SWM Fall Issue 2011 is coming soon - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26098 Posts

T H E M A G A Z I N E

August 21 to September 4 - Issue 44

Never miss an Issue, follow SWM on Twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/swm_magazine

Hello Gamespot!

This is Willy105, the Editor in Chief of System Wars The Magazine. Now yes, I'm sure some of you remember that I resigned this position when I was banned.

Anyway, we got cool stuff for you this issue, from a review of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective by Fabz_95 (oh, that's the Editor in Chief that replaced me), we compare Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 in a Reality Check by DarkLink77 (wanted dead or alive by at least three factions of System Wars), impressions of Final Fantasy Type-O by SILVURcross (another Gamespot veteran...and such), and more!

Also, there were rumors that a million people were banned from Gamespot recently (of which DarkLink77 has more about), so if you were banned, make sure you don't still post here.

Because they might ban you.

THIS IS SYSTEM WARS THE MAGAZINE!

LAST TIME ON SYSTEM WARS

DarkLink77:

Reports of Nintendo's death appear to have been greatly exaggerated, because the 3DS sold a s***load of units. Sheep prostrated themselves before this new zombie overlord, while everyone else wondered just how long the black magic that brought Nintendo back from the dead could last.

Stevo_the_gamer effectively troll-, I mean educated, the denizens of System Wars with graphs, charts, and other mathematical hoopla that proved the 360's dominance in high scoring games on Gamespot. He then posted the same data for GameRankings, which ruined the thre-, I mean presented a differing view. Either way, the cows were very angry and mooed about changing standards and more recent games alot. Then they went back to hyping a bunch of remastered PS2 games.

A bunch of prominent System Wars members were banned for being bad people. Well, except for 110million. He was banned for not realizing that reporting a mod's posts is a bad idea. TheMoreYouOwn was also banned. It is said he contacted the mods shoirtly after he was banned to call them a bunch of jelly lemmings. FlipMode and Morteccai were banned, too, and no one seems to know why. Oh, well, must not have been important. Mrmusicman247 was glitch banned for a little while, too, but he came back. Sources close to System Wars the Magazine inform us that he hang out with zombie Nintendo now.

Speaking of Nintendo, they released Xenoblade Chronicles in Europe, to outrageously high critical acclaim. The game still has no American release date, however, which is a clear indicator that it isn't worth playing. Thanks for keeping the bad games away, Reggie! Moar Mario Party, plox.

Oh, and El Shaddai came out, but it's a multiplat, so no one gave a crap. Cows continued to play all of their flops, and lemmings returned to hibernation until Gears of War 3 once they realized the game wasn't a shooter.

Oh, and Zelda is apparently an RPG now. With no stats. How the f*** does that even work? System Wars the Magazine has contacted BioWare to elaborate on the subject, as apparently they have experience on such things.

REALITY CHECK: BATTLEFIELD 3 VS MODERN WARFARE 3

DarkLink77:

The battle for FPS supremacy is an old one, fought many times over the genre's relatively short history. It all started in 1999, when Epic Games, a relatively unproven studio at the time, released Unreal Tournament a week before id Software, PC's gaming's darling studio, released Quake III.

Well, Gabe was right.

Reports on who won that battle vary. Some claim Unreal stole the show, but others maintain that Quake III was better (and it was). Posterity seems to have ruled on the side of Quake III (see Quake Live and the XBLA re-release),but one thing's certain: Unreal won the war, largely because id couldn't be f***ed to develop another Quake game. On the other hand, Unreal Tournament 3 butchered pretty much everything that Unreal had going for it, so I guess a dormant franchise beats the crap out of one that's been dragged through so much horse s*** that no one wants to associate themselves with it anymore.

With both of the former champions in a coma thanks to their developers not giving a s***, and the genre having largely transitioned to consoles, it would be eight years until the next great battle took place, and ironically, no one would know there'd been one at all until it was over.

