smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
It seems that EVERYONE loves this game, but for what reason? It's just ANOTHER Final Fantasy. My theory, and another persons too, is that FF7 was MOST peoples first FF game, so they like it most. But I seriously think the hype is all just about another game, nothing special.
eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
Well it definitely isn't overrated in this board. IDK why I loved the game, it's great and it gets what it deserves. I just think the others are underrated.
angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts
It wasnt my first FF ...I played it after VIII and IX. It was a great game. .... but I still dont beleive the best. Anyway Im sure it would have been different if I would have played it before
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MASTERBLADEX
Member since 2008 • 1286 Posts
NO WAY!!!! ff7 is ratted just fine it deserves it's praise it is one of the greatest final fantasy games ever.i say if your into rpg's and if you never played ff7 then shame on you,because that game is a must play.
liquid_s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 liquid_s
Member since 2005 • 7159 Posts

Well what I think it is, as you said, it was their first taste of Final Fantasy, and RPGs for some. So yes this will make it a favourite, because their eyes are open to engrossing characters, well done designs, great areas, great story and just a little bit of FF magic (if you ask me Square has used all its MP now).

The reason they like it is because people tend to prefer something that opened their eyes to something, rather than something that is better. FF6 is put down because it is 2D, and nobody believes anything can beat the story depth of FF7, but manily its down to their own opinion, just the fanboys/girls tend to go on and on for too long.

gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
FF7 is maybe 3rd out of my favorite FFs. But seriously smooth, have you played it? You can't judge the game until you play it.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

It's my favorite, and yes, It was my first FF! But I wouldn't like a game only for the reason of it being my first in a series. If it didn't have what is IMO a great story with great characters, fun gameplay, and some awesome music! I like good nolstalgia, not bad nolstagia, and VII definetely has some good memories for me. :)

is it overrated? I don't know, I don't really get to hear many of the hardcore VII fanboys thoughts since don't know many. Maybe it is a little overrated by some people, but I don't care what other's say about VII, no matter what, it will be my one of my favorite FF's and I just love it! :D

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Final Fantasy VII is GREATLY overrated. It's average at best and deserves no more than a 7.5.

Oh yeah, smootheyes, if you think FFVII is overrated, you might want to watch this video I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxR4p7P74Y

Darmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Darmi
Member since 2004 • 5562 Posts

I think Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It's definitely not the best game ever, not the best RPG ever and not even the best Final Fantasy ever.

It wouldn't be in my top ten RPG list. And this is coming from someone who has played about 11 RPGs...

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

I think the game got too much hype. I'm playing it now, and while a good game, I think it's not the best game(or RPG game) ever made. Personally, I think FFVI is better than VII.

That vid was hilarious Drawesome:lol:

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrAwesomeMD

I think the game got too much hype. I'm playing it now, and while a good game, I think it's not the best game(or RPG game) ever made. Personally, I think FFVI is better than VII.

IpodHero176

I was laughing really hard when I first saw it.:lol:

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

DrAwesomeMD

I was laughing really hard when I first saw it.:lol:

I got tears in my eyes from laughing so hard:lol: :lol:

faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 faraz-azar
Member since 2006 • 630 Posts

Final Fantasy VII is GREATLY overrated. It's average at best and deserves no more than a 7.5.

Oh yeah, smootheyes, if you think FFVII is overrated, you might want to watch this video I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkxR4p7P74Y

DrAwesomeMD

i agree!the only reason i like it a little is cuz it helped release FF7: AC and CC and i hate it alot for releasing Dirge of cerberus on ps2 and that awful cloud snowboarding game on the cellphone

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts

Asking if FFVII is overrated is like asking if chickens lay eggs
faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 faraz-azar
wait they do?!!? dam it! my lifes work ruined!!!
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fs_metal
NO WAY!!!! ff7 is ratted just fine it deserves it's praise it is one of the greatest final fantasy games ever.i say if your into rpg's and if you never played ff7 then shame on you,because that game is a must play.MASTERBLADEX
By...having cliche characters? By having poor sound quality? By having bad translation and,. at times, just plain bad dialog? By having piss poor structuring on it' story resulting it being alot more convoluted than it should have been? By having characters that are so stereotypical that it borders on racism? By adding filler into the story for the sole purpose of making the game longer? No. Sorry. IT weas overrated
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MASTERBLADEX
fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fs_metal
fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.MASTERBLADEX
You sound like a fanboy. IT wqasx not a masterpiece. IT was a flawed RPG that took out alot of what was good about FF to begin with. If you want gameplay depth from the 90's, go play Fallout 2. There's your depth
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.fs_metal
You sound like a fanboy. IT wqasx not a masterpiece. IT was a flawed RPG that took out alot of what was good about FF to begin with. If you want gameplay depth from the 90's, go play Fallout 2. There's your depth

