SWM Fall Issue 2011 is coming soon - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#51 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="SilverChimera"]Nice review Fabz. UCF_Knight
Yeah nice review. SC's Final Fantasy impressions were nice as well. Oh and Willy's intro, all beautifully written. :P

And thanks to you too!
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

Battlefield has Jets, therefore it shall win everything.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#53 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

el3m2tigre

MW3 has explosive attached attack dogs. :|

Therefore it shall win everything.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

illmatic87

MW3 has explosive attached attack dogs. :|

Therefore it shall win everything.

I wonder what PETA has to say about this...
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#55 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

DarkLink, you're a good man, and the best warrior to be produced on these forums.

First of all, Quake 3 is better than Unreal Tournament. Fact.

Halo 3 is better than CoD4. Fact.

BF3 and MW3 both look the same to me. I've seen the gameplay and they look the same. I played BC2 and this so-called teamwork is nothing special. I was still capturing locations by myself on numerous occassions.

The first time I played CoD4 I didn't fall for it. I played UT and I didn't fall for it.

Gimme Rage. Gimme BioShock Infinite. Gimme something competent. Gimme something well-made. Yeah, BF3's graphics look nice, but if the game features a super-scrited campaign it better look nice. CoD doesn't even get that far these days.

Also, I had a good laugh at how Zelda is an RPG. That was one of the funnier discussions on SW. :lol:

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

i agree also about the BF3 VS MW3 thing.. FPS games getting too tiring ( which is why i havent bought one for so long! ). no matter how crappy or pretty each game is, their both the exact same thing, their all about ( killing ). this is why i buy JRPGs no matter how good or bad they are, try to support games that are not about killing things. to be honest at the same time games like call of duty are indeed too addicting because its both funny and fun to play with friends, friends are the number 1 reason why MW3 will for sure be my next FPS purchase, all my friends and their dogs are getting MW3. they couldnt care less about BF3 and i enjoy playing with friends :P. anyways the upcoming games im getting are disgaea 4, atelier totori, ico collection and god of war orgin! notice not a single FPS!

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I tend to do most of my thinking in here, feel free to hop in.

Jynxzor

Is...is that what I think it is!?

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 el3m2tigre

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

ChubbyGuy40

Oh boy! I get to play battlefield inside a box!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#59 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

el3m2tigre

Oh boy! I get to play battlefield inside a box!

And it doesn't cost $500!

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

These 2 games will be great to GB on...Idk if BF3 is going to be on there though??

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

oh please this is the worst article on bf3 vs mw3 ive seen yet.

yes they are shooters, what do you you really expect to see... its obviously going to be kill kill kill. But how BF does it, isway different. its team based and even if one player gets 30 kills, you won't be guaranteed a win (in conquest, rush, etc).

BF isn't pushing the FPS genre anywhere?? are you kidding me, we're at a time where FPS isn't really going to get durastic changes (yet), so smaller changes and innovations is the main target that DICE is going after.

What have they improved from one game to the next.
1. Destruction (changes the way you play FPS, you can destroy enemy cover, walls, etc). Its gotten way amped up in BF3.

2. Sound quality: whether you like to believe it or not. Sound quality is an integral part of a game. No music, no sound = a boring game. Dice has already impressed us with amazing sound quality in BC2 and im sure that its going to be the same in BF3 (probably better).

3. General game tech: DICE is developing and constantly improving their game engine with every game (BC to BC2, to BF3). Graphics are a huge part of the gaming industry andit's pretty clear that BF3 is going to be superior in terms of graphics.

I do agree that there is no point in comparing these two games. It's just not fair because BF3 would obliterate MW3 in every technical aspect. NExt i'd like to point out the different gameplay each has: one is fast paced, and the other isn't.

Overall:

BF3 is more innovative than MW3. (from what ive seen)
BF3 Has better tech (sound quality, destruction, graphics) than MW3

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I found the MW3 vs Bf3 part a bit unfair. The photos supplied looks terrible. BF3 has a very distinct style from MW3. Bf3 has a cleaner look, more white and blues, MW3 is more dirty. And calling them generic is pure naivity. Sure none of them are really innovative, but BF3 really is a great online experience from what I've seen, the battles are huge, and not just that, but feel like an actual proper war, not some deathmatch. The audio in Bf3 and graphics are amazing.

