Why Cant PS3 Fans Admit the 360 has a better game library? (Proof inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#801 dbene
Member since 2004 • 237 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Because according to Metacritic the PS3 has more high scoring retail games, more exclusives, more award winning games, more GOTY titles, more Graphics Kings, more variety in genres, more new IP's.

And plus on top of that ownage you must not remember the PS3 can play all PS1 games and some units play all PS2 games. OVERKILL. Lems aren't very good at facing facts though, that's why they like spinning the truth and playign with random numbers.

Miketheman83

I just counted every game on each console one by one. The 360 unarguably has more high rated games and I just proved that. The fact that you dont have the nuts to admit it shows how delusional you are and that no one should ever take your opinion seriously from this point on.

I am an Xbox fanboy even....but I have to say outside of Halo .....what does Xbox really bring to the exclusive table over PS3? i would say we have a stronger total gamebase (mainly from the headstart on launch issue)....but I would say the PS3 strong exclsusives like Metal Gear, Uncharted...the Show.....The Last of Us...etc......coupled with the fact that they had on major hardware failure issue (Red Ring) makes it a pretty close race. If I wasn't such a Live fan and major fan of the achievement (and just gamed for the fun of th games)....and I was going to buy a machine today I would say the PS3 would be very attractive to me.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#802 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="onewiththegame"] You think that's nitpicking are you kidding mepercuvius2

Why? Are you telling me that me playing ff7 on my ps3 like I'm doing these days is not a plus for ps3 owners? Considering ff7 is one of the best sold games on psn. What makes say perfect dark on 360 more valid to count than a game like ff7? Yes that's nitpicking lems pretend to decide which games should count to claim their system wins when in the real world everything counts so deal with it.

Hahahaha you even admit to playing anime infested pedophile garbage. Hahaha sure must suck to be an eastern gamer. Bring on those Western Games.

Dude, give it a f*cking rest.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#803 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

All fanboys ignore facts.  It's one of the defining characteristics of a fanboy.

Nintendo Fanboy:  "Graphics don't matter, controls don't need to be accurate.  Mario!!!"

MS Fanboy:  "It's better if you pay for it, even if it isn't better and is often worse."

Sony Fanboy:  "Uncharted 3 is a great game.  So is KZ 3."

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#804 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]This thread i about MC scores, we are comparing Librarys according to MC scores, let me end this argument right now, games Scored for the Ps3 count, games Scored for the 360 count, games not scored for either system don't count, the fact that we are comparing librarys by score means that you most certainly CANNOT use Ps1 and Ps2 games because they where not Scored for the Ps3, it's as simple as that really Because we are not comparing total number of games we are comparing Scores, which console has the most high rated games.marklarmer

So in the end we realize that lems would rather play with numbers than with actual games. I rest my case.

but you're the one desperately trying to include PS1/2 games to the PS3 list just to bump up the numbers :| something i recall cows doing at the start of this generation because the PS3 didn't have enough games on its own i might add.

Lems are the ones who started changing the rules pal not me. If lems are not desperate why don't they stick with the metagame instead of coming up with random rules? because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world...
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805 kuraimen
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Because when we compare librarys we only use games that are released FOR that system not every game that can be played on that system,it's quite simple and logical. Also, just becaus you keep saying i am nitpicking doesn't make it so, i think theres a pretty big difference between a game thats actually relased FOR a system and games that are not released FOR a system.

Explain to me what difference it makes to me as a gamer please.

we are comparing librarys OBJECTIVELY using scores, not subjectively using personal opinion, what difference it makes to you as a gamer is irelevent, as far as scores go the the 360 has the better library, if you want to be subjective then it's niether because everyone has a different opinion of what is better, from a subjective point of view you are not wrong, it's your personal preference and i am not about to tell somebody that there personal preference is wrong but from an OBJECTIVE point of view comparing scores you couldn't be more wrong.

