Ouch - State of Decay 2 gets 5/10 on GS, AVOID rating on Eurogamer. Also 7.5 on IGN. Buggy mess by all accounts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
#1 Edited by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

A dreary, buggy mess apparently.

'None of that's nearly enough to save the game, however, even if you're new to the series. State of Decay 2 is a poor return on the scruffy promise of its predecessor, which topped Xbox Live Arcade charts largely, I suspect, for its resemblance to DayZ. It tantalises with the thought of raggedy everyday heroes pooling their myriad talents to survive, only to quantify and busywork all that out of existence. Its resource and scavenging elements are as suffocating as its social elements are underplayed. It's saying quite a lot that the bugs, in the end, are the things I remember most strongly about it - accidental windows upon an experience that is less sluggish and dreary and, well, less of a zombie.'

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-16-state-of-decay-2-review-a-soggy-open-world-loot-em-up-with-catastrophic-bugs

#2 Edited by _Matt_ (10494 posts) -

Did anyone expect otherwise? I don't recall seeing anyone hyping this, but I'm not skulking around on here as much as I used to.

#3 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

WOW...

But SW fanboys get mad at Sony for producing highly polished and engrossing single player experiences while trying to rally behind GAAS crap like SoT and SoD?

Come to XBOX ONE if you want to experience buggy, unfinished early access, No content having, pay to we finish the game low quality titles!!!

I actually had hope for this title smh.

LMAO no wonder MS are hyping PS4 exclusives instead of their own games...

TLHBO..Again!

#4 Posted by locopatho (23597 posts) -

That's a shame. First one hit a very sweet spot, being lots of fun while at that "indie/XBLA" price/expectation level. I guess the expectations have risen for this one.

#5 Posted by Litchie (24319 posts) -

Exactly as I expected.

#6 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@locopatho said:

That's a shame. First one hit a very sweet spot, being lots of fun while at that "indie/XBLA" price/expectation level. I guess the expectations have risen for this one.

They offically lowered it to $30 before reviews went out, basically making it indie level as far as expectations go and STILL got this score...that says a lot.

#7 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@locopatho said:

They offically lowered it to $30 before reviews went out, basically making it indie level as far as expectations go and STILL got this score...that says a lot.

I though the game had been priced at $30 for months now, way before the review were due.

#8 Posted by scatteh316 (10253 posts) -

I liked the first one.......... another game with no much potential that's been a victim of too much pressure.

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (34962 posts) -

Not putting it on Steam, like people will be running to Microsoft store for this shit.

#10 Posted by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:

They officially lowered it to $30 before reviews went out, basically making it indie level as far as expectations go and STILL got this score...that says a lot.

I though the game had been priced at $30 for months now, way before the review were due.

That...that doesn't contradict anything I just said.

#11 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

Will MS ever be able to publish a good game?

#12 Edited by Ten_Pints (3905 posts) -

Another one bites the dust.

#13 Posted by locopatho (23597 posts) -
@pc_rocks said:

Age Of Empires in 1997 ;)

#14 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:

They officially lowered it to $30 before reviews went out, basically making it indie level as far as expectations go and STILL got this score...that says a lot.

I thought you meant the dropped the price of the game moments before the reviews went up when you wrote this 'They officially lowered it to $30 before reviews went out'.

#15 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

Lems are the only ones that didn't see this coming.

Another incoming epic flop for the Flopbox One. Crackhead 3 is next on the flop block, I expect it to be even worse.

I don't know why lems keep punishing themselves and hyping these turds. They never learn anything. When you can't get any worthwhile exclusives on your $500 water cooler you'll hype anything I guess.

Inb4 "teh media bias!" claims.

#16 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@quadknight said:

Another epic flop for the Flopbox One. Crackhead 3 is next on there flop block, I expect it to be even worse.

I don't know why lems keep punishing themselves and hyping these turds. They never learn anything.

Maybe they are just not as wise and smart as your good self.