Call me a Bf3 fanboy, but thats just my opinion

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NeonNinja

yes they are shooters, what do you you really expect to see... its obviously going to be kill kill kill. But how BF does it, isway different. its team based and even if one player gets 30 kills, you won't be guaranteed a win (in conquest, rush, etc).

BF isn't pushing the FPS genre anywhere?? are you kidding me, we're at a time where FPS isn't really going to get durastic changes (yet), so smaller changes and innovations is the main target that DICE is going after.

1. Destruction (changes the way you play FPS, you can destroy enemy cover, walls, etc). Its gotten way amped up in BF3.

2. Sound quality: whether you like to believe it or not. Sound quality is an integral part of a game. No music, no sound = a boring game. Dice has already impressed us with amazing sound quality in BC2 and im sure that its going to be the same in BF3 (probably better).

3. General game tech: DICE is developing and constantly improving their game engine with every game (BC to BC2, to BF3). Graphics are a huge part of the gaming industry andit's pretty clear that BF3 is going to be superior in terms of graphics.

I do agree that there is no point in comparing these two games. It's just not fair because BF3 would obliterate MW3 in every technical aspect. NExt i'd like to point out the different gameplay each has: one is fast paced, and the other isn't.

Overall:

Ribnarak

No one said shooters aren't about killing.

It did address the fact that the multiplayer for BF isn't as special as people make it out to be, how barebones CoD is and how from what we've seen both games are going to have very heavily scripted and linear campaigns.

And no, BF3 is not innovative. Destructible enviroments, sound quality and tech are nothing new for them to be innovative.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Jynxzor
So much content and all people care about is someones opinion on a FPS....*sigh*
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

Overall:

NeonNinja

It did address the fact that the multiplayer for BF isn't as special as people make it out to be, how barebones CoD is and how from what we've seen both games are going to have very heavily scripted and linear campaigns.

And no, BF3 is not innovative. Destructible enviroments, sound quality and tech are nothing new for them to be innovative.

Bf3 mutliplayer is special. Well judging by Bc2's gameplay, no other game has actually come close to feeling like a real war, all others feel like random deathmatchs. Also the maps are superbly designed, the mechanics are great aswell.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

I agree with the reality check. Battlefield 3 does not look like anything special at all. But I think you should have mentioned ARMA 3 and Red Orchestra 2. And you forgot to mention how BF3 does not have an ingame server browser.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 el3m2tigre

I agree with the reality check. Battlefield 3 does not look like anything special at all. But I think you should have mentioned ARMA 3 and Red Orchestra 2. And you forgot to mention how BF3 does not have an ingame server browser.

Maroxad

Console versions do.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#69 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
DAAANNGG, Dark Link packing heat in his BF3/MW3 comparison, I'm loving it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#70 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
So much content and all people care about is someones opinion on a FPS....*sigh*Jynxzor
I'll need to write something about how Final Fantasy > Mass Effect. That'll catch their attention!
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NeonNinja

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="Ribnarak"]

Overall:

OB-47

Bf3 mutliplayer is special. Well judging by Bc2's gameplay, no other game has actually come close to feeling like a real war, all others feel like random deathmatchs. Also the maps are superbly designed, the mechanics are great aswell.

Yeah, I reviewed BC2 and gave it a 4.5, so comparing that shooter's gameplay to say BF3's gameplay as something special doesn't exactly convince me. I also gave MW2 a 4.5 so CoD isn't off the hook either.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

There is nothing I love reading more than a collumn full of swear words and hot air without any real content... I mean really, was there so little to write about that you decided that you should write about how fanboys disagree with each other in system wars? That's outside the box :roll:.

Leejjohno
Well, I can safely say that you missed the point entirely.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DarkLink77
So much content and all people care about is someones opinion on a FPS....*sigh*Jynxzor
I'm sorry, Jynx. :(
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DarkLink77

Overall:

Ribnarak

Innovation =/= evolution. None of the things you listed are innovative.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DarkLink77
And calling them generic is pure naivity. OB-47
They are generic. Do you not understand what the word generic means?
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
I'm rooting for COD, though I wont be getting either.
jdmpastor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 jdmpastor
Member since 2003 • 664 Posts

Where is thei info from thread title....."Nintendo loses LKS to Vita...." ????