1. There's nothing objective about scores. Scores are opinions AKA subjective. 2. Data has to be interpreted to mean something, that interpretation is subjective. The subjective interpretation of the data you lems are doing is well subjective, there's nothing objectivbe about it.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#806 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] So in the end we realize that lems would rather play with numbers than with actual games. I rest my case.kuraimen

but you're the one desperately trying to include PS1/2 games to the PS3 list just to bump up the numbers :| something i recall cows doing at the start of this generation because the PS3 didn't have enough games on its own i might add.

Dude all your rhetoric and spinning of facts means nothing. The 360 has more high scoring games than the PS3 and thats all there is to it. Nothing you are going to say is going to change that. Its the truth, deal with it. Lems are the ones who started changing the rules pal not me. If lems are not desperate why don't they stick with the metagame instead of coming up with random rules? because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world...

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807 kuraimen
Dude all your rhetoric and spinning of facts means nothing. The 360 has more high scoring games than the PS3 and thats all there is to it. Nothing you are going to say is going to change that. Its the truth, deal with it.Miketheman83
Only in lemland where fiction predominates over reality.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]Dude all your rhetoric and spinning of facts means nothing. The 360 has more high scoring games than the PS3 and thats all there is to it. Nothing you are going to say is going to change that. Its the truth, deal with it.kuraimen
Only in lemland where fiction predominates over reality.

How come you're here posting EVERY SINGLE TIME I COME HERE? Got no games to play? Sucks to only have an eastern console doesn't it?

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#809 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] So in the end we realize that lems would rather play with numbers than with actual games. I rest my case.kuraimen

but you're the one desperately trying to include PS1/2 games to the PS3 list just to bump up the numbers :| something i recall cows doing at the start of this generation because the PS3 didn't have enough games on its own i might add.

Lems are the ones who started changing the rules pal not me. If lems are not desperate why don't they stick with the metagame instead of coming up with random rules? because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world...

lol um cows started running off to metacritic and all kinds of other sources almost as soon as this gen started, and have done so ever since. Funnily enough the random rules cows like you don't seem to like, just so happen to be the ones which don't exclude 360 games, they also seem to generate huge entertaining threads where cows desperately try to exclude 360 games and inflate the PS3s list with whatever excuses they can come up with, PS1/2 games being the latest copout.

Also i like how you claimed "because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world..." and then immediately proceeded to lecture someone else on the meanings of subjective and objective.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810 kuraimen

Funnily enough the random rules cows like you don't seem to like, just so happen to be the ones which don't exclude 360 gamesmarklarmer
Really then why am I the only one here calling to count ALL games no exclusions whatsoever? Explain that to me...
Also i like how you claimed "because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world..." and then immediately proceeded to lecture someone else on the meanings of subjective and objective.marklarmer

I'm not claiming the metagame is subjective but the metagame has rules. If we follow those rules the PS3 wins. I'm not claiming scores are subjective but in the real world games have scores and if we count ALL games that are valid in the real world the PS3 wins.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I'm not the one arguing about objectivity and I'm not the one trying to exclude games. Focus pal.

Quick-Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811 Quick-Time
Member since 2007 • 610 Posts
Using ratings is not at all the answer. You can read a review to find out if the game functions properly but an arbitrary number assigned is just an opinion. Buy the system that has the type of games overall you enjoy. First party games that is. Most third party games are on both now and not a factor.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]Funnily enough the random rules cows like you don't seem to like, just so happen to be the ones which don't exclude 360 gameskuraimen

Really then why am I the only one here calling to count ALL games no exclusions whatsoever? Explain that to me...
Also i like how you claimed "because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world..." and then immediately proceeded to lecture someone else on the meanings of subjective and objective.marklarmer

I'm not claiming the metagame is subjective but the metagame has rules. If we follow those rules the PS3 wins. I'm not claiming scores are subjective but in the real world games have scores and if we count ALL games that are valid in the real world the PS3 wins.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth. I'm not the one arguing about objectivity and I'm not the one trying to exclude games. Focus pal.

again, I used the appropriate phrase "copout", which is exactly what you're doing by trying to add games from another platform; built for another platform, reviewed on another platform and in a previous generation. To try and add scores from games like Gran Turismo 1 on a list against Forza 4 is the epitome of just hiding behind numbers rather than the actual games themselves, exactly what you're accusing others of doing.