#17 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@boycie said:
@quadknight said:

Another epic flop for the Flopbox One. Crackhead 3 is next on there flop block, I expect it to be even worse.

I don't know why lems keep punishing themselves and hyping these turds. They never learn anything.

Maybe they are just not as wise and smart as your good self.

Nah, it's desperation.

Lems have forgotten what it's like to play good games. Years of mediocre trash from MS has made lem standards non-existent. They'll hype any turd coming to the Flopbone as long as it's an exclusive.

#18 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:

I thought you meant the dropped the price of the game moments before the reviews went up when you wrote this 'They officially lowered it to $30 before reviews went out'.

Umm I didn't say that though. I simply said they officially lowered State of Decay 2's price to $30 before reviews went out!

What's confusing about that?

20 - 30 is what indie titles usually launch at so that's why they set expectations to that of an indie before release.

#19 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

@tgob89 said:

WOW...

But SW fanboys get mad at Sony for producing highly polished and engrossing single player experiences while trying to rally behind GAAS crap like SoT and SoD?

Come to XBOX ONE if you want to experience buggy, unfinished early access, No content having, pay to we finish the game low quality titles!!!

I actually had hope for this title smh.

LMAO no wonder MS are hyping PS4 exclusives instead of their own games...

TLHBO..Again!

Loading Video...

#20 Posted by locopatho (23597 posts) -
@quadknight said:

Lems have forgotten what it's like to play good games. Years of mediocre trash from MS has made lem standards non-existent.

It's good we have you to tell us about standards. "Now Playing: DOAX3" - 43 on Metacritic, lol.

#21 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:

Umm I didn't say that though. I simply said they officially lowered State of Decay 2's price to $30 before reviews went out!

What's confusing about that?

They lowered the price months before the reviews went out would have been clearer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
#22 Posted by deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec (6762 posts) -

@locopatho said:
@pc_rocks said:

Age Of Empires in 1997 ;)

Ori and the Blind Forest. :)

#23 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19261 posts) -

Pretty much what I expected... once they release a few patches, it'll be better.

But not my cup of tea anyway.

#24 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

Lems have forgotten what it's like to play good games. Years of mediocre trash from MS has made lem standards non-existent.

It's good we have you to tell us about standards. "Now Playing: DOAX3" - 43 on Metacritic, lol.

You would have a point if I actually hyped that game but unfortunately for you I never did. It's a crappy game and I don't pretend to myself that it's a great game. I bought DOAX3 knowing fully well that it was a mediocre game. Lems on the other hand, hype any turd MS releases as the next coming.

#25 Posted by locopatho (23597 posts) -
@quadknight said:
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

You would have a point if I actually hyped that game but unfortunately for you I never did. It's a crappy game and I don't pretend to myself that it's a great game. I bought DOAX3 knowing fully well that it was a mediocre game. Lems on the other hand, hype any turd MS releases as the next coming.

So you just play crap but it's cool because you don't actually enjoy it. Lol. Self punishment? :P

#26 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

So you just play crap but it's cool because you don't actually enjoy it. Lol. Self punishment? :P

Probably self gratification.

#27 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

It's not punishment if there's bouncing boobs involved :P

#28 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

He has a point its just that you're not smart enough to understand it LOL, damn quack owned AGAIN.

#29 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@quadknight said:

Another incoming epic flop for the Flopbox One. Crackhead 3 is next on there flop block, I expect it to be even worse.

I don't know why lems keep punishing themselves and hyping these turds. They never learn anything. When you can't get any worthwhile exclusives on your $500 water cooler you'll hype anything I guess.

To be fair, a lemming didn't make the State of Decay hype thread, someone they lable a cow did.

Lemmings don't love own their games, they just love to hate games on PlayStation because they aren't really gamers.

#30 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

He has a point its just that you're not smart enough to understand it LOL, damn quack owned AGAIN.

His point like exclusive games on Flopbone is nonexistent. I dismantled it before he even started. He has no point since I've never hyped DOAX3 or claimed it's a great game like clowns like you did for SoD2 and Sea of Turds.

