Ugh...Seems every PC game is filled with cheaters.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:
@superfluousreal said:

To think cheating is not a wide spread problem, it to believe that a child will remain 3 feet tall and not grow.

Delusional thinking and closed minds never adapt to change.

I just gave you an example of how these things are easily mitigated.

Find a good server, make friends and stick to it.

I just checked and CS still has a server browser. I don't know if any multi-game browser like Gamespy or Kali are still around but such things were always useful in keeping track of your favorite servers.

The issue is Matchmaking has a skill system tied to it which rewards on actual skill so rank is given, highly rewarding to play. Most of us don't give a poop about server browsers because there is no incentive to play well and most people just throw or troll instead.

I do see your point however and it is valid if someone just wants a cleaner game, even there on servers however this is not guaranteed.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#152 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@superfluousreal said:

The issue is Matchmaking has a skill system tied to it which rewards on actual skill so rank is given, highly rewarding to play. Most of us don't give a poop about server browsers because there is no incentive to play well and most people just throw or troll instead.

I do see your point however and it is valid if someone just wants a cleaner game, even there on servers however this is not guaranteed.

I am not familiar with matchmaking, I don't like playing with pubs.

I want to say something else.

A lot of people mistake client-side-prediction errors for cheating. Understand what you see on your screen is only approximate, not exact as per the server. This can lead to things like rounding a corner and getting shot through the wall, because on your attackers screen you're not yet around the corner.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 SuperfluousReal

@br0kenrabbit said:
@superfluousreal said:

A lot of people mistake client-side-prediction errors for cheating. Understand what you see on your screen is only approximate, not exact as per the server. This can lead to things like rounding a corner and getting shot through the wall, because on your attackers screen you're not yet around the corner.

This is not a thing unless the server becomes unsync'd which is a rarity but does happen, people are easy to spot who cheat in Eagle Master+ ranks because they need to be pretty blatant to outplay you to begin with, at Global however.. well this is a Global.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59vNY4zoLks

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@superfluousreal said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@superfluousreal said:

This is not a thing unless the server becomes unsync'd which is a rarity but does happen, people are easy to spot who cheat in Eagle Master+ ranks because they need to be pretty blatant to outplay you to begin with, at Global however.. well this is a Global.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59vNY4zoLks

Games that used the zeroping client (like the original Planetside) were notorious for round-corner shots. TF2 had an issue with it for a while in beta and even after release. It's mostly up to a tidy network code.

And my tournament days were Quake, Quake II and UT. All that CS shit is slow as molasses, I couldn't watch more than two minutes of it, sorry. :-(

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@zaryia: like I said it’s utter damage control to use a % to try and claim it’s not riddled

It takes 1 hacker in one lobby to spoil that game

Millions of hackers infest pc gaming, that’s a lot of ruined games/lobbies

I know pc gaming online is riddled

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@bluestars said:

@zaryia: like I said it’s utter damage control to use a % to try and claim it’s not riddled

I was literally using the number you wrote. It's a small % of total PC gamers, which is a fact. Yes it's still higher than other systems, and it is bad. Every PC gamer wishes it was lower. No one is in denial, this is certainly PC's one and only true CON. It is certainly negative.

The thing is, It's just not bad enough for it to matter. PC is still by far the best (and most played) online. The 4 alts are exaggerating this CON, when in reality it doesn't matter that much.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Bluestars

You brought 1.5% to the party

How about using actual figures and numbers 1% of a billion doesn’t sound much, the actual figure is huge

Utter damage control

It’s riddled

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Zaryia
@bluestars said:

Utter damage control

This isn't damage control.

I, and most PC gamers, accept the fact PC has a cheater problem.

You are in denial with the other side of this fact, that even with this minor cheater problem PC is substantially superior for online gaming.

There's 2 sides to this coin. I accept both facts, do you?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#159 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61484 Posts

@calvincfb: Yeah, already saw my mess up when another posted noted it. My b.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Bluestars

@zaryia: there are cheats snd hackers by the millions on pc that’s what I accept

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

@zaryia said:
@bluestars said:

@kali-b1rd:

If a bank account hacker was taking 1.5% of you weekly Salery would you just shrug it off as meh it’s a small percent so i’ll Accept it he’ll i’ll Even defend it because its only a small percent of my hard earned cash

my console references, I’m pointing out we wouldn’t Accept hacking on online games yet there are plenty here who defend and deny it’s a problem on pc because it their chosen platform

A better analogy.

PC - You make a $8000 weekly Salary but a bank account hacker is taking 1.5%

PS4 - You make a $1000 weekly Salary but a bank account take .03%

It's certainly a problem, no one is denying that, but which which would you rather be?

@that_old_guy said:

Nothing negative affects you and everything is “I’m awesome”.

You're deflecting. This is what you said in your very first line:

@that_old_guy said:

I dont see how you hermits do it.

