TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

User Lists: 0

#601 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I've already seen those. Nice trailers. I also would like to see some more gameplay videos with those characters in action.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#602 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I think Trevor will be the funniest. Heck I think it'll be the funniest GTA, as for most fun GTA we'll have to wait and see.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#603 TAMKFan
I bet it'll have even more replay value than the other GTA games.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#604 mitu123

Speaking of that, here's an interesting article about it.

It really does sound like it'll have the most replay value going by that. 

Just found this juicy GTA V, and wow:

"Features

• You can buy property; houses, garages and businesses can all be purchased for extra revenue sources.
  • You can customise yourself with haircuts, new clothes, and tattoos
  • Pay N Sprays can also mod cars with paint jobs, new wheels, window tints, grilles, spoilers. Upgrades to suspension, engine and brakes can also be made.
  • Weapons can also be customised with laser sights, scopes, silencers, and high capacity magazines
  • You can pick up hitchikers, do stunt jumps and flying challenges, take part in yoga, golf, tennis or bike races.
  • iFruit, the game's new phone, can be used to snap pictures and upload them to Rockstar's Social Club
  • The phone also has apps. In addition to the camera there is internet, contacts, social media, a calendar, and a replay missions app. There are three more Rockstar hasn't yet revealed.
  • A combat roll has been introduced for moving between cover

Skill Categories:

• Each character is rated in a series of skill categories: Stamina, Shooting, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Mechanic, Lung Capacity.
  • Each character has a 'Special': Franklin is an adrenalin junkie and can slow down time while driving; Trevor has a frenzy mode, where he does double damage, takes half damage, and has a unique melee attack; Michael has his own version of bullet time
  • Specials are governed by a meter, it drains after use and recharges slowly
  • Other skill categories are shared and can be improved by completing missions, side missions, activities and more
  • Trevor will always be the best pilot, Franklin will always be the best driver but each can improve their proficiency a little
  • One of the skill categories is stealth, suggesting players will be able to take different approaches to missions

General

• The character selection wheel is split into four triangles: Franklin, Trevor, Michael, and your multiplayer character
  • Some boats will include gear such as wetsuit, flippers and tanks for diving
  • An underwater ecosystem exits, "the sea is teaming with fish and sharks"
  • Treasures can be found underwater, but NPCs will be looking for them too
  • GTAV rewards exploration, there's no signposting underwater, so you'll have to find the treasure the hard way
  • Dives won't offer massive payoffs, but will "help grease the wheels"
  • Pressing Down on the d-pad will drop the play in and out of multiplayer.
  • There are subtle differences in the way each character moves to reflect their personalities; Michael is slower and deliberate.
  • Rockstar says there will be five times as many pedestrians in GTAV as there were in Grand Theft Auto IV
  • There's a "crazy level of detail": Tourist buses can be boarded for a tour of celebrity homes, film posters are plastered on the walls, men in comedy costumes try to corner you outside the Cathay Theatre, including the Superman-like Impotent Rage and Master Chief riff, Space Ranger.
  • Michael's obsession with classic films translates into in-game set pieces based on real world movies. In the demo the three characters mount a heist very similar to the one from Heat.
  • 'Mini heists' are used to teach the player about preparation. Players must secure vehicles, outfits, masks, the getaway vehicle.
  • These build up to a bigger heist where the execution must be flawless. They'll require the right crew and players will have to decide on the cheap option, which results in less skilled people, or paying more for skilled crew members that will take a larger cut.
  • You can switch between Franklin, Trevor and Michael during a cutscene, manually, or automatically when the AI takes control for you
  • Each character has a job to do, how much you switch yourself in or let the computer do, is entirely up to you
  • If you die the game reloads to the last checkpoint, even if two other characters are alive
  • Although it's up to the player when they switch, dialogue will suggest ideal moments. For example, when Michael and Franklin are being overwhelmed by snipers, Michael might ask for Trevor's help.
  • There is a wider field of vision, and players can run-and-gun
  • There are some restrictions to character switching, such as how you can't abandon a character while you have a Wanted Level. Lose the heat first! The character selection meter will let you know when you can swap out."

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605 TAMKFan
Wow, that's a lot and some of those make me more excited about the game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606 mitu123

True, and this will also make you excited!

3D Mario for Wii U launching by October?

Super Mario Galaxy 3? 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607 TAMKFan
That would be cool. As a fan of the Super Mario Galaxy games, I am hoping for a third one. I was actually going to play the 2nd one again soon.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608 mitu123
They really should go into detail about that because at this point it could be anything, heck even a 3D Super Mario Land.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609 TAMKFan
But they already had Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS. Did you mean a sequel to that game? Personallly, I would rather see a Super Mario Galaxy 3.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610 mitu123
Yeah that's what I meant. So why wouldn't you want a sequel to it?
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611 TAMKFan
It's not that I don't want a sequel to Super Mario 3D Land, but I would just rather have another sequel to Super Mario Galaxy.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612 mitu123
Wow, price cuts of Wii U already???
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613 TAMKFan
I wonder when the Wii U will get a price drop in the US though.

