The gaming world moves with consoles, so why do I NEED a gaming PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#152 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

you don't need a gaming pc, if your content with your console then its all good.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

As pretty as a PC game can look, it has to work on consoles too,

SPYDER0416

Fortunatelly many PC games aren't designed with consoles in mind, so devs could care less if they ever could work on consoles or not.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

AdrianWerner

Fortunatelly many PC games aren't designed with consoles in mind, so devs could care less if they ever could work on consoles or not.

I was gonna say the same thing. Not all games would work on a console and it is the farthest thing from the mind of the developers. I do not see a game like Train Simulator 2012 being played on a console, nor Flight Simulator X (hundreds of AI in an area along with a whole world level vs, say a 500mx500m level).

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#155 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Because the PC has so many good exclusives, the most out of any system in fact, and it has significantly superior multiplats. As well as mods to make games even better. And keyboard/mouse support.. etc.. And much better graphics than consoles...

Mozelleple112

Pretty much this I agree with.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

If you want 9.5/10 games like Dark Souls, Halo Reach, Halo 3, Forza 3, Red Dead Redemption and Gears 3, all you need is a xbox 360 really

It even gets 9.0/10 PC games like Witcher 2

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I understand that gaming does not revolve around PC gaming but why should that stop people from getting the best experience they can get?

I really don't understand the argument being made here.... people shouldn't be gaming on PC? It isn't worth it?

It's true that console gaming affects PC gaming moreso than if they were switched but... your point?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#158 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

I'd love him to explain how Total War would work.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

If you want 9.5/10 games like Dark Souls, Halo Reach, Halo 3, Forza 3, Red Dead Redemption and Gears 3, all you need is a xbox 360 really

loosingENDS

The best of those games are on the PS3, PC and PS3 is the best combo, 360 has nothing to offer especially rpg exclusives.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

tenaka2

The best of those games are on the PS3, PC and PS3 is the best combo, 360 has nothing to offer especially rpg exclusives.

Well, maybe if you want to pay 1200+300 = 1500$ instead of just getting a 199$ 360 that has all these games and exclusives like Alan wake, Lost Odyssey, Ryse, Fable, Gears, Halo etc

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Well, maybe if you want to pay 1200+300 = 1500$ instead of just getting a 199$ 360 that has all these games and exclusives like Alan wake, Lost Odyssey, Ryse, Fable, Gears, Halo etc

1500? More like 600-700 if you only want 360 level of graphics.

It is more expensive still, but hey....cheapest stuff usually is the worst stuff. You want quality, you need to pay.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

The gaming world moves with consoles?

:lol: System Wars gets worse by the minute.

Where did FPSs, online multiplayer, digital download, modding, etc. first happen :lol: ?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Well obviously if you have very little money you can go for the cheapest and worst option, also since when was Fable an exclusive (awful games but anyway)? Same with Gears and Halo.

Saolin/Ablefa3 you really need some new lines, you are reusing the same weak stuff for quite a long time now.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 loosingENDS

also since when was Fable an exclusive (awful games but anyway)? Same with Gears and Halo.

tenaka2

The 8.9/10 Fable 2 is exclusive, same for Fable JOurney, same for Halo 3 - Reach and Gears 2-3

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

The great thing about a PC is that it can be used for a multitude of tasks besides gaming. Also, in the UK new releases are normally £10+ cheaper. If you buy 10 new games a year, that adds up to £100. Over the course of a generation, that difference will pay for your PC in kind. And at the end of a console life cycle, there's no need to buy an entirely new PC. As long as you make some sensible choices on purchase, all you will have to do is upgrade particular components as and when you see fit, allowing a PC to last 8-10 years before all the tech in the case is outdated. Many genres of games are also better suited to the PC such as RTS, TBS, MMO etc.

Add onto that the fact you can create and mix music, edit video, create custom control layouts for KB&M and controllers, install modifications and total conversions to change the way your games look and play, force cheats with many games to extend their life, DD sales like Steam season sales etc... as well as more obvious things like browse the internet, chat with your friends, skype long distance for free, word process and use entire MS Office like suites for free online, bit torrent for faster downloads of mods, TC's and demos (all entirely legal), spotify, photoshop etc...and the number of different things your PC can do is staggering.