I'm telling you how and why PC gamers still do it, with factual data. You're getting mad at me for directly confronting your original post. Yes, hackers are bad and PC having the most of them is certainly a CON. But, it's not enough of a CON to stop PC from being the best and most played Online.

No the argument turned into, very quickly I might add, you arguing the semantics of a phrase billions of people use to describe something along the lines of which I was on a daily basis.

It was quite ridiculous.

The ”how do you hermits do it” was more rhetorical than anything. I was strctly a PC gamer for many years mainly until this gen starting around 2000. I felt with it.....that’s all you could do.

The fact is this is System Wars and this is a huge jegative for PC gaming....but mostly I posted bc I HATE it. I HATE...hackers and cheaters.

People who cant get by on normal life settings so they **** up others pleasure bc they have little to no worth in life or the game. They bring nothing to the table.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Zaryia
@lundy86_4 said:

@calvincfb: Yeah, already saw my mess up when another posted noted it. My b.

Don't apologize to a troll alt.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By That_Old_Guy

@zaryia: I swear “alt” is like a four letter word around here. And everyone is one if they don’t have 8000 posts.

Edit: but only if they disagree with said person.

It’s truly pathetic that new people can’t join the forum without this rhetoric being regurgitated every thread.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Zaryia
@that_old_guy said:

@zaryia: I swear “alt” is like a four letter word around here.

So I'm to believe it's a coincidence that completely new 2018 and 2019 accounts from their very first post start bashing PC at SW with several years old SW lingo?

Shutup alt.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#165  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58965 Posts

MK11 has already been hacked.

Pc gamers cannot be trusted
Pc gamers cannot be trusted

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

of all things, you decide to complain about the type of cheating that can also occur on consoles...

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 That_Old_Guy

@zaryia: 1st: You guys do it to everyone regardless of True Detective analysis.

2nd: lingo as in the lingo that’s fucking in the sticky thread explaining what all sorts of terms for this forum means?

Stfu doomaus.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 That_Old_Guy

@drlostrib: shut up alt.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@that_old_guy said:

@drlostrib: shut up alt.

make better threads

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#170  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

They're not in my PC games. I'm either:

1. Super lucky.
2. Live in a region without cheaters.
3. ..or you exaggerate the amount of cheaters.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

How many xim 4/apex users have been banned from console cod/ow? none? mouse+kb and you get aim assist too? nice.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@that_old_guy: they call others alts here to try and feel Superior and to downplay the others points. I find it laughable. I've been reading this forum for the most of last year and zaryia calls everyone that doesn't agree with him an alt, so it's just paranoia and a lame tactic that always fail.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I have been playing PUBG since it was in Beta and have never run in someone cheating or hacking. The whole PC games are filled with cheaters thing is one of the biggest exaggerations going around in gaming today... Also I don't remember the last time my PC hard crashed and my new build has never and its 2 months old but my Pro crashed on the first week with Red Dead Redemption.

PC gaming has gotten to the point now where its so much better than consoles only the deluded people still believe consoles are the pinnacle of gaming. 100FPS on Apex at 1440p on a 144Hz display with a keyboard and mouse VS a console with a controller at 50-60FPS... Its just no contest, no one can sit down with those two options in front of them and pick the console with a straight face.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

I don't play Apex Legends of PUBG, so I can't comment on those, but I haven't encountered a single cheater in Tekken 7 on PC

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Are you really regurgitating this shitpost at this point? This has to have been the 4th or 5th time you've tried this thread.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Sony alts are triggered.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Bluestars

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

13 million pc gamers have been banned from PUBG since 2017

That’s not a typo THIRTEEN MILLION

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#178 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

PComplainers aren't concerned with cheating, they are concerned with storefronts and launchers.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Fedor

@bluestars: They should have just region locked China and all would have been fine.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Bluestars

@fedor:

That was up until October 2018 so you can add a few million more to that

They are flying about in the clouds shooting you on pubg now ha

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Fedor

@bluestars: Actually they finally got their act together and put in ping locks. Cheaters are a rarity in pubg nowadays unless you're a popular streamer getting sniped. If devs don't want cheaters in their games just seperate China and Russia from everyone else and they're good.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Bluestars

@fedor: yea dr disrespect last few streams have had hackers flying about

It’s a joke

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Zaryia
@that_old_guy said:

@zaryia: 1st: You guys do it to everyone regardless of True Detective analysis.

Dude it's the same 2018-2019 fresh accounts spamming the same anti-PC nonsense on their very first post with decades old SW lingo.

