Ouch - State of Decay 2 gets 5/10 on GS, AVOID rating on Eurogamer. Also 7.5 on IGN. Buggy mess by all accounts.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: Rock bottom and yet as you stated they have an established brand and base that for some unknown to actual business practices would stop another company from being successful if they joined.

So let me get this right, quadknight, not MSFt gets to decide on the health of the numbers they report? They've lost that free right?

They lost their right to report the health of their gaming division objectively when they stopped reporting actual number of consoles sold in 2015. The fact they are hiding numbers means I can't trust anything they tell me. I don't deal in percentages since percentages are easy to manipulate. If they start reporting hard numbers then I'll trust them again.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:

Most of the modern day features found on consoles is because of Microsoft. Something to think about.

Like what? Friend list, party chat and charging for online play what else.?

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Like what? The HDD in a console? Well, thanks MS. You're dismissed.

That is actually a sony idea that MS stole it,in fact the HDD for PS2 came out before the xbox was even out in early 2001 in japan.

@Pedro said:

MS didn't only standardize the inclusion of storage on the console in the form of a hard-drive they also revolutionized the way we play online games on consoles. They weren't the first but they made it what it is today.

Cloud saves was also introduced as part of their online features. Last gen it was a paid feature this gen is available to all users. This makes mobility between the console ecosystem hassle free and payment free. Extending the cloud save is the automation behind it. You don't need to do anything, it just happens behind the scenes without prompt.

Xbox Play Anywhere is also a great feature. Anyone calling it desperation is missing the actual benefit of the feature that is the move to a universal purchase of games which is a benefit to all gamers. Buy a game once play one any device. At the moment we are stuck with Xbox and PC, the future is hardware agnostic.

Digital rights for content you own is so much better on the Xbox than any of its competitors. The ease of access to content you paid for cannot be simpler. Simply go to your My Apps and Games and there is a category exclusively for all the games you have purchased. Because your games travel with you, accessing these games on another system simply requires the player to login and download.

Game content management and access. This was a feature I thought was standard but it isn't. If you play a disc version of a game and the game is already installed switching to a digital purchase of the game requires nothing from the player. The game simply loads the already installed game without the need to download the "digital version". The same applies with trials. Whether you play it from a disc purchase or digital you simply launch the already installed game and the system would automatically check the available licenses to access the game content.

Crossplay. This is not a feature that is available for all games but this feature has been pushed in several games and is not limited to MS controlled devices. That has not been done before. PS4 and Vita is not the equivalent.

Cross Game party chat was introduced to consoles by MS. It has extended its reach with the Xbox app on PC and mobile devices.

Resume play is another feature that was introduced to consoles with the Xbox One. I believe it was first available in 2014. It was implemented on the PS4 in 2015.

Remap your controller. While I have not used this feature it allows for the remapping of your controller independent of games.

Game share. Have not used this feature but I heard it works really well.

And their most recent addition is the Xbox One Adaptability controller.

So, lets not pretend MS has contributed nothing.

1-They took sony idea and just build it in,only to make it an accessory on the xbox 360 which didn't require a HDD,remember the core?

2-No they did not and even on the PS2 days sony had more games on dedicated servers than MS,which only perk was a global friend list and voice chat on all games,on PS2 was per game basis,but it wasn't P2P like live and was free not $50 a year.

3-

Microsoft has begun issuing updates to Xbox 360 consoles that will start moving saved games and profiles away from local storage and moving them into the cloud, Eurogamer reports.

https://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2011/07/05/microsoft-begins-moving-xbox-360-profiles-and-saved-games-to-the-cloud/

MS started doing that in July 2011 and guess what...lol

As I mentioned before, online storage for game saves functionality is included automatically for PlayStation Plus subscribers with system software update (v3.60), which will be available on March 10, 2011,

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/03/09/online-storage-for-game-saves-coming-to-playstation-plus/

Cloud saves started on PS3 on March 10 2011 months before MS started so get your facts right.

4-It is a desperation move and Sony did had cross buy's before MS had play anywhere,hell on PS3 sony allowed you to download digital games to 5 different playstation and you could even play one vs another on 2 different platforms using the same game.

5-Yes now it may be like that last gen it wasn't and xbox live has never been as open as PSN was and developer agree on that.

6-Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

THe PS3 had cross play with PC since last gen where had you been.?And at the start of the generation it was MS who didn't even allow cross play even with PC let alone other consoles,when the PS4 was ready and doing so,again this is the because sony was more open MS was playing catch.

7-Ill give you that,and party chat wasn't that great,it created problems in many multiplayer games because you wanted to talk with people on the game and they were busy talking to other people playing other games,Activision even block it some COD modes because on some modes you were not supposed to talk to your teammates once you were dead so it was use to cheat and tell on people.

8-I think pause and resume was say to come but didn't make it to 2015,i have to check.

9-I don't know about this as on PS it has always been in game,but lets not forget that it was the PS2 the console that introduce clickable analogues as well as 2 analogues which is the standard now,in fact running and mele are almost always maped on R3 and L3 which sony introduce.

10-Game share was on PS3 dude..

11-That is just a controller dude nothing innovative nothing more than a wii balance board or Kinect it self.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: Irrelevant how? I can't assess competition unless it effects me in a subjective entertainment market. What is Nintendo killing? Sales? Why does that matter to any of us? I'm not on their payroll.

Metacritic scores of games? I don't play games with other peoples tastes, time or money. So why should i care?

The only way I should care is if they are providing ME with games and a platform I wish to play on. Nintendo is not. So what are they killing for me?

The only other thing that could matter is stock price. In this regard Nintendo has done me well. But MSFT has fvckin crushed both of them in this regard for me.

I don't understand why you need MS to compete with the others or in what way.

Now come on sales important for support,3rd parties will think twice about supporting a dead platform with a low user base,the wii u is a testament to that.

On the metacritic part i most remind you that you are on a forum where scores matter,now matter how much lemmings deny it they do,and when Halo,Gears and Forza were walking over the PS3 offerings score wise on 2006 and 2007 lemmings were proud of their exclusives and their scores,and games like Uncharted or warhawk that were good games were seen as meh because they didn't carry a 90+ score attach.

Sales is the same thing as well last gen NPD thread rained for what 36 months straight that the xbox 360 was beating the PS3.?

Well more power to you,but i am sure you would be even more happy if you were getting very high rated games that lived to the hype.

Wait so sales don't matter,score don't matter but some how stocks matter? You have to go and pick the only thing were MS is doing good and which is not even because of the xbox,which you can scratch now from MS library of products and MS would still be very profitable.

