Why Cant PS3 Fans Admit the 360 has a better game library? (Proof inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Because, people have opinions. Fascinating right? Jesus, people on System Wars. Can't you understand that people have tastes in games and opinions? I own both the X360 and the PS3 and play the X360 more for your information. 

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="lild1425"]

Also true. I now see the pitfall of the statement. Something can have a low price tag and a ton of games, but doesn't mean it has any quality or quality games for that matter.

MonsieurX

The Wii actually has more high rated games than the PS3 also. Just saying.

Highly doubt it,have you counted them?

My mistake, after looking at the Wii on Metacritic it's not even close. Surprising how little the amount of high scoring games the Wii has.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

Preference.lild1425

Indeed. Personally,i enjoy ps3 and 360 games equally. i dont see why both consoles cant coexist.. well unless you're a 12 year old pimple faced kid who is attached to a peice of plastic...or Heil68..but there is no difference between the two :lol:

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
because it doesn't
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts
on metacritic and the spreadsheet for sure... Cows are just desperate for headlines lately after getting smacked around this gen.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

Games that are well received by critics are usually good. I'm not sure how you can say that good games aren't relevant to core gamers. When I buy a console, I buy it because of the games. It was the reason I bought the PS2 and the reason I bought the 360, and it will be the reason I buy my next console.

There's just no denying the 360 library is more well received by critics, I just can't understand why it is so hard for PS3 fans to admit that, it's the truth.

Miketheman83
If we were talking about a couple years into the generation, you would be right but since 2009/2010, Microsoft hasn't really done squat. I figure its only a matter of time before we see something like Halo - Fitness Evolved. Metacritic ratings also don't mean too much. I mean one of my favorite Xbox games of all time, Unreal Championship 2 - The Liandri Conflict scored an 85 yet only sold about half a million copies I believe. Then you see games with much lower scores selling millions of copies.

Despite what lies you might have heard on this site, the 360 has had more high scoring games every single year and that's the truth.

Yet I would like to know exactly what they are. Because aside from family gimmicks, I have not had any new retail games to play on my 360 that I can't already play on my PS3 as well besides Halo, Forza and Gears since 2010. And while Halo 4 might have an 87 rating, it doesn't even feel like Halo anymore without Bungie. 343 has turned the series into a Call of Duty clone. Meanwhile my favorite games on both systems have had rather low ratings. Now whether it is Gamespot, IGN or Metacritic, games get high ratings based on hype. Same goes with any product for that matter. Just look at all the kids running around with Beats by Dr Dre on their heads. That's 100.00 headphones at a 300.00 price. I bet they get rated better than Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic though.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If we were talking about a couple years into the generation, you would be right but since 2009/2010, Microsoft hasn't really done squat. I figure its only a matter of time before we see something like Halo - Fitness Evolved. Metacritic ratings also don't mean too much. I mean one of my favorite Xbox games of all time, Unreal Championship 2 - The Liandri Conflict scored an 85 yet only sold about half a million copies I believe. Then you see games with much lower scores selling millions of copies.Murderstyle75
Despite what lies you might have heard on this site, the 360 has had more high scoring games every single year and that's the truth.

Yet I would like to know exactly what they are. Because aside from family gimmicks, I have not had any new retail games to play on my 360 that I can't already play on my PS3 as well besides Halo, Forza and Gears since 2010. And while Halo 4 might have an 87 rating, it doesn't even feel like Halo anymore without Bungie. 343 has turned the series into a Call of Duty clone. Meanwhile my favorite games on both systems have had rather low ratings. Now whether it is Gamespot, IGN or Metacritic, games get high ratings based on hype. Same goes with any product for that matter. Just look at all the kids running around with Beats by Dr Dre on their heads. That's 100.00 headphones at a 300.00 price. I bet they get rated better than Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic though.