actually ff7 just made the series better with better characters and a well detailed story for it's time.hell,even now the game leaves me speechless.and i'll never play fallout 2 it sounds like a western rpg.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrAwesomeMD

fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.MASTERBLADEX

Gameplay was average gameplay. Choose attack or magic over and over. Just like all FFs.

Cloud was robotic, unemotional, and rarely talked. He had little depth. He thought he was his best friend. That pretty much wraps up his story.

Materia system was dumb. If I put a rock on my weapon and spend forever to level it up, I should learn it. Esper system had it right.

VI went from stopping an evil empire that's going to cause another War of the Magi thus causing the world to become ruin, to taking down an evil, insane villain who forced total destruction on the world and made himself become a god. It did the save the world tale much better.

Oh, and Chrono Trigger was Square's best.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.MASTERBLADEX

actually ff7 just made the series better with better characters and a well detailed story for it's time.hell,even now the game leaves me speechless.and i'll never play fallout 2 it sounds like a western rpg.

Y9oucannot make somethin better by sliding down hill. I would ask what the hell where and RPG originates from has to do with anything, but I am about 90% certain that you would simply give me some stupid answer or a just plain baffling explanation as to why you think this is important
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MASTERBLADEX

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.DrAwesomeMD

Gameplay was average gameplay. Choose attack or magic over and over. Just like all FFs.

Cloud was robotic, unemotional, and rarely talked. He had little depth. He thought he was his best friend. That pretty much wraps up his story.

Materia system was dumb. If I put a rock on my weapon and spend forever to level it up, I should learn it. Esper system had it right.

VI went from stopping an evil empire that's going to cause another War of the Magi thus causing the world to become ruin, to taking down an evil, insane villain who forced total destruction on the world and made himself become a god. It did the save the world tale much better.

well,gameplay had gotten better due to flashy animations.and cloud wa awesome what made him amazing was the fact that he did not know who really was which just expanded his chracter even more and it added depth.and the materia system was innovative and fun the esper system was okay also but the materia system perfeted it.it added much depth to the gameplay.and i'll give ff6 a one up on the fact that it has a better story then ff7 but overall ff7 crushes ff6.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fs_metal
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.MASTERBLADEX

well,gameplay had gotten better due to flashy animations.and cloud wa awesome what made him amazing was the fact that he did not know who really was which just expanded his chracter even more and it added depth.and the materia system was innovative and fun the esper system was okay also but the materia system perfeted it.it added much depth to the gameplay.and i'll give ff6 a one up on the fact that it has a better story then ff7 but overall ff7 crushes ff6.

FLASHY ANIMATIONS DOES NOT IMPROVE GAMEPLAY! It just improves how it looks when it is carried out on screen.

Cloud is not awesome. He never was. Your reasoning is poor. You just said 'I like him because he was coinfused.' Just think about that for a second. IT added no depth. FFIV presented a character that was confused about who he was, "How can it add depth IF THE SERIES HAS ALREADY DONE IT?

The materia system was not innovative. All they did was take the ESPEr system, strip it of it's worth and give it a new name.

FFVI crushes FFVII on every level dude

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.MASTERBLADEX

Alright, since you gave FFVI a point, I'll stop arguing. 8)

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]fs,you just sound like a ff7 hater that game was a master peice.it had gameplay with soooo much depth,and cloud was just an amazing character for his time and now.and the materia system was pure win,and how it turned from stoping an evil electc power company to saving a world that's about to face total destruction had to be square's best.fs_metal

FLASHY ANIMATIONS DOES NOT IMPROVE GAMEPLAY! It just improves how it looks when it is carried out on screen.

Cloud is not awesome. He never was. Your reasoning is poor. You just said 'I like him because he was coinfused.' Just think about that for a second. IT added no depth. FFIV presented a character that was confused about who he was, "How can it add depth IF THE SERIES HAS ALREADY DONE IT?