If you haven't guessed yet, I'm talking about Halo 3 versus Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. Much like Quake before it, Halo was the reigning champ, and Call of Duty, while a solid series, was the newcomer. But they were very different games. Halo was a sci-fi shooter, with the most competitive play you could find on consoles with a skill based ranking system. It also offered an amazing (if finicky) map editor called Forge, a camapaign with co-op for up to four people, and a ton of Easter eggs and unlocks that added replay value to the campaign and cosmetic options so you could pimp out your Spartan into that bright pink killing machine with a unicorn avatar that you'd been dreaming about since Combat Evolved.

Call of Duty 4 was a modern military shooter, a fairly rare thing at the time (Hard to believe in hindsight, right?), that featured a short, highly scripted single-player campaign, and a pretty barebones multiplayer mode, at least compared to Halo 3's. There was no co-op, no competitive ranking system, and no map editor. No, instead, Call of Duty focused on player progression. Kills got you killstreaks. Get some kills without dying, and you could call in abilities, most of which could get you more kills. The more kills you got, the more experience you got. Get enough experience and you'd level up, unlocking more guns and abilities known as perks, which you could use to edit the ****s you spawned with. Of course, all of this made the game incredibly unbalanced, but who cares?

If you'd said in 2006 that the next Call of Duty would oust Halo as the biggest FPS franchise, people would have laughed at you, but we all know who won now.

Fast forward 4 years: Call of Duty is king of the industry. It is the best-selling game Every. Single. Year. despite the ridiculously unbalanced multiplayer, the stupidly short campaign, and rehash after yearly rehash. In fact, it is so successful that Activision has 5, count 'em, 5 (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Beachhead, Sledgehammer, Raven)development studios that do nothing but make Call of Duty. But the educated among us know that Call of Duty is s***. We want something different, something better.

Enter EA, who wants a slice of that big ol' FPS pie, and so this year another of the great FPS battles begins: Call of Duty vs. Battlefield. And the fanboys are off and running.

"Battlefield 3 will save the genre!"

"Modern Warfare 3 will sell better!"

"Battlefield 3 has better graphics!"

"Modern Warfare 3 has better controls!"

And the debates go on, and on, and on. But what I want to know is, "Who gives a f*** anymore?"

I mean, f***, don't you people ever get tired? Aren't you tired of playing games with zero creativity, and on-rails campaigns? Aren't you tired of killstreaks and unlocks, and perks and using the same goddamn guns over and over and over? Aren't you tired of fighting against terrorists and Russians and Russian terrorists and plots that play out like they were written by a conspiracy theorist who's been locked in a closet for the last 20 years and doesn't realize that the Cold War is over?

I mean, compare these two pictures:

Oh, look, an M16 with a scope. I've never seen that before.

Would you be able to tell the difference between these two games if you didn't know which was which? Aren't you tired of this being all the FPS genre is? You're telling me this s*** is going to save this industry? Have you lost your f***ing minds? Deus Ex, RAGE, Bioshock Infinite, and Prey 2 look like much better games. Or f***, at least they look interesting. I mean, at least there the developers had to try and use their brains to *gasp* create something original.

I mean, I get why PC gamers care. They're in it for the graphics, pure and simple. Battlefield is going to push their rigs. They've haven't had a game like this in 4 years, and they want it so bad that your practically have to wipe the drool off your screen after reading one of their posts. At least, I hope that's drool. As for console gamers, I don't why the f*** any of them would care. They're getting a gimped game that probably won't even play well.

When I look at these games, I don't see that much difference. I don't see any creativity on the part of the developer at all. I don't see a worthwhile campaign. I don't see a multiplayer game that's giving me something new. Sure, Battlefield fans will pull the vehicle card and the "B-b-but Battlefield takes more teamwork than Call of Duty!!!" card, but the former doesn't matter and the latter just means that all your teammates are headed in the same direction at some point in the game. And Battlefield fanboys, have you forgotten how much Battlefield openly apes Call of Duty now? Did you play BC2? Because I did. Do you really think EA wants to alienate the gamers who got into Battlefield off of that game, considering how well it sold? Remember the last time a FPS game series started on the PC, made some console spin-offs, and then merged the two together for the third installment?

No?

How about now? Had you managed to bleach that out of your brains yet?

