Xbox One X 'performing phenomenally' says NPD

#51 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@zappat said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

You didn't answer the man's question. You did exactly like I predicted. You're spinning and damage control and totally avoiding his question. You're a predictable joke and a buffoon at this point lol.

He's sort of answering without really answering. It's clear he doesn't think it is doing well but he can't explicitly say it because the part of his brain dedicated to MS unconditional devotion would short-circuit lol.

Most accurate description of IPdaily ever.

Got all the cows (alts & all) in a spin, dance for me my puppets lol.

Lol, what's up with lemmings accusing cows of being alts when they get owend?

It's a fallacy. By trying to undermine the person that is giving the argument they think they beat the argument. It's how little kids debate because they can't do better lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#52 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23384 posts) -
@boycie said:

@SolidGame_basic: he has a point though. Outside of SW do you actually give a shit how well your console is selling? You don’t actually win anything.

Exactly, so why is he mentioning it? Sounds like he is writing on twitter reactions than actual real world.

#53 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@boycie said:

@SolidGame_basic: he has a point though. Outside of SW do you actually give a shit how well your console is selling? You don’t actually win anything.

You do. If the system you own sells more it gets more support so you get a direct benefit from it.

#54 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@zappat: fair point, but with 40 million sold its not like the users base is tiny and pretty much all 3rd party games come to both.

#55 Edited by kuu2 (10934 posts) -

The salty Cow jerky in this thread is delicious.

MMMMMMMMMMMM good!

#56 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@boycie said:

@zappat: fair point, but with 40 million sold its not like the users base is tiny and pretty much all 3rd party games come to both.

The PS4 has like 200 (don't remember exactly) more games with more than 80 in Metacritic than the Xbox this gen so it does make a difference specially with niche games and indie devs that have limited resources.

#57 Posted by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@zappat said:
@knight-k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@knight-k said:
@zappat said:

He's sort of answering without really answering. It's clear he doesn't think it is doing well but he can't explicitly say it because the part of his brain dedicated to MS unconditional devotion would short-circuit lol.

Most accurate description of IPdaily ever.

Got all the cows (alts & all) in a spin, dance for me my puppets lol.

Lol, what's up with lemmings accusing cows of being alts when they get owend?

It's a fallacy. By trying to undermine the person that is giving the argument they think they beat the argument. It's how little kids debate because they can't do better lol.

Yup, needs to be a rule in calling someone out to be an alt with no real proof though.

@kuu2 said:

The salty jerky in this thread is delicious.

MMMMMMMMMMMM good!

"T..th..the..salt! huehueheheu!!!" Meanwhile PS4 double the sales of Xbone

#58 Posted by SecretPolice (34153 posts) -

MonsterBox crushing it!!!

Good times... baby!! :P

#59 Posted by Techhog89 (3090 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

It's like you didn't even read the article. Also, I don't think you understand the first meme you used at all.

#60 Posted by ReCloud (4423 posts) -

When you used to sell 1 and now is selling 10, you had a big growth in sales, doesn't mean you're selling a lot.

A failure will always be a failure.

#61 Posted by sealionact (3227 posts) -

@zappat: And yet we know that Xbox has had way better support than PS4.

More and better updates, with more features.

The only sensible people who should rejoice at PS4 selling more are the shareholders, employees and the executive.

If a console sells so poorly that it is no longer supported, then - and only then - should owners feel let down.

#62 Edited by ni6htmare01 (3593 posts) -

Still waiting for MS to report the numbers lol

#63 Posted by robert_sparkes (1749 posts) -

Still waiting until next generation.

#64 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -

@sealionact said:

The only sensible people who should rejoice at PS4 selling more are the shareholders, employees and the executive.

If a console sells so poorly that it is no longer supported, then - and only then - should owners feel let down.

Well as a gamer, I prefer support on games than on features but I understand how lemmings prefer other things than games lol. Which features btw? Is not like Sony hasn't provided updates or features.

#65 Posted by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@sealionact said:

What bullshit.

Better support? Only thing Xbone has over PS4 is backwards compatibility that's it.

Lemmings are so weird, games don't matter to them it seems. Oh but I remember the 360 days, "bu PS3 has no exclusivezzz!"

#66 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@zappat: what game are you play at the moment out of interest?