Of course, it isn't without its own negatives. Some multi platform games have incredibly shoddy ports on release, perhaps forcing you to wait until the issues are patched (if they ever are) before purchase. Also, you may need to research the requirements for new games if your PC is a few years old to see if they will run decently. The initial purchase is steeper than any console that is toward the end of it's life cycle (but in comparison, my current PC that has 8GB RAM,a Quad Core processor and a Radeon 5770 1GB was cheaper than a PS3 at launch (£425)).

Even if you were buying a PC as purely a gaming machine, I would still recommend it. However, owning a console is also a wise a choice as it allows you to play console only multplats and other exclusives that the PC misses out on.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

also since when was Fable an exclusive (awful games but anyway)? Same with Gears and Halo.

loosingENDS

The 8.9/10 Fable 2 is exclusive, same for Fable JOurney, same for Halo 3 - Reach and Gears 2-3

Fable journey is a Kinect game, are you really putting your hopes in that? The fable games started off well but each one is worse then the last, journey will be lucky to score a 5 if that trend continues, regardless of how many leaves are on the trees.

The rest are just shooters that you have claimed in most threads 'don't interest you'.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Fable journey is a Kinect game, are you really putting your hopes in that? The fable games started off well but each one is worse then the last, journey will be lucky to score a 5 if that trend continues, regardless of how many leaves are on the trees.

The rest are just shooters that you have claimed in most threads 'don't interest you'.

The 8.9/10 Fable 2 is a shooter ?

Fact is 360 has some of my best RPGs as exlusives, like Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vespria, Blue Dragon etc

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Fact is 360 has some of my best RPGs as exlusives, like Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vespria, Blue Dragon etc

Fable 3 is on PC and the other games are average at best, MS have abandoned the 360 core gamer, all the investment is on Kinect, there is nothing coming for the 360 that is in anyway interesting to a person that likes RPGs.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#169 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I solely have my PC for Blizzard games (Diablo 2,warcraft 3,Starcraft 2 and the expansions, soon to be Diablo 3) the occasional RTS,The witcher series and the xbox games I'm to lazy/can't get for my 360 (like kotor and SW republic commando).

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Fable 3 is on PC and the other games are average at best, MS have abandoned the 360 core gamer, all the investment is on Kinect, there is nothing coming for the 360 that is in anyway interesting to a person that likes RPGs.

8.9/10 games like Fable 2 are now average at best ?

Well, if you hate 360 a bit too much

Lost Odyssey and Vesperia are my top JRPs this generation by far too, nothing average about them

Also Fable Journey, Ryse, Draco, Dust, Mass Effect 3 KINECT, Skyrim+timed exclusiev DLC, Witcher 2, Fable 4 etc coming to 360 are all interesting to me

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

8.9/10 games are now average at best ?

The 360 itself is fine, its the crazy fanbois who try to claim it is the best gaming experience and that the Fable series is the best thing in gaming because of trees with 20000 leaves. Also people that repeatedly break the T&C rules and no one notices Saolin/Ablefa3 tend to grind my gears.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

8.9/10 games are now average at best ?

The 360 itself is fine, its the crazy fanbois who try to claim it is the best gaming experience and that the Fable series is the best thing in gaming because of trees with 20000 leaves. Also people that repeatedly break the T&C rules and no one notices Saolin/Ablefa3 tend to grind my gears.

So, you mean 360 is not the best gaming experince for anyone ?

For me the system that i can play all of Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Oblivion, Fable 1-2-3, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Lost odyssey, Ryse, Draco, Halo, Gears, FF13-2, Alan wake, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Crysis 1-2, Metro 1-2, Stalker 2 etc for only 199$ is by far the best, that is all

And is just my opinion, you mean we cant have our own opinion ?

Also games that get 8.9/10 in metacritic dont get so high for beeing bad experiences, games like Fable 2 are just some of the best this generation, that is why they get 8.9/10 average from critics

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 tenaka2

For me the system that i can play all of Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fable 1-2-3, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Lost odyssey, Ryse, Draco, Halo, Gears etc for only 199$ is by far the best, that is all

loosingENDS

You can have an opinion, perhaps the fact that your username changes every few months should let you know the problem may be in the way you word your opinion rather then the opinion itself. I am sure the 360 is the best gaming experience for people that only have $199 dollars.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Personallly I think that every gamer should have every system to play every game they're interessted in and I'm pretty sure every system has at least one exclusive somebody wants to play :S The PC is by far the strongest system and delivers graphics console only gamers could only dream about. It also has more high rated exclusives than all 3 consoles combined, add that to Mods, free online services, the freedom to play as you want (you can use a controller if you want), lots of indie games and the best prices for the games it easely become the best platform if ypou go single platform. Also most have a PC at home for home office stuff so you need one anyway, why not invest a bit more for the best gaming experience?

