Why Cant PS3 Fans Admit the 360 has a better game library? (Proof inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#651 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I lol'dMiketheman83

I lol'd at your list too. What a terrible list.

Killzone is a forgettable shooter that did nothing for the genre. Left 4 Dead revolutionized co-op gameplay. Siren what? Never heard of it. MGS is more of a movie than a game. The only one that's any good on your list is Demon Souls.

weren't you the one bi*ching about scores and yet you think MGS4 which got crictical acclaim everywhere is a 'movie'
such hypocrisy 

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#652 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I lol'dMiketheman83

Killzone is a forgettable shooter that did nothing for the genre. Left 4 Dead revolutionized co-op gameplay. Siren what? Never heard of it. MGS is more of a movie than a game. The only one that's any good on your list is Demon Souls.

You need some help, lad.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#653 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Because Sony fantrolls throw logic and reality out of the window once they succumb to indoctrination and devotion to their special piece of plastic...

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

The insecurity of PS3 owners in this thread is not even funny anymore, it's sad. The 360 clearly has a better library considered by the majority. You are in the minority. Does it matter? Nope, unless you were insecure in the first place.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#655 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

The insecurity of PS3 owners in this thread is not even funny anymore, it's sad. The 360 clearly has a better library considered by the majority. You are in the minority. Does it matter? Nope, unless you were insecure in the first place.

brennanhuff
Or making a thread to convince everyone of your opinion? LOL
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#657 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

Because Sony fantrolls throw logic and reality out of the window once they succumb to indoctrination and devotion to their special piece of plastic...

HaRmLeSS_RaGe
It's true, I really think the PS3 would have been a better console if the fanboys didn't support every stupid mistake Sony made.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Whenever somebody posts that Xbox has more high scoring games than PS3 I scratch my head. Where are these high scoring games coming from? What are they? AS far as I know they get about two high scoring exclusives and the same multiplats as PS3 every year. Most of these games must not make it to the publics eye.

Pikminmaniac
Look at Metacritic. Every year 360 gets high scoring exclusives, the same multiplats as PS3 (with many running/scoring better), PC/360 multiplats like The Witcher 2 and Minecraft last year, a metric fvck ton of XBLA games (some exclusive, some PS3/360, some PC/360), and yes, the "lol Kinect" games too :P (Hey PS fans count Move games!) If all you look at is exclusives, PS3 beats 360... but of course Wii beats PS3 in that case. If you look at total libraries, 360 beats PS3. Anyone who can read and understand numbers knows this.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659 locopatho

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Whenever somebody posts that Xbox has more high scoring games than PS3 I scratch my head. Where are these high scoring games coming from? What are they? AS far as I know they get about two high scoring exclusives and the same multiplats as PS3 every year. Most of these games must not make it to the publics eye.

el3m2tigre

Just a bunch of no name games nobody even knows exist. Apparently this equates to "the better library".

"no name games", so we judge a games quality by how well known it is? Must mean Mario and Halo beat everything and PS3 so :P
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#660 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

el3m2tigre

Just a bunch of no name games nobody even knows exist. Apparently this equates to "the better library".

True that's why lems love to use number instead of actual games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

locopatho

"no name games", so we judge a games quality by how well known it is? Must mean Mario and Halo beat everything and PS3 so :P

When there's about 6 iterations of games that actual gamers don't care about like Dance Central that make up the 360 list you can kind of see why people are a bit critical.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#662 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

AcidThunder

weren't you the one bi*ching about scores and yet you think MGS4 which got crictical acclaim everywhere is a 'movie'
such hypocrisy 

Owned!
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#663 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

rjdofu

When there's about 6 iterations of games that actual gamers don't care about like Dance Central that make up the 360 list you can kind of see why people are a bit critical.

This thread is about high scoring games. The only high scoring Kinect game is dance central.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"] "no name games", so we judge a games quality by how well known it is? Must mean Mario and Halo beat everything and PS3 so :PMiketheman83

This thread is about high scoring games. The only high scoring Kinect game is dance central.

How many Dance Central's make it into the list though? At least two i believe, might be 3 actually i dunno what list you're using to fit your argument since there's that many being thrown around. These lists are useless tbh and it's a shame you're too blind to see it when they're filled with games like NBA 2k6, a sports game with 6 newer iterations that was available on the PS2. I mean Moto GP'06, Rockstar Table Tennis, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, Stoked Big Air Edition? Who really gives a **** when the lists are made up of games that ceased to be relevant in 2006?

