The gaming world moves with consoles, so why do I NEED a gaming PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11816 Posts

[QUOTE="N30F3N1X"]

The gaming world moves with consoles?

:lol: System Wars gets worse by the minute.

Where did FPSs, online multiplayer, digital download, modding, etc. first happen :lol: ?

TheEroica

Not talking about where we came from... everyone knows where modern gaming was developed. Pc is responsible for so much especially compared to early generations of gaming, my initial point is that with consoles now being functionaly similar to pc in the large spectrum of gaming, ie online, hd, genre strength sans rts games, minus the theft to a large degree, developers have clearly declared that the way they develop games have consoles at their core... nobody is attacking the pcs legacy, im implying that its future is designed alongside the console.

The PC will keep doing it's thing and whatever consoles can do better :P

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 EvanTheGamer
Member since 2009 • 1550 Posts
You don't need a Gaming PC, period. They don't offer any true advantages to consoles and are not even taken seriously by devs anymore. They say it has the most eXclusives, but thats just not true when you take into account the ones that are actually worth a damn. PC is niche platform, if you are weird and still like RTS or MMOs or Facebook games, stick with it. Otherwise what your topic states is true, consoles ARE the gaming industry.
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 NoodleFighter

You don't need a Gaming PC, period. They don't offer any true advantages to consoles and are not even taken seriously by devs anymore. They say it has the most eXclusives, but thats just not true when you take into account the ones that are actually worth a damn. PC is niche platform, if you are weird and still like RTS or MMOs or Facebook games, stick with it. Otherwise what your topic states is true, consoles ARE the gaming industry.EvanTheGamer

AngryJuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 AngryJuice
Member since 2011 • 305 Posts

Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XDEvanTheGamer

Agreed. Damn PC Gamers mad that Consoles have Mods, Superior Graphics, More exclusives, More games, and more Freedom than there 2,000 dollar toys! :lol:

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 NoodleFighter

Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XDEvanTheGamer

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#207 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22985 Posts
[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XD

I just cant believe that in 11 pages of comments maybe 2 pc gamers actually read and understand my point... the rest are defensive like i kicked their poodle.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XDTheEroica
I just cant believe that in 11 pages of comments maybe 2 pc gamers actually read and understand my point... the rest are defensive like i kicked their poodle.

YOUR experience moves with consoles...because you have to buy a new console to get a new experience. PC just gets them as they come/evolve. I don't see MMOs, RTS, simulation, FPS, horror, RPGs, or anything else evolving on consoles. Fighting and platforming evolve on consoles because they aren't popular with PC, and adventure games to a lesser degree. Not to mention we have all the control schemes, and can modify how almost all of them work to our liking. Nothing provides an all-in-one solution like PC can.

In reality, no console maker or PC controls the flow of evolution or new experiences. It's all up to the developers to create them.

EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 EvanTheGamer
PC Gaming evolves? I wouldn't call Zynga type pay to play games evolving, at least not for the better.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XDChubbyGuy40

YOUR experience moves with consoles...because you have to buy a new console to get a new experience. PC just gets them as they come/evolve. I don't see MMOs, RTS, simulation, FPS, horror, RPGs, or anything else evolving on consoles. Fighting and platforming evolve on consoles because they aren't popular with PC, and adventure games to a lesser degree. Not to mention we have all the control schemes, and can modify how almost all of them work to our liking. Nothing provides an all-in-one solution like PC can.

In reality, no console maker or PC controls the flow of evolution or new experiences. It's all up to the developers to create them.

RPGs are evolving on consoles, Dark Souls is a bright example and most big RPGs from PC like Witcher 2, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1-2-3 are on xbox 360

And games like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 look like exact copies of the older ones, so where is the evolution ?

The best fps i have played is still Halo btw

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

"If PC offered a new style of gaming that was a must have experience..."

It doesn't, pure and simple. PC Gaming is the most conservative, traditional platform out there. 10 years ago the majority of us played with Keyboard and Mouse. Today, the majoirty of us play with Keyboard and Mouse. 10 Years from now, we will most likely be playing with Keyboard and Mouse.

Is that bad? No. We don't have to worry about motion controls being a hit and taking over how we control our games.

Consoles offer new experiences in gaming because companies have to market themselves as different than other compeitior consoles. Motion controlls being a hit? Yes.

Is that a bad thing? No, motion controls are pretty good when done properly.

ShadowDeathX

This, although motion controls right now are sorta bad :P. The fact of the matter is PC was and is so ahead of the rest that it doesnt need any change. If it did, gamers would have bought an item that proved so. I love that my PC gives me choice. I am not forced to use all this proprietary junk.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Don't you people ever get tired having the same argument over and over again ?

