Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@boycie said:

@SolidGame_basic: he has a point though. Outside of SW do you actually give a shit how well your console is selling? You don’t actually win anything.

Unless you own stock in the company.

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102 Zappat
Member since 2018 • 1592 Posts

@boycie said:

@zappat: don’t build your part up. The only person you ever own is your self with the amount of drivel you post.

Also I can be critical of the Xbox . For instance the UI is fucking awful!

Lol you mad.

I also never said you're one of the hardcore lems. I think you're reasonable. But the hardcores here are anything but and I don't think there are other factions with so hardcore fanboys than lemmings right now. They will take anything from MS even if it destroys gaming itself.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Even then, you'd rather have stock in ms.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

My god I never thought bringing a report over from NPD that everyone cherishes would bring so much ass hurt that the Xbox One X is doing well. This is just grand. hahahaha! I love that people keep bring up regular Xbox sales. This report is nothing about that. This report is just stating the Xbox One X is doing well in the market place and selling well. The only reason I posted it is most cows state the Xbox One X was a total flop and never sells.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Xabiss

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

LOL! Of course Xbox is doing better this year than last year when sales stalled due to people playing wait-and-see with the X1X announcement. Let's see how it will do without the price cuts every week. You can't call it phenomenal when it's third every month despite throwing every promotion in the book at it.

This article is more about how well the Xbox One X is performing then Xbox. Cows on this forum say the X is doing terrible and it is now coming out the X is performing rather well. So keep the excuses and false narratives going.

The report even says:

It's a mid-generation turnaround the market's never seen before. This qualifies as phenomenal, even if not market leading.

Yeah they are not market leaders but since the release of the X they have never seen a mid-generation turnaround like this and that it is pretty phenomenal. Which means the $500 Xbox One X is actually performing rather well.

MS is the king of false narratives. Anyway, I guess Xbox One X was selling so well they took a WHOLE hundred bucks off the thing this holiday. And MS sponsoring insane console trade-ins for it last month with Gamestop that left MS pocketing only a mere 200 dollars off their $500 console. Yeah, REAL healthy there. So excuse me if I doubt that this, or anything from Xbox is doing as well as they say.

This report is only coming out because they must have got WRECKED this Black Friday, and they need a third party outlet to do some PR damage control work for them per usual.

WTF Microsoft did not even release this information you idiot. This report is from NPD and from their analyst. Holy shit is this even real right now! Your reading comprehension level is beyond shit through your fanboy eyes. Wow!

So with that and your false narratives you create and the bullshit you just make up. I am done with you.

Whatever, you know this system is doing poorly. That's why you have to find any little nugget to hang onto. Mat is just another shill for their garbage. He talks about Xbox every month like that proud doting parent that can't admit to themselves they have an obnoxious dumb kid.

"It's doing so well! Isn't Xbox doing well?"

If you keep having to say it like that, then the answer is obviously no.

When you start your next point with "Whatever" just means you were wrong. You really should quit with the false narrative bullshit. It really does not help you as a fanboy.

Again this report is nothing about regular Xbox sales. This report is strictly about Xbox One X sales and how it is doing really well in the market place. Nothing more nothing less. Will the sales of the Xbox One X ever touch the sales of the PS4 hell no, but that still doesn't mean it can't sell well in the market place. Sony has this generation wrapped up and no one is catching them.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Xabiss:

Congrats, great thread that really delivered the goods...

For rabid MS/Xbox anti-fans; good news for anything MS/Xbox is like throwing holy water on a vampire....

It Buuuuuurnnns. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#107 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@davillain- said:

Rather you admit it or but, Xbox One X is still the most powerful console available in the gaming market. And I have stated this many times, if you aren't into PC gaming, aren't passion for gaming PC (like me) then owning an Xbox One X is totally worth it in my opinion. If you have a badass PC, it's really hard for me to recommend anyone buying it, MS just happens to porting their games on PC, I just don't see a reason why I would owning Xbox One X, unless you want to play Halo, then by all means, go buy Xbox One X.

Isn't the new one coming to PC?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Pedro

@boycie said:

@zappat: don’t build your part up. The only person you ever own is your self with the amount of drivel you post.

