Ugh...Seems every PC game is filled with cheaters.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#201 Posted by SuperfluousReal (362 posts) -

And my job is done, delusion and use of veil has been fully rendered and articulately revealed.

I need no thanks, i enjoy being me.

#202 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:

And my job is done, delusion and use of veil has been fully rendered and articulately revealed.

Good Lord, the education system has failed you.

#203 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@fedor: why would I want anyone here to know who I am on Steam?

Do you think I’m new to the internet?

What exactly will that accomplish that can’t be done other ways without giving my profile name.

#204 Edited by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: How will people spam you? I think you're new to Steam because you clearly have no clue and are avoiding. I dont think you have any hours in these games.

Fake gamer alert.

This is your opportunity to "own" me like you said in that personal message you sent me. Remember, when you were all triggered? Take your shot, kid.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#205 Edited by SuperfluousReal (362 posts) -

In other news however, they are HWID banning players, there are ways around this however if it uses the same system as the Overwatch game then there is no chance of evading a ban.

https://www.gamelife.com/apex-legends/apex-legends-hwid-ban-frustrating-cheaters/

"After the first week, Apex Legends passed over the 10 million players mark. Out of those millions of players, there’s a large amount of cheaters."

#206 Posted by Zaryia (8504 posts) -
@superfluousreal said:

And my job is done

PC is the best system for online gaming.

#207 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@superfluousreal said:

And my job is done

#208 Edited by Kali-B1rd (2120 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@fedor: why would I want anyone here to know who I am on Steam?

Do you think I’m new to the internet?

What exactly will that accomplish that can’t be done other ways without giving my profile name.

Nobody spams your mailbox here, why would they spam your steam?

More-over, if you had any sense your steam information would consist of a a handle (that you can change) and no PII information. Going beyond that you can ban block any user or set your steam account to private-friends only after the debate.

A typical console person though, unless its included in the box, there is no additional thought put in.

Hence why we still got some people saying "PC is annoying having to update drivers and such" <--- WUT.

#209 Edited by pyro1245 (4992 posts) -
@fedor said:
@zaryia said:
@superfluousreal said:

And my job is done

I dunno... I wouldn't even consider doing any serious online gaming on a console.

Shooters are a no-go because controllers are not the right tool for the job. And then what other genres of online gaming are even available on consoles? MMO, nope. MOBA, nope, RTS, nope.

Oh yeah fighting games... those are probably okay on consoles.

Cheating will happen on all platforms if a game is popular. It's just easier on PC. I've seen people doing challenge runs on a modded Bloodborne on console so it's not impossible to hack a console and change things.

I still think the best option for online gaming is a PC, on a private server.

#210 Edited by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@pyro1245: My edit was to insinuate its the best for gaming, period. Online or otherwise. Sorry for the confusion.

#211 Posted by pyro1245 (4992 posts) -
@fedor said:

@pyro1245: My edit was to insinuate its the best for gaming, period. Online or otherwise. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah oops.

Well it's all good I wrote something similar on the last page but it got quickly buried by lots of quotes.

#212 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15997 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:

In other news however, they are HWID banning players, there are ways around this however if it uses the same system as the Overwatch game then there is no chance of evading a ban.

MACad and IPmask? <-I'm guessing cause I don't know, I don't play Overwatch. But both can be overcome, pretty easily.

#213 Posted by Bluestars (130 posts) -

@fedor: a pc gamer is a pc gamer,regardless of where they come from

Pc gaming is riddled,WORLDWIDE

#214 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@bluestars: What? Listen, I get you're an alt and you are doing your troll bit, but naw.

#215 Posted by Bluestars (130 posts) -

@fedor: pc gaming is riddled with cheats and hackers, that’s the topic on offer.

No bu but that’s in China and Russia damage control.when pc gamers say there is a billion gamers do they not count people from China and Russia?

#216 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: @fedor: look I’ll be honest I don’t know much about how Steam works. In the event we come to a way for me to prove my account you’ll probably be astonished how I know very little about how the privacy works vs how long I’ve been on Steam and how many games I have.

But that’s the reality.

I’ll go ask my friend if there would be a way for you to look me up under a different name and then change my name back bc I’ve had it since the beginning.

Other than that I’m not doing it bc as I said I don’t know how privacy works on Steam.

But before we go any further...I won’t do anything without a little wager.

Again, I know I can prove it....you don’t but you think you’re clever with your “FAKE GAMER ALERT, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!!!” shit.

So I want to embarrass you once I’ve proven you wrong.

#217 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@bluestars: Lol, you've already been violently refuted. I'm sorry.

#218 Edited by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: Lol, its worse than I thought. You really have no clue.

Offer ends in 20 min, can't be having you fabricate, fake gamer.

#219 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@fedor: what offer?

Is there a wager I missed?

Look...I’ll be straight up with you. From here on out either you say “yes let’s make a wager” and I prove you wrong and embarrass you with my wager....or you stfu up about “fake gamer” and never bring it up again.

