SWM Fall Issue 2011 is coming soon - SWM

This topic is locked from further discussion.

samusarmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#201 samusarmada
Member since 2005 • 5816 Posts
That sucks :(. Y'never know though, he could end up doing a Kasavin and going on to make some awesome games instead of just reporting about them.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Thats too bad i kinda liked him

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#203 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Eh, he was whatever.

I'm not convinced that he just up and quit though without finding a job first.

manikah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 manikah
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
These game really enjoyable.
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#205 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
so what's torres going to do next? joining CNN?
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#206 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts
These game really enjoyable. manikah
Welcome to Gamespot.com!
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#207 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
These game really enjoyable. manikah
Hey, do you know where I could get some Gucci handbags? Like, for cheap?
judahstarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208 judahstarguy
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

Wonderful post about BF3 and MW3. I'm a PC gamer who's tired of graphics and more interested in game play. I too have a feeling BF3 will be just a prettier BFBC2 with more destructable enviorments better sound and the same crappy feel to the guns and terrible hit detection. The latter 2 being the most important to making a game good not the graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Eh, he was whatever.

I'm not convinced that he just up and quit though without finding a job first.

NeonNinja

He's been looking extremely bored in all the latest videos. Most notably I remember watching the MK video where a few of the guys booted up all the snes/genesis versions of MK--RT looked like he did not want to be there.

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
Good for him. On to bigger and better things.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#212 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
Hey Ricardo! Giant Bomb is right over that way... You know. Check it out, if you want. Which you should.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#213 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I hope kevin, carolyn and chris don't leave it will be realy sad :(, you guys should stay forever but if you leave i'll follow your reviewes.TheGuardian03
I wonder how people would feel if Tom McShea left. >.>

:P

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#214 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Good luck Ricardo! Well there goes another one. :|

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#216 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]I hope kevin, carolyn and chris don't leave it will be realy sad :(, you guys should stay forever but if you leave i'll follow your reviewes.timmy00

I wonder how people would feel if Tom McShea left. >.>

:P

I honestly hated Tom's reviews at first, but he's been improving a lot, i rather have an honest 7.5 for Infamous 2, than an inflated 9.5 for the same game.

Anyway, i'm agree, despite the hate they recive everyday, i like the current staff, Kevin, Chris, Carolyn, Ryan, Jane, Guy, Tom, etc...i just feel they need to make more "feature videos" like in the old days.

Avatar image for CallOfDutyFan43
CallOfDutyFan43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 CallOfDutyFan43
Member since 2011 • 36 Posts

Im getting both MW3 and BF3 CANT WAIT !!!! :D

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Raven Software helped with MW3 so I'm getting that one. BF3 looks great too but the Soldier of Fortune team didn't help with that so I may get it at a later date.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#219 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Both games look great, but for different reasons.

The Battlefield series has always been made with a multiplayer focused, with early ones not even having single player campaigns with a story and recent ones just being kind of cheesy (though BC1 was unique at least). So for me, the multiplayer will be better, but what DICE has shown and mentioned in regards to single player (supposedly only 6-7 hours long, like in Call of Duty) and co-op (10 2 player missions ala Spec Ops), then I think MW3 will have the co-op and single player down.

Call of Duty has always been focused on delivering epic campaigns, so I don't think this one will be any different while recent entries have made great strides towards great co-op. So While BF and MW2 will both feature with a campaign, co-op mode and multiplayer I think BF's hype is only for the multiplayer and that the other 2/3 look better done or have more merit on the MW side. Plus, while BF will play best on PC, MW3 has 4 player splitscreen and early XBL content so both are better on different platforms.

Either way I'm getting both and both look amazing. BF's multiplayer should keep me playing for a while, and Spec Ops survival will be a lot of fun with a splitscreen buddy.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Battlefield 3 is a brand new game. Modern Warfare 3 looks like a patch and DLC. Easy to say which is gonna be the superior game (once again) and what is gonna score higher (once again.)

Also I plan on picking up that 3DS control pad. It's changing the way it's gripped, which sold me on it. I cannot stand the way you hold any handheld right now. It looks like CCP's grip on the back and that controller is awesome.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
We need a weight comparison :P
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

I think people are blowing the second analog stick deal out of proportion.

It's a new model, people. You want that second stick? Buy the attatchment or pick up the revision. It's just that simple.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#223 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

It's a new model, people. You want that second stick? Buy the attatchment or pick up the revision. It's just that simple.

mmmwksil
Second analog sticks don't matter anyway. The only people that want them are people that don't actually like handhelds.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

DarkLink77

Second analog sticks don't matter anyway. The only people that want them are people that don't actually like handhelds.