Relax, who is your main?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Fedor

@bluestars: Yep, streamers are targets. Normal players wont see them because there's no incentive. Often the cheaters account names will actually be links to forums and sites the cheats are sold at. 99% of the cheats are from the 2 countries I mentioned though, battle eye themselves confirmed this long ago.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Bluestars

@fedor: oh there still plenty in everyday gaming in the western world and fort nite esports player was dropped for cheating last month in a World Cup qualifier it’s riddled from top too bottom

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Fedor

@bluestars: So they caught him then. Epic does a good job of catching cheats. If there is an advantage to be had someone will exploit it. That's why K/M has become so popular in console Fortnite. Western gaming isn't riddled with cheats though, they exist but you're purposefully trying to overblow it to troll (I respect the hustle btw). As I've already stated Russia and China are by far the biggest bad actors. This has been stated countless times by anti cheat software companies (you can look it up at your leisure) If they are not contained they will ruin a game.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 That_Old_Guy

@drlostrib: actually, you have a point. But you know what this represents?

Hermits in defense mode but in confusion on how to actually do defense bc they know its true.

So many were quick to dismiss cheating hacking altogether when the evidence is against that notion that the clear defense in this situation is that this type of cheating can also happen on console easily.

I will say I’ve noticed more on PC but then again on PS4 you can just close the game within seconds and just take the penalty. That seems to happen more often.

So it just goes to show that it’s true bc no one could clearly defend cheating or hacking on PC so everyone scrambled to get the “never in my day” reply in and that’s just insane.

While the alt Lostrib just calmly says “that happens on console too”.

So again bc I know it’ll come up...I do see it more on PC...but again to be fair I see quite happen more on console.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Fedor

@that_old_guy: What's your steam name?

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 That_Old_Guy

@fedor: no no no....don’t feel like getting spammed by all you with hate or something.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Fedor

@that_old_guy: Lol, how will they spam you? Come on, let's see how many hours you have in these games.

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

@superfluousreal said:

You operate with nothing, i posted stats for a video game player count live vs ban rate

And what's the rationale behind comparing total player bans to concurrent players instead of total player numbers? Blatant and desperate misuse of statistics, that's what.

Because those bans make 1,5% of total players, and that doesn't go well with your narrative, is it.

Wanna make use of concurrent players stat, use concurrent bans, which last ban wave should be a sufficient substitute for. Still favoring your agenda because it's an hourly snapshot vs a stat that accumulates over a monthly period, but i will allow it just to demonstrate how much the numbers don't favour you.

4000 bans as of the last wave (2 days ago).

2.196.049 concurrent players as of this moment.

Do me the honors and calculate the percentage yourself?

So your Apex stats disprove your point full-stop, and your CS:GO argument backfired spectacularly.

Anything else?

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@R10nu said:
@superfluousreal said:

You operate with nothing, i posted stats for a video game player count live vs ban rate

And what's the rationale behind comparing total player bans not to total player numbers, but concurrent players? Blatant and desperate misuse of statistics, that's what.

Because those bans make 1,5% of total players, and that doesn't go well with your narrative, is it.

Wanna make use of concurrent players stat, use concurrent bans, which last ban wave should be a sufficient substitute for. Still favoring your agenda because it's an hourly snapshot vs a stat that accumulates over a monthly period, but i will allow it just to demonstrate how much the numbers don't favour you.

4000 bans as of the last wave (2 days ago).

2.196.049 concurrent players as of this moment.

Do me the honors and calculate the percentage yourself?

So your Apex stats disprove your point full-stop, and your CS:GO argument backfired spectacularly.

Anything else?

CSGO argument did not backfire at all, bold claims.

How about we use your logic to full use, we should calculate that number of live players then calculate the number of banned players in 1 month.

4k in 2 days, so by a months time close to 250k? perhaps more?

Rough logical calculations.

So 250k out of 2.1M

11.19%

So let us check what 770000 looks like as a maximum number believing the ban rate will not succeed it's last ultimate high.

36.6%

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Fedor

@superfluousreal: Your math is horrid. F grade.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

@superfluousreal: Your math is horrid. F grade.

Really badly thought out argument, math is 100%

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Fedor

@superfluousreal: Nope, you failed basic probs and stats. I can tell.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:

So you did no calculations you can just tell?

Actual math>>>>>>>>>>>bold claims.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

This is why I love private servers.

Obviously this doesn't help for AAA 'popular' games, but oh well. They should really just bring back the private server and let the smaller communities deal with cheaters. AAA devs ruining their own games by removing options like this. I have no idea where or why this trend started.

As long as there are popular games, there will be people who try to cheat. It's easier on PC for the same reasons why PC is great. Double-edged sword. Go figure.

Anyway this affects me way less than other because I give no shits about popular, competitive, online games and I just host private servers for my friends and I. (7 Days to Die, Factorio, etc...)

Pretty much any game on Game Tracker has a dedicated, private server option available. Life is good.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Fedor

@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

So you failed writing as well. This is not turning out well for you. Who is your teacher, they must be reprimanded.

SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 SuperfluousReal

@fedor said:
@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

So you failed writing as well. This is not turning out well for you. Who is your teacher, they must be reprimanded.

Mastermind>>>>>>>>>>>>>bad troll.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Fedor

@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:
@superfluousreal said:
@fedor said:

Mastermind>>>>>>>>>>>>>bad troll.

I am a mastermind but flattery will get you nowhere. Shame on you.