A couple months ago we got Witcher 2,Forza Horizon, Trials Evolution, Fez, Halo 4, Minecraft, Dust; An ElysianTale, Sine Mora just to name a few.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 Murderstyle75
And yet The Witcher 2 is also a dumbed down port available on Windows and OSX. We got more played out Halo and Forza and a bunch of XBLA titles that have the technology that could run on either a low end laptop or a Mobile OS. Great reason to own a 300.00 console though. right? Is Halo and Forza really the only games that Microsoft Studios has any kind of budget for? But we are getting a new Gears of War as well. So predictable. Meanwhile, Microsoft had more disc based exclusive games in 2005 than we have seen in the last three years put together. The platform is getting very bland and so many projects with great potential got the red light in favor I'd more Dance & Fitness soccer mom crap. Kinect Nike Training must be a great reason to own a console though.
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 Mr720fan
why do we have to pretend that Sony won this gen? I dont get the hate, xbox 720 is going to have a better library too. Thank you very much, cant wait for the RTS with that 8 gig of RAM.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
why do we have to pretend that Sony won this gen? I dont get the hate, xbox 720 is going to have a better library too. Thank you very much, cant wait for the RTS with that 8 gig of RAM.Mr720fan
Can you give me your magic ball?
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 Mr720fan
higher percentage that xbox 720 is going to have the better graphics card next gen, that hasnt been announced yet either, and thank you very much for the DRAM which im sure they will up to 64. 1080P camera Kinect, come on man, its over. hahaha we shall see =D cant wait, am pumped up by MS again.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
higher percentage that xbox 720 is going to have the better graphics card next gen, that hasnt been announced yet either, and thank you very much for the DRAM which im sure they will up to 64. 1080P camera Kinect, come on man, its over. hahaha we shall see =D cant wait, am pumped up by MS again. Mr720fan
Can't wait already for you to hit level 10 I'm so excited
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 Miketheman83
And yet The Witcher 2 is also a dumbed down port available on Windows and OSX. We got more played out Halo and Forza and a bunch of XBLA titles that have the technology that could run on either a low end laptop or a Mobile OS. Great reason to own a 300.00 console though. right? Is Halo and Forza really the only games that Microsoft Studios has any kind of budget for? But we are getting a new Gears of War as well. So predictable. Meanwhile, Microsoft had more disc based exclusive games in 2005 than we have seen in the last three years put together. The platform is getting very bland and so many projects with great potential got the red light in favor I'd more Dance & Fitness soccer mom crap. Kinect Nike Training must be a great reason to own a console though.Murderstyle75
That's a cool opinion bro. Fact of the matter is that it's still a lot more than what the PS3 got so meh...
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#718 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

That's all fine and dandy. I'll just stick to playing the inarguably best versions of all multiplats, exponentially more exclusives than all the consoles combined, and always free online, with more features than any console's pay2play service has. 

And just for this particular debate, I'll add in that of the tiny handful of games I give two sh!ts about, that I can't get on PC, the vast majority are Playstation exclusives.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Lolwat

Psx, ps2, psn, and ps3 games are all part of the library.

I lol'd.

LOL, seems you have no argument whatsoever to counter that. Face it Mikey the PS3 destroys your precious RRODbox
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 Murderstyle75
In 2007 or 2008 maybe but since 2010, it has been all down hill. I mean what was the absolute last non Kinect, Non Arcade new 100% exclusive IP the 360 even had? I believe it was a generic snowboarding game called Stoked that released in Feb 2009 with a meta rating of 68. Too Human released in 2008 with a rating of 65. Sad though that even Bungie had to move to Activision just to gain the freedom to work on a new game and most of Rare left because Microsoft keep turning their projects down while turning them into a children's studio.
Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

Because it all comes down to opinion....and/or people are fanboys

Chutebox
Pretty much this.
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

GhettoBlastin92
Pretty much this.

Not really. Ps3 has benefits the Xbox does not have, which is psx and ps2
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724 Mr720fan
i cant see 36 or 37 entries, something must of happened =D
Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 Mr720fan
[QUOTE="Mr720fan"]higher percentage that xbox 720 is going to have the better graphics card next gen, that hasnt been announced yet either, and thank you very much for the DRAM which im sure they will up to 64. 1080P camera Kinect, come on man, its over. hahaha we shall see =D cant wait, am pumped up by MS again. MonsieurX
Can't wait already for you to hit level 10 I'm so excited

lol thanks so much.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

GhettoBlastin92
Pretty much this.

And opinions would be great if Microsoft actually still focused on game development over apps and dashboard ads. The original Xbox was excellent and the first half of this generation was not too shabby either. But what people should not be doing is glorifying a platform of meta scores made up of mostly XBLA games and multiplats. Because if these low budget arcade games had any kind of real relevance in this discussion, that would mean Android and iOS are the greatest gaming platforms we have based on games like Infinity Blade and Angry Birds. I mean what if Ouya ends up with excellent meta scores? Will that make the platform better than the next gen Xbox and Playstation just because a bunch of indie games score better among the critics?
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I still enjoyed the PS3s offerings much more, so I dont really care what the critics or sales say.

I know it sounds crazy, but some people think for themselves and develop these things called opinions.  Even critics do it!  So weird.

