coreblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 coreblade
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ok i've only read the first page and the ratings were mixed. If i remember right 7 wasn't the first wich I played. I think i saw the full serie before it. The game is rated so good because when it was released it was the first rpg on the world wich used 3D graphics. The game is a masterpiece of human creativity. The story was interresting like few others. If it is a bad game why could they sell in 3 days after the release just in Japan more then 3 million copies? IN Amerika it was on the wekkend more then 1 million. Bad games doesn't sell so godd like Diablo 2 wich returned after 10 years of existing back to the top 10 list of world game selling. This is a good game no matter what everyone says!!!!!! I just hope square makes that ps3 remake of it.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

Ok i've only read the first page and the ratings were mixed. If i remember right 7 wasn't the first wich I played. I think i saw the full serie before it. The game is rated so good because when it was released it was the first rpg on the world wich used 3D graphics. The game is a masterpiece of human creativity. The story was interresting like few others. If it is a bad game why could they sell in 3 days after the release just in Japan more then 3 million copies? IN Amerika it was on the wekkend more then 1 million. Bad games doesn't sell so godd like Diablo 2 wich returned after 10 years of existing back to the top 10 list of world game selling. This is a good game no matter what everyone says!!!!!! I just hope square makes that ps3 remake of it.coreblade

Wild Arms used 3D graphics first(well, it alternated between 2 and 3D), but then again, FFVII's release date was only a little over a month apart.

And not to be mean or anything, but sales =/= quality game. Games like Okami were awesome, but didn't sell well.

coreblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#203 coreblade

[QUOTE="coreblade"]Ok i've only read the first page and the ratings were mixed. If i remember right 7 wasn't the first wich I played. I think i saw the full serie before it. The game is rated so good because when it was released it was the first rpg on the world wich used 3D graphics. The game is a masterpiece of human creativity. The story was interresting like few others. If it is a bad game why could they sell in 3 days after the release just in Japan more then 3 million copies? IN Amerika it was on the wekkend more then 1 million. Bad games doesn't sell so godd like Diablo 2 wich returned after 10 years of existing back to the top 10 list of world game selling. This is a good game no matter what everyone says!!!!!! I just hope square makes that ps3 remake of it.DrAwesomeMD

Wild Arms used 3D graphics first(well, it alternated between 2 and 3D), but then again, FFVII's release date was only a little over a month apart.

And not to be mean or anything, but sales =/= quality game. Games like Okami were awesome, but didn't sell well.

Well then I correct myself. It was the first FF with 3D graphics. It's right that sales doesn't make a game good. Beyond good & evil was and is an awesome game but didn't sell well. Maybe it's a bit overrated 8,5-9 would be a better score but at the time they reviewed it was one of the best games on the market.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#204 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
FFVII was a little over-rated, but still a terrific game none the less, IMO.
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#205 unknown37
Member since 2006 • 5135 Posts
Its a great game but yeah, its gotten even more so since they made the movie
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#206 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts

Ok i've only read the first page and the ratings were mixed. If i remember right 7 wasn't the first wich I played. I think i saw the full serie before it. The game is rated so good because when it was released it was the first rpg on the world wich used 3D graphics. The game is a masterpiece of human creativity. The story was interresting like few others. If it is a bad game why could they sell in 3 days after the release just in Japan more then 3 million copies? IN Amerika it was on the wekkend more then 1 million. Bad games doesn't sell so godd like Diablo 2 wich returned after 10 years of existing back to the top 10 list of world game selling. This is a good game no matter what everyone says!!!!!! I just hope square makes that ps3 remake of it.coreblade

No, it WAS.

Its a great game but yeah, its gotten even more so since they made the movieunknown37

That movie has mixed feelings.

STK3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 STK3000
Member since 2005 • 2790 Posts
the idea that first ff did make it my favourite but then that was removed and i reliased i jus hated the other games characters, each game was an average game some being better than others but to say it is overrated is a bit unfair the reason it is held in such high regard is it was on a new system that was stronger than the previous one meaning they could do more its all just how developed it was compared to its predecessors
lestat23l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 lestat23l
Member since 2005 • 346 Posts
I loved it because it was my first final fantasy, and it made me want to go back and explore the older final fantasies. Oh, and it has the coolest hero ever(CLOUD).
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 DrAwesomeMD

I loved it because it was my first final fantasy, and it made me want to go back and explore the older final fantasies. Oh, and it has the coolest hero ever(SOLID SNAKE).lestat23l

