The gaming world moves with consoles, so why do I NEED a gaming PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

Those generational leaps wouldn't be happening to the extent that they are without PC gaming pushing hardware incrementally. Also PC has it's own world. We almost exclusively talk about mainstream gaming here which is why you don't see much of it, but under the surface PC has many vibrant gaming ecosystems that are separate from the monotonous big-budget, ad-driven gaming scene many of us only know or care about.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="AdrianWerner"]Actualy we do get Fables and 360 doesn't get titles like Dead State, King's Bounty, Old Republic, new Shadowrun, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Neverwinter, Planetside 2, Firefall or Arma III

adamosmaki

Fable 2 and Fable JOurney will never be on PC actually, so no, PC does not get all Fable series

Also i dont care for any of the games you mention, are they 9.5/10 ones like Dark Souls and offline single player RPGs that i care about ?

All i cared for was Witcher 2 and that one is coming to my 360

So does consoles dont get Crysis, Stalker and the Witcher series Let alone games like Starcraft , Total War series, Sins of Solar empire, Company of heroes , Dawn of war series and every decent strategy and MMO. Or do strategy and MMO's dont count because they are only found on pc ?

They do count, but not for me

I never played MMO or liked their quality as games

Also i had enough of strategy games, they all seem so same to me now and i rarely play them anymore

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Also i had enough of strategy games, they all seem so same to me now and i rarely play them anymore

loosingENDS

I wonder when you will burn out on RPGs then, considering that generally far less variety in that genre than in strategy one, epsecially since you don't like MMORPGs.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SquirrelTamer
Member since 2011 • 1185 Posts
The games, it has more exclusives this gen than all 3 consoles combined. Heil68
Definitely not. At least if you only count AAAA, AAA & AA
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"]The games, it has more exclusives this gen than all 3 consoles combined. SquirrelTamer

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AriQpIFbPoEacGM1b0xxcGVucFQ3OFc4N3BNZmd2QkE&gid=0

PC: 16 AAAE + 91 AAE = 107
PS3:1 AAAAE +8 AAAE +19 AAE =28
360: 9 AAAE + 17 AAE =26
Wii: 1 AAAAE + 4 AAAE + 30 AAE = 35

All three consoles: 89

107 > 89, Charles.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"][QUOTE="Heil68"]The games, it has more exclusives this gen than all 3 consoles combined. waltefmoney

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AriQpIFbPoEacGM1b0xxcGVucFQ3OFc4N3BNZmd2QkE&gid=0

107 > 89, Charles.

Take away the AAE. Cause everyone knows AAE games are crap.

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 waltefmoney

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

SquirrelTamer

That's not how the System Wars Metagame works.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

waltefmoney

Of course it does. Consoles=Quality, PC(lol)=Quantity

And what are these doing here,Crysis and The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings??That means it's 23>14

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

Well, the consoles don't have good strategy games. The don't have Mount & Blade. No ARMA 2. No Il-2 Sturmovik, or any respectable flight simulators I guess. No Trackmania, or SPAZ or Minecraft, Terraria, Project Zomboid or other awesome indie games. Then they get the inferior versions of some really good games, like Oblivion, Deus Ex, Crysis, Fallout, Just Cause 2, etc. etc.

I think the better question is "Why would anybody want a console over a PC if they could afford a good PC?"

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#110 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

SquirrelTamer

More like PC = Quality and quantity...and it´s only one system vs three lolol.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 waltefmoney

Of course it does. Consoles=Quality, PC(lol)=QuantitySquirrelTamer

AAE games are considered quality games, Charles. That's why they're a part of the metagame. Just because you think games like Killzone 3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune andValkyria Chronicles are crap doesn't mean they are.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SquirrelTamer
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

More like PC = Quality and quantity...and it´s only one system vs three lolol.

no still only quantity. oh and you forget AAA games like Dark Souls and RDR further showing console exclusitivity superiority.
SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]Of course it does. Consoles=Quality, PC(lol)=Quantitywaltefmoney

AAE games are considered quality games, Charles. That's why they're a part of the metagame. Just because you think games like Killzone 3, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune andValkyria Chronicles are crap doesn't mean they are.