So what is so special here, people? All I see are two generic modern war games that, going by the histories of their respective series and their publishers will: Have terrible hit detection, unbalanced gameplay (see BF2, BC2 and MW, MW2), no mods tools on PC, a ton of DLC and other s*** that we don't want (Oh, hai CoD Elite and Origin), and little developer support because within a year, both publishers are going to try and sell you a new version of the same game under a different name (The next Treyarch CoD and the next MoH). And to top it all off, EA has announced that they're going to release a Battlefield game every other year, too. Sound familiar?

Holy s***, I may have found a difference between the two! One game uses laser guns

So remind me again what the f*** the difference is here besides pretty graphics (which don't mean s*** at the end of the day), some teamwork, a large player count (which doesn't mean s*** period), and some vehicles, because I'm not seeing it.

If Battlefield 3 is the savior of the FPS genre, let's just take it out behind the shed and do what needs to be done now, because this is f***ing pathetic.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Willy105

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 IMPRESSIONS

siLVURcross:

Agito, as it was once called, was first introduced as a mobile game years ago and then eventually moved to become a PSP title. At long last, we've received; well the Japanese anyways have gotten a demo of what could be the first real Final Fantasy in a long time. The demo starts off with some impressive pre rendered cutscenes. The cutscenes detail some rather violent events, of what looks to be a war. Some students participating in this war, a crazy academy of sorts and other things I don't particularly understand. So far it seems the latest installment of Final Fantasy will be a much darker one. Perhaps a welcoming change of pace?

Let's just jump straight into the gameplay then, to begin, it's not turn based. Its action based, it reminds you of Crisis Core, but it's a lot more refined than that. To begin, all the characters feel very unique. They all have different moves and play very differently. The demo only had 7 characters but I believe the final game will have 15, so there's lots of variety to choose from. You can have multiple characters fighting together (max 3 including yourself), I believe there is a multiplayer option with friends, however I haven't tried it, nor sure if the demo included it. There is also the option to go solo, this personally is my preferred option, having party members controlled by the AI may die and I'd have lost a character for nothing. There is also the option to have "Guest" characters, these characters are shadowy forms of your party members, and even though they do die, they won't have wasted a party member. You can't switch them out so if they are occupying a slot you can't remove or switch to them.

The character commands are inputted using the face buttons, the Triangle button is your normal attack, the Square button is usually your magic, and the Circle button is your active command while your X is your defensive spells or moves. Pressing Circle+Triangle unleashes the summon you have selected prior to the mission. In the demo there was Golem and Shiva to pick from.

However these summons come with a cost, the life of one party member you use the command on. Summons don't last forever either, with a span of either their life bar depleting or the timer running out. These commands are customizable, and new commands are unlocked as you gain AP and spend them accordingly. AP can also help grow other stats and essentially help your characters grow even stronger.

Magic on the other hand, has its own slew of assortments and management that you'll have to keep an eye on. There are different types of magic, they are labeled by MIS (Missile), ROK (Rocket) and so forth. Their properties are different so it's best to pay attention to which character has which kind. Magic has its own form of leveling, known as the Alto Crystarium.

Powering up your magic is crucial, though in the demo, it's locked so I wasn't able to give it much of a shot to try it. From what I do understand is that you'll have to collect "Phantasma" items which are found by defeating enemies. But how you collect them is big, when you defeat an enemy, a special lock on appears on the dead enemy, holding it and waiting for the reticule to flip will allow you to extract the phantasma, this ability also restores a little bit of mana. It's an annoying little feature that I wish was better designed. This is mostly due to the lock-on system which auto locks onto an ALIVE target rather than the dead target, this makes sense, however to change targets to a dead one, you have to press Down on the D-pad rather than switch between normally with left and right, this makes it a bit more confusing and a bit more tedious.

Speaking of the lock on system, the camera is also a big issue. I understand it's mostly due to the lack of dual analog on the PSP, but there are a lot of times when it's just a real nuisance. The lock on system does a poor job of readjusting the camera and most of the time you won't be able to see what's going on and could end up getting killed. It also has trouble catching up with Shiva when you're using her, making it difficult to land her attacks. If there is one major flaw, it's the camera. Hopefully by the final release, Square will have fixed this up.

