TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

User Lists: 0

#801 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts
I have just started a new file on Vice City.

I'll be getting the PS3 version.

I will probably at least be getting the PS4 earlier than I did with the PS3.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#802 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

How early for the PS4?

I think one of the reasons I got it on 360 because I played on my PC and PS3 more than it for a while now. Not to mention GTA IV and RDR were better on 360 than PS3 due to looking and running better. Add to the fact that I have a bigger hard drive for it and it makes sense.

Also, I got Saints Row IV today, and it really does play like Saints Row 3, but you fight aliens, and I took pics of them:

LL
LL

The gangs are replaced by aliens! I just got my superpowers now. But the game is even wackier than previous Saints Row games, it's like they parody TV shows and make fun of a lot of things.

Here's what my character looks like:

jZI4AVLwDJuMX.png

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#803 TAMKFan
I'm not really sure yet.

I'll have to check Saints Row IV out sometime. I don't really like the idea of aliens replacing gangs though.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#804 mitu123

Yeah they did it because aliens took over the earth and it seems all gangs are wiped out.

But the super powers are cool, being able to run way too fast, jump way too high, shoot ice, fire and use mind control add more to the game. But I think it's best to pick it up cheaper, I believe you got Saints Row The Third much cheaper as well. I actually did for less than 30 bucks several months later.

For the most part you don't even have to use guns.

I'm going to try to beat it before GTA V. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805 TAMKFan
Well, that does sound pretty cool. The main reason I'm waiting to get it cheaper is just because I have other games to get and stuff later this year. And yeah, I got that for around $25 from Amazon, which happened to be the Full Package edition as well.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#806 mitu123

I only use guns for distant fights, and even then that doesn't happpen much. For the most part I just run up to my enemies and simply do executions on them like this for example:

LL

Basically picking up and throwing enemies, or smashing them, or even beating them down as well.

Funny enough I unlocked unlimited sprint, yes, you can sprint forever so you'll outrun any vehicle as well. When you touch vehicles, they get knocked away or even blow up. You can runover people just by sprinting at them.

You can jump on water(walk on in with an upgrade) as well and fall from high heights without taking any damage. 

And funny enough you're the President of the US. 

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807 TAMKFan
You could also do execution moves as you run up to people in Saint's Row: The Third.

It makes me wonder what would happen in the next Saints Row game. Maybe they would return to gangs instead aliens or what?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808 mitu123

Also, about what you said about getting a PS4: How many games would interest you before you buy one? Because I found 5+ for both PS4 and X1 already.

Yes, I know, I did that quite a bit in SR3, but in SR4 I do it almost all the time thanks to these superpowers.

Speaking of superpowers, I'm unlocking new ones now, and they're getting more insane, like I can stomp the ground to make enemies fly and even surround myself in fire to burn enemies I touch and heck even allow fire to be on bullets of any guns I have. They're getting insane now, lol. Here's what they look like:

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

LL 

Also the more I played it, the more it connects to the 1st 3 SRs with characters, events and such, and IMO it does an amazing job at it. Yeah I have played even the 1st Saints Row on 360 as one of my earliest 360 games, I believed it was the 4th 360 game I had. So to have all this connections was pretty awesome and you're in for a treat when it comes to Saints Row The Third as well.

Well I'm not even sure when the next Saints Row will come out. They have to go back to gangs, or heck they could allow a new enemy force to fight. Lets just say after SR4 I wouldn't be surprised if superpowers were the standard. Either way SR4 is definitely worth checking out.

Found some new GTA V news:

Plot

- 6 main heists;

- Mission(-s), in which you will need to use torture to extract information;

- There will not be complete, all-sufficient missions under water, but many heists will be connected to it. You can use the underwater world for escaping from arrest.

- Police can swim.