Well at least they cannot be given the same importance as AAAA and AAA. And why you calling me charles? It's not my name where you get this from?
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 xLittlekillx

You guys trying to argue with As or whatever, you're doing it wrong. A mediocre game on PC is generally the equivalent of a Pretty Good game on consoles.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 waltefmoney

Well at least they cannot be given the same importance as AAAA and AAA. And why you calling me charles? It's not my name where you get this from?SquirrelTamer

In the metagame? They can and they have.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]Well at least they cannot be given the same importance as AAAA and AAA. And why you calling me charles? It's not my name where you get this from?waltefmoney

In the metagame? They can and they have.

What?
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 waltefmoney

What? SquirrelTamer

It doesn't matter if a game scored AAAE or AAE, it still holds the same weight in the metagame. Do I really need to explain this to you? You've been here a long time.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xLittlekillx

deal with it

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]What? waltefmoney

It doesn't matter if a game scored AAAE or AAE, it still holds the same weight in the metagame. Do I really need to explain this to you? You've been here a long time.

So it's a broken game then. No I haven't, 3 weeks is not a long time.
Firebird-5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Firebird-5
Member since 2007 • 2848 Posts
i prefer to think that the gaming world moves with wannabe PCs and PC offcuts for games
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 hypoty

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"] Definitely not. At least if you only count AAAA, AAA & AA SquirrelTamer

107 > 89, Charles.

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

I'd say it's a testament to the predominance of PC gaming when it takes 3 platforms and asinine rules (AA games crap, seriously?) for it to be comparable without decimating the competition.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

107 > 89, Charles.

hypoty

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

I'd say it's a testament to the predominance of PC gaming when it takes 3 platforms and asinine rules (AA games crap, seriously?) for it to be comparable without decimating the competition.

Lol PS3 alone has more AAA. And 2 AAAA. The PC only has more in AA and A AKA the crap games

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Arach666

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

SquirrelTamer

Lol PS3 alone has more AAA. And 2 AAAA. The PC only has more in AA and A AKA the crap games

A games are considered good,Infamous 2 is an A game,so is it crap then?
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 waltefmoney

SquirrelTamer

So now we're not talking about exclusives anymore, but mixing in multiplats as well?

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 SquirrelTamer
[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

A games are considered good,Infamous 2 is an A game,so is it crap then?

Yes
SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SquirrelTamer
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

So now we're not talking about exclusives anymore, but mixing in multiplats as well?

They're exclusive to consoles. Cause that's what this is about isn't it? Consoles vs PC. If you buy a PS3 or an xbox you will have a bigger selection of AAA and AAAA games to choose from.
hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 hypoty

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

23>16. AAAAAWW YEAHHH

SquirrelTamer

I thought we only counted AAAe games when comparing platforms? Or are we grouping consoles together for for multiplats now? Also check this out, Gamespot is missing a bunch of PC multiplat reviews so going by anything other than exclusives doesn't do justice to the metagame, unless we act as if games that aren't reviewed simply don't exist. Who needs reality anyway?

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 waltefmoney

They're exclusive to consoles. Cause that's what this is about isn't it? Consoles vs PC. If you buy a PS3 or an xbox you will have a bigger selection of AAA and AAAA games to choose from. SquirrelTamer

That's true. And if you buy a gaming PC you will have a bigger selection of quality games that you can't play on PS3 or Xbox 360.

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 SquirrelTamer
[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

I thought we only counted AAAe games when comparing platforms? Or are we grouping consoles together for multiplats? Also check this out, Gamespot is missing a bunch of PC multiplat reviews so going by anything other than exclusives doesn't do justice to the metagame, unless we act as if games that aren't reviwed simply don't exist. Who needs reality anyway?

Why would we? We aren't comparing individual platforms. The whole thread is about grouping together consoles. And sure but on the other hand according to that spreadsheet Crysis and TW2 still counts as PC excusives.
SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]They're exclusive to consoles. Cause that's what this is about isn't it? Consoles vs PC. If you buy a PS3 or an xbox you will have a bigger selection of AAA and AAAA games to choose from. waltefmoney

That's true. And if you buy a gaming PC you will have a bigger selection of quality games that you can't play on PS3 or Xbox 360.