Other gameplay elements include being able to switch up party members in battle. Should your controlled character fall in battle, you can easily just change to another and continue where you left off. Having a party of 3 allows you switch between the 3 as well (provided they aren't guests), this gives a lot of versatility and allows you to incorporate a lot more different play sty|e into a mission. There are also items as well, but in the demo they only included some HP restore and MP restore, nothing significant or gameplay changing. During missions however, you may receive an "S.O" which flashes at the top, my belief is that it stands for Special Orders. These special orders add a bonus objective that you may or may not want to complete. They are entirely optional though I'm not 100% what the benefit of completing them are. However there is a time limit in completing these orders and failure to do so means the cost of your life.

Another element is the "Overkill" (I totally made that up) attack, basically there are times when the reticule changes to either Yellow or Red, performing an attack an enemy while this is the case either causes massive damage or kills them respectively. Learning how to time your attacks is essential in completing your mission quickly for the best grade possible. It doesn't necessary discourage mashing, but it encourages to better time your moves and better learn the enemy's movements, which in later missions is crucial.

In terms of graphics, the game looks very solid for a PSP title. Square's been known for making some of the best looking handheld games, and this is no exception. It's not spectacular or had the same impact of WOW like Crisis Core did or looks as solid as Kingdom Hearts but it's still a good looking game. The academy where you begin doesn't offer much exploration as most of the areas are locked out from the demo. But it still provides a feel that this game is quite a big one, lots of NPCs as well around, some moving from area to area to give it a more livelier feel to it. Also to my surprise, there was also a town! Albeit the town was very small, it didn't contain much but a few narrow alleys and some people including a merchant who sells accessories. Still we went from no towns in Final Fantasy XIII to a small one, slowly Square's getting there.

Lastly, how does the soundtrack stack up? If you know me, you'll know that I absolutely loved Final Fantasy XIII's soundtrack, it's one of the huge pluses for the game. So how does Type-0 fare? Well, it's incredible. The songs fit quite well with the tone of the missions, whether you were going off into a battlefield with Bahamut in the background blasting away at stuff or in a forest taking down mechs, they would make the feel of the battle quite epic. Even while exploring the academy with it's much more peaceful tone you could feel the soundtrack of this game is going to be quite solid.

Overall the game is very solid, I've enjoyed the demo quite a bit (put like 10 hours into it). There's a lot of replayability with trying to complete all missions with an S grade, using one of the other varied characters, leveling up your magic, gaining new commands and much more. There are sidequests to do, places to explore, fantastic music to enjoy and some incredibly difficult missions to fulfill. The game has its share of flaws one mainly being the camera and the other being that it can be quite difficult at times, with the camera not making it any easier. It also has this "The 3rd Birthday" feel for me, the way the timing attacks work, the interface has the same kind of look, the fact that you have to really abuse the dodge roll. However, while The 3rd Birthday didn't feel like Parasite Eve, Type-0 feels more like a Final Fantasy title than XIII was. This just might be the long awaited "true" Final Fantasy game we've all been waiting for.

GHOST TRICK: PHANTOM DETECTIVE

Fabz_95:

Ghost Trick is a unique DS game released earlier this year and I know I'm a little late to the party but I can easily say that this is one of the best games on the system. Developed by Shu Takumi, the creator of the fantastic Ace Attorney serious gamers follow Sissel, someone who has died and is now a ghost. Unlike other ghosts, Sissel has the abillity to move from object to object and operate them in certain ways e.g. make a lamp swivel. He also has the ability to possess a dead body and go back in time four minutes before a persons death in which he can attempt to avert their fate and save their lives, a premise that the game revolves around.

The game was made for the DS's controls. You're able to switch between the ghost world (where time stops and you are able to move from object to object) and the real world where you can operate objects (operating a button to switch something on) and the people you're trying to reach/save go about their normal business. Moving from object to object is done easily by dragging lines on the touch screen and the top screen is used to give details on the object you're currently possessing (whether you can operate it or not and what operating it will do). The controls work well and allow you to navigate through the game easily.

