SWM Fall Issue 2011 is coming soon - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
Always nice to see that when I do choose to pop back on Gamespot some oldies such as Willy is still around. Great read as always and whatever the future holds for SWM it has been a great run. What were the reason behind banning Willy?
XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#102 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

I'm getting all 3 games, so it's not really a big deal. I still don't know why people are fighting over it. Just play the game you want to play.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#103 Willy105  Online
Member since 2005 • 26108 Posts
Always nice to see that when I do choose to pop back on Gamespot some oldies such as Willy is still around. Great read as always and whatever the future holds for SWM it has been a great run. What were the reason behind banning Willy?Gamingcucumber
Hey there! Welcome back to Gamespot! Stick around more, it's great to see senior users around. Have the kids people to look up to.
altairs_mentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 altairs_mentor
Member since 2009 • 696 Posts
Lol at the bf3 vs mw3 post. Pure genius. Still getting both though, take that DL!
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#105 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Well, except for 110million. He was banned for not realizing that reporting a mod's posts is a bad idea.Willy105
Wait, what? I didn't know he was banned. :(
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="Willy105"]Well, except for 110million. He was banned for not realizing that reporting a mod's posts is a bad idea.Cherokee_Jack

He argued with musicalmac, and then took it too seriously. Do not report mods.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#107 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"]Well, except for 110million. He was banned for not realizing that reporting a mod's posts is a bad idea.Cherokee_Jack

Whoa he got banned for that? :|

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="Willy105"]Well, except for 110million. He was banned for not realizing that reporting a mod's posts is a bad idea.timmy00

In the ensuing chaos, a link to a previous banned account was found. 110million was banned, in the end, for ban-dodging.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Wait, what? I didn't know he was banned. :(789shadow

In the ensuing chaos, a link to a previous banned account was found. 110million was banned, in the end, for ban-dodging.

So the moral of this story is don't ban-dodge. And if you do, make sure you don't report the mods.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Wait, what? I didn't know he was banned. :(789shadow

Got BioshockOwned, huh? Sad.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

good night sweet prince ;_;. Seriously, that dude was cool in my books. Shame to see him go.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Wow... I did not know 110mil was banned. Best be on my best behavior these days, seems like mods are cracking down.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

Wow... I did not know 110mil was banned. Best be on my best behavior these days, seems like mods are cracking down.

mmmwksil
There no cracking down....everything is always the same.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="Willy105"]Well, except for 110million. He was banned for not realizing that reporting a mod's posts is a bad idea.DarkLink77

He argued with musicalmac, and then took it too seriously. Do not report mods.

So if we report them we get banned :? That crap needs to stop.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"] So if we report them we get banned :? That crap needs to stop.

From what I understand you can "Report" mods but not in the same way we do general users. Sending a email to customer service seems to be the only official means to "Report" a moderator. Although I don't usually see mods cross any lines for the most part, I just think the response to clicking the "Report" button on a mod was a tad drastic because of it's lack of mention in the ToS.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 millerlight89

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] So if we report them we get banned :? That crap needs to stop.Jynxzor
From what I understand you can "Report" mods but not in the same way we do general users. Sending a email to customer service seems to be the only official means to "Report" a moderator. Although I don't usually see mods cross any lines for the most part, I just think the response to clicking the "Report" button on a mod was a tad drastic because of it's lack of mention in the ToS.

That's really lame. I've seen a couple of mods moderate me for something and they turn around and say the exact same thing I've said which got me modded. They should be reported like any other user here. That's really not fair at all. I never had any faith in the moderation system here, now I sure as hell don't. I wish I didn't like the regular posters here because I would just ditch this place if I didn't. Surely there are forums where everyone is treated the same.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Cherokee_Jack
From what I understand you can "Report" mods but not in the same way we do general users. Sending a email to customer service seems to be the only official means to "Report" a moderator.Jynxzor
Make it impossible to report mods or staff through the dropdown menu, if that's the case. The option shouldn't be left open to people if it inevitably gets you in trouble.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 millerlight89
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]From what I understand you can "Report" mods but not in the same way we do general users. Sending a email to customer service seems to be the only official means to "Report" a moderator.Cherokee_Jack
Make it impossible to report mods or staff through the dropdown menu, if that's the case. The option shouldn't be left open to people if it inevitably gets you in trouble.