How does that makes sense?
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 waltefmoney

How does that makes sense?SquirrelTamer

AAE games are quality games, C. Your personal opinion won't change the rules.

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 hypoty

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"] Lol PS3 alone has more AAA. And 2 AAAA. The PC only has more in AA and A AKA the crap games

SquirrelTamer

I thought we only counted AAAe games when comparing platforms? Or are we grouping consoles together for multiplats? Also check this out, Gamespot is missing a bunch of PC multiplat reviews so going by anything other than exclusives doesn't do justice to the metagame, unless we act as if games that aren't reviwed simply don't exist. Who needs reality anyway?

Why would we? We aren't comparing individual platforms. The whole thread is about grouping together consoles. And sure but on the other hand according to that spreadsheet Crysis and TW2 still counts as PC excusives.

This thread wasn't about games, scores, the metagame or grouping consoles, its only been derailed by score discussion. You replied to this post:

"The games, it has more exclusives this gen than all 3 consoles combined."

Which is technicallycorrectas we don't count console multiplats as exclusives here, and even if we did it would still be relevant as he didn't specify AAA exclusives. This whole thread and argument has been twisted beyond recognition.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"] Lol PS3 alone has more AAA. And 2 AAAA. The PC only has more in AA and A AKA the crap games

SquirrelTamer

Crysis and Witcher 2 are no longer PC exclusives

In fact Crytek is now making a 360 exclusive, Ryse

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]How does that makes sense?waltefmoney

AAE games are quality games, C. Your personal opinion won't change the rules.

Consoles still win. And what rules? I rather have more AAA than A or AA. Don't care about the rules.
SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SquirrelTamer
[QUOTE="hypoty"]

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"][QUOTE="hypoty"]

This thread wasn't about games, scores, the metagame or grouping consoles, its only been derailed by score discussion. You replied to this post:

"The games, it has more exclusives this gen than all 3 consoles combined."

Which is technicallycorrectas we don't count console multiplats as exclusives here. This whole thread and arguement has been twisted beyond recognition.

Yeah you are right. Technically that statement is correct. But it's a pretty bad statement.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Arach666

loosingENDS

Yeah,a kinect game lol.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 waltefmoney

Consoles still win. And what rules? I rather have more AAA than A or AA. Don't care about the rules.SquirrelTamer

Then why post this:

Definitely not. At least if you only count AAAA, AAA & AA SquirrelTamer

:|

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 loosingENDS

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Arach666

Yeah,a kinect game lol.

Actually it is a pad game, that will use Kinect as option

SquirrelTamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 SquirrelTamer

[QUOTE="SquirrelTamer"]Consoles still win. And what rules? I rather have more AAA than A or AA. Don't care about the rules.waltefmoney

Then why post this:

Definitely not. At least if you only count AAAA, AAA & AA SquirrelTamer

:|

I was wrong ok? I was thinking about AAAA & AAA. Consoles still have more AAAA, AAA, AA and A
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 waltefmoney

I was wrong ok?SquirrelTamer

Okay. :)

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#141 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I guess you could say that while gaming world moves with consoles, it moves to where pcgaming points it first. :)

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Well, the consoles don't have good strategy games. The don't have Mount & Blade. No ARMA 2. No Il-2 Sturmovik, or any respectable flight simulators I guess. No Trackmania, or SPAZ or Minecraft, Terraria, Project Zomboid or other awesome indie games. Then they get the inferior versions of some really good games, like Oblivion, Deus Ex, Crysis, Fallout, Just Cause 2, etc. etc.

I think the better question is "Why would anybody want a console over a PC if they could afford a good PC?"

xLittlekillx

For me, one big reason is that I can avoid attitudes like this one:

deal with it

xLittlekillx

Oh, wait....

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#143 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

lowe0

deal with it

xLittlekillx

Oh, wait....

Yeah, no.

This kind of attitude is everywhere.

Try to say something bad about Demon Souls/Dark Souls, fanboys will swarm all over you that you are a casual inferior gamer that should return to Fable and other easy Xbox games. (This actually happened to me)

How about "hardcore" gamers blaming "casuals and noobs" that Epic balanced the game in a way that even the people who play less can have fun with the game and get at least some kills in Gears 3.