The materia system was not innovative. All they did was take the ESPEr system, strip it of it's worth and give it a new name.

well,it had improved gameplay for me and the 9 million ppl who bought the game.and cloud was awesome the way he was presented as a badass mercenary and then later on in the game he realizes that all that he did.he had never done it was zack who he acting like all along.just pure win square,and the materia system was innovative.and ff6 being better then ff7 is just utterly insane.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

well,it had improved gameplay for me and the 9 million ppl who bought the game.and cloud was awesome the way he was presented as a badass mercenary and then later on in the game he realizes that all that he did.he had never done it was zack who he acting like all along.just pure win square,and the materia system was innovative.and ff6 being better then ff7 is just utterly insane.

FFVI being better than VII is utterly opinionated. Depends on which you prefer.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

He was never a badass merc. He was frickin emo. "oooh. Who am I? Where did I come from? What's my purpose? I don't know. I cut myself with my overcompensating sword when no one is looking" Please. that crap ain't badass. Badass is more like Kratos. HE would slice your head clean off if you looked at him funny

FFVI being better than FFVII is not insane. Insanely realistic maybe but not insane.

You cannot innovate by copying. The materia system copied. IT was, therefore, not innovative

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MASTERBLADEX
he was badass in the beginning of ff7 and he was pretty awesome,and ff6 being better then ff7 is insane unrealistic.and the mataria system was innovative you just won't accept it because ff7 is the most famous jpn rpg ever and you hate it.let's be serious chracters like locke edgar and terra will never compare to clouds uber awesomeness.and plus his blade is fricking huge what is more badass the a cool looking spikey head dude carrying a 2 ton blade.man,nomura is a genius.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fs_metal

he was badass in the beginning of ff7 and he was pretty awesome,and ff6 being better then ff7 is insane unrealistic.and the mataria system was innovative you just won't accept it because ff7 is the most famous jpn rpg ever and you hate it.let's be serious chracters like locke edgar and terra will never compare to clouds uber awesomeness.and plus his blade is fricking huge what is more badass the a cool looking spikey head dude carrying a 2 ton blade.man,nomura is a genius.MASTERBLADEX
You can't accept that the materia system was never innovative because you are too hung up on FFVII to see that IT'S COPIED FROM THE PREVIOUS ENTRY IN THE SERIES.

Cloud was never badass. Ever.

I never said I hate it. I said it is overrated. I hate fanboyism of it, which is exactly what you are doing, but I never said I hate it.

The side of his sword matters not and all 3 characters you listed are infinitely better than Cloud will ever be.

Cloud is not cool looking. It's generic anime and

This is infinitely more badass than Cloud. He is also from a much MUCH better game. Digital Devil Saga incase you are wondering. Note what is different about this from Cloud. While both are anime, Serph brims over with ****and an atmospheric look that fits his world perfectly. Cloud lacks that.

Nomura is nota genius. HE is a thief. HE thrives on stealing the ideas of others

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MASTERBLADEX
man,cloud was badass in the beginning of ff7 like i said.and for the last time the materia system was innovative,and please tell me you was jokeing when you said character like edgar,terra,are better then the cool looking 2 ton sword weilding hero that is know as cloud strife.and that character tha you posted looks lame i can see that digital devil saga needed nomura's infinite wisdom.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fs_metal

man,cloud was badass in the beginning of ff7 like i said.and for the last time the materia system was innovative,and please tell me you was jokeing when you said character like edgar,terra,are better then the cool looking 2 ton sword weilding hero that is know as cloud strife.and that character tha you posted looks lame i can see that digital devil saga needed nomura's infinite wisdom.MASTERBLADEX
Cloud was not badass ever at all. Play God of War. See KRatos? There is badass. You can't kill him. He will always find a way to give Death a proverbial kick to the sack,

Terra and Edgar are much MUCH better than Cloud was

The side of a sword matters not and if it weighed 2 tons, he would not be able to lift it

The materia system cannot be innovative because it copied the ESPer system...It then ran the ESPer system trehoug a ringer. It put it in a shredder. t beat on it with a happer as iof it were sheet metal. It tossed it to lions who ate it. The developers then ahd hte lions regurgitate it and we wound up with the materia system.

Nomuras infinite wisdom works like this "Hey! Grandia 2 had a cool idea! I think I will steal it and call it Final Fantasy X." that is not infinite wisdom that is 'stealing and selling it to people that are too stupid to know that it is stolen.'