Heists

- More than 20+ types of masks for the heists;

- If the police will see you in masks with guns, they'll arrest you. When you take off the mask, you're no longer recognized by police or pedestrians.
For example, if you wear a mask, pedestrians will start to panic, to be afraid, to call the police, and even take pictures with their cameras.
When you take off your mask, they'll continue to panic, but they no longer recognize you.

- Some of the heists are so difficult that you have to seek help from mercenaries. Some of the mercenaries are: goon, sniper, hacker, pickpocket.

Activities

- Secondary activities: golf, shooting, triathlon, jumps with parachute, ROPEJUMPING(new), tennis, hunting, underwater hunting , hunting for criminals, armwrestling, yoga.

- You can improve your skills in yoga and at some point you can even have a class where you'll teach other people.

- You can pay 2$ and take a tour of the richest places of this mysterious city.

- You can buy a prostitute on the road.

- You can order a lap dance at a strip club.

- You can go into the woods on a trailer, taking the necessary camouflage and weapons and check your hunting skills. But remember that you're not alone. There are robbers, murderers, drug addicts who'll bring you problems.

Wild World

- Very huge amount of animals.

- In the wild: deer, rabbits, squirrels, mountain goats.

- In the countryside - animals of rural type.

- You'll not be able to defeat bear and lynx barehanded.

- Pumas, coyotes, wolves, turtles.

- Working ecosystem. Animals prey on each other. Animals not only on the ground, but in the sky and under water as well.

- When you jump with a parachute, you can see flocks of birds.

- Sharks get in packs.

- You'll not be able to defeat a shark with a knife only. You'll not be able to shoot under water using ordinary assault rifle.

- Sharks attack not only you, but other people as well.

- In the underwater world you can find sunken ships, planes, containers, cars, sunken oil rigs and even 12-storey plant.

- You can't go fishing in GTA V. Only pedestrians can.

- Rats in the dirty parts of the city.

- Dog customization.

Weapon Customization

-Sniper, collimator sight, additional handles, flashlights, laser pointer, silencer, extended magazine, changing of colors

Car Customization

- More than 200+ vehicles. Including, four-engine bombers, bikes, sportcars, trailers, tank.

- More than 1000+ customization options.

Character customization:

- More than 30+ types of clothes.
- Accessories: watches, chains, bracelets.
- Tatoos.
- More than 15+ hairstyles.

And more

LINK:
http://take2games.ru/2013/08/prevyu-ambicioznaya-zhizn/

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809 TAMKFan
I don't know any games I really want for it yet. I know where to look if I need to. But I just haven't bothered checking yet.

That sounds pretty nice.

It looks like I'll avoid going in the water is much as possible. I rarely go in the water in GTA games anyway. Hopefully, those animals won't get too in the way in the wild and countryside.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810 mitu123

Bosses of TMNT: Out of the Shadows video

Those are some nice choices! 

Now I've beaten Saints Row 4, and honestly, it's definitely better to wait for a price drop. There's 21 main missions and 28 side quests. I beaten the main missions around 9 hours but did a few side quests so it should take less. Also, going by the end, it looks like the next game will have you traveling in space and may explore other planets. I won't give the ending away, but lets just say that the aliens won't be gone in the next game. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the next game is a sci fi sandbox game.

I hope they add more variety to the aliens in the next one because you mainly fight a few types of them throughout the whole game. It's lacking compared to the variety of gangs in previous games.

Also, this is one of the most awesome things in the game:

jbffqKzxytmhjS.png

You play the game as a beat em up in one mission referencing 80s-90s beat em ups, wow, just wow.

I'm not a fan of swimming in games so hopefully we don't have to swim a lot.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811 TAMKFan
The Baxter Stockman battle looks interesting. I was hoping to see Dogpound and Fishface as bosses as well.

Do you regret buying the game at full price then? And wow, only 21 missions? Saints Row: The Third had over double that at 47 missions.

You know, I kind of suspected that may happen in the next game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812 mitu123

The Baxter Stockman battle looks interesting. I was hoping to see Dogpound and Fishface as bosses as well.