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] When there's about 6 iterations of games that actual gamers don't care about like Dance Central that make up the 360 list you can kind of see why people are a bit critical.hoosier7

How many Dance Central's make it into the list though? At least two i believe, might be 3 actually i dunno what list you're using to fit your argument since there's that many being thrown around. These lists are useless tbh and it's a shame you're too blind to see it when they're filled with games like NBA 2k6, a sports game with 6 newer iterations that was available on the PS2. I mean Moto GP'06, Rockstar Table Tennis, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, Stoked Big Air Edition? Who really gives a **** when the lists are made up of games that ceased to be relevant in 2006?

A lot of people enjoyed dance central dude, why should it not count? This list simply shows that if someone buys a 360 or PS3 which one has more game content that critics enjoyed. Why can't you admit the 360 has more game content with high ratings? It doesn't mean you have to like 360 games more, it just means that critics did. If critics opinions mean nothing then why can't you admit their opinions favor 360 games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

[QUOTE="hoosier7"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] This thread is about high scoring games. The only high scoring Kinect game is dance central.Miketheman83

A lot of people enjoyed dance central dude, why should it not count? This list simply shows that if someone buys a 360 or PS3 which one has more game content that critics enjoyed. Why can't you admit the 360 has more game content with high ratings? It doesn't mean you have to like 360 games more, it just means that critics did. If critics opinions mean nothing then why can't you admit their opinions favor 360 games?

I haven't said otherwise to any of the questions you've just said. All i've done is pointed out that to the core gamer these lists are flawed, heck even useless. 

But hey i can spout useless questions too. Why can't you admit your lists are useless to core gamers?

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#667 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="hoosier7"] How many Dance Central's make it into the list though? At least two i believe, might be 3 actually i dunno what list you're using to fit your argument since there's that many being thrown around. These lists are useless tbh and it's a shame you're too blind to see it when they're filled with games like NBA 2k6, a sports game with 6 newer iterations that was available on the PS2. I mean Moto GP'06, Rockstar Table Tennis, Flatout Ultimate Carnage, Stoked Big Air Edition? Who really gives a **** when the lists are made up of games that ceased to be relevant in 2006?

hoosier7

I haven't said otherwise to any of the questions you've just said. All i've done is pointed out that to the core gamer these lists are flawed, heck even useless. 

But hey i can spout useless questions too. Why can't you admit your lists are useless to core gamers?

What's useless about it? Game content is why we buy game consoles. Saying one console has more critically acclaimed games is a huge advantage for a console. How can you not see that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
[QUOTE="hoosier7"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] A lot of people enjoyed dance central dude, why should it not count? This list simply shows that if someone buys a 360 or PS3 which one has more game content that critics enjoyed. Why can't you admit the 360 has more game content with high ratings? It doesn't mean you have to like 360 games more, it just means that critics did. If critics opinions mean nothing then why can't you admit their opinions favor 360 games?Miketheman83

What's useless about it? Game content is why we buy game consoles. Saying one console has more critically acclaimed games is a huge advantage for a console. How can you not see that?

Firstly then why do you complain when people include collections in their lists and why aren't we looking at all the last gen games these consoles can play? They're all game content playable on the console. I'll tell you why, it's because largely they aren't relevant. If you want to keep thinking lists with Dance Central, sports games with 6 newer iterations etc... mean absolutely anything to a core gamer in the real world then be my guest. But the lists really aren't relevant to anyone outside these forums and even then they don't really care the second they hit the little x on the gamespot tab.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

hoosier7

There's not 6 Dance Central games. You can't do the thing of "real games". PS3 gets AAA baseball games that most of the world couldn't give a fvck about... doesn't matter, they are high quality games, they count. Both MOVE and KINECT games are counted in the lists, even though I don't own/want either of them. Many people hate racing sims, but Forza and GT are still awesome exclusives. Each person has their own values and tastes and you CANNOT force your own opinion on why certain games "count" and others don't. That's delusional PS fanboy territory.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

[QUOTE="hoosier7"][QUOTE="locopatho"] "no name games", so we judge a games quality by how well known it is? Must mean Mario and Halo beat everything and PS3 so :Plocopatho

There's not 6 Dance Central games. You can't do the thing of "real games". PS3 gets AAA baseball games that most of the world couldn't give a fvck about... doesn't matter, they are high quality games, they count. Both MOVE and KINECT games are counted in the lists, even though I don't own/want either of them. Many people hate racing sims, but Forza and GT are still awesome exclusives. Each person has their own values and tastes and you CANNOT force your own opinion on why certain games "count" and others don't. That's delusional PS fanboy territory.

I don't deny there's also a load of rubbish that's on the PS3 too. Look at my later posts that you've somehow managed to miss for the point i'm getting at. (Hint it's the lists the fanboys throw around holding no real relevance to core gamers).