I think  you'll find in the "real world" people don't buy a new console because they're eager play games from a previous generation on it :|

Agent-Tojed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813 Agent-Tojed
Member since 2012 • 160 Posts

All fanboys ignore facts.  It's one of the defining characteristics of a fanboy.

Nintendo Fanboy:  "Graphics don't matter, controls don't need to be accurate.  Mario!!!"

MS Fanboy:  "It's better if you pay for it, even if it isn't better and is often worse."

Sony Fanboy:  "Uncharted 3 is a great game.  So is KZ 3."

Pug-Nasty

Uncharted 3 is a great game :|.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#814 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

[QUOTE="marklarmer"] Really then why am I the only one here calling to count ALL games no exclusions whatsoever? Explain that to me... [QUOTE="marklarmer"]Also i like how you claimed "because in the metagame the PS3 wins as well as in the real world..." and then immediately proceeded to lecture someone else on the meanings of subjective and objective.marklarmer

again, I used the appropriate phrase "copout", which is exactly what you're doing by trying to add games from another platform; built for another platform, reviewed on another platform and in a previous generation. To try and add scores from games like Gran Turismo 1 on a list against Forza 4 is the epitome of just hiding behind numbers rather than the actual games themselves, exactly what you're accusing others of doing.

I think  you'll find in the "real world" people don't buy a new console because they're eager play games from a previous generation on it :|

Wait why should I accept a flawed lem list if that list AT LEAST doesn't take into account ALL games. I'm sorry pal but is not a copout to AT LEAST demand ALL games to be counted if you're going to make outrageous claims. Do you think a game reviewed on 2005 will met the same standards today? Well lems are counting those, they are counting DLC, they are counting small indie games, if all those exceptions apply then they might as well include everything to make it more honest. So don't try to act all righteous now because the list you are defending is flawed.
toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#815 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Higher scores on multi plats do not mean anything.  Just because a bunch of reviewers think the 360 version is better does not really mean anything.  It is true most multi plat games look better on the 360 because they are developed for the 360 first, but slightly better visuals is kind of a weak point to use.  Also most of the games in the 360 library are multi plats because the console has so few exclusives.  When the system lauched and for the first few years it had more exclusives because it was hard to work with the ps3 and the 360 had been out for a year.  Also MS paid to bring many ps3 exclusives over to the 360 such as GTA and Final Fantasy as well as they market big 3rd party games as 360 exlclusives so I find it hard to see how the 360 can have a better game library when so many of its games are multi play.  And don't  bring up games like Mass Effect 1, Gears of War 1, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Jade Empire,  The Witcher 2, The Last Remnant, Dead Rising 1, Fable 1, and Fable 3 because they are not exclusuves.  All of those games are also on PC except for Dead Rising which was ported to the Wii.

It all comes down to what works best for you.  I am a PC gamer but prefer the ps3 for all console games that are not on pc and use my 360 for exclusives only.  With the ps3 I can play multi plats and many excluives so I can leave my ps3 hooked up to my tv.  I don't really care for online play but when I feel like it I can just jump onto psn without having to worry about a subscription.  Finally with most of my console games on ps3 I can sell my 360 if I ever really need to and will still be able to play most of my console games because I have them for ps3.  Others though may feel the complete opposite from me, no one is right or wrong.

marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#818 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]

kuraimen

again, I used the appropriate phrase "copout", which is exactly what you're doing by trying to add games from another platform; built for another platform, reviewed on another platform and in a previous generation. To try and add scores from games like Gran Turismo 1 on a list against Forza 4 is the epitome of just hiding behind numbers rather than the actual games themselves, exactly what you're accusing others of doing.