But Snake was never in FFVII! :o

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="lestat23l"]I loved it because it was my first final fantasy, and it made me want to go back and explore the older final fantasies. Oh, and it has the coolest hero ever(SOLID SNAKE).DrAwesomeMD

You could unlock him! You just had to Kill off cait Sith, use his blood and corpse as a sacrifice to the gods, the gods would then give you a hamburger-shaped key to an ancient temple under the ocean near Atlantis, and in this temple you would fight a giant evil watermelon that could shoot lasers of death. If you won, a giant cannon would magically appear, and it would shoot you in the sky into a sky fortress where you could learn a spell to summon a magenta-colored dragon. You had to buy laxitives at the black market in the sewers of midgar, and use these laxitives on the magenta-colored dragon. And through the "exit" is your new party memeber, solid snake! :D

Don't tell me you didn't know that. :|

(And yes, i am very, very bored :P)

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 unknown37
:lol: wow, just wow :lol: :lol: :lol:
Squall_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#213 Squall_2
Member since 2008 • 4220 Posts
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="lestat23l"]I loved it because it was my first final fantasy, and it made me want to go back and explore the older final fantasies. Oh, and it has the coolest hero ever(SOLID SNAKE).DJ-Lafleur

You could unlock him! You just had to Kill off cait Sith, use his blood and corpse as a sacrifice to the gods, the gods would then give you a hamburger-shaped key to an ancient temple under the ocean near Atlantis, and in this temple you would fight a giant evil watermelon that could shoot lasers of death. If you won, a giant cannon would magically appear, and it would shoot you in the sky into a sky fortress where you could learn a spell to summon a magenta-colored dragon. You had to buy laxitives at the black market in the sewers of midgar, and use these laxitives on the magenta-colored dragon. And through the "exit" is your new party memeber, solid snake! :D

Don't tell me you didn't know that. :|

(And yes, i am very, very bored :P)

nice one

smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
I loved it because it was my first final fantasy, and it made me want to go back and explore the older final fantasies. Oh, and it has the coolest hero ever(CLOUD).lestat23l
HEnce the reason people like it so much; cuz it was their FIRST.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="lestat23l"]I loved it because it was my first final fantasy, and it made me want to go back and explore the older final fantasies. Oh, and it has the coolest hero ever(CLOUD).smootheyes2
HEnce the reason people like it so much; cuz it was their FIRST.

that's part of it. I also liked the story and characters and the gameplay was a blast.

Squall_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Squall_2
it was my second FF but the story and the characters got me hooked on this great game
MF-Scare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 MF-Scare

I don't think VII is overrated it was a great game with every element needed to be a great game at least i thought so. I don't think it should of gotten a spin off though. I liked VI alot to. I don't know if i'd say VI is better than VII but I wouldn't say VII is better than VI either the're different in many respects down to the way each plot s told it comes down to preference.

If there was a poll asking which ff was best and VII won I don't think it means its overrated as much as more people like it the best.

Squall_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Squall_2
maybe there should be a poll it would help count the answers
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 maniamsmart
Member since 2006 • 12069 Posts
Whenever there is a discussion about Final Fantasy VII there is always more than 2 pages of posts
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 DrAwesomeMD

Whenever there is a discussion about Final Fantasy VII there is always more than 2 pages of postsmaniamsmart

And it's always just the same thing over and over again. :lol:

Still, FFVII is indeed overrated. I can see people calling it the best in the series, but it's nowhere near best game ever, RPG ever, or PS1 game ever like many people say.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 maniamsmart

[QUOTE="maniamsmart"]Whenever there is a discussion about Final Fantasy VII there is always more than 2 pages of postsDrAwesomeMD

Still, FFVII is indeed overrated. I can see people calling it the best in the series, but it's nowhere near best game ever, RPG ever, or PS1 game ever like many people say.

Yeah i agree its the best in Final Fantasy but there are other games that are better in the whole gaming world
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 DreadDLordD
Member since 2005 • 2413 Posts

[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]

[QUOTE="maniamsmart"]Whenever there is a discussion about Final Fantasy VII there is always more than 2 pages of postsmaniamsmart

Yeah i agree its the best in Final Fantasy but there are other games that are better in the whole gaming world

Perhaps for the modern generation, it's one of the best. I.e. if we only include these 4, VII / VIII /X / XII. Although to be fair, there's no doubt that there are still gamer's out there that are still exaggerating the fact that they think VII is the best of the franchise. Ahem... well I think not.

