Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Such amazing gameplay, wow. Pressing a few buttons from one shaky cam cutscene to the next, amazing!

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Kids now praise cutscenes are killer gameplay.

This is the point we are at.

You can literally watch someone play through a movie game on Twitch or Youtube and get the same exact experience as if you were playing. These are linear games that consist of simple "move from point A to point B and interact with object C" gameplay. Player choice and deep gameplay mechanics are non-existent. They're also insanely short so you can watch the entire game/movie in just a few sittings.

Someone made a TLOU movie by combining all the cutscenes and walking scenes (where you walk from point A to point B while talking with another character). This showcases perfectly just how little gameplay these "games" actually have.

Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#153 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

So this is what gamers want out of their games these days? Ok then.

Luckily, all the craptastic shit games are fairly gathered around Sony which makes them easy to avoid.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#154  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

Such amazing gameplay, wow. Pressing a few buttons from one shaky cam cutscene to the next, amazing!

**** yeah! Have you seen the Spiderman game as well? Equally amazing!

I'm beginning to think PlayStation fans suck at games too much, so they need something a monkey can play. They barely have to press anything, they can mostly watch their games. I wouldn't really have much of a problem with that, but when they call said games "good" or "amazing", it gets really fucking annoying.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@sailor232 said:
@scatteh316 said:

I love all the butt hurt lemmings in here bashing the game..... it's a known fact that they would be hyping the shit out of GoW if it came from a Microsoft studio and was Xbox exclusive.

Well it would be a play anywhere title, have online co-op as well as a fully fleshed out multi-player, not just a one and done and would no doubt have download tokens for God of War 1-3 bundled in with the purchase.

So much speculative bull shit as to what it might have...... the salt is real!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321: I don't really know. I won't be picking up either of them, I know that. :P

@UssjTrunks: The Last of Us has really fun combat encounters.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

day one for me i cant wait for april 20

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@sailor232 said:
@quadknight said:
@sailor232 said:
@scatteh316 said:

I love all the butt hurt lemmings in here bashing the game..... it's a known fact that they would be hyping the shit out of GoW if it came from a Microsoft studio and was Xbox exclusive.

Well it would be a play anywhere title, have online co-op as well as a fully fleshed out multi-player, not just a one and done and would no doubt have download tokens for God of War 1-3 bundled in with the purchase.

Like how Quantum Flop was right?

LOL, delusional lems. That game was a movie game that a lot of lems hyped that ended up being extremely mediocre and was forgotten a month after it launched. MS sucks at doing movie games.

I really enjoyed Quantum Break, as did many many other people if you look at its "Very Positive" rating on Steam. I can enjoy games like this, hell I said nice things about this GoW trailer in this very thread. You're the one digging on MS and I replied with what Microsoft's main demographic of games are, games that include online with friends, multiplayer, and MS has been incredibly generous to the fans that stick with them by giving games away for free.

I'd bet if MS owned GoW it would include 1-3 with the purchase, it would be an amazing collection and a massive incentive to buy GoW4. I answered scatteh316's little quib about "What if", that's all.

Alright, sorry for going off on you.

I thought you were one of those people that praise Quantum Break but hate games like GOW and HZD and call them movie games. We have a lot of hypocritical lems on SW that love bashing Sony games by calling them movie games but then turn around and praise QB because it's on the Xbox.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#160 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think ive had too much to drink

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

MS/Xbox lives in your head rent free... Good stuff. lol

Plus this.... :P

@sukraj said:

I think ive had too much to drink

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Looks like another cinematic corridor third person action game. This time the gimmick is an annoying kid. Not sure if I want it, IMO the series went downhill after the very first title. God I wish they would have stayed a greek tragedy and didn't went into the nonsensical gorefest. Let's hope this gets a bit better...

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Nice movie!

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

You people are hilarious - all of the god of war games have been linear qte-infested affairs, with cinematic bombast and a wretched protagonist. This one adds a slightly different camera angle, better cinematics, and what appears to be a more 3d personality, and now you think it's shit.