Come one man almost all gamers out there don't invest in the market,so i could care less if sony make less than MS on stocks,i care that their games are delivering and that the user base is healthy as that will ensure that those games keep coming.

@Ant_17 said:

Don't care for the rest of your stuff, just pointing out 1 point.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-cross-platform-online-role-playing-game

lol i forgot about FF11 Sony was there 1 generation before MS was,i remember now MS whole big announcement about FF on xbox 360..lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#354 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@quadknight:There is, the market is overcrowded. Any other company coming in has to compete with Sony, MS, and Nintendo.No company at the moment can come in and hope to stand a chance with those three in there. Even though MS is screwing up this gen they still have an army of people that are loyal to Xbox.

@quadknight: Because how MS performs to their core base isn't what's relevant in the industry. There aren't enough hardcore lems in the industry to keep the Xbox brand alive

@quadknight: I don't give a shit about lems and the XBone brand, I care about the gaming industry. Like I've told you before MS can GTFO for all I care.

@quadknight: I have more than enough games to play bro, I just want MS to keep Nintendo and Sony at their toes. They aren't doing it right now and it's bothering me. I want MS to compete seriously with Sony and Nintendo because I believe both companies are at their best when they feel MS is about to steal customers away from them.

@quadknight: They lost their right to report the health of their gaming division objectively when they stopped reporting actual number of consoles sold in 2015. The fact they are hiding numbers means I can't trust anything they tell me. I don't deal in percentages since percentages are easy to manipulate. If they start reporting hard numbers then I'll trust them again.

Just to recap. Your statements have absolutely NO CONSISTENCY whatsoever. You're flip flopping like a fish pulled onto the deck of a boat. You claim to care about the gaming industry as if there is a smidgen of a chance this multi billion dollar profitable entertainment mega monster industry is anywhere near insolvency or danger. And let me guess, its MSFT's fault if it even loses a dollar.

I mention the report MS made on their revenue and year on year growth. You claim I am making it out like they are doing so well. LMAO like MS is the first corporation in human history to report revenue and growth when profits aren't skyrocket high. Of course they shouldn't try put a positive forward. Humans don't do such things LOL.

Last, you have gone into a self important, egotistical bitch fest where you have the gall to state as if you actually have the power to remove anyone's free right to determine how they gauge the health of their company. You are nobody special, have no such authority and have resorted to switching stances and be egomaniacal because you have no consistency or logical through line.

And I am not enjoying seeing it. I like you, quad. I always have gotten a kick out of some of your gifs, your jokes and back and forth on SW. But this bullshit "gamer crusader" for the industry ( that you admit has given you enough games) stance is a plunge into neurosis. Im sorry to see you like this. Take care and have a good night my friend.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight:There is, the market is overcrowded. Any other company coming in has to compete with Sony, MS, and Nintendo.No company at the moment can come in and hope to stand a chance with those three in there. Even though MS is screwing up this gen they still have an army of people that are loyal to Xbox.

@quadknight: Because how MS performs to their core base isn't what's relevant in the industry. There aren't enough hardcore lems in the industry to keep the Xbox brand alive

@quadknight: I don't give a shit about lems and the XBone brand, I care about the gaming industry. Like I've told you before MS can GTFO for all I care.

@quadknight: I have more than enough games to play bro, I just want MS to keep Nintendo and Sony at their toes. They aren't doing it right now and it's bothering me. I want MS to compete seriously with Sony and Nintendo because I believe both companies are at their best when they feel MS is about to steal customers away from them.

@quadknight: They lost their right to report the health of their gaming division objectively when they stopped reporting actual number of consoles sold in 2015. The fact they are hiding numbers means I can't trust anything they tell me. I don't deal in percentages since percentages are easy to manipulate. If they start reporting hard numbers then I'll trust them again.

Just to recap. Your statements have absolutely NO CONSISTENCY whatsoever. You're flip flopping like a fish pulled onto the deck of a boat. You claim to care about the gaming industry as if there is a smidgen of a chance this multi billion dollar profitable entertainment mega monster industry is anywhere near insolvency or danger. And let me guess, its MSFT's fault if it even loses a dollar.

I mention the report MS made on their revenue and year on year growth. You claim I am making it out like they are doing so well. LMAO like MS is the first corporation in human history to report revenue and growth when profits aren't skyrocket high. Of course they shouldn't try put a positive forward. Humans don't do such things LOL.

Last, you have gone into a self important, egotistical bitch fest where you have the gall to state as if you actually have the power to remove anyone's free right to determine how they gauge the health of their company. You are nobody special, have no such authority and have resorted to switching stances and be egomaniacal because you have no consistency or logical through line.

And I am not enjoying seeing it. I like you, quad. I always have gotten a kick out of some of your gifs, your jokes and back and forth on SW. But this bullshit "gamer crusader" for the industry ( that you admit has given you enough games) stance is a plunge into neurosis. Im sorry to see you like this. Take care and have a good night my friend.

You can take all my comment out of context to fit your agenda but it won't work.

My message is simple, MS should compete with Sony and Nintendo and if they aren't willing to do that they should get out of the industry because what they are doing now isn't competition. They are just existing in the market taking up valuable space that another company more serious about gaming could be taking. It's really that simple, I don't know why it's hard for you to understand bro. The reason I want them to compete is because I believe good competition breeds excellence in any industry and I want to see that in the gaming industry. MS being like they are right now is terrible for the industry.

Anyways, this argument is taking too long and I'm about to go see Deadpool 2, take care of yourself buddy.

? It's always fun debating with you because even though we disagree you're always very reasonable about it and I appreciate that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos: 11-That is just a controller dude nothing innovative nothing more than a wii balance board or Kinect it self.

Loading Video...

Put your fanboyism away and look at the guy with cerebral palsy left hand and then take a good look at that brave girl at the end of this video.

My older sister is mentally handicapped, and has severe cerebral palsy. She is 6 years older than me and the most pure soul in my life. I grew up playing video games with my older brothers on the Sega master system, Genesis etc. I watched my sister try to play with us because she wanted to feel normal. And she would break down and cry because she could not hold the controller with both hands. Thinking about this brings tears to my eyes now.