And speaking of Mario, I'm now playing Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console. I got the game from Club Nintendo. This is a game I haven't played in like over 10 years.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614 mitu123

Gonna be months from now.

I love Mario Kart 64, one of my fav Mario Kart games, been ages since I played that and I had friends to play it with.

Oh wow, the president has super powers in Saints Row 4!

inFamous Second Son info!!!

inFamous: Second Son was one of a number of PlayStation 4 titles unveiled during the consoles announcement event in February. Although Sony has already shown a debut trailer, details have been mostly kept under wraps until now.

The latest issue of Game Informer contains a blowout of inFamous: Second Son through a 10-page cover story. Weve rounded up some information from the magazine below, but you can find even more content including screenshots in the publications June 2013 release.

- Conduits now referred to as bioterrorists
- New area of government keeps track of the conduits: Department of Unified Protection
- Condits have been identified, holding them without trial in containment facilities
- Department of Unified Protection shows its power during an operation that doesnt go as planned in Seattle
- Transport vehicle crashes and the conduits escape
- DUP sets up roadblocks and wont let anyone enter/leave
- Condits have been identified, holding them without trial in containment facilities
- Department of Unified Protection shows its power during an operation that doesnt go as planned in Seattle
- Transport vehicle crashes and the conduits escape
- DUP sets up roadblocks and wont let anyone enter/leave
- Lots of security systems are sent out and Seattle is turned into something reminisint of an airport
- There are elevated walkways with search-lights and security cameras as well as checkpoints and scanners
- Game has parallels to post-9/11 America setting
- Security vs. freedom theme
- DUP is like the TSA

DUP guards

- DUP guards feature behavior similar to that of SWAT teams/trained military police
- Others have a seemingly supernatural ability to shield themselves and move around quickly
- Sucker Punch wont elaborate on this further

Protagonist

- Stars 24-year-old Native American Delsin Rowe
- Delsin is the artistic type with a chip on his soldier
- Fan of anti-authoritarian street art
- Likes tagging buildings with his own art
- Very much an average guy until the conduit-transport vehicle crashes
- Delsin tries to help those in the wreck, and learns that hes been a conduit all along with dragging an injured conduit from the area
- Soon realizes that he can control smoke
- Natural power lets him absorb other conduits power
- Can use more than smoke power
- Delsin is excited about his power unlike Cole

Gameplay

- Delsin can take down different forward-operating bases run by the DUP around Seattle
- Can get through these areas with force, but eliminating security systems is more effective
- Smoke projectile at Delsins disposal
- Also can perform a smoke-dash maneuver somewhat like Nightcrawler
- Air ducts found all across Seattle
- Can use the ducts to get around or climb like Cole
- Another technique lets Delsin throw smoking fireballs
- When Delsin descends, he can perform a move like Coles thunder drop
- Forests act as the edge of the game world
- Another move: smoke cloud; immobilize enemies
- Can restock on smoke from chimneys, destroyed cars, and even tear gas canister
- Can also use Delsins chain as an alternative weapon
- Absorb smoke by pressing both thumbs down on the touchpad
- Touchpad can also be used to free conduits in cells
- Team wants to simply the controls; inFamous 2 actions required multiple button presses
- One moment of the demo lets players make a decision about killing a DUP officer or not
- Can switch between entire sets of power that complement each other

General

- Sucker Punch recreated the citys feel instead of specific road layout

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615 TAMKFan
Now I have all the Mario Kart games, except Super Circuit. I have noticed that most tracks from that game are also included in newer Mario Kart games.

I might end up pre-ordering both GTA V and Saints Row IV.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616 mitu123

Ah ok, hope you do.

Well, it looks like DOA5 Ultimate has been announced!

"A few more details about Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate slipped online. The upgraded version adds Momiji from the Ninja Gaiden series as a playable character and a new ninja themed stage called Sky City Tokyo.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate also includes content that was added to the PlayStation Vita port, Dead or Alive 5 Plus. Dead or Alive 5 Plus has more detailed information about the moves, music customization options, and a touch fight mode.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is slated for release this fall on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617 TAMKFan
I've heard about this already. I wonder if it'll also be released as a DLC add-on. They really should do that, as it would be cheaper for those who already own DOA5.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618 mitu123

I would hope so, but here's a trailer:

This could easily be DLC instead of a whole new game. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619 TAMKFan
Maybe it'll be given both a DLC release and a retail release, with the DLC release being cheaper. Also, I hope it includes more bikini costumes and another characters or two.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620 mitu123

Is it me or is this becoming more common with fighting games to release updates as full games within a year? We know Street Fighter does it, but Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Blaz Bue, Virtua Fighter and now Dead or Alive are doing it. At this rate, might as well wait another year to buy the game!

