Ouch - State of Decay 2 gets 5/10 on GS, AVOID rating on Eurogamer. Also 7.5 on IGN. Buggy mess by all accounts.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

People should accept it and move on,the game has serious problems,sure it can be fun for people who are willing to tolerate those problems,but playing 25 hours to have stuff that you played hard to get or upgrade and have then banish is a joke.

This game with more time and money could have been something great,it simply isn't now.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@tormentos: I mean hopefully they'll patch it with fixes, as all games get these days. Not defending the inital flaw but I don't think it will forever be broken.

Enragedhydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#303 Enragedhydra
Member since 2005 • 1085 Posts

@locopatho said:
@pc_rocks said:

Will MS ever be able to publish a good game?

Age Of Empires in 1997 ;)

Bungie was under Microsoft when they made Halo in 2001. I know it is subjective if Halo is considered good or not but it was enjoyed by lots of people :D

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

Crapgamer: 6/10 "And that's being kind"... Wow

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#305 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts
@tormentos said:

People should accept it and move on,the game has serious problems,sure it can be fun for people who are willing to tolerate those problems,but playing 25 hours to have stuff that you played hard to get or upgrade and have then banish is a joke.

This game with more time and money could have been something great,it simply isn't now.

First time ive agreed with you on something lol.

Also the first time ive seen you post something reasonable lol :P

Are you ok? :(

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#306 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

@quadknight said:

? You lems seem to think this videogame business is a charity. If MS can’t compete they should GTFO and create space for someone else that can. Rooting for a mediocre gaming company like MS for the sake of competition is actually bad for the industry. They aren’t worthy competition for Sony or Nintendo. I’d rather have some real competition in place of them. If they get out maybe someone like Amazon or Apple can come in and inject some real competition. Xbox right now is just taking up space and wasting everyone’s time and I refuse to support such bullshit.

Why should Microsoft quit? and yes Microsoft has been lazy this year and we need Microsoft for competition and this coming from a loyal Sony fan

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#307 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@kuu2: I don't know. All I know is what I am experiencing. I don't speak for anyone but myself. That's why I don't trust anyone's reviews on anything. I play games myself because nobody is me so experience is the truth. I haven't had any major bug as of yet. Has my hand clipped through a car door a time or two? Sure. In GoW the camera just continued to spin around Kratos on the second night I was playing. I restarted it and it was fine, I don't sweat this shit. But the way Eurogamer made it out to be it was a completely broken game. Well I guess I have a magic X1X then because it works

@Alucard_Prime said:

I played the game for several hours with 2 other people, not 1 game-breaking bug was encountered. I did encounter minor glitches here and there, similar to the first game I would say, I feel the engine is more polished than the first game overall but not by much. The jankiness is still there.

Some clipping here and there, and the most annoying bug sometimes was the flashlight that would flicker. Overall compared to the first game I'm satisfied, coop worked very well for me and one of the way I can say it worked well, is that for about 3 hours we played co-op 3 people and not 1 single crash. Many games I played in the past would crash at launch.

The easiest way to describe this game, it's really State of Decay with added co-op. The base works differently it seems, in terms of building stuff, but I was not the host so I don't know how it worked specifically(only the host can build). The graphics are a little improved, better color palette, and I thought it has a cool soundtrack actually. But overall it feels very similar to the first game.

I like how they approached certain mechanics for co-op. For example, you find containers that are different colors and the colors match one of the players, and only that player can open it....it's a different approach to loot sharing but I felt it kept players engaged. I think if you are a huge fan of the first game and want to play with people, you will probably get what you want out of this game. It doesn't feel like a big improvement from the first game, no....it's more of the same but it's fun playing coop now for me I'm enjoying it.

Ok...…….

I am chalking it then to not having a patch. That is great to hear. I think I will use my one month game pass to try this out.

Thanks guys!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am really scratching my head on this. For Xbox to bang the gong about being the king for online gaming, it is unthinkable that they continue to release games that don't make that a sticking point.

After the drubbing that Halo MCC got for launching a broken mess for online, I thought they wouldn't do it again. I honestly did. How is the co-op just atrocious in a game like this? Who is making the quality control decisions?