The puzzles make up the gameplay in the game as you have to operate objects and time what objects you operate and when to solve them, something that usually leads to someones life being saved or allows Sissel to reach another room/area. Working out what to do can be difficult at times and freezing time is essential to give you time to see what to do but solving a problem in the game does give you a good sense of accomplishment.

The game has a great story, the ghost Sissel has lost his memory and has no idea how he died; he is intent on finding out what happened to him, saving a girl near where he died is his first job and lead. Sissel uses phone lines to travel from place to place and as he finds out more about his past and who he is, he finds out the story of those around him helping them with his ghost powers. The game is full of twists, usually one at the end of every chapter. The characters make the story in the game and there are some great ones, my favourite has to be the crazy Inspector Cabanela.

File:Cabanela dance.gif

The game has a distinctive look with a great artstylé the animation is great as is the music, something that is expected since the Ace Attorney creator was behind the game. Characters look sharp and the game is very colourful, something that isn't common in gaming in this day and age. The graphics and music are memorable in the game; presentation is on of the highlights in Ghost Trick.

A lot more could be said about Ghost Trick but that would ruin some of the experience, all you need to know is that this is a game like no other, its story will keep you on edge, the intelligent puzzles will give you a sense of accomplishment and it looks/sounds fantastic. If you have a DS and are interested in the game, check it out.

9/10

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Willy105

Fabz_95:

So guys, who do you think has been the best over the last two weeks?

Well the Wii got an AAAE after a long time which puts Nintendo in a good position, El Shaddai scored AA coming out for the PS3/360. Other than that it's been a quiet period, I personally would give it to Nintendo.

789shadow:

However, the Wii didn't get Xenoblade in the only country that matters, AMERICA.

Jynxzor:

But nobody important can play the AAAE Wii game...How can we give the point to Nintendo when they are being massive trolls!

Willy105:

Nintendo cannot be given credit for a game that doesn't exist.

Fabz_95:

Well it exists over here in the UK so Nintendo have my vote

DarkLink77:

I say we take a point away from Nintendo for poor localization practices.

789shadow:

I say we just don't give them a point. Now, what obscure game shall we use to give the PC another point this week?

Willy105:

Dragon's Nest open beta, of course.

However, Ubisoft made From Dust for PC be capped at 30 fps, which I think it's a huge blow.

DarkLink77:

Not to mention that DRM, Willy.

But didn't Age of Empires Online come out? That was a pretty awesome game, and it's free.

Willy106:

I am not about to give the Hermits another point. It's insane.

Jynxzor:

But they get the definative version of Dues Ex in a mere few days, less glowy doors obviously makes it the best version...graphics aside that is.

I do agree that SW will implode if we keep the PC in the winners circle for eternity though.

DarkLink77:

Well, if the PS3 would stop producing flops and the 360 and the Wii would get some damn games, maybe we could give it to someone else.

Just sayin'.

789shadow:

I guess this calls for another point to Bored.

DarkLink77:

I second that.

Though I still think I should be considered a SW faction.

Jynxzor:

What would we call your followers though? Slinkies?

Fabz_95:

Actually yeah, we should give it to bored.

Willy105:

Nintendo just lost a new Little King's Story and the next game from the makers of 999 to the Vita, two ****cs from Nintendo systems, now on their competitor's handheld.

DarkLink77:

Slinkies.

That's amazing.

So Sony gets some multiplats. Is that good enough for a win?

Willy105:

Well, nothing else has happened, so I think it should go to Sony for getting the Vita some games.

DarkLink77:

I suppose. Though I'm still tempted to give it to "Bored."

Willy105:

Sony did good enough to deserve a point for themselves.

DarkLink77:

Based on multiplats? Hell, MS's been doing that for years. F***ing Sony. They're always copying someone.

Willy105:

True, Sony announcing games on Vita is nothing to be proud about (especially on a system with a laughable game library), but...ah who am I kidding. Bored wins.

