Jumping and wall-running your way to the top of these structures is not only satisfying and fun, but also helps you take over more of the city and upgrade your superpowers so you can jump higher, run faster, and nut-punch aliens further into space.

No Respect

In former Saints Row titles, you needed to gain the respect of your crew and the people of your city before you could tackle more of the games story missions. While this mechanic is still present, Respect is now simply referred to as XP. While some may say its better to call a horse a horse, the lack of an actual Respect-O-Meter makes SR IV feel somewhat less Saints Row-ey.

No More Factions

Another franchise element that isnt making a reappearance in Saints Row IV are the multiple factions youve had to face off against in previous titles. Instead of being embroiled in turf wars with three rival gangs, the Saints now face only one enemy. Youll still have to complete missions and activities to wrestle territories out of enemy hands, but gone are the three-way battle-royales of the past titles in the series.

Downloadable Cars

The fact that Saints Row IV takes place almost entirely within a computer simulation allows players to take advantage of some shortcuts that will undoubtedly make their lives easier the most notable of which is the ability to instantly save any vehicle youre in for later use. Instead of sneaking into a military base, hijacking a tank, and racking up millions in property damage while you transport it back to your hideout; you can now hop in the drivers seat and upload the vehicle to your virtual garage, then download it later to wherever you happen to be on the map. Its a handy feature that will truly allow players to get the most out of their time in Steelport 2.0.

Music Anywhere

Similar to the ability to download cars, the fact that your character exists within a computer program means that the radio stations that play in your car doesnt have to stay in your car. It actually harkens back to a mechanic found in the original Saints Row, where you had an MP3 player that let the music keep playing after youd exited your vehicle. Youd be surprised at how satisfying it is to fight aliens, blow up police cars, and generally wreak havoc while listening to Haddaways "What is Love."

Collectibles Are Key

While entries in the series included collectible items, there is a much greater (and necessary) focus on it in Saints Row IV. Instead of finding stashes of drugs or laundered money in exchange for quick cash, collectibles now range from data clusters that will upgrade your superpowers to BioShock-esque audio logs that give you a deeper look into the universe that Volition has created within the game. With over 1,200 items to find, players can expect to spend as much time collecting items as they will killing aliens.

Cranking it to 11

Saints Row has always been synonymous with insanity. Whether it was using a septic truck to cover a city block in sewage in SR2 or participating in Professor Ghenkis Ethical Reality Climax in The Third, the ridiculous activities and side missions have become expected for any entry in the franchise and Saints Row IV doesnt disappoint. The optional activities found in SR4 take the fan favorites of previous titles (though sadly Septic Avenger hasnt appeared in the last two games) and cranks them up to 11. Mayhem, where players earn cash and experience for destroying as much of the surrounding area as possible, now puts you in the cockpit of UFOs, hover tanks and warrior mechs. Prof. Ghenki makes a return, only instead of navigating his torturous mazes you now use telekinesis to catapult cars, tanks, and innocent civilians through specific targets. The new variations on old game modes take what players loved about the original versions and, as has become tradition for the Saints Row series, makes them more ridiculous, more challenging, and most importantly, more fun. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 TAMKFan
Wow, look at the one Helena has. Those may not always be Japanese exclusive though. They still could arrive here as DLC. I still plan to get a DLC bikini costume pack for DOA5 sometime too.

Sounds nice. Hopefully, I'll get both that and GTA V this year.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717 mitu123

I hope so, because some things do stick in Japan only. I never understood that really, shouldn't we have the right to get it as well? That annoys me in a way.

I think both Saints Row IV and GTA V will be enough for our sandbox goodness this year. But what about platformers? Here's some that are coming out(and a few are already out) this year:

-The Cave (PC, PS3, 360, Wii U, Ouya)

-Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (PS3, Vita)

-Bit. trip presents Runner 2: Future of Rhythm Alien (PC, 360, PS3, Wii U, Vita)

-New Super Luigi U (Wii U)

-Rayman Legends (360, PS3, Wii U, Vita)

-Puppeteer (PS3)

-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U)

-Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

-Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS)

-Oddworld New n Tasty

-DuckTales Remastered (PC, 360, PS3, Wii U)

-Shovel Knight (PC, Wii U, 3DS)

Knack is considered to be a hybrid of beat em up/platforming so that's interesting to know.