Wait why should I accept a flawed lem list if that list AT LEAST doesn't take into account ALL games. I'm sorry pal but is not a copout to AT LEAST demand ALL games to be counted if you're going to make outrageous claims. Do you think a game reviewed on 2005 will met the same standards today? Well lems are counting those, they are counting DLC, they are counting small indie games, if all those exceptions apply then they might as well include everything to make it more honest. So don't try to act all righteous now because the list you are defending is flawed.

if you want to discuss PS1/2 games maybe you should stick to the PS1/2 forums. You seem to think you're being clever but it just comes across as a desperate copout and makes the PS3s library seem pathetic; why else would you have to resort to hiding behind games made and reviewed like decade before the actual consoles we're discussing existed? comparing numbers on its own is a flawed method of comparing platforms because different genres have completely different standards anyway, but it makes a hell of a lot more sense than trying to compare games seperated by more than a decade and multiple gaming generations :| its possible to play practically any console game on PC, should we add those to the PCs list aswell? no because they weren't originally designed for, or reviewed on that platform :| are you going to continue with this stupidity? 

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819 kuraimen
why else would you have to resort to hiding behind games made and reviewed like decade before the actual consoles we're discussing existed?marklarmer
Why are you and the rest of lems hiding behind games made 8 years ago then? why are you hiding behind DLC and small indie games? If you're going to b1tch about other people then you might as well don't do the same kind of crap or you'll be looking like a hypocrite. For me ok let lems count everything but if they want to then at least know what everything means. Don't act as if you're not counting a bunch of crap too. And if you're going to keep crying then let us count exlcusives ONLY like originally intended on SW and the PS3 wins too. You can't have it both ways my furry friend.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]why else would you have to resort to hiding behind games made and reviewed like decade before the actual consoles we're discussing existed?kuraimen
Why are you and the rest of lems hiding behind games made 8 years ago then? why are you hiding behind DLC and small indie games? If you're going to b1tch about other people then you might as well don't do the same kind of crap or you'll be looking like a hypocrite. For me ok let lems count everything but if they want to then at least know what everything means. Don't act as if you're not counting a bunch of crap too. And if you're going to keep crying then let us count exlcusives ONLY like originally intended on SW and the PS3 wins too. You can't have it both ways my furry friend.

right, because its not like the PS3 released any games early on or anything :roll: thats how it works in the real world; games get released over the course of a generation and get reviewed according to the standards people think are appropriate at that time. I already said i think games of different genres have completely different standards :| but that can be said about ALL games not just indie/xbla games. Again a cow accusing someone else of crying and trying to change the rules is just the height of stupidity, especially when you even said you went running off to metacritic because you didn't like the scores GS was giving PS3 games :roll:

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821 kuraimen
thats how it works in the real worldmarklarmer
Nope pal, in the real world FF7 is one of the best selling games on PSN. THAT'S the real world. Don't confuse your lem delusions for the real world. In the real world ALL games count. Sorry to burst your bubble.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]thats how it works in the real worldkuraimen
Nope pal, in the real world FF7 is one of the best selling games on PSN. THAT'S the real world. Don't confuse your lem delusions for the real world. In the real world ALL games count. Sorry to burst your bubble.

lol truly awful copout :roll: i'm sure trying to play PS1 games will be one of the first things people do when unboxing their PS4s.

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
Maybe the console crowd should just STFU and play real games right now (PC); PS3 and 360 have been sooooooooooooo weak lately and are holding back graphics/game potential limited by dinosaur hardware. Can't wait for the new consoles!
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="marklarmer"]thats how it works in the real worldmarklarmer

lol truly awful copout :roll: i'm sure trying to play PS1 games will be one of the first things people do when unboxing their PS4s.