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the worst though, we get the complete one less than a year, so if you want new characters, modes and updates, throw out the original copy as well!

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621 TAMKFan
Yeah, I've noticed that too. But with Marvel vs. Capcom 3, I've only bought the Ultimate one. You see, I've wanted to get the game, but then the updated version was announced, so I just waited for that to come out. At least with MK9, everything from the updated version came out as DLC first.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622 mitu123

Yeah those are rare exceptions thankfully.

If you didn't know, there was a Double Dragon game that came out last month, but only for 360. It's called Double Dragon II: Wander of the Dragons, and wow, the critics hated the game, it has a 18 on metacritic. It's a 3D remake of Double Dragon II but in the worst possible way. I played the demo and I didn't like it. 3 years of development and this is the best they could come up with? There's so much fail in it:

Graphics are bad and some of the worst this gen

The music is basically an awful remix of awesome tunes from the original game

The difficulty is all over the place.

The controls are delayed.

The framerate is really bad as it seems to be at a constant 20 some frames per second, and that's not even close to being good and for a game that doesn't render much it makes no sense. 

It's so cheap as enemies corner you to death.

Enemy a.i. is inconsistent, sometimes they run away from you for no reason, other times they just stand there and ignore you.

You have a stamina meter and to me it ruins the whole game. Everything but punching takes stamina. Getting hit makes you lose stamina. Hitting an enemy while blocking makes you lose stamina. Blocking makes you lose stamina. And since you're left open once you get hit, you lose stamina before you can even attack again as you have to regain it.

You can't throw your enemies. This has to be a joke, every other Double Dragon game had this.

No online co-op, just local.

Combat system is nowhere near as good as Double Dragon Neon. 

The demo didn't leave me impressed at all. A shame really as Double Dragon Neon bought this series back to life. Lets hope they don't end the series with this horrible mess. At this rate I'm not sure if I want to buy it despite playing every Double Dragon game to date. Giving a crappy dev to remake an awesome game in the worst way possible is not wise at all. They should remake Double Dragon 3 but be more like Neon instead of this.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623 TAMKFan
I've heard about the game. I guess I'll just try the demo for curiosity sake

I've played some Mario Kart 7 recently. I like playing as Rosalina. Who do you like to use from the Mario Kart games?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624 mitu123

I like using Yoshi in those games.=3

But when you try that 360 exclusive(for some reason), you should try it on all difficulties(yes, you can do hard as well) and see how it is.

I tried easy, normal and hard and easy is more playable than the latter 2. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#625 TAMKFan
Oh yeah, I forgot it was exclusive to the Xbox 360. I have yet to play that console again since getting home.

So, haven't you mentioned that you own the PS3 version of the first No More Heroes game? I should get that sometime. I have the 2nd one on the Wii.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626 mitu123

Oh yeah, I forgot it was exclusive to the Xbox 360. I have yet to play that console again since getting home.

So, haven't you mentioned that you own the PS3 version of the first No More Heroes game? I should get that sometime. I have the 2nd one on the Wii.TAMKFan
Yes I do own the PS3 version of that game and it's a good game!

But I have no idea why they made Double Dragon II remake a 360 exclusive. 

Looks like I'll be getting more games soon. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627 TAMKFan
Have you ever played the second one though?

I'm not sure if I'll be getting any games this month.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628 mitu123

Nope.

This month alone I got Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry3: Blood Dragon and Metro Last Light. I seem to be in this single player FPS craze probably due to the fact I'm tired of multiplayer now.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629 TAMKFan
I've never played any games in those series, which shouldn't come as a surprise. And now that I think about it, the last game I've gotten was Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One back in March.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630 mitu123

Batman Arkham Origin trailer and info:

GAME INFO:
-Batman: Arkham Origins is a prequel story set during Batman's Second Year of crime-fighting. The story takes place on Christmas Eve night.

-Game developers have said that Batman is experienced but he's not the veteran crime-fighter from the first two games in the Batman: Arkham series. With the story taking place early in his career the Gotham City Police Department aren't quite sure what to make of Batman. And up till Christmas Eve, the Caped Crusader has only faced normal thugs and criminals. That all changes when Deathsroke the Terminator comes to town leading a band of mercenaries that have all been hired to kill the Batman.

-The game will include a fast travel system where Batman can summon his plane, the Batwing, to transport him to other areas of the game world quicker than gliding or grappling can allow.

-RockSteady makers of the first two video games in the Batman: Arkham series did not return for the prequel. WB Games Montréal took over developer duties but used the same modified gaming engine that their predecessor used.