Preserving the integrity of Live and first party efforts should be priority fucking one for Xbox leadership. Where is the lie?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

? You lems seem to think this videogame business is a charity. If MS can’t compete they should GTFO and create space for someone else that can. Rooting for a mediocre gaming company like MS for the sake of competition is actually bad for the industry. They aren’t worthy competition for Sony or Nintendo. I’d rather have some real competition in place of them. If they get out maybe someone like Amazon or Apple can come in and inject some real competition. Xbox right now is just taking up space and wasting everyone’s time and I refuse to support such bullshit.

Why should Microsoft quit? and yes Microsoft has been lazy this year and we need Microsoft for competition and this coming from a loyal Sony fan

I don't want them out of the business but if they aren't gonna try then they need to GTFO and let someone else enter, that's my position. I like competition but MS isn't even trying to compete right now and to me that's very bad. Phil and MS executives are almost trying to help Sony sell PS4s right now, it's pathetic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#310 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

I don't want them out of the business but if they aren't gonna try then they need to GTFO and let someone else enter, that's my position. I like competition but MS isn't even trying to compete right now and to me that's very bad. Phil and MS executives are almost trying to help Sony sell PS4s right now, it's pathetic.

Most of the modern day features found on consoles is because of Microsoft. Something to think about.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Pedro
@quadknight said:

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

@Pedro: ???? Says the sensitive company cheerleader that claims he’s being “attacked” because people point out the flops his console of choice keeps getting.

I see that I struck a nerve again. Try not to cry this time. Be strong Quad, you can hold it in.

^ ^ ? Look at him desperately trying not to cry State of Decay flopped harder than Sea of Turds.

LOL. You try so hard that its sad. All of these antics to cover up the reality that I make you cry everytime. Keep talking about the Xbox because we all know you secretly play it more especially Sea of Thieves, your favorite game. :)

? Weak comeback.

Is it? Because you didn't deny it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

Most of the modern day features found on consoles is because of Microsoft. Something to think about.

Lol, he'll be totally oblivious to that... his head is too far up Sony's arse.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

Like what? The HDD in a console? Well, thanks MS. You're dismissed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I see you use your ignorance as a counter argument. Very interesting.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

I see you use your ignorance as a counter argument. Very interesting.

Well, I still haven't seen why you think MS is entitled to a place in the industry because they squeezed PC architecture in a box 17 years ago. I mean, damn, they still gotta make some good games for their customers. Microsoft has too much of a case of "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" going on for them already.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#316 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

That's bitch shit Quad. There is nothing stopping any other company from coming in and forcing someone out. That's business. If MS is really so bad then someone else can come force them out. This idea that a place must be made is completely anti free market business. That's not a world I want to live in.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#317 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts

@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

Funny thing is I own more PS4 games than Xbox one and I knew sea of thieves would flop but didn't see State of Decay 2 flopping because how good first State of Decay is and that Microsoft better show some pretty damn good games at E3 2018 next month if they don't I be spending my money on PS4

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:
@quadknight said:

That's bitch shit Quad. There is nothing stopping any other company from coming in and forcing someone out. That's business. If MS is really so bad then someone else can come force them out. This idea that a place must be made is completely anti free market business. That's not a world I want to live in.

There is, the market is overcrowded. Any other company coming in has to compete with Sony, MS, and Nintendo. No company at the moment can come in and hope to stand a chance with those three in there. Even though MS is screwing up this gen they still have an army of people that are loyal to Xbox. Free market business has to do with competition and companies that can't or won't compete get shoved out of a free market economy. If MS aren't willing to compete then they are taking the space of someone else that will be willing to do so. Consumers benefit when all three companies are doing their absolute best to compete for our dollars.

MS isn't even trying to compete. This whole gen has been nothing but an embarrassment for them and it seems right now they've completely given up. Look at the shit we've gotten lately from them, you can't compare their effort this gen to how hard they tried last gen with the 360. Right now they are practically helping Sony sell PS4s. I don't want that bullshit from them, if they aren't gonna give it everything they've got they should GTFO and create room for someone else that will.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By QuadKnight
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:

What new features? Online? LOL, Dreamcast had that first. Party chat, HDD, and Achievements? I'll give you that. Microntransaction and paying for online? You two morons can't figure out I'm talking about this gen. You have to be total clowns if you think MS this gen is remotely as competitive or innovative compared to previous gens. Last gen I was happy when they were competing. Hell, I even bought a 360. This gen they are complete jokes and are practically helping Sony sell PS4s.

