shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Great move by MS. Dev really showed their skills with the first TR. Enjoying the meltdowns here and at Songaf as usual. This is a business guys, and no one plays fair. Its a nice excluisve, and as always, funny how anyone overestimates the PS4's install base in year one and underestimates MS money vault. This was a smart pick up by a very good dev and it will be damn polished as they only have one console to worry about. They are likely getting much needed money up front. Enough to maybe support the game after this one. Win, win all the way around.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#152 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

funny thing about this is that the re-release sold 4-1 in favor of the PS4. MS must have paid a huge amount of money for it, either that or it's timed exclusive. Although they said on Twitter that it was 100% exclusive.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#153 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@blackace: quantum break demo was off the effin hook... that game is gonna put a white xone in my house.

I thought lems hated linear cinematic games like Uncharted. And is no one going to call out the cinematic ledge jump at 1:43 that everyone nailed Knack for having?

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

@effec_tor said:

@Zero5000X said:

So much butt hurt over this. Notice how nobody complains when Sony pays for exclusivity for games like Bloodborne, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, or the original Infamous before they bought Sucker Punch.

I wouldn't call it butt hurt.. its more like shocked or surpsied at MS spending millions on a franchise that did poorly on their system

The last one sold decently. When a game is exclusive it tends to get more attention and noticed much more than if it were multiplat. I remember a few years back an analyst had said that he bets Epic wishes they would have went multiplat from the beginning with Gears of War because they would have sold more. Epic then countered that by saying they feel like they have actually sold more because it is an exclusive and poised as one of the premiere franchises for the Xbox 360.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows losing their mind over a big exclusive. Get used to it. More are coming on THE ONE.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Great news for Xbox but I'm saddened I wont be able to play this on PC like I did TR 2013. I'll have to buy it for my Xbox then. I was very very surprised to hear this announcement.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#157 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Desmonic: Thanks for making the thread! And yeah, I gather Microsoft must have stuffed their pockets...

@MlauTheDaft: That is pure PR and damage control, you have to make the best of a very bad situation. I do have to wonder exactly what it took for Microsoft to get this franchise on board for Xbox exclusively.

@Stevo_the_gamer: Not since Bayonetta 2. And yes,very well loved.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#159 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Let the meltdown begin! Poor cows.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#160 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@charizard1605 said:

@7mdma said:

That sucks... TR was a great game on my PC.

At least Sony builds their own exclusives instead of taking away games already touted for other platforms.

Oh, well I'm guessing timed exclusive +- 6 months and console exclusive.

Yo, Sony stole plenty of exclusives back in the day. Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Shin Megami Tensei, ring a bell?

Did Sony actually "steal" them though?

nope. Nintendo just drove them away by themselves just like they did with 3rd party support ever since the N64 days. That's the Nintendo way post Snes.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#161 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows losing their mind over a big exclusive. Get used to it. More are coming on THE ONE.

What by strong arming money into a situation where the game won't sell nearly as much?

Look at the sales numbers....

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:

Tomb Raider Legend is the best one. Or maybe Underworld. TR has less of an adventurer feel I loved about the series. But I genuinely hope it is good and at least comes to PC.

Legend or Anniversary for me.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of multiplats becoming exclusive. Same with Bayonetta, although with Bayonetta, it was about the only option.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#163 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@7mdma said:

Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris can suck it. Hopefully no-one buys it on PS and PC to really sock it to CD.

Yeah I hope that bombs hardcore considering they stated that as a "great way of supporting PC and PS fans" like hell it is.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Dissapointed i won't be able to play this on my PC where the actual definitive version of the first game resides, but it's yet another reason to finally buy an Xbone.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@charizard1605: To be fair about Bayonetta 2, Nintendo payed for the game's develpoment. Same with Bloodbrone, as SCE Japan is involved.

Honestly, if MS payed for the develpment of TB, i can't honestly fault them that much for makign it exclusive, if it timed for pc. Specially after what happened with TB 2013.