No crap, that's like entrapment.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Jynxzor
I really shouldn't get into this because it's not really a System Wars topic... Aside from the rules about it being absent from the ToS it wouldn't do much good to "Report" a moderator in the first place as their isn't much of a tiered hierarchy within the system. It's not like the moderators have...moderators watching them. Customer service would be the ideal place to file any complaints, but the ToS really need to have a section on this instead of punishing people for plain not knowing. Hell I never knew it was an issue until another member I know was moded for the same reason "Didn't end in anything crazy though" but after a long reach-around he still only got a half-answer. It's obviously just not something that happens often enough to really be an issue, and I think moderating someone for hitting the report button is...well I can't say what I think it is here but I hope you get my drift. Again this isn't really system wars discussion, but it's hard without there really being "Any" place to discuss it properly. In the end I just think it's just another issue that Gamespot needs to work out in it's community features. Personally I come back for the community, but continue to be baffled by the lack of support the higher ups seem to give it. Now I don't blame the mods for their actions, rules are rules they have ones they have to abide by as well. If a moderator really steps the bounds I'm sure they will get come-upance if the complaint is directed through the proper tubes. I've had nothing but fair treatment from the moderation team in my past dealings with them, I've never not gotten a answer when I was dumbfounded by a moderation I had been handed and even had some reversed. But the utter lack of proper visible communication when we need to go above the moderators on the utmost rare occasions just spells that the higher ups (Not talking about the admins, but the people who are in-charge of the mods) don't want to bother with. ...but I've gone off-topic long enough. er.... um.... Microsoft...you crazy.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

No crap, that's like entrapment. millerlight89

You can report mods, but, to my understanding, those reports are checked by admins directly, and if they notice a pattern, like constantly reporting the same mod (report abuse), or if you're a bandodger, you get sanctioned for that.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

i honestly got suspended for saying "ok" to another poster because he was harrassing me .....

thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 thatisfalse
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

i honestly got suspended for saying "ok" to another poster because he was harrassing me .....

Mario1331
ok...
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

thatisfalse

ok...

just like that actually lol

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#124 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
You HAD to open pandora's box didn't you? You brought mods and admins too our borders. SOON Saurons eye will be watching us. Don't mind me, i'm just a hobbit minding his own business.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 millerlight89

Mario1331
That's disruptive posting, but to get suspended for that is laughable :P
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

The title made me come back lol.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Rest in peace for the banned ones, i'll be joining you soon.TheGuardian03

Suicide?

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#129 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

[QUOTE="EggHeadMan"]

Its a shame TheMoreYouOwn was banned, one of the last pure blooded cows left. :(

Kantus_Mage

What?

I liked him...

He was a big supporter of Vanquish, so he was cool in my book. 'Tis a shame. I can still chat with Flipmode on PSN so no real loss there XD

I'm not too familiar with 100mil, but I know he was a fan of NIER, so he's also cool in my book. I have no idea who the other dude is.

Avatar image for FoolwithaLancer
FoolwithaLancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 FoolwithaLancer
Member since 2011 • 2020 Posts

You forgot to mention Firstplacewinner in the banned list :x :P

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#131 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
What? Flipmode got banned? Aw I liked that guy :(.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#132 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I gave up with fps's when I started playing rpg's and games like minecraft or terraria. FPS's are good 'ol fun, but there are genres with a lot more challenge and fun involved.