What new feature have they brought to console gaming this gen that has been revolutionary? What have they done this gen to be considered leaders? They tried to give us Kinect and DRMs and failed miserably. Then they brought in Play Anywhere which completely made their console redundant, and half ass backward compatibility that previous gens did better. Game Pass has been mediocre as hell because it's filled with shovelware like Sea of Piss and old ass games. You clowns are too busy cheerleading for Phil Spencer and your Flopbones that you don't even notice that the Xbox brand has now become a joke in the industry.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:

What new features? Online? LOL, Dreamcast had that first. Party chat, HDD, and Achievements? I'll give you that. Microntransaction and paying for online? You two morons can't figure out I'm talking about this gen. You have to be total clowns if you think MS this gen is remotely as competitive or innovative compared to previous gens. Last gen I was happy when they were competing. Hell, I even bought a 360. This gen they are complete jokes and are practically helping Sony sell PS4s.

What new feature have they brought to console gaming this gen that has been revolutionary? What have they done this gen to be considered leaders? They tried to give us Kinect and DRMs and failed miserably. Then they brought in Play Anywhere which completely made their console redundant, and half ass backward compatibility that previous gens did better. Game Pass has been mediocre as hell because it's filled with shovelware like Sea of Piss and old ass games. You clowns are too busy cheerleading for Phil Spencer and your Flopbones that you don't even notice that the Xbox brand has now become a joke in the industry.

That new adaptive controller set up is pretty innovative. Also crossplay and gamepass are both very pro-customer moves from them.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#321 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm staying away from that shit

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By QuadKnight
@boycie said:
@quadknight said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

That new adaptive controller set up is pretty innovative. Also crossplay and gamepass are both very pro-customer moves from them.

I forgot about the controller, I'll give you that. Neither crossplay nor gamepass are innovative. Sony was already doing cross play with Vita and PS3 last gen and Vita and PS4 at the start of the gen before MS. Gamepass is a desperation move and is flooded with mostly old games and shovelware. EA already beat them to the punch.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By cainetao11

@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@kyacat said:

There is, the market is overcrowded. Any other company coming in has to compete with Sony, MS, and Nintendo.No company at the moment can come in and hope to stand a chance with those three in there. Even though MS is screwing up this gen they still have an army of people that are loyal to Xbox. Free market business has to do with competition and companies that can't or won't compete get shoved out of a free market economy. If MS aren't willing to compete then they are taking the space of someone else that will be willing to do so. Consumers benefit when all three companies are doing their absolute best to compete for our dollars.

MS isn't even trying to compete. This whole gen has been nothing but an embarrassment for them and it seems right now they've completely given up. Look at the shit we've gotten lately from them, you can't compare their effort this gen to how hard they tried last gen with the 360. Right now they are practically helping Sony sell PS4s. I don't want that bullshit from them, if they aren't gonna give it everything they've got they should GTFO and create room for someone else that will.

Bullshit. That is not how competition in business works. You claim MS isn't trying to compete but as I bolded, you then claim another company has to compete with MS along with Sony and Nintendo. You don't get it both ways. Either MS are competing or not. If they aren't, then a new company only has to compete with Sony and Nintendo LOL

If another company can do better than MS since all of you guys swear they are worthless then let them fvckin prove it. You guys live in fantasy land where new businesses do not join an industry until a slot opens, as if slots actually exist.

Anybody can join and knock MS out since they are doing so terrible by you cows anyway. Then you cry and hide behind this bullshit about market too crowded. Well then you don't need anyone else to compete if the market has more than it can handle right now. Supply and demand, pal.

Are you not satisfied with your gaming? Why do you need your favorite punching bag to please you then? Your business logic asinine.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

This post and video is a bunch of BS, yes your car will get stuck on guard rails or between two things just like a real car. The reason why his car disappeared was because he didn't park it in the upgrade parking spot. I have been playing all weekend and so far nothing has disappeared, the only bug I have found so far was the stupid gates at my compound. They can be open and it stated open gate, and it closes and then opens. Real game breaking bug, you clowns are a joke. The game is a blast to play best $23 I have spent in a long time.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@rrjim1 said:

This post and video is a bunch of BS, yes your car will get stuck on guard rails or between two things just like a real car. The reason why his car disappeared was because he didn't park it in the upgrade parking spot. I have been playing all weekend and so far nothing has disappeared, the only bug I have found so far was the stupid gates at my compound. They can be open and it stated open gate, and it closes and then opens. Real game breaking bug, you clowns are a joke. The game is a blast to play best $23 I have spent in a long time.