Also I can be critical of the Xbox . For instance the UI is fucking awful!

I don't mind the UI but the performance is sometimes gawd awful. I am waiting for MS to land a more consistently responsive full screen UI. The side bar is the best implementation on the system for it just works. Most of the other fullscreen elements is like the internet on dial up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Pedro: I’m getting used to it but it just seems overly complicated for no reason. Stuff all over the place!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@Pedro: Yes, MS is bringing Halo Infinite to PC (Windows 10) and the reason why I said "unless you want to play Halo" is the fact MCC isn't on PC at all, well not yet anyways. So yeah, Halo Infinite is coming to PC and it's been years since after Halo 2 had a PC port.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

@zappat: How dense are you? Games are software. Software that you pay for in the vast majority of cases.

You claimed Sony had better support because it sold more, asked me what support Xbox had, dismissed the features (obviously) and changed the subject to games!

Unbelievable.

My initial point was about support in games. That's why I mentioned the PS4 has like 200 more games than the Xbox on Metacritic with over 80 score, this extra support is due to PS4 being much more successful. You lemmings don't even know how to read you just respond in kneejerk reactions out of butthurt or what? lol

How much of that is due to Japanese developers who won't support the xbox no matter how well it sells? The PS3 got tons of Japanese support the xbox didn't even though they sold about the same amount. There are TONS of factors above and beyond userbase that determine support.

With PC and Xbox development becoming increasing interconnected(and judging from the amount of high end PC's all the cows on here seem to think that everybody in the world uses), wouldn't that mean that game developers have not only the xbox console userbase to consider but PC as well? Let's go to the beginning of next gen. Day one before ANY systems are sold there is already a "userbase" of millions of PC's developers can sell their games to in addition to console userbase. The money has ALWAYS been on the software side, MS has positioned themselves to have devs have a userbase to develop for that is larger than the install base of the console in question. If MS console sells mediocre there is still a userbase to develop for, if Sony's sells mediocre there is only that userbase to dev for.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

This article is more about how well the Xbox One X is performing then Xbox. Cows on this forum say the X is doing terrible and it is now coming out the X is performing rather well. So keep the excuses and false narratives going.

The report even says:

It's a mid-generation turnaround the market's never seen before. This qualifies as phenomenal, even if not market leading.

Yeah they are not market leaders but since the release of the X they have never seen a mid-generation turnaround like this and that it is pretty phenomenal. Which means the $500 Xbox One X is actually performing rather well.

MS is the king of false narratives. Anyway, I guess Xbox One X was selling so well they took a WHOLE hundred bucks off the thing this holiday. And MS sponsoring insane console trade-ins for it last month with Gamestop that left MS pocketing only a mere 200 dollars off their $500 console. Yeah, REAL healthy there. So excuse me if I doubt that this, or anything from Xbox is doing as well as they say.

This report is only coming out because they must have got WRECKED this Black Friday, and they need a third party outlet to do some PR damage control work for them per usual.

WTF Microsoft did not even release this information you idiot. This report is from NPD and from their analyst. Holy shit is this even real right now! Your reading comprehension level is beyond shit through your fanboy eyes. Wow!

So with that and your false narratives you create and the bullshit you just make up. I am done with you.

Whatever, you know this system is doing poorly. That's why you have to find any little nugget to hang onto. Mat is just another shill for their garbage. He talks about Xbox every month like that proud doting parent that can't admit to themselves they have an obnoxious dumb kid.

"It's doing so well! Isn't Xbox doing well?"

If you keep having to say it like that, then the answer is obviously no.

When you start your next point with "Whatever" just means you were wrong. You really should quit with the false narrative bullshit. It really does not help you as a fanboy.

Again this report is nothing about regular Xbox sales. This report is strictly about Xbox One X sales and how it is doing really well in the market place. Nothing more nothing less. Will the sales of the Xbox One X ever touch the sales of the PS4 hell no, but that still doesn't mean it can't sell well in the market place. Sony has this generation wrapped up and no one is catching them.

