PC Gaming Is So Dead That 63% Of American Gamers Game on PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Of course its arbitrary, I'm just giving the hermits who are stupid enough to make grand claims a hard time since they base it on nothing but a few passing articles that don't prove it and their ego.

lx_theo

And yet you haven't said a damn thing of value or proven anything in this thread. 

I haven't made any claims besides pointing out issues with other's claims, what would I have to prove? I haven't even said they're wrong. Just making stupid people prove their claims.

Exactly. You haven't provided anything of value to this discussion. Only trolled others.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

Steam for instance requires an online connection, so 6 million is their total user base.

lx_theo

Are you a moron?

He makes a fair point. Even single player users will be counted for steam when that is not the case for Xbox, PSN, and Wii. Not to mention, it may count people who simply have the application open and are not playing as well for Steam. Many variables to consider. By the way, you have yet to provide any sources for any of those, so it hardly matters.

6million concurrent =/= 6 million total user base.

Stop being an idiot, trolly.

pcgamingowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 pcgamingowns
Member since 2013 • 1223 Posts

5% play real games

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="kalipekona"]

And yet you haven't said a damn thing of value or proven anything in this thread. 

kalipekona

I haven't made any claims besides pointing out issues with other's claims, what would I have to prove? I haven't even said they're wrong. Just making stupid people prove their claims.

Exactly. You have provided anything of value to this discussion. Only trolled others.

Pretty sure asking fanboys to prove their claims is not trolling. Not really sure what you think is trolling is.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Are you a moron?

Jankarcop

He makes a fair point. Even single player users will be counted for steam when that is not the case for Xbox, PSN, and Wii. Not to mention, it may count people who simply have the application open and are not playing as well for Steam. Many variables to consider. By the way, you have yet to provide any sources for any of those, so it hardly matters.

I didn't say it was the total userbase, he did. His point of single player gamers and many others being counted when many won't be on the others is valid, though.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Gargus"]

Steam for instance requires an online connection, so 6 million is their total user base.

lx_theo

Are you a moron?

One thing to add, Steam requires at least one game to use all the features. XBL also requires an XBL Gold account to use things like Netfilx etc. I know plenty of people who have XBL Gold accounts yet do nothing but watch Netfilx on their Xbox's.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

More sales. 

More gamers.

More games.

More exclusives.

More developers.

Cry more :lol: 

Jankarcop

How's that petition for GTA: V going? And the petition for RDR?

going?

It's going great. When hanging out with friends and even women, we can play Tekken, some couch-op Rayman Origins, some Ultimate Marvel, some Street Fighter and have a blast. I can't even imagine I'd have to hang out with people and have them play DOTA or LoL, hunched over a tiny computer screen you payed with the money for your tuition (assuming you've had any education at all) fees. :cool:
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 lx_theo

Are you a moron?

clyde46

One thing to add, Steam requires at least one game to use all the features. XBL also requires an XBL Gold account to use things like Netfilx etc. I know plenty of people who have XBL Gold accounts yet do nothing but watch Netfilx on their Xbox's.

True. There are a lot of variables to consider, making a direct comparison sort of stupid. Then again, that particular fanboy still refuses to provide sources for his claims, so its not like there are any legitimate comparisons here for that to compromise anyways.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 clyde46
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] How's that petition for GTA: V going? And the petition for RDR?DrTrafalgarLaw

going?

It's going great. When hanging out with friends and even women, we can play Tekken, some couch-op Rayman Origins, some Ultimate Marvel, some Street Fighter and have a blast. I can't even imagine I'd have to hang out with people and have them play DOTA or LoL, hunched over a tiny computer screen you payed with the money for your tuition (assuming you've had any education at all) fees. :cool:

I have great fun taking my PC to LANS with my friends. What ya talking aboot?!
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] How's that petition for GTA: V going? And the petition for RDR?DrTrafalgarLaw

going?

baby-crying_2442222b.jpg

Rofl you mad that PC is #1 :lol:

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kalipekona

I think a better test is to look at the displays in stores like Walmart and Gamestop.

No disrespect to the PC but it's game section in most stores comes off as an afterthought.

d_parker

Oh jeeze. 

not-this-shit-again.jpg

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DrTrafalgarLaw

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

going?