StaticOnTV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728 StaticOnTV
Member since 2013 • 597 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] If we were talking about a couple years into the generation, you would be right but since 2009/2010, Microsoft hasn't really done squat. I figure its only a matter of time before we see something like Halo - Fitness Evolved. Metacritic ratings also don't mean too much. I mean one of my favorite Xbox games of all time, Unreal Championship 2 - The Liandri Conflict scored an 85 yet only sold about half a million copies I believe. Then you see games with much lower scores selling millions of copies.Murderstyle75

You can play Alan wake on the PS3?
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#729 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Because people have their own opinions? :o
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730 Miketheman83
Because people have their own opinions? :oShadowsDemon
If you actually read my post I said its fine to prefer the PS3 games, at least have the nuts to admit the 360 has more games that are critically acclaimed though.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#731 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Because people have their own opinions? :oMiketheman83
If you actually read my post I said its fine to prefer the PS3 games, at least have the nuts to admit the 360 has more games that are critically acclaimed though.

It might be "better acclaimed", but it doesn't mean that the library is better, or as varied, or as appealing. I'll take my PS3 exclusives anyday...even though I am a Halo fanboy. :P
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#732 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

I counted retail games based on Metacritic. According to the site, it actually does have more retail exclusives rated between 70-100 than PS3, but a handful of them are Kinect. The two are actually pretty close with a slight 360 favor. Mike, don't pull your 200 more crap. We all know that number is beyond absurd.

Higher rated? It points that way according to MC. Better? Depends on preference. In my opinion, PS3 exclusive quality is better.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Even critical acclaim is still opinions.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely writing off the weight of a Metascore.  They're usually a good indicator of a games quality, or lack there of.  But I also know that all review scores are opinions and most of these "professional" reviewers these days are no more qualified to rate a game than any other random gamer out there.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734 lild1425

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Because people have their own opinions? :oConanTheStoner

Even critical acclaim is still opinions.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely writing off the weight of a Metascore.  They're usually a good indicator of a games quality, or lack there of.  But I also know that all review scores are opinions and most of these "professional" reviewers these days are no more qualified to rate a game than any other random gamer out there.

Agreed. MC is the probably the best we have but far from a slam dunk. Since it's an average, one review of a 3 can drastically skew the results of a game that everyone else gave around an 8 or 9. I've found games to be overrated/underrated compared to MC IMO.

They look at every aspect and take in technicality to a greater extent than I would while I usually base my personal scores more on a fun factor.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#735 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="GhettoBlastin92"][QUOTE="Chutebox"]

Murderstyle75

Pretty much this.

And opinions would be great if Microsoft actually still focused on game development over apps and dashboard ads. The original Xbox was excellent and the first half of this generation was not too shabby either. But what people should not be doing is glorifying a platform of meta scores made up of mostly XBLA games and multiplats. Because if these low budget arcade games had any kind of real relevance in this discussion, that would mean Android and iOS are the greatest gaming platforms we have based on games like Infinity Blade and Angry Birds. I mean what if Ouya ends up with excellent meta scores? Will that make the platform better than the next gen Xbox and Playstation just because a bunch of indie games score better among the critics?

Microsoft had a 3 year plan from the 360 launch in terms of exclusive software, after which it faded and they just rode the momentum until now. That same plan will be in effect for the next xbox, and they have set up quite a few new internal studios in the past 1-2 years that are working on next gen games.

My wish would be that Sony really give them good competition from the start next gen so that Microsoft is forced to pull all the punches when it comes to game support. In the end the gamer would win.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 lild1425

Microsoft had a 3 year plan from the 360 launch in terms of exclusive software, after which it faded and they just rode the momentum until now. That same plan will be in effect for the next xbox, and they have set up quite a few new internal studios in the past 1-2 years that are working on next gen games.

My wish would be that Sony really give them good competition from the start next gen so that Microsoft is forced to pull all the punches when it comes to game support. In the end the gamer would win.

RR360DD

Agree. Again. It was basically a tortoise and the hare competition except the hare slept at the beginning intstead of the middle....and it's not clear who finished first.

Okay, nevermind that...that was a terrible analogy.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I still enjoyed the PS3s offerings much more, so I dont really care what the critics or sales say.

I know it sounds crazy, but some people think for themselves and develop these things called opinions.  Even critics do it!  So weird.

ConanTheStoner
*head explodes*
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Despite what lies you might have heard on this site, the 360 has had more high scoring games every single year and that's the truth.