CURRENT STATS

Hermits

Sheep

Bored to Death

Cows

Lemmings

out of service

http://www.gamespot.com/unions/SWMConnection/forums/27474782/the-system-wars-the-magazine-archive

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Damn. Stupid typos in my s***.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Haha, great read! I hope FF Type 0 will hit NA.
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
MW3 & BF3 analysis by DL: "They both suck." Shocking. Can he do the Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 analysis next?! :P
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DarkLink77

MW3 & BF3 analysis by DL: "They both suck." Shocking. Can he do the Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 analysis next?! :PUCF_Knight
I tell ya, no one appreciates all of my hard work. Everyone's a critic.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

MW3 & BF3 analysis by DL: "They both suck." Shocking. Can he do the Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 analysis next?! :PUCF_Knight
Ooh TL;DR. :P

Nice issue. :3 I really should submit something in soon. Though I'm sure school will get in mah way. >.>

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
Nice review Fabz.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Now you can enjoy a bunch of articles, all but one of which submitted literally hours before this went live!

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DarkLink77

Now you can enjoy a bunch of articles, all but one of which submitted literally hours before this went live!

789shadow
I didn't see your ass contributing, shadow.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 789shadow

[QUOTE="789shadow"]

DarkLink77

I contribute every issue, at least to the Battle Royale. ;)

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="789shadow"]

789shadow

I contribute every issue, at least to the Battle Royale. ;)

Same here, brah. :o
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]MW3 & BF3 analysis by DL: "They both suck." Shocking. Can he do the Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 analysis next?! :PDarkLink77

Well if you wern't so wrong about BF3 sucking then I wouldn't complain.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]MW3 & BF3 analysis by DL: "They both suck." Shocking. Can he do the Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 analysis next?! :PChubbyGuy40

Well if you wern't so wrong about BF3 sucking then I wouldn't complain.

Oh, I'm sure it'll be passable. It's just so generic that I don't care.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

*Looks at DL's article*

Well at least it's not Uncharted this time. :P

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkLink77

*Looks at DL's article*

theuncharted34
Oh, don't worry. The Reality Check is going to become a regular thing. I'm sure Uncharted will get it's turn. :evil:
UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
Nice review Fabz. SilverChimera
Yeah nice review. SC's Final Fantasy impressions were nice as well. Oh and Willy's intro, all beautifully written. :P
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I like the BF vs MW article, that's what I've been thinking this entire time.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="SilverChimera"]Nice review Fabz. UCF_Knight
Yeah nice review. SC's Final Fantasy impressions were nice as well. Oh and Willy's intro, all beautifully written. :P

So much jelly. One day, you, too, will see the light and join me in the Palace of Wisdom.
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

*Looks at DL's article*

DarkLink77

Oh, don't worry. The Reality Check is going to become a regular thing. I'm sure Uncharted will get it's turn. :evil:

Sully will give you a reality check! :evil:

:P

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

I would have had a article but I don't think anyone wants to hear how I think FFXIV is actually shaping up to be a great MMO with recent patches and changes. I think I'll save it for closer to the PS3 Re-launch...if they ever do it lol.

Also...I'm hard at work rendering the next big issue of SWM so...if anyone wants to be in a real magazine be sure to submit your reviews! I actually print this bad-boy off when it's finished. I'd tell you more but I'm afraid the moderators may hurt me...feel free to PM me if you want the details on obtaining a printed version of SWM quarterly magazine.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DarkLink77
I would have had a article but I don't think anyone wants to hear how I think FFXIV is actually shaping up to be a great MMO with recent patches and changes. I think I'll save it for closer to the PS3 Re-launch...if they ever do it lol.Jynxzor
I'd read it. I'm actually fairly interested.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

*Looks at DL's article*

theuncharted34

Sully's gonna die in Uncharted 3. :P
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theuncharted34

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Oh, don't worry. The Reality Check is going to become a regular thing. I'm sure Uncharted will get it's turn. :evil:DarkLink77

Sully's gonna die in Uncharted 3. :P

Noooooooo!

I hope not. :P

Kantus_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kantus_Mage
Member since 2011 • 172 Posts

Its an M4 not a M16.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

*Looks at DL's article*

DarkLink77

*sees DL rated UC1 6.0*

dont do that to me :cry:

deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

Dark Links reality check was great.

Definitly one of those posters who I totally agree with or completely disagree with (like foxhound fox).

I love the battlefield series but I can't see why just about everybody is hyping it up to be the end all be all.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DarkLink77

Its an M4 not a M16.