Looking forward to giving it a try as soon as I see it available on GP.

It's been from Top to bottom an MS/Xbox smear campaign all gen long. It's really too bad because they've been doing some very awesome stuff for the gamers over the last few years but rarely gets any credit, just more hate.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Pedro
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Well, I still haven't seen why you think MS is entitled to a place in the industry because they squeezed PC architecture in a box 17 years ago. I mean, damn, they still gotta make some good games for their customers. Microsoft has too much of a case of "Hey, remember the good ol' days?" going on for them already.

Why do you and your people purposely respond to posts claiming that the post is saying something when it didn't? I know you and your buddy Quad was unfortunately scared by the Xbox and so this irrational behavior and obsession with the platform has become your default. But, there should be moments where rational thinking can take precedence even for a moment.

MS didn't only standardize the inclusion of storage on the console in the form of a hard-drive they also revolutionized the way we play online games on consoles. They weren't the first but they made it what it is today.

Cloud saves was also introduced as part of their online features. Last gen it was a paid feature this gen is available to all users. This makes mobility between the console ecosystem hassle free and payment free. Extending the cloud save is the automation behind it. You don't need to do anything, it just happens behind the scenes without prompt.

Xbox Play Anywhere is also a great feature. Anyone calling it desperation is missing the actual benefit of the feature that is the move to a universal purchase of games which is a benefit to all gamers. Buy a game once play one any device. At the moment we are stuck with Xbox and PC, the future is hardware agnostic.

Digital rights for content you own is so much better on the Xbox than any of its competitors. The ease of access to content you paid for cannot be simpler. Simply go to your My Apps and Games and there is a category exclusively for all the games you have purchased. Because your games travel with you, accessing these games on another system simply requires the player to login and download.

Game content management and access. This was a feature I thought was standard but it isn't. If you play a disc version of a game and the game is already installed switching to a digital purchase of the game requires nothing from the player. The game simply loads the already installed game without the need to download the "digital version". The same applies with trials. Whether you play it from a disc purchase or digital you simply launch the already installed game and the system would automatically check the available licenses to access the game content.

Crossplay. This is not a feature that is available for all games but this feature has been pushed in several games and is not limited to MS controlled devices. That has not been done before. PS4 and Vita is not the equivalent.

Cross Game party chat was introduced to consoles by MS. It has extended its reach with the Xbox app on PC and mobile devices.

Resume play is another feature that was introduced to consoles with the Xbox One. I believe it was first available in 2014. It was implemented on the PS4 in 2015.

Remap your controller. While I have not used this feature it allows for the remapping of your controller independent of games.

Game share. Have not used this feature but I heard it works really well.

And their most recent addition is the Xbox One Adaptability controller.

So, lets not pretend MS has contributed nothing.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Why do you and your people purposely respond to posts claiming that the post is saying something when it didn't? I know you and your buddy Quad was unfortunately scared by the Xbox and so this irrational behavior and obsession with the platform has become your default. But, there should be moments where rational thinking can take precedence even for a moment.

MS didn't only standardize the inclusion of storage on the console in the form of a hard-drive they also revolutionized the way we play online games on consoles. They weren't the first but they made it what it is today.

Cloud saves was also introduced as part of their online features. Last gen it was a paid feature this gen is available to all users. This makes mobility between the console ecosystem hassle free and payment free. Extending the cloud save is the automation behind it. You don't need to do anything, it just happens behind the scenes without prompt.

Xbox Play Anywhere is also a great feature. Anyone calling it desperation is missing the actual benefit of the feature that is the move to a universal purchase of games which is a benefit to all gamers. Buy a game once play one any device. At the moment we are stuck with Xbox and PC, the future is hardware agnostic.

Digital rights for content you own is so much better on the Xbox than any of its competitors. The ease of access to content you paid for cannot be simpler. Simply go to your My Apps and Games and there is a category exclusively for all the games you have purchased. Because your games travel with you, accessing these games on another system simply requires the player to login and download.