I can't believing they're remaking Duck Tales, use to play the NES one. 

Wow, most of these games are coming out for the Wii U.O_o 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 TAMKFan
Speaking of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, I'm planning to play some Donkey Kong Country Returns again later. I'm also going to play some Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 mitu123

Going Commando is such an awesome game!

Do you plan to get the new Donkey Kong Country game?

Also, look at this, she has bigger boobs than any of the Dead or Alive women and I wonder how her back supports it at all, lol:

dragons-crown-sorceress-walking-animatio

Also, today this is gonna happen!

actual_1373294561.jpg

And last thing: PSN+ subscribers get Drive Club, Outlast, Daylight and Don't Starve as the 1st 4 free PS4 games. I should take advantage of that! I mean, playing a racing sim(Drive Club) without having to pay for the game does interest me knowing how I am about sim racers nowadays.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 TAMKFan
I've been playing Going Commando now.

Yeah, I plan to get it sometime. I'll probably have a Wii U by the time it comes out.

I'll have to watch that soon.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 mitu123

Link to watch it.

I'm loving many things from what I've seen, from activities, to the 3 person gameplay, to the stat system and more. It looks way better than I expected! I hope they add more to Grand Theft Auto Online as well. I seriously can't wait to take videos and pics of this game.

rcnexus1.jpg?resize=620%2C348

Time to get hyped!

It's coming to PS3 late this year for 30 bucks.

More info here, sounds like an updated A Crack In Time, and yeah Clank's gameplay from it will return. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 TAMKFan
I've seen the video now. Looks nice. But yeah, as I've said, I'll more likely get that on release day than Saints Row IV.

So, there's only three Ratchet & Clank games that I don't have now, which are Deadlocked, Secret Agent Clank and Full Frontal Assault. Those are also the only ones I've never played at all. And now, there will be Into the Nexus. And wow, only $30? Nice.

I've downloaded X-Men on PSN and I've been playing that some. Currently, I'm using Dazzler and will go through the game with the rest of the characters as well.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723 mitu123

How are you liking the X-Men game so far?

If GTA5's MP is better than GTA4's then I might do online more in the game. Though the BF4 beta comes a week after it.D=

I wonder when you'll get to those Ratchet and Clank games that you haven't played yet. And yeah the new one is 30 bucks.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724 TAMKFan
It's pretty good. I've beaten the game with Dazzler now and have even played online multiplayer a little bit.

I'll have to check out GTA V's multiplayer. I've tried the one on GTA IV a few times, but no one was online.

I'm not sure when.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 mitu123

It's pretty good. I've beaten the game with Dazzler now and have even played online multiplayer a little bit.

I'll have to check out GTA V's multiplayer. I've tried the one on GTA IV a few times, but no one was online.

I'm not sure when.TAMKFan
Wolverine was my 1st character for the game, then again I think he is for most people.

When did you last played GTA IV online? I played it back when it was released and found a lot of people to play with, doing the free roam and such.

I alos wonder when Insomniac will have their Ratchet and Clank game on PS4. I'm guessing 2015. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726 TAMKFan
Well, Wolverine is the most popular X-Men character, after all. He is the one I'm using on my 2nd playthrough of the game.

I think I only tried it online in 2011. I would have thought I would still see people online, even though it was three years after it's release.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 mitu123

Yeah Wolverine is so popular that he seems to be the star in every X-Men movie but First Class and heck now has 2 movies to himself.

Well I guess the community died out a bit earlier, I hope the same doesn't happen with GTA V, but with next gen consoles around the corner it would have an effect sooner or later.

GTA V is definitely a game I would take a lot of screens and record videos of.

Looks like I might get some games in August.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728 TAMKFan
Wolverine is not even my favorite X-Men character. I'm not quite sure who my favorite is though.