If you cant see that this controller is a break through product that Microsoft committed R&D capital to and will probably never see profit from but they did so people like my sister wouldn't have to cry because they cant enjoy games, then you're a sad, pathetic man, tormentos. Hate Xbox, hate Microsoft all you want. It wasn't Sony or Nintendo that cared enough about these people to make this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos: LMAO How do scores matter because Im on SW? You may take them seriously as you do the console wars, it doesn't mean the rest have to. If scores matter, what is my punishment for not believing that? If they mattered I would have to be bound by them. But none of the mods strike me or suspend for not giving a shit about Metacritic or review scores. You know why? Because they only matter if you believe in other people's opinions. I don't because other people don't buy games for me.

As for sales meaning support. There are over 1500 games on the Xbox One to play. I'll never in my life get to play them all. Safe to say support is covered.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#358 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@cainetao11: Sorry to hear that dude but this is getting way too personal.

I know how this goes.

We shit on it and lems label us all as some cruel monsters.

You win lems, i ain't talking shit about MS.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:

I know how this goes.

I apologize but this particular product from MS means more to me then them outfitting the rec room on Ft Sill with consoles and screens so we had games to play.

Nobody on here is a cruel monster. We're just a bunch of overgrown 12 year olds still arguing at the playground during recess. With 3 consoles, over 1800 games on PS4, 1500 on X1 and Im not sure on Switch, if a person cannot find enough games to play they don't really want to play video games. Peace out guys, Im done tonight.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#360 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@cainetao11:

No need to say sorry.

Just trying to stop people from turning this ugly, cause i saw it turn ugly on twitter with a cow insulting the controller.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#361 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69579 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

I know how this goes.

I apologize but this particular product from MS means more to me then them outfitting the rec room on Ft Sill with consoles and screens so we had games to play.

Nobody on here is a cruel monster. We're just a bunch of overgrown 12 year olds still arguing at the playground during recess. With 3 consoles, over 1800 games on PS4, 1500 0 on X1 and Im not sure on Switch, if a person cannot find enough games to play they don't really want to play video games. Peace out guys, Im done tonight.

Sorry but there was a typo for the X1 number of games. ;)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By cainetao11

@Pedro said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

I know how this goes.

Nobody on here is a cruel monster. We're just a bunch of overgrown 12 year olds still arguing at the playground during recess. With 3 consoles, over 1800 games on PS4, 1500 0 on X1 and Im not sure on Switch, if a person cannot find enough games to play they don't really want to play video games. Peace out guys, Im done tonight.

Sorry but there was a typo for the X1 number of games. ;)

You cruel monster LOL

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos: 11-That is just a controller dude nothing innovative nothing more than a wii balance board or Kinect it self.

Loading Video...

Put your fanboyism away and look at the guy with cerebral palsy left hand and then take a good look at that brave girl at the end of this video.

My older sister is mentally handicapped, and has severe cerebral palsy. She is 6 years older than me and the most pure soul in my life. I grew up playing video games with my older brothers on the Sega master system, Genesis etc. I watched my sister try to play with us because she wanted to feel normal. And she would break down and cry because she could not hold the controller with both hands. Thinking about this brings tears to my eyes now.

If you cant see that this controller is a break through product that Microsoft committed R&D capital to and will probably never see profit from but they did so people like my sister wouldn't have to cry because they cant enjoy games, then you're a sad, pathetic man, tormentos. Hate Xbox, hate Microsoft all you want. It wasn't Sony or Nintendo that cared enough about these people to make this.

Much love man. Hope your sister gets more love in this world.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#364 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1866 Posts
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: Rock bottom and yet as you stated they have an established brand and base that for some unknown to actual business practices would stop another company from being successful if they joined.

So let me get this right, quadknight, not MSFt gets to decide on the health of the numbers they report? They've lost that free right?

Quad is right though. The big 3 each have an established brand and a built in fanbase. The Wii U only appealed to core Nintendo gamers, which is why they failed. That was rock bottom for them, if you exclude the virtual boy. That is NOT good.

Microsoft needs to bring it so they can all do well. You want to grow the gaming industry to generate more revenue to make more games. Mobile gaming is up and PC gaming is up, but console gaming is down. Last gen, there were 510.06 million consoles sold. If Sony makes it to 120 million sold and Xbox gets up to 55 million sold, that's 283.56 consoles sold (Vita at 17 million and 3DS at 78 million lifetime sold). Even if you assume the Switch gets to 110 million sold, that's 393.56 million consoles sold. Down 116.5 million consoles even adding the Switch. This is not a good thing at all. Microsoft doesn't think it's a good thing since they originally expected the Xbox One to move about 400 million to 1 billion units sold. All that talk about services and play anywhere is a desperate move to please shareholders and hype up their services. Like Xbox Live memberships will actually go up with crossplay since you need it in Minecraft for every platform that is crossplaying with the Xbox One.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#365 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I was wondering why this game got so much negs.

And then I noticed its Xbone exclusive. -Well, that explains it!!!

Xbone exclusive=rubbish game=fact.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By cainetao11

@luxuryheart said:
@cainetao11 said:

Quad is right though. The big 3 each have an established brand and a built in fanbase. The Wii U only appealed to core Nintendo gamers, which is why they failed. That was rock bottom for them, if you exclude the virtual boy. That is NOT good.

Microsoft needs to bring it so they can all do well. You want to grow the gaming industry to generate more revenue to make more games. Mobile gaming is up and PC gaming is up, but console gaming is down. Last gen, there were 510.06 million consoles sold. If Sony makes it to 120 million sold and Xbox gets up to 55 million sold, that's 283.56 consoles sold (Vita at 17 million and 3DS at 78 million lifetime sold). Even if you assume the Switch gets to 110 million sold, that's 393.56 million consoles sold. Down 116.5 million consoles even adding the Switch. This is not a good thing at all. Microsoft doesn't think it's a good thing since they originally expected the Xbox One to move about 400 million to 1 billion units sold. All that talk about services and play anywhere is a desperate move to please shareholders and hype up their services. Like Xbox Live memberships will actually go up with crossplay since you need it in Minecraft for every platform that is crossplaying with the Xbox One.

Some great numbers posting. I am an investor. I have owned stock in MSFT for over a decade. 8 years SNE, 5 years NTDOY.

There are 58 tire manufacturing corporations by last count in 2014. Companies have gotten into business and stay in business in any industry without waiting for a "slot" to open for them. This is not how competitive capitalist industries work. You enter and you fvcking prove yourself, not wait for place to be granted to you.