Game content management and access. This was a feature I thought was standard but it isn't. If you play a disc version of a game and the game is already installed switching to a digital purchase of the game requires nothing from the player. The game simply loads the already installed game without the need to download the "digital version". The same applies with trials. Whether you play it from a disc purchase or digital you simply launch the already installed game and the system would automatically check the available licenses to access the game content.

Crossplay. This is not a feature that is available for all games but this feature has been pushed in several games and is not limited to MS controlled devices. That has not been done before. PS4 and Vita is not the equivalent.

Cross Game party chat was introduced to consoles by MS. It has extended its reach with the Xbox app on PC and mobile devices.

Resume play is another feature that was introduced to consoles with the Xbox One. I believe it was first available in 2014. It was implemented on the PS4 in 2015.

Remap your controller. While I have not used this feature it allows for the remapping of your controller independent of games.

You're weird and triggered. So you're saying the Microsoft changed the game with a bunch of features that are already on PS4 like button remaps and crossplay. They did those before MS, BTW. PS3 owned crossplay. Were there ANY games that were crossplay on 360? Not surprised you'd give MS credit for this because their fandom can't keep their junk out of their mouths and only recognizes when Great Leader Phil Spencer tells them they have it. Also, putting your games on PC is not a feature, that's defeat. It says our games are selling like trash on console because our cult-like fanbase is too busy starting console wars and not playing games and we have to make them multiplat.

Oh, yeah, and thanks for introducing paid online to everyone. Real nice move there, MS. Dude, Xbox has brought nothing else to the table that's really even needed at this stage. If anything, a bunch of horseshit and buzzwords people like you go out and repeat at the masses like an autistic parrot. Xbox is nothing but memes these days, because people like you damage controlled it into the ground. If they want to make controllers for the handicapped that's great. Because we know Xbox is ALWAYS MAKING CONTROLLERS! Don't really need a console to do that.

The only thing MS needs to invent right now are some damn games, as it's making them irrelevant. It's not last gen anymore. MS are such innovators that they introduced a form of DRM to consumers that burned Xbox to the ground that they still can't recover from. MS serves no purpose but to be competition to Sony these days. If they pulled out of consoles now, the world wouldn't even miss them. Xbox under Phil Spencer has been a damn disaster.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By QuadKnight
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

^ ^ ? Triggered lem having a meltdown. Who's gonna read that entire butthurt essay? MS didn't invent cross play BTW, Sony had that shit since the PS3 era with PS3 and the Vita. Putting all your games on PC isn't innovative, it's admitting defeat. MS admitting they don't have the install base to support their first party games on Xbone.

"? B...bu....bu....bu....but MS changed teh game!"

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#329 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Don't care for the rest of your stuff, just pointing out 1 point.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/first-cross-platform-online-role-playing-game

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:
@cainetao11 said:
@quadknight said:

There is, the market is overcrowded. Any other company coming in has to compete with Sony, MS, and Nintendo.No company at the moment can come in and hope to stand a chance with those three in there. Even though MS is screwing up this gen they still have an army of people that are loyal to Xbox. Free market business has to do with competition and companies that can't or won't compete get shoved out of a free market economy. If MS aren't willing to compete then they are taking the space of someone else that will be willing to do so. Consumers benefit when all three companies are doing their absolute best to compete for our dollars.

Bullshit. That is not how competition in business works. You claim MS isn't trying to compete but as I bolded, you then claim another company has to compete with MS along with Sony and Nintendo. You don't get it both ways. Either MS are competing or not. If they aren't, then a new company only has to compete with Sony and Nintendo LOL

If another company can do better than MS since all of you guys swear they are worthless then let them fvckin prove it. You guys live in fantasy land where new businesses do not join an industry until a slot opens, as if slots actually exist.

Anybody can join and knock MS out since they are doing so terrible by you cows anyway. Then you cry and hide behind this bullshit about market too crowded. Well then you don't need anyone else to compete if the market has more than it can handle right now. Supply and demand, pal.

Are you not satisfied with your gaming? Why do you need your favorite punching bag to please you then? Your business logic asinine.

MS isn't competing effectively with Sony and Nintendo that is very much clear. They're getting completely annihilated in the regard, if you say otherwise you're in denial. With that said, any new company stepping into the gaming scene will be starting with nothing and as mediocre as MS is right now they still have an install base and following. Any company coming in will be starting from zero and have to compete with MS because MS still has a following and brand. The market is saturated right now, there's not enough room for four console manufacturers.

