fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.MASTERBLADEX
"this guy are sick" A direct quote from the game. It is not perfect. It never was.
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#152 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.fs_metal
"this guy are sick" A direct quote from the game. It is not perfect. It never was.

OMG was the translation really that bad?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.smootheyes2

OMG was the translation really that bad?

The translation on it was not good. That's for sure
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 MASTERBLADEX
Member since 2008 • 1286 Posts
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.fs_metal

yeah,the translation was'nt perfect with thundaga being thunder 3.but the game was playable nd you can still make out what was happening in the game.it was;nt like it was unplayable like et for the nes.anyway,i still think the game is a 9 or higher to this very day.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 fs_metal

[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.MASTERBLADEX

yeah,the translation was'nt perfect with thundaga being thunder 3.but the game was playable nd you can still make out what was happening in the game.it was;nt like it was unplayable like et for the nes.anyway,i still think the game is a 9 or higher to this very day.

The NES game is quite playable. I can personally vouch for that one. I own it.

FFVII never deserved anything more than a 7

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 smootheyes2

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.fs_metal

7 for VII:lol:

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 MASTERBLADEX

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.fs_metal

maybe to you it did'nt.but me and millions of others feel differently.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.MASTERBLADEX

Pretty much. It's like there are 10 fanboys who love it for every one who thinks it's overrated.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 fs_metal
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.DrAwesomeMD

Pretty much. It's like there are 10 fanboys who love it for every one who thinks it's overrated.

I would like you to note something about Fanboys, and thiat is this:" It's amazing if they don't drool on themselves
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="fs_metal"]

[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"]ff7 was perfect when it first came out.but now it's not the holy game that it once was but it still deserves to be in the 9 range.MASTERBLADEX

Oh yeah, quick thing about the translation: Every spell was ""Lightning 3, Heal 2, or Ice 1" until FFVIII.

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 MASTERBLADEX
well,the point is ff7 is not overrated it was a damn near perfect game in it's time.but even now the game is still pretty good.ff7 haters like fs just refuses to see that.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 fs_metal
FFVII is and has always been overrated
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 MASTERBLADEX
FFVII is and has always been overratedfs_metal
ok,if thats how u feel then i can't change that.just don't try to pass that as a fact.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 fs_metal
I can because it is
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 MASTERBLADEX
I can because it isfs_metal
whatever,like i saaid ff7 is a game that need to be rated 9 or higher.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 fs_metal
No it doesn't. It deserves to be rated a 7 at best.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#167 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
It may have been too overrated by some people, but that didn't affect me from really appreciating VII.
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 MASTERBLADEX
It may have been too overrated by some people, but that didn't affect me from really appreciating VII.DJ-Lafleur
exactly.
LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#169 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts

My honest opinion: Is FF VII a masterpiece? Yes.

Do I like FF VII? Definitely.

Is it being given a bit too much attention? Problably. But that's obviously because it is the most popular of the series (although in quality I think it is on par with VI) and companies run on money. FF VII's name is worth it. And don't say it's being milked too much. They're actually giving the old-school ones a chance by remaking them on the DS (already did so with III and IV, and will most likely do it with V and VI) Therefore, the people who don't have the patience to play the first and older FF games can give it a try.

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 MASTERBLADEX

My honest opinion: Is FF VII a masterpiece? Yes.

Do I like FF VII? Definitely.

Is it being given a bit too much attention? Problably. But that's obviously because it is the most popular of the series (although in quality I think it is on par with VI) and companies run on money. FF VII's name is worth it. And don't say it's being milked too much. They're actually giving the old-school ones a chance by remaking them on the DS (already did so with III and IV, and will most likely do it with V and VI) Therefore, the people who don't have the patience to play the first and older FF games can give it a try.

LoneRex
eactly,and i like your sig of cloud.and your icon of sephroth i think there both cool.
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts

VII should be rated a "7" at best... haha!! You crack me up fs.