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

For me the system that i can play all of Witcher 2, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Fable 1-2-3, Mass Effect 1-2-3, Lost odyssey, Ryse, Draco, Halo, Gears etc for only 199$ is by far the best, that is all

tenaka2

You can have an opinion, perhaps the fact that your username changes every few months should let you know the problem may be in the way you word your opinion rather then the opinion itself. I am sure the 360 is the best gaming experience for people that only have $199 dollars.

Or dont find it reasonable to spend more when can have all those games with the 199$ xbox 360

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Or dont find it reasonable to spend more when can have all those games with the 199$ xbox 360

I agree its good for casual gamers.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

You mean Skyrim, Witcher 2, Dark Souls, Gears, Halo are casual games ?

It is also good for the hardcore gamers as well, far more than PC imo, that does not get Dark Souls

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

It is also good for the hardcore gamers as well, far more than PC imo, that does not get Dark Souls

I have darksouls for the PS3, good game but not played it a lot yet, the best version of Skyrim will most likely be on the PC and the Witcher 2 will slip again if it even makes it to the 360, in the same way witcher 1 did.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

I have darksouls for the PS3, good game but not played it a lot yet, the best version of Skyrim will most likely be on the PC and the Witcher 2 will slip again if it even makes it to the 360, in the same way witcher 1 did.

Skyrim best version is the one that will get the DLC 30 days before anything else for me

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Skyrim best version is the one that will get the DLC 30 days before anything else for me

The fact that MS has as usual bribed devs to include overpriced DLC earlier then anyone else will not help the game having to deal with the limitations of the 360 lol.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

The fact that MS has as usual bribed devs to include overpriced DLC earlier then anyone else will not help the game having to deal with the limitations of the 360 lol.

No, but will help me play more of the game sooner, which is what i want far more than a bit better visuals

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AdrianWerner

loosingENDS

Weird, I would think the PC edition, which will be the prettiest and most hardcore version, one that gets long additional content for free would be the best version.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 AdrianWerner

No, but will help me play more of the game sooner, which is what i want far more than a bit better visuals

loosingENDS

But using this logic 360 version of Witcher 2 is hugely inferior, not just late, but also uglier..and this doesn't bother you, while 30 days delay is DLC is such a big deal? You're a mysterious man.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

AdrianWerner

But using this logic 360 version of Witcher 2 is hugely inferior, not just late, but also uglier..and this doesn't bother you, while 30 days delay is DLC is such a big deal? You're a mysterious man.

I did buy Withcer 2 for PC and have finished it once

On low setting and 1024 resolution though, since i dont have a gaming PC

I will rebuy it for 360 for the native pad controls and visuals and play it the other way a 2ond time (choose other faction)

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tenaka2

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

I will rebuy it for 360 for the native pad controls and visuals and play it the other way a 2ond time (choose other faction)

When in discussion you always claim to have every system, but the way you post hate against the other systems makes your claims somewhat doubtful. :)

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]But using this logic 360 version of Witcher 2 is hugely inferior, not just late, but also uglier..and this doesn't bother you, while 30 days delay is DLC is such a big deal? You're a mysterious man.

tenaka2

When in discussion you always claim to have every system, but the way you post hate against the other systems makes your claims somewhat doubtful. :)

I have every system, but i still play 99% on my 360, that is why my opinion is that is the best system by far

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

I have every system, but i still play 99% on my 360, that is why my opinion is that is the best system by far

Anyone that has read more then 5 of your posts would not believe you.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

Well, that would be bad judgement then, since i do own all systems

But i agree that everyone biased against 360 will be inclined to think i support it because is the only system i have

But that could not be further from the truth, i only support it because it gets the best of all worlds, WRPGs like Witcher 2, Dark Souls, Skyrim, JRPGs like Lost Odyssey, Action/Adventures like Fable 2-3, my favourite shooters like Halo, Gears, advantures like Alan Wake, amazing XBLA games like Bastion, Braid, Limbo, best motion controls in Kinect, unique games like Draco, Ryse, Gunstringer etc

And all that for only 199$

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 tenaka2

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

But i agree that everyone biased against 360 will be inclined to think i support it because is the only system i have