Sony and Nintendo have the majority of the market and whatever new manufacturer enters will have to fight for the scraps with MS. MS is taking up valuable space and their unwillingness to do anything substantial with the space they are taking is worrying. Everytime Phil goes on Twitter to congratulate Sony or Nintendo and everytime they release a massive flop like State of Decay 2 they are helping to sell more PS4s and Switch consoles.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 cainetao11

@quadknight: That's too bad bro. It's an interesting and truthful read. He never says MS invented cross play. What he points out us MS has made cross play not limited to MS controlled devices, something Sony did not do.

When you resort to "ZOMG butthurt, nobody will read that" you're really saying I will not read it because it may have some truth to it and justify the things MSFT has in fact brought to gaming.

Bottom line? Look at the poor girl in the adaptability controller reveal video. Did Sony or Nintendo give a shit about people like her enough to commit capital to R&D and making a controller they will never see a profit from? Then be open to say anyone can use this tech and build on it for their platform? No my brother, they did not. If that alone isn't enough to get fanboys to take a moment and be humble then they are fvck sticks.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: That's too bad bro. It's an interesting and truthful read. He never says MS invented cross play. What he points out us MS has made cross play not limited to MS controlled devices, something Sony did not do.

When you resort to "ZOMG butthurt, nobody will read that" you're really saying I will not read it because it may have some truth to it and justify the things MSFT has in fact brought to gaming.

Bottom line? Look at the poor girl in the adaptability controller reveal video. Did Sony or Nintendo give a shit about people like her enough to commit capital to R&D and making a controller they will never see a profit from? Then be open to say anyone can use this tech and build on it for their platform? No my brother, they did not. If that alone isn't enough to get fanboys to take a moment and be humble then they are fvck sticks.

Like I said earlier, I've given them credit for the controller. I completely forgot about that when I originally said they've added nothing new this gen.

The new controller is great and objectively speaking the only major positive innovation they've brought to this gen. I hope Nintendo and Sony follow their lead in this regard.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 cainetao11

@quadknight: And if the market is saturated, you don't need more supply because the demand is being met. So then what's the problem, Lee Iacocca?

Nintendo is not competing competently for my dollars right now. I beat BOTW, don't give a shyte about Mario, would rather play Skyrim, Doom on the X1X, will not stop playing R6S, halo 5 MP, PUBG to make time for Splatoon 2 and chat on a fvckin phone app because Nintendo can't figure out an online service with two credible blue prints already in existence.

Why do you require MS to compete with them? Do you have a back log of games to play? I do and that means games i wish to play are coming out faster than i can get to them. So again, what is the problem? Is it to make you feel better? Or do you not have enough games to play?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 cainetao11

@quadknight: But it clearly is not the only thing they have brought. If you'll put your ego aside and read his post, he makes some good points.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: But it clearly is not the only thing they have brought. If you'll put your ego aside and read his post, he makes some good points.

Nah I gleamed through it, nothing in his post is particularly innovative or a game changer for the industry this gen. Most fo the features he mentioned were already available in some form last gen. It sounds like he read through an Xbox PR catalogue and vomited it here. ? What the hell is "Game content management and access"? Game sharing and cross play have been available since last gen on PS3.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 cainetao11

It's like this, from a features and services and goodwill point of view, nobody is competing with MSFT. They are slaughtering Ninty and Sony. But tough shit, Phil Spencer that doesn't sell the masses on a console. MS have fvcled up royally and lost sight of what is most important, GAMES. New ones, established ones, independent ones, fvckin functional ones LMAO ?

But most intelligent and grounded gamers I know still say it, if you don't have enough games to play you must be filthy rich and be able to not sleep so as to play games 24 hours a day.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 cainetao11

@quadknight: Well we disagree. Not the first or last time I'm sure.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: And if the market is saturated, you don't need more supply because the demand is being met. So then what's the problem, Lee Iacocca?

Nintendo is not competing competently for my dollars right now. I beat BOTW, don't give a shyte about Mario, would rather play Skyrim, Doom on the X1X, will not stop playing R6S, halo 5 MP, PUBG to make time for Splatoon 2 and chat on a fvckin phone app because Nintendo can't figure out an online service with two credible blue prints already in existence.