I'm sure playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 is the first people do when unboxing a 360 :roll:. Stop being a hypocrite honey.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#825 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Nope pal, in the real world FF7 is one of the best selling games on PSN. THAT'S the real world. Don't confuse your lem delusions for the real world. In the real world ALL games count. Sorry to burst your bubble. kuraimen

I'm sure playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 is the first people do when unboxing a 360 :roll:. Stop being a hypocrite honey.

Can we agree that without counting PS1 and PS2 games the PS3's game library is less critically acclaimed than the 360's?
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826 kuraimen
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="marklarmer"]lol truly awful copout :roll: i'm sure trying to play PS1 games will be one of the first things people do when unboxing their PS4s.Miketheman83

Can we agree that without counting PS1 and PS2 games the PS3's game library is less critically acclaimed than the 360's?

Only if we can agree that in the real world and the metagame the PS3 library is more critically acclaimed than the 360.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#827 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="marklarmer"]lol truly awful copout :roll: i'm sure trying to play PS1 games will be one of the first things people do when unboxing their PS4s.

Miketheman83

MIke, I'll actually come to your rescue since we have been barking in this thread since its inception.

When you take Metacritics ratings for solely retail games advertised as full games (NO DLC, add ons, Arcade games, Special Editions, etc.), the 360 has a small handful of a greater amount of more highly acclaimed games.

There are tons of reasons why this does not mean it is the best library. I've already mentioned those a million times in this thread.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#828 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] I'm sure playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 is the first people do when unboxing a 360 :roll:. Stop being a hypocrite honey.

Only if we can agree that in the real world and the metagame the PS3 library is more critically acclaimed than the 360.

In the real world Microsoft has released more high scoring games this gen than Sony has. The fact that you have to resort to using last gen games to save the PS3 just makes it look worse.
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#829 marklarmer

[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] Nope pal, in the real world FF7 is one of the best selling games on PSN. THAT'S the real world. Don't confuse your lem delusions for the real world. In the real world ALL games count. Sorry to burst your bubble. kuraimen

at least its a game made for, and reviewed on that console :| you're just being deliberately (hopefully) stupid to avoid the actual issue here which is that you're so desperate for the PS3 not to lose in overall library that you have to try and include games which were design for and reviewed on another platform long before the PS3 even existed, with the feeble excuse that because the standards by which some games are reviewed may change over a generation, that means standards don't count at all over ANY number of generations.

Again its a fairly pathetic desperate argument which cows last brought up in the PS3s early years when it couldn't fend for itself against the 360 (and so seemingly here we are again), and again i'll point out practically any if not all console games can be played on PC in one way or another, yet you don't see anyone trying to add them to the PCs list of games because "they can be played on PC".

Here we are nearing the start of a new generation and you're trying to cling onto the idea that all games from 15-20 years are worth putting on a list against games released today. :lol: what a desperate moron.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830 kuraimen
In the real world Microsoft has released more high scoring games this gen than Sony has. Miketheman83
Wut? Lol prove it! M$ first party sucks, no way they released more high scoring games.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#831 kuraimen
include games which were design for and reviewed on another platform long before the PS3 even existedmarklarmer
Who cares? The games play excactly the same on the PS3. No gameplay changed. And again if you want to whine about time passed then why are you defending counting 8 yo games. Your arguments are pretty stupid I hope you realize that at least.
Again its a fairly pathetic desperate argument which cows last brought up in the PS3s early years when it couldn't fend for itself against the 360marklarmer
Lems had to resort to count DLC, indie games, multiplats, etc to make the 360 win. Why not stick to the original rules and only count exclusives? are lems THAT afraid? you're defending the same attitude you're whining about talk about pathetic :roll:
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#832 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] I'm sure playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 is the first people do when unboxing a 360 :roll:. Stop being a hypocrite honey.lild1425

MIke, I'll actually come to your rescue since we have been barking in this thread since its inception.