Or maybe it wasn't connecting me to those people of something. I couldn't imagine an online community for a GTA game dying only three years after the game's release. In fact, I did online races in Burnout Paradise last year and that game came out in 2008 as well.

I should do the same for GTA V.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729 mitu123

Wolverine is not even my favorite X-Men character. I'm not quite sure who my favorite is though.

Or maybe it wasn't connecting me to those people of something. I couldn't imagine an online community for a GTA game dying only three years after the game's release. In fact, I did online races in Burnout Paradise last year and that game came out in 2008 as well.

I should do the same for GTA V.TAMKFan
I also like Gamibt, Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Rogue, etc.

Well I'll say it's game dependent for the community. If people liked the multiplayer enough they would keep playing it, if not, it would die out. On your end it could had been a P2P connection problem. Note that people were still playing Halo 2's multiplayer even when Halo 3 was out due to loving it so much. That's another thing about certain games: They rely too much on communties and they become useless once they die down. It's why it's best to play as much as you can before no one plays them anything, or when the servers shut down. Things like that make me more of a single player guy.

I read Xbox One will have servers for every game. I think the PS4 will as well. That means it's easier to find people.

Heck I might even edit GTA V videos and add some things like other music and such. I'll probably end up with more than 50 pics before I'm done with the game, lol.

Noteldnep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#730 Noteldnep
Member since 2005 • 20170 Posts
Getting back into console gaming soon.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731 TAMKFan

[QUOTE="TAMKFan"]Wolverine is not even my favorite X-Men character. I'm not quite sure who my favorite is though.

I should do the same for GTA V.mitu123

I also like Gamibt, Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Rogue, etc.

Well I'll say it's game dependent for the community. If people liked the multiplayer enough they would keep playing it, if not, it would die out. On your end it could had been a P2P connection problem. Note that people were still playing Halo 2's multiplayer even when Halo 3 was out due to loving it so much. That's another thing about certain games: They rely too much on communties and they become useless once they die down. It's why it's best to play as much as you can before no one plays them anything, or when the servers shut down. Things like that make me more of a single player guy.

I read Xbox One will have servers for every game. I think the PS4 will as well. That means it's easier to find people.

Heck I might even edit GTA V videos and add some things like other music and such. I'll probably end up with more than 50 pics before I'm done with the game, lol.

They should make a new X-Men game like that and have something where you can buy new attacks and stuff.

Yeah, it really is too bad how online servers have to be shut down overtime. At least on the Wii, games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii can still be played online. Hopefully, the online servers for Brawl will stay around at least until the release of SSB4.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732 mitu123

I would love one like that.

Those Wii games will still have a community until those Wii U games are out as I can imagine them lasting due to their popularity. Hopefully the online will be awesome in SSB4 as well.

Getting back into console gaming soon.Noteldnep
So am I!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 TAMKFan
Yeah, I just played Brawl online about a month ago and I easily found people to play online with. Hard to believe that game has already been out for over five years now.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734 mitu123

That's pretty amazing for a console game!

In other news, if Bayonetta 2 is a success there would be a Bayonetta 3. Seeing how Bayonetta 2 is exclusive to Wii U, it'll require a lot of sales for the 3rd game to happen...

New GTA V details, and wow, dogs???

>Each character has a unique walking animation that suits their personality, including pedestrians.
>Euphoria engine improved, animations are much better and more fluid/dynamic.
>You will be able to puncture a gas tank, drive the car into a group of enemies, run away then set the trail on fire to blow up the car
>You can accessorize your dog with collars and leashes. Hundreds of accessories available.
>Your dogs can be lost or killed. Can buy a new one at the various pet stores around Los Santos.
>Wild animals can be hunted and meat can be sold to factories/farms. (Which are owned by Burger Shot.)
>Will feature over 15 species of animals, including sharks, deer, and more.
>You can leave your car parked next to a street meter. If you don't add money to the meter, the car can be towed and picked up at the impound lot.
>Deep water exploration missions will be available and is considered by Rockstar a seperate game.
>You can go for a drive together with friends. Rockstar demo included Trevor and Michael on jet skis

Also, looks like I'll be hunting animals in the game!