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#671 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="hoosier7"] When there's about 6 iterations of games that actual gamers don't care about like Dance Central that make up the 360 list you can kind of see why people are a bit critical.hoosier7

I don't deny there's also a load of rubbish that's on the PS3 too. Look at my later posts that you've somehow managed to miss for the point i'm getting at. (Hint it's the lists the fanboys throw around holding no real relevance to core gamers).

Games that are well received by critics are usually good. I'm not sure how you can say that good games aren't relevant to core gamers. When I buy a console, I buy it because of the games. It was the reason I bought the PS2 and the reason I bought the 360, and it will be the reason I buy my next console.

There's just no denying the 360 library is more well received by critics, I just can't understand why it is so hard for PS3 fans to admit that, it's the truth.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="hoosier7"] When there's about 6 iterations of games that actual gamers don't care about like Dance Central that make up the 360 list you can kind of see why people are a bit critical.hoosier7

O yeah that's a given. I'd much rather discuss why we think x is better then y. Idiots just scream numbers tho. So when they get their numbers wrong and/or lie, I step in :P
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Ps3 has the best library, arguably of any console in existence. Thing has like 3,000 games.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674 Miketheman83
Ps3 has the best library, arguably of any console in existence. Thing has like 3,000 games.Heirren
Lolwat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#675 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Heirren"]Ps3 has the best library, arguably of any console in existence. Thing has like 3,000 games.Miketheman83
Lolwat

Psx, ps2, psn, and ps3 games are all part of the library.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Heirren"]Ps3 has the best library, arguably of any console in existence. Thing has like 3,000 games.Heirren
Lolwat

I lol'd.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Lolwat

I lol'd.

That's fine but it's the truth.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#678 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Heirren"]Ps3 has the best library, arguably of any console in existence. Thing has like 3,000 games.Heirren
Lolwat

So games from 2006 don't matter and shouldn't be counted for the 360 but games from 1998 should count for PS3? Gotta love fanboy logic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Lolwat

So games from 2006 don't matter and shouldn't be counted for the 360 but games from 1998 should count for PS3? Gotta love fanboy logic.

When did I say that? A library encompasses all games available on a console.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="hoosier7"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] There's not 6 Dance Central games. You can't do the thing of "real games". PS3 gets AAA baseball games that most of the world couldn't give a fvck about... doesn't matter, they are high quality games, they count. Both MOVE and KINECT games are counted in the lists, even though I don't own/want either of them. Many people hate racing sims, but Forza and GT are still awesome exclusives. Each person has their own values and tastes and you CANNOT force your own opinion on why certain games "count" and others don't. That's delusional PS fanboy territory.Miketheman83

Games that are well received by critics are usually good. I'm not sure how you can say that good games aren't relevant to core gamers. When I buy a console, I buy it because of the games. It was the reason I bought the PS2 and the reason I bought the 360, and it will be the reason I buy my next console.

There's just no denying the 360 library is more well received by critics, I just can't understand why it is so hard for PS3 fans to admit that, it's the truth.

If we were talking about a couple years into the generation, you would be right but since 2009/2010, Microsoft hasn't really done squat. I figure its only a matter of time before we see something like Halo - Fitness Evolved. Metacritic ratings also don't mean too much. I mean one of my favorite Xbox games of all time, Unreal Championship 2 - The Liandri Conflict scored an 85 yet only sold about half a million copies I believe. Then you see games with much lower scores selling millions of copies.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#681 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

Preference. Both have the same number of high rated games. PS3 has more variety while 360 is more concentrated. It depends what you like.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#682 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]

[QUOTE="hoosier7"] I don't deny there's also a load of rubbish that's on the PS3 too. Look at my later posts that you've somehow managed to miss for the point i'm getting at. (Hint it's the lists the fanboys throw around holding no real relevance to core gamers).

Murderstyle75

If we were talking about a couple years into the generation, you would be right but since 2009/2010, Microsoft hasn't really done squat. I figure its only a matter of time before we see something like Halo - Fitness Evolved. Metacritic ratings also don't mean too much. I mean one of my favorite Xbox games of all time, Unreal Championship 2 - The Liandri Conflict scored an 85 yet only sold about half a million copies I believe. Then you see games with much lower scores selling millions of copies.

Despite what lies you might have heard on this site, the 360 has had more high scoring games every single year and that's the truth.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#683 Miketheman83

Preference. Both have the same number of high rated games. PS3 has more variety while 360 is more concentrated. It depends what you like.

lild1425
How is almost 200 more high rated games "the same amount of high rated games"? :lol: Some of the stuff you guys say us just downright lies.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#684 lild1425

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

Miketheman83

How is almost 200 more high rated games "the same amount of high rated games"? :lol: Some of the stuff you guys say us just downright lies.