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#213 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

And games like Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 look like exact copies of the older ones, so where is the evolution ?

loosingENDS

If diablo 3 is exact copy of Diablo 2 than Dark Soul is exact copy of Demon's Soul.

Even Starcraft 2 wasn't an exact copy of SC1, and D3 brings far more changes than SC2 ever did.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#214 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Skyrim best version is the one that will get the DLC 30 days before anything else for me

lowe0

What you gonna say after those 30 days when PC gamers get a hold of it and we have all our free mods.

What good do mods do me if I'm already done with the game (one way or another) by then?

They extend the game you know...I still playing games from 2005 thanks to mods...

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 AdrianWerner

What good do mods do me if I'm already done with the game (one way or another) by then?lowe0
So I guess you never play add-ons and DLC?

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

AdrianWerner

If diablo 3 is exact copy of Diablo 2 than Dark Soul is exact copy of Demon's Soul.

Even Starcraft 2 wasn't an exact copy of SC1, and D3 brings far more changes than SC2 ever did.

Agreed, Dark Souls is like Demons Souls, but the thing is that Dark Souls is a next gen RPG, with a vastly improved combat system, design etc

It is not stuck to cliking the mouse to fight and flat open grounds for the world

SC2 was a big step down too, only human compaign was a downer of epic proportions

Also Diablo 3 new art style reminds me nothing of Diablo, another huge downgrade and let down

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 AdrianWerner

SC2 was a big step down too, only human compaign was a downer of epic proportions

Also Diablo 3 new art style reminds me nothing of Diablo, another huge downgrade and let down

loosingENDS

The complexity of SC2 campaign increased though and Diablo 3 brings a tons of new features.

And sorry...but "downraging" isn't a term you can use for art style change.

Bassicaly you should have just written you don't like the changes, instead of making up stuff up about them being exact copies of older titles. which is even more ridiculous seeing as you are bashing the changes in Diablo 3...how is it exact copy if it has enough changes to make you hate it?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

Agreed, Dark Souls is like Demons Souls, but the thing is that Dark Souls is a next gen RPG, with a vastly improved combat system, design etc

It is not stuck to cliking the mouse to fight and flat open grounds for the world

Dark Souls and Demons souls are not next gen, good as the games are they are still hack and slash action RPGs running in sub HD.

As for SC2 it scored the same as DS and you really shouldn't make comments like that on games you havn't played.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"]What good do mods do me if I'm already done with the game (one way or another) by then?AdrianWerner

So I guess you never play add-ons and DLC?

Depends on whether I'm still playing the original game or not. My backlog is getting too big.
EvanTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 EvanTheGamer
PC Gamers need the add-on and DLC because so little comes out whereas consoles get big name games ALL the time.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

PC Gamers need the add-on and DLC because so little comes out whereas consoles get big name games ALL the time.EvanTheGamer

Not sure if your serious.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XDTheEroica

Your point being that consoles are in the lead now? It was refuted on the first or second page. Consoles only lead the way now in big budget AAA first party game development. They aren't innovating anything new except for perhaps motion controls. PC pioneered DD and has pioneered almost every aspect of console hardware (CD, HDD, HD) and many aspects of console play (online play). Consoles get those big budget AAA titles now such as CoD because there is money to be had there. It doesn't mean that consoles are leading the way in game development nor in the amount of exclusives. Consoles right now have a very high profile because companies are investing money to make them stand out. That shine is starting to fade now. PC still leads the way in exclusives, innovations and is still the driving force behind gaming. It might be more casual now than hardcore (debatable), but nevertheless WoW by itself crushes everything else out there in terms of sheer numbers.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#223 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
I'm sure PC gamers love sitting there looking at there brand new GTX590 waiting for that one game that needs it
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

You don't need a Gaming PC, period. They don't offer any true advantages to consoles and are not even taken seriously by devs anymore.

Better graphics/more customizability/mods don't count as true advantages?

They say it has the most eXclusives, but thats just not true when you take into account the ones that are actually worth a damn.

It's your own opinion that the exclusives aren't worth a damn. Too bad it is not shared by everyone. The only fact is that it has more exclusives.

PC is niche platform, if you are weird and still like RTS or MMOs or Facebook games, stick with it.

Yes because of course MMOs and RTS are the only genre of games the PC has :roll:

Otherwise what your topic states is true, consoles ARE the gaming industry.

Weird. Why are PC sales doing so well recently and just keep going up then?