If MS is doing so bad as Quad states in some posts then it wont be that hard for another company to show up and knock them out. If you go back a full page and read our entire back and forth, you will see he changes his statements from Xbox having an army of loyal followers to a few posts later telling me there are not enough die hard lems to keep the Xbox brand afloat; he states he doesn't care about Xbox and it can GTFO for all he cares, in another post he's bemoaning how it bothers him that MS isn't competitive to keep Sony on their toes which means he cares.

It was a hilarious day of flip flopping statements and self refuting by saying A then a post later stating Z. Do yourself a favor and read the ENTIRE debate. You tell me then there are not inconsistencies in his argument.

As far as your numbers analysis of the gaming industry and break down in categories: it is not in any dire straits. This akin to Fox news fear tactics. You're acting like humans are not making money hand over fist in the console space. Total number of consoles are down, yet revenue is up for one and profitability for two. The other also draws income from software like Simplygon that is used by over 80% of development teams in this industry and that isn't factored into hard consoles sold numbers. Sony is vocal about a PS5 in the works and Spencer has stated X1X is not the last Xbox. So for the time being, everyone worried because they "care about the industry" (give me a fvcking break), it isn't going to fold in on itself before our eyes anytime soon.

Microsoft has publicly said they are hiring for a large new first party studio. If that is not evidence that they are making corrections to the mistakes we all know they have made then you guys are idiots. It cannot produce games in the next month. All this doom and gloom is mental masturbation at this point. Time must be given time. We are not going to see the fruits of any investing into gaming MS is making tomorrow. So the only point to negativity and crying is to make fanboys that dislike them feel good.

As Ive asked quad, if you have enough games, what is the actual fvcking problem? Are you not entertained? Stop worrying about things we cannot control.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367  Edited By cainetao11

The point here to you guys that claim to care so much about this industry is what positive are you adding to this industry beating the tired subject of MS screwed up bad this gen?

There isn't a person on SW, hell a gamer on the internet that doesn't know the mistakes, fvck ups Xbox and MS have made this gen. I posted about it two pages back calling them out myself. We all know, we get it. What are you adding by beating this dead horse over and over? You claim to care about the industry so much then why is negativity the answer? Why is berating people that like something that you hate the thing you're adding to the industry?

Sports teams trade or cut negative people because negativity doesn't help anything. The industry got some positive news from Microsoft announcing opening a new studio in Santa Monica. But you "carers of the industry" wont let the fvcking thing have some time to see what it can possibly add. It will not solve MSFT's problems this month, I assure you. Give time, time.

Crying over the fact they fvcked up isn't helping anything but you enjoying being a fanboy that hates them. Just own it if that's your deal, guys. Its SW, that's fine.
But don't play gaming industry crusader and then beat this tired old subject and tell others its because you care. Its not solving or adding anything positive to the industry.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Pedro

@cainetao11 said:

The point here to you guys that claim to care so much about this industry is what positive are you adding to this industry?

There isn't a person on SW hell a gamer on the internet that doesn't know the mistakes, fvck ups Xbox and MS have made this gen. I posted about it two pages back calling them out myself. We all know, we get it. What are you adding by beating this dead horse over and over? You claim to care about the industry so much then why is negativity the answer? Why is berating people that like something that you hate the thing you're adding to the industry?

Sports teams trade or cut negative people because negativity doesn't help anything. The industry got some positive news from Microsoft announcing opening a new studio in Santa Monica. But you carers of the industry wont let the fvcking thing have some time to see what it can possibly add. It will not solve their problems this month, I assure you.

Crying over the fact they fvcked up isn't helping anything but you enjoy being a fanboy that hates them. Just own it if that's your deal, guys. Its SW, that's fine but don't play gaming industry crusader and then beat this tired old subject and tellothers its because you care. Its not solving or adding anything positive to the industry.

While you are very correct I don't think the stupidity from the same group would cease. People on here are more fanatics than just regular fanboys. The circle jerking just makes it even worse.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 cainetao11

@Pedro said:
@cainetao11 said:

The point here to you guys that claim to care so much about this industry is what positive are you adding to this industry?

There isn't a person on SW hell a gamer on the internet that doesn't know the mistakes, fvck ups Xbox and MS have made this gen. I posted about it two pages back calling them out myself. We all know, we get it. What are you adding by beating this dead horse over and over? You claim to care about the industry so much then why is negativity the answer? Why is berating people that like something that you hate the thing you're adding to the industry?

Sports teams trade or cut negative people because negativity doesn't help anything. The industry got some positive news from Microsoft announcing opening a new studio in Santa Monica. But you carers of the industry wont let the fvcking thing have some time to see what it can possibly add. It will not solve their problems this month, I assure you.

Crying over the fact they fvcked up isn't helping anything but you enjoy being a fanboy that hates them. Just own it if that's your deal, guys. Its SW, that's fine but don't play gaming industry crusader and then beat this tired old subject and tellothers its because you care. Its not solving or adding anything positive to the industry.

While you are very correct I don't think the stupidity from the same group would cease. People on here are more fanatics than just regular fanboys. The circle jerking just makes it even worse.

That's why said, if you just want to play SW all good. But don't tell me youre having a serious conversation and you care about industry and want MS to compete, but all you do is beat this same dead topic of all the problems that we all know about since the gen started.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By QuadKnight

The reason people beat the same topics over and over again is because MS isn't getting the message. Look at the trash they released this year for chrissakes. We just got Sea of Thieves a totally trash game and then State of Decay 2 a month later. These are not the type of games MS should be releasing at this point in the XBone's life especially now that the console is going through a drought. They aren't getting the message that they need to step it up because they have fanboys constantly damage controlling for them and telling them everything is okay when it isn't okay.

If lems could put on their objective hats for once and tell them to step it up then people like me wouldn't bother dogging MS. Look at when the WiiU was flopping hard, Sheep were on the ball and telling Nintendo to step it up. You had some delusional Sheep here on SW but most Sheep on the internet were on Nintendo's backs telling them to step it up. Eventually Nintendo got the message and stepped it up. Same shit happened with the PS3 when Sony screwed up at the start of the gen, people were on their backs constantly until they stepped it up.

Look at MS this gen, instead of lems doing the same thing and telling MS to step it up we have constant damage control and people saying dumb shit like "exclusives don't matter" and "MS is making more revenue than ever!" like that stops the Xbone from being a mediocre console. We have shitty fanboys like Crapgamer on Youtube constantly damage controlling and generating fake hype for Xbox. What will it take for lems to get their heads out of MS' butt and ask Phil to deliver?