But that could not be further from the truth, i only support it because it gets the best of all worlds, WRPGs like Witcher 2, Dark Souls, JRPGs like Lost Odyssey, Action/Adventures like Fable 2-3, my favourite shooters like Halo, Gears, amazing XBLA games like Bastion, Braid, Limbo etc

Again, this post alone shows you only own an xbox but if you think posts like this help your argument most people would disagree with you.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

tenaka2

But that could not be further from the truth, i only support it because it gets the best of all worlds, WRPGs like Witcher 2, Dark Souls, JRPGs like Lost Odyssey, Action/Adventures like Fable 2-3, my favourite shooters like Halo, Gears, amazing XBLA games like Bastion, Braid, Limbo etc

Again, this post alone shows you only own an xbox but if you think posts like this help your argument most people would disagree with you.

Well, anyone interested can have my PS3 account name with Demons Souls trophies

As for PC, i am typing from it

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

If you want to talk hard core gamers, then one only has to take a look at flight simmers. Whether it is dogfights featuring 30+ fliers online or the guy who only flies offline with hundreds of AI aircraft in a 50 mile zone (not to mention, having the ability to fly anywhere in the world as the whole world is modeled, to the guys who fly transoceanic flights via VATSIM (ATC for flight simmers), there are no gamers as hardcore as flight simmers, especially when people build their own home 737 cockpit with working panels. Let's see yoru 360 do that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

You don't need a gaming PC, that's just what they want you to think so you can become one of them. Stay with us, us console peasants will take care of you forever and ever

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

What you gonna say after those 30 days when PC gamers get a hold of it and we have all our free mods.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

NoodleFighter

What you gonna say after those 30 days when PC gamers get a hold of it and we have all our free mods.

By 30 days after a game comes out, I generally have already finished it, or have shelved it and am unlikely to return to it. Major DLC (such as GTA's Episodes, or Deus Ex's The Missing Link) are usually enough to draw me back for a few days, but other than that, I've already moved on. What good do mods do me if I'm already done with the game (one way or another) by then?
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

lowe0

By 30 days after a game comes out, I generally have already finished it, or have shelved it and am unlikely to return to it. Major DLC (such as GTA's Episodes, or Deus Ex's The Missing Link) are usually enough to draw me back for a few days, but other than that, I've already moved on. What good do mods do me if I'm already done with the game (one way or another) by then?

So everyone is going to play the game at launch?

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

NoodleFighter

Have you seen how front-loaded sales are for consoles? I can't speak for PC gamers, but on our side of the fence, yeah, pretty much.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#197 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

lowe0

Mods can hadd hundreds of hours of questlines.....go look at oblivion. I just got an entire expansion for free for Company of Heroes thanks to generous mod teams. I now also essentially have 5 different games to play after BF2 got modded. But why am I writing back to an obvious troll, no one believes a word you say, it seems you just waste all day on here trying to get people angry
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

wis3boi

Mods can hadd hundreds of hours of questlines.....go look at oblivion. I just got an entire expansion for free for Company of Heroes thanks to generous mod teams. I now also essentially have 5 different games to play after BF2 got modded. But why am I writing back to an obvious troll, no one believes a word you say, it seems you just waste all day on here trying to get people angry

The topic was whether mods have the same value for everyone, not whether you believe me or not. Please try to stay on topic in the future.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 NoodleFighter

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] By 30 days after a game comes out, I generally have already finished it, or have shelved it and am unlikely to return to it. Major DLC (such as GTA's Episodes, or Deus Ex's The Missing Link) are usually enough to draw me back for a few days, but other than that, I've already moved on. What good do mods do me if I'm already done with the game (one way or another) by then?lowe0

Have you seen how front-loaded sales are for consoles? I can't speak for PC gamers, but on our side of the fence, yeah, pretty much.

What about when those mods bring in things like Wishboi has said like new quest and etc

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22885 Posts

The gaming world moves with consoles?

:lol: System Wars gets worse by the minute.

Where did FPSs, online multiplayer, digital download, modding, etc. first happen :lol: ?

N30F3N1X
Not talking about where we came from... everyone knows where modern gaming was developed. Pc is responsible for so much especially compared to early generations of gaming, my initial point is that with consoles now being functionaly similar to pc in the large spectrum of gaming, ie online, hd, genre strength sans rts games, minus the theft to a large degree, developers have clearly declared that the way they develop games have consoles at their core... nobody is attacking the pcs legacy, im implying that its future is designed alongside the console.