Funny how no one took to the streets demanding PSP have touch screen capabilities. If one has it, the other must as well, apparently. Or why they didn't demand the DS get an analog nub. Suddenly it matters that they both have two sticks?

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Second analog sticks don't matter anyway. The only people that want them are people that don't actually like handhelds.

Just looking at that addon makes me cringe... Overall for my handhelds a D-pad does me just fine, I don't and wont ever play a FPS on a handheld device genre doesn't belong on the system. Even dual analogue on the PSP looks like it would be a tad awkward to use.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

DarkLink77

Guess I hate handhelds. :(

*goes back to playing VC3 on PSP*

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Willy105

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

Funny how no one took to the streets demanding PSP have touch screen capabilities. If one has it, the other must as well, apparently. Or why they didn't demand the DS get an analog nub. Suddenly it matters that they both have two sticks?

It was made for Monster Hunter, just like the CC Pro was. For all we know, this is the same as the Guitar Hero add-on for the DS, and won't even be in a new version of the 3DS.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 mmmwksil

hakanakumono

In all fairness, you could hate the PSP but love VC3 ;) I hate Xbox 360 but I love playing Lost Odyssey :o

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Second analog sticks don't matter anyway. The only people that want them are people that don't actually like handhelds.mmmwksil

In all fairness, you could hate the PSP but love VC3 ;) I hate Xbox 360 but I love playing Lost Odyssey :o

But I don't hate the PSP, it's my favorite handheld design.

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Does that mean you have a different favorite handheld? Just curious.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

mmmwksil

No, I mean I prefer the hardware design to other handhelds. Regardless, PSP is increasingly becoming by number one platform this gen. But then I'm being told that because I want dual analogs to better control the camera in 3D games I'm somehow not a fan of it. :roll:

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 mmmwksil

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

No, I mean I prefer the hardware design to other handhelds. Regardless, PSP is increasingly becoming by number one platform this gen. But then I'm being told that because I want dual analogs to better control the camera in 3D games I'm somehow not a fan of it. :roll:

And if it isn't true, there's no reason to make a big deal out of what someone else says :roll: We all have our opinions of what a handheld should or should not have or do.

minh800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 minh800
Member since 2011 • 1166 Posts

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Don't worry. I'm told that I'm not a fan of handhelds because I'd rather have a variety of games on mine than just having what people call "handheld experiences".

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="mmmwksil"]

DarkLink77

If you're going to have 1 stick you might as well have 2. The PSP showed us that analog movement is worth jack s*** without analog camera control in most games.

IMO Nintendo should have picked d-pad or dual analog right from the start, and stuck with it.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Willy105

Cherokee_Jack

If you're going to have 1 stick you might as well have 2. The PSP showed us that analog movement is worth jack s*** without analog camera control in most games.

IMO Nintendo should have picked d-pad or dual analog right from the start, and stuck with it.

Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has a touch screen, which delivers faster, more accurate control than an analog stick would ever dream of doing. Nintendo simply didn't see it worthy because they figured they have something better. I could say Nintendo is doing this because they realized their mistake, but that would be a reach considering the circumstances. Nintendo is not trying to get FPS on the 3DS, it's trying to get Monster Hunter. When the 3DS revision is revealed, then it will become obvious what this is: Fixing something Nintendo perceives as a mistake, or just your average add-on that will be used for one or two games (Guitar Hero for DS, Rumble Pak for Metroid Pinball, RAM attachment for DS browser, wireless device for Pokemon GBA, Wii Speak for Animal Crossing, and on and on).
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Second analog sticks don't matter anyway. The only people that want them are people that don't actually like handhelds.Willy105

Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has a touch screen, which delivers faster, more accurate control than an analog stick would ever dream of doing. Nintendo simply didn't see it worthy because they figured they have something better. I could say Nintendo is doing this because they realized their mistake, but that would be a reach considering the circumstances. Nintendo is not trying to get FPS on the 3DS, it's trying to get Monster Hunter. When the 3DS revision is revealed, then it will become obvious what this is: Fixing something Nintendo perceives as a mistake, or just your average add-on that will be used for one or two games (Guitar Hero for DS, Rumble Pak for Metroid Pinball, RAM attachment for DS browser, wireless device for Pokemon GBA, Wii Speak for Animal Crossing, and on and on).

No it doesn't.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Cherokee_Jack

Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has a touch screen, which delivers faster, more accurate control than an analog stick would ever dream of doing.Willy105

Whatever, it's still not a catch-all replacement for a stick. I used that argument myself when the 3DS was revealed, but it just doesn't hold water. Touch screen camera controls only work for a few specific kinds of games, and except in FPS it's only a jury-rigged approximation of an analog stick (plus the precision you get in FPS also comes with extremely limited access to buttons).