Sorry. I don't adhere to this "everybody gets a gold star" shit that MS and their cronies (yourself included) have been trying to pedal off with the Xbox brand. If Xbox in general isn't doing well at $250 on average, then I know their $500 box can't be doing that hot either. You wanted to start a thread with no solid ground behind it then it deserves to get ridiculed. Mat Piscatella's job is to write PR fluff at the end of the month and help corporations obscure their performance. Giving out hard data to the public means less people subscribing to his service. That's why we depend on the leaks.

When he gets into shit like talking about people console warring, why should that matter to him? He's a source from a neutral firm. He's been acting as PR fluff ever since he emerged on social media.

And this is only NPD... US data. How well can Xbox One X really be doing when the brand is all but ignored everywhere but two nations?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Sorry. I don't adhere to this "everybody gets a gold star" shit that MS and their cronies (yourself included) have been trying to pedal off with the Xbox brand. If Xbox in general isn't doing well at $250 on average, then I know their $500 box can't be doing that hot either. You wanted to start a thread with no solid ground behind it then it deserves to get ridiculed. Mat Piscatella's job is to write PR fluff at the end of the month and help corporations obscure their performance. Giving out hard data to the public means less people subscribing to his service. That's why we depend on the leaks.

When he gets into shit like talking about people console warring, why should that matter to him? He's a source from a neutral firm. He's been acting as PR fluff ever since he emerged on social media.

And this is only NPD... US data. How well can Xbox One X really be doing when the brand is all but ignored everywhere but two nations?

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Zappat

@Steppy_76 said:

How much of that is due to Japanese developers who won't support the xbox no matter how well it sells? The PS3 got tons of Japanese support the xbox didn't even though they sold about the same amount. There are TONS of factors above and beyond userbase that determine support.

Lol if that were true then the difference in the amount of games between the PS3 and the 360 would have been similar to the one between the PS4 and X1 but no, the 360 had much more support and both machines were on par. Unlike this gen.

@Steppy_76 said:

With PC and Xbox development becoming increasing interconnected(and judging from the amount of high end PC's all the cows on here seem to think that everybody in the world uses), wouldn't that mean that game developers have not only the xbox console userbase to consider but PC as well? Let's go to the beginning of next gen. Day one before ANY systems are sold there is already a "userbase" of millions of PC's developers can sell their games to in addition to console userbase. The money has ALWAYS been on the software side, MS has positioned themselves to have devs have a userbase to develop for that is larger than the install base of the console in question. If MS console sells mediocre there is still a userbase to develop for, if Sony's sells mediocre there is only that userbase to dev for.

MS tried to interconnect PC and Xbox development through UWP but that has turned shit because MS insists on monopolizing the backend on their store so I don't see PC and Xbox becoming more interconnected anytime soon and developers certainly are not getting much more benefit from it than regular porting games through other means. In fact, if you pay attention to the majority of those 200 games the PS4 has over the Xbox they are also on PC. If anything developers are rather releasing games on PC+PS4 than PC+X1 and each month you can see the lists of release games that Solid posts it is the same thing: PS4+PC only games are more than X1+PC only games. Sometimes 5 or 6 more per month. Exactly because PS4+PC is a much bigger market than X1+PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Pedro

@davillain- said:

@Pedro: Yes, MS is bringing Halo Infinite to PC (Windows 10) and the reason why I said "unless you want to play Halo" is the fact MCC isn't on PC at all, well not yet anyways. So yeah, Halo Infinite is coming to PC and it's been years since after Halo 2 had a PC port.

If MS do stick with the play anywhere mantra more gamers would be able play games on their preferred platform. Consoles and PCs have become redundant hardware with artificial barriers introduced by Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. If streaming pushes gaming more to hardware agnostic platform with greater focus on the games and less on the hardware all of this redundancy can go the way of the dinosaurs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@BenjaminBanklin: I’m sure if Matt was delivering pro PS4 news you wouldn’t be so angry.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Merging the Xbox platform with pc has left a sour taste for many people.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Steppy_76

@robert_sparkes said:

Merging the Xbox platform with pc has left a sour taste for many people.

Mostly cows. MS could care less whether you buy software for the PC or Xbox.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 BenjaminBanklin
@boycie said:

@BenjaminBanklin: I’m sure if Matt was delivering pro PS4 news you would be so angry.