When you take Metacritics ratings for solely retail games advertised as full games (NO DLC, add ons, Arcade games, Special Editions, etc.), the 360 has a small handful of a greater amount of more highly acclaimed games.

There are tons of reasons why this does not mean it is the best library. I've already mentioned those a million times in this thread.

I personally think a higher reviewed library is the better library. If you don't agree with that that's fine.

My point is that even when shown concrete evidence of something, PS3 fans can't admit the truth. You are the only one is this thread that has even acknowledged the fact that the 360 technically has more high rated games.

If PS3 fans can't admit something based on truth why should anyone take them seriously or bother to debate with them?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#833 kuraimen
the fact that the 360 technically has more high rated games.Miketheman83
That's not true either, try again lem.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835 kuraimen
[QUOTE="marklarmer"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"] I'm sure playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 is the first people do when unboxing a 360 :roll:. Stop being a hypocrite honey.sts106mat

at least its a game made for, and reviewed on that console :| you're just being deliberately (hopefully) stupid to avoid the actual issue here which is that you're so desperate for the PS3 not to lose in overall library that you have to try and include games which were design for and reviewed on another platform long before the PS3 even existed, with the feeble excuse that because the standards by which some games are reviewed may change over a generation, that means standards don't count at all over ANY number of generations.

Again its a fairly pathetic desperate argument which cows last brought up in the PS3s early years when it couldn't fend for itself against the 360 (and so seemingly here we are again), and again i'll point out practically any if not all console games can be played on PC in one way or another, yet you don't see anyone trying to add them to the PCs list of games because "they can be played on PC".

Here we are nearing the start of a new generation and you're trying to cling onto the idea that all games from 15-20 years are worth putting on a list against games released today. :lol: what a desperate moron.

this. seriously kuraimen, you just coming across massively desperate its so pathetic that it is actually sad.

Not as desperate as lems trying to nitpick rules to claim they "won".
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#836 lild1425

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]In the real world Microsoft has released more high scoring games this gen than Sony has. kuraimen
Wut? Lol prove it! M$ first party sucks, no way they released more high scoring games.

If you do a Metacritic count, it ends up being so. Many are Kinect Zumba Fitness type games, but you'll be surprised if you do a count (this is excluding counting arcade, DLC crap, etc) although a handful are the Kinect titles that scored okay in the 70-79% range. Took me awhile to do a Miketheman fact check, but it actually adds up (not 200 more, but rather like 20ish more).

I still think the PS3 library is better than the 360's. More variety with the PS3, and the top 10 rating 360 games are basically the three same franchises (Halo Gears Forza).

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#837 lild1425

Not as desperate as lems trying to nitpick rules to claim they "won".kuraimen

The Lems have been relentless recently. Can't accept the fact that the slow Tortoise start of the PS3 caught up (and passed) the 360's Hare.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Not as desperate as lems trying to nitpick rules to claim they "won".lild1425

The Lems have been relentless recently. Can't accept the fact that the slow Tortoise start of the PS3 caught up (and passed) the 360's Hare.

There;s no nitpicking. It's fact. There;s more highly rated 360 games then PS3 games. The only nitpickers are cows. Using PS1 games, really? Well 360 plays freaking Atari 2600 games in it's gameroom, guess they count too? Come on... we talk about actual games made for the consoles. Not BC stuff, that's just sad.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"]In the real world Microsoft has released more high scoring games this gen than Sony has. lild1425

If you do a Metacritic count, it ends up being so. Many are Kinect Zumba Fitness type games, but you'll be surprised if you do a count (this is excluding counting arcade, DLC crap, etc) although a handful are the Kinect titles that scored okay in the 70-79% range. Took me awhile to do a Miketheman fact check, but it actually adds up (not 200 more, but rather like 20ish more).

I still think the PS3 library is better than the 360's. More variety with the PS3, and the top 10 rating 360 games are basically the three same franchises (Halo Gears Forza).