Digital Devil Saga is a great game. Youi owe it to yourself to play it. Serph and his companions were a collection of excellent characters with a great story spanning 2 awesome games. No RPG collection is complete without them

faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 faraz-azar

i think that zach is more badass than cloud i mean really? cloud like is never happy at least zacks a little cheerful! i mean in the ff7 CC instructions it says Zack: 2nd class soldier. blah blah blah. HAS A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION! also no matter who ever says whatever THE ONE WINGED ANGELS ARE THE MOST BADASS OUT OF ALL OF THE FF7 REMAKES MOVIES AND JUNK! its all about sephiroth, angeal, and genisis! and also of course ff6 is the best! its the most innovative! ok ff7 did what new? chocobo breeding? just eye candy i mean if somehow there were achievement points then i guess id do it! the mini games ok i admit those kept me busy but not for more than 20 mins! now FF6 ok well every character has a much better back story. then the attaching summons to you as you level up was very intruiging and very functional! then the awesome part was that you COULD find all your characters again or go face kefka alone! MUHAHAHA NO SUMMARY SENTENCE!

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IpodHero176

well,it had improved gameplay for me and the 9 million ppl who bought the game.and cloud was awesome the way he was presented as a badass mercenary and then later on in the game he realizes that all that he did.he had never done it was zack who he acting like all along.just pure win square,and the materia system was innovative.and ff6 being better then ff7 is just utterly insane.MASTERBLADEX

The only reason so many people bought FF7 was because of how much Squaresoft(at the time) promoted the game in the West.FF1-6 did not get a lot of promotion in the West, unlike in Japan. Just look at all the best selling games. They sold well because of the promotion they got.

Let's compare Xenogears to FF7 in sales in the West. Xenogears did not sell as well as FF7, because FF7 had more promotion than Xenogears, which is why it sold more. Xenogears, while a great game with a better story than FF7, did not sell well because it was not promoted as much as the latter game.

And you are stating that FF7 is better than FF6? Do you really mean that? Every character in FF6 had a good backstory, development, and had personality. Cloud had an alright backstory, even though most of it was Zack's. Unfortunately, he has a one-dimensional personality. Sephiroth's development was slow, but it was ok. he had a little personality, but you don't see much of it in the original game. Same goes for Vincent. His backstory was really good, but you don't find out most about it until Dirge of Cerberus.

As for the gameplay, I would say that FF6 is better for innovation, since the materia system is a DIRECT COPY OF THE ESPER SYSTEM FROM FF6.

I avoided comparing Kefka to Sephiroth, because that would be a one-sided battle;)

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DJ-Lafleur

Well, I liked the characters of VII, and they all had backstories that interested me. I don't give a rat's ass if VII's gameplay isn't innovative, that doesn't mean it still can't be fun, which it is to me. There was plenty of music which I enjoyed listening to...

I liked both Sephiroth and Kefka, and really, they aren't THAT different. They are bothd ark and twisted individuals seeking to kill pretty much everything, they both have bad-ass evil angel forms when you fight them with some awesome music to boot. They both kill off some important characters in their respective games. I really can't say which one I like more, since both are quite similar.

In the end, VI and VII are equally terrific, I say. The only reason I would like VII a little more uisecause of the nolstalgia I get from playing the game, but other than that, they are equally great in every aspect, and both are definetely in my top 3 favorite FFs list.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fs_metal

i think that zach is more badass than cloud i mean really? cloud like is never happy at least zacks a little cheerful! i mean in the ff7 CC instructions it says Zack: 2nd class soldier. blah blah blah. HAS A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION! also no matter who ever says whatever THE ONE WINGED ANGELS ARE THE MOST BADASS OUT OF ALL OF THE FF7 REMAKES MOVIES AND JUNK! its all about sephiroth, angeal, and genisis! and also of course ff6 is the best! its the most innovative! ok ff7 did what new? chocobo breeding? just eye candy i mean if somehow there were achievement points then i guess id do it! the mini games ok i admit those kept me busy but not for more than 20 mins! now FF6 ok well every character has a much better back story. then the attaching summons to you as you level up was very intruiging and very functional! then the awesome part was that you COULD find all your characters again or go face kefka alone! MUHAHAHA NO SUMMARY SENTENCE!

faraz-azar

Yes. Zack is much MUCH more badass than Cloud...like at all.