Kantus_Mage
Which is basically a variant of the M16. Point is, it's not new, original, or exciting in any way, shape or form.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="theuncharted34"]

*Looks at DL's article*

eboyishere

*sees DL rated UC1 6.0*

There's more to the game than the score. I did write a review, you know.
Kantus_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kantus_Mage

[QUOTE="Kantus_Mage"]

Its an M4 not a M16.

DarkLink77

Which is basically a variant of the M16. Point is, it's not new, original, or exciting in any way, shape or form.

Well its a miltary shooter.

Should they put laser guns in?

In RPG games i could say "oh look a sword, generic game is generic"

Every game that is coming out this year can go into the "it's not new, original, or exciting in any way, shape or form" catagory.

Dont really understand you.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Kantus_Mage"]

Its an M4 not a M16.

Kantus_Mage

Every game that is coming out this year can go into the "it's not new, original, or exciting in any way, shape or form" catagory.

They should try to something with a modicum of creativity, yes. But apparently that's too hard. Deus Ex is more creative than the entire Battlefield and Call of Duty series combined.
Kantus_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kantus_Mage

[QUOTE="Kantus_Mage"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Which is basically a variant of the M16. Point is, it's not new, original, or exciting in any way, shape or form.DarkLink77

They should try to something with a modicum of creativity, yes. But apparently that's too hard. Deus Ex is more creative than the entire Battlefield and Call of Duty series combined.

Im a huge deus ex fan...

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

[QUOTE="eboyishere"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Oh, don't worry. The Reality Check is going to become a regular thing. I'm sure Uncharted will get it's turn. :evil:DarkLink77

*sees DL rated UC1 6.0*

There's more to the game than the score. I did write a review, you know.

didnt see it before, ill go check it out now

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jynxzor
In RPG games i could say "oh look a sword, generic game is generic"Kantus_Mage
Yes, yes you should call a generic sword generic. If a JRPG fails to make a unique sword then shame on them!
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Willy105
[QUOTE="Kantus_Mage"]In RPG games i could say "oh look a sword, generic game is generic"Jynxzor
Yes, yes you should call a generic sword generic. If a JRPG fails to make a unique sword then shame on them!

Yeah. A JRPG without an unique sword is blasphemous. Swords are the backbone of the genre.
EggHeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EggHeadMan
Member since 2011 • 723 Posts

Its a shame TheMoreYouOwn was banned, one of the last pure blooded cows left. :(

Kantus_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kantus_Mage

Its a shame TheMoreYouOwn was banned, one of the last pure blooded cows left. :(

EggHeadMan

What?

I liked him...

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

*Reads BF3vsMW3 article*

I agree . BF3 will be better, but that doesnt stop it from being the same as MW3. Just war and guns.

And Type-0 looks great as well!

Can't wait for the next edition. Geow3 vs UC3 am confirmed?

Kantus_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kantus_Mage

Space marine destroys both GeoW 3 and UC3

Feedback from the demo has been amazing, and i cant wait until i can play it.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#43 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Wow, Penny Arcade was so much better before the artist went senile.
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 789shadow

Wow, Penny Arcade was so much better before the artist went senile.Cherokee_Jack

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#45 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]Wow, Penny Arcade was so much better before the artist went senile.789shadow

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Well, I don't think he really went senile. It just looks that way.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

There is nothing I love reading more than a collumn full of swear words and hot air without any real content... I mean really, was there so little to write about that you decided that you should write about how fanboys disagree with each other in system wars? That's outside the box :roll:.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Willy105

There is nothing I love reading more than a collumn full of swear words and hot air without any real content... I mean really, was there so little to write about that you decided that you should write about how fanboys disagree with each other in system wars? That's outside the box :roll:.

Leejjohno

We are a magazine about System Wars.

Think about it.

What would our content incidentally be about?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#48 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Hey, could someone do a Bleach: Soul Resuruccion review?
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jynxzor

you decided that you should write about how fanboys disagree with each other in system wars? That's outside the box :roll:.Leejjohno

I tend to do most of my thinking in here, feel free to hop in.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#50 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Nice review Fabz. SilverChimera