Near as I can tell, this is the same crap with better paint and improved story. I'd call that a step forward for this brotacular series

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Kids now praise cutscenes are killer gameplay.

This is the point we are at.

You can literally watch someone play through a movie game on Twitch or Youtube and get the same exact experience as if you were playing. These are linear games that consist of simple "move from point A to point B and interact with object C" gameplay. Player choice and deep gameplay mechanics are non-existent. They're also insanely short so you can watch the entire game/movie in just a few sittings.

Someone made a TLOU movie by combining all the cutscenes and walking scenes (where you walk from point A to point B while talking with another character). This showcases perfectly just how little gameplay these "games" actually have.

You can do this for just about every game that has a campaign because games follow movies and anime. Its nothing new just getting better with mo caps and all that shit. Sure these linear action adventure games embodies this more then other genres. FPS You can watch the new Wolfenstein games, Halo 5 campaign fantastic intro cinematic btw. Stylistic actions, watch Vanquish or Bayonetta and get an Anime experience. Hell you can even watch The Witcher 3 and just get a much longer epic movie. If you seek just pure game play you have to look to other genres or the souls game way of approaching action rpgs or multiplayer. Thank god for many choices in this industry. At the end of the day its all about execution I like to experience TLOU combat encounters or Vanquish fantastic tps combat and watch the movies myself. Plus TLOU is also a fantastic movie to interact with lol.

I don't like to see too much focus of these types of games but lets see the execution of GOW. It is said to be 25 - 30 hours long just hope that is not all movies and it embraces the term wide linear.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@kingtito: a good story is not a specific games formula its a good story.

There is a 1st movie to have heavy action in it but do we say all action movies after are unoriginal ?

Do we say they're all copying ?

Nice reach lems. Mad cuase besides online killstreaks your games are simple as ****. A indie game is the only one with a good story.

Xbox is war themed. Thats the only reason why yall hate on good story games.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

R.I.P. Xbawx. I can see why Microsoft is giving away those upcoming mediocre 1st party games with game pass. PS4 is a beast.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Livecommander said:

There is a 1st movie to have heavy action in it but do we say all action movies after are unoriginal ?

Nice reach lems. Mad cuase besides online killstreaks your games are simple as ****. A indie game is the only one with a good story.

WTF? You got all of that bullshit from me asking how GoW4 is taking a risk? Ummm delusional much cow?

My games are any game I feel like playing on any system. Can you say the same cow? Didn't think so.

War themed huh? Umm yeah ok cow. Cows only hate on anything not PS because you're fanboys more than you're gamers. You hate on anything that ISN'T PS which leads to your motto "we don't love our own system, we just hate yours". You're exhibit A son.

BTW, since you seem to have reading comprehension issues, saying the game isn't taking a risk isn't the same as saying it's a movie game. GoW4 definitely isn't new so don't try to pass it off as so.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#169 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@davillain-: Nintendo made Samus emotional with Other M and it sucked. I feel the same fate with God Of War 4.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@davillain-: Nintendo made Samus emotional with Other M and it sucked. I feel the same fate with God Of War 4.

I happen to really like Other M though. Team Ninja did there best with Metroid Other M, it may not be the best Metroid series, but at least Team Ninja tried and I think they did okay what they were giving and I'll gladly give'em another shot at it. For God of War 4, I ain't got no worries and I'm positive this new direction will be amazing.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2032 Posts

I thought xb1 died 5 years ago at e3

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

spider man does not look alright i know isnomniac make great games but too many quick time events

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts
@blamix said:

I thought xb1 died 5 years ago at e3

this!

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@kingtito said:
@Livecommander said:

WTF? You got all of that bullshit from me asking how GoW4 is taking a risk? Ummm delusional much cow?

My games are any game I feel like playing on any system. Can you say the same cow? Didn't think so.