While Sephiroth was out trying to destroy everything., Cloud spent his time.....making birds do it :P

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fs_metal

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"] well,it had improved gameplay for me and the 9 million ppl who bought the game.and cloud was awesome the way he was presented as a badass mercenary and then later on in the game he realizes that all that he did.he had never done it was zack who he acting like all along.just pure win square,and the materia system was innovative.and ff6 being better then ff7 is just utterly insane.IpodHero176

The only reason so many people bought FF7 was because of how much Squaresoft(at the time) promoted the game in the West.FF1-6 did not get a lot of promotion in the West, unlike in Japan. Just look at all the best selling games. They sold well because of the promotion they got.

Let's compare Xenogears to FF7 in sales in the West. Xenogears did not sell as well as FF7, because FF7 had more promotion than Xenogears, which is why it sold more. Xenogears, while a great game with a better story than FF7, did not sell well because it was not promoted as much as the latter game.

And you are stating that FF7 is better than FF6? Do you really mean that? Every character in FF6 had a good backstory, development, and had personality. Cloud had an alright backstory, even though most of it was Zack's. Unfortunately, he has a one-dimensional personality. Sephiroth's development was slow, but it was ok. he had a little personality, but you don't see much of it in the original game. Same goes for Vincent. His backstory was really good, but you don't find out most about it until Dirge of Cerberus.

As for the gameplay, I would say that FF6 is better for innovation, since the materia system is a DIRECT COPY OF THE ESPER SYSTEM FROM FF6.

I avoided comparing Kefka to Sephiroth, because that would be a one-sided battle;)

Thank you
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 IpodHero176

Well, I liked the characters of VII, and they all had backstories that interested me. I don't give a rat's ass if VII's gameplay isn't innovative, that doesn't mean it still can't be fun, which it is to me. There was plenty of music which I enjoyed listening to...

I liked both Sephiroth and Kefka, and really, they aren't THAT different. They are bothd ark and twisted individuals seeking to kill pretty much everything, they both have bad-ass evil angel forms when you fight them with some awesome music to boot. They both kill off some important characters in their respective games. I really can't say which one I like more, since both are quite similar.

In the end, VI and VII are equally terrific, I say. The only reason I would like VII a little more uisecause of the nolstalgia I get from playing the game, but other than that, they are equally great in every aspect, and both are definetely in my top 3 favorite FFs list.

DJ-Lafleur

I'm not saying FF7 sucks. I like it, but it isn't the greatest game or the greatest RPG ever made. Is it one of the greatest RPGs made? Yes. Is it #1? No. I'm not telling you to stop playing the game and pick up another one, have fun with it if you like it. Kefka didn't kill a character that was in your party, and Sephiroth didn't destory the planet.

Overall, like you said, both games are good in their own right, but my problem with FF7 is the fanboys(not you though) who criticize all other games except FF7. The best phrase of this is, "either you're with us or against us.", which should not be true. FF7 is a good game, but there are better games out there than it(like Xenogears or Chrono Trigger).

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DJ-Lafleur
[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

IpodHero176

I'm not saying FF7 sucks. I like it, but it isn't the greatest game or the greatest RPG ever made. Is it one of the greatest RPGs made? Yes. Is it #1? No. I'm not telling you to stop playing the game and pick up another one, have fun with it if you like it. Kefka didn't kill a character that was in your party, and Sephiroth didn't destory the planet.

Overall, like you said, both games are good in their own right, but my problem with FF7 is the fanboys(not you though) who criticize all other games except FF7. The best phrase of this is, "either you're with us or against us.", which should not be true. FF7 is a good game, but there are better games out there than it(like Xenogears or Chrono Trigger).

oh, I wasn't really trying to direct my comment at you, I just wanted to state my feelings.

I don't think it's #1 either , nor the greatest RPG ever, maybe the best FF IMO, but not the best RPG. I know that Sephirith and Kefka aren't 100% similar, and that Sephiroth didn't destroy a planet nor kefka a character in your party. They both still did kill off important characters in their respective games, though. General Leo, Cyan's family, Gehstal for Kefka and Aeris and the President of Shinra for sephiroth. I just think that Kefka and Sephiroth are similar in more ways that people would think, or would like to think.

And yes, Chrono trigger is awesome! Never played Xenogears, though...

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IpodHero176

And yes, Chrono trigger is awesome! Never played Xenogears, though...

DJ-Lafleur

If you liked CT, you will love Xenogears.

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 smootheyes2

Well what I think it is, as you said, it was their first taste of Final Fantasy, and RPGs for some. So yes this will make it a favourite, because their eyes are open to engrossing characters, well done designs, great areas, great story and just a little bit of FF magic (if you ask me Square has used all its MP now).