Why do you require MS to compete with them? Do you have a back log of games to play? I do and that means games i wish to play are coming out faster than i can get to them. So again, what is the problem? Is it to make you feel better? Or do you not have enough games to play?

That's irrelevant. Nintendo is killing it right now.

They are totally burying MS in worldwide sales and even in NPD. They'll be catching up and overtaking Xbox lifetime sales by the end of this year or early next year. Sony and Nintendo are running circles right now around MS, it's not even funny anymore. That's why I say MS isn't really competing with them. Whether you or I like the Switch is irrelevant because the market has spoken already and they overwhelmingly prefer the Switch to the Xbone.

I want MS to compete seriously with Sony and Nintendo because I believe both companies are at their best when they feel MS is about to steal customers away from them. Right now neither company has anything at all to worry about when it comes to MS. They are more concerned with pleasing their fanbase and going through the motions because they are both extremely successful right now. It's the reason why PS4 has barely gotten any price drops this gen and Switch is still going for full price despite its shit hardware. If MS was killing it both manufacturers would be forced to lower their prices and Nintendo wouldn't be taking their sweet time to announce and release some games in 2018.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

It's like this, from a features and services and goodwill point of view, nobody is competing with MSFT. They are slaughtering Ninty and Sony. But tough shit, Phil Spencer that doesn't sell the masses on a console. MS have fvcled up royally and lost sight of what is most important, GAMES. New ones, established ones, independent ones, fvckin functional ones LMAO ?

But most intelligent and grounded gamers I know still say it, if you don't have enough games to play you must be filthy rich and be able to not sleep so as to play games 24 hours a day.

I have more than enough games to play bro, I just want MS to keep Nintendo and Sony at their toes. They aren't doing it right now and it's bothering me. Everyone knows what happens when Sony gets arrogant. I just don't want another PS3 situation where Sony decides to launch a $599 console and not have any games on it because they believe they own the market. A strong Xbox ensures that such a situation never happens again. MS needs to get their shit together.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 cainetao11

@quadknight: Irrelevant how? I can't assess competition unless it effects me in a subjective entertainment market. What is Nintendo killing? Sales? Why does that matter to any of us? I'm not on their payroll.

Metacritic scores of games? I don't play games with other peoples tastes, time or money. So why should i care?

The only way I should care is if they are providing ME with games and a platform I wish to play on. Nintendo is not. So what are they killing for me?

The only other thing that could matter is stock price. In this regard Nintendo has done me well. But MSFT has fvckin crushed both of them in this regard for me.

I don't understand why you need MS to compete with the others or in what way.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: Irrelevant how? I can't assess competition unless it effects me in a subjective entertainment market. What is Nintendo killing? Sales? Why does that matter to any of us? I'm not on their payroll.

Metacritic scores of games? I don't play games with other peoples tastes, time or money. So why should i care?

The only way I should care is if they are providing ME with games and a platform I wish to play on. Nintendo is not. So what are they killing for me?

The only other thing that could matter is stock price. In this regard Nintendo has done me well. But MSFT has fvckin crushed both of them in this regard for me.

I don't understand why you need MS to compete with the others or in what way.

Because how MS performs to their core base isn't what's relevant in the industry. There aren't enough hardcore lems in the industry to keep the Xbox brand alive, it's why MS is doing Play Anywhere and literally trying to turn the console into a service. They are bleeding Xbone fans every day. Go on Youtube and Twitter, hell even go to GameStop and Craig's List and see how many people are selling their Xbones. The console is a joke and a meme right now. If you want the Xbox brand to stay alive and relevant in the future you'll want it to attract more new gamers and not only hardcore fans like yourself.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 cainetao11

@quadknight: Yeah I'm calling bullshit bro. You guys go ape shit about how PS and Nintendo are killing it but have some bullshit need for MS to keep them on their toes? It doesn't compute dude.

It reminds me of tgob or whatever his name is claiming he made that SoD2 thread saying those of us that haven't experienced game breaking bugs are lying and the reason is because he cares about other gamers on SW not getting fooled. It's disingenuous bullshit.

This industry is saturated by your own admission, you have enough games to play by your own admission, MS has an established brand and loyal base by your own admission, the industry is a multi billion dollar monster but you're worried and want MS to keep Sony and Nintendo on their toes even though you guys can't stop creaming your pants about how great they are doing? That's non sense bro.