#31 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:

Another incoming epic flop for the Flopbox One. Crackhead 3 is next on there flop block, I expect it to be even worse.

To be fair, a lemming didn't make the State of Decay hype thread, someone they lable a cow did.

Lemmings don't love own their games, they just love to hate games on PlayStation because they aren't really gamers.

Where's the Detroit hype thread then?

#32 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@locopatho said:
@quadknight said:

His point like exclusive games on Flopbone is nonexistent. I dismantled it before he even started. He has no point since I've never hyped DOAX3 or claimed it's a great game like clowns like you did for SoD2 and Sea of Turds.

**** you're dense lol.

#33 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:

So you're telling me lems can't even be bothered to make hype threads for their own trash?

#35 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:

So you're telling me lems can't even be bothered to make hype threads for their own trash?

What does the lack of a Detroit hype thread say then?

#36 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

**** you're dense lol.

? Says the dumbass lem that was dense enough to allow MS to sell him a $500 water cooler.

Please, no one explain it to quack as its funny LMFAO.

#38 Edited by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -
@boycie said:
@quadknight said:
@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:

There's a hype thread my little lem.

You can get back to your regular scheduled damage control for the imminent SOD2 flop on GS.

#39 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@xboxdestroyesps said:

the desperation pony express is in full swing here!

has god of war sold as many as pubg yet,you know the the preview programme. game?...dont tell me a 10 outta 10 game with 80 million consoles sold is struggling to outsell a game on a platform with half the user base ???

Most of them have probably finished GoW now and are back playing multiplats.

#40 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@quadknight said:
@boycie said:
@quadknight said:
@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:

There's a hype thread my little lem.

You can get back to your regular scheduled damage control for the preeminent SOD2 flop on GS.

I stand corrected, My apologies.

#41 Posted by Tigerbalm (1092 posts) -

AAA letdown, thanks again Microsoft.

#44 Posted by QuadKnight (12916 posts) -

@tigerbalm said:

This is exactly why Rabid Xbox Fanatics Insurgents are on different sites and forums saying all games should be on all platforms. They are following the talking points of Microsoft.

When your $500 console isn’t getting any quality games of its own of course you’re gonna be fighting for all games to be on all platforms. Hungry lems wanna enjoy PS4 and Switch exclusives on their Flopbones without buying the systems.

#45 Posted by Tigerbalm (1092 posts) -

@quadknight: That's what Phil has putting in their heads just like we only show games that will release this year at E3. Rabid Xbox Fanatics were repeating that phrase all over the internet like it had been programmed into them.

#46 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:
@quadknight said:

Where's the Detroit hype thread then?

lol Why ask?

Cows JUST made the God of War thread and hyped it AAA like G's with pride! So your deflection attempt already FAILS full stop.

You lems posted more tears and butthurt responses in the God of War thread than for a game you actually can play on your beloved xbox.

A "cow" had to make the State of Decay 2 thread didn't make it past the first page lol

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/state-of-decay-2-and-the-hype-thread-on-killing-zo-33432011/#38

pathetic.

Stop trying to shift gears to sony fans here bud. You lems whom only have Sea of Thieves, State of Decay and Crackdown 3 confirmed as your AAA 2018 lineup are so obsessed with downplaying Sony exclusives the hype thread for your most recently released title can't even make it past the first page!

Also You can bet your ass Spiderman will get a hype thread and will be hyped AAA with no shame...you lems can't say the same for what's confirmed for your xbox this year.

#47 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

@tigerbalm said:

This is exactly why Rabid Xbox Fanatics Insurgents are on different sites and forums saying all games should be on all platforms. They are following the talking points of Microsoft.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#48 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (5012 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

Not putting it on Steam, like people will be running to Microsoft store for this shit.

Which is weird, since the last game was on Steam. If it ever gets fixed one of these days, if they don't abandon it, maybe they'll change their minds.

#49 Posted by Epak_ (10713 posts) -

This is getting ridiculous.

#50 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

On point with the games' name.