Do you regret buying the game at full price then? And wow, only 21 missions? Saints Row: The Third had over double that at 47 missions.

You know, I kind of suspected that may happen in the next game.TAMKFan
They might make it as bosses or even minibosses.

It was 50 bucks, but should had waited to be 30 at least, so yeah. Though the side quests should hold me until GTA V.

It's true, just 21 main missions, there's walkthroughs and the fact I beaten it that quick. It is the shortest Saints Row game to date. Every other Saints Row game is 10+ hours just for the main missions. And yeah Saints Row The Third is quite long compared to this.

At this point it might as well be a new IP. Gangs didn't even seem as important in this game as past games. In past games I relied on them when things got tough, but now with superpowers, who needs them?:P And they are overpowered once you upgrade them. Not to mention you fight gangs in 2 missions and they're the same ones from previous games and aren't "real" as they're part of a simulation. There are no new gangs in this game.:(

Also people need to stop comparing it to GTA.

Sonic Lost World - 22 minutes direct gameplay footage (Gamescom / 60FPS)

This game is looking more sweet.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813 TAMKFan
Well, at least the game will be getting DLC. Maybe they'll end up releasing a Full Package edition like they did with Saint's Row: The Third.

I can't wait for Sonic Lost World. I should get that one on release day or close to it.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814 mitu123

It'll get DLC, but I doubt it'll be as much as Saints Row The Third, that game had a ton of DLC, the most for a sandbox game I believe. GTA V coud change that since Rockstar said they will support the game for a while.

Coming this Thursday is a new GTA V trailer. However this is a leaked trailer, hope it doesn't get taken down.

This site has the countdown to the PS4. 79 days until it's in my house!

You know, I don't get why some people tend to abandon the previous gen for the next gen. I bet there's still a lot of games for them to play on previous gen, next gen takes some time for games to normally come out, older Sony systems still always get supported, etc. I still kept my older consoles even when I got my 360, then Wii and PS3 a few more years later. I was still playing games on older systems. In fact I don't even mind playing some Sonic 2 or Streets of Rage 2 here and there. They even go as far as selling the older consoles to pay for the newer one which I don't actually approve.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#815 TAMKFan
Yeah, I keep my older consoles too. I do go back to older games sometimes.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#816 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I am so going to get a Vita when i get my money, i am so ready for it!
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#817 mitu123
Yeah, I keep my older consoles too. I do go back to older games sometimes.TAMKFan
Now that's a great thing.
I am so going to get a Vita when i get my money, i am so ready for it!The_Last_Ride
Hope you get it.=3
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#818 mitu123

Oh man, so much gaming news, where do I begin?

Oh yeah, well, Tekken 7 is said to be in development in arcades, it's not known when it'll be out on Xbox One and PS4.

Wii U gets a price cut on deluxe but a discontinued basic model in the process and the Nintendo 2DS is announced for 130 bucks. Now I believe Nintendo was really hurting so they needed it. It seems the basic edition sold rather poorly and that's why it won't be in stores anymore so the only way to get it is through online once the price drops. We didn't know Nintendo would do this so early.

Then again with next gen consoles coming, they would need it, definitely against the PS4 which is looking to be a juggernaut. As for which Wii U model I'm getting, we'll see much later on. And I'm not getting a Nintendo 2DS anytime soon.

Official trailer of GTA V Game can't come soon enough.

DOA5 Ultimate will have 231 costumes to unlock. However, due to the changes, DOA5 Ultimate players won't be able to face DOA5 players.

"However, neither version of Ultimate is compatible for online tussles against players using the original Dead or Alive 5, or Dead or Alive 5 Plus on Vita."