Jankarcop

baby-crying_2442222b.jpg

Mad? I'm just entertained that a monkey like you is parading around fighting imaginary foes. :cool:
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

going?

Surprisingly, you can hang out with people without playing video games

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 clyde46
Resorting to baby pictures now are we?
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]  baby-crying_2442222b.jpgDrTrafalgarLaw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQP-Km2eRQkjTneqW_QFyY

Lmao the tears don't end. Don't worry, its projected PC wins next gen too.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Jankarcop

Resorting to baby pictures now are we?clyde46

I notice you didn't care that he started the whole "girls nerd virgin" trolling before I started that.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] He makes a fair point. Even single player users will be counted for steam when that is not the case for Xbox, PSN, and Wii. Not to mention, it may count people who simply have the application open and are not playing as well for Steam. Many variables to consider. By the way, you have yet to provide any sources for any of those, so it hardly matters.lx_theo

I didn't say it was the total userbase, he did. His point of single player gamers and many others being counted when many won't be on the others is valid, though.

But it should also be noted that Steam =/= all of PC gaming.

And regardless there are also the people who use Steam in offline mode not being counted in the total.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Jankarcop

No consolite has been able to prove the OP wrong. Or that PC has the most revenue.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Resorting to baby pictures now are we?Jankarcop

I notice you didn't care that he started the whole "girls nerd virgin" trolling before I started that.

Its called "Rising above". Something you obviously never learn't as we are posting babies crying in place of users posts that don't agree with our agenda.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 lx_theo

To note (for future generations): the deluded PC fanboy known as Jankarcop has devolved from a state of making unbacked claims and proclaiming dominance, to simply declaring dominance with no other backing. It seems its ability to form complete thoughts has deteriorated.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jankarcop

I provided plenty of facts. Now you're just trolling me so I'll go ahead and post pictures to laugh at you.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

No surprise pc software sale was 20 billion in revenue during 2012 I notice that some people keep on saying it adds facebook games and shit first of all Facebook games are free unless somehow count items purchases or credits :roll:

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Resorting to baby pictures now are we?clyde46

Its called "Rising above". Something you obviously never learn't as we are posting babies crying in place of users posts that don't agree with our agenda.

So you're crying that I'm not feeding the troll?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 lx_theo

Ly_the_Fairy

But it should also be noted that Steam =/= all of PC gaming.

And regardless there are also the people who use Steam in offline mode not being counted in the total.

True, and in the same vein as my response to Clyde's follow up earlier, this does demonstrate that there are enough variables between systems that a fair, direct comparison would be impossible.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 clyde46

To note (for future generations): the deluded PC fanboy known as Jankarcop has devolved from a state of making unbacked claims and proclaiming dominance, to simply declaring dominance with no other backing. It seems its ability to form complete thoughts has deteriorated.

lx_theo
There's a reason we call Jankarcop "The hermit town buffoon".
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 lx_theo

I provided plenty of facts. Now you're just trolling me so I'll go ahead and post pictures to laugh at you.

Jankarcop
You posted one, 3 year old chart. Try again little hermit.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

clyde46

You know he's trolling right?

You're looking pretty stupid right about now. 

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

lx_theo

It proved me right. What facts did you post?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

clyde46

Well earned, well earned.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jankarcop

They are trolling you because you have failed to provide any concrete evidence to back your claims up and now are resorting to moving the goals and spinning things.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lx_theo

Jankarcop

It didn't. You made many claims that were completely unrelated to it,. For the ones you did, the date of it makes it inaccurate and unable of proving any of them. Try again, little hermit.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 clyde46

Jankarcop

A piechart from 2010 is not sufficient evidence.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Jankarcop

Get stomped:

2010_video_game_revenue.jpg

ESAGraph-670x407.jpgfinancegraph.jpg

1cdb17dd-05bb-453b-8cdc-b1f0eb5e9dc4.jpg

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 DrTrafalgarLaw
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

clyde46

He went as far as giving out dating tips to consolites the last time he went on a crusade against imaginary foes. Buffoon is just an understatement.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lx_theo
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Its called "Rising above". Something you obviously never learn't as we are posting babies crying in place of users posts that don't agree with our agenda. clyde46

They are trolling you because you have failed to provide any concrete evidence to back your claims up and now are resorting to moving the goals and spinning things.