Mike, let's not get started. Out of all the forumites, I only claim to see one person, you, as completely delusional. We've already been through this 100 times. The number of retail games that got decent ratings is about equal for both systems. You count Metacritic scores except you did a straight up count of DLC, Special Editions, Arcade games, etc. For the sake of the order, please stop using this argument. We all know (non fanboys that is) the 360 library is not superior, but the same at best.

Seriously stop. Saying that Xbox has 200 more is downright laughable.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="lild1425"]

lild1425

Mike, let's not get started. Out of all the forumites, I only claim to see one person, you, as completely delusional. We've already been through this 100 times. The number of retail games that got decent ratings is about equal for both systems. You count Metacritic scores except you did a straight up count of DLC, Special Editions, Arcade games, etc. For the sake of the order, please stop using this argument. We all know (non fanboys that is) the 360 library is not superior, but the same at best.

I can't really understand why you think that stuff shouldn't count...for either console. It is game content that gets good reviews, good sales, and is loved by gamers. When you try to exclude that stuff It seems like you are trying to look for loopholes why the PS3 isn't bad.
SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

I already have a DVD movie player so I see no reason to get the xbox 360.

360's are for the over weight and mentally challenged americans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#687 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
[QUOTE="lild1425"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] How is almost 200 more high rated games "the same amount of high rated games"? :lol: Some of the stuff you guys say us just downright lies.Miketheman83

I can't really understand why you think that stuff shouldn't count...for either console. It is game content that gets good reviews, good sales, and is loved by gamers. When you try to exclude that stuff It seems like you are trying to look for loopholes why the PS3 isn't bad.

Then lets include all the PS2 and PS1 games you can play on the PS3 then? It's game content after all....
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#688 Miketheman83

SonySoldier-_-
Americans favor the console with the most games and lowest price tag. Seems pretty smart to me.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#689 Miketheman83

hoosier7

Then lets include all the PS2 and PS1 games you can play on the PS3 then? It's game content after all....

That's game content that wasn't released this gen.... Do I really have to explain why that argument is stupid when debating the current gen?
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#690 lild1425

PS3 fans are the most hardcore fanboys I have ever met, they make Apple fans seem rational. They do not listen to fact, they do anything they can to ignore it. In their little world the PS3 is somehow better becuase it has more first party games....WHILE IT MISSES OUT ON TONS OF THIRD PARTY GAMES because of the architecture. They worship Sony because of the success of the PS1 and PS2, and will defend any irrational decisions the company makes. Can anybody think of any instance where an electronic manufacturer has told its fans to work more hours so they can afford their next console? That is the most disrespectful thing any electronic manufacturer has aever said to the public. If anyone can think of anything that comes close, Id like to hear it.Miketheman83

So far these forums say otherwise.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#691 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
[QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

Miketheman83
Americans favor the console with the most games and lowest price tag. Seems pretty smart to me.

And they bought the wii Comment backfiring :lol:
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#692 lild1425

[QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

Miketheman83

Mike, comes out with a good statement. For example, Japanese generally just don't prefer 360 style games.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

MonsieurX

Um EVERYBODY bought the Wii, not just America, pal. And the Wii has some really great games.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#694 lild1425

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="SonySoldier-_-"]

MonsieurX

Also true. I now see the pitfall of the statement. Something can have a low price tag and a ton of games, but doesn't mean it has any quality or quality games for that matter.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#695 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Americans favor the console with the most games and lowest price tag. Seems pretty smart to me.

Um EVERYBODY bought the Wii, not just America, pal. And the Wii has some really great games.

I'm aware of it,but your comment can't apply to the 360
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#696 lild1425

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Americans favor the console with the most games and lowest price tag. Seems pretty smart to me.Miketheman83

I agree with both of your statements. I bought the Wii. It had a decent amount of high rated games. I bought it because it was cheap and had some good titles. I didn't really like it and sold it. There were other factors like a terrible online that didn't hold my interest despite some gems like Mario Galaxy.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#697 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Americans favor the console with the most games and lowest price tag. Seems pretty smart to me.lild1425

Also true. I now see the pitfall of the statement. Something can have a low price tag and a ton of games, but doesn't mean it has any quality or quality games for that matter.

The Wii actually has more high rated games than the PS3 also. Just saying.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#698 lild1425

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] And they bought the wii Comment backfiring :lol:Miketheman83

I haven't done my due diligence, so I can't refute this. While this could be true, the games that did have high ratings just couldn't hold my interest with a mediocre online. It was a short playthrough and I would never touch them again (SSBB being a huge excpetion).

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#699 MonsieurX
[QUOTE="lild1425"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] And they bought the wii Comment backfiring :lol:Miketheman83

Highly doubt it,have you counted them?
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#700 Miketheman83

MonsieurX

Highly doubt it,have you counted them?

I haven't counted so it's not definite but I'm pretty sure it does.