I played TMNT: Out of the Shadows, and all I can say is that you will probably love this game. This game is basically a realistic looking verison of the TMNT 2012 show, from characters to humor, and oh wow the combat system, it might be one of the best ones of the gen. Mikey sometimes seems useless as he'll dance during a fight which of course isn't ideal. But being able to switch between the turtles at anytime, mixing their attacks together and being able to upgrade them is quite a treat. There seems to be a challenge mode as well. As fror what the combat is like, imagine Batman Arkham series with extra moves.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819 TAMKFan
This is the first time I heard about Tekken 7 being developed

I heard about the price drop for the Wii U already. It will have happened just a little over a month I got mine. If only that could have happened a month sooner. As for the 2DS (which I also heard about already), I have no intention to get that since I already have a 3DS.

Some of the previous DLC costumes from the original DOA5 will also be available for free in the game, which is nice. None of the bikini packs though, so I still plan to get one of those.

I can't wait for the PS3 version to come out. That's the one I'll get, just like most multi-platform games from this gen, mainly the controller and trophies.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820 mitu123

Well now we know it's being developed, well it is a popular series still so I would be surprised if they didn't make another one. I wonder about the customization in it.

Well, you got a good deal on your Wii U didn't you?

As for the PS3 controller, those triggers are what I'm not a huge fan of, though I love everything else about it. PS4 controller looks to be an improvement in that area even from those who tested out the controller. As for trophies, I never cared about them at all.

So it turns out that in Soul Calibur 2 HD Online will feature Heihachi And Spawn in both PS3 and 360 versions. Kinda wish this game was on Wii U so we could get Link, he was one of my favs as I had the Gamecube version of that game.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821 TAMKFan
Tekken X Street Fighter is still in the works as well and has been for quite a while now. I wonder if it'll even come out before Tekken 7 at this point.

Yeah, I did, considering NSMBU does still cost $60 in the Walmart here.

I rarely get more than one version of the same game (I have the PS2 version of SCII). While this will have online play, I already have SCIV and SCV for that.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822 mitu123

Not too long until GTA V is out!

Yeah I wonder what Tekken 7 would be like.

It turns out that the arcade version of DOA5 Ultimate has a new character. We don't know when this new character will be in the console versions though.

Looks like Mega Man Creator Announces Mighty No. 9. It looks to be the next Mega Man game in 2015, at least in a spiritual way. While it'll be on PC, there are talks about 360, PS3 and Wii U versions.

It turns out that there are 10 games to play on PSN at launch for PS4, and Drive Club is actually an arcadey racer so I should try it for free.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823 TAMKFan
I've heard about Mighty No. 9 and the game looks pretty nice. I still would like to see the actual Mega Man back. If only Keiji Inafune could get back with Capcom, so that they wouldn't neglect the Mega Man franchise so much.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824 mitu123

True, but Capcom seems to treat Mega Man very odd for some reason.

It's the closest we'll get to a new Mega Man game in the future.

GTA V to take 100 hours to do everything.

While I'm not going to do everything, that's still a lot of time, I guess the campaign will last at least 30 hours. It's also 10 days left for that game to come out.

IGN Q&A of GTA V:

How did the game perform technically?
--- Lots of detail, occasionally pop-up, you don't notice it.

Does it run smoothy on PS3/360?
--- Ran smoothly on 360 debug unit and PS3, no issues, no noticeable difference.

Are those graphics really on current gen machines?
--- Yes.

Will there be a demo before release?
--- No. No chance.

Have the game mechanics from Midnight Club, Red Dead and Max Payne been used effectively to make GTA V the best in all areas?
--- Not the best, but improved in all areas. The shooting, and cover are similar to
Max Payne. The driving feels tighter.

Can you play the campaign in co-op?
--- No. Single player only. The world carries over into multiplayer with co-op in mind.

Are stealth kills back?
--- Don't know, but stealth will play a bigger part- examples being silencers for guns.

Will we get bugged constantly via phone if we don't do missions?
--- Wasn't a problem during their playtime.

Why didn't you tell us what's underwater?
--- Didn't see it during hands-on. We know it's there, it will play a big part.

Would it be possible for me and friends to get into submarines and have a game of battleships?
--- The know submarines are in, haven't seen any battleships

How many hours of story?
--- We don't know, hard to judge with so much other stuff to do.