#67 Posted by SecretPolice (34153 posts) -

@techhog89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

It's like you didn't even read the article. Also, I don't think you understand the first meme you used at all.

So much butthurt, so little time...I love the smell of smoked tenderized bovine in the morning..

lololol :P

#68 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -

@boycie said:

@zappat: what game are you play at the moment out of interest?

Since I'm crazy with work now, I barely have time to play but I started Subnautica and Crosscode since they were recommended on the GOTY thread. I also got Xcom2 on sale since I never played it before but I haven't started it yet.

Why? are you going to start analyzing my gaming habits now? lol

#69 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1436 posts) -

What does that actually mean though? If the sales are so "phenomenal", then where's the actual sales data to back that up?

Just give us the numbers already.

#70 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@zappat: no it’s just you was accusing Xbox gamers of not being real gamers and I just wondered what a real gamer actually played.

#71 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@boycie said:

@zappat: no it’s just you was accusing Xbox gamers of not being real gamers and I just wondered what a real gamer actually played.

Games, not features 😎

#72 Edited by jahnee (3863 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@jahnee said:

No surprise here. Xbox one X is a masterclass of a console. 4K gaming and 4K Blu Rays look like a generation ahead. My favorite console of all time I'd say. I also could snatch a 55" Sony XE-70 VA panel for decent HDR. Once you go HDR there is a hard time going back. The X delivers the goods.

I run all of my games through a LG 32ud99 32" IPS 4K HDR monitor with FreeSync support and everything looks great. Just way overpriced, but I do still love it. Hell the Switch even looks good on this monitor and games like God of War/Spiderman are just breathtaking.

Looks like a top of the line monitor, lots of colour coverage from what I read. Your IPS panel should beat a VA panel though, for example my XE-70 is at 4000:1 superior to IPS. Micro-led is the total future though, basically what OLED should have been...

#73 Posted by Techhog89 (3090 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:
@techhog89 said:
@SecretPolice said:

So much butthurt, so little time...I love the smell of smoked tenderized bovine in the morning..

lololol :P

I can't tell if you're playing dumb or literally didn't read the article.

So, I've been called a sheep, a hermit, and a cow now... Am I the Legendary Manticore? :O

#74 Edited by SecretPolice (34153 posts) -

@techhog89:

Legendary angry fanboy is more like it. lol:P

#75 Posted by Techhog89 (3090 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

@techhog89:

Legendary angry fanboy is more like it. lol:P

What rage?

#76 Posted by sts106mat (24721 posts) -
@zappat said:
@boycie said:

Games, not features 😎

you are full of shit Kuraimen. You only play on PC, still don't own a PS4 and yet sing for sony all the time.

Plus you are playing games that have been available for years.

PS Xcom 2 is awesome.

#77 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@sts106mat said:
@zappat said:
@boycie said:

Games, not features 😎

you are full of shit Kuraimen. You only play on PC, still don't own a PS4 and yet sing for sony all the time.

PS Xcom 2 is awesome.

Oh the psychic-lem. I was missing that one lol

"for years" I don't think you know what that means

#78 Posted by sealionact (3227 posts) -

@knight-k: Careful, wouldn't want you to get banned again.... I guess I hit a sore spot, but by all means prove me wrong. You talking about BC has ended the debate right there..

You switching the subject, when the subject was support - not games - is pretty par for the course, and I'd still rather have the best versions of 3rd party games as well as a few exclusives on Xbox over a few exclusives on PS4 anyday.

#79 Edited by sts106mat (24721 posts) -
@zappat said:
@sts106mat said:
@zappat said:
@boycie said:

Games, not features 😎

PS Xcom 2 is awesome.

Oh the psychic-lem. I was missing that one lol

"for years" I don't think you know what that means

still no denial / rebuttal Kuraimen?

you didn't own a ps3 and had to go to the library to post on SW.

You are a fake gamer.

#80 Posted by sealionact (3227 posts) -

@zappat: Oh you know. Things like BC, or at least not asking me to pay to stream a game I already own. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Official support for kB/m. Alexa support. Support for 120hz monitors and TVs. AMD Freesync ... Off the top of my head.