EvanTheGamer

You're obviously a console fanboy who doesn't take his time to figure out what's really going on in the industry.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="TheEroica"][QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]Uh oh, you can tell you hit a nerve when the pc kids start pulling out the funny pictures! XDmenes777

Your point being that consoles are in the lead now? It was refuted on the first or second page. Consoles only lead the way now in big budget AAA first party game development. They aren't innovating anything new except for perhaps motion controls. PC pioneered DD and has pioneered almost every aspect of console hardware (CD, HDD, HD) and many aspects of console play (online play). Consoles get those big budget AAA titles now such as CoD because there is money to be had there. It doesn't mean that consoles are leading the way in game development nor in the amount of exclusives. Consoles right now have a very high profile because companies are investing money to make them stand out. That shine is starting to fade now. PC still leads the way in exclusives, innovations and is still the driving force behind gaming. It might be more casual now than hardcore (debatable), but nevertheless WoW by itself crushes everything else out there in terms of sheer numbers.

Unless I miss my guess, PCs also pioneered motion controls too. TrackIR was first released in 2001.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#226 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts
PC Gamers need the add-on and DLC because so little comes out whereas consoles get big name games ALL the time.EvanTheGamer
really now......I didn't know that.....oh wait, you pulled that out of thin air
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Yet, it has the most exclusives... It's kind of funny that, eh?

Oh wait, you'll just say they're not worthwhile, or something along those lines.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
Because good sandbox games that don't belong in the previous generation can't be done on consoles due to lack or RAM.
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

Actually it's PC that drives the changes in the industry. Most trends and gameplay ideas are born there. Console gaming is always couple steps behind PC, instead focusing on mainstream and generally being averse to taking chances.

AdrianWerner
True, games like To the Moon, though not released yet but sure to be great, and Minecraft are perfect examples of this. In fact, the games I tend to prefer besides multiplats are indie games. I just don't care about rts and mmos, though I'll occasionally give them a whack if I fancy them enough, but I've downloaded a little free game called Barkley Shut Up and Jam, and it's awesome. So's Quintessence - The Blighted Venom. I'm looking forward to a lot of other great games from small devs that don't do consoles on the pc. I think the thing that upsets me the most, though, is the fact that jrpgs can't hardly be found on the system anymore like they once could. That troubles me greatly. Just think of how incredible FF XIII would look on a modern gaming PC. Hmm, just think of modding the game and correcting the mistakes that Squenix made with the battle system. Sigh, but it's ok. My Android and especially my iTouch are getting a lot of jrpg love, so I'm good:)
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mitu123

PC Gaming evolves? I wouldn't call Zynga type pay to play games evolving, at least not for the better.EvanTheGamer
Yes, even console gaming had to take ideas from the PC.

GeorgeCScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 GeorgeCScott
Member since 2011 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]PC Gamers need the add-on and DLC because so little comes out whereas consoles get big name games ALL the time.lundy86_4

Oh wait, you'll just say they're not worthwhile, or something along those lines.

I find console 'exclusives' to be console games, which don't interest PC gamers (UC would be cool on PC, but its just another TPS snoozer) PC is the only place to play multiplats, and the only place to play games like SWTOR etc. Really a console is just an affordable PC when you think about it ... so why do you want a PC? Because its a good version of a console!
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

I find console 'exclusives' to be console games, which don't interest PC gamers (UC would be cool on PC, but its just another TPS snoozer) PC is the only place to play multiplats, and the only place to play games like SWTOR etc. Really a console is just an affordable PC when you think about it ... so why do you want a PC? Because its a good version of a console!GeorgeCScott

Unfortunately, you have little to back up your assumption that console exclusives do not interest PC gamers.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]PC Gamers need the add-on and DLC because so little comes out whereas consoles get big name games ALL the time.GeorgeCScott

I find console 'exclusives' to be console games, which don't interest PC gamers (UC would be cool on PC, but its just another TPS snoozer) PC is the only place to play multiplats, and the only place to play games like SWTOR etc. Really a console is just an affordable PC when you think about it ... so why do you want a PC? Because its a good version of a console!

Not necessarily. I was a console gamer until about two years ago, when I made the switch to pc gaming when I realized how vastly supperior the platform is, but it upsets me that games like Final Fantasy XIII aren't on the PC. I don't usually care about rts or mmo games. Now I love action rpgs like Torch Light, and I love playing multiplats on the PC that are available on the platform. There are exclusives coming out on the pc that a lot of people don't know about, but are so on my radar, like To the Moon, Dead Cyborg, The Swindle, Card Hunter, Fortune Summoners, Hard Reset, Explodemon!, Legend of Grimrock, The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, Syndicate, and on and on it goes. It's not like mmos and rtss are the only kinds of games the PC has. I'm happy to see independent devs step in and fill the void left by the loss of games like FF XIII. Maybe it's for the better even, as better games can be found made by people that care about the platform and not just the dollar bill.
loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="EvanTheGamer"]PC Gamers need the add-on and DLC because so little comes out whereas consoles get big name games ALL the time.GeorgeCScott

Can i play Dark Souls, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake, FF13-2, Project Draco, Ryse, Dust, Fable JOurney, Halo 3-Reach, Gears 2-3 etc on PC though ?