@luxuryheart said:
@cainetao11 said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@quadknight said:

The reason people beat the same topics over and over again is because MS isn't getting the message. Look at the trash they released this year for chrissakes. We just got Sea of Thieves a totally trash game and then State of Decay 2 a month later. These are not the type of games MS should be releasing at this point in the XBone's life especially now that the console is going through a drought. They aren't getting the message that they need to step it up because they have fanboys constantly damage controlling for them and telling them everything is okay when it isn't okay.

If lems could put on their objective hats for once and tell them to step it up then people like me wouldn't bother dogging MS. Look at when the WiiU was flopping hard, Sheep were on the ball and telling Nintendo to step it up. You had some delusional Sheep here on SW but most Sheep on the internet were on Nintendo's backs telling them to step it up. Eventually Nintendo got the message and stepped it up. Same shit happened with the PS3 when Sony screwed up at the start of the gen, people were on their backs constantly until they stepped it up.

Look at MS this gen, instead of lems doing the same thing and telling MS to step it up we have constant damage control and people saying dumb shit like "exclusives don't matter" and "MS is making more revenue than ever!" like that stops the Xbone from being a mediocre console. We have shitty fanboys like Crapgamer on Youtube constantly damage controlling and generating fake hype for Xbox. What will it take for lems to get their heads out of MS' butt and ask Phil to deliver?

@luxuryheart said:
@cainetao11 said:

But if Nintendo cared so much about there fans and listened to them so much why did they bring out LABO.

Which by your very own words is just $80 trash cardboard in a box, mini game collection which is fun for only 5 minutes and designed for the gullible and stupid Nintendo fans.

At least SoT and SoD are games that had the potential in ambition to appeal to gamers, it's just the execution that was lacking.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#372 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts

A new console maker can probably enter the console market at anytime. I don't believe for a second that there isn't enough room for a new company to enter the console market. I say now is the best time for a new company to get involved with this market.

I see through what Microsoft is doing with the Xbox brand and I don't like that.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: Wait a second, you're telling me that publicly hiring for a new Santa monica first party studio isn't getting the message? So what then? This studio is supposed to have a game out tomorrow? There's no "well its a smart move in the right direction folks. Lets give them time to make some games"? They should just be crucified for the mistakes that we all know they have made, we have all discussed it to death? And you don't see how that is completely self serving for you a known Sony fanboy? How does it add anything positive to the industry you claim to care about?

Then like I said, you don't care about the industry. You just want to complain about spilled milk, mistakes that cant be corrected because they already happened. They cant fix QB, Recore, Ryse, and the multitude of mistakes they have already made. A time machine doesn't exist dude. They cant even change the co op being fvcked for many people in State of Decay 2 at partial launch. All they can do is patch it now. Nobody can go back in time.

And who the fvck is "we just got Sea of thieves"? Show me proof you own Sea of thieves, please. There is no "we" if you didn't buy it. You want them to go back in time, bring May 29ths content update for Sea of thieves with them and redo life. It cannot be done. Youre demanding the impossible. We know, they fvcked up. It cant be done over. But nobody that actually owns Sea of thieves is paying for any content update because they shouldn't have to. And that's called getting a message and trying to do right by people after a wrong.

So if you are so concerned with the industry, what positive is your constant negativity adding to the industry? You're the one claiming to care, not me. I know for a fact I have no control over the past or future. And no control over MS, Sony, Nintendo , TTWO, R*, From Software, Square Enix etc.

But one thing I do know is, having a positive attitude is more productive than bitching and moaning about the same fvckin things every day. Ive always been a glass half full kind of person. Obviously you are not. You want to stay focused on the negatives. I see them opening a new Santa Monica first party studio, I'm gonna give them time to show what these new investments can bring.

Do you even reach out to anyone from MS on social media? Do you use Xbox uservoice forums to voice concerns to them? You know, because you care so much about the industry.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 cainetao11

@boycie: But if Nintendo cared so much about there fans and listened to them so much why did they bring out LABO.

Which by your very own words is just $80 trash cardboard in a box, mini game collection which is fun for only 5 minutes and designed for the gullible and stupid Nintendo fans.

At least SoT and SoD are games that had the potential in ambition to appeal to gamers, it's just the execution that was lacking

But dude don't you see? Nintendo is killing it because they are selling so many Switches. Why that matters to me other than my stock price of NTDOY I still don't know.

"Because it ensures support and games". Sure, and the only one I like is BOTW. So again why should I care?

Obviously these guys don't like Halo or Gears or Forza, Cuphead and Ori. And that's ok. It is a subjective entertainment.

But none of this explains why people who claim to care so much about an industry as if they are fund managers that move hundreds of millions of dollars in said industry, act like being Negative bitches regurgitating the same shit over and over on SW forum is going to help the situation. DO people really think bitching and moaning here effects change in MS or any company for that matter? Then just admit the truth. You don't care, you just want to complain and bitch about it. It SW forum and that ok here. Just have the integrity to admit it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Yes man i saw it and i have a very close friend who has a girl with cerebral palsy,but hat is a controller nontheless,and is not even proven to work well we all know how MS lie about Kinect and how well it responded to people movements.

But hey ill give you that MS innovated on that which isn't even here.

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos: LMAO How do scores matter because Im on SW? You may take them seriously as you do the console wars, it doesn't mean the rest have to. If scores matter, what is my punishment for not believing that? If they mattered I would have to be bound by them. But none of the mods strike me or suspend for not giving a shit about Metacritic or review scores. You know why? Because they only matter if you believe in other people's opinions. I don't because other people don't buy games for me.

As for sales meaning support. There are over 1500 games on the Xbox One to play. I'll never in my life get to play them all. Safe to say support is covered.

They matter because you are here long enough to know they do,you can try to act your way you have a 2006 join date you were here for the 360 and PS3 era and those scores did matter,specially when the 360 was getting them,just like superior version use to matter as well and sales.

The endless threads are there you can find them easy.

@cainetao11 said:

Lock and load, it's going to be a..............where have I heard this before? I am very excited for this game. Man I love what I am reading about the campaign, spartan ops, and MP.

I know, some dont like it. Some dont like it because it isnt on their console (they'll never admit it though).

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/official-halo-4-hype-thread-gs-review-90-29295899/?page=80

You were there and oh look how you were when Halo 4 was getting good reads vs how you are now,in fact Halo 4 scored a 9 here,that page is fill with lemmings hyping Halo 4 to infinity and beyond and after the 9 score came in and the hype was met even more.