Last big feature for ps4 That I can remember was hdr, and that was yonks ago.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#81 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -

Yet another thread where all the lems pretend they bought the $500 version of the console no one wanted in the first place. How many revisions of Xbox One are they going to make that'll continue to get wrecked by Sony? This has been one amazing thread backfire.

#82 Posted by xantufrog (10072 posts) -

@sealionact: "Support for 120hz monitors and TVs"

What's the point of them advertising this? It has no games that run above 60Hz. Actually, a relatively small proportion of its library even targets 60.

This is like saying the Wii supports 1080p TVs... Because yes, a 1080p TV will display its signal

#83 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@zappat: Oh you know. Things like BC, or at least not asking me to pay to stream a game I already own. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Official support for kB/m. Alexa support. Support for 120hz monitors and TVs. AMD Freesync ... Off the top of my head.

Lol so a bunch of things except games? Yeah ok lemmings, if the gaming industry wants to keep being about gaming I sure hope you guys never take charge. But anyways the PS4 also has stuff that the xbox doesn't like being able to play free games actually for free without having to pay an online fee. So whatever, games >>>>>>>>>>>> all that crap. And the PS4 is beating the shit out of the X1 in games and that's why they are leading the GAMING industry. Maybe the features industry will take the Xbox as its posterboy lol.

The PS4 has has kb/m support since the start btw so the xbox actually had to catch up with that lol.

#84 Posted by Pedro (32033 posts) -

Wow the Sony fannies continue to suffer massive meltdowns with perpetual good news from Xbox and Switch. These last few weeks has been rough. So rough that a dancing game is their only game of refuge. 😂🤣

#85 Posted by DaVillain- (32975 posts) -

Rather you admit it or but, Xbox One X is still the most powerful console available in the gaming market. And I have stated this many times, if you aren't into PC gaming, aren't passion for gaming PC (like me) then owning an Xbox One X is totally worth it in my opinion. If you have a badass PC, it's really hard for me to recommend anyone buying it, MS just happens to porting their games on PC, I just don't see a reason why I would owning Xbox One X, unless you want to play Halo, then by all means, go buy Xbox One X.

#86 Edited by knight-k (2160 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@knight-k: Careful, wouldn't want you to get banned again.... I guess I hit a sore spot, but by all means prove me wrong. You talking about BC has ended the debate right there..

You switching the subject, when the subject was support - not games - is pretty par for the course, and I'd still rather have the best versions of 3rd party games as well as a few exclusives on Xbox over a few exclusives on PS4 anyday.

Cope/10

LOL, "bu..bu.. I would rather have more features than exclusives cow!!!hurhurhrurhur" LMFAO! Do you not understand how you're owning yourself? If you want the most features and best 3rd party versions, buy a PC, you know the platform where all these glorious Xbone "exclusives" are also playable.

The real sore spot is the fact that Xbone has been humiliated in the two things that really matter, games and sales. Marginal graphical differences between Pro and X is laughable. (btw most lemmings still have the original xbone, you know the one that's weaker than the og PS4 LOL)

And the original subject is Xbone "outperforming". Meanwhile PS4 has sold more and MS still doesn't release any official sales numbers...hmm why would that be lemming?

#87 Posted by SecretPolice (34153 posts) -

And it continues...

My goodness, I can't imagine next gen when Super Mighty XXX Scarlet trounces PS Jive in everything including sales. Good SW times ahead. lol :P

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#88 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3287 posts) -
@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

Lol so a bunch of things except games? Yeah ok lemmings, if the gaming industry wants to keep being about gaming I sure hope you guys never take charge. But anyways the PS4 also has stuff that the xbox doesn't like being able to play free games actually for free without having to pay an online fee. So whatever, games >>>>>>>>>>>> all that crap. And the PS4 is beating the shit out of the X1 in games and that's why they are leading the GAMING industry. Maybe the features industry will take the Xbox as its posterboy lol.

The PS4 has has kb/m support since the start btw so the xbox actually had to catch up with that lol.

Exactly. MS keeps adding all this shit to Xbox that few will take advantage of, only to yank it later if they need to sell more boxes. Who the hell asked for 4K physical media? That was just a cheap way to sell Xbox to a market that doesn't even play games to boost Xbox One's numbers. And it failed. So here comes the discless box! Just a bunch of dumb features that no one uses that only exist to make their fanboys pretend it's worth fighting for. This took priority over games for Xbox.