New Sonic Lost World trailer!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735 TAMKFan
I'll probably have fun hunting animals in the game too. I've never been this excited for a GTA game before.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 mitu123

I'll probably have fun hunting animals in the game too. I've never been this excited for a GTA game before.TAMKFan
I haven't felt this way for a GTA game since San Andreas, which funny enough I got for my birthday.

Oh and I forgot to ask you this:

Do you prefer 2D or 3D fighters? I'm into 2D a lot more. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737 TAMKFan
I prefer 3D fighting games, since there's Tekken, Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive. When it comes to 2D fighting games, my favorite series is Super Smash Bros..
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738 mitu123

I do enjoy those 3D fighter series, but with Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, SNK vs Capcom, King of Fighters, Blaz Blue, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros. and more I certainly put 2D along with 2.5D above them, I also like the controls and pacing better in 2D fighters as well.

And even though I enjoy Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive a lot only a few games in both series aren't that amazing though still good. Tekken from what I played is really good though I still prefer the other 2 overall for now. I also liked the 3D Mortal Kombat ones though I wasn't that big of a fan for 4.

I also tend to prefer playing as females more than males in fighters as well.

Today Soul Calibur II HD Online has been announced and will come this Fall on 360 and PS3! Wow, this is amazing news! Here's a trailer as well.

If you didn't know, both the PS4 and Xbox One will allow you to record videos of games you play built into both system, it's like a capture card but built into the system. However, there are many restrictions, and serious gamers would use capture cards a lot more as both systems are not made for Lets Plays and Wallkthroughs as well(due to short length of time to record gameplay) despite both only supporting HDMI, they are mainly made for short clips and not much more. If both systems let me use my capture card I would use it on them. They also have live streaming as well, PS4 has Ustream and X1 has Twitch. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 TAMKFan
I prefer playing as female characters in fighting games too. Most of the time, my mains consist of female characters.

Interesting. I wonder if they would ever do the same for SCIII, since SCI got that treatment and SCII is going to as well.

I didn't know that, actually. I wonder why they have those restrictions.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740 mitu123

I prefer playing as female characters in fighting games too. Most of the time, my mains consist of female characters.

Interesting. I wonder if they would ever do the same for SCIII, since SCI got that treatment and SCII is going to as well.

I didn't know that, actually. I wonder why they have those restrictions.TAMKFan
In terms of mains, for Street Fighter it's Chun Li for me, for Soul Calibur it's Taki for me, for King of Fighters it's Mai for me, for Dead or Alive it's Kasumi for me, for Killer Instinct it's Orchid for me, for Mortal Kombat it's Mileena for me, etc.

SCIII would finally be multiplat if that were to happen, though we don't know when it'll happen. Though a SC collection could work.

A built in capure card in a console can't do the same as a dedicated capture card due to resources in the consoles themselves so don't expect uncompressed raw footage and such.

For PS4, you can only record the latest 15 minutes of gameplay, so it'll be tricky to edit lets plays and walkthroughs. There's no way to stop recording because the system has built in recording for all the playing you do in the game so this can be frustrating if you don't want certain parts to be recorded. Videos will be compressed and then uploaded to either Facebook or Youtube so you would need an account for those. Screenshots can also be taken, though would sadly use standard JPGs. They are meant for short clips and such. Devs also have the ability to prevent spoilers from being shared by disabling the share button altogether, and this is bad for walkthroughs. Editing videos will be limited as well with the PS4 itself compared to what a capture card can do. This feature is still useful for clips but if you want full control you have to use a dedicated capture card for that. You can also livestream but only through Ustream.

Xbox One is similar to the PS4 but with some changes. It has Upload Studio which gives you a bit more editing tools for editing videos than the PS4(so far) but of course not full control. You can also livestream to Twitch as well which is a popular live streaming site that gives the Xbox One an advantage here. However there are no talks about taking screenshots sadly from what I read so far and upload sites haven't been specified but I bet Youtube is one of them. I also read it only works for supported games, so I hope all games would support it, would suck if not every game had the video recording feature.