If you do whenever the conversation is relatively close to topic I will forever bring up the fact that you did not have the balls to bet me bc you knew you were wrong bc you’re full of shit and that I gave you every chance to do so.

Take it or leave it.

Edit:

I already know you don’t know how this works as you gave me a timed deadline. This is the internet. People have lives. I’m not checking this site every 5 minutes so giving me 20 minutes for whatever is fucking stupid. Like something a 12 year old would think is a good idea bc the real world escapes them still.

#220 Edited by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: Please, kid. Do your worst. You're a fake, a phony, a Charlton. Your words are snake oil and you're too much a coward to prove you're not the cow everyone knows you are.

A real man would've proved me wrong by now.

Times running out. You got 5 min.

#221 Posted by Calvincfb (1218 posts) -

This is getting good.

#222 Edited by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@calvincfb: Saddle up, Recloud. Get your popcorn.

Edit: His times up. He's officially a fake gamer.

#223 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2120 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: @fedor: look I’ll be honest I don’t know much about how Steam works. In the event we come to a way for me to prove my account you’ll probably be astonished how I know very little about how the privacy works vs how long I’ve been on Steam and how many games I have. PC Gaming since 2000 ... has never looked at the steam settings.

But that’s the reality. Yea...

I’ll go ask my friend if there would be a way for you to look me up under a different name and then change my name back bc I’ve had it since the beginning. All your handles are revealed anyway.... what does it matter?

Other than that I’m not doing it bc as I said I don’t know how privacy works on Steam. I already explained.. if you don't have Personally Identifiable Information (PII) it is no different to this forum.

But before we go any further...I won’t do anything without a little wager.

Again, I know I can prove it....you don’t but you think you’re clever with your “FAKE GAMER ALERT, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER!!!!” shit.

So I want to embarrass you once I’ve proven you wrong.

I don't mind, this wager is pointless because I have nothing to lose... embarrassment? so what... to me it's just confirming that you can back up your claims...

There are a few issues here:

1) How do we know its your account?

2) How do we know its not a friends account?

Either way, I don't expect you to deliver anything tangible.

#224 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: Exactly, he's clearly been stalling. Too bad he was such a coward, this could have been fun.

#225 Posted by Bluestars (130 posts) -

@fedor:

PC Gaming is-riddled.your damage control can’t help you

#226 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@bluestars:

#227 Posted by Bluestars (130 posts) -

Ahh a daft gif, the final throw of the defeated dice

#228 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25240 posts) -

Record video, then we may care.

#229 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25240 posts) -
@br0kenrabbit said:
@superfluousreal said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@superfluousreal said:

The issue is Matchmaking has a skill system tied to it which rewards on actual skill so rank is given, highly rewarding to play. Most of us don't give a poop about server browsers because there is no incentive to play well and most people just throw or troll instead.

I do see your point however and it is valid if someone just wants a cleaner game, even there on servers however this is not guaranteed.

I am not familiar with matchmaking, I don't like playing with pubs.

I want to say something else.

A lot of people mistake client-side-prediction errors for cheating. Understand what you see on your screen is only approximate, not exact as per the server. This can lead to things like rounding a corner and getting shot through the wall, because on your attackers screen you're not yet around the corner.

This is not a thing unless the server becomes unsync'd which is a rarity but does happen, people are easy to spot who cheat in Eagle Master+ ranks because they need to be pretty blatant to outplay you to begin with, at Global however.. well this is a Global.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59vNY4zoLks

Games that used the zeroping client (like the original Planetside) were notorious for round-corner shots. TF2 had an issue with it for a while in beta and even after release. It's mostly up to a tidy network code.

And my tournament days were Quake, Quake II and UT. All that CS shit is slow as molasses, I couldn't watch more than two minutes of it, sorry. :-(

Battlefield 4 was plagued with this when it first came out as well. They fixed it with subsequent updates and a complete server change, however. All of their games, even with 64 players is basically lag free unless your connection to the server sucks. On PC, they moved to 60 hz servers, too, but I believe they are still using 30 hz on console. Of course, this game has had cheaters like others, but it's incredibly rare. I'd say 1 in every 30 games you might encounter a cheater, even then, I think I've only seen maybe 7 cheaters in my 70 hours of gameplay, so perhaps it's less more like 1 in 70 games.

#230 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@fedor: I don’t think you understand how capitalism works. I have the product you want. If it’s that big of a deal to you then be willing to pay the price.

#231 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: the bet isn’t for you. You’re not as simple minded as fedor.

#232 Edited by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: Naw, I don't really care anymore. You took too long, and lol at thinking you're worth a bet.

#233 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@fedor: oh excuse me....but you really had a hard on for knowing and proving my PC gamer Steam account.

#234 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6339 posts) -

@bluestars said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

13 million pc gamers have been banned from PUBG since 2017

That’s not a typo THIRTEEN MILLION

Yes and they are banned by battleye almost instantly you never really get to interact with a cheater for long.