Can we wrap up this arguement now?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 fs_metal

DreadDLordD
It's called brutal honesty dude
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

fs_metal

well,then lets be brutaly honest about ff12 and ff6.if anything those games deserves a 4 out of 10.it can never match up to ff7 greatness.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

MASTERBLADEX

well,then lets be brutaly honest about ff12 and ff6.if anything those games deserves a 4 out of 10.it can never match up to ff7 greatness.

Top be brutally honest about Final Fantays XII and Final Fantasy VI, olne would have to jump right out and say 'They effing rule." Anything else is lying through your teeth
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

MASTERBLADEX

Top be brutally honest about Final Fantays XII and Final Fantasy VI, olne would have to jump right out and say 'They effing rule." Anything else is lying through your teeth

VII has no greatness to match up to. Matching up to FFVII means "It functions like it is supposed to"

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 DreadDLordD
[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

fs_metal

lol, but who would have guessed from the beginning that was your honest case. A games title with a numeric symbol should be rated out of 10. Just thought it was a coincidence.
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 DreadDLordD
[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

fs_metal

lol, but who would have guessed from the beginning that was your honest case. A games title with a numeric symbol should be that "VII" rated out of 10. Just thought it was a coincidence.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

fs_metal

VII has no greatness to match up to. Matching up to FFVII means "It functions like it is supposed to"

Quoted for truth! :lol:

eztarg8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#179 eztarg8
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts
The truth is that they are all great game, but depending on your interests you may like one more than the others.
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

fs_metal

but who's lying? cuz imnot i think both ff6 and ff12 sucks.and ff7 is great.you just can't handle the fact that it is a landmark for japanese roleplaying games hile ff12 and ff6 are just entrys to the series.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

MASTERBLADEX

but who's lying? cuz imnot i think both ff6 and ff12 sucks.and ff7 is great.you just can't handle the fact that it is a landmark for japanese roleplaying games hile ff12 and ff6 are just entrys to the series.

Dude you never have any idea what you are talking about. Your arguments are always full of holes. It bugs the craqp out of you when people don't wish to take Cloud into a dark and seedy motel room out of pure fanboyism. It's quite sad.
AlBeadFFx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#182 AlBeadFFx
Member since 2004 • 5813 Posts

The truth is that they are all great game, but depending on your interests you may like one more than the others.eztarg8

i have to agree with eztarg. i have yet to play VI but im getting it in about 3 weeks

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 DJ-Lafleur
My two favorite FFs are VI and VII, XII is around the middle of my list. It was good and enjoyable, but nothing amazing, if you ask me.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 fs_metal

[QUOTE="eztarg8"]The truth is that they are all great game, but depending on your interests you may like one more than the others.AlBeadFFx

i have to agree with eztarg. i have yet to play VI but im getting it in about 3 weeks

It's amazing dude
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

fs_metal

Dude you never have any idea what you are talking about. Your arguments are always full of holes. It bugs the craqp out of you when people don't wish to take Cloud into a dark and seedy motel room out of pure fanboyism. It's quite sad.

i do know what im talking about.ff7 is a landmark for jpn rpg's everywhere.what game put rpgs on the mainstream map? ff7 not final trash 6.like i said your just an angry ff6 fanboy.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

MASTERBLADEX

i do know what im talking about.ff7 is a landmark for jpn rpg's everywhere.what game put rpgs on the mainstream map? ff7 not final trash 6.like i said your just an angry ff6 fanboy.

Opinion:

Someone's personal thoughts on something.

Antonym: Fact.

Arguing who's opinion is right or wrong is just wasting time. I'm sure you guys have better things to do.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 DJ-Lafleur

Dr. Awesome has the right idea.

Whether VI is amazing or not is opinion, whether VII is amazing or not is opinion. THAT is fact.