How many times have you seen 360/PS3 gamers looking down on the Wii as a last gen kiddie toy?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#144 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
the whole idea of "system generation" is getting fuzzier as new system release dates get messed around with and, more importantly, with how nintendo just said "f*** this" and didn't do a huge technical leap. now as to why you would play games on a PC if the generations (arguably) move with consoles, well keep in mind that the PC doesn't work like a console, so it's in constant evolution, and when consoles make a leap, the PC will be ready to handle the games the new consoles will have, so it doesn't make a difference.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I have a space hopper, so do I really need a car to get to work or should I just hop the 5 miles?

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
'The gaming world moves with consoles'. So you're clearly out of touch with the industry aren't you? It's the most progressive platform in terms of delivering unique software experiences, far more then consoles. If you want dedicated motion control hardware inputs, well here's the console door.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

lowe0

deal with it

xLittlekillx

Oh, wait....

So you can't take a joke?

Hah, wow, that's actually quite funny.

Well then it's your loss not hanging with the basement dwelling neckbeard PC gamers, and missing out on all the fun.

Right up there with 'I don't play Nintendo games because I don't want to assocaite with the weeaboos'.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#148 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Games move generations with consoles, and its pretty well known. PC's can do amazing things, but its not like an entire generation in graphics.

As pretty as a PC game can look, it has to work on consoles too, and even today you're still getting around medium settings with most games (and BF3 being low apparently).

Not a bad thing for PC's though. You might hear PC gamers complain that consoles hold back the power of a PC, but that's just not true. I can remember a time when PC's required constant upgrading to keep in touch with the best games. Now, you can still play games with an old 8800 due to the optimization consoles bring in a generation.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#149 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

Its a question I've often wondered... folks be very passionate about how epic it is being a PC gamer as opposed to being a console gamer and I can see the hotness in having a crystal clear resolution and 60fps etc etc etc... but when all is said and done, is the juice worth the squeeze? This industry does not move in cycles based on the PC, meaning games dont evolve from generation to generation based on PC only games, but rather by the consoles... so in short, while admittedly the PC offers a premium performance for a premium price, my gameplay experience moves with the console generation and filters through or along side what PC is doing.

Now Im sure this will all be misunderstood by the system wars ilk, but I stand by it. If PC offered a new style of gaming that was a must have experience, id be first to jump, but again console development is what moves te generation forward.

TheEroica

No one NEED's a gaming PC or any of the consoles for that matter. Regardless of the SW claims, all that really matter is whether a given platform suits your personal preferences. There are a couple of different reasons why I prefer my PC over my consoles:

There's a number of genres that I enjoy, that a severely under represented on the consoles. For example, all variations of the strategy genres are almost non existent (RTS's TBS, city builders, 4x's and so on).

In addition, I find the current PC market far more interesting and diverse than the console game market (note that I'm not saying it's necessarily better). While there's currently a big overlap in terms of multi-plats and ports of various kinds, I'm seeing more and more truly different and innovative titles appear on the PC, both from indie developers and from minor studios outside the more established industry.

I do think most of the big budget 'Michael Bay / James Cameron' style games appears on all platforms with a clear focus on making sure that they work well on consoles. Games like Call of Duty, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Grand Theft Auto are all feeling more and more like block buster Hollywood movies. Now there's nothing wrong with that and if that's the style of gaming you tend to enjoy the most, I think the consoles are pretty much as good as a PC (sure there's some technical differences and we can argue about the exclusives and so on, but they are pretty close to one another).

What makes the PC the superior platform for me personally is that in addition to the big budget rollercoaster's, I'm seeing a flood of new concepts, new ideas, new ways of gaming, new ways of selling games and so on. I think some of these changes and innovations will in time start appearing on the consoles while others will be forgotten again. But I enjoy being part of the experiment and I love seeing the first signs of where tomorrows gaming might be heading, and for that, I think the PC is the better platform.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
The games, the mods, the endless possibilities, kb+m, owning servers,there the first ones that get the new tech before everyone else, and so much more The pc gaming experience is a whole different experience altogether than playing on consoles that you really need to try in order to experience I like both, but ill always be passionate about pc gaming. Im just saying if your only sticking to one or the other your missing out...