I didn't even need to swim that far 2012 236 pages of pure fun...lol

Scores do matter only when it serve you lemmings best interest,look at how lemmings started to post scores left and right..lol

The problem with you lemmings is that scores are not on your side this gen,the xbox one is not even there to compete with the PS3 which started slow but pick up,by 2008 there was MGS4 on its 2nd year,by 2009 Uncharted 2 which scored 96% on meta,the xbox one simple is lacking badly into its 5th year,and it doesn't have a SINGLE true exclusive that you can find nowhere else but on xbox that has 90% or better.

The xbox 360 by this time frame had like what 15 or more of those.?

Le me quote it again....

@cainetao11 said:

But none of the mods strike me or suspend for not giving a shit about Metacritic or review scores. You know why?Because they only matter if you believe in other people's opinions. I don't because other people don't buy games for me.

You now on scores.

@cainetao11 said:

Lock and load, it's going to be a..............where have I heard this before? I am very excited for this game. Man I love what I am reading about the campaign, spartan ops, and MP.

You on 2012 on Halo 4,look how you were even excited about OTHER PEOPLE OPINIONS THAT YOU WERE READING ABOUT HALO 4.

Of course those were good opinions..

So please man stop i know you care about score because i have been here long enough to know you care and others too,and i was on that thread to. :)

Yes and the majority of those can be found elsewhere + some incredible one not found on the xbox,oh did i mention many of those are old games to.?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By QuadKnight

@boycie: Before they released Labo what didn’t they release on the Switch? BOTW and Mario Galaxy, two of the highest rated games this gen. Negates every argument you’re trying to make. It’s about the game’s first and foremost and Nintendo has delivered on that front before chasing after gimmicks. What killer app has MS released this gen? I’m waiting.....

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377  Edited By QuadKnight

@tormentos: I love how the same lems that held scores over cows’ heads last gen suddenly don’t care about scores now because Xbone hasn’t gotten a proper AAA exclusive this gen. The same people that called Resistance mediocre last gen for only being a AA scoring game now want us to accept mediocre trash like Sea of Thieves and State if Decay 2. I’m not only noticing this type of bullshit on SW, I’m seeing it in the internet in general. Suddenly “Metacritic doesn’t matter” and “me and my friends play it so it must be good” are the new mantra. Pathetic, I’ve never seen a faction flip on an issue so quickly before.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By QuadKnight

@cainetao11: How long have you given them time? The Xbone is approaching it’s 5th year and MS is only opening a new studio now? You don’t find hat problematic? What have they been doing for the past 5 years? Why should anyone give them time if it’s only now they are opening new studios? When do you expect this new studio to launch their new game? It certainly won’t be this gen since new IPs can take 4-5 years to develop. So you’re telling me that this entire Xbone gen has been a wash then. C’mon bro, even you have to be getting impatient with MS’ bullshit by now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 Pedro

I was finally able to play last night. The bugs are definitely present but nothing game breaking or frustrating so far. Doors that are closed appear to be open, some random vertical banding from most likely the screenspace ambient occlusion, intermittent stutter, janky animation while switching seats, enemy spawning (maybe a design choice), some rare hitbox issues and I was stuck in geometry when I switched to a specific character at an outpost. Besides these hiccups the game has me interested.?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 tormentos

@quadknight said:

@tormentos: I love how the same lems that held scores over cows’ heads last gen suddenly don’t care about scores now because Xbone hasn’t gotten a proper AAA exclusive this gen. The same people that called Resistance mediocre last gen for only being a AA scoring game now want us to accept mediocre trash like Sea of Thieves and State if Decay 2. I’m not only noticing this type of bullshit on SW, I’m seeing it in the internet in general. Suddenly “Metacritic doesn’t matter” and “me and my friends play it so it must be good” are the new mantra. Pathetic, I’ve never seen a faction flip on an issue so quickly before.

Yep and to think Resistance got an actual 86 here when scale was from 1 to 100,and that is Resistance metascore 86.

Now a 68 game is fine some how,last gen that was consider a total disaster,and even 80's rage games were consider meh or generic.

I was here i know that scores did matter to many,and i know sales and exclusives as well as superior versions matter as well last gen.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@tormentos said:

Yep and to think Resistance got an actual 86 here when scale was from 1 to 100,and that is Resistance metascore 86.

....and even 80's rage games were consider meh or generic.

More amazing still is when Resistance Fall of Man came out as an AA 86 MC scoring title, xbox fans came out with the meme "PS4 has no games" because it wasn't AAA.

But here's the kicker, even though Resistance Fall of Man was a MP focused game with 40 players online and dedicated servers that earned a 86 MC score which lems said was a trash game....Both Halo 5 and Gears 4 are sitting at a LOWER 84 MC ranking now but lemmings still try to call them AMAZING MP games this gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't those (Halo 5 and Gears 4) also "garbage" now according to lems long time argument?

So, how can lems still try to claim they have good MP games this gen after calling the HIGHER rated MP focused 86 MC rated Resistance Fall of Man garbage?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 QuadKnight
@tgob89 said:
@tormentos said:
@quadknight said:

Now a 68 game is fine some how,last gen that was consider a total disaster,and even 80's rage games were consider meh or generic.

I was here i know that scores did matter to many,and i know sales and exclusives as well as superior versions matter as well last gen.

More amazing still is when Resistance Fall of Man came out as an AA 86 MC scoring title, xbox fans came out with the meme "PS4 has no games" because it wasn't AAA.

But here's the kicker, even though Resistance Fall of Man was a MP focused game with 40 players online and dedicated servers that earned a 86 MC score that lems claimed was a trash game....Both Halo 5 and Gears 4 this generation are sitting a an 84 MC ranking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how come lems still try to claim Xbox one has good MP games this gen after calling the HIGHER rated MP focused 86 MC rated Resistance Fall of Man garbage?

Tables have turned on lems. They are feeling like they are under siege because the bullshit they tried to pull off last gen has caught up with them now. Both lems and MS Xbox division are feeling the pressure from past mistakes lol.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@tgob89: is the resistance series any good? I've always been curious to play it.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Resistance was always pretty mediocre. But Halo had an epic "fall from grace" after 3 so.......... yea.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#385 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Loving it so far, played a good amount over the weekend, solo and co-op. It's a nice improvement over the first game, and while the graphics are rough, they are definitely better than the first game in many areas. The only major bug I encountered was in co-op, I was the host and one of my side quests would not finish....we just skipped it, and then when I re-loaded solo I was able to clear it on my own.