War themed huh? Umm yeah ok cow. Cows only hate on anything not PS because you're fanboys more than you're gamers. You hate on anything that ISN'T PS which leads to your motto "we don't love our own system, we just hate yours". You're exhibit A son.

BTW, since you seem to have reading comprehension issues, saying the game isn't taking a risk isn't the same as saying it's a movie game. GoW4 definitely isn't new so don't try to pass it off as so.

But I love my PS4 and hate the other consoles. You know it's possible to do both right?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 kingtito

@stuff238 said:
@kingtito said:
@Livecommander said:

But I love my PS4 and hate the other consoles. You know it's possible to do both right?

Doesn't seem that way for cows but who are you asking? I have my PS4, X1X, Switch and gaming PC. You think the age old cow mantra "we don't love our console, we just hate yours" came out of thin air? How many fanboys do you see openly wishing for another console manufacturer to close up shop? Gaming is a hobby not a religion, so why put limits on it?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#177  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@davillain- said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

I happen to really like Other M though. Team Ninja did there best with Metroid Other M, it may not be the best Metroid series, but at least Team Ninja tried and I think they did okay what they were giving and I'll gladly give'em another shot at it. For God of War 4, I ain't got no worries and I'm positive this new direction will be amazing.

Would you recommend the game?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@daredevils2k: Unless, of course, you don't care about God Of War games...

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I haven't been this amped for a GoW game since that God of War 3 demo on PS3 like 10 years ago. Day 1 purchase for sure!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@Pedro said:

Would you recommend the game?

Metroid: Other M has objective flaws, I won't claim it's a perfect game. I will admit it is still in my top 10 for the Wii system. The most annoying bit was the investigation mode, which didn't always give you clues. Use a guide to know those. Outside of that, and a story I didn't hate it, but also won't claim is great, I enjoyed it. The gameplay was easily more than enjoyable IMO, and now that it's dirty cheap, it's worth picking up now and I do recommend it as of right now.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I thought there was a slim chance this would release 2018? Regardless, looks great.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1858 Posts

I'm sorry, but this game is a lame self insert. It's the male power fantasy of Wattpad/Fanfiction. You know those Wattpad/Fanfiction stories where the girl is dating a hot male celebrity, and their real life girlfriend is jealous of said self insert character?

This is that, but put in a video game. Guy kills all the gods/goddesses of Greek Mythology and sleeps with the hottest goddess. : / Hard pass.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1858 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@i_p_daily said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@quadknight said:

@GameboyTroy: ? The whole thing is sad to watch actually. Watching lems bash PS4 exclusives is like watching someone dying from starvation complain about the quality of food in a buffet line. ? I’m like “dude, you’re dying! Any food at all will be good for you right now!”.

@xhawk27: I’m sorry dude, that game has FLOP written all over it.

? Lems are the only ones I see talking about it, it has zero hype outside of SW. Reminds me of Quantum Flop and how it was mostly lems hyping it before it released and failed both financially and critically.

Lems are starving, but cows are dying from food poisoning. Both situations suck.

I'm not starving I have a few games to play thank you very much. The only thing i'm starving from is a lack of time :(

Or are we talking exclusives, because we all know they are the only games on both consoles right?

If someone held a gun to my head and said pick a console to play on, I'd pick X1X. PS4 has 1 or 2 exclusives worth playing while X1X handles the multuiplats better (which is the majority of games on both consoles). Having said that, it would be nice if MS had more exclusives (and not just shovelware exclusives like on the PS4).

I have a PS4 and would NEVER got an Xbox. Coming from someone who LOATHES God of War (I'm sorry, but it's like a teenage boy wrote fanfiction of Greek Mythology, self insert included), but PS4 just has better exclusives.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 kingtito

@luxuryheart said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@i_p_daily said:
@UssjTrunks said:
@quadknight said:

@GameboyTroy: ? The whole thing is sad to watch actually. Watching lems bash PS4 exclusives is like watching someone dying from starvation complain about the quality of food in a buffet line. ? I’m like “dude, you’re dying! Any food at all will be good for you right now!”.