But if M$ is only buying it with the power of "moniez", it's a massive bullshit movie, like Sony paying Hello Gamers to keep NMS out of the xb1, if it indeed doesn't come to it. We're still waiting, i know

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#167  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

i can't wait to see the uncharted 4 vs tomb raider threads later.

Its basically Naughty Dog vs Crystal Dynamics now.

And we both know how this gona go down.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Now, I know CD has said this was exclusive... but there is something about the wording of it that just sounds....off.

"Holiday 2015 exclusive". They were not nearly as specific with the other ones, they'd just say exclusive or first to Xbox. It seems to imply that in 2016, maybe after 6 months or a year, it'll become a multiplat. Who knows, I don't have a time machine, but their wording seems weird. Maybe I'm just reaching though...

That's what I say. Seems to be double speak. And if I were a TR fan...I'd wait and see.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By speedfog

Tomb Raider > UC

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

This deal is not even comparable to Bayonetta 2. Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist on the Wii U if Nintendo didn't throw money at them. Microsoft threw money at a game was going to appear for their consoles anyway just so other people can't enjoy it. It's the same crap they pulled with Alan Wake.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Exclusive like Ryse and DR3?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 FoxbatAlpha

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

What by strong arming money into a situation where the game won't sell nearly as much?

Who gives a shit about numbers. To get exclusivity, those are calculated and compensated for. The more important part that you cant overlook or water down is that IT IS EXCLUSIVE. This benefits Xbox gamers. The numbers benefit people who develop and publish it and like I said was already taken into account when the deal is done.

Xbox wants more gamers and this is one of the ways to do it.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@charizard1605 said:

@walloftruth said:

Lol what a joke, the series was born on PlayStation.

The series was in fact born on the Sega Saturn.

How so? The first game was also on PS1 and PC and as far as I know (as Wikipedia just told me) the game released at the same time on all three platforms.

so it wasn't born on the playstation was it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@deadline-zero0: Hey, I never said anything about Bayonetta 2. Nintendo funded that game's development, hell, they own a portion of the code, even. I've no beefs with that going exclusive, nor this (nor Bloodborne), by the way. Makes things more interesting :)

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

X1 for the win

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@MlauTheDaft: That is pure PR and damage control, you have to make the best of a very bad situation. I do have to wonder exactly what it took for Microsoft to get this franchise on board for Xbox exclusively.

Indeed. Looking at those numbers, one would think it'd take some strong incentive.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#179 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

It's Cross gen too?

I think they said Xbox One and Xbox 360, yes.

That's kind of silly. Then it doesn't push sales of the Xbox One.

Exactly. Give people a reason to go out there and get that Xbox One. Furthermore, let Crystal Dynamics use that extra cash (if any was given) to make the game as close to their vision as possible without being weighed down by last gen hardware.

But I'm sure both companies know what they're doing. ... ... ...

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#180  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Square Enix/Crystal Dynamics > Naughty Dogs

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Anyways.. TR will eventually show up on the PS4 and PC as TR HD remastered.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Who gives a shit about numbers. To get exclusivity, those are calculated and compensated for. The more important part that you cant overlook or water down is that IT IS EXCLUSIVE. This benefits Xbox gamers. The numbers benefit people who develop and publish it and like I said was already taken into account when the deal is done.

Youre right it is one of the ways to do it.

But this isn't good for business when you can throw money at a developer, have the dev not even get close to the sales numbers they need and get a sequel greenlit. Especially if square internally has to question it.
Also it's not good for MS start artificially padding out the sales numbers that could've been had for developers, is it?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#184 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I think this game wasn't going to be on the 360 originally, but when Microsoft bought it, making the game for the 360 was a necessity as it would not sell well for the Xbox One.