I don't give a **** about the Pro. All this everybody wins garbage makes my eyes roll. If Mat kept giving Sony "atta boys" while they were in third place every month, that would be horseshit too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@BenjaminBanklin: you take this to seriously

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BenjaminBanklin
@boycie said:

@BenjaminBanklin: you take this to seriously

Team Xbox has been full defense force in this thread and it's us that take this too serious. LOL!

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I bought the X early this month, i was buying RDR2 anyway with the xtra $100 off and my trade in was a no brainer. Plenty of others were too as the only bundles left were PUBG at Gamespots in my area. And I already have it.

Best investment I have made. I have been using this thing so much my microwave is jealous. Trust me it is not marginal. It's a whole step above the Pro. Not saying Pro sucks by any means it just looks better on X especially on a good 4k tv.

Look there are people that invest a lot into their home entertainment sysytems and much like the beginning of the Gen when they hear things run better with one over the other, they are going to get the best one. Especially the ones that prefer the Multi PLats anyway like Call of Duty, Madden, Red Dead 2 etc. One (Just one of many) of the big reasons for PS4s big early lead. We all know it was not for the sparse lineup in the first 3 years.

The X is awesome and if you are on the fence, it's time. Also when new consoles come out you are still probably going to get at least $200-250 towards trade in! Treat Yo Self!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@the-a-baum: I agree. I don’t even have a 4K TV yet, that’s coming soon. But even on a 1080p screen the difference is significant due to the super sampling and much faster hardware.

Seems so well made and quiet as well

I sold my switch to get mine as I’d finished BotW and nothing on the horizon interest me as much as RDR2 and FH4

Zappat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Zappat

@the-a-baum said:

I bought the X early this month, i was buying RDR2 anyway with the xtra $100 off and my trade in was a no brainer. Plenty of others were too as the only bundles left were PUBG at Gamespots in my area. And I already have it.

Best investment I have made. I have been using this thing so much my microwave is jealous. Trust me it is not marginal. It's a whole step above the Pro. Not saying Pro sucks by any means it just looks better on X especially on a good 4k tv.

Look there are people that invest a lot into their home entertainment sysytems and much like the beginning of the Gen when they hear things run better with one over the other, they are going to get the best one. Especially the ones that prefer the Multi PLats anyway like Call of Duty, Madden, Red Dead 2 etc. One (Just one of many) of the big reasons for PS4s big early lead. We all know it was not for the sparse lineup in the first 3 years.

The X is awesome and if you are on the fence, it's time. Also when new consoles come out you are still probably going to get at least $200-250 towards trade in! Treat Yo Self!

Lol sounds like a MS paid advertisement. No thanks. Wasting $500 on a slight pixel bump with no exclusive games when in less than two years the new PS is going to release? The no brainer here is to just wait. Or just save the money and invest on a PC that will run the games better anyways if you care so much about pixels.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Steppy_76

Mine arrives tomorrow. For a system that had "no games" I've got 200+ games on my s installed right now. The vast majority are multiplatform. If I had a ps4 the vast majority would be multiplatform. The only issue I have with cows are the dumb no games and no reason to buy an xbox one crowd.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#126 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts
@Steppy_76 said:

Mine arrives tomorrow. For a system that had "no games" I've got 200+ games on my s installed right now. The vast majority are multiplatform. If I had a ps4 the vast majority would be multiplatform. The only issue I have with cows are the dumb no games and no reason to buy an xbox one crowd.

Man you should have been here last gen. Roles completely reversed.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Steppy_76

@Zero_epyon said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Well, I was here last gen, I remember well. The PS3 was arguably weaker on multiplats and more expensive. This gen the xbox started out weaker and more expensive so that makes sense. If sony would release a first party dual shock with the dpad and left stick flipped(at least as an option)I'd have gotten a PS4 instead of a one. I have since gotten a 4kTV so an X fits perfectly

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

He completely destroyed you. Is that your real response?

Talk about being completely wrecked lol.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

MonsterBox crushing it!!!