The reason they like it is because people tend to prefer something that opened their eyes to something, rather than something that is better. FF6 is put down because it is 2D, and nobody believes anything can beat the story depth of FF7, but manily its down to their own opinion, just the fanboys/girls tend to go on and on for too long.

liquid_s

Yeah, I SWEAR by stuff that it IS because it was their first... that's why I love SO3 SO MUCH! My first RPG, and my fave game EVER! But it's just awesome:P

It is a revolutionary game in some respect, but it is definitely overrated to an extent.

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 smootheyes2

IpodHero176

I think Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It's definitely not the best game ever, not the best RPG ever and not even the best Final Fantasy ever.

It wouldn't be in my top ten RPG list. And this is coming from someone who has played about 11 RPGs...

Darmi

ALL of what un-biased people are saying points towards the fact that it IS in fact because it was most peoples FIRST RPG!

Asking if FFVII is overrated is like asking if chickens lay eggs
fs_metal

YAY! I have a mighty warrior fighting for my team :)

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MASTERBLADEX
BAH,it seems like angry ff6 fanboys have invaded this tread.but anyway,like i said before ff7 is EXTREMELY better then that 2d rubbish that we call final fantasy 6.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DrAwesomeMD

BAH,it seems like angry ff6 fanboys have invaded this tread.but anyway,like i said before ff7 is EXTREMELY better then that 2d rubbish that we call final fantasy 6.MASTERBLADEX

I can tell another fight between Fs_Metal and you is going to happen sometime soon. :?

faraz-azar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 faraz-azar

BAH,it seems like angry ff6 fanboys have invaded this tread.but anyway,like i said before ff7 is EXTREMELY better then that 2d rubbish that we call final fantasy 6.MASTERBLADEX

ok well u can call 2 d rubbish but the 3d graphics onn ff7 were horrible! and im not beating on 3d at the time! mgs 1 had just as bad graphics and still was loved by millions! and anyway i mean really ff6 didnt try to go out of its way to get the 3d (witch was garbage on ff7!) and personally on the gba one i thought the graphics were breathtaking for bit i mean wayyyyyy better than ff7

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 smootheyes2

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]BAH,it seems like angry ff6 fanboys have invaded this tread.but anyway,like i said before ff7 is EXTREMELY better then that 2d rubbish that we call final fantasy 6.faraz-azar

ok well u can call 2 d rubbish but the 3d graphics onn ff7 were horrible! and im not beating on 3d at the time! mgs 1 had just as bad graphics and still was loved by millions! and anyway i mean really ff6 didnt try to go out of its way to get the 3d (witch was garbage on ff7!) and personally on the gba one i thought the graphics were breathtaking for bit i mean wayyyyyy better than ff7

2d graphics can be just as good for the style of the game. Look at Atelier Iris. They suit well. Pokemon. It doesn't mean the game is worse beacuse the graphics are 2D.

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MASTERBLADEX

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]BAH,it seems like angry ff6 fanboys have invaded this tread.but anyway,like i said before ff7 is EXTREMELY better then that 2d rubbish that we call final fantasy 6.faraz-azar

even tho ff7 graphics is not as amazing now is it was for it's time.it does not elude the fact that ff7 is still a breathtaking game with deep and complex characters such as cloud strife and aerith gainsburough.and ff7's gameplay added soooo much depth and strategy that it just decimates whatever final trash 6 tryed to do.even tho ff7 story is not great as ff6 it is still a good magnificent tale of good vs evil.and following cloud from a merc who thought he was apart of solder to finding out he was just useing zack's persona was just square's best.now that i think about i see why ff7 is regarded as the most magnificent jpn rpg ever.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fs_metal
Why bother? You don't argue., All you do is contradict. You don't make any effort to defend your claims. I hate that.
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MASTERBLADEX
boy,and your the king of contridicting you did so many times on numerous threads that i lost count.anyway,don't get mad because ff7 is a master peice while final trash 6 is just a lowly 2d game with uninspiring gameplay and characters to match.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fs_metal
I back up my claims. That's the biggest difference between me and you. That and alot of your so called arguments don't make sense or contradict fact
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts
FFVI trash is unacceptable. It takes more than graphics to bring the essence out of a good game. And if the two of you don't do things the right way soon, i'm just gonna have another big headache.