Hell, I'm not even trying to troll. All I have done is ask for him to provide backing to his claims. If he did provide real, concrete evidence, then I would have said okay and left ages ago.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] You posted one, 3 year old chart. Try again little hermit.clyde46

Why doesn't he have to post any evidence? Isn't he the one who has to show the OP's post was invalid rather me showing the OP is valid?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] You posted one, 3 year old chart. Try again little hermit.clyde46

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Jankarcop

4 reserach companies vs. SW users not giving any counter evidence?

What the **** is going on :lol: 

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

This thread is pretty big, what'd I miss? consolite tears? 

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 clyde46

Get stomped:

Again with this chart. Its too old.

ESAGraph-670x407.jpg

And this graph shows?

financegraph.jpg

Projected, provide some facts please.

Jankarcop

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/03/06/gdc-2012-pc-games-raked-in-18-6-billion-in-2011/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-03-28-pc-software-hit-record-USD20b-revenue-in-2012

I think this is better

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DrTrafalgarLaw

Get stomped:Jankarcop

Get stomped by graphs that do not even have names for both the X and Y-axis, by graphs that do not indicate location (U.S., Europe, Worldwide?), by graphs that do not even differentiate by Digital Download, Retail or perhaps even both? You never wrote a paper, did you?

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 kalipekona

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Its called "Rising above". Something you obviously never learn't as we are posting babies crying in place of users posts that don't agree with our agenda. clyde46

Actually he has. It's the people claiming that PC revenue is only high because of casual FB games that have failed to provide a single shred of evidence.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lx_theo

Get stomped:

ESAGraph-670x407.jpgfinancegraph.jpg

Jankarcop

The same pie chart from 2009

A bar chart that has no origin to speak of

A chart from 2010 with projections for the next two years.

And a broken image...

You do realize these all have the same issue the original pie chart had, right? Except the broken image. That isn't even anything. I also wonder if you even remember the claims you need to prove, since the new ones that works (one from this thread by the way) adds nothing to the evidence of any of those claims.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 clyde46

Jankarcop

Why doesn't he have to post any evidence? Isn't he the one who has to show the OP's post was invalid rather me showing the OP is valid?

You started with the claim, he asked for evidence, you gave none.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Jankarcop

Lmao Clyde being tricked by trolls, what an idiot.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

A study carried out by the Entertainment Software Association found that even in the US the PC nearly matches all home consoles combined in terms of gaming use. Other studies have shown that overall revenue generated on the PC in 2013 is on track to outpace all consoles combined.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/14/pc-gaming-is-so-dead-that-63-of-american-gamers-game-on-pc-beating-smartphones-and-handhelds/

The fact that the PC is a highly thriving game platform isn't news to most of us, but for those of you still in doubt...well, there you go.

kalipekona

You do realize the reason why it is 63% is because all of the people who play farmville while at work on their company computers count right? All the people who play solitare and minesweeper? All the people who play angry birds in their browser for free? All the free browser based kids games? Desktop tower defense? Bejeweled and other pop cap casual games that millions of moms play on their laptops also count. When a indie bundle of cheap little smart phone level games sells with like 5 or 10 games in it for a penny on humble indie bundle each of those games count.

Bottom line is the majority of "PC gamers" in statistics are people who play cany crush saga or games of thrones on facebook while at work, moms who play bookworm on their laptops, and kids who play angry birds or one of its million clones.

If you took away casual gaming PC gaming statistics would be under 10%.

How many games each year win game of the year awards and 100% completely PC exclusive games?

2013 http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html 1 pc exclusive

2012 http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/2012winners.html no pc exclusive games.

2011 http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/2011winners.html 1 pc exclusive

Well.....you get my point.

You are posting facts in the improper light. You take a very vauge and shadowed statistic with no break downs and you post it as absolute truth. The only fact is you wouldnt even be able to post your graph without middle aged housewives that are addicted to facebook and play chefville.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 clyde46

TheFadeForever

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/03/06/gdc-2012-pc-games-raked-in-18-6-billion-in-2011/

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-03-28-pc-software-hit-record-USD20b-revenue-in-2012

I think this is better

That is how you back up your claims!
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Jankarcop

TheFadeForever

I think this is better

It doens't count because SW trolls say it doens't.