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Willy105

[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

No it doesn't.

hakanakumono
Yes, it does. It's like a keyboard and mouse, except you do it with a stylus.

[QUOTE="Willy105"]Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has a touch screen, which delivers faster, more accurate control than an analog stick would ever dream of doing.Cherokee_Jack

Whatever, it's still not a catch-all replacement for a stick. I used that argument myself when the 3DS was revealed, but it just doesn't hold water. Touch screen camera controls only work for a few specific kinds of games, and except in FPS it's only a jury-rigged approximation of an analog stick (plus the precision you get in FPS also comes with extremely limited access to buttons).

The commands that the XYBA buttons would give would be on the touch screen as well. You don't need the whole touch screen for camera control, you don't even need a lot of it.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Willy105"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

hakanakumono

No it doesn't.

certainly a step up from having no means to control the camera like the psp though.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Cherokee_Jack

The commands that the XYBA buttons would give would be on the touch screen as well. You don't need the whole touch screen for camera control, you don't even need a lot of it.Willy105

That's only viable in shooters, where the face button functions are less important. In a game where you actually need to be hitting the face buttons a lot, that control scheme would be crap.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I don't understand how you can control a 3d game with one stick? The stylus isn't enough unless you aren't hitting buttons? Don't really know how to hold the 3DS, found Zelda unplayable. Will stick with VC version I think :D
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I don't understand how you can control a 3d game with one stick? The stylus isn't enough unless you aren't hitting buttons? Don't really know how to hold the 3DS, found Zelda unplayable. Will stick with VC version I think :Dlocopatho
What?! It controlled even better than the N64 one, and that didn't have a second stick. Not to mention the Items Menu is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I don't understand how you can control a 3d game with one stick? The stylus isn't enough unless you aren't hitting buttons? Don't really know how to hold the 3DS, found Zelda unplayable. Will stick with VC version I think :D93BlackHawk93

What?! It controlled even better than the N64 one, and that didn't have a second stick. Not to mention the Items menu is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

How? Genuine question. I just found it very awkward. Was gagging for that second stick. I'm a console boy tho so who knows...
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I don't understand how you can control a 3d game with one stick? The stylus isn't enough unless you aren't hitting buttons? Don't really know how to hold the 3DS, found Zelda unplayable. Will stick with VC version I think :Dlocopatho

What?! It controlled even better than the N64 one, and that didn't have a second stick. Not to mention the Items menu is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

How? Genuine question. I just found it very awkward. Was gagging for that second stick. I'm a console boy tho so who knows...

How did you play OoT on the N64?
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Willy105"] Unlike the PSP, the 3DS has a touch screen, which delivers faster, more accurate control than an analog stick would ever dream of doing. Nintendo simply didn't see it worthy because they figured they have something better. I could say Nintendo is doing this because they realized their mistake, but that would be a reach considering the circumstances. Nintendo is not trying to get FPS on the 3DS, it's trying to get Monster Hunter. When the 3DS revision is revealed, then it will become obvious what this is: Fixing something Nintendo perceives as a mistake, or just your average add-on that will be used for one or two games (Guitar Hero for DS, Rumble Pak for Metroid Pinball, RAM attachment for DS browser, wireless device for Pokemon GBA, Wii Speak for Animal Crossing, and on and on).Shinobishyguy

No it doesn't.

certainly a step up from having no means to control the camera like the psp though.

Sorry, I had a major derp moment and somehow read that as the Wiimote delivering more accurate control than an analog stick.

And you're right, it is a step up.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#247 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
I have a damn good feeling that 3DS conference isn't going to go well.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 mmmwksil

I'm waiting for confirmation of a revision. Though honestly, revision or not, I just want more colors to choose from. Where's my yellow 3DS, Nintendo? Please?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Willy105

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] [QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]I don't understand how you can control a 3d game with one stick? The stylus isn't enough unless you aren't hitting buttons? Don't really know how to hold the 3DS, found Zelda unplayable. Will stick with VC version I think :Dlocopatho

What would you use the second stick for? If you use the second stick, you won't be able to use the face buttons, and you can already control the camera in OoT3D without a second stick. It's pointless.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
I don't understand how you can control a 3d game with one stick? The stylus isn't enough unless you aren't hitting buttons? Don't really know how to hold the 3DS, found Zelda unplayable. Will stick with VC version I think :Dlocopatho
the VC version didn't use a second analog stick either :? None of the n64 zelda's did