Good times... baby!! :P

Love it.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

A phenomenal flop

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Steppy_76

@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

If we were talking about an activity where an actual score is kept, Ben would have a point. However when talking about console sales there is not always a "winner" and "loser". If one machine sells 300k and one sells 290k one is the "winner" and the other is a "loser"? No in situations like this there can be multiple "winners". This isn't a game of football.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By kenshiro3948
@Steppy_76 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

If we were talking about an activity where an actual score is kept, Ben would have a point. However when talking about console sales there is not always a "winner" and "loser". If one machine sells 300k and one sells 290k one is the "winner" and the other is a "loser"? No in situations like this there can be multiple "winners". This isn't a game of football.

lol, whatever helps you sleep at night.

There's definitely a winner and loser this gen when it comes to the console war between Sony and MS. MS got their ass completely handed to them. The gap isn't a mere 10k like your example, it's over 50 million units and MS has lost billions trying to stay competitive with Sony this gen.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Steppy_76

@kenshiro3948 said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

lol, whatever helps you sleep at night.

There are definitely winner and losers this gen when it comes to the console war between Sony and MS. MS got their ass completely handed to them.

Ms "getting their ass handed to them" doesn't mean they lost. If they are making money, have a nice ecosystem they've built up, and have increase possible revenue streams and maximizing those streams that is not a loss.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Xbox One X and Gamepass are killin it. Just saw Strange Brigade and Mutant Year Zero are coming to Gamepass next week. Its criminal the value you get with Gamepass, just had it for a couple weeks and already saving hundreds of dollars off games i would have purchased and playing games not worth full price but worth it through gamepass.

Got my year of gamepass for$70 so can just keep getting it during black friday deals.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Xabiss

@the-a-baum said:

Seriously great post man. I have my X for mutiplats, Pro for exclusives, and Switch for mobility. I couldn't be happier this gen. This may go down as one of my favorite gens of all time. We have had such great multiplats and exclusives this gen. Really excited to see what everyone does next gen.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By kenshiro3948

@Steppy_76: They’ve made money and also lost a lot of money this gen. No way to know how much net profit they’ve made if at all so your claims that “they’ve made money” is unsubstantiated. Until MS opens their books and shows how much money they’ve really pulled in with net profits I’d say they’ve lost big time and are the losers of this gen.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@kenshiro3948 said:

@Steppy_76: They’ve made money and also lost a lot of money this gen. No way to know how much net profit they’ve made if at all so your claims that “they’ve made money” is unsubstantiated. Until MS opens their books and shows how much money they’ve really pulled in with net profits I’d say they’ve lost big time and are the losers of this gen.

SHHHOOOCCKKKEERRRRRR!!! A super cow calling MS losers this gen because HE doesn't believe they've made a profit. In other news, WATER IS WET.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts
@Steppy_76 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Well, I was here last gen, I remember well. The PS3 was arguably weaker on multiplats and more expensive. This gen the xbox started out weaker and more expensive so that makes sense. If sony would release a first party dual shock with the dpad and left stick flipped(at least as an option)I'd have gotten a PS4 instead of a one. I have since gotten a 4kTV so an X fits perfectly

I meant in terms of which platform had games according to each faction. Lems were the ones claiming the PS3 had now games because of how slowly games were developed. Of course, PS3 had plenty of games, especially later in the gen and that's how they managed to close the gap in sales, despite starting a year later and much more expensive.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Steppy_76 said:

I meant in terms of which platform had games according to each faction. Lems were the ones claiming the PS3 had now games because of how slowly games were developed. Of course, PS3 had plenty of games, especially later in the gen and that's how they managed to close the gap in sales, despite starting a year later and much more expensive.

Nah, massive price drops, cheapest BR player and name brand is how they closed the gap.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

The same lemming suspects are always crying...

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Steppy_76

@kingtito said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Steppy_76 said:

Nah, massive price drops, cheapest BR player and name brand is how they closed the gap.