The game has successfully captured the unique feel of the first game and expanded on it, after a little more polish this is going to be even better. The worst glitch for me is the flickering flashlight when I join another person's game, I hope they fix that asap, it's annoying. The surprise goodie is the superb soundtrack, it captures the dark, hopeless feel of the game nicely. Did a lot of vehicle raids with others, the game has multiplayer tier rewards for when you join and help the host, you can access additional multiplayer options through the radio.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 LuxuryHeart
@cainetao11 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@cainetao11 said:

Some great numbers posting. I am an investor. I have owned stock in MSFT for over a decade. 8 years SNE, 5 years NTDOY.

There are 58 tire manufacturing corporations by last count in 2014. Companies have gotten into business and stay in business in any industry without waiting for a "slot" to open for them. This is not how competitive capitalist industries work. You enter and you fvcking prove yourself, not wait for place to be granted to you.

If MS is doing so bad as Quad states in some posts then it wont be that hard for another company to show up and knock them out. If you go back a full page and read our entire back and forth, you will see he changes his statements from Xbox having an army of loyal followers to a few posts later telling me there are not enough die hard lems to keep the Xbox brand afloat; he states he doesn't care about Xbox and it can GTFO for all he cares, in another post he's bemoaning how it bothers him that MS isn't competitive to keep Sony on their toes which means he cares.

It was a hilarious day of flip flopping statements and self refuting by saying A then a post later stating Z. Do yourself a favor and read the ENTIRE debate. You tell me then there are not inconsistencies in his argument.

As far as your numbers analysis of the gaming industry and break down in categories: it is not in any dire straits. This akin to Fox news fear tactics. You're acting like humans are not making money hand over fist in the console space. Total number of consoles are down, yet revenue is up for one and profitability for two. The other also draws income from software like Simplygon that is used by over 80% of development teams in this industry and that isn't factored into hard consoles sold numbers. Sony is vocal about a PS5 in the works and Spencer has stated X1X is not the last Xbox. So for the time being, everyone worried because they "care about the industry" (give me a fvcking break), it isn't going to fold in on itself before our eyes anytime soon.

Microsoft has publicly said they are hiring for a large new first party studio. If that is not evidence that they are making corrections to the mistakes we all know they have made then you guys are idiots. It cannot produce games in the next month. All this doom and gloom is mental masturbation at this point. Time must be given time. We are not going to see the fruits of any investing into gaming MS is making tomorrow. So the only point to negativity and crying is to make fanboys that dislike them feel good.

As Ive asked quad, if you have enough games, what is the actual fvcking problem? Are you not entertained? Stop worrying about things we cannot control.

It's not based on consoles though. Nintendo was losing money on the Wii U and had to rely on their handheld console and Amiibo sales. The Amiibo wasn't about brilliant marketing, even if everyone did like it. It was about making up for lost profits on the Wii U. Microsoft isn't making money on consoles sold, they're making money on paid services and other ventures within Microsoft. Even Sony is making a huge chunk of money from paid services. It's not the console sales or games that are really increasing that much, it's mostly paid services and other ventures.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 LuxuryHeart
@quadknight said:

Emphasis on the bolded. Microsoft increased revenue by having paid services. Kind of like how Nintendo increased their revenue by making Amiibo. It wasn't a sign that the Wii U did well, more like they found a quick fix to their lack of revenue (outside of the 3DS). I think they were proud of how much they made from their services, like Nintendo might have been proud of their Amiibo sales, but Microsoft did not want to cap at 55 million lifetime sales just like Nintendo didn't want to have less than 14 million lifetime sales. Microsoft actually wanted to get 400 million to 1 billion units sold. Even if that was for the whole generation that is about 133.33 million to 333.33 million, assuming everyone gets a perfect third. That was their original plan, but it didn't work out.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By QuadKnight
@luxuryheart said:
@quadknight said:

Emphasis on the bolded. Microsoft increased revenue by having paid services. Kind of like how Nintendo increased their revenue by making Amiibo. It wasn't a sign that the Wii U did well, more like they found a quick fix to their lack of revenue (outside of the 3DS). I think they were proud of how much they made from their services, like Nintendo might have been proud of their Amiibo sales, but Microsoft did not want to cap at 55 million lifetime sales just like Nintendo didn't want to have less than 14 million lifetime sales. Microsoft actually wanted to get 400 million to 1 billion units sold. Even if that was for the whole generation that is about 133.33 million to 333.33 million, assuming everyone gets a perfect third. That was their original plan, but it didn't work out.

I laughed so hard when they made this prediction in 2013. What were they smoking? Not even the PS2 was that successful and it was the most successful console the world has ever seen by a long shot. Where did they think they were going to get those crazy numbers from?

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 LuxuryHeart
@quadknight said:
@luxuryheart said:
@quadknight said:

I laughed so hard when they made this prediction in 2013. What were they smoking? Not even the PS2 was that successful and it was the most successful console the world has ever seen by a long shot. Where did they think they were going to get those crazy numbers from?

It wasn't too crazy though when you take their reasoning in mind. Gaming was supposed to expand and grow, which is why they had the inflated sales. Mobile gaming was taking off, PC gaming was growing, and the console space went from 413.4 million to 510.06 including portable consoles. That's a 97.66 million increase. If you take away the portables, gaming increased by 61.04 million. It's not crazy to think that it increase, especially since gaming was becoming more mainstream with every demographic. You also have to remember that Sony increased their sales this gen as well. They were at like 86 million units sold for last gen, and now they're on pace to get about 110-135 million units sold. It's not crazy to think that maybe Microsoft thought that maybe the Wii 2 would have about 140-160 million sales, the PS4 would have about 130-155 million sales, and the Xbox 720 would have about 130-150 million sales as well.

Unfortunately, Nintendo dropped the ball with the Wii U and Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with the Xbox One reveal. Sony is the only one that has a chance to line up with Microsoft's prediction about about 130+ million sold.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: @cainetao11: How long have you given them time? The Xbone is approaching it’s 5th year and MS is only opening a new studio now?"

Isn't it up to me how patient i am? And in those 5 years i have enjoyed Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, FH2, Halo 5, Gears 4, Ori and the blind Forest, Cuphead, PUBG and State of Decay 2.

Am i supposed to guage my enjoyment of something by metecritic scores or by my personal experience? Oh wait i know!! I couldn't possible be having fun with an Xbox or games because they arent selling like the PS4, right?

So how should i decide on my level of patience? By these things that mean absolutely nothing in reality to whether a person is having fun or their own first hand experience?