I think the game would be good for starters since it's so long and there is just loads to learn from its universe. That's the reason why I liked it so much, because it was my first FF. But thinking about it's predecessors makes me guess that they've all become inferior because the GFX technology has progressed so quickly.

For e.g. If I were to play VI as my first before VII even came out. I would probably solute VI as my personal overall favourite. Despite it's old school presentation. It's still regarded as one of the most spectacular games of the series. I'm not saying that because its a conformist comment. The truth is that it is indeed a fantastic game in everyone's eyes. This is why games like VII is complicated to compare with others because of its entirely new tileset. Modern vs Fantasy. They are both completely different things.

What I'm saying is that its all just perception. Old school gamers who moved from VI to VII might have been disappointed. While other's who just suddenly heard of it started spreading the word that it's the best out there. That's the main reason for all this racket going on about FF VII actually being the "best". It's degrading all the previous titles. So let me tell you this, before you go about mingling to everyone how good VII is. You should at least consider putting some thought and depth into the other games.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 maniamsmart

Well my first FF was IX or VIII but my favorite is X

But anyway yes i think VII is overated

unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 unknown37
I understand where ur coming from with that, but FF10 was my first and its 1 of my least favorites, though I really enjoy it
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 maniamsmart
I understand where ur coming from with that, but FF10 was my first and its 1 of my least favorites, though I really enjoy itunknown37
how can you enjoy a game when you dont like it
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 unknown37
[QUOTE="unknown37"]I understand where ur coming from with that, but FF10 was my first and its 1 of my least favorites, though I really enjoy itmaniamsmart
how can you enjoy a game when you dont like it

As in I liked the game but I like most of the other FF games more
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 DJ-Lafleur
7 is my favotite FF, but not my favorite game, nor favorite RPG for that matter.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 maniamsmart
I think final fantasy is one of the best RPGs and is my favorite and top RPG
Ubergosuprogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#229 Ubergosuprogg
Ya It's a gg my first ff was the nes version ff1. it was my favorite for quite a few years now though i'd have to say ff3 for snes, I think your right eyes for some of them it's their first game which = most appealing . overated possibly gg definately.
maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 maniamsmart
my first was FF8 or FF9
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#231 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

FFX was my first and still my favorite.

I really liked VII but I am not so sure that it lived up to the hype....

It is in the top 3 of my favorite FF games but i expected more than was in the game. The story was very good but from other's descriptions, I expected something unbeievable... just never got it.

I really like VII but I think it was more over-hyped than overrated...

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 maniamsmart

FFX was my first and still my favorite.

I really liked VII but I am not so sure that it lived up to the hype....

It is in the top 3 of my favorite FF games but i expected more than was in the game. The story was very good but from other's descriptions, I expected something unbeievable... just never got it.

I really like VII but I think it was more over-hyped than overrated...

latte428
i played FF9 first but my favorite is FFX than FF9 just becouse of Auron
PlaWeird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 PlaWeird
Member since 2008 • 2239 Posts

Final Fantasy X was the first game I played from the series by myself. I had seen my friend playing Final Fantasies and first I had no idea why he liked the game so much. After years I bought X and fell in love with the series.

Still, so good game than it ever was/is, I found Final Fantasy VII the best. I couldn't imagine a better story myself, and I guess that the reason why it's so dear to me, is the fact that I can identify so well with Cloud - with all the losing and bad luck in life, not so lovely childhood.

That is, why I like it the most. Totally not overrated.

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#234 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

Final Fantasy X was the first game I played from the series by myself. I had seen my friend playing Final Fantasies and first I had no idea why he liked the game so much. After years I bought X and fell in love with the series.

Still, so good game than it ever was/is, I found Final Fantasy VII the best. I couldn't imagine a better story myself, and I guess that the reason why it's so dear to me, is the fact that I can identify so well with Cloud - with all the losing and bad luck in life, not so lovely childhood.