No but I just picked up both Alan Wake games on Steam a few weeks ago for 7.49 total. So much for it being an exclusive Microsoft IP. It's not even published by Microsoft on the PC.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Yet I would like to know exactly what they are. Because aside from family gimmicks, I have not had any new retail games to play on my 360 that I can't already play on my PS3 as well besides Halo, Forza and Gears since 2010. And while Halo 4 might have an 87 rating, it doesn't even feel like Halo anymore without Bungie. 343 has turned the series into a Call of Duty clone. Meanwhile my favorite games on both systems have had rather low ratings. Now whether it is Gamespot, IGN or Metacritic, games get high ratings based on hype. Same goes with any product for that matter. Just look at all the kids running around with Beats by Dr Dre on their heads. That's 100.00 headphones at a 300.00 price. I bet they get rated better than Sennheiser or Beyerdynamic though.

No but I just picked up both Alan Wake games on Steam a few weeks ago for 7.49 total. So much for it being an exclusive Microsoft IP. It's not even published by Microsoft on the PC.

PC has nothing to do with this conversation. We are comparing the 360 and PS3.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="StaticOnTV"] You can play Alan wake on the PS3?

Likewise the ps1 and the ps2 have nothing to do with this convo so why can't we count the games that are on the ps3 and those systems again? Lol lems really can only play with selective reasoning to "win". How dishonest to say the least.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] No but I just picked up both Alan Wake games on Steam a few weeks ago for 7.49 total. So much for it being an exclusive Microsoft IP. It's not even published by Microsoft on the PC.kuraimen

Likewise the ps1 and the ps2 have nothing to do with this convo so why can't we count the games that are on the ps3 and those systems again? Lol lems really can only play with selective reasoning to "win". How dishonest to say the least.

So you're saying the PS3 needs to use PS2 games to beat the 360 library? You realize that only makes the PS3 look worse right?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] PC has nothing to do with this conversation. We are comparing the 360 and PS3.

So you're saying the PS3 needs to use PS2 games to beat the 360 library? You realize that only makes the PS3 look worse right?

The 360 needs PC games to beat the PS3 library in the first place. Again stop being selective otherwise you look like a hypocrite.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] Likewise the ps1 and the ps2 have nothing to do with this convo so why can't we count the games that are on the ps3 and those systems again? Lol lems really can only play with selective reasoning to "win". How dishonest to say the least.

The 360 needs PC games to beat the PS3 library in the first place. Again stop being selective otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

The PC games the 360 gets are games released THIS GEN and arent on the PS3, they are a huge advantage of owning a 360 over a PS3.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744 kuraimen
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] So you're saying the PS3 needs to use PS2 games to beat the 360 library? You realize that only makes the PS3 look worse right?

The PC games the 360 gets are games released THIS GEN and arent on the PS3, they are a huge advantage of owning a 360 over a PS3.

Gosh you're pretty dumb. The PS2/PS1 games the PS3 gets are games that AREN'T on the 360, they are a huge advantage of owning a PS3 over a 360.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] The 360 needs PC games to beat the PS3 library in the first place. Again stop being selective otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

Gosh you're pretty dumb. The PS2/PS1 games the PS3 gets are games that AREN'T on the 360, they are a huge advantage of owning a PS3 over a 360.

The fact that you are trying to use games released last gen as an advantage for the PS3 leads me to believe you are mentally challenged.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] The 360 needs PC games to beat the PS3 library in the first place. Again stop being selective otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

No, the ps1/2 games are last generation games. the 360 gets NEW games that it shares with PC. Thats a huge difference. Who wants a ps3 for old @ss games anyways? 360 has the advantage. I'm always amused at how cows use PC as a meatshield when arguing ps3 vs 360 comparisons. They compare ps3 to 360 then throw pc in as a way to try and negate the fact that 360 has games that ps3 doesnt.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] The PC games the 360 gets are games released THIS GEN and arent on the PS3, they are a huge advantage of owning a 360 over a PS3.

No, the ps1/2 games are last generation games. the 360 gets NEW games that it shares with PC. Thats a huge difference. Who wants a ps3 for old @ss games anyways? 360 has the advantage. I'm always amused at how cows use PC as a meatshield when arguing ps3 vs 360 comparisons. They compare ps3 to 360 then throw pc in as a way to try and negate the fact that 360 has games that ps3 doesnt.

It's a "loophole" they have found to convince themselves and everyone else that the PS3 doesn't suck. Anybody with half a brain can see right through it though.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#749 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] The 360 needs PC games to beat the PS3 library in the first place. Again stop being selective otherwise you look like a hypocrite.kuraimen

The PC can play every one of those PS1 and PS2 games, so...

Sailor_Enlil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750 Sailor_Enlil
Member since 2003 • 1552 Posts

Let me know if the XBox360 will ever get a port of this game (which I'm waiting steadily for for my PS3)

http://www.play-asia.com/Hatsune_Miku_Project_DIVA_F/paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-5pch.html