Great read btw, saw a few typos though.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Willy105  Online

I gave up with fps's when I started playing rpg's and games like minecraft or terraria. FPS's are good 'ol fun, but there are genres with a lot more challenge and fun involved.

parkurtommo
Yeah, we really don't have anyone to make sure these things are correctly written, let alone to fix them. But it makes it more authentic in a way.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 HarlockJC
Just to clear something up, no one got banned for reporting a mod.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jynxzor
Just to clear something up, no one got banned for reporting a mod. HarlockJC
Yeah I think we are aware that, wasn't really the root cause of the issue. I was just recanting a story I had heard about reporting a mod being an issue for someone else I knew no bans were involved just alot of seeming confusion from the users and mods involved lol.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 HarlockJC

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Just to clear something up, no one got banned for reporting a mod. Jynxzor
Yeah I think we are aware that, wasn't really the root cause of the issue. I was just recanting a story I had heard about reporting a mod being an issue for someone else I knew no bans were involved just alot of seeming confusion from the users and mods involved lol.

It's not an issue to report a mod, mods are not always perfect either. There have been problems in the past with users reporting mods for no reason. It's treated the same way, as if someone was singling you out. There are many times where users like to target someone they don't like and the user starts reporting X user for doing nothing wrong. So the user trying to use the mod to gets modded. What we don't want is a que full of post that are meaningless and more about revenge. This happens more than you think. Trust me the que is already full enough.

Edit: Once in a blue moon even the admin gets modded, :shock:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

Willy105
Yeah, we really don't have anyone to make sure these things are correctly written, let alone to fix them. But it makes it more authentic in a way.

Maybe we should acquire an editor. :P
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"]

DarkLink77

I would do it. :) I love picking apart other people's work.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Willy105"] Yeah, we really don't have anyone to make sure these things are correctly written, let alone to fix them. But it makes it more authentic in a way.

For grammar and stuff. No way you get to tell me how to write my damn articles. :evil:
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Maybe we should acquire an editor. :P

For grammar and stuff. No way you get to tell me how to write my damn articles. :evil:

No, of course, I wouldn't do anything to obscure your - ah - "unique" style. :P
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 DarkLink77
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] I would do it. :) I love picking apart other people's work.

No, of course, I wouldn't do anything to obscure your - ah - "unique" style. :P

If you "unique style" you mean "the thing that gets the magazine most of it's views," then.... duh. :P
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#143 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Willy105"] Yeah, we really don't have anyone to make sure these things are correctly written, let alone to fix them. But it makes it more authentic in a way.

If you're serious, hit me or Willy with a PM and we'll get you in.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Just to clear something up, no one got banned for reporting a mod. HarlockJC

Yes, let's clear up that misconception.

And while we're at it, can we ratify that it's a moddable offense to say ME2 isn't an RPG? :twisted: ;) :P

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#145 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Just to clear something up, no one got banned for reporting a mod. AdobeArtist

And while we're at it, can we ratify that it's a moddable offense to say ME2 isn't an RPG? :twisted: ;) :P

Only if we're allowed to say it's a terrible RPG that tries too hard to be a mediocre shooter. :P

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#146 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]Just to clear something up, no one got banned for reporting a mod. NeonNinja

Only if we're allowed to say it's a terrible RPG that tries too hard to be a mediocre shooter. :P

And only if you say it using AdobeArtist styled italics and bolds with the following words: define, role, Shephard.

:P

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

illmatic87

And only if you say it using AdobeArtist styled italics and bolds with the following words: define, role, Shephard.

:P

You think just anybody can post in my unique styIe? Balancing the proper word emphasisis a delicate art that takes years to master. In the right hands it crafts illustrative text conveying the soul of the message. 8) In untrained hands however it makes the post look like someone with no handle on their volume control :P:P

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#148 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Question: when the topic changes, is that an update to the first page, or is that what you guys are debating at the moment?
789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Question: when the topic changes, is that an update to the first page, or is that what you guys are debating at the moment?bbkkristian

It's usually just something funny Willy thinks up.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Willy105  Online

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Question: when the topic changes, is that an update to the first page, or is that what you guys are debating at the moment?789shadow

It's usually just something funny Willy thinks up.

Yes, which usually has to do with either news in the game industry, or whatever is going on in the thread. It only deals with an update to the first page when the Battle Royale is posted, which should be soon.