I'm not trying to go against anyone when saying this or whatever, I'm just clearly stating this.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 fs_metal
[QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="fs_metal"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"]

MASTERBLADEX

Chrono TGrigger started the move to the main stream. FFVI is a landmark RPG dude
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 MASTERBLADEX
sorry,but sales of ff6 and chrono trigger says otherwise.like i said ff7 made rpg's mainstream worldwide.
Llangaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Llangaly
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
hmm, FF7 is definitely my favorite, FF8 was the first I played and FF10 was the first I beat... but I do think FF7 is overrated, but then again, its given such hype that even though its overrated its still a great game... I can't remember now, looking back on it why I like it, but remembering the joy I felt when I first played it... and I've never been able to identify with any-other FF like i can with FF7, and the materia system was great too IMO. But at the same time while FF7 is overrated (but still great) other FF's tend to get underrated too, FF6 was wonderful but is underrated because of its age and graphics... I've seen FF8 underrated because of it is heavy in the romance department... but these are some of the greatest FF's... I find it hard to find a 'best' between ffs 6-10, they all seem to be so great, but yes FF7 is largely overrated, a bit because of the fact many started here, and a bit because it was a success when Square was venturing into new territories so Square favors it now too.
fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 fs_metal
sorry,but sales of ff6 and chrono trigger says otherwise.like i said ff7 made rpg's mainstream worldwide.MASTERBLADEX
Niave...to say the least. Chrono Trigger cartridges were in short supply because of the pending launch of hte Nintendo 60 the next year, but, due to it's characters being drawn by Akira Toriyama who was popular for Dragon Ball, Chrono Trigger did garner some main stream interest, thus begining a shift of the RPG genre from a very select group of hardcore nerds to being main stream. This cycle ended when FFVII was put out and made the series full on main stream, though, to this day, the majority of serious RPG fans still are that select few nerd group that was previous mentioned. You will note that, outside, of about 3 total JRPG series, most JRPGs don't ever see the light of day within the main stream, though WRPGs seem to do pretty well for themselves with games like Guild Wars, WoW, Mass Effect, Diablo, Neverwinter Nights and Elder Scrolls all sharing the main stream spot light
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 smootheyes2

Omnifogibox.

Fine...spam, but we need to start talking!

FF7 IS overrated FULL STOP.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 DJ-Lafleur
FFVII was great, but yeah, I can certainly see many people givng it too much attention. It may be my favorite in the FF series, but it still isn't the best game nor even the best RPG I ever played. The only reason I like VII a little mor than VI is because of the nolstalgia I get from playing VIi, it was my first. If I played VI before VII, I'd Probably say that VI is a little better than VII. Putting my personal feelings and memories aside, I do believe that VI and VII are both equally terrific.
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 MASTERBLADEX

Omnifogibox.

smootheyes2
no,it's just overated to thhe ff7 haters.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"]

Omnifogibox.

MASTERBLADEX

Maybe. But FF VII gets more attention than it deserves.

MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"]

Omnifogibox.

DrAwesomeMD

well,yeah,i can agree with that statement ff7 ain't the only good ff that deserves a compilation.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"]

Omnifogibox.

MASTERBLADEX

well,yeah,i can agree with that statement ff7 ain't the only good ff that deserves a compilation.

I'm happy that FFIV is getting a sequel, but I wish it would be on DS or PSP instead of cell phones.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 fs_metal
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"]

Omnifogibox.

DrAwesomeMD

Thus being overrated
MASTERBLADEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 MASTERBLADEX
[QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="MASTERBLADEX"][QUOTE="smootheyes2"]

Omnifogibox.

DrAwesomeMD

I'm happy that FFIV is getting a sequel, but I wish it would be on DS or PSP instead of cell phones.

yeah,i hope ff8 or ff9 gets a sequel in the future but i highly doubt it.
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 smootheyes2
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"]

Omnifogibox.

MASTERBLADEX

AND it is hated because it is overrated.