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lbjkurono23

jdmpastor
Someone posted a a thread!!
r12qi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 r12qi
Member since 2010 • 1018 Posts

jdmpastor

i am actually surprised how quick consider the news is like 30 minute ago

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I'm pretty excited to play The 3rd Birthday 2. I mean FF Type-0.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

hakanakumono

I don't get it? If anything it's Crisis Core 2, especially since that's battle system they said they are building it from.

Lol, at BF3 vs MW3, so much of it is true. Nice review of Ghost Trick, I really should play the game at the end of the year again just to see how much I still like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6040149309c71
deactivated-6040149309c71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-6040149309c71
Member since 2010 • 718 Posts

What is LKS? Im not good with the acronyms.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

Luxen90

I don't get it? If anything it's Crisis Core 2, especially since that's battle system they said they are building it from.

Lol, at BF3 vs MW3, so much of it is true. Nice review of Ghost Trick, I really should play the game at the end of the year again just to see how much I still like it.

Maybe my remark was off, but I expect it to feel very similar to T3B. It looks like the gameplay feels similar. Then again, I should probably get around to actually playing the demo.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jynxzor

What is LKS? Im not good with the acronyms.

quaappybla
Little Kings Story.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Little King's Story gets a sequel?

YES!!!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Nice one, thought LKS was dead forever. Sad it's on Vita rather then a console but o well, better then nothing :)
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
LKS sequel? Vita? :o Wanted for a console though :P
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 fabz_95
LKS was real fun so I'm glad a sequel is being made regardless of the system.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lbjkurono23
[QUOTE="Giancar"]LKS sequel? Vita? :o Wanted for a console though :P

Be glad that we're getting a sequel :P
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts
I just played the demo and it's pretty impressive in every regard (well, except the wonky camera and I can't say anything about the story since I don't understand it). The combat's pretty easy to pick up and is incredibly fun, the soundtrack's pretty amazing, it has arguably the best visuals on the system, and the cutscenes are very well produced. Crossing fingers for a western release.

hakanakumono
I don't get it...
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
lol@people all of a sudden caring about lks now its on vita.. sony fanboys for you.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Jynxzor
All I want to know is when they will announce the new Patapon for the PSVita....because the system has to have a new Patapon!
r12qi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 r12qi
Member since 2010 • 1018 Posts

lol@people all of a sudden caring about lks now its on vita.. sony fanboys for you. Rahnyc4

it's nice to have game on your favorite system :D

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 fabz_95
All I want to know is when they will announce the new Patapon for the PSVita....because the system has to have a new Patapon!Jynxzor
Agreed, Patapon is a must.
thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 thatisfalse
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts
LKS' new look.... damn. Vita version has better everything, lol. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/25/little-kings-story-has-a-new-look-on-playstation-vita/
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#96 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts
[QUOTE="thatisfalse"]LKS' new look.... damn. Vita version has better everything, lol. http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/25/little-kings-story-has-a-new-look-on-playstation-vita/

Same art styIe as Wii version, except harder to see. Yay?
thatisfalse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thatisfalse
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts
wait, wut? I sense bitterness in your post. and there's been drastic changes to the artstyle...
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#98 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"]LKS sequel? Vita? :o Wanted for a console though :P

Yeah.....Marvelous Entertainment is developing LKS sequel for the PSVita.......very good news and one more reason for me to buy the PSVita. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-24-little-kings-story-sequel-for-ps-vita
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

[QUOTE="UCF_Knight"]MW3 & BF3 analysis by DL: "They both suck." Shocking. Can he do the Gears 3 and Uncharted 3 analysis next?! :PDarkLink77

I tell ya, no one appreciates all of my hard work. Everyone's a critic.

this was absolutely awesome! the MW3 vs BF3 made my arse fall off with laughter! good work....
Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Poor TheMoreYouOwn and Kantus_Mage/noxboxlive. :(