Yeah but he said that Microsoft "has released". Most games on the 360 are not released by M$ but by third parties. But yeah ok the 360 has more 7+ retail games registered on Metacritic which means little in the real world and considering the 360 has one more year then it's expected.

Although if we look at the entire catalog of games available for both systems the PS3 wins since it has many past gen games that can be played on it. PS1 and PS2 games was a big selling point for me, many people ask the same of the PS4 as it makes a console more attractive, that's why I say that in the real world they are important, everything is important since you can't know why a person chooses a console over another and all of those options ultimately count differently for different people but they count. Still I imagine that for the average gamer having the option to play FF7 is more attractive than playing a Tiger Woods game from 2009 which is part of my point why not counting some games and counting others is kind of ridiculous. For SW purposes ok maybe like the metagame does but not in the real world.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840 kuraimen
[QUOTE="lild1425"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Not as desperate as lems trying to nitpick rules to claim they "won".locopatho

There;s no nitpicking. It's fact. There;s more highly rated 360 games then PS3 games. The only nitpickers are cows. Using PS1 games, really? Well 360 plays freaking Atari 2600 games in it's gameroom, guess they count too? Come on... we talk about actual games made for the consoles. Not BC stuff, that's just sad.

Aren't PS1 games games? :roll: really lems get dumber by the minute. And you can play Atari games on PSHome too. Who knows whats someone wants to play it's still an option and they are still games.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#841 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="delta3074"]no, there a huge difference, you are talking Backwards compatibility, the titles the PC and 360 share are actually released FOR the 360, you see thats where you are going wrong, PC/360 games are not just 'games you can play on the system' they are games that are actually released FOR that system, Ps1 and Ps2 games where not actually released FOR the Ps3 where they?delta3074
Again nitpicking trivialities just to discount some ps3 games. And you claim cows change the rules right? Well the meta game here which are the official rules if I believe DON'T COUNT MULTIPLATS. So why are lems changing the rules or is it alright only when they change them? If we count only exclusives the ps3 wins, if we count ALL games then the ps3 wins. The only way the 360 can win is by not following the rules and nitpicking which games count.

how is that nitpicking? it's quite simple, let me explain it to you Games released for a system=Count Games not released for that system= don't count when comparing a 2 systems library we count all the games released FOR that system on both sides and Pc/360 games may be multiplat but they are still games Released FOR the 360, like i sadi, Any games Ps1 or Ps2 games released on PSN count because they where released FOR the Ps3. Also, this isn't a metagame thread ,Metagame rules don't apply because the orginal op is using Metacritic, nice try but not good enough sunshine. Heres another way of lloking at it. Every game listed for the Ps3 on MC counts Every game listed for the 360 on MC counts Are Ps1 and Ps2 BC games on the list of games released for the Ps3?

if kuraimen wants to include ps1 and ps2 games just to pretend the ps3 wins at something, i say let him do it. :lol: this is clearly someone far too invested in the metascore and there's no hope waking him up from his delusions.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842 lild1425

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Not as desperate as lems trying to nitpick rules to claim they "won".locopatho

Let me clarify because I've mentioned a few times on this very page that the 360 has indeed more highly rated games as I have done a count. Both desperate, but lems appear far worse. Using HD Collection is definitely asinine, but the initial post that says 200 more games rated 70-100 (or something like that), which is significantly more absurd. DLC, doublecounting special editions, and counting arcade games was obviously done, which is what I argued with Mike about for like 1000 pages of this thread. 

Even accepting that there are more highly rated 360 games on Metacritic still doesn't mean it is a slam dunk.

What I was referring to was that the 360 absolutely destroyed the PS3 out of the gate, but PS3 came back and very very quickly. The Tortoise and the Hare analogy is actually a pretty terrible one. It's actually the reverse if anything so just disregard that nonsense. Sawwy. 