Have you seen the map, how big is it?
--- Yes we have, it's vast. The whole map is open from the start, there is a "cloud of war" type system that hids parts of the map. Some parts will be hard to get into, like military bases.

Can I base jump from the start of the game or do I have to earn/find a parachute first?
--- You have to equip a parachute to basejump. Mount Chillad is massive.

Any dogs online?
--- Dogs will be in GTA online.

Are there still vigilante cop missions?
--- We don't know, Rockstar isn't saying. Hidden packages are not back. There are hidden missions you can get from paying attention to the radio that you can investigate and complete.

What are some of the weapons?
--- pistols, automatic pistols, SMG, ARs, baseball bats, golf clubs, knives, miniguns, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, and more. You can hold every weapon at the same (including weapons of the same type), and you can customize most of the weapons.

Do cars need filling up with gas?
--- No.

Are custom soundtracks in the game.
--- Can't confirm yes or no. Hell of a a lot of licensed music.

Is there a Kavinsky radio station?
--- Not confirmed. Radio station selection works like the weapon wheel.

I know you can switch the engine on and off, but can the switch off headlamps entirely?
--- Yes you can switch off headlamps. Hold down right on d-pad, same button to open/close roof.

What military vehicles did you see? An Apache? A jump-jet? Or even a tank?
--- Haven't seen the Apache, did see light military helicopter. In trailers we've seen jets and tanks.

How many cars or in the game?
--- More cars then any other GTA game, customizable.

Controlling Niko sometimes felt like controlling a tank. Have the controls been tightened up?
--- Definitely. Best comparisons are Red Dead and Max Payne. The movements are fluid and each character moves differently.

How long would it take to ride from one end of the map to the other on a push bike?
--- No idea.

Do the characters feel unique or is it just simply a new skin between the 3?
--- Yes. They feel different, from the way they move, to their places they live and the people they interact with.

Any old characters returning?
--- Don't think so.

Is the main story one story featuring the 3 characters, or three different stories interwoven? Also, how complex is the character switching in mission?
--- Character switching is easy, uses d-pad and stick. Happens almost instantly if they are close. It's one storyyou see through 3 different protagonists.

How much customization can you do to the characters?
--- the campaign characters you can change clothing, the online characters you can change hair, tattoos, etc. Don't think you'll be able to give Micheal an afro.

Who do you meet first- Michael, Franklin or Trevor?
--- We don't know, we were just dropped into the world, Trevor you don't meet until a little later.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#825 TAMKFan
The fact that you can hold weapons of the same type at the same time is pretty cool. I also like hearing how the movement is more fluid in the game. The gameplay in GTA IV was a bit too slow.

I'm playing Saint's Row IV now. I don't own it though. Wow, it sure feels a lot like games like Infamous and Prototype.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826 mitu123

Yeah Saints Row IV sure is different isn't it?

They also confirmed checkpoints in GTA V, which is good because GTA IV lacked them. Also, here's the map:

gta-5-map.jpg?w=650&h=866&crop=1#038;h=1

This game is going to be huge! So much to explore and so many pics for me to take!

Less than a week away as well.

Ok, they announced Soul Calibur: Lost Swords is a PS3 exclusive and it's free to play:

sc-lost-swords-ps3-anb8k8c.jpg

Oh crap, it's single player only:

"Single-player only? Yes, it seems odd cutting the multiplayer out of a fighting game... We expect the majority of the solo-play action will be based on one of the classic Weapon Master or Chronicles of the Sword modes from previous incarnations."

Um, that's not going to end well for SC fans...

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#827 TAMKFan
Yeah, the checkpoints were introduced in TBoGT. I'm glad to see they are bringing them back. It's useful for some of those harder missions. From that map, it looks like there's a lot more country in the game than city.

Either way, I'll check it out. I don't really mind those modes.

I have rented Mario Party 9 recently and have been playing that.