- Paul Dini of Batman: The Animated Series fame also did not return as writer. The story is written by Dooma Wendschuch and Corey May who had input from Geoff Johns.

-There are unconfirmed rumors of multiplayer at this time.

- The soundtrack for the game was inspired by the 1988 action film Die Hard which also had a Christmas theme.

-Batman: Arkham Origins will be released October 25, 2013.

It's about time we see Deathstroke in action in a Batman game. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631 TAMKFan
I see. Interesting.

Speaking of Batman, I still need to play Injustice: Gods Among Us. And I wonder when MK10 will be announced. 
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632 mitu123
Aren't you getting that when a price drop comes? Also, Sonic Lost Worlds is heading to the Wii U and 3DS and Super Luigi U is coming for Wii U next month!
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633 TAMKFan
Yes, that's what I plan to do.

That's the first I heard about both of those games, honestly. After checking Wikipedia though, it looks like Super Luigi U is a DLC expansion of New Super Mario Bros. U. Those games and Sonic: Lost Worlds are probably going to be the first three games I get when I get a Wii U.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#634 mitu123

You should get one for you birthday!:o

But I'm guessing you're getting it around Christmas time I think. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635 TAMKFan
I'll probably get one before Christmas. Maybe around my Birthday.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#636 mitu123

It would be a nice present for U, get it?:P

But yeah. Also, finally Luigi gets another game to himself, about time really. Now Yoshi should get another platformer to himself.

If this is true then oh snap!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/18807/1/wii-u-3d-mario-smash-bros-mario-kart-to-be-revealed-in-nintendo-direct-before-e3.html 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#637 TAMKFan
Yeah, I want to see another platformer where you cna play as standalone Yoshi, rather than having someone riding on him. And hopefully, that'll turn out to be true.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638 mitu123

He needs another one again anyways, come on Nintendo!

Full trailer of Batman AO:

The end reveals that you get to play as Deathstroke if you preorder the game.

Also, PS4 hardware teaser trailer!!!

Time to get excited. Tomorrow Microsoft will unveil the next Xbox! I would laugh if it ends up being more powerful than the PS4.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639 TAMKFan
Interesting. June 10th will also be when I got my PS3 exactly four years ago.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640 mitu123

June 1st will be 4 for me!

Also, Xbox one? Really now? Wow at the name, all because it's "all in one". Xbox One seems to support Skype as well! 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641 TAMKFan
Oh, so I only got my PS3 10 days after you did then.

Yeah, I agree. Imagine in the future when the original Xbox and Xbox One are old collectable consoles. It could be confusing to people. By calling it Xbox One, that would imply that it's the first one, which it's not.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642 mitu123

They called it Xbox One because it's "all in one" for entertainment. Simply call the 1st Xbox "Xbox" and the 3rd one "Xbox One" and that ends the confusion.

Sonic and Bayonetta are rumored in SSB4.

Ein and Jacky Bryant will be in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition will come to PC, about time really. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643 TAMKFan
It still could be confusiong. They should have just called it Xbox 720.

I hope they are in. Bayonetta would be great for the game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644 mitu123
There's talk of a new Need for Speed game, would you get it?
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645 TAMKFan
Probably not anytime soon. The last NFS game I've bought was the Hot Pursuit reboot in 2010, while it was on sale.

Also, you forgot to mention that Momiji and Leon are also confirmed for DOA5 Ultimate.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646 mitu123

Probably not anytime soon. The last NFS game I've bought was the Hot Pursuit reboot in 2010, while it was on sale.

Also, you forgot to mention that Momiji and Leon are also confirmed for DOA5 Ultimate.TAMKFan
I didn't forget Momiji at all, remember that the 1st DOA5 Ultimate vid I showed you had her in it obviously confirming she's in the game.

As for NFS, I've played games of it in the 90s and early 00s but stopped playing them after Underground 2. Don't know when I'll play another one again. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647 TAMKFan
Oh yeah.

Lost interested in the series or something? Here's a fun fact about NFS, it's the 10th best-selling game franchise and is the best-selling racing game franchise. There's a list of those on Wikipedia.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#648 mitu123

It's either lost interest in the series or never planned on playing the rest to begin with. I tend to do that with sports franchises.

NFS would need to interest me again regardless.

At this rate I'm probably looking to get a PS4 1st out of the big 3. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#649 TAMKFan
Oh, I see.

The PS4 should be my second, after the Wii U. And I heard that the Wii U has been selling better ever since the announcement of the Xbox One.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650 mitu123
Of course, after hearing what the Xbox One has, it's time to go for the most likely cheaper console with less of it's crap in the long run. I may get Wii U in 2014 or 2015, I'm in no rush to get it.