On the other hand i can definatly play Witcher 2, Skyrim and Mass Effect 1-2-3 on xbox 360

In fact Mass Effect 3 gets Kinect support and Skyrim gets exclusive DLC on xbox 360, making the 360 version the one of choice for me by far, plus has native pad controls i prefer by far too

sickcrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 sickcrack
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="GeorgeCScott"]I find console 'exclusives' to be console games, which don't interest PC gamers (UC would be cool on PC, but its just another TPS snoozer) PC is the only place to play multiplats, and the only place to play games like SWTOR etc. Really a console is just an affordable PC when you think about it ... so why do you want a PC? Because its a good version of a console!lundy86_4

Unfortunately, you have little to back up your assumption that console exclusives do not interest PC gamers.

i support him.i,as a pc gamer,would only play god of war if santa monica give me money to play their crappy game.same goes for uncharted.hell,i wont play lbp2 even if sony give all the money to me.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 AdrianWerner

lundy86_4

Consoles are so cheap that any pcgamer who has any interest in console exclusives already has one.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

AdrianWerner

Consoles are so cheap that any pcgamer who has any interest in console exclusives already has one.

Or just has a 199$ xbox 360 that covers most of PC big games, like Witcher 2 etc and fits in his living room better than a huge PC

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 AdrianWerner

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

loosingENDS

Or just has a 199$ xbox 360 that covers most of PC big games, like Witcher 2 etc and fits in his living room better than a huge PC

Umm..why would any PC gamer get 360? It's the worst choice for him. Almost everything of note on 360 is either on PC (in most cases in vastly superior version) or on PS3. PlayStation 3 is the best choice for PCgamers obviously.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

loosingENDS

- plug PC into TV - plug controller into PC - argument invalid
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

No need for a gaming PC if you have a console.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 AdrianWerner

Pug-Nasty

There's no need for console if you have gaming PC either.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 mitu123

Pug-Nasty

I have all the consoles this gen(PS3, Wii and 360) and still own a gaming PC.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

Pug-Nasty
Maybe not but you still need a desktop which is half way there (or a laptop which costs even more), for the same price as a console plus accessories you could probably set yourself up with a modest gfx card (a 560/6870 or better easily).
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

SapSacPrime

Maybe not but you still need a desktop which is half way there (or a laptop which costs even more), for the same price as a console plus accessories you could probably set yourself up with a modest gfx card (a 560/6870 or better easily).

My laptop runs games very well, but there really isn't a need for a gaming PC when you have a console, since you're getting most of the games anyway.

The logic goes the other way as well, but it's probably cheaper to buy a regular old laptop and a console than it is to buy a gaming PC.

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts
[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Consoles are so cheap that any pcgamer who has any interest in console exclusives already has one.

wis3boi

Consolites will ALWAYS ignore this and come up with the OMG LIVING ROOM, OMG BIG TV, OMG COUCH, OMG CONTROLLER arguments no matter what we say and how many times we say it.
starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

AdrianWerner

There's no need for console if you have gaming PC either.

This. That logic works both ways. And before you talk about price, some of us need a high performance PC anyway, and for those, plug in a good GPU and you're good to go. That is cheaper than buying a console while also having a PC.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

starjet905

Consolites will ALWAYS ignore this and come up with the OMG LIVING ROOM, OMG BIG TV, OMG COUCH, OMG CONTROLLER arguments no matter what we say and how many times we say it.

Plugging a PC into a TV is easy now, but that still doesn't get you a UI that can be navigated with just a controller or native controller support in 100% of games ("most" is not good enough). Just because you can plug something in doesn't mean it works the same way.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

[QUOTE="starjet905"][QUOTE="wis3boi"] - plug PC into TV - plug controller into PC - argument invalidlowe0

Plugging a PC into a TV is easy now, but that still doesn't get you a UI that can be navigated with just a controller or native controller support in 100% of games ("most" is not good enough). Just because you can plug something in doesn't mean it works the same way.

gaming pcs are to big to fit on my shelf if i use a controler i will get pwned online fps and rts games which is the reason i even game on pc.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

starjet905

Moving my work PC to the living room to play a game is not reallty my idea of having fun

Same if i had to buy a brand new gaming PC to have in the living room

Also not all PC games have native pad controls

So, these arguments are 100% valid, xbox 360 offers me all PC games i want, for 199$, without having to buy a gaming PC or have one in the living room and all games play the way i prefer, with pad