If you actually look, it was Japan. The sales delta between the ps3 and xbox 360 in japan is almost the same as the "headstart" the 360 had in its first year on the market. Japan also may be the reason MS may never be able to win a generation worldwide as they automatically sell virtually zero in one of the top 5 biggest markets

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BenjaminBanklin
@Steppy_76 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

No, I suppose not, because in an actual football game the losing team doesn't get to hide their score. Can you imagine if Xbox was an NFL team? It would be chaos! They would claim "viewer engagement" as a victory instead of scores, declare themselves playoff hopefuls after winning one game, bribe ESPN for good coverage, drastically drop the price of their tickets to insane levels to artificially boost attendance, and would make a move to not only get their draft picks for next year, but demand everyone else's as well.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Steppy_76

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

No, I suppose not, because in an actual football game the losing team doesn't get to hide their score. Can you imagine if Xbox was an NFL team? It would be chaos! They would claim "viewer engagement" as a victory instead of scores, declare themselves playoff hopefuls after winning one game, bribe ESPN for good coverage, drastically drop the price of their tickets to insane levels to artificially boost attendance, and would make a move to not only get their draft picks for next year, but demand everyone else's as well.

:rolleyes

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By kenshiro3948
@kingtito said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

SHHHOOOCCKKKEERRRRRR!!! A super cow calling MS losers this gen because HE doesn't believe they've made a profit. In other news, WATER IS WET.

One of the saltiest lemmings and Xbox zealots is damage controlling for his losing console. WHAT AN EPIC SHOCKER!

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By kenshiro3948
@Steppy_76 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Steppy_76 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

:rolleyes

He's right. MS are the kings of damage control and goal post moving.

They are losing the console war badly and keep trying to change the definition of winning to seem like they are still competitive. You can't have two winners in a business like this. One company has to lose market share for another to gain, and in this generation MS has lost a lot of market share to Sony's benefit. The fact that they hide their numbers proves for a fact that they are aware that they are losing. All you need to do is to look at Nintendo. Nintendo feels they have a winner in the Switch and they are proud to post their numbers every fiscal report to show us how well their console is selling. MS in stark contrast, stopped reporting their actual Xbox sales numbers in 2015 due to embarrassment at how much they've fallen compared to Sony this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@knight-k: Zappy & ken are alts, and the only people owned are you cows as i never mentioned sales to begin with, but my swipe at you cows got you guys upset that you all responded lol.

#staymypuppets

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#148 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@zappat: "I'm 100% capable of criticizing Sony and even ditching them if they **** up a thing I don't think many lemmings here are capable of."

Nonsense. Why, I ditched Sony years ago

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#149  Edited By mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

As long Sony and Nintendo beat the shit out of the Xbone in US, it's all good.

Yeah, yeah, XboneX is doing "phenomenally", yet it is outsold by both.

"Xbox One sales show the highest growth of the three major hardware platforms in the U.S. this year, and the Xbox One X in particular has been performing phenomenally.

Btw. ONE IMPORTANT THING IS what all reporters trying to ignore DELIBERATELY( and Xbone fans here ) is that Xbone had sold like piece of crap last year in US. It's easy to beat last years bad numbers with heavy promotions throughout this whole year, not just holidays price-cut.

EDIT :

Even Zhuge mentioned the same thing as me :

ZhugeEX said:

The main point is that Xbox One sales in 2017 were lower than any other prior year in the US (excluding 2013). In 2018 the unit sales are more inline with 2015/16 which were the two peak years for the system. It remains to be seen whether Xbox One will have a record year, but it's still significantly up from last year.

It goes to show the impact that the Xbox One X release has had on Xbox One family sales in the US. The PS4 has seen a similar thing as well with sales notably up from last year.

Whilst there are multiple reasons why total sales are up, it is worth noting that One X and Pro are one of the main reasons.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-one-x-performing-phenomenally-says-npd.83961/page-2#post-15495724

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Xabiss

This shit is just cracking me up. An analyst comes out and says the Xbox One X is selling well and fanboys are just losing their shit. Do you even really give a shit that the X1X is selling well, honestly? You have already dominated the gen so why do you have to shit on anything good happening for Microsoft?

Now that is ass hurt. You fanboys can't just come in and say oh surprised maybe the X1X, NOT THE BASE UNIT, is selling better then we thought. Oh hell no it is pure defense mode and it is funny as hell! Sorry it is just pure levels of sad going on.

My prediction is Sony will dominate this holiday. That still does not mean the X couldn't of had really good sales for the cost of the machine.