Look I got it, they haven't done a damn thing to win you over. That's why after you said "we just got sea of thieves recently", I asked: who is we? Do you own an X1or that game? Stop taking this industry so personal dude because negativity isn't adding anything positive to it and if you don't own the platform you hate, and please bro, you hate it, then why do you care?

Oh right, to keep Sony on their toes, sure lol. I doubt anyone at Nintendo or Sony require your ideas of how to keep them on their toes. Let go, bro. It's all beyond your control.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#391 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

This game isn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. Mediocre? Yes. Bad? No. I'd recommend it if you have some friends and want to kill zombies with them. That's it, really - it's not deep, it's not compelling, it's just good simple fun.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos: Oh my god. You really think you nailed me, don't you?

Yes i was excited about what i read describing, that word again is DESCRIBING, those modes of play in Halo 4. How does that equal me living by someone elses opinion? How many people here state they read reviews, not scores. Because the information in a review like how many difficulties are there, how many MP modes, co op, competitive, does co op have a story to it? That's what i was excited by. None of that requires a persona personal judgement.

You must be of extreme low intelligence if you think that was a direct equality. I can't solve stupid for you.

As for scores, it's as I've said many times in the past two years: I grow as a person, evolve. I have lied, been a hypocrite, stolen, cheated, been violent and unfaithful in this life. But i continue to grow.

If i didn't grow then i would've bought Forza Horizon 3 and every Forza just because they score higher than their competition. I don't own any of them. Because scores do not mean a damn thing to me. As i said I'm sure I'm guilty of things much worse in my past then your pathetic attempt above. I will not apologize for growing and evolving as a human.

Lastly, i don't care who you know that has CP, I wish that person the best no doubt. Nobody else cared enough to make a controller that is completely adaptable for people with disabilities. Your precious Sony didn't and they're for the players arent they? Well i guess not all of them. It's only a controller to you. Good for you, guy.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@cainetao11: Their blind to whats coming in the future when game streaming services take off. Wont be MS you'll need to worry about. You got some giants in Amazon, Apple and Google who can challenge hardware with streaming services.

Game streaming services will most likely take chunk out of software sales from MS and Sony where sustaining hardware will be at a loss. Sure Blockbuster felt smug with its business until streaming wiped them out.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#394 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17434 Posts
@xantufrog said:

This game isn't nearly as bad as some people are making it out to be. Mediocre? Yes. Bad? No. I'd recommend it if you have some friends and want to kill zombies with them. That's it, really - it's not deep, it's not compelling, it's just good simple fun.

I agree.

After putting about 4 more hours into it, its a big improvement over the previous game.

I LOVE being able to upgrade the base and even having mod slots for them.

The RPG mechanics are what keep me hooked.

Solid game, but not earth shattering.

It really wouldve scored better with a better story and world.

There are lots of little enclaves scattered around but it seems they dont have life aside from bugging you for help.

Wouldve been great if they actually roamed the world and you ran into them organically when you showed up to loot a building.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

Currently its a challenge for me to keep my people not groggy and to sustain my home base. I will be trying it with friend latter and hopefully we can run a mock.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#396 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@Pedro: I found it got much easier once I had a vehicle and realized I could store up to 6 more items in the trunk. You + a follower + a vehicle can definitely help you stock up early on. From there, I just focus on the tasks that sound appealing/making sure my followers aren't terribly ill.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: @cainetao11: How long have you given them time? The Xbone is approaching it’s 5th year and MS is only opening a new studio now?"

Isn't it up to me how patient i am? And in those 5 years i have enjoyed Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, FH2, Halo 5, Gears 4, Ori and the blind Forest, Cuphead, PUBG and State of Decay 2.

Am i supposed to guage my enjoyment of something by metecritic scores or by my personal experience? Oh wait i know!! I couldn't possible be having fun with an Xbox or games because they arent selling like the PS4, right?

So how should i decide on my level of patience? By these things that mean absolutely nothing in reality to whether a person is having fun or their own first hand experience?

Look I got it, they haven't done a damn thing to win you over. That's why after you said "we just got sea of thieves recently", I asked: who is we? Do you own an X1or that game? Stop taking this industry so personal dude because negativity isn't adding anything positive to it and if you don't own the platform you hate, and please bro, you hate it, then why do you care?

Oh right, to keep Sony on their toes, sure lol. I doubt anyone at Nintendo or Sony require your ideas of how to keep them on their toes. Let go, bro. It's all beyond your control.

I own a PC amigo with Windows 10 and I played SoT thanks to Game Pass. I don't need an Xbone to play your games or have you forgotten MS gave out all your exclusives to PC? Look man, I'm a gamer first and foremost. SW is a game and a persona to me, if MS releases good games I will play them on my PC and I won't give a shit whether they are Xbox games or PC games. Don't think because I'm a "cow" on SW I don't like playing good games from MS. I want good games from MS, it's just that simple.

You should demand better from them and stop accepting mediocrity. It's because lems haven't demanded better from them that's why Xbox is in such a dire situation right now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight: Then can you please post your gamertag so I can actually see play time in Sea of Thieves? Windows 10 or not, you're using Live and I know how that works. Also, Xbox game passs is not available on PC. However some of the Play Anywhere titles are in Game pass. So you're telling me you pay this company you don't care about and think should GTFO of the industry, $10 a month for a few games. Games that you are telling me I should demand more from MS as result of their Metascores?

They gave all my exclusives to PC? Why should that matter to me? I don't care what anybody else is playing or on what hardware they are doing it on. Why does that matter outside of fanboy pissing contests? It obviously isn't hurting MSFT's bottom line. Stock price has never been higher. Why do you care if others can play the same game as you on an Xbox or a PC? I don't understand why that matters to anyone.

Bottom line is, you're previous post comes down to; "when are you going to feel like I do, caintao11?"

Answer: Never. I will never be you, you will never be me. I will continue to value my personal experinces in life over anybody's numerical score of a game.

If by this point I had NOTHING that I enjoyed and still do enjoy playing on Xbox I probably wouldn't still own it. I am my own gamer and man.

Don't should on others. Thine own counsel must you keep. And allow others the same honor.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@recloud: The campaign in one is really good. The MP in the second is good, the campaign is trash, never played three.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

It looks alright. I'm digging the whole slow impending doom vibe and dark humour - reminds me a lot of zombie movies from the late '60s and early '70s, before zombies all had to be superhumanly agile and zombie movies were expected to double as hero stories.

How serious are the bugs and glitches? I was brought up on buggy games, so I'm not that bothered by the occasional freeze. Is there anything that's game-breaking in there?