#89 Edited by Archangel3371 (26431 posts) -

Sounds really good to me. The Xbox One X is a really good system and Microsoft has been doing a lot of good things to help right the ship so it was bound to start paying off.

#90 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

Exactly. MS keeps adding all this shit to Xbox that few will take advantage of, only to yank it later if they need to sell more boxes. Who the hell asked for 4K physical media? That was just a cheap way to sell Xbox to a market that doesn't even play games to boost Xbox One's numbers. And it failed. So here comes the discless box! Just a bunch of dumb features that no one uses that only exist to make their fanboys pretend it's worth fighting for. This took priority over games for Xbox.

Yeah sadly fanboyism has turned lemmings into actually attacking games and defending features. This is why I think MS is sort of toxic for gaming in a way, no other "gaming" company focuses so little in actual games. Which is not so surprising considering MS motivation to come into gaming was to promote a feature: DirectX.

#91 Posted by Alucard_Prime (9873 posts) -

It's a great console and I couldn't be happier with mine. Nice to see the continued growth, but I'm not too concerned about sales because I know Microsoft is in it for the long game, it's not like 2-3 years ago where we had little information about their future plans, now they bought all those studios and time and time again stated how gaming is important for the company.

They're also investing in the gaming scene in various ways and not just exclusives, their adaptive controller for the disabled is winning multiple awards including Time's best 50 inventions, they have their own streaming platform Mixer which is getting more and more recognition for its cleaner atmosphere in comparison to Twitch. BC keeps getting better and better, Game pass seems to be doing well. The point is Xbox is not going anywhere for now and that's quite clear to me, not really interested in all the little details about sales to be honest.

#92 Posted by svaubel (4093 posts) -

Good on MS. Must be selling off RDR2 alone then, Ive literally only bought one game for the Xbone this entire year.

#93 Edited by WitIsWisdom (5038 posts) -

I mean, it's a good console, but when the sales were so low last year, and there are discounts on the console this year it was bound to happen. I'm not discrediting anything but the numbers also show it is getting destroyed on multiple fronts. Good for it for picking up steam, but the brand has a lot of catching up to do like SONY did last gen.

#94 Posted by sealionact (3227 posts) -

@zappat: How dense are you? Games are software. Software that you pay for in the vast majority of cases.

You claimed Sony had better support because it sold more, asked me what support Xbox had, dismissed the features (obviously) and changed the subject to games!

Unbelievable.

#95 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@zappat: How dense are you? Games are software. Software that you pay for in the vast majority of cases.

You claimed Sony had better support because it sold more, asked me what support Xbox had, dismissed the features (obviously) and changed the subject to games!

Unbelievable.

My initial point was about support in games. That's why I mentioned the PS4 has like 200 more games than the Xbox on Metacritic with over 80 score, this extra support is due to PS4 being much more successful. You lemmings don't even know how to read you just respond in kneejerk reactions out of butthurt or what? lol

#96 Edited by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@zappat said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

Yeah sadly fanboyism has turned lemmings into actually attacking games and defending features. This is why I think MS is sort of toxic for gaming in a way, no other "gaming" company focuses so little in actual games. Which is not so surprising considering MS motivation to come into gaming was to promote a feature: DirectX.

Do you guys actually read the shite you post or does it just fall naturally from your anus?

#97 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -
@boycie said:
@zappat said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

Do you guys actually read the drivel you post or does it just fall naturally from your anus?

#98 Posted by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@zappat said:
@boycie said:
@zappat said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@zappat said:

Do you guys actually read the drivel you post or does it just fall naturally from your anus?

You stand out as the biggest fanboy on SW.

#99 Posted by Zappat (1207 posts) -

@boycie said:
@zappat said:
@boycie said:
@zappat said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You stand out as the biggest fanboy on SW.

I just cause you PTSD because I own you too often but I'm actually pretty reasonable. Much more than most hardcore lemmings here that's for sure. For starters I'm 100% capable of criticizing Sony and even ditching them if they **** up a thing I don't think many lemmings here are capable of.

#100 Edited by Boycie (4566 posts) -

@zappat: don’t build your part up. The only person you ever own is your self with the amount of drivel you post.

Also I can be critical of the Xbox . For instance the UI is fucking awful!