@xhawk27: I’m sorry dude, that game has FLOP written all over it.

? Lems are the only ones I see talking about it, it has zero hype outside of SW. Reminds me of Quantum Flop and how it was mostly lems hyping it before it released and failed both financially and critically.

Lems are starving, but cows are dying from food poisoning. Both situations suck.

I'm not starving I have a few games to play thank you very much. The only thing i'm starving from is a lack of time :(

Or are we talking exclusives, because we all know they are the only games on both consoles right?

If someone held a gun to my head and said pick a console to play on, I'd pick X1X. PS4 has 1 or 2 exclusives worth playing while X1X handles the multuiplats better (which is the majority of games on both consoles). Having said that, it would be nice if MS had more exclusives (and not just shovelware exclusives like on the PS4).

I have a PS4 and would NEVER got an Xbox. Coming from someone who LOATHES God of War (I'm sorry, but it's like a teenage boy wrote fanfiction of Greek Mythology, self insert included), but PS4 just has better exclusives.

In other words you're a fanboy......."I don't love my console, I just hate yours". It's either that or you're not old enough to buy your own games and consoles but what we do know is you're not a gamer, that's for sure.

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

God of war has been slapping around the lemmings since the first GoW demo disk premiered and had AAA franchise written all over it.

Only Uncharted makes the lemmings froth with insanity, anger and wantingness as much. Love it.

TLHBO

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

Looks like it got downgraded

Loading Video...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 QuadKnight

@moistcarrot said:

Loading Video...

You need to check your eyeballs. It got upgraded big time. Colors are far better and textures are even improved.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#188 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

thread backfire

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Pedro

@quadknight said:

You need to check your eyeballs. It got upgraded big time. Colors are far better and textures are even improved.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

Not even synced shots or in the same area (notice the light source in the left pic missing on the right one). ? You can do better than that you clown.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@mave198 said:

Only Uncharted makes the cows froth with insanity, anger and wantingness as much. Love it.

TCHBO

Fixed that for you, you're welcome :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Pedro

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

Not even synced shots or in the same area (notice the light source in the left pic missing on the right one). ? You can do better than that you clown.

The backpedal is golden. First you said something was wrong with the poster of the video eyes and "It got upgraded big time. Colors are far better and textures are even improved." but now that I took a screenshot from the same vid you trying to wiggle your way out. Accept your self ownage. :)

One should not make a clown of oneself.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#193 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

Detroit is being planned for Spring 2018.

https://twitter.com/QUANTIC_DREAM/status/956207982358007809

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Pedro
@GameboyTroy said:

Detroit is being planned for Spring 2018.

https://twitter.com/QUANTIC_DREAM/status/956207982358007809

Interesting. Are you getting it?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By QuadKnight

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

The backpedal is golden. First you said something was wrong with the poster of the video eyes and "It got upgraded big time. Colors are far better and textures are even improved." but now that I took a screenshot from the same vid you trying to wiggle your way out. Accept your self ownage. :)

One should not make a clown of oneself.

Any idiot can take a screen capture from a trailer on Youtube to make any game look bad. If you're going to do graphical comparison you need synced shots otherwise you look like an idiot like you are right now.

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@quadknight said:
@moistcarrot said:

Loading Video...

It really didn't dude.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@blamix: no xbox died last year from all those weeb games!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Pedro

@quadknight said:

Any idiot can take a screen capture from a trailer to make any game look bad. If you're going to do graphical comparison you need synced shots otherwise you look like an idiot like you are right now.

You making yourself look foolish again. Don't hate me for posting a screenshot from the video but don't let me stop you from the vicious backpedalling.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 QuadKnight

@moistcarrot: It did.

For the idiots in this thread using youtube compressed trailer shots to judge graphics, here are some direct feed screens....

There's a reason DF doesn't do graphics comparisons with youtube footage and actually rely on having the software in their hands while doing these comparisons.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Pedro

Compression doesn't change the difference between these two. :)