If it was 13 million active users cheating then it would be a concern, but cheaters getting banned is a good thing.

In-fact PUBG so good at banning cheaters and potential cheaters some Pro's where banned for using tweaked UI/cross hair settings.

#235 Posted by Bluestars (130 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: which confirms the thread topic pc gaming is riddled with cheats banned or not the intentions to cheat are huge regardless of region

As I say I watch a lot of popular pc streamers and I see hackers all the time.

#236 Edited by Zaryia (8504 posts) -
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@bluestars said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

13 million pc gamers have been banned from PUBG since 2017

That’s not a typo THIRTEEN MILLION

Yes and they are banned by battleye almost instantly you never really get to interact with a cheater for long.

If it was 13 million active users cheating then it would be a concern, but cheaters getting banned is a good thing.

In-fact PUBG so good at banning cheaters and potential cheaters some Pro's where banned for using tweaked UI/cross hair settings.

He knows, it's called spin.

#237 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: Fake gamer.

#238 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@fedor: put up or shut up.

#239 Posted by DrLostRib (4887 posts) -
@kali-b1rd said:
@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: @fedor: look I’ll be honest I don’t know much about how Steam works. In the event we come to a way for me to prove my account you’ll probably be astonished how I know very little about how the privacy works vs how long I’ve been on Steam and how many games I have.

PC Gaming since 2000 ... has never looked at the steam settings.

This was one of his previous threads on PC gaming: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/pcs-user-errorwhen-bs-and-reality-collide-33443570/?page=1

Where even posting his specs seemed too difficult a task

#240 Posted by DrLostRib (4887 posts) -

@fedor said:
@superfluousreal said:

Good Lord, the education system has failed you.

pretty sure he's been booted from here before

Also, there was that time he argued about 6 hours being half a day

#241 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: You're irrelevant.

#242 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@drlostrib: false. The majority of you hermits didn’t want to help and I fixed it either way by reinstalling windows.

There was no need.

#243 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

@fedor: says the guy that is too scared to take a little bet.

You waste peoples time for a living?

You’re good at it.

#244 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1238 posts) -

Let’s say for arguments sake, yes, I don’t even own a PC for work or internet purposes.

Lol, unfortunately, that does not make the fact that PC is loaded with cheaters and hackers.

Sorry, but you hermits attacking my credibility of owning a PC....smoke and mirrors and is irrelevant.

#245 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2120 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: the bet isn’t for you. You’re not as simple minded as fedor.

Are you going to provide or what?

@bluestars said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: which confirms the thread topic pc gaming is riddled with cheats banned or not the intentions to cheat are huge regardless of region

As I say I watch a lot of popular pc streamers and I see hackers all the time.

So I figured you would be lying giving you didn't boast and provide a source, so a little digging reveals a few things:

• 50 Million users across PC and Xbox - 350 Million across mobile (seems like a whacky estimate to me, but fair enough) - by june the game reached 400 million players due to android - https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/19/17478476/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-sales-pubg-number-of-players
  • None of the articles stating 13 million confirms this is the PC version, and are dated after the above statistics - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-10-03-13-million-pubg-accounts-banned-to-date
  • So this means its all devices
  • Google "PUBG Android hacks" - yea you get the idea.
  • 13 million is 3.25% of all players.
  • many cheaters get instant banned, but still count to this statistic, it could be the same person spamming

I get your a worthless troll account I do... but you could pick much better ammo than this.

#246 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@that_old_guy: I don't bet fake alt gamers. Once again, you're irrelevant.

#247 Posted by DrLostRib (4887 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@drlostrib: false. The majority of you hermits didn’t want to help and I fixed it either way by reinstalling windows.

There was no need.

people offered help but you didn't seem to want any and just responded with what was later referred to as "fragile trolling"

#248 Edited by Vaasman (13671 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

Let’s say for arguments sake, yes, I don’t even own a PC for work or internet purposes.

Lol, unfortunately, that does not make the fact that PC is loaded with cheaters and hackers.

Sorry, but you hermits attacking my credibility of owning a PC....smoke and mirrors and is irrelevant.

So, are you admitting that you don't own any sort of gaming PC? Are you admitting most of your anecdotes about playing games on PC are lies then?

#249 Edited by Bluestars (130 posts) -

@kali-b1rd:

You still touting your % damage control?

Pc riddled with millions of online cheats, your acceptance is not needed,

You and your fellow pc gamers can throw figures about but you’ll Never change facts.

Hey you still got single player to boast about

Ps type in to google how many cheats on pubg and the top search is 13 million banned

That’s a hell of a lot of cheats, now before you try and say “hey they banned”Yea over the several years the cheats ran wild

I watch streamers,I see cheats

PC is riddled

#250 Posted by Fedor (4903 posts) -

@bluestars: "I watch streamers"

Lmao!!!