Overall this is still a massive step up from consoles and make gaming seem more social than ever. But for serious gamers who want full control over their videos won't consider this to be the best solution. I also like to take screenshots of games and show them in screenshot threads so this matters to me a lot as well. This will be great for people but not the be all, end all to video game capturing, a capture card will always be the best for that. 

Also, new TMNT game, and it's 100% based on the 2012 show. Oddly enough it's on Xbox 360, Wii and 3DS, going by that, I will get the 360 version only, no need for the Wii version for me.

Here's gameplay video, and honestly, the TMNT game that comes out next month looks better to be, just hope the one based on the show is doing well. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741 TAMKFan
My main in Mortal Kombat happens to be Mileena's good counterpart, Kitana.

Well, it's still better than nothing. If they keep going this way, we could eventually be able to record full gameplay videos with the consoles.

Weird. No PS3 version? In that case, I'll just either go with the Wii or Xbox 360 version.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742 mitu123

My main in Mortal Kombat happens to be Mileena's good counterpart, Kitana.

Well, it's still better than nothing. If they keep going this way, we could eventually be able to record full gameplay videos with the consoles.

Weird. No PS3 version? In that case, I'll just either go with the Wii or Xbox 360 version.TAMKFan
Full gameplay videos? As in over an hour and such? Here's why that most likely won't happen:

Console resources: The built in capture card that are in consoles pretty much put strain on them due to being recorded from the console themselves, so with recording in HD resolutions like 720p and 1080p while recording longer than usual would put pressure on the console specs and that's one of the reasons they're limited in the 1st place. It's not like an external capture card that's pretty limitless, with built in capture card in the consoles there has to be size and time constraints and such.

It's why going with an external capture card is the best way to go. Here's what's on the wiki page for both consoles:

PS4:

Sharing

The DualShock 4 controller includes a SHARE button, allowing the player to cycle through the last 15 minutes of gameplay to select a screenshot or video clip appropriate for sharing. Media is uploaded seamlessly from the console to other PSN users or social networking sites such as Facebook and YouTube. 

Xbox One:

Recording and streaming

Xbox Live Gold subscribers will be able to use the Upload Studio app to edit and share clips from the last five minutes of gameplay footage that is automatically recorded by the console. Integration with the live streaming platform Twitch will also be provided; users will be able to use voice commands to immediately begin streaming footage of their current game directly to the service, and use the Kinect microphone for commentary and voiceovers. Despite the ability to record gameplay, the Xbox One will not include DVR functionality for recording television programs; executive Yusuf Mehdi indicated that the Xbox One would "work in tandem" with existing TV providers, but that Microsoft may need to work with them directly to provide extended functionality such as DVR integration.

Even better, here they are in action from youtube videos:

PS4

Xbox One 

So to get full gameplay videos, that would require multiple clips of videos put together(not all at once like it should be) if you can combine them, and thanks to consoles recording every second of gameplay, good luck with the editing, you'll be editing a lot more than usual. In reality they are made for short clips, and for obvious reasons as well, though like you said better than nothing, and is a step up for great use, it's just not the best solution.

TBH I care more about taking screenshots oddly enough. 

As for that new TMNT not be on PS3, those are rare cases with cartoon shows and such being on Microsoft and Nintendo systems. Honestly TMNT: Out of the Shadows looks better to me, in not just graphics but also gameplay. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 TAMKFan
Well, I meant on future consoles after those.

I've seen the trailer for that and honestly, I like how Out of the Shadows looks more too. I'm looking forward to both of them though.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744 mitu123

We'll be lucky to get 20-30 minutes off PS5 and Xbox Two(?).

Now today it's been revealed that the Xbox One has recording up to 5 minutes. Wow, that just screams short clips only. 

PS4 is now having some controversy as some sites like Digital Foundry, who tests games on consoles and does console hardware tests as well, have said the PS4 only does up to 7 minutes, while Sony says 15. We won't know until the PS4 is out, but 7 minutes sound more realistic though doing 15 minutes would be better. This Fall is going to be interesting.