I've said it before, some people won't like Xbox until it's a carbon copy of PS or doesn't exist.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

as a PS4 owner i still wouldn't mind getting this game for 30 on ps4

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 cainetao11

@quadknight: Because how MS performs to their core base isn't what's relevant in the industry. There aren't enough hardcore lems in the industry to keep the Xbox brand alive, it's why MS is doing Play Anywhere and literally trying to turn the console into a service. "

LOL ?. Here it is!! The "i care for those lems, I'm doing this for them!!".

All you do is shit on them here but people are supposed to believe your stance is for them? Come on bro, this is some of your weakest bullshit ever.

I do go to game stop and there is no shortage of used PS4s either.

MS just announced recently, revenue is up, gold subscriptions are up, console sales are up, all year on year.

Link me to the MS meeting you were in where they told you why they are doing play anywhere? Because it seems more plausible that they are doing it to make Windows 10, you know their major product remain relevant in a world in which Mac's home computer market share is growing every year. I'd say saving Windows comes before Xbox, but what do I know? I've only been an investor for over 11 years.

Your business logic is emotionally bound, and emotions and money do not mix.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#345 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@cainetao11: windows has nothing to do with this discussion, leave it out of it.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Just put in about a hour this weekend and had so much fun. Undead Labs knocked it out of the park with zombie survival simulation. Early and havent experienced any of the glitches but this game is so damn addicting and deep with building and gaining mods. This is why i dont pay any attention to reviews, you miss out a lot. Cant wait to sink some more time in. Simple tasks can go south on the simplest mistake, love when it goes to hell.

Just overwhelming with all you can build, upgrade and mod. State of Decay 2 might be my fav game of the year along with God of War 4.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By cainetao11

@recloud: I didn't bring up play anywhere which includes Windows

Check yourself, and don't be telling others what do do on this board if you can't read who actually brought it up

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By QuadKnight
@cainetao11 said:

@quadknight: Because how MS performs to their core base isn't what's relevant in the industry. There aren't enough hardcore lems in the industry to keep the Xbox brand alive, it's why MS is doing Play Anywhere and literally trying to turn the console into a service. "

LOL ?. Here it is!! The "i care for those lems, I'm doing this for them!!".

All you do is shit on them here but people are supposed to believe your stance is for them? Come on bro, this is some of your weakest bullshit ever.

I do go to game stop and there is no shortage of used PS4s either.

MS just announced recently, revenue is up, gold subscriptions are up, console sales are up, all year on year.

Link me to the MS meeting you were in where they told you why they are doing play anywhere? Because it seems more plausible that they are doing it to make Windows 10, you know their major product remain relevant in a world in which Mac's home computer market share is growing every year. I'd say saving Windows comes before Xbox, but what do I know? I've only been an investor for over 11 years.

Your business logic is emotionally bound, and emotions and money do not mix.

Not difficult to do when they hit rock bottom last year. Instead of mentioning revenue being up why can't they mention profit like Sony and Nintendo and give actual numbers? If they are doing as well as you claim they wouldn't be hiding those numbers.

I don't give a shit about lems and the XBone brand, I care about the gaming industry. Like I've told you before MS can GTFO for all I care. I want some good competition for Sony because I benefit more as a gamer when Sony is motivated to try hard for my dollars. MS isn't providing good competition for Sony and I'm worried next gen Sony won't fight as hard for my money. I don't "hate" MS I own a PC with Windows 10 (a fantastic OS) that I love using. I even bought a 360 last gen which I still keep.

MS this gen is a f***ing joke and I want them to get off their butts and give Nintendo and Sony some competition. Where is the MS that was around during the start of last gen? Getting deals and securing exclusives in Japan even though they knew those exclusives wouldn't sell well. I want the old hungry MS back not this Kumbaya bullshit MS that's congratulating Sony on Twitter and giving out PS4s on Mixer. They should GTFO with that nonsense, they should play to win or go home. This is a competition for my wallet not a tea party.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 Pedro

You know you don't have an argument when all you can say is triggered. LOL.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 cainetao11

@quadknight: Rock bottom and yet as you stated they have an established brand and base that for some unknown to actual business practices would stop another company from being successful if they joined.

So let me get this right, quadknight, not MSFt gets to decide on the health of the numbers they report? They've lost that free right?