But it seems the cow/lem situation is like this: Have you ever been to a sporting event like an American football event when your team is up by 40 points, so you basically trash talk the visiting fan next to you relentlessly because they were favored to win. Next thing you know, the opposing team gains insurmountable momentum to tie the game and is perhaps even winning and that visiting fan just tears you a new one. You are so dumbfounded that you just grasp at straws? That's the kind of the desperation I'm talking about. I have done it in my life one way or another. Oh wait, I did. I bashed the PS3 into oblivion. Luckily, I don't blindly follow a system and now I now own one.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="lild1425"]

kuraimen

Aren't PS1 games games? :roll: really lems get dumber by the minute. And you can play Atari games on PSHome too. Who knows whats someone wants to play it's still an option and they are still games.

Tell you what....if they are reviewed again for the PS3 then they count as PS3 games ;)
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#844 kuraimen
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="locopatho"] There;s no nitpicking. It's fact. There;s more highly rated 360 games then PS3 games. The only nitpickers are cows. Using PS1 games, really? Well 360 plays freaking Atari 2600 games in it's gameroom, guess they count too? Come on... we talk about actual games made for the consoles. Not BC stuff, that's just sad.

Tell you what....if they are reviewed again for the PS3 then they count as PS3 games ;)

I'll have to own you after the PS4 event sorry.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#845 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Still using games that are not even rated for their system as ammo against another system.......

Cows.....why? 

U2c3gjT.jpg

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#846 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="marklarmer"]why else would you have to resort to hiding behind games made and reviewed like decade before the actual consoles we're discussing existed?kuraimen
Why are you and the rest of lems hiding behind games made 8 years ago then?

Because those games where actually released and rated on the 360 you really ain't firing on all cylinders are you, Relying on games from 8 years ago that where actually released on the 360 is logical, relying on games that are up to 17 years old and where not released or rated on the Ps3 is illogical, comparing a games library by SCORES means Exactly that, Games rated on that platform, thats why you don't include games on demand on the 360 list and no lem ever has, if it isn't Rated for that platform it doesn't count for that platform. I would have thought that the logical reasoning would have sunk in, this is a SCORES thread, if they re-review all the Ps1 and Ps2 games FOR the ps3 then they count until then they don't.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#847 kuraimen

[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="marklarmer"]why else would you have to resort to hiding behind games made and reviewed like decade before the actual consoles we're discussing existed?delta3074
Why are you and the rest of lems hiding behind games made 8 years ago then?

Because those games where actually released and rated on the 360 you really ain't firing on all cylinders are you, Relying on games from 8 years ago that where actually released on the 360 is logical, relying on games that are up to 17 years old and where not released or rated on the Ps3 is illogical, comparing a games library by SCORES means Exactly that, Games rated on that platform, thats why you don't include games on demand on the 360 list and no lem ever has, if it isn't Rated for that platform it doesn't count for that platform. I would have thought that the logical reasoning would have sunk in, this is a SCORES thread, if they re-review all the Ps1 and Ps2 games FOR the ps3 then they count until then they don't.

It makes sense when those games didn't change at all. They're the same on the PS3 as when they were rated. And even then having no score this gen doesn't mean they don't exist, they are very real, desirable and relevant!

Also this is not just a score thread. The TC said in the title "better" library, not "better scored this gen library" He said "better library". Which is BS considering you can play some of the most critically acclaimed games EVER on the PS3 and not on the 360...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#848 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I didn't even need to count the games, because I already knew the answer. I've known it for well over a year.

Proof? lolz....I HAZ GAMEZ DAMMIT!!!1!!! LOLZ Heil68

LMAO!! You got owned with proof. Shut your pie hole.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#849 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

jealousy

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#850 Miketheman83

Still using games that are not even rated for their system as ammo against another system.......

Cows.....why? 

U2c3gjT.jpg

Ly_the_Fairy
Because they are crazy. You should see the amount of messages they send me. They are creepy people.