With other games to get this Fall I'm not sure when I'll get the TMNT game based on the 2012 show, I mean look at other games I'm getting this Fall:

GTA V

Battlefield 4

Batman Arkham Origins

Watch Dogs

Killer Instinct

Killzone ShadowFall

Crimson Dragon 

Possibly Knack

Possibly Dead Rising 3

Possibly Ryse

Lets just say my wallet is going to hurt this Fall. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745 TAMKFan
I might end up getting the Special Edition of GTA V.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746 mitu123

Really? It costs 80 bucks.

I believe that I have never bought a special or collector's edition of a game, because of cost(80-150 bucks) and the fact that I don't care about the things that come with the special/collector's edition of a game, I just want the game so I usually take the cheapest route. 

I'll be doing the same with GTA V as well(as in just the 60 bucks game itself).

Here's the new DOA 5 Ultimate trailer and some pics. And I'm sorry about the resizing as the old layout doesn't have that option while the new layout does so you have to use the scroll bar or right click for full view, really, GS needs to allow us to use the new layout again for unions.

dead-or-alive-5-ultimnmj67.jpg

dead-or-alive-5-ultim7iket.jpg

dead-or-alive-5-ultimgejx1.jpg

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747 TAMKFan
There are rare cases that I get a Special Edition or Collector's Edition or whatever of a game.There's a few things the Special Edition offers that I'm interested in, such as the special ability boost and extra weapons But then again, maybe those things would be individually released as DLC, like other games have done before, so maybe I won't get the Special Edition after all. I'm still not 100% sure.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748 mitu123

Typically pre order items are like that, and are more worth it due to being the same price as a regular copy and earning something that would help in the game.

About other types of games that can be more popular, I'll say open world/sandbox games like GTA and Saints Row could be more popular than ever. Here are some reasons:

Console power-There has been a leap in power for next gen consoles and it should reduce the common problem seen in open world games like pop in and such.

Rendering-Open world/sandbox games always never render everything at once due to a waste of resources trying to render everything at once causing bad performance and such. They always do the render what "the camera can see" and "render just that area in general" trick that happens with every game. Now with the power of next gen consoles, they should be able to render more than what we saw in previous gens.

Dead Rising 3 is a great example of this as it's open world/sandbox, renders huge environments and hundreds of zombies on and off screen.

If they become more popular then that would be great from the usual FPS and RPGs as being the most popular genres of that gen. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#749 TAMKFan
GTA games were more popular last gen than they have been this gen. With GTA V, maybe the popularity of the series will go up again. Also, I plan on playing some GTA games soon, in anticipation for that game.

I seen the trailer for DOA5 Ultimate. Looking nice.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750 mitu123

GTA games were more popular last gen than they have been this gen. With GTA V, maybe the popularity of the series will go up again. Also, I plan on playing some GTA games soon, in anticipation for that game.

I seen the trailer for DOA5 Ultimate. Looking nice.
TAMKFan
Well, there were more GTA games last gen, definitely for main GTA games. GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas vs GTA 4 and upcoming GTA 5 at the end of the gen, yeah. Not to mention last gen was shorter so that increases popularity if more games came out.

I hear you need to beat one of those GTA games, Vice City Stories wasn't it?

Well there is going to be a free to play version of DOA5 Ultimate called DOA Core Fighters and it starts with 4 characters. You'll have the option to buy characters for 4 bucks each. If I remember correctly, you can own the original DOA5 and then buy the characters from Ultimate seperately.

I got more TMNT 2012 game news:

It's 4 player co-op drop in/drop out style

There's no online support, so you need friends next to you for co-op

It'll bridge the gap between Seasons 1 and 2 of the show(basically taking place after Season 1 and before 2)

It comes out on October 22nd, and wow I certainly can't get it with Batman Arkham City and Battlefield 4 around the same time

Oh and I just found out that TMNT Out of the Shadows comes out on September 24th for the PS3 version vs the 360 and PC versions coming out in August 28th. No offense but waiting almost a month sucks for PS3 owners, not to mention it comes out after GTA V. Gonna have to go PC version most likely for this one. 

Bad news: SSB4 won't have a story mode. That's a shame really as I enjoyed them in the previous games.Â