No way CD will make a better Tomb Raider with a last gen console anchoring it down. This just crippled the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Zassimick said:

Exactly. Give people a reason to go out there and get that Xbox One. Furthermore, let Crystal Dynamics use that extra cash (if any was given) to make the game as close to their vision as possible without being weighed down by last gen hardware.

But I'm sure both companies know what they're doing. ... ... ...

Square Enix and Microsoft, know what they were doing?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@TheGuardian03 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

Tomb Raider had better gameplay than uncharted imo but i just didn't bother to finish it. the story and characters, the soundtrack too didn't help. i think UC as a complete package is better than tomb raider.

We know graphics will go to UC, gameplay will have to wait. we'll see how ND does with a new controller and a new consle, and if they learned anything from UC3 and Last of us and if they are going to do something new for the gameplay. sure hope to see something new at gamescom and something new other than more setpieces.

I really hope that is the case because i've always enjoyed the story and cinematic nature of UC but the gameplay has always let me down.

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts
@CyberLips said:

@effec_tor said:

Tomb Raider (2013) Sales by platform

PS3 - 2.2 million

X360 - 1.71 million

PS4 - 0.46 million

PC - 0.27 million

XOne - 0.17 million

lol

EDIT: I can't believe it sold more on PS4 than it did on PC....

I bought it on steam and I guess there would be more like me. Digital sales = PC market =/= charts.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

So is this going to be exclusive exclusive or....?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Desmonic: Actually, you do it, I'm a bit busy >.>

@Giancar: Not timed. Square Enix just stated flat out.

@Heil68: So is The Last of Us no longer exclusive? How about Journey? LittleBigPlanet 3?

Do you know the meaning of exclusive? lol

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Megaton gets tossed around a lot in SW but this time, seems legit. Their Gamescom briefing was a rousing success.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68: Yes. And I just asked you if your definition would extend to those titles too. Will it, or not?

@Chutebox: From what Square Enix say, yes.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 FoxbatAlpha

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Youre right it is one of the ways to do it.

But this isn't good for business when you can throw money at a developer, have the dev not even get close to the sales numbers they need and get a sequel greenlit. Especially if square internally has to question it.

Also it's not good for MS start artificially padding out the sales numbers that could've been had for developers, is it?

I cant see MS doing this all generation. I can see them really emphasizing this practice in the next 2 years to really create awareness and pull people over to the Xbox One. They stated at launch that they want you to feel like you have to own a Xbox One. This is one trick to do it.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Chutebox said:

So is this going to be exclusive exclusive or....?

Exclusive exclusive baby!

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By speedfog

I can feeeeellll the butthurt here.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#195  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Square Enix and Microsoft, know what they were doing?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#196  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Looks like I wont be playing it then. Shame really because I enjoyed the one from last year.

"we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming" -By keeping it on one platform? ...Must be after of that *exclusive to our system* hype that console gamers like to throw out. Worked well for Ryse and Dread Rising 3 didnt it...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68: Yes. And I just asked you if your definition would extend to those titles too. Will it, or not?

@Chutebox: From what Square Enix say, yes.

if its on another platform, then no...Mod get to you or something?

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

New info coming in..

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@TheGuardian03 said:

Tomb Raider had better gameplay than uncharted imo but i just didn't bother to finish it. the story and characters, the soundtrack too didn't help. i think UC as a complete package is better than tomb raider.

We know graphics will go to UC, gameplay will have to wait. we'll see how ND does with a new controller and a new consle, and if they learned anything from UC3 and Last of us and if they are going to do something new for the gameplay. sure hope to see something new at gamescom and something new other than more setpieces.

I really hope that is the case because i've always enjoyed the story and cinematic nature of UC but the gameplay has always let me down.

what did u honestly expect concerning gameplay for uncharted?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68: No? What does me being a mod have to do with our discussion?

And in any case, I never said it was Xbox One exclusive, did I? I said it is Xbox exclusive. Just like The Last of Us is PlayStation exclusive. You are right in that it is not exclusive to any one console. But then you are arguing against a point I never made in the first place.