PlaWeird

I really cant figure a more compeling story either. And after years of playing the games FFVII is still a moving and satisfying adventure

PlaWeird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 PlaWeird

I really cant figure a more compeling story either. And after years of playing the games FFVII is still a moving and satisfying adventure

angelbless

Yeah. Talk about addictive O_o

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 maniamsmart
Man, and i still cant get the FF7 becouse everything is over expensive on eBay they sell the FFVII for like 30.00 or 50.00 dollars and if people bid it will get higher to that amount so if its starts at 1 dollar it will raise to that and the other FF's are really cheap that sucks they should lower the prices
unknown37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 unknown37
Man, and i still cant get the FF7 becouse everything is over expensive on eBay they sell the FFVII for like 30.00 or 50.00 dollars and if people bid it will get higher to that amount so if its starts at 1 dollar it will raise to that and the other FF's are really cheap that sucks they should lower the pricesmaniamsmart
Ur not gonna like wut I'm about 2 say, but PAY THE $50. Its worth every penny and its a better experience than 95% of current games retailing for $66 after tax
PlaWeird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 PlaWeird

[QUOTE="maniamsmart"]Man, and i still cant get the FF7 becouse everything is over expensive on eBay they sell the FFVII for like 30.00 or 50.00 dollars and if people bid it will get higher to that amount so if its starts at 1 dollar it will raise to that and the other FF's are really cheap that sucks they should lower the pricesunknown37
Ur not gonna like wut I'm about 2 say, but PAY THE $50. Its worth every penny and its a better experience than 95% of current games retailing for $66 after tax

I think it's something like 50 dollars what I paid for the game and really don't mind that I did. It's THE Final Fantasy freakin' SEVENTH.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 DrAwesomeMD

PlaWeird

*Is glad fs_metal isn't around*

Seriously. If he saw that he would go crazy. :lol:

DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 DreadDLordD
[QUOTE="PlaWeird"]

DrAwesomeMD

lol the chances are that he maybe be steaming on other forum sites. Still I miss him dearly :(
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="PlaWeird"]

DreadDLordD

lol the chances are that he maybe be steaming on other forum sites. Still I miss him dearly :(

Me too. He was awesome.

PlaWeird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 PlaWeird
[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="PlaWeird"]

DrAwesomeMD

Me too. He was awesome.

Eh...huh? *looks around in confusion*

Who's fs_metal? Final Fantasy VII hater, or what? O_o

EDIT:

Oh yeah - THAT guy. *puts hand on the forehead and shakes head*

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="DreadDLordD"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="PlaWeird"]

PlaWeird

Me too. He was awesome.

Eh...huh? *looks around in confusion*

Who's fs_metal? Final Fantasy VII hater, or what? O_o

EDIT:

Oh yeah - THAT guy. *puts hand on the forehead and shakes head*

Fs doesn't hate FFVII. He just thinks it's overrated to hell.

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 maniamsmart
yeah fs metal was cool a lot of aerguments happened between him and other when i was an officer, had to close a lot of topics becouse of the wars KC had even to right a angry note in a topic
DreadDLordD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 DreadDLordD
yeah fs metal was cool a lot of aerguments happened between him and other when i was an officer, had to close a lot of topics becouse of the wars KC had even to right a angry note in a topicmaniamsmart

Oh wowzers, I'm so gonna go scout for those old topics *_*

I'd love to see how it originally turned out.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="maniamsmart"]yeah fs metal was cool a lot of aerguments happened between him and other when i was an officer, had to close a lot of topics becouse of the wars KC had even to right a angry note in a topicDreadDLordD

Same here. :D

EDIT: I found one, called Sora vs Cloud vs Squall vs Link. Unfortunately, it's locked. If it wasn't, I would so bump it. :P

angelbless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#247 angelbless
Member since 2003 • 8475 Posts

[QUOTE="DreadDLordD"][QUOTE="maniamsmart"]yeah fs metal was cool a lot of aerguments happened between him and other when i was an officer, had to close a lot of topics becouse of the wars KC had even to right a angry note in a topicDrAwesomeMD

Same here. :D

EDIT: I found one, called Sora vs Cloud vs Squall vs Link. Unfortunately, it's locked. If it wasn't, I would so bump it. :P

Wonder if fs will be back :(. FFVII will not be the same without him...:(

maniamsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 maniamsmart
There was a topic with girls and FFVII and that topic was the one with the angry note from KC I THINK
dragonblade_zx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 dragonblade_zx
Member since 2008 • 761 Posts
ahhh, hi guys i missed ya'll. long time no see eh? and this is blademasterx.
equimanthorn01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 equimanthorn01
Member since 2008 • 1769 